Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM         #801
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 5, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Allen Bailey bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Darien (GA) McIntosh County Academy linebacker Allen Bailey is a Hurricane.

He chose the Canes over Florida, with McIntosh County Academy coaches confirming the decision moments ago.

"He came in and told me the decision about an hour ago," McIntosh County Academy coach Robby Robinson said. "He said he really feels comfortable there. He called the Miami coaches, the Florida coaches and informed them. He told Miami he was ready to come and coach (Clint) Hurtt's first reaction was, `Don't play with me now.' He then immediately got coach Shannon (on the phone).

"He said with Randy Shannon promoted to head coach, that had a lot to do with it."

Bailey is a huge piece of this recruiting class.

And a big reason Bailey chose the Canes was Shannon, who recruited him hard.

"He's a cool person, seems real," Bailey said. "When he came to my house we didn't talk about football; he was telling my parents about him and his background and stuff like that."

As a junior Bailey had 121 tackles, five forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries and two sacks. He also played fullback and had four touchdowns.

This year Bailey only played in four games due to a stress fracture in his back. He had one sack.

"He's a great one, has great work habits that are second to none," McIntosh County Academy coach Robbie Robinson said. "He's just relentless."

Bailey has now recovered fully from his stress fracture and is looking forward to getting down to Coral Gables.

"Miami said they want me at middle linebacker," he said. "They told me there's a good chance for me to start because their linebackers are pretty small and they need big linebackers."

The 6-foot-4, 255-pounder says he tries to pattern his play after former Cane Ray Lewis.

"I think I adapt fast to different situations," he says. "My size is a big strength for me right now."

Bailey says, from what he's seen, he feels he can come in and make an immediate impact.

"They can use some help," he said. "They say they need me."

CaneSport recently reported on the unique island where Bailey was born and raised. For more on that story CLICK HERE
 10 years ago '06        #802
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
big pick up right there
hopefully we wrap it up with that DT from Hoover and DVD!!
 10 years ago '04        #803
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Alright now lets get that season started!!! ! Let's fu*king blow Oklahoma out of their own backyard and dem bi*ch n*ggas from FSU and about everybody we play next season!!!!! !and get dat National Championship. fu*k UF and all their sh*t, it's all bout this U
 10 years ago '04        #804
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Allen Bailey highlights...

he's a heat-seeking missile, look at how quickly he closes in on tackles...how he blows up the fullback and blockers...
 02-05-2007, 02:05 PM         #805
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Battle For Deonte -- Juicy New Developments Reply
The word is that this is now a Miami-FSU battle with Florida running third.

How bad does FSU want Deonte?

I heard that Jimbo Fisher got into a heated argument with Coach Snead at Glades Central because he felt that Snead was trying to push Deonte to Florida.

This one shoult stay pretty interesting
 10 years ago '04        #806
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
Allen Bailey highlights...

he's a heat-seeking missile, look at how quickly he closes in on tackles...how he blows up the fullback and blockers...
n*gga is a beast

I'll be damned if FSU pulls him out:finger:

But damn homeboy after watching that superbowl should just be like "fu*k it, i wanna go to this U"
 02-05-2007, 05:35 PM         #807
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
this weekend was all about the UUUUUUUUUU

michael irvin getting inducted into the HOF

hester returning the kick

reggie wayne catching the td pass

the UUUUUUUUUUUUU

continues trend*

[pic - click to view]

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.... *cough*

*runs out of breath*

:sick: :wow:

*takes a deep breath and continues*
[pic - click to view]

...UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 02-05-2007 at 05:37 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #808
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Chris Berman " And where is Devin Hester from?"

Michael Irvin with his voice "Da U"

homeboy Irvin makes it sound str8 up Miamish.
 10 years ago '04        #809
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
Check out Greg Olsen Dominate the Skills Challenge..Video at the bottom

02-06-2007, 02:15 AM         #810
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Greg Olsen=The next great.. Top 20 pick if a teams smart
 02-06-2007, 02:16 AM         #811
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 5, 2007

Tim Watts
BamaOnLine.com

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Tomorrow afternoon, Hoover standouts Kerry Murphy and Josh Chapman will make their college choices. Murphy, 6-foot-5, 330-pounds and a Rivals100 member, verbally committed to Alabama after his official visit but this past weekend visited Miami. Chapman on the other hand gave Auburn a verbal commitment in the summer but threw the Tide in the mix after his official visit to Tuscaloosa.

"I'm going to let everyone know where I'm going to college tomorrow at 1 PM. Me and Kerry are both going to announce at the same time. It's not a press conference or anything we are just going to let the media know. There won't be a crowd or anything," Chapman said. "For me it's Auburn or Alabama and for Kerry it's Alabama or Miami. I think we both know where we are going and tomorrow so will everyone else. I thought about my decision long and hard before I made the final one."

Both Chapman and Murphy were highly recruited and the future looks pretty bright for the Buccaneer duo.

"I know all the coaches here at Hoover are very proud of them. I know I am for the way they have handled this whole thing. Being a star at Hoover isn't the easiest thing in the world and they receive a lot of attention but they have handled it maturely," Hoover defensive line coach Chris Davis said. "They put a lot of thought into this and didn't just fly off the handle like they might have been tempted to do. That is all you can hope for, that they will do their best to find the school that fits you best and not look at the small stuff.

"Whichever school they choose will be getting two really great players. Kerry has unlimited potential and Josh has a great frame and is a hard worker. I expect both to do well in college."
 02-06-2007, 10:14 AM         #812
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 6, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Demarcus VanDyke bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Cane fans can breathe a sigh of relief.

That's right, Pace High School defensive back Demarcus VanDyke is on board with Miami.

"He told me this morning that it's Miami," coach Joe Zaccheo said. "He told Florida that, too. He told the coaches at Florida that he's coming to Miami. I got a call from the Florida coaches yesterday and that they said the mom told them he's going to Miami.

"He said he's pretty sure it's Miami. So that means it's Miami."

VanDyke committed to the Canes in June, then decommitted when coach Larry Coker was fired.

In December he committed to Florida, saying at the time, "From this day forth I consider myself a Florida Gator."

He promised a signing day shocker and that looks like it's turning out to mean he will be a Hurricane.

VanDyke finished his senior season with 56 tackles and seven interceptions (one returned for a touchdown). He also caught 21 passes for 417 yards.

As a junior he had 12 passes broken up, four interceptions and two kickoff returns for touchdowns. He played receiver sparingly that year and had eight receptions for 197 yards.

"He has the height that everyone's looking for along with the athleticism and speed," Zaccheo said. "He has the combination you rarely find, all the traits that lead to great corner -- height, speed, athleticism and toughness. I think he's one of the best we've produced. He reminds me of (former Cane) Mo Sikes' mentality but with more speed and bigger size. This kid's 6-1 and has the potential to get thick. He's still growing. He's quick and has a better understanding of football than a lot of the kids that have come out in recent years."
 10 years ago '04        #813
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
bout time DVD quit frontin and came home
 10 years ago '06        #814
space
space
space
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
GREAT NEWS!!
does this lock us up as the best class in the ACC this year!
I THINK SO:D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by FullTimeHustla; 02-06-2007 at 10:27 AM..
 02-06-2007, 12:01 PM         #815
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
MARK MY WORDS

dvd will be a cane

:rasta:
 02-06-2007, 01:27 PM         #816
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Murphy stays with Bama, god fu*king damn it. But we grabbed back DVD and im hoping we can get DT
 10 years ago '04        #817
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
It's over. My n*gga VanDyke coming to this U. Good for him. We should easily have the second best recruiting class in Florida and top 10 or 15 in the nation.
 10 years ago '06        #818
space
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
It's over. My n*gga VanDyke coming to this U. Good for him. We should easily have the second best recruiting class in Florida and top 10 or 15 in the nation.
and more importantly the best class in the ACC in my opinion, really remarkable what shannon has done in his first year recruiting as head coach:applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #819
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
RECRUITING ROUNDUP
LB Bailey picks Miami; LB Hicks decides to play for Florida
By MANNY NAVARRO

With less than 24 hours before national signing day, the University of Miami's recruiting class is quickly climbing up the charts of experts and becoming one of the country's best.

On Monday, coach Randy Shannon received a commitment from big Georgia linebacker Allen Bailey, who shunned national champion Florida to become the second blue-chip recruit to pick UM in less than a week.

Bailey, a 6-3, 265-pound U.S. Army All-American middle linebacker, is rated the second-best inside linebacker in the country according to Tom Lemming and the 95th-best player in the nation according to Rivals.com, which moved UM up from No. 23 nationally to 19th after Bailey committed Monday.

Bailey only played in three games as a senior at McIntosh County Academy after suffering a stress fracture in his back. But as a junior he had 121 tackles, five forced fumbles and fumble recoveries and two sacks. He also played fullback.

Several experts project Bailey, who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.75 seconds, to eventually move to defensive end. But his high school coach said UM coaches recruited Bailey, who benches 370 pounds, squats 555 pounds, and power cleans 450 pounds, because Shannon told him he was ``looking for a big, strong middle linebacker.''

Bailey's commitment gives Miami 17 heading into Wednesday. Bailey is the only linebacker in the projected class, a position UM sorely needs help at. UM lost out on Jacksonville's Brandon Hicks, who recently chose Florida over Miami.

UM also according to rivals.com nabbed 6-5, 290-pound Tyler Horn on Sunday, the third offensive lineman in the class.

-- PETE PELEGRIN
 10 years ago '04        #820
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
if d. thompson commits, than we definately top 15
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago