Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
we will end up probally at around 9-3 and coker will be fired...and i think our next loss comes from GT.
 09-23-2006, 12:31 PM         #62
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 23, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Related Links:
Doug Wiggins bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
North Miami Beach High School athlete Doug Wiggins is playing both ways this year, as a quarterback and free safety.

He projects as a receiver or cornerback at the next level.

"They're keeping the ball away from me this year (on defense)," said Wiggins, who is looking for his first interception of the season.

Wiggins says he's getting regular weekly phone calls from "around 14 or 15 schools. Mostly they leave messages. I'll be asleep, studying and not around my phone."

Miami is among the schools calling.

"I last spoke to (Randy) Shannon before the Louisville game," Wiggins said. "He talked about where he sees me playing in the defense, how they were going to bounce back and get things going.

"It's always interesting talking to coaches because I find out more about programs, some tell me their game plans, what they want to come out and do, that they see me doing certain things in their program."

Wiggins says UM is recruiting him as a cornerback while other programs are recruiting him as an athlete.

He lists a Miami scholarship offer.

"I can play offense, defense, special teams," he says. "Miami hasn't talked to me about playing offense, but they said there's a need for me on special teams also."

Of UM's slow start this season, Wiggins says, "It doesn't play a big role in my recruitment. It's just another game they played their best and came out on the losing end."

He lists a top six of Miami, Michigan, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Louisville and West Virginia.

"Everybody's pretty even right now," he said. "I'll take my visits. I don't know when I'm going to go anywhere yet, though."

Time is running out.

Wiggins is set to graduate early and will announce a decision by the end of December.

"I don't know how I'll fit in the visits," he said. "That's up to my coaching staff."

Wiggins says he may take the Miami visit as an unofficial "since it's down here." He says that way he can also see five other schools.

* Wiggins' best game this season was against Miami Norland two weeks ago when he had 100 yards rushing and a touchdown, threw a touchdown, and had six tackles on defense. His team won, 26-12.

He has six touchdown passes through three games this season.
 09-23-2006, 12:32 PM         #63
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 23, 2006

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Cane Sports Talk
The University of Miami baseball recruiting class has been ranked second in the nation, it was announced by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper on Friday. Only South Carolina's recruiting class was rated higher by the publication, whose staff compiled the rankings.

"I feel very good about our recruiting, needless to say," head coach Jim Morris said. "I'm very happy with what we've done in recruiting, especially the efforts of (recruiting coordinator) Gino DiMare.

"We feel like this may be our best recruiting class ever. Time will tell if it is the best."

Seven teams on Miami's 2007 schedule appear on the list, including Florida (third), North Carolina (sixth), Florida State (13th), Georgia Tech (14th), Clemson (16th), UCLA (18th) and North Carolina State (26th).

The entire list can be viewed on "Collegiate Baseball" Newspaper's web site .

Miami begins fall practice on Nov. 2.
 10 years ago '05        #64
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 RakimAllahNY said:
05 wasnt like we were in title contention and LSU was a better team in 04 n 03 yes. They arent but I said imo we have an easy enough schedule outside of VT that if we make it to the title game anything can happen. So people that say this year is over are dumb. Kinda like how FSU made it with 9-3 or whatever vs PSU
Better team, yes. Better team by as much as the game indicated, no. The bottom line is that Miami hasn't gotten it done down the stretch over the last few years. It isn't a knock, it's just an observation.

As far as their season being done, I agree it's not. Ever since FSU went to the BCS after losing 4 games [5 total after the BCS] anything can happen.
 09-23-2006, 02:05 PM         #65
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty much and if we can into a BCS game like FSU did against a big team (PSU,WVU,OSU whoever) and win its like the year wasnt a waste. Im just not in nuke the season mode
 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM         #66
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 25, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Demarcus Vandyke bioVideo highlights

Monsignor Pace High School athlete DeMarcus Vandyke has gone back and forth recently about the strength of his University of Miami commitment.

He clarified for CaneSport why there has been some confusion over his status.

"If the coaches are there next year, it's 100 percent a done deal," he said.

Vandyke says he's likely going to take other visits in case there is a staff shakeup.

"I might take visits to Florida and Ohio State along with Miami," Vandyke says.

Florida has been all over Vandyke.

He says coaches there send him text messages every day and call him regularly.

"I told Miami coaches I'm taking the visits," Vandyke said. "They're not worried because I'm not decommitted. I just want to see what's out there."

He has yet to set up definitive visit dates.

The Canes are showing Vandyke just how interested they are in keeping him on board, sending out three coaches to his game last week against Miami Edison.

"Coach (Marques) Mosely, (Randy) Shannon and (Tim) Walton were there," Vandyke said. "They had told me they were coming earlier that day. We won, 14-9. I had three tackles and one catch for 14 yards."

Vandyke said the coaches told him they were all coming to see him because "They wanted to (evaluate) me on offense and defense. If they need me on offense I'll play there, or on defense."

Vandyke called Walton two days after the game.

"He said `Good game,' that I kept my composure real well," Vandyke said.
 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM         #67
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 25, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Phelon Jones bioVideo highlights

Mobile (AL) McGill-Toolen High School CB and Cane commitment Phelon Jones had a UM coach watching on from the sidelines at his last game.

Defensive backs coach Tim Walton made the trip to Alabama to watch a 21-7 win in which Jones didn't get a chance to make much of an impact.

"We didn't need me much on offense, and no one wants to throw it to my side on defense," Jones said.

Jones' team now has a 3-1 record.

Jones says he hasn't set up his UM visit date yet and that he "doesn't plan on visiting anywhere else."

"I get letters from other teams but don't talk to any other coaches," he says.

Jones talks with Walton on a weekly basis.

"He just sees how I'm doing, asks how I'm doing in school," Jones said. "He's a good coach, a good person, too. If you have anything to talk to him about, you can talk to him. That's what you need in a coach."

Jones's take on UM's 1-2 start?

"They're doing well, but they've been having some setbacks that are keeping them from winning," Jones said.
 09-26-2006, 03:19 PM         #68
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 24, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Related Links:
Darran Kinsey bioVideo highlights

Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep High School LB Darran Kinsey says he's hoping for a Hurricane offer.

"Right now it's a lot of Big 10 schools that have offered me," Kinsey said. "Everybody wants to stay home close to their family to play ball, so that's why Miami's one of my favorites.

"Miami offered me when (Art) Kehoe was there, but hasn't offered with all the new coaches yet."

Kinsey attended the UM-FSU game and spoke with coaches Marquis Mosely and Mario Cristobal while there.

"They just told me to keep up the good work and don't forget about UM," Kinsey said.

Kinsey says he's getting regular recruiting calls from 15 different programs and lists 10 offers.

He plans to announce a final decision after he takes his visits. He's set up one so far, Dec. 1 to Minnesota.

He says what he is looking for in a college program is "the tradition."

He also says UM's 1-2 start won't have an effect on him.

"This is your hometown," he said. "Everyone wants to play in front of their moms and dads. Miami will never have a losing season, so you never worry about it."

Kinsey says he will attend the UM-Virginia Tech game as a recruit.

* So far this season, through four games, Kinsey has 50 tackles, an interception, forced fumble and fumble recovery.
 09-26-2006, 03:27 PM         #69
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 26, 2006

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

El Camino (Calif.) Junior College WR and Cane commitment Kayne Farquharson has helped his team to a 3-1 record so far.

In a 42-39 loss in triple overtime on Saturday he had four receptions for 84 yards. He had a 16-yard touchdown catch-and-run called back because of illegal blocking.

He's staying in regular touch with Cane coaches and remains a solid commitment.

"I talked to coach (Marques) Mosely on Friday," Farquharson said. "We were just talking, having a regular conversation. We did talk about my official visit. It's set for Oct. 7 for the North Carolina game."

Farquharson is on track to arrive at Miami in January.

He says his expectations for himself at UM are that "I'm coming in to be an impact player. Period. I don't expect to redshirt. I do expect to compete. They haven't said anything about if I'll redshirt or not."

Farquharson didn't rule out taking other visits but says, "As of right now I'll just visit Miami."

He says Oregon State, Colorado and Cal continue to call him regularly.

"They said I have a home there if I ever change my mind, if something happens with UM," Farquharson said. "They tell me how their season is going and stuff."
 09-26-2006, 05:29 PM         #70
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAOOOO at him thinking he wont be redshirted
 09-26-2006, 06:26 PM         #71
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Take the redshirt off of Matt Bosher. Peattie sucks.
 09-26-2006, 07:05 PM         #72
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:

He might not, outside of Shields none of the wideouts we have now are ded to be doing anything here next year. There all playin like a.ss

Hurricane James and Shields are the future with the young kids were brining

10 years ago '04        #73
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
Trust me he wont....Kid is that damn good.

Last year was his first year playing organized football for his JUCO....and this spring he ripped through the Southern Cal and Cal Secondary's in 7 on 7's....they said dude was uncoverable
 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM         #74
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 26, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
After this afternoon's practice, coach Larry Coker said Darnell Jenkins will "take some time" coming off a torn PCL.

Darnell Jenkins is expected to miss this weekend's game with a knee injury
Coker said the injury won't require surgery, but he also said that Jenkins is doubtful for this weekend's game against Houston. Coker hopes he'll be back for the North Carolina game.

Still, Jenkins' expected absence this Saturday means that true freshman Sam Shields is expected to get his first career start.

"That means I have to step up and make plays," Shields said. "I have to go out there, stay mentally tough, don't make a lot of mistakes. I just have to go play my ball. I have to line up right, get the depth of the routes and know the routes.

"Like I said when I first came here, I always said I would start. Now the time is here and I have to try and step up and keep that starting position."

* With starting H-back Chris Zellner out with an ankle injury, Coker said Dedrick Epps has been elevated at H-back. He is working there along with fullback Jerrell Mabry. And DajLeon Farr is also working with the first team at tight end when Greg Olsen moves to H-back.

Offensive coordinator Rich Olson told CaneSport today that he expects Olsen to move back and forth between H-back and tight end.

"I'm going with the first team when we go deuce with two tight ends," Farr said.
Coker said he "hopes" Zellner will be back for the North Carolina game.
 09-26-2006, 07:28 PM         #75
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

looks like DVD wont be going to miami next year....

the chances that there wont be a coaching shake up will be very slim

:( :(
 10 years ago '04        #76
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
well im willing to lose DVD to get rid of Coker. he's an hell of an player but with the current staff in place we wont get many more of those type of players.
 10 years ago '05        #77
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 P DEDOS 954 said:
dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

looks like DVD wont be going to miami next year....

the chances that there wont be a coaching shake up will be very slim

:( :(
If you are referring to his interest in Ohio State, dont worry. If Ohio State had originally wanted him he'd probably be a Buckeye right now, and with the current class, and leaning prospects, there probably isn't going to be room for him in Columbus.
 09-26-2006, 07:55 PM         #78
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
If you are referring to his interest in Ohio State, dont worry. If Ohio State had originally wanted him he'd probably be a Buckeye right now, and with the current class, and leaning prospects, there probably isn't going to be room for him in Columbus.
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
 10 years ago '04        #79
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
No he wouldnt have.....

it was either Us or Florida for DVD and that who it will be
 10 years ago '05        #80
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
No he wouldnt have.....

it was either Us or Florida for DVD and that who it will be
Actually he was VERY interested in the Buckeyes, but they never put a full press on him due to having higher people on the board.

He has already expressed interest in coming to see Columbus recently, but as I said before, it probably wont happen and that is because of interest on OUR side.

Believe what you want, but my sources have rarely led me astray before.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago