Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #7861
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Coming Soon! Anderson's Much Anticipated Arrival Nears
Aug. 23, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Latwan Anderson (Photo courtesy: Tim Casey)
Finally.

All-American star recruit Latwan Anderson will be making his way to Coral Gables.

Anderson, who signed with Miami on a track scholarship, will be departing Cleveland Hopkins International Airport at 9 a.m. on Tuesday and will be in Coral Gables later in the afternoon.

His arrival was delayed due to the NCAA taking a thorough look at his transcripts as he attended “four or five” schools.

“I have a whole lot of excitement,” Anderson told InsideTheU.com Monday evening. “I was really frustrated for a while, but that’s all out the window, all the nervousness is out the window. I’m really just ready to get there and the season is starting in a couple of days, hopefully I can be returning some kicks or something.”

Anderson says he was not worried that he would not end up at UM due to the NCAA’s findings.

“No because my grades were always good,” Anderson said. “I just went to so many different schools. They just wanted to make sure everything was the way that it was supposed to be. My freshman year was just such a crazy situation, it was something they had not seen before, it’s just so hard to explain.”

Anderson, a 5-11 defensive back, had an outstanding senior season at Cleveland (Ohio) Glenville, in which he had 14 interceptions. He originally committed to West Virginia, before opting for signing a track letter of intent in March with UM because at the time, they were full on football scholarships.

Miami is currently at 84 scholarships, one under the allowed 85 limit as Gavin Hardin and Stephen Plein were informed they would be receiving medical hardship scholarships, which do not count towards the 85 limit, and head coach Randy Shannon dismissed Thearon Collier and Steven Wesley in July.

Anderson’s scholarship would automatically switch to a football one if he steps foot in a game due to NCAA rules.

He says he is not allowed to talk to the UM football coaches since he is a track athlete and is unsure when he will begin practicing with the team, which is off Tuesday, and resumes action Wednesday.

“I have no idea at all (when I’ll begin football),” Anderson said. “My track coaches have a real good relationship with the football coaches so I’m guessing that Coach (Amy) Deem will let me know when I’m allowed to do that. Basically whenever I’m allowed to go to football practice I will to let them know I’m ready to walk-on.”

When Anderson arrives, he will be busy with a track meeting as well as moving in, taking a physical, and other paperwork.

With football, he’s unsure what position he will play.

“I have no idea. I have heard corner, receiver, returner, I have heard all types of things so I’m not really sure,” Anderson said. “I prefer defense, besides that, it really doesn’t matter, anything I can do to help the team.”

Having missed three weeks of fall camp including all three scrimmages could hurt Anderson’s ability to see the field this season, but he remains positive he can make an impact.

“I think it will hurt a little bit, but I feel like I’m such a good athlete that if they give me a chance at least returning kicks, I can jump right in,” Anderson said. “Anything other than that, it will take a while to learn.”

During the summer, he’s been concentrating on working out and lifting, which was caused him to put on 10 pounds to 165 after dropping down to 155 from 185 in the spring due to track and an illness. In addition to working out, Anderson has been busy instructing youth players ages 6-15 at least three days a week.

“I’m kind of getting it back right now,” Anderson said. “I’m not really worried about (the weight) because I know they have things that will help me get my weight right as far as weight programs and diets.”

Although he’s unsure of the details of his football career at Miami, he does know he will be moving in with fellow All-American recruit Seantrel Henderson. The two both played in the U.S. Army All-American game together in San Antonio in January.

“We’re real good friends,” Anderson said. “We knew each other kind of well. We talked a little bit once he got the release from USC, we got even closer than we already were.”

While in San Antonio, Anderson said he joked with Henderson and shared stories.

“He’s probably one of the best lineman that I’ve ever seen,” Anderson said. “I’ve seen a lot of linemen that are big, but all they really do is lay on people. With him, he pushes people around. With his body size, he uses a lot of technique, and his feet were good.”

Anderson last spoke with Henderson two days ago and has been in touch with other guys on the team.
“They have been encouraging me, keeping my head up, and letting me that Miami is a good place and they’ll get everything right,” Anderson said.

Henderson also had a different path to UM as he signed a letter of intent with USC, which he was eventually granted a release from after they went on probation.

The two high school stars will be linked together throughout their UM careers.

“I kind of see it as everything happens for a reason,” Anderson said. “Maybe this reason is that, I don’t know, maybe we can help the program get back to where it used to be.”

If Anderson adjusts quickly to the speed of the college game, there's no reason to think he can't make an impact on special teams at the least, especially considering Miami lacks a big-time playmaker at that position.

Regardless of when Anderson sees the field, look for big things out of this future star in the making.
 6 years ago '07        #7862
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
:dancingcool:

6 years ago '05        #7863
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
supposedly latwans arrival mighta been delayed cuz his parents couldnt afford to fly him down...so im a.ssuming thats not the case ne more
 6 years ago '05        #7864
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

The biggest shock that East Texan Jordan ``Chase'' Ford has encountered in his two months in Miami did not come from a linebacker sending him sprawling or a safety slamming him silly.
No, the biggest shock was even more rattling than that.
``Me and my mom and my grandparents went to South Beach for a little bit when I came here to report in late June,'' Ford said in his thick Texas drawl. ``Honestly, the strangest thing I've seen was a man sleeping underneath a tree and he didn't have nothin' on but one of them little, tight bathing suits.
``Wooooh! I ain't never seen nothing like that.''
And likewise, it's becoming more evident by the day that University of Miami football coaches have not seen anyone like tight end Ford around these parts in some time.
The refreshingly different Ford, 20, is a polite, unassuming young man who just happens to attract footballs like a 6-6,255-pound magnet -- or so they say.
The Hurricanes' fall camp has been mostly off limits for media-viewing, but this Kilgore (Texas) Junior College transfer is regularly being compared to former UM great Jeremy Shockey, who had striking similarities when he transferred from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College.
``He reminds me a lot of Shockey,'' coach Randy Shannon said. ``One of my buddies in Texas called me and told me about Chase. When you have a guy that has been the MVP of the Texas league who plays tight end, that sure tells you a lot about him. We knew about his athletic ability, we knew about his toughness, but the mental part of it -- he came out and learned it. We're sure excited about him.''
So excited that Ford has all but officially earned a spot as one of two newcomers who will join senior tight end Richard Gordon in an offense that will utilize up to three tight ends weekly.
``I guess you can say Richard took me under his wing,'' Ford said of Gordon, who has four catches in his career. ``He's a great guy to hang out with. The way we see it, I can be the man who catches the passes and he can be the man who does his own blocking -- like a team.''
COMPARISON AN HONOR
Ford has never met Shockey, but said he feels ``blessed'' to be compared.
Shockey and Ford played in the Southwest Junior College Conference. In 1999, Shockey earned first-team conference honors with 33 catches for 484 yards and seven touchdowns. In 2009, Ford caught 34 passes for 571 yards and three touchdowns to earn Most Valuable Player.
Shockey was listed as 6-5, 236 pounds when he reported to UM in August 2000. Ford reported at ``about 245,'' but has been eating everything he can get his hands on in the UM cafeteria, and painstakingly working out to improve his strength, and ultimately, blocking ability.
``When I graduated high school I was about 205,'' Ford said. ``They said my body would start growing soon enough.''
And Shockey and Ford were relative unknowns on the national scene in high school: Shockey, out of Ada, Okla. (population about 16,000); and Ford, out of Corrigan, Texas (population just under 1,700).
``Corrigan is a little-bitty town,'' said Ford, a psychology major. ``It's not really country, like if all you saw were cattle, because in town you've got houses just like any other inner city. We have one stoplight and two local Mexican restaurants and a Sonic and Texas Burger.''
Like Shockey, Ford was a full qualifier out of high school, but went to junior college to improve his game and get exposure. He said he was offered scholarships only from Football Championship Subdivision Stephen F. Austin and Northwestern State.
``He has a knack for getting open and can really catch the ball,'' UM tight ends coach Joe Pannunzio said. ``It looks like he has put himself in the position to be a very big part -- an integral part -- of our team at tight end.''
Ford's birth father has not seen him since he was 2, he said, and is not part of his life. The man he calls his father, Kris Moore, married his mom, Charity Moore, when Chase was 5. Kris is a locomotive engineer for the MC&SA Railroad -- the oldest (1898) short-line railroad in Texas. He delivers plywood processed by the town's mill, then drives it to the main railroad for bigger engines to deliver the wood to Houston.
``He's pretty laid back,'' Kris said of his son. ``He always loved to play ball, was always outside throwing the ball against the roof, kicking the football in front of the house, playing basketball by himself. He was a way better baseball and basketball player in high school than football. But football is king around here.''
`FOCUS ON FOOTBALL'
A former All-State basketball player, Ford has no intention of even trying to play basketball at UM. He also was part of the 1,600-meter Texas state championship relay team in track his senior season.
``I want to focus on football,'' he said. ``My goal this year is to develop as a player and help my team win it all. I love the fact that it's a family here, from the coaches to the players to the managers and trainers.
``I know I made the right decision to come here. This was the best place to give me the best shot to win it all.''
Ford has two brothers -- Kade, 14, and 11-year-old Peyton -- and wears jersey No. 9 because it's his mom's favorite number.
Charity, the former director of imaging for a Polk County hospital, calls him her miracle child. At the end of his freshman year in high school, Ford developed an internal staph infection that kept him in the hospital for a month and required two-and-a-half months of intravenous antibiotics.
``I keep telling him to contribute all your blessings to the Lord,'' his mom said, ``because he is the only reason you are where you are. Chase never got in trouble, always makes good grades and has always been the apple of everybody's eyes.
``I had him when I was 19 and he has been a joy since he got here.''

Read more:
 6 years ago '05        #7865
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

gotdamn remember this s**t like it was yesterday, we were so stacked but still young and inexperienced (hence the penn state loss , the let down at east carolina, the seminoles even tho we kept it close, and the vatech shellacking)

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-24-2010 at 07:42 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #7866
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #7867
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ne body know or hear of a rumor that storm johnson wants to transfer
 6 years ago '07        #7868
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
da f**k????

why??
 6 years ago '05        #7869
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
da f**k????

why??
not sure if it was just some scout poster making s**t up

but according to the heralds report today, shannon announced that berry, james and miller will be the rb rotation leaving out storm to redshirt

[edit] suggesting that dude will not want to redshirt, knowing he can start at ne other school if he transfers

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-25-2010 at 05:11 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #7870
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
 Deeangoe said:
not sure if it was just some scout poster making s**t up

but according to the heralds report today, shannon announced that berry, james and miller will be the rb rotation leaving out storm to redshirt

that dude will not want to redshirt, knowing he can start at ne other school if he transfers
he would have to sit out a whole season anyways if he does that

From everything i heard come out of Storms Mouth he sounds like a team first and bleeds hurricane colors so it would be suprise me
 6 years ago '07        #7871
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
storm gonna return kicks or something

that talent cant be huggin the bench
 6 years ago '05        #7872
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3801 3801
thought yall would like this site if you aint already know

s**t is for every school in Florida.....you can watch recruits highlights.....just take out the 'Lakewood' and put whatever school in like 'MiamiNorthwestern' or 'Lincoln' .......gotta have the first letter's capitalized though
 6 years ago '04        #7873
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
storm should be getting more carries than slow-ass mike james, dude has no explosion, but is one of those guys shannon likes because he plays with heart
 6 years ago '04        #7874
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
bottom line is....we got 3 back rotation, all of which bring different skill sets. Storm is just gonna have to wait his turn like everybody else before him.

and the transfer s**t was bulls**t.
 6 years ago '07        #7875
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
james i think will be moving back to fb next yr i think

he remind me of tyrone moss

damn i drop tears everytime i say that name, he coulda been a monster
 08-26-2010, 02:49 PM         #7876
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami's Preparation has Begun for the Buckeyes

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The 13th-ranked Miami Hurricanes don't face No. 2 Ohio State until the second week of the season, but the Hurricanes have already begun preparations for the Buckeyes.

Beginning with Wednesday's practice, Miami's scout team defense is wearing jerseys to emulate Ohio State's starting defense as opposed to Florida A&M, whom they face in the opener.

Miami freshman Tyrone Cornileus is wearing the number 51 jersey of Ross Homan, the Buckeyes leading tackler last season. C.J. Holton is wearing No. 6 for Etienne Sabino and Sean Goldstein is wearing No. 36 for Brian Rolle to mimic the Buckeyes other two starting linebackers.

In the secondary, Jamal Reid is wearing No. 7 for Jermale Hines, Corey Nelms and Devont'a Davis are both wearing the No. 5 for Chekwa Chimdi, and Nathan Gholston is wearing No. 10 for Corey Brown, although the Corey Brown on defense actually wears No. 3 while the Corey Brown on offense, nicknamed Philly by his teammates, wears No. 10.

On the defensive line, Luther Robinson and Jeffrey Brown are both wearing No. 72 for Dexter Larimore. Kevin Nelson, a linebacker, is wearing No. 43 Nathan Williams, a defensive end.

Miami travels to Columbus for a September 11 showdown in the first meeting between the two schools since Ohio State defeated Miami in the 2002 national championship.

The Hurricanes open with a home game against Florida A&M, formerly known school. Miami defeated Florida A&M, 48-16 last season and has not lost to the Rattlers since 1979, a span of seven games.

The Miami scout team offense were all in their regular jerseys.

Miami is off the next two days before resuming practice Sunday morning.
 6 years ago '05        #7877
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
cj holton still on the scout team :budden:
 6 years ago '04        #7878
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Deeangoe said:
cj holton still on the scout team :budden:
too slow for a miami safety but to small for LB.
 6 years ago '05        #7879
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3801 3801
Holton stupid b**ch
 6 years ago '07        #7880
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
hitstick holton better be getting a good degree

hes f**ked
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy