Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-09-2010, 11:04 AM         #7781
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Five-Star 'Loved' Miami Visit

Miami hosted Dallas Skyline five-star linebacker prospect Anthony Wallace this past weekend. Wallace, one of the top linebacker prospects in the country, holds an offer list that resembles the AP Top-20, including Texas, Oklahoma, USC, and several other top BCS programs. How did Wallace rate his visit to see the Hurricanes? Bill Greene spoke to him and filed this report.

Five-star linebacker Anthony Wallace took an unofficial visit to Miami this weekend, and one of the nation's top prospects was certainly impressed with what he saw.
"This was a great visit, and I loved everything about Miami," Wallace stated Sunday evening. "I did not commit to Miami and I need to go home and talk to my family. I'm still undecided about my college choice."

"Miami moved way up for me on this visit," he continued. "The only thing that would be considered a negative might be the distance, but I'm not sure it is a negative after being here two days. I basically love everything about the Miami program."

Wallace, 6-foot-2, 225-pounds, has offers from Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Florida, LSU, and others. He discussed why he was so impressed with the Hurricane program.

"I've visited Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Kansas, Arkansas and a few other schools," he reported. "I'm in no hurry to get my recruitment over with, and I probably won't be deciding until my season is over. I will be taking all five visits in the fall, and Miami will definitely be one of them."

"It was great being at practice and being around the coaches and players," he continued. "The players competed so hard, and that is important to me. I loved the atmosphere of this program, and this coaching staff might be the best I've been around, in my opinion. Miami is definitely in my top two right now, along with Oklahoma."

As a junior in 2009, Wallace helped lead Skyline to the State Semi-Finals and earned All-District honors while racking up 90 tackles. Scout.com will continue to update the Wallace recruitment through National Signing Day.
 08-09-2010, 11:08 AM         #7782
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Battle for Benjamin Heats Up
There is nothing like a little in-state rivalry to turn up the intensity on one of the more prized recruits in the Sunshine State. While it seems Florida State was the last of the Big Three to really press for Glades Central wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin , their increased focus on the 6-foot-6 athlete has gotten the attention of Florida and Miami.
Last month Benjamin showed off his talents to the Seminole coaching staff at the FSU 7-on-7. His performance that day was all the FSU staff had to see to “step up their recruiting” of Benjamin.

“They really wanted to see me play,” said Benjamin. “So after they seen me, I showed out up there, so they say they are going to step up their recruiting now. They’ll be out to the school a lot more and stuff like that.

“I talk to Jimbo (Fisher), mostly with Jimbo, and then the receivers coach, the one that played for Florida State.”

Benjamin went on to discuss his conversations with Coach Fisher.

“He was just asking me ‘do we have a chance with Florida up there, do we have a chance’ to get me. He said it would be a good fit for me to come to Florida State, and there are a lot of playmakers at Florida State on the offense.”

The news of the Seminoles recent push for Benjamin trickled down to Gainesville. The trip to Tallahassee came up the last time Benjamin spoke with Gator head coach Urban Meyer.

“I talked to him like three days ago,” said Benjamin of his last talk with Coach Meyer. “He heard about this little Florida State thing, and my family went with me when we went up there. They (Florida coaches) haven’t got to meet my family, so he was saying we got to get my family up to Florida to get a feel of everything and stuff like that.”

Miami has been in contact with Benjamin recently as well and already has him penciled in to make an unofficial visit to the Florida A&M game September 2.

“I talked to Coach (Aubrey) Hill like a few days ago, he said the same old same old,” explained Benjamin. “He just said come up to the FAMU game, so I’m going to go up there to see how they run their offense.”

Unofficial visits look to be the only thing Florida State, Florida, and Miami can expect from Benjamin this year. His plan as of now is to take all of his official visits to out of state schools.

“I fixing to set one up with West Virginia coming up, so West Virginia will be the first one I take. Then, I’ll take one to Michigan, the (USC) Trojans, Oregon and probably Marshall.”

Benjamin has expressed to SoFLAfootball multiple times over the past couple months that the Florida Gators do in fact lead for his services. Despite the out of state official visits, the increased effort by Florida State, and planning to see Miami’s first game of the season in person, Benjamin still gives the slightest edge to the Gators.

“It’s kind of the same thing, I just feel Florida is the same. I’m still kind of neutral. When I went up there (UF), I liked how they showed me how they would use me in their offense.”

Monday, the first day Florida high schools can practice, Benjamin and his Raider teammates kickoff the season. Benjamin feels the summer workouts and amount of playmakers on the team should make for an easy transition into fall practices.

“We played in a lot of 7-on-7 tournaments so that was kind of good to get the feel of the team. Our team is kind of young, but there are a lot of playmakers on the team. Our D is getting coached up so I think they will step up.”

The Raiders open the season battling Texas powerhouse Dallas Skyline. Benjamin admits to knowing little about Skyline, but understands he and his teammates must be ready to compete.

“I don’t really know that much about them, but I listen around, I hear about them being good. No matter how good they are, we just got to come out and f!ght.”

Glades Central will play Skyline at Municipal Stadium in Daytona Beach Saturday August 28 with kickoff set for noon.
 6 years ago '04        #7783
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Practice Report: 8/9
Aug. 9, 2010

By: David Lake

Adewale Ojomo
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami wrapped up their first practice in pads on Monday.

The highlight of the practice was a goal-line drill in which the offense had one play to score a touchdown.

“We put them in some tough situations on 3rd-and-1 and both sides of the ball competed well. It was about seven or eight plays and there was a real solid performance by both sides of the football. We said whoever wins has one gasser and whoever loses has got two gassers. There is a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of competition.”

Read on for more news and notes from Monday’s practice.

OPENING STATEMENT

“In the first day in pads there is always excitement. When it’s the first day in pads, you get excited about playing the game because guys want to hit guys. When it is time to make contact, we tell them to go full speed and they do it. They executed and everything goes at that time.”

NEWS & NOTES

• The offensive line has three starters returning, but Joel Figueroa and Orlando Franklin are making the move from guard to tackle. Shannon says the jelling between the offensive linemen will take time. “It is going to take time,” Shannon said. “We have been throwing a lot of different formations at then from the defense and a lot of different fronts, so they are seeing it now and we have three scrimmages to go and by then they should be good to go.”

• The offensive line is one of the biggest Miami has had recently, with three of starters in Brandon Washington, Joel Figueroa, and Orlando Franklin all at least 315 pounds. But Shannon says just because the linemen are big, doesn’t mean they aren’t athletic. “They are very athletic. We are more athletic than we have been with our size. All of our guys have played offensive tackle or tight end in high school, so when you bring those guys in you get athletic really quick. If you recruit a guard to play guard, there is only one position he can play if he doesn‘t work out.”

• OL Joel Figueroa has adapted well to the move from guard to tackle, Shannon says. “He is doing well. Joel played offensive tackle in high school and once it is in you, its in you.”

• DE Adewale Ojomo is still impressing coach Shannon with the competitive spirit he brings to practice.: “He is doing a great job. He has got great hand placement and he is doing a great job pass rushing. He is still fiery and very competitive and enthusiastic.”

• Freshman TE Clive Walford was offered by Miami after his performance in the spring game, before he had played a down of high school football. “What we do is in the spring we watch the film and tape and you watch the tape to see the competition. He was playing some good competition in that game and he was big and fast. He was like a Winslow was. He was a big guy who could play receiver and he fit in the mold of what we want to do.”

• RB Graig Cooper did not participate in the contact drills today. “He did a lot of work on the side with cutting and he is banging on the sled and we are hitting him with the dummies a little bit to give him a little contact. After a week goes by we might give him a little contact with inside-run drills and then maybe some 7-on-7 drills.”

• OL Jared Wheeler has lost about 20 pounds since he arrived at UM as freshman last year. Wheeler has been impressing the coaching staff with his play this camp and he is pushing for a spot in the regular playing rotation at guard.

• DBs Cory Nelms and Jared Campbell each had interceptions in 7-on-7 drills.

• Athletic director Kirby Hocutt announced the school received 4,000 tickets for the Ohio State game, which is the typical amount allotted.
 08-10-2010, 09:20 AM         #7784
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the top safety prospects in South Florida, Jabari Gorman (5-10, 170, Miami, Fla./Monsignor Pace) has long had the hometown Miami Hurricanes at the top of his list of schools, but now two other big-time college programs are muscling their way into the picture as well.
“The last coaches I’ve talked to on the phone were Coach (Jim) Tressel and Coach (Darrell) Hazell (of Ohio State) and Coach Bobby (Williams) at Alabama,” Gorman said.

Although Alabama and Ohio State have made a move to get back into the picture, Gorman is still keeping close tabs on the Hurricanes. He recently missed a Miami practice session which he was scheduled to attend with members of Monsignor Pace coaching staff, but plans to be in attendance for “several” home games at Sun Life Stadium this fall.

“I’ll be there that first Thursday night for FAMU (on September 2nd),” Gorman noted.

Assistant coaches Aubrey Hill and Wesley McGriff have done most of the heavy lifting for the Hurricanes in regards to the Gorman recruitment. The talented defensive back appreciates their honestly as it relates to selling Miami as the best opportunity for his services.

“They are pretty straight forward with me,” Gorman said of the Miami coaching staff. “They tell me what I need to know, not what I want to hear.”

Gorman is also aware of the tradition Ohio State has built in recent years at in the secondary (with multiple South Florida products a part of that success), and is intrigued by what the Buckeyes have to offer in terms of getting him to the next level.

“They produce good defensive backs too,” he said of Ohio State. “Coach Hazell is a guy who knows what he is doing.”

Adding some intrigue to this battle, is the fact that arguably the top two teams on the list for Gorman, Miami and Ohio State, will tumble in a big early season contest on September 11th in Columbus. Gorman plans to take his first official visit for that game, and is very interested to see what the outcome is of a highly anticipated inter-sectional showdown.

“I just want to see how these teams compete against each other,” Gorman said of the Miami-Ohio State game. “It’s going to be one of the biggest games of the year.”

Currently, Gorman has no plans or intentions as to when he will make a commitment. He has tentatively scheduled an official visit to Alabama in October, and will likely use one of his three remaining official visits on Miami as well.
 6 years ago '04        #7785
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Practice Report: 8/10
Aug. 10, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Damien Berry
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes held a short practice Tuesday morning for their sixth practice of the fall.

The team practiced for less than an hour.

"Nothing happened today," coach Randy Shannon told reporters.

News & Notes

• The offense has been putting in one new offensive play each day of practice, which is something not uncommon for offensive coordinator Mark Whipple, who has consistently stressed a different routine since he's been at UM. Whipple typically mixes things up in practice and this is just another way to grow the offense.

• The wide receivers return 130 of the 148 receptions (88 percent) they had a year ago so there is plenty of depth at the position. Shannon said: "Most of them are juniors so those guys are becoming leaders like Hankerson is a leader now, guys look up to him. Travis (Benjamin) is the same way.

• Shannon said that freshman WR Allen Hurns has been doing a good job of fitting in as the only young receiver.

• TE Chase Ford caught a 40-yard touchdown, which was the only touchdown in practice. Ford also had a nice catch on a third-down play. Ford is right in the mix at tight end and showing off his pass-catching abilities, his best attribute, is a good sign.

• Freshman RB Darion Hall had his right shoulder iced as well as his right knee following practice. Hall is not expected to be in the mix during the season and is likely to redshirt because of how much experience the team has at tailback.

• Freshman S Kacy Rodgers has been doing a good job of learning what the coaches have told him. If he makes a mistake he has been quick to correct it and move on, something you like to see from a young player. "He's been doing well right now," Shannon said. "He's still young. We will know more after the scrimmage tomorrow night."

• RB Damien Berry had his second child, a daughter, last night.

Next Practice

The Hurricanes will hold their first scrimmage of the fall Wednesday night at Cobb Stadium. It will be closed to the media.

The scrimmage will be 80-89 plays and with special teams, 115 total. Punt and kickoff team will be the emphasis of the special teams.

"We are going to get a lot of young work," Shannon said. "A lot of young guys are going to get a lot of work. Some older guys will get to work just to see who can fly around and make plays and execute under pressure. The coaches will be off the field so there won't be much coaching. They will be calling plays and going after that. We'll see what happens."

Back-up quarterbacks Alonzo Highsmith, Stephen Morris, and Spencer Whipple will see plenty of work.

"They will get a lot of action tomorrow," Shannon said. "Jacory (Harris) will get in his plays, but the other guys will get a lot of action."

Shannon said that he will not hold anyone back from the scrimmage.

"You can't worry about guys getting hurt," he said. "If guys don't practice, they can't get into a rhythm and into football shape. One thing you have to know is that if you hold somebody up from contact then when they get into the game and contact happens, fumbles happen. They have to get used to the contact and get used to the bruising and get your body used to it."

Even the quarterbacks might get hit.

"Depending on how I feel that day," Shannon said. "Like in the spring game, it depends how I wake up that day. It might be live on the quarterbacks, it might not be."
 6 years ago '07        #7786
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
This first scrimmage is huge.

Cant wait to hear reports from it

No injuries please....
 08-10-2010, 11:02 PM         #7787
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 Star Cyrus Kouandjio down to ElevenAugust 10, 2010

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has been quiet regarding the recruiting process so far. However, the nation's No. 2 offensive tackle and the No. 7 overall player in the nation has narrowed down his list to 11 lucky programs. So who made the cut and are there any surprises?

<!--Start Image-->Kouandjio, a 6-foot-7, 322-pounder for one of the nation's top high school programs, has long been rumored to be an Alabama lean since his older brother, Arie Kouandjio, signed with the Tide in February. However, Alabama has some competition from 10 other teams.

"This list is in no order and I don't have a favorite," said Kouandjio. "My final 11 are Pitt, Oklahoma, Miami, Virginia, Tennessee, Maryland, Georgia, Iowa, USC, New Mexico and Alabama."

Kouandjio said getting down to 11 wasn't easy but he's happy this first step is done. He talked a little about what he likes about each program.

"At Pitt, they are recruiting me hard, I like the coaches and my teammate and friend Sam Collura is committed there. I took a visit and liked the atmosphere. With Oklahoma and Miami, I haven't been to either and don't know a lot about either program, but they interest me. Oklahoma produces good offensive linemen and I want to learn more about then and Miami, I've always like The U and want to learn more about them too. I hope to visit both of them.

"With Virginia, I visited and I like the coaches a lot and it's close to home. They also have a good offensive line. Tennessee recruited my brother really hard and they have a good fan base so I'm hoping to visit there as well. With Maryland, it's very close to home and I've been there a lot of times so there is a comfort level. The coaches are also really good.

"Georgia has always intrigued me and I've wanted to see and learn more about them. For some reason they've always stood out to me and I hope I can get there. Iowa has our running back from last year, Marcus Coker, and they produce offensive tackles and I liked it out there when I visited. It never hurts to know someone there already.

"Finally, with USC, New Mexico and Alabama it's different things. Arie loved USC when he visited out there and said it was tough to turn them down for Alabama. They also have a good offensive line coach and they are recruiting me really hard. New Mexico has Coach Mike Locksley who has recruited this area so well when he was at Maryland, Florida and Illinois, there would be immediate playing time there and I've been there twice and liked it. And with Alabama, obviously my brother is there so that's a bonus, Coach Saban and all the coaches are great, they have good offensive line coaching and I've been there twice and liked the area."

So what's next for Cyrus as far as narrowing down his list further and taking some official visits?

"I really don't know, I'm trying to figure that out now," he said. "I won't take any officials until after my season starts and I have to figure out if I want to see some of the places I haven't been to yet or see some of the schools I know to learn more. I'll probably take all my visits and decide late."

And what does Kouandjio say to those who think this narrowing-down process is moot because he's a done deal to 'Bama to play for his brother?

"To be honest, all of these schools look similar to me," he said. "They are all good programs, they all have good coaches and nice people and there isn't one of them that stands out. I am taking this process seriously like my brother did and am going to make the decision that's best for me. If I know where I wanted to go or was going to go already, I wouldn't be bothering with this and would have committed."
 6 years ago '04        #7788
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
keep the updates comin fellas

hurricane season is near!
 08-11-2010, 01:02 PM         #7789
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anthony Harrell is the New LB on UM’s RadarAugust 11, 2010

Tampa Jesuit High School LB Anthony Harrell lists 21 scholarship offers.

But one offer he's waiting on is from Miami.

"I'm getting recruited by coach (Micheal) Barrow," Harrell said. "Last time I talked to him he told me to send my highlight film to him.

"If they offer I'd consider them a lot - it's a top program with a great history. I'd love to be part of that."

Harrell says he's high on NC State and West Virginia right now, but that if UM offers the Canes would be right up there with those two programs.

"I don't have a real top five, just schools I like," Harrell said. "(NC State and West Virginia) are the top leaders right now."

Harrell recently took unofficial visits to North Carolina, Duke and Wake Forest.

"They went pretty well," he said.

Harrell says Miami "sends me mail all the time, letters inviting me to practices and things like that."

He says "it's hard to go (to a UM practice) because of football season starting."

Harrell is being recruited as a linebacker by the Canes; other schools are also recruiting him as a running back. He's playing both ways full time this season after playing primarily defense last year at Tampa Freedom High. He had 125 tackles, 23 for losses, with seven sacks, two interceptions and three pass breakups last year. On offense he had 13 carries for 150 yards and one touchdown.

Does he think Miami will offer him a scholarship?

"Right now it's too soon to tell," Harrell said. "I hope so because I've been working hard this summer. Hopefully I can prove to them what I can do."

Harrell says he "might wait till signing day" to make a decision.

"It depends," he said. "I'm not sure right now. If Miami offers me I know they'll be in the top three at least."
 6 years ago '07        #7790
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
No news from the scrimmage??

Im like a kid on christmas waiting on someone to post some info.

Football is f**kin here and im AMPED
 08-11-2010, 11:03 PM         #7791
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WR Andre Davis Likes the Canes ProgramAugust 11, 2010

Tampa (FL) Jefferson High School WR Andre Davis put the Canes in his top seven in early July. And he continues to say the Hurricanes are very much in it to land him. "Miami most definitely is still in there," Davis said. "It's between Miami, West Virginia, Rutgers, Texas Tech, Kansas, South Florida and Florida State."

Davis says he isn't taking any unofficial visits to UM. But he says "Most likely I'm going to go on my official there during the season." What’s the next step in his recruiting process? "Figuring out my five visits," he said. "I'll research and do it like that."

Davis says he hasn't talked to Miami coaches recently but that they continue to send him recruiting mail. "They talk about the program, things like that," he said.

Of what draws him to UM, Davis said, "I just like the program, period. How they had national championships, how they have a young team, and the coaches also." Davis says he has no frontrunners among his top seven. "They're pretty even," he said.

Davis finished his junior season with 52 receptions for 1,206 yards and 19 touchdowns.
 6 years ago '05        #7792
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
No news from the scrimmage??

Im like a kid on christmas waiting on someone to post some info.

Football is f**kin here and im AMPED
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Junior quarterback Jacory Harris threw for 106 yards and a touchdown and senior cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke sparked a fired-up defense with five tackles and a pass-break up as the University of Miami football team completed its first scrimmage of fall camp.

Miami worked through roughly a 100-play scrimmage, which for the first time under head coach Randy Shannon featured live special teams in the first scrimmage of the season. After spending the first seven possessions starting from the 35-yard line, the `Canes started series at the 50-yard line before ending the scrimmage with a couple of red-zone possessions.

In a very evenly managed scrimmage for the first one of the fall, the offense managed five touchdowns and senior placekicker Matt Bosher connected on two field goals. Miami's defense forced four punts and three turnovers on downs, an interception and recovered a bobbled hand-off.

Harris hooked up with senior wide-out Leonard Hankerson for a 50-yard touchdown pass. Hankerson, who was just named to the Biletnikoff Watch List, caught two passes for 63 yards on the night, but it was the emergence of players like junior wide receiver Aldarius Johnson, running back Mike James and safety Ray Ray Armstrong who stepped it up in the first scrimmage.

Takin' the Next Step
The 2010 season could be special for several `Canes' players. A few of those players looked like they took that next step in the first scrimmage of the season. Junior wide-out Aldarius Johnson, who missed three games in 2009 with an injury, showed flashes again of why his high school nickname "Glue Hands" is still around. Johnson hauled in three catches for 56 yards, which included a 23-yard scoring strike from sophomore quarterback Alonzo Highsmith, in the `Canes first scrimmage. He nearly had his second TD catch when he caught a 24-yard pass along the right side line, but was forced out by two defenders before he came down in bounds.
Sophomore running back Mike James ran hard and caught a few passes out of the back-field as he eased back into the tailback position. James spent most of his freshman season playing fullback - something he hadn't done much of in high school. In 2010, he will add even more depth to a very deep running back group. James scored the first two touchdowns of Wednesday night's scrimmage. He scored from two yards out on the third drive and again from three yards out on the fourth possession. He carried five times for 17 yards.

Defensively, safety Ray Ray Armstrong, linebackers Ramon Buchanan, Kylan Robinson and defensive tackle Marcus Forston continued to grow into their roles at Miami. Buchanan, who saw increased action at one of the outside linebacker spots after Sean Spence missed some games last season, led the defense with six tackles Wednesday night. Robinson continued to get himself acclimated to the middle linebacker role that he took over during spring ball. Forston, who was named to the Outland Trophy Watch List for top lineman despite only playing in three games last season, looked to be ready to go for 2010. He tallied a couple of sacks and even caught tight end Chase Ford from behind after a 15-yard gain.

A Special Twist
For the first time under head coach Randy Shannon, Miami incorporated live special teams into its first scrimmage. Kicker Matt Bosher handled kickoffs, punts and connected on a couple of PAT's and field goals from 26 yards and 42 yards out. Freshmen Darion Hall, Eduardo Clements and Storm Johnson returned a few kickoffs. Johnson broke loose for a 41-yard return but Clements' 68-yard return was the most impressive of the night. Ramon Buchanan made some big hits on kickoff coverage and true freshman Devont'a Davis blocked the second punt of the scrimmage and Johnson made the recovery.

The Hurricanes have usually waited to the third scrimmage to do some live special teams' work.

Scrimmage Highlights and Stats
- Senior cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke had a pass breakup on third down on first possession
- Big Hits: Adrew Smith on Damien Berry, Ray Ray Armstrong on Chase Ford
- Storm Johnson had a blocked punt recovery, an 11-yard run, 41-yard kickoff return and a big downfield block on Alonzo Highsmith's 23-yard TD run
- The defense opened the scrimmage with two straight three-and-outs
- Mike James carried five times for 17 yards and scored the first two touchdowns of the scrimmage on a 2-yard run and 3-yard run.
- Jacory Harris threw to Aldarius Johnson for a 26-yard gain to the 2-yard line. Johnson later caught a 23-yard TD from Highsmith
- On the fourth series, Lamar Miller ran for first downs on 14 and 10-yard runs and caught a 19-yard swing pass from Highsmith
- Spencer Whipple completed a nice pass to Tommy Streeter for 16-yard gain and a first down
- Pass break-ups: Kelvin Cain, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Jared Campbell, Ryan Hill, Devont'a Davis
- LaRon Byrd caught a pass from Stephen Morris on third-and-long for a 19-yard gain and a first down. Byrd converted another first down on an 11-yard reception from Highsmith
- Luther Robinson, McCarthy, Andrew Smith, Adewale Ojomo, Marcus Forston (2) registered sacks
- Damien Berry had a 13-yard run on fourth-and-one
- Bosher made field goals of 26 and 42 yards
- Eduardo Clements had a 68-yard kick-off return
- Ray Ray Armstrong recorded the only interception of the night
- Chase Ford gained 15 yards after breaking a couple tackles on a pass from Highsmith
- Kendal Thompkins shook defenders on a 14-yard reception and 12-yard reception from Spencer Whipple
- Darion Hall cut against the grain and broke tackles for a 35-yard run
-Quarterback Alonzo Highsmith ended the scrimmage with a 23-yard run for a TD

Passing
Jacory Harris 6-for-10 - 106 yards, 1TD
Alonzo Highsmith 5-of-6 - 76 yards, 1 TD
Spencer Whipple 3-of-12 - 42 yards, 1INT
Stephen Morris 1-of-6 - 19 yards

Rushing
Damien Berry 7 carries for 36 yards
Lamar Miller 3 carries for 27 yards
Mike James 5 carries for 17 yards, 2 TDs

Receiving
Leonard Hankerson 2 catches for 63 yards, 1 TD
Aldarius Johnson 3 catches for 56 yards, 1 TD
LaRon Byrd 2 catches for 30 yards
Kendal Thompkins 2 catches for 26 yards
Lamar Miller 2 catches for 24 yards
Chase Ford 2 catches for 20 yards

Defense
Ramon Buchanan 6 tackles
DeMarcus Van Dyke 5 tackles, 1 PBU
Colin McCarthy 3 tackles, 1 sack
Ray Ray Armstrong 3 tackles, 1 INT
Kacy Rodgers 3 tackles, 1 INT
Micanor Regis 3 tackles
was just reading this.. I'm ready for this season to start!!
 6 years ago '07        #7793
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
props

good to see them boys ahead of the curve.

special season ahead
 6 years ago '05        #7794
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
:laugh5:
 6 years ago '07        #7795
FeedTheBeast 19 heat pts19
space
space
$12,176 | Props total: 5412 5412
 Dchis said:
5 Star Cyrus Kouandjio down to ElevenAugust 10, 2010

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has been quiet regarding the recruiting process so far. However, the nation's No. 2 offensive tackle and the No. 7 overall player in the nation has narrowed down his list to 11 lucky programs. So who made the cut and are there any surprises?

<!--Start Image-->Kouandjio, a 6-foot-7, 322-pounder for one of the nation's top high school programs, has long been rumored to be an Alabama lean since his older brother, Arie Kouandjio, signed with the Tide in February. However, Alabama has some competition from 10 other teams.

"This list is in no order and I don't have a favorite," said Kouandjio. "My final 11 are Pitt, Oklahoma, Miami, Virginia, Tennessee, Maryland, Georgia, Iowa, USC, New Mexico and Alabama."

Kouandjio said getting down to 11 wasn't easy but he's happy this first step is done. He talked a little about what he likes about each program.

"At Pitt, they are recruiting me hard, I like the coaches and my teammate and friend Sam Collura is committed there. I took a visit and liked the atmosphere. With Oklahoma and Miami, I haven't been to either and don't know a lot about either program, but they interest me. Oklahoma produces good offensive linemen and I want to learn more about then and Miami, I've always like The U and want to learn more about them too. I hope to visit both of them.

"With Virginia, I visited and I like the coaches a lot and it's close to home. They also have a good offensive line. Tennessee recruited my brother really hard and they have a good fan base so I'm hoping to visit there as well. With Maryland, it's very close to home and I've been there a lot of times so there is a comfort level. The coaches are also really good.

"Georgia has always intrigued me and I've wanted to see and learn more about them. For some reason they've always stood out to me and I hope I can get there. Iowa has our running back from last year, Marcus Coker, and they produce offensive tackles and I liked it out there when I visited. It never hurts to know someone there already.

"Finally, with USC, New Mexico and Alabama it's different things. Arie loved USC when he visited out there and said it was tough to turn them down for Alabama. They also have a good offensive line coach and they are recruiting me really hard. New Mexico has Coach Mike Locksley who has recruited this area so well when he was at Maryland, Florida and Illinois, there would be immediate playing time there and I've been there twice and liked it. And with Alabama, obviously my brother is there so that's a bonus, Coach Saban and all the coaches are great, they have good offensive line coaching and I've been there twice and liked the area."

So what's next for Cyrus as far as narrowing down his list further and taking some official visits?

"I really don't know, I'm trying to figure that out now," he said. "I won't take any officials until after my season starts and I have to figure out if I want to see some of the places I haven't been to yet or see some of the schools I know to learn more. I'll probably take all my visits and decide late."

And what does Kouandjio say to those who think this narrowing-down process is moot because he's a done deal to 'Bama to play for his brother?

"To be honest, all of these schools look similar to me," he said. "They are all good programs, they all have good coaches and nice people and there isn't one of them that stands out. I am taking this process seriously like my brother did and am going to make the decision that's best for me. If I know where I wanted to go or was going to go already, I wouldn't be bothering with this and would have committed."

He is Rolling with The TIDE!! Guarantee!!
 6 years ago '05        #7796
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #7797
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,641 | Props total: 3737 3737
It's gonna be a long year fellow Tropical Depressions I mean Canes
 6 years ago '04        #7798
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 MARTIAN MAR said:
It's gonna be a long year fellow Tropical Depressions I mean Canes
nah man we good, you can go head and kick rocks though and worry about your s**t.
 6 years ago '04        #7799
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Practice Report: 8/13
Aug. 13, 2010

By: David Lake

Storm Johnson
CORAL GABLES, Fla. --- The Miami Hurricanes returned to practice this morning at 8 a.m. after having yesterday off.

Miami, who is having their first two-a-day practice of the fall, will return to the field at 3:45 p.m.

“On two a days you get a little cat nap and then you get back at it out here,” Shannon said of the in between time during two-a-days.

Read on for more news and notes coming out of today’s morning practice.

RANDY SHANNON OPENING STATEMENT

“Today was the first day of two-a-days. We got a lot of good practice today and came out here at eight o’clock. We got the heat involved which was good and did some live tackling, which was great to keep their minds in tune and keep them mentally tougher after a scrimmage. They understand you have to come out and practice full speed in every practice. I liked the enthusiasm on this football team and we will be able to tell a lot by the way they come back this afternoon”

NEWS & NOTES

• One area Shannon was particularly pleased with after the scrimmage was on kick return. Storm Johnson and Eduardo Clements each had big kick returns of over 40 yard during the scrimmage. “The special teams play was good because I think we found some guys who can do some things on special teams with our punt game and our kickoffs,” Shannon said.

• Shannon discussed what he particularly looks for in the first scrimmage of the fall. "On defense you look for busts, loafs, and missed tackles," Shannon said. "On offense you want to see who is turning the ball over, loafs, and mentals and then you grade it from there. You want to see a guy knowing his a.ssignment, playing hard, and not turning the ball over."

• Wide receiver Aldarius Johnson had a strong scrimmage as well, catching three passes for 56 yards and one touchdown. “He made some good catches, but he still has to improve on his blocking,” Johnson said. “That is the one thing if you are going to be a complete receiver that when it is time to block and get on the safety or corner for a run play, we need him to do that. We expect a lot more out of him and he knows it and he is improving his blocking, but he knows he needs to get better.”

• Backup quarterback Alonzo Highsmith with 5-of-6 for 76 yards and one touchdown in the scrimmage. Shannon says he has seen a big improvement from Highsmith this fall. “He is a whole lot better,” Shannon said. “He is taking snaps and not fumbling snaps and he knows all the formations. He is a year into the system and he is a more mature player and has a better understanding of the offense and defense. He has improved a lot and continued to grow.”

• Shannon on the play of Seantrel Henderson in the scrimmage: “He did alright. He is still learning and developing. He is a very competitive, smart, and enthusiastic type of kid and the more you see him participate, the better he gets.”

• Senior Kylan Robinson continues to impress coach Shannon this fall. “If the season started today, he would be the starting middle linebacker,” Shannon said. “We have confidence in him and we are excited about his progress.”

• Redshirt freshman safety Jamal Reid practiced for the first time this fall camp after missing the first week of practice while attending to his academics from summer school.

• Cornerback Brandon McGee appeared to be the only player who was held out of practice on Friday, after Wednesday’s scrimmage. “For the most part, there is nothing serious [with injuries],” Shannon said. “It is things where guys will be back in a day or two.”

• Junior quarterback Spencer Whipple is working as the team’s holder on field goals at this time.
 6 years ago '05        #7800
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Aug. 14, 2010
Coral Gables, Fla. - Practice No. 10 Saturday morning for the University of Miami football team saw the `Canes challenging each other to be better along with head coach Randy Shannon who wanted his players to be sharp coming off their first two-a-day Friday. The Hurricanes worked for nearly 2 ½ hours on the Greentree Practice Fields taking more time working on 11-on-11 drills from third down blitz , inside run and red zone action.
The Hurricanes have another 8 a.m. practice session Sunday morning before holding the second two-a-day of camp on Monday.

`Upperclassmen Continue to Lead
As has been the theme for much of camp, older more experienced players have taken the time to coach up the younger players. During last Saturday's Season Ticket Holder and UM Employee practice, there was a moment when redshirt junior safety JoJo Nicolas and junior cornerback Brandon Harris had freshman Kacy Rodgers on the sideline showing him how to read certain formations.
Today's practice saw senior linebacker Colin McCarthy taking his turn. McCarthy was approached by junior Jordan Futch, who needed some help understanding a defensive call to make sure he was doing his job properly. McCarthy, the most experienced player on the defense since coming in 2006 when head coach Randy Shannon was still coaching linebackers, explained to Futch where he needed to be.

McCarthy, who watched the 3rd Down Blitz drill from behind the defense like most of the coaches do, took it one more step further when he helped linebacker coach Micheal Barrow explain in more detail to the younger linebackers some of the calls during a break.
It's obvious this season that the juniors and seniors know how special of a season it could be for the `Canes. The senior leadership has been on point thus far this camp. Offensive tackle Orlando Franklin met with media members after practice Saturday and his message was it's their job to be a good example for the younger players.
"I put a lot of pressure on myself because I have to step up," Franklin said. "I've been here the longest, have the most snaps, have to do what I can to get better. I've been working hard at it, showing these young guys how to do it."

West Miramar Panthers Pay a Visit
For the second consecutive day, a member of the South Florida Youth Football League paid a visit to the Hurricanes' football practice. On Saturday, the West Miramar Panthers (90-pound division), under the direction of first-year head coach and former Hurricanes' football student-athlete Mike Rumph (1998-2002), stopped by and watched the `Canes. Afterwards, the `Canes signed posters and other paraphernalia for the Panthers.

Encouragement from All Around
From the sidelines, several Hurricanes players could be heard yelling at their teammates to keep hustling, well after plays had ended. The enthusiasm was for the `Canes to jog and keep hustling back to the line and to huddles after the play, and to continue to go full-steam at 100 percent from the start-to-end of practice.

Shannon Gets Into Action
Head coach Randy Shannon did more than deliver messages on Saturday. He got involved by showing players, especially on defense, where to be in several defensive schemes/packages. Shannon was seen on the field positioning players and enforcing his enthusiasm for players to remain focused through the play, and for the cornerbacks and safeties to come up and make hits against the run - both on the blocking receivers and fullbacks.

Defensive Highlights
- Defensive back Cory Nelms had a breakup in early 9-on-9 action.
- Olivier Vernon had good rushes and a sack on quarterback Stephen Morris.
- Adewale Ojomo had a tackle-for-loss in early 9-on-9 play.
- Linebacker Sean Spence forced and recovered a fumble.
- Along the defensive line, Curtis Porter and Micanor Regis had good surges through the offensive line.
- Ramon Buchanan and Andrew Smith were filling holes from their linebacker positions. Buchanan had an interception in 7-on-7 action.
- Kacy Rogers and Buchanan combined for a tackle-for-loss.
- JoJo Nicolas stayed with a play late and stripped the ball downfield.
- Olivier Vernon was covering outside runs well early-on.
- The linebacker and defensive back units were attacking the ball after catches, forcing fumbles with strips.
- Marcus Forston and Ojomo were good early-on with rushes on the quarterback, surging through the offensive line.
- Curtis Porter and Regis had good bursts through the line for tackles in the backfield.
- The defensive line had good rush defense against right side of the offensive line late in practice.

Offensive Highlights
- In early 9-on-9 play, the quarterbacks were finding open receivers in a variety of areas. Alonzo Highsmith hooked up with Aldarius Johnson for a long pass play of more than 40 yards. Highsmith was accurate in 7-on-7 action, finding several receivers and running backs with his reads.
- Running back Storm Johnson had several long runs in his time on the field, finding and reading his blocks in 9-on-9 action.
- Storm Johnson also broke away from several tackles.
- Running back Damien Berry had a long run early in practice.
- The offensive line was pulling in 11-on-11 play, allowing many clean runs by the running backs.
- Jacory Harris hooked up with Mike James across the middle for a long touchdown.
- Wide receiver Tommy Streeter had a huge downfield block on Devont'a Davis.
- Offensive linemen Seantrel Henderson and Jared Wheeler were good along the right side with good protection of the quarterbacks.
- The offensive line versus defensive line battle between Wheeler (offense) and Marcus Robinson (defense) was great action in team plays towards the end of practice.
- Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Jermaine Johnson held his position and gave quarterback Spencer Whipple great protection in his time on the gridiron.
- LaRon Byrd and Brandon Washington combined with blocks on a reverse that allowed a long run for Kendal Thompkins.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
54 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
343 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy