Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Forbes: Highest paid YouTube stars :wtf:
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #8241
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
been out of the country all week...finally back to civilization
didnt get a chance to see the game where i was at, so i just seen the highlights
 6 years ago '04        #8242
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474

[pic - click to view]

wait a minute....is that a smile?!?:wow:
 6 years ago '06        #8243
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12016 12016
 madness said:

[pic - click to view]

wait a minute....is that a smile?!?:wow:
dawg he was chest pumpin like crazy with the D and Oline

he was so happy that he beat butch and owned them

i would be happy too :rasta:

week by week lets get it :rasta:
 10-25-2010, 10:23 AM         #8244
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another Report; DB Gorman at the game. Miami and The OSU are neck and neck for his services.

Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace High School DB Jabari Gorman was in the recruiting section for Miami's game Saturday night against North Carolina. "I had a good time," Gorman said. "Miami kind of came out with a slow start and picked it up after halftime. That excited the whole crowd."

Gorman appreciated the enthusiasm of UM's players in the game. "I saw all that," he said. "Everybody was making plays in that third quarter. They got the crowd into it, had this music playing that really got everybody dancing. It was kind of hyped, the team hyped up the fans and that was great."

Asked if the game made him feel differently about the Canes, Gorman said, "Games really don't affect me, I'm not that type of person. I like playing in games, but I just watch the game. Still, it was exciting to see them bounce back from the last home game (against Florida State). That's what really caught my attention, that they still are a strong team."

Gorman said it was a much smaller recruiting contingent compared to the Florida State game, and he spoke with Hurricane commitment Phillip Dorsett while there. "Me and Phillip grew up with each other," Goman said. "He was talking about everything. I asked him what made him make his decision, compared my ideas to his. He said for him he picked Miami because it's home, the opportunity is there to play, and being in his hometown with his family watching, that's big for him."

Gorman also has the hometown pull. But for now he has Ohio State and UM even as his top two with Alabama at No. 3. While he said the Buckeyes were his leader in past updates, he now says the two programs are neck and neck. "There's no gap," he said. "I had Ohio State ahead, but it's really nothing like a No. 1 to me, because if they were a No. 1 I should have committed. I'm leaning to neither right now."

Gorman didn't talk with coaches or Miami players while at the game, but he says he'll be checking in with several Canes this week. "I talk to some of the players all the time," he said. "Normally I'll talk to Demarcus (Van Dyke****), Stephen (Morris) or Allen Hurns, will try to get in contact with them. "And I talk to Miami coaches every week, coach (Aubrey) Hill and (Wesley) McGriff."

So when will he know where he's playing college ball? "Maybe when everything starts to settle down," Gorman said. "Right now these football games, talking to coaches ... when everything settles down, people aren't coming at me."

So far Gorman has five interceptions (with 177 return yards) for his 6-0 team. He has six touchdowns (one on a kickoff return, one on an interception return and four at wide receiver).
 10-25-2010, 10:23 AM         #8245
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 Star S. Carolina OL has Miami in his Top 5
October 25, 2010

Charleston (SC) Goose Creek High School OL Brandon Shell doesn't grant many media requests. Heck, he doesn't even run to the phone when top college head coaches from around the nation come calling.

"He's a very quiet kid, isn't into the whole recruiting thing," Shell's coach, Chuck Reedy, says. "He's not caught up in all of that. He's certainly not the norm. When (head coaches call) I have to make him come talk. He's very polite and nice, but he's not into all that."

Shell's got NFL written all over him. And not just because of his athletic 6-foot-7, 290-pound frame. His great uncle is former NFL coach Art Shell, and Reedy coached NFL talent while head coach at Baylor in the 1990s - he's the last coach to lead that program to a bowl game.

Reedy has coached at Goose Creek High for nine years, and his team is undefeated this season. "My role with Brandon's family is I'm here to help them and protect him because it could get a little bit overwhelming," Reedy said. "So that's my job. I want him to go somewhere they can prepare him for the next level because he's an NFL player if he's in the right program and stays healthy."

Shell has a top five of Miami, South Carolina, Georgia, Clemson and Alabama. He's open among the five. "Miami and Alabama are the only schools outside of this immediate area," Reedy said. "He's narrowed it to five and Miami was one of the five. He is considering them, but I don't know how seriously. Once we started the season we said let's wait till after the season to get into all of this."

Of why Shell put Miami on his list of finalists, Reedy said, "I was out the day the Miami recruiter came by here, but he made an impression on him. And also he was at the Clemson-Miami game. That could have impacted things as well."

Reedy raves about Shell's ability and says he's the type of player that can make an immediate impact at the next level. "If the Good Lord was going to make an offensive tackle, you draw up Brandon," Reedy said. "He's very athletic, has great feet. He can run, bend. He uses his hands very well. He's got everything you're looking for in an offensive lineman. His athleticism will give him a chance to play as a freshman. The thing he'll need to do is get stronger. On top of all that he's just a great kid, a wonderful young man."

Reedy says Shell will decide on his official visits after the season ends. But if the team makes a run deep into the playoffs there won't be many available weekends for visits - Shell already plans to participate in the Army All-American Bowl and the North Carolina-South Carolina Shrine Bowl. He also plays basketball - Reedy says he would have been recruited as a lower end D-I basketball prospect if he didn't play football.

"I doubt very seriously he'll take five visits," Reedy said. "I don't know how many basketball games he'll want to miss to take trips."
 6 years ago '04        #8246
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Press Conference News & Notes:10/26
Oct. 26, 2010

By: David Lake

Randy Shannon
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- After an impressive 33-10 win over North Carolina last week, the Hurricanes are back on the road against Virginia this week.

The No. 22 ranked Hurricanes (5-2) are still in control of their own destiny in their quest for an ACC Championship berth out of the coastal division.

Virginia (3-4) is coming off a 48-31 win over Eastern Michigan. The Cavaliers have not won an ACC game yet this season.

Read here for more news and notes going into this week’s game at Virginia.

Randy Shannon Opening Statement

“We have another ACC opponent in the coastal division. We have Virginia coming up this week. They are a good football team. If you watch them against USC, they played tough on defense. They did a great job of those guys playing hard the entire football game. They run the football well if you watch them the week before against North Carolina. When they played North Carolina, they were moving the ball up and down the field, but turnovers got them. They play nine men in the box and they try to stuff the run game.”

News & Notes

• Miami’s running game is averaging over 200 yards in the last four games. The attack is led by senior Damien Berry, who has had four straight games of at least 100 yards and totaled 648 yards and four touchdowns this year. “Our offensive line and our fullbacks are doing a great job,” Shannon said. “Pat Hill is doing a great job. We are running the football to set up the pass. If you look at the balance we have on this football team, we are an offense that can move the ball to score points.”

• Berry started his Miami career at safety before he was moved to running back after his redshirt year. Shannon talked about the decision to move Berry from defense to offense. “Just watching him in practice, I said he is not the same guy he was in high school and I watched some clips of him playing defensive back and running back and he excelled more on running back, so I said we are going to move him to running back and have him on scout team,” Shannon said.

• The running game particularly did a good job of setting up the pass against North Carolina. Against the Tar Heels, Miami’s receivers made multiple catches in traffic down the field. “If you say you want to stop the run and put eight or nine guys in the box, then we can still run against eight or nine in the box, then it is difficult to stop the passing game. Now you have eight guys in the box committed and then all of a sudden you see a play action pass and it is a deep ball and you get points that way.”

• Miami’s offensive line has made big improvements since last year. The Hurricanes have only allowed eight sacks this season after allowing 35 sacks last year. “I think they are working together. The difference is five new guys. Orlando is the guy that is coming back, but it is a new position. Harland Gunn flopped guard spots, Tyler Horn didn’t play, Brandon Washington didn’t play until the end of the season and you have Seantrel, who is a new guy, with Jermaine Johnson. Those five guys are coming together and watching a lot of film on their own and I think Tyler Horn has been the key to that, because he is the guy that has to call out the run blocking and the protections. When those guys watch film on their own and study on their own, it is paying off when they get to the game.”

• Virginia’s offense is similar to the scheme Miami saw from North Carolina last week. The Cavaliers feature two running backs who have run for more than 399 yards and 10 touchdowns. Keith Payne is a bigger back at 6-feet-2 and 255 pounds, who has scored 10 touchdowns this year while Perry Jones is more of a scatback who has speed and agility. “We are probably going to see the same type of offense we saw last week. It will be a pro-style offense where they try to pound the ball.”

• On defense, Shannon would like to see Miami do a better job of limiting big runs. “We are giving up too many big run plays,” Shannon said. “We will come back and fix it and guys will play well, but we have to be consistent. We are getting a lot of turnovers and a lot of tackles for loss, but for us to take that next step giving up those big plays in the run has to change.”

• Shannon on guarding against a letdown after an emotional win against North Carolina: “We just keep reminding them and if somebody is not practicing well we will just put somebody else in. A letdown is not going to be by the team, it is by an individual that thinks they already have it done. You just have to put the tape in and if they aren’t doing the things we need to get done in practice, we put somebody else in.”

• Miami has played 19 freshmen or redshirt freshmen this season. Freshmen like Seantrel Henderson, Brandon Linder, Asante Cleveland, and Kelvin Cain have already started games for Miami. “When you have guys that can come in and contribute—and like I say if you can mentally and physically handle it, you can play at the University of Miami,” Shannon said. “Any time that happens, you have somebody that is really special.”

• Shannon has gotten great production out of his safety rotation of Vaughn Telemaque, JoJo Nicolas and Ray Ray Armstong this year. “You take the pressure off one and play all three of them,” Shannon said. “Telemaque has been more the vocal guy with leadership and making plays. JoJo is a guy that no matter what happens, he is going to do it the right way every time. Ray has been doing an unbelievable job of coming in and making plays. Whether he starts or not, he is always focused. If you keep the competition and keep that thumb on them a little bit, they are going to be even better.”

• With Miami raising their interception totals from last season already, Shannon has noticed a rise in confidence from the defensive backs. “They play with a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of excitement. Ryan Hill has been put in some one-on-one situations and come up with some big plays and Van Dyke has come up with some plays compared to what he has done in the past. Also they are starting to be more physical in the running game.
 6 years ago '04        #8247
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
• Miami’s offensive line has made big improvements since last year. The Hurricanes have only allowed eight sacks this season after allowing 35 sacks last year. “I think they are working together. The difference is five new guys. Orlando is the guy that is coming back, but it is a new position. Harland Gunn flopped guard spots, Tyler Horn didn’t play, Brandon Washington didn’t play until the end of the season and you have Seantrel, who is a new guy, with Jermaine Johnson. Those five guys are coming together and watching a lot of film on their own and I think Tyler Horn has been the key to that, because he is the guy that has to call out the run blocking and the protections. When those guys watch film on their own and study on their own, it is paying off when they get to the game.”
We can thank Matt Pipho finally graduating too. Bum a.ss accounted for at least 8 sacks given up last year
 6 years ago '04        #8248
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Canes: Rolle's visit "put the dog back in us"

When UM lost to Florida State by 28 points back on Oct. 9, several former Hurricanes came out and criticized the lack of effort and passion they saw from their former team. Coach Randy Shannon said he didn't see enough internal leadership and policing from his players.

Antrel Rolle Last Saturday's 33-10 rout of North Carolina was almost the antithesis of the FSU loss. Players weren't just bouncing around, arguing with each other on the sidelines and creating big plays, they were drawing 15-yard penalties for excessive celebration. It was almost as if some old Hurricane spirits had taken over the bodies of the current Canes and made them enthusiastic and fun to watch again (Hey, it's almost Halloween, give me a pass).

Turns out, what really happened was that a visit from former Hurricane Antrel Rolle helped a rather large awakening take place in Coral Gables. Rolle met with the entire team and then privately with the defensive backs to deliver a strong message.

What was it? "Just to play for each other, have each other's back, have coach Shannon's back and our coaching staff's back most of all," cornerback Brandon Harris said Tuesday. "The main thing we talked about was how we've been taking a back seat and letting our coaches take the heat when as a team we have to get some things together and get some things going. You sort of hear a lot about what old guys used to do. But just to hear it come out of his mouth, it was impressive...

"He spoke his honest opinion on some issues. It was true, it was undeniable. As a team, finally hearing that from an outside influence, but also somebody still close to the family, it kind of hit close to home. Usually when you hear things you're able to wash it off. But hearing it from a guy of his caliber, who has been here, who has been a part of the program, it really stuck with us. In the back of our minds we were kind of like 'Man, we can't let these guys down.' They've established this program to where it is and we have to keep it going. He said a lot of good things to us. A lot of guys took it and ran with it the rest of the week."

Rolle has worked out in Coral Gables over the last few summers since he left for for the NFL in 2005 (8th pick overall by Arizona) and is widely admired by players in UM's secondary. Senior Ryan Hill said chose to come to UM because he thought he could develop into a player like Rolle, who was a vocal leader during his time at UM.

"I've been talking to Antrel for awhile," Hill said. "I know his mindset. He has that k!ller instinct, that dog, typical Miami player. For him to come back and talk to us, I felt like guys bought into it. One of the things he mentioned was that he didn't think we were having fun... he put the dog back in us."

That dog showed up right around the second quarter when the Hurricanes started bopping their heads and dancing during a North Carolina injury timeout. According to Hill, it even spread into a new team chant led by Spence.

"Sean does a good job getting the defense ready," Hill said. "We have his little chant now: 'Up and down, round and round.' "If it takes us having fun the rest of our games, I'm sure you guys will see a sequel to that."

Although the fun went a little too far for officials last Saturday (when Harris drew a 15-yard penalty for playing the role of a horse getting whipped by teammate Sean Spence after his interception), it doesn't appear as if Shannon is going to curtail the emotion or enthusiasm. After the game, Harris said he expected to be punished by Shannon for his antics. But it turns out, he wasn't. Shannon gave him a pass.

"Coach said he just wants me to remember next time not get penalized," Harris said. "But the fun, the dancing? He's all for that as long as we keep winning."

> I'll have more notes and blogs for you in the coming days. But here are the video interviews from this morning and afternoon. For more interviews including Randy Shannon's press conference, check out our audio section.

Read more:
is that swag coming back again ???

Shannon not giving a f**k for the players making plays and then getting penalized :applause::celebrate:

Let's get it
 6 years ago '07        #8249
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465

Is virginia ready?

We commin
 6 years ago '07        #8250
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Haha Im glad we won, but that whole regaining our swagger pops up everytime we win

Just tryna see results, then anybody can do whatever the f**k they want

We needa put a whopping on virginia and maryland, show we aint weakened after that fsu game
 6 years ago '04        #8251
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 ttime236 said:
Haha Im glad we won, but that whole regaining our swagger pops up everytime we win

Just tryna see results, then anybody can do whatever the f**k they want

We needa put a whopping on virginia and maryland, show we aint weakened after that fsu game
naww this time is different. As soon as Shannon smiled and uncrossed his arms I knew the corner had been turned !!!!!!!!!!!:applause::applause::il ike2:

next we gonna see Shannon doing the finger pointing like he did back in the 80s Straight gangsta s**t

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 10-27-2010 at 02:36 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #8252
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,665 | Props total: 3775 3775
tune into a real team tomorrow.....
 6 years ago '04        #8253
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
tune into a real team tomorrow.....
NC State? Yeah they been making some noise this season ..
 6 years ago '05        #8254
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,665 | Props total: 3775 3775
 Cap Peeler said:
NC State? Yeah they been making some noise this season ..
predictable....knew it was comin....
 6 years ago '04        #8255
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
predictable....knew it was comin....
Why you got a picture on your avy of a bunch of n*ggas in their underwear daw ??:fruit::hay::fruit:
 6 years ago '07        #8256
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465

His favorite rapper is lil b is that so suprising
 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM         #8257
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Northwestern High School quarterback Teddy Bridgewater did this summer what most South Beach-area football players dream of doing — he committed to the University of Miami.

The Scout.com five-star gunslinger was set to once again inherit Jacory Harris' position. He followed the current Miami junior quarterback to Miami Northwestern, which Harris led to state titles in 2006 and 2007.

Bridgewater, dubbed the crown jewel of the Hurricanes' 2011 recruiting class, would join eight other players from his high school at "The U."

But the usually consistent 12-mile prospect pipeline from Miami Northwestern to Miami may have a leak.

Shea Dixon, managing editor of TigerSportsDigest.com, said Bridgewater is not completely sold on Miami and is planning on visiting other schools, including LSU.

"Bridgewater is still committed to Miami, but Miami hasn't had the best season," Dixon said. "He'll probably look at some schools in December."

Bridgewater's top target on Friday nights, Miami Northwestern wide receiver Eli Rogers, recently decommitted from Miami.

Dixon said Bridgewater, Scout's No. 4 overall quarterback for 2011, has plans to visit LSU after his senior season with Miami Northwestern. Louisville, Florida and South Florida also remain on his radar.

"Before he committed to Miami, he always talked about LSU and the national exposure it gets," Dixon said. "He always said that if he was going to go out of state, LSU would be one of the top on his list."

Derek Ponamsky, Bayou Bengals Insider recruiting analyst, said the feelings were mutual between LSU and the blue-chip recruit.

"LSU recruited him early on," Ponamsky said. "Once he made his commitment, they still remained in contact. Once a player commits, it doesn't mean his recruitment stops."

Bridgewater has filled in nicely for Harris at Miami Northwestern, throwing for 2,546 yards and 32 touchdowns as a junior.

The 6-foot-3-inch, 192-pound quarterback also got it done on the ground, using his 4.6 40-yard dash speed to earn 400 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground as a junior.

Ponamsky said Bridgewater's interest in the Tigers stems from an opportunity to compete early for playing time at an elite Southeastern Conference school.

LSU's only scholarship signal callers this season are juniors Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee. Athens, Ala., quarterback Stephen Rivers has committed to LSU's 2011 class.

"These guys all look at depth charts," Ponamsky said. "If you're going to a place with two senior quarterbacks, you see a clear path to the field."

LSU wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator Billy Gonzales, who served as Florida's wide receivers coach from 2005 to 2009, has been in charge of Bridgewater's recruitment as well as other Sunshine State prospects.

"[Gonzales] is well-respected in the recruiting circles," Ponamsky said. "He came in late and swayed [freshman wide receiver] Kadron Boone to join LSU. He's got a reputation as a tireless recruiter."

Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Scarborough said Bridgewater's final decision, which is likely to come closer to National Signing Day on Feb. 2, will be heavily based on junior college quarterback Zach Mettenberger.

Mettenberger, a former Georgia gunslinger, will visit LSU the weekend of the Tigers' Nov. 20 game against Ole Miss. His decision could come soon after the game because he plans on being an early enrollee and attending spring practices.

"If Mettenberger commits, it's over," Scarborough said. "Some people think LSU may take three quarterbacks. There could be a scenario if one of those guys would want to come, but I don't think those guys would want LSU."

Scarborough said LSU offensive coordinator Gary Crowton and recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson visited Mettenberger last week in El Dorado, Kan.

Mettenberger also has offers from Arizona, Troy and Cincinnati and will visit Texas A&M this weekend.

Alabama joined the Mettenberger sweepstakes Wednesday, extending an offer to the 6-foot-5-inch pocket passer, according to Scarborough.

Scout three-star recruits Cardale Jones and Jacoby Brissett, who will be on campus for LSU's game against Alabama, are two other main quarterbacks LSU is still recruiting for 2011.
 6 years ago '05        #8258
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
teddy b better stop frucking around...aint no one gonna be sniffing him with seantrel protecting his blind side
 6 years ago '04        #8259
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
@ looking at lsu like they some offensive juggernaut

it's just lookin like he wants to take as many free trips as possible, get some party, f**k some college hos on recruiting trips and s**t hell i dont blame him
 6 years ago '04        #8260
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
have fun at LSU teddy, they'll turn you into the next jordan jefferson
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Blackberry Byke
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy