Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #8201
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
next week in primetime we gonna get our s**t pushed in again
 6 years ago '04        #8202
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
what a horrible game :applause:

but f**k it we won, take the conference W puts us atop the coastal (i think).

But this offense needs some work and fast. 28 points against Duke is just

And these penalties..............
 6 years ago '04        #8203
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
next week in primetime we gonna get our s**t pushed in again
dude i'm f**king scared. This is ridiculous with the way the offense is playing

After this game, UNC must be smiling right now I hope these n*ggas prove me otherwise cuz so far it's just.....junk
 6 years ago '06        #8204
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
kain was two star and hes our future middle linebacker

beast

* remembers on another site complaining about cain because of stars *

:rasta:
 6 years ago '04        #8205
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
What We Learned From Duke Game
Oct. 16, 2010

By: David Lake

Kelvin Cain
The Miami Hurricanes took care of Duke in a methodical 28-13 win Saturday afternoon.

The Duke game began Miami’s ACC schedule for their coastal division games as the Hurricanes still control their own destiny when it comes to earning a spot in the ACC Championship game.

Here is what we learned from Miami’s 28-13 win Saturday.

Kelvin Cain Brings More Athleticism To The Defense

True freshman linebacker Kelvin Cain received his first extended playing time at middle linebacker, replacing senior Colin McCarthy. Cain showed some physical ability against Duke, with the ability to run sideline-to-sideline and nice change of direction ability in pass coverage. Cain made his presence felt early in the game when he forced a fumble in the first half. In the second half, Cain had a sack and recovered one fumble. Look for Cain to receive more playing time as the season progresses and for him to become a better player for the Miami defense as he gets more playing time and better understands his a.ssignments. McCarthy might have lost his starting job with the way Cain played at Duke.

The Hurricanes Showed More Blitz Packages

Miami’s defense played with much more of an attacking style against Duke, blitzing from many different positions and angles. That added pressure produced big results for the Hurricanes, as Miami finished the game with five interceptions. Early in the second quarter, Miami had success with a zone blitz in which they sent Brandon Harris from his nickelback position and dropped defensive tackle Micanor Regis into coverage. Regis picked off a pass from Duke quarterback Sean Renfree and returned the interception 22 yards for a touchdown to push the score to 21-3. Miami’s defense controlled the game with the pressure they put on Duke’s quarterbacks and showed how effective an attacking style on defense can be when you let great athletes get after the quarterback.

Damien Berry Is Still The Best Offense

For all the throwing and pass attempts Miami likes to amass during the game, the most consistent offense continues to be the running game with Damien Berry. Each rushing attempt for Berry is run with great tenacity and effort and his running style wears down a defense during the course of a game. Berry has run for at least 100 yards in three straight games for the Hurricanes. Miami’s offense would be better served to keep pounding the run with Berry and their deep stable of running backs. Berry ran for 109 yards and one touchdown against Duke as the Hurricanes totaled 221 yards rushing as an offense. Miami quarterback Jacory Harris finished the game 17-of-34 for 234 yards and one touchdown.

Vaughn Telemaque Has Taken The Next Step

Telemaque has made three very nice interceptions in the last two games for the Hurricanes. Telemaque plays with an energy and excitement that the Hurricanes lack at times and when he makes those types of plays, it raises the level of everyone around him. Telemaque arrived at Miami in 2008 billed as a ball-hawking free safety and for the first time in his career, he is showing signs of that ability. Telemaque, who is solid in run support, is no longer a safety that quarterback will test in the passing game.

Starting Games Slow Is Still A Problem

Miami offense came out flat for the beginning of the Duke game and did not take a lead until the second quarter. UM running back Graig Cooper fumbled the opening kickoff, allowing Duke to take an early 3-0 lead. The UM offense looked lethargic on their first three possessions, dropping multiple passes, committing false start penalties, and not converting a fourth down-and-two. The UM offense started the game looking very uninspired and that play continued for the rest of the game. Miami can’t afford to start so slow against better ACC opponents in the coming weeks. Duke never took advantage of Miami’s flat start, but better teams will.
 6 years ago '04        #8206
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Canes Do Enough to Get By Duke, 28-13
Oct. 16, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Seantrel Henderson (77), Leonard Hankerson (85), and Jermaine Johnson (78).
The Miami Hurricanes defense forced seven turnovers against lowly Duke, which should have resulted in a blowout victory.

Instead, Miami defeated Duke, 28-13 as the Blue Devils kept the Hurricanes in check most of the afternoon.

Miami (4-2, 2-1) was looking for a bounce-back victory after a disappointing 45-17 home loss to Florida State last week, but did not dominate the game against Duke (1-5, 0-3) the way they needed to.

Vaughn Telemaque intercepted two passes and freshman Kelvin Cain, who started for Colin McCarthy, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble for the UM defense. Ryan Hill intercepted his third pass of the season tying Telemaque for the team-lead.

"I thought it was unbelievable the way they responded," coach Randy Shannon said on WQAM's post-game show. "I was really happy and pleased with the way the defense caused turnovers."

Micanor Regis, a defensive tackle, returned an interception 21 yards for a touchdown to give UM a 21-3 lead in the third quarter.

Duke recovered an onside kick with six minutes left in the game trailing 28-13 following a 43-yard field goal, but Cain recovered a fumble with 4:13 left as the Hurricanes ran out the clock.

Damien Berry rushed for 111 yards and a score on 25 carries. It was his third straight 100-yard game. Mike James added 84 yards on eight carries.

"It was great to see Damien to get those yards for us," Shannon said.

Jacory Harris completed 17-of-34 passes for 224 yards including a 14-yard touchdown pass to Leonard Hankerson, his seventh of the season. Harris also ran for a score.

"He did a nice job of not trying to force it," Shannon said. "He was even throwing the ball out of bounds a couple times."

Hankerson caught six passes for 80 yards to lead the receivers. His touchdown showed his athleticism as he flipped over the goal-line after leaping from the 4-yard line. Travis Benjamin had three receptions for 67 yards.

Miami out-gained Duke, 448-292 yards in total yards and each team had 22 first downs. Duke was plagued by seven turnovers, five on interceptions by Sean Renfree.

Miami started off lethargic once again beginning with Graig Cooper fumbling the opening kickoff. Duke led 3-0 at the end of the first quarter.

The Hurricanes will now look to halt a three-game losing streak to North Carolina with a home game on October 23.
 6 years ago '04        #8207
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
kain was two star and hes our future middle linebacker

beast

* remembers on another site complaining about cain because of stars *

:rasta:
Cain shows you that you don't need some "mythical" stars or ratings from a recruiting site to be a good player.

Remember good ole Arthur Brown 5 star best defensive player outta kansas in the last 20 years all american and he couldn't even crack 2nd team now he's back in bumf**k kansas in some JC tryin to get on a squad

Cain that's how it's done. n*gga did more in 1 game than Brown did in 2 years here
 6 years ago '05        #8208
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
 6 years ago '04        #8209
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 booker20 said:
no need to remind us.........we know. Our offense sucks a.ss

but you n*ggas were sweating like a muf**ka against BC

Ponder and Jacory were training together all summer long
 6 years ago '06        #8210
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
 booker20 said:
you almost lost to BC with a freshman QB

BC is a.ss

NC State and Maryland and North carolina gonna beat u ... ur f**ked

get out of here acting like u some powerhouse right now

Last edited by DEDOS; 10-16-2010 at 05:29 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #8211
space
space
Manny_Navarro

Northwestern WR Eli Rogers tells Canesport he's decommitted from #UM. less than 10 seconds ago via web

Manny_Navarro

Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater told me Wednesday he's still committed to UM, but is going to keep a close eye on them half a minute ago via web

Manny_Navarro

Teddy Bridgewater told me he's been disappointed with #Hurricanes offense this season, way Jacory is treated by fans less than a minute ago via web

* Retweet
 6 years ago '09        #8212
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
The ship is sinking

Just fire Shannon already
 6 years ago '04        #8213
space
space
#UM commit QB Teddy Bridgewater told me 2day #UM offense is "too predictable right now" and the #Canes should "open the playbook up more."

#UM commit QB Teddy Bridgewater told me 2day he plans 2 take official visits to 2 of these schools: Florida, Louisville, S. Florida, LSU

Miami Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater told me 2day of his #UM commitment: I’m still firm, but I’m open to whoever wants to recruit me."

Northwestern WR Eli Rogers to Canesport: "I told [#UM coaches] I just want to open back up my options and they said they're cool with it."
 6 years ago '05        #8214
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
Miami Northwestern High School WR Eli Rogers says he's no longer a Hurricane commitment.

"That happened last week," he said.

But he says he's still strongly considering UM. He'll be at the North Carolina game on Saturday as an invited recruit, and he also attended the opener and the Florida State game.

He says he simply wants to make sure he considers all his options.

"I'm open to any colleges that want to talk," he said. "Coaches know about (the decommitment). They said they can understand my reasoning and that they're still recruiting me and still see me the same. I told them I just want to open back up my options and they said they're cool with it."

He says the reason he decided to decommit is "just because of everything in total how the season's going."

When pressed, he said it was "in terms of how the offense is looking," adding that "I want to just check out some other schools."

He does say UM is still in consideration and that he thinks "they'll get back on track," but that he has no frontrunners now.

Asked if teammate and close friend Teddy Bridgewater remains a Cane commitment, Rogers said, "I'd rather not say. No comment."

Bridgewater didn't answer repeated phone calls or respond to a text message asking if he remains committed.

Rogers did say that, when he told Bridgewater he was decommitting, the quarterback "did not really" try to talk him out of it.

Bridgewater suffered an MCL sprain in his team's recent loss but Rogers said it's not considered serious. Rogers is coming off a sprained foot and expects to play this weekend.

6 years ago '05        #8215
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
not surprised by this and also with Bridgewater. especially with the way Jacory gets treated I said before that could hurt us.. oh well
 6 years ago '05        #8216
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,657 | Props total: 3755 3755
yall aint gotta worry bout either of those n*ggaz, they both Canes in the end.....
 6 years ago '05        #8217
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,657 | Props total: 3755 3755
 P. Dedos said:
you almost lost to BC with a freshman QB

BC is a.ss

NC State and Maryland and North carolina gonna beat u ... ur f**ked

get out of here acting like u some powerhouse right now
what does BC having a freshman qb have to do with anything? he didn't even move the ball

they had 3 field goals (2 on the first two drives after a 70 n 50 yard run) and Ponder threw 2 pick 6's....
 6 years ago '07        #8218
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
This could get ugly

Smh @ bridgewater getting scared of the pressure. This n*gga jacory makes horrid descisons at times if he cant see that we .need to peep other qbs real talk.

We need bruisers and n*ggas that dont give a f**k....i smh @ this team everyday.

My n*gga was on the UM sideline and said them boys said fsu was hitting to.hard
 6 years ago '04        #8219
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
this definitely hurts....

but to be honest, if these n*ggas are decommitting because of fan pressure and because of what is in the media, then they can go ahead and f**k off. Miami doesn't need kids like that acting like the world should be given to them. f**k that s**t. Jacory has played terrible this season and he deserves all the backlash (except the racist thing on twitter) that he has gotten as well as the whole offense (except hank and berry). This team GAVE UP against florida state it was disgusting So for this little f**got a.ss high school kid to come with all this "i don't like how fans are treating jacory" bulls**t he can go and rot in gainsville if he prefers
 6 years ago '04        #8220
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
CB Davis Ready to Be at UM
Oct. 17, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Jeremy Davis.
Jeremy Davis is getting impatient of not being at Miami.

Davis, who signed with Miami in February out of Cape Coral High, is currently at Milford Academy in New York to clear up some academic issues.

"It's going alright I guess," Davis said. "The biggest adjustment is the weather. The hardest part is being away from home, from family, and just everything overall."

Davis will play cornerback at Miami and has had a limited role at Milford as the coaches are working on getting other players more exposure.

"It's been a learning experience," Davis said.

Davis spoke with UM coaches Aubrey Hill and Jeff Stoutland last Monday.

"They asked me how I was doing, how was everything," Davis said. "They said they need me."

Davis has been watching UM this season. In the disappointing loss to Florida State, Davis said: "I felt like they were prepared and we weren't. We took them lightly. Why, I'm not really sure. I was disappointed, but next year is revenge."

UM is coming off a 28-13 win against Duke to improve to 4-2 on the season. Davis also watched that game.

"It was a pretty good game, but I just felt when we play teams like that, we should put up a lot more points than than we did," Davis said.

Davis says he will be done with Milford sometime in November and will be in Miami either later that month or in December.

He plans on getting ready for the spring track season as he looks to compete in the indoor 60-meter dash as well as the 100 and 200 in the outdoor season.

"Being here makes me impatient, I'm just ready to go to Miami," he said.

Davis is the younger brother of Phillip Buchanon, a former Hurricane All-American. The two spoke last week.

"He just told me to keep my head up and I'll be out of here in no time," Davis said.

He has been in touch with some of the current Hurricanes, but has not talked to them much recently because, "it made me want to be there even worse."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy