Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #7721
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Damn collier that sucks.

I wonder what the violations were.

Whos handling the fall pratice updates? Praying for minimal injuries
it appears dude was running with a less than reputable crowd
so he was getting caught up in some bad situations...for instance someone on the scout boards said that dude was one time at a party and was shot at...so you can imagine what type of crowd he running with if ppl are shooting up partys
 6 years ago '04        #7722
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 597 597
^yeah i read that to, also heard he had a cast on his hand. Hope everything work out for him though
 6 years ago '05        #7723
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
camp starts tom :laugh5: :cool-smiley-009: and just less than a month before kickoff
 6 years ago '07        #7724
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466

thuggin with a football scholarship

Glad shannon stickin to his guns
 6 years ago '04        #7725
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
seen jacory harris n tommy streeter at the best buy in daeland yesterday. They was looking for new phones. Jacory looked a lil bigger, n streeter is a big child
 6 years ago '05        #7726
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:

thuggin with a football scholarship

Glad shannon stickin to his guns
shannon seemed like he gave dude plenty of chances to clean up his act...reason for him not even participating in spring game and s**t
 6 years ago '05        #7727
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES —
Miami Hurricanes recruit Latwan Anderson will not be at Thursday's first practice, but said he should arrive by next week.

Anderson is having an issue with the NCAA Clearinghouse because of his high school transcripts. He is the No. 2 recruit in the 2010 class behind tackle Seantrel Henderson. Henderson and linebacker Kelvin Cain both enrolled at UM Wednesday.

"My grades are good," Anderson said. "I have a lot of different transcripts, that's all. This has been going on for the last couple of weeks, but I should know something probably this week."

Anderson, a defensive back out of Glenville (Ohio) High, said he attended "five or six high schools" and the NCAA is trying to match the records. He is delaying his arrival because he wants to be certain he is cleared to play. If admitted, he will enroll on track scholarship but plans to play football.

frrruck, saying he might have to redshirt
 6 years ago '07        #7728
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Clearing house cant be serious.

No f**king way it takes that long to match up records.
 6 years ago '04        #7729
booie4 
space
space
^lol, i don't know man, five or six high schools is alot
 6 years ago '05        #7730
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 booie4 said:
^lol, i don't know man, five or six high schools is alot
lol yea exactly thats the reason its taking so long
 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM         #7731
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami in Homestead DT Chavis Akins’ Top 4
August 4, 2010

Homestead 2011 defensive tackle Chavis Akins hopes that some day he will be able to wreak havoc on the defensive line for the University of Miami for the next four years.

Akins (6-3, 330) has been in touch with UM linebackers coach Micheal Barrow and after getting a verbal offer from the Hurricanes in May he hopes a written offer is on the way.

“If that written offer comes, I wouldn’t hesitate to commit,” Akins said. “I would sit down with my family first and then make up my mind and I think we would all agree that Miami is a good place for me.”

Akins says he grew up in a household that cheered for the Hurricanes and always watched UM on Saturdays.

“My whole family is Hurricanes fans,” Akins said. “I could always see that they are a good team. On Saturday mornings my family would go watch the games and it was always a big deal for everybody win they would win or lose.”

Akins currently has Miami in his top four along with Florida State, Ole Miss, and UCF.

He took a trip up to Florida State earlier this summer for an official visit and enjoyed meeting the FSU coaching staff.

“Me and coach Coley talked and he told me he wanted to see me again sometime during the season,” Akins said. “Coach Jimbo Fisher seemed like a wonderful dude. Coach Fisher is always upbeat and he said he wants me to come back up for a game this season too.”

Akins is a big force that controls the middle of the offensive line by filling gaps and getting a strong push up the middle.

“I was always told the job of a defensive lineman is to clog holes and get double teams,” Akins said. “It is important for defensive tackles to make everything easier for everybody else on the defense. That is what I am going to do this season and wreak havoc on the defensive line.”

Akins looks up to two of the biggest defensive tackles in the NFL right now in Albert Haynesworth and Vince Wilfork

“When I watch Albert Haynesworth on TV I see that he is very aggressive and he plugs the hole,” Akins said. “Vince Wilfork is that type of player too. He dominates the line of scrimmage and is real athletic for being such a big guy.”

Akins says he would like to take some official visits before he makes a decision on his future school. He talked about the important factors that will go into that decision.

“First thing is first is always academics,” Akins said. “I have to feel comfortable in the area too and I am looking for a school that can better me on the field and off the field. I know after college that football is not guaranteed.”
 08-05-2010, 12:18 AM         #7732
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM in Georgia 4 Star DE Stephon Tuitt’s Top 6
August 4, 2010

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt from Monroe Area High in Monroe, Georgia, has plenty of options, but he actually has a decent idea of who he does like.

Tuitt (6-5, 255), who had 56 tackles, 10 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles last year, mentioned the schools that currently stand out as well as his visit plans.

“These schools aren’t in any order but I like Georgia Tech, Auburn, Miami, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Clemson, and that’s really it,” Tuitt said. “All the schools have been recruiting me and I call them so they know how everything is going. (Georgia) Tech is the closest one so I have been down there a lot more times than anywhere else.”

Tuitt has also been to Tennessee and Clemson before, and he plans to see Auburn this weekend. He added that Georgia Tech and Notre Dame are the only schools guaranteed to receive official visits.

Miami also is likely to receive an official visit considering Tuitt hasn’t been to the campus yet and he wants to get more familiar with Coral Gables.

“I’ve been talking to the coaches but I haven’t had a chance to go down there and see the campus,” Tuitt said. “I would like to meet the head coach but I’ve talked to my position coach (Coach Petri) plenty of times and the recruiter for my area (Coach McGriff) a couple times. The real selling point with Miami is great players, they had a great season last year, and they’re still motivated. Then they got the NFL players like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed who come back to work out and teach the players now. They’re like mentors to the college players when they tell them about college football and the NFL too.”

Tuitt was born and raised in South Florida before moving to Georgia but there is still a lot he wants to learn about what Miami has to offer.

“I want to get a feel for the campus and see what the environment is like,” Tuitt said. “I want to build more of a relationship with the coaches that are there so I can feel comfortable with them. I want to get to know the players more and ask them why they chose Miami over all the other schools they probably could have gone to.”

Some feel that Tuitt is destined for Georgia Tech and he admits that he is certainly very familiar with the Yellow Jackets.

“I have a great relationship with the coaches, not just my position coach but the head coach and the rest of the staff too,” Tuitt said. “They have a great environment there and it’s a great place to get a degree when you graduate. The weight of that carries on forever and they have a great academic program.”

Tuitt has a checklist of three main items that he reviews when considering Georgia Tech, Miami, or any other school for that matter.

“Well the first thing I go by is the degree,” Tuitt said. “If I get drafted to the NFL, that would be great, but right now I’m looking at where I’m going to college for four years and what school is best for me academically. Second would be the coaches and then it would be about the environment at the school. You need a great relationship with the coaches so that they see you as a real person and they want to make you a successful football player for the next level.”
 6 years ago '04        #7733
booie4 
space
space
Latwan Anderson got cleared, also 1st day of practice
 6 years ago '07        #7734
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
told you it shouldnt take that long

im not crazy
 6 years ago '06        #7735
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzurrr!!!!

ITS HERE FOLKS!!! :mj2:

The University of Miami began its first practice of the 2010 season Thursday morning just before 8. The media had access from about 8:15 to 8:30, mostly watching stretching exercises and a couple of throwing and catching drills.

Some observations:

• No. 1 newcomer Seantrel Henderson, listed as 6-8 and 330 pounds on Thursday's roster, is definitely impressive looking. He wears No. 77.

• Not on the roster, as expected: wide receiver Thearon Collier and defensive end Steven Wesley.

• Some apparent injuries: Sophomore receiver Davon Johnson is on crutches, his right leg bandaged up to the knee, and incoming freshman offensive lineman Jermaine Barton is on crutches with his right leg in a boot.

• Offensive lineman Ben Jones was standing on the sideline, not dressed in a practice uniform and not participating.

Another top signee, defensive back Latwan Anderson, is not on the roster. Anderson, from Cleveland, is technically a track signee and therefore does not have to report until the first day of classes, according to UM.

Wednesday night, Anderson's high school coach -- Ted Ginn Sr. -- said by phone that Anderson had not yet been cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. But early Thursday morning, on WQAM with sports talk host Joe Rose, UM coach Randy Shannon said Anderson ``can practice today.''

More about this after practice, if Shannon chooses to address it.

Stay tuned.

Read more:
 6 years ago '07        #7736
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Im so f**king hyped for this season.

s**t im hyped for football in general.
 6 years ago '05        #7737
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
hell yea I'm excited just to see some preseason football this weekend
 6 years ago '05        #7738
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Miami offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson stretches out during practice, Thursday, Aug. 5, 2010, in Coral Gables, Fla. Considered by some as the nation's No. 1 recruit a year ago, Henderson was on the Hurricanes' practice field with his new teammates as training camp opened Thursday morning. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee) (Wilfredo Lee, AP / August 5, 2010)

CORAL GABLES The big news of the first day of practice was the arrival of freshman tackle Seantrel Henderson.

Even though Henderson is the nation's top recruit, the Hurricanes have no plans of rushing him onto the field. UM coach Randy Shannon said it will take a few weeks for Henderson to fully adjust to not only the college level, but also the extreme South Florida heat. Henderson is from Minneapolis.

"He's physically fit," Shannon said. "[With] big guys, it takes about two weeks to get involved in it. The first week is going to be a struggle. The second week, they'll feel a little bitter. The third week, they should be in tune with it."

Shannon compares Henderson's situation to senior Orlando Franklin. He arrived late as a freshman, and struggled with fatigue early in the season. By November, he was able to play a full game. Shannon was most impressed with Henderson's natural ability, but said he needs to improve on fundamentals.

"He's got to do what he has to get done," Shannon said. "He's been positive, been great, been joking around. When it was time get on the field, he worked hard today. When it was time to take notes, he was taking notes. That's all he has to do is those little things."

The media guide lists Henderson as 6-8, 330. Last month, Henderson said he weighed 350. He either dropped weight quickly or UM is being generous. Either way, he looked in solid shape.
 6 years ago '06        #7739
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245

more pics from practice ^^^

GOOOOOOOOONIES ARE BACK!!!!
 6 years ago '05        #7740
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Shannon after todays practice :cool-smiley-009:

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy