Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #7681
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
they looked horrible in that spring gm

ewwwwwww
 6 years ago '04        #7682
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,790 | Props total: 1395 1395
granted a spring game isn't the end all of be all but you can tell alot by it.

like for us.

our OL is questionable pass blocking. We need Jacory healthy badly (duh), and we still don't have a solid nickel back yet, and we still need a 3rd LB to go with McCarthy and Spence.
 6 years ago '05        #7683
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
GREENSBORO, N.C. -- University of Miami coach Randy Shannon made reporters laugh Monday about LeBron James, discussed the quick healing of running back Graig Cooper and went in depth about how he prefers face-to-face contact with students and parents rather than using social media.

But what people really wanted to know on the final day of the ACC Football Kickoff media days was how his Hurricanes have stayed out of the news regarding the rash of recent NCAA investigations linked to improper agent-related conduct and parties in Miami.

Seems that all that community outreach by Shannon and his players have paid dividends.

``I know a lot of people in Miami and I get abrea$t on things that come up,'' Shannon said when asked if he hears about upcoming parties in Miami. ``All the time I tell guys, `Hey, they're having this here and you guys are not allowed to go.' Sometimes people in Miami will say [using various social media such as Facebook or Twitter], `There's a party at wherever and it's sponsored by University of Miami football.' But that's a violation. That's illegal. Or they may try to use one of the players' names on the team. We'll call the people or the club that's sponsoring it and then then we'll tell players, `No matter what, you can't go.' ''

WARNINGS ARE BIG HELP

Shannon said community members call to warn him about potential situations.

``I get a lot of stuff from the community,'' he said. ``That's the one thing that saves me. I'll be out in the community a lot and our football team is out in the community a lot. Every Monday during the season we're [working] with kids, the city, the Chamber of Commerce, Miami-Dade County. When the offseason comes, we're out three or four times a week. When the community sees us coming out all the time and trying to be helpful, in return they give me a lot of feedback.

``So it's kind of a share and share deal. They want to see us be successful and not have any problems.''

He said that constant communication with his players has been key, and that he had no worries that his players were involved when he heard about investigations surrounding Club LIV at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach. ``Because that club has always been a big club [with] partying,'' Shannon said.

He said he also warns his ex-players, many of whom are NFL stars and still work out at UM or live offseason in Miami, of the potential pitfalls of player-agent contact.

``We educate our football players and then we educate our ex-players,'' he said, ``making sure they understand that, `OK, you can communicate and talk to our players, but you cannot have your agent around when our players are around.' That's a no-no, and they understand that. They won't put our players in those situations.''

Shannon said his players are allowed to go to parties, including ones thrown by former UM players who are in the NFL. A party thrown by former UM tailback Frank Gore also has been the subject of NCAA-related speculation.

``The ex-players on this team know they cannot have agents around,'' Shannon said. ``So if Frank had his party, Frank knows agents cannot be around.''

MORE FROM SHANNON

Other nuggets from Shannon's media session Monday:

• On the status of Cooper, who underwent reconstructive knee surgery after the Champs Sports Bowl: ``He's running, he's squatting, he's lifting, he's jumping. He's full board everything. We're going to take it slow. If he's healthy he'll play. If he's not ready, we won't play him.''

• On position changes: Former guard Joel Figueroa has been moved to right tackle opposite left tackle Orlando Franklin.

• On James joining the Miami Heat: ``It took a lot of pressure off me. They've got to win the championship now. It's going to be great to watch them and pull for them.''

• On if he can use LeBron in recruiting: ``That's illegal. You're trying to get me in trouble.''

• On the Ohio State game and what it means to the program: ``It's a game. You have a lot of big games at Miami. When we get to that game we'll address it, just like when we [open] with FAMU. The thing we can't do is get so motivated about one team that when you get to that team they're flat.''

• On how important football is to the university: ``Well, the University of Miami took the athletic emblem and made it the school. It's not the University of Miami, it's the U. It's the U medical campus, U football, U athletics. Everything is U.''

MUM ON HENDERSON

Shannon would not discuss newest recruit Seantrel Henderson, an offensive lineman and the nation's top-rated player, expected to report to fall camp.

In other UM news Monday, The University of Toledo announced on its website that it will play UM in a home-and-home football series beginning in 2015.

The Rockets will play host to the Hurricanes on Sept. 5, 2015 and travel to Sun Life Stadium on Sept. 3, 2016.

Read more:
 6 years ago '05        #7684
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:
``The ex-players on this team know they cannot have agents around,'' Shannon said. ``So if Frank had his party, Frank knows agents cannot be around.''
Frank knew what he was doing.. love how no UM players are being mentioned in this.
 6 years ago '06        #7685
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12018 12018
man its been a tough off season for our squad man.. first Futch's Bro then Collier's kid and now travis williams brother

6 years ago '07        #7686
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
damn thats f**ked up

sad s**t
 6 years ago '05        #7687
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,665 | Props total: 3775 3775
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
they looked horrible in that spring gm

ewwwwwww
not a surprise...yall n*ggaz gonna suck....
 6 years ago '05        #7688
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,300 | Props total: 11 11
 MARTIAN MAR said:
not a surprise...yall n*ggaz gonna suck....
Thought that s**t was obvious though
 6 years ago '05        #7689
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
oh s**t thread jacked :party3:

if my dude Lex come in, its a wrap :banana:

Last edited by Deeangoe; 07-28-2010 at 07:36 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #7690
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
omg who has twitter

did jacory really say this to brandon washington

@B_Wash72 - you cant run fast in practice, but you ran a 4.3 40 at the buffet line??

07-30-2010, 04:47 PM         #7691
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eli Rogers clears the rumors
Eli Rogers along with his teammate Teddy Bridgewater both committed to the University of Miami in June. Eli Rogers the talented 5′10 170 lb receiver out of Miami’s Northwestern is a phenom at his position. Rogers came on late at the end of the 2009 season after having to split a lot of his catches with Michael Lee Harris. Rogers ended up finishing the year with 35 receptions for 551 yards and 11 touchdowns.

What impresses me about Rogers is the way he comes out of his breaks and runs his routes. Eli comes out of all of his routes in the same fashion no matter what route he is running. He can run a slant ,curl or a post and the defensive back will never know what he’s doing because his footwork never gives away the route. His short choppy steps enable him to cut and stop on a dime with ease.

Despite Eli’s height, he was still targeted in the red zone on a number of occasions, and he always came through in the clutch. Playing for the Bulls you know he can perform against the best competition in 6A football. I love the way he goes after the ball, and if you leave him in space forget about it your not getting him down.
HSN got a chance to catch up with Eli and ask him a few questions.

HSN: Eli there have been some rumors going around that even though you verbally committed to the Canes you may still end up signing somewhere else at the end of the recruiting process? How would you like to address those rumors?

Eli Rogers: Cane Fans do not have to worry. That is a false rumor. I’m going to the University of Miami. There is nothing else to be said. I’m a Cane.

HSN: Eli, Teddy and yourself appear to be pretty good friends. Can you tell us about a funny experience that the two of you have had?

Eli Rogers: Teddy and I are very close. Every practice Teddy and I make fun of each other every chance we get and we always have a great time.

HSN: Tell us a little bit about your experience during the 7 on 7 camps. Have you met any other players from South Florida? If so have you spoken to any of them about joining you at Miami?

Eli Rogers: 7 on 7 camps are great. You get to know your quarterback even more. The competition is great and you get to go against the best players in the nation, which only makes you better. Teddy and I have met so many great players who are just waiting to take visits to the University of Miami. We are going to have a great recruiting class.

HSN: We are hearing that Teddy Bridgewater is doing his best to recruit for the canes. What are some of the things you’ve seen him talk about with other players.?

Eli Rogers: We basically talk to the same players at the same time. Teddy and I tell them that University of Miami is a huge family and not just a college to play football at. The people we talk to always talk about the “Swag” of Miami and how much they like it.

HSN: In the 7 on 7’s you’ve played with some of the best players across the nation. Who has impressed you from all the talent you’ve seen over the past few months.
Eli Rogers: Demetrius Hart, He was very explosive when he touched touched the ball. Teddy and I talked to him a lot when we were in Oregon for the 7 on 7 tournament. Demetrius, told us that he was leaning towards Alabama.

HSN: Phillip Dorsett just recently committed to the Canes. He is the second receiver in this class besides yourself. Have you gotten a chance to speak with him yet?

Eli Rogers: Yeah me and Phil are really good friends. We always talk about football and life in general. He is excited to come to Miami.

HSN: Tell us the fans something that we may not know about Eli Rodgers? What would surprise people about you?

Eli Rogers: I love being the go to guy in a critical moment in games. I love when the ball is in my hands, I can do so many things with my speed and athleticism. I live for those big moments.

HSN: Do you think you can come in and start right away at Miami? What jersey number do you want to wear?

Eli Rogers: Nothing is promised. I just know that I’m going to come in and work extra hard to try to make that happen. I think I have a good chance of seeing the field. I would like to wear 15 or 1.

HSN: Who was your favorite team growing up and who were some of your favorite players as a kid?

Eli Rogers: I grew up watching the Miami Hurricanes. Devin Hester, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor were my favorite Miami players. I also like watching Jahvid Best, and Desean Jackson, and Percy Harvin. I model my game after those guys.

HSN: Are you a weight room warrior or do you prefer to get your reps on the field instead?
Eli Rogers: I’m a weight room warrior. I love lifting weights and watching how it takes effect on the field in key moments.

HSN: As you know there are a number of Northwestern players on the current Miami roster are you friends with any of them? Do you have any stories about some of the current Miami players when they were still Northwestern Bulls.

Eli Rogers: I’m very close to all the former Bulls on the Cane roster. I can’t wait to be along side of them again. All the former Bulls still on keep in contact with us making sure that we are working hard. I remember there was a time in the locker room at half time when Jacory and others took charge and really made everyone push themselves to win the game.

HSN: Talk a little bit about last years game against Central on ESPN? Was it fun to play on National Television. Supposedly Vernon Carey (the dolphins linemen) went crazy in your locker room. Can you talk about that?

Eli Rogers: I love playing in the spotlight. Especially when the whole nation is watching you. I liked playing Central, but I really didn’t care who my opponent was that night. We had a mission to win and that is what we did (Miami Northwestern 22 – Miami Central 14). Veron Carey was very emotional at half time when he found out that we were down. He came into the locker room and gave us a very good talk and got us all hyped up. Veron really helped us out.

HSN: Miami will be playing Florida, Ohio State, and Notre Dame in the next few years as well as FSU and Virginia Tech. Is there a game that you are really looking forward to playing in?

Eli Rogers: 2013. Enough said. I can’t wait to play the University of Florida. They are a huge instate rival and it should be a great game.

HSN: Will you still be taking your visits or is it a done deal?

Eli Rogers: I’m a Cane. The rumor is totally false! I’m still going to take my visits because I want the experience.
HSN: Do you think Northwestern can go back to the State Championship this year?

Eli Rogers: Yes, I think we need to work even harder because everyone is aiming for us. We defintely have the talent to win the state championship again. We just need to continue to work hard at practice.

HSN: Thank you Eli for your time and good luck at the University of Miami!

Eli Rogers: Thanks Kyle.
 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM         #7692
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Todd Barr Talks Schools
Todd Barr is a highly rated defensive end from Lakewood,CA. He has a quick first step and is a threat to every quarterback he faces. He really fires off the ball hard and has an arsenal of pass-rushing moves. His lateral quickness allows him to slide down the line and make plays. Barr had 87 tackles and 32 of those were for a loss of yards. He put the quarterback on his back 12 times.

Todd Barr doesn’t have the ideal size of a defensive end or tackle, but he defnitely is a threat no matter where he lines up on the D-line. Here is a video we found that explains what we are talking about.

HSN caught up with Todd Barr and asked him a couple of questions.

Thank you for sitting down with us at HSN. “It is a pleasure”

HSN: You have 27 college choices according to rivals. When do you decide to name a top 10 or top 5? Is Miami in the top 10?

Todd Barr: I’m actually in the process of doing it now. I’m going to announce it real soon. I have been talking about it with my parents and my coaches. Yes, Miami is definitely in the top 10 no doubt.”

HSN: When wil you be visiting Miami? What draws your interest towards Miami?

Todd Barr: Sometime in August, I think my mom already has the plane tickets. I waited because coach Petri asked me to wait for all the coaches to come back before I come for a visit so I think it is sometime in late August. I like coach Barrow a lot, and coach Petri is a real nice guy.

HSN: Does the city life help make your decision?

Todd Barr: Yes it does.

HSN: Do you like the direction Miami’s program is going in right now?

Todd Barr: I didn’t get a Chance to watch them this past year , but I know from previous seasons that they have always been good.

HSN: Do you play Xbox? NCAA Football? What team do you pick?

Todd Barr: Yes I play. I pick Miami because of their fast defense. I also play with Texas and LSU.

HSN: You’re the 8<sup>th</sup> best defensive end according to rivals. What is holding you back from being #1?

Todd Barr: Size is a big deal. For one a lot of analysts have said that I lack the ideal size for either defensive end or a tackle. I’m not the 6’5 or 6’6 type of guy, and I’m not the 315 lb guy to be a defensive tackle either. I’m more in between.

HSN: It is the offseason. What does Todd Barr have to improve before next season or before college?

Todd Barr: Speed, I wan to to get faster of course, because the faster you are the faster you can make plays. Pad level, and Strength are very important.

HSN: Will you be fully qualified to gain academic acceptance? Are all your test scores where they need to be?

Todd Barr: Yes I will be, I have a 3.75 GPA. I’m still waiting on my SAT score.

HSN: “Barr does not have the ideal height to play defensive end, and he may not have the frame to add enough weight in the power base to switch to defensive tackle. Barr definitely needs to be more consistent with his pad level at the point of attack.” What is your response to this?

Todd Barr: I know I have to work on my pad level. I have a fast jump and I’m always quick to stand up and react to where the ball is at. It is a habit. I need to work on that knowing I will be double teamed next year.

HSN: People are saying if you went to Miami that you would play defensive tackle. What position would you like to play? defensive end or defensive tackle?

Todd Barr: “3 technique defensive tackle, because coach Barrow told me that is where they will be needing help and I would love to help the team anyway I can.”

HSN:Have you been to any camps over the summer Has there been any other players that have stood out to you?

Todd Barr: I have been to the USC O-Line and D-Line camp. Marcus Martin from Crenshaw stood out to me. He has a lot of strength and he is a great pass blocker. He has long arms and once he gets those hands on you he just keeps his extension and it is very hard to go anywhere.

HSN: What are your Goals for this upcoming season?

Todd Barr: I want improve my stats, and lead my team to a State Championship”

HSN: If I went to Lakewood, California where should I go to eat? hangout? shop?

Todd Barr: To eat I would go to Blue Seals and the hangout would probably be the beach. Every one loves the beach. Oh and I would shop at Jack’s Sports Shop.

HSN: Should we be Expecting you in a Miami Uniform?

Todd Barr: I wish I had an answer. But right now I do not.

HSN: Thanks for sitting down and answering some questions for us.

Todd Barr: No problem.

Now That we know that Miami is in his top 10. I’m pretty confident that we will be in his top 5 and be one of the final schools that he chooses between at the end.
 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM         #7693
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jabari Gorman interview
HSN got a chance to spend some time with Jabari Gorman this past week. Jabari could very well be the best defensive back in all of Dade County. Here is a transcript of an interview with the star.

HSN: Jabari when do you think you will be making your decision on your future school?

Jabari Gorman: I’m not sure whenever I feel its the school for me

HSN: I know you play mostly safety at Pace, apparanetly Miami is recruiting you more as a corner. Do you have any problem making the switch?

Jabari Gorman: No I’m comfortable playing either position.

HSN: What position do you feel you are better at corner or safety?

Jabari Gorman: I feel I can play either position without any problems.

HSN: What is your 40 time ?

Jabari Gorman: I run between a 4.4 and a 4.6.

HSN: Miami has a long history of defensive backs from Pace. Maurice Sikes, Lovon Ponder, and Damarcus Van Dyke**** all wore the orange and green. Could you see yourself as the next player on that list?

Jabari Gorman: If I sign with Miami I feel I could continue that streak, but I feel I can be great at whatever school I choose.

HSN: Who is your favorite player and someone you compare your game to?

Jabari Gorman: Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, and Asante Samuel

HSN: What is your relationship with Stephen Morris? Do you have any friends on the current canes roster besides Stephen?

Jabari Gorman: Yes, I’m great friends with Stephen Morris, I’m also friends with Allen Hurns and DVD.

HSN: Who do you think is the hardest receiver in Dade County to lock down?

Jabari Gorman: Probably Eli Rodgers

HSN: Do you want to wear a specific number in college?

Jabari Gorman: I’d like to wear either #1 or #8.

HSN: What part of your game could you use work on?

Jabari Gorman: I always want to improve on every part of my game. Thats why I feel I’ve been so successful.

HSN: Do you prefer to break up a pass or to lay the wood over the middle?

Jabari Gorman: I prefer to hit someone because its in me.I feel if you come through my way its disrespectful to me so you pay for that.

HSN: Do you consider yourself a finesse player or a physical player?

Jabari Gorman: Strictly physical

HSN: What are your top schools that your considering right now?

Jabari Gorman: The U, Alabama, Ohio St, LSU, but all of that can change its real hard to make a decision.

HSN: Well thank you for your time Jabari and good luck this upcoming season
 07-30-2010, 04:54 PM         #7694
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Q&A with Phillip Dorsett
Phillip Dorsett out of powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas is a shifty slot receiver that has a second gear. Dorsett’s style of play is very similar to Tacoi Sumler, a receiver prospect previewed earlier. Dorsett finished the 2009 season with 30 receptions 594 yards and 9 touchdowns. He also made a number of big plays in some nationally televised games this past season.
HSN: Phillip who is your current leader in the recruiting process?

Phillip Dorsett: Miami is my current leader.

HSN: Do you see yourself playing at the same school as your teammate Rashad Greene?

Phillip Dorsett: Rashad and I talk about it so its a possibility

HSN: . Former St. Thomas Aquinas alumni Leonard Hankerson will probably be a first day draft pick. Could you see yourself following in his footsteps as the next great receiver from your school?

HSN: You have a knack for making big catches over the middle of the field with no fear. Is that your biggest strength?

Phillip Dorsett: My biggest strength is making plays with the ball in my hands I like to break tackles and get in the endzone.

HSN: What coaches at Miami are involved in your recruiting process?

Phillip Dorsett: I talk to coach Hill and coach Stoutland a lot.

HSN:Do you have any friends on the current University of Miami team?

Phillip Dorsett: We have 4 players on the team that are going to be freshmen. I’m close with all of them.

HSN: Teddy Bridgewater is now a Cane would you like the opportunity to play all four of your years with a quarterback of his caliber?

Phillip Dorsett: It would be great to play with a QB of that caliber because he is similar to Jacory Harris.

HSN: Who do you model your game over?

Phillip Dorsett: I model my game after Percy Harvin and Desean Jackson.

HSN: There are a number of D1 prospects at St. Thomas Aquinas this season. Have you guys talked about all signing together with the same school?

Phillip Dorsett: We talk about it but its not likely.

HSN: What do you currently have playing in your ipod?

Phillip Dorsett: Gucci Mane

HSN: Phillip good luck this season, and I hope to see you in a canes uniform.
 6 years ago '07        #7695
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
props given
 6 years ago '06        #7696
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12018 12018
Shoddell says that Collier and Wesley have been kicked off the team

:wow: :wow: :wow:

sad to see Pimp Go but he got so many chances off the feild

even tho i thought he was a problem and made some nice plays for us

we got Streeter, Thompkins and Davon Johnson ready
 6 years ago '05        #7697
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
Shoddell says that Collier and Wesley have been kicked off the team

:wow: :wow: :wow:

sad to see Pimp Go but he got so many chances off the feild

even tho i thought he was a problem and made some nice plays for us

we got Streeter, Thompkins and Davon Johnson ready
word on rivals is that its becuz they were academic ineligible but damn didnt know know they were gonna get kicked off
 6 years ago '05        #7698
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Collier: Staff is weighing options for Collier. It has been known for quite some time that kid had academic related problems in Spring BEFORE the death of his son. 2 options. RS or take year off.

Wesley: He is a 5th yr Senior. Was 6th DE in Depth Chart. Grade Rumor not confirmed but if the kid has graduated he is gone. No one has any credible info on the Grade Rumor which was started by only one person. If I were to GUESS, I would say he has graduated after this summer and kid was asked to leave to make room.

Futch: Rumor that he missed several classes which Randy hates. Not Grade issure but missing classes. Will miss FAMU game.

Reliable poster on scout boards...tifww
 07-30-2010, 11:37 PM         #7699
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DB Wayne Lyons Looking to Trim List
July 25, 2010

Fort Lauderdale Dillard High School DB Wayne Lyons says he's narrowed down his list of favorites. But, for Lyons, "narrowed down" is a relative term. "I've narrowed it down to a top 14," Lyons said. "It was by the interest level I have in the schools, are they schools I'll still consider." Lyons has the 14 listed in alphabetical order tacked to a board in his house.

The lucky 14? He rattles them off by looking at the board. "Miami, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, UCLA, Stanford, USF, South Carolina, Mississippi, Notre Dame and Vanderbilt," he says. "They're all pretty even. I've seen most of the schools already." The ones he hasn't seen: Auburn, Nebraska and UCLA. "I'm not sure how I'll visit there - it could be official or unofficial," Lyons said. He also says he may get to Miami soon - "probably for a practice," he says.

Lyons lists 50 total scholarship offers. He says the next step in his recruitment is cutting his list to a more manageable five schools. "I want to do that during the season when I decide what visits I want to go on," he said. Asked if Miami will be in there, he says, "I'm not sure." What's most important to him in a college? "Just the feeling I get - the environment," Lyons said. "That's most important. And the chance for playing time - that's not a huge factor, but I don't want my position to be stacked."

* Lyons says he's "really cool with" current Canes Brandon McGee and Keion Payne.

" They tell me it's a good place to be, they like it a lot there," Lyons said.
 07-30-2010, 11:38 PM         #7700
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OL Max Lang Wants to Stay in the South
July 30, 2010

Orlando (FL) Boone High School OL Max Lang lists the Hurricanes among his 16 scholarship offers.

"Miami is in the picture," he says. "We're thinking about taking a visit to Miami, but I'm not sure when."

Lang has already taken several other visits.

"I'm visiting schools all over the place to figure out (which schools to narrow it down to)," Lang said. "I just went to South Florida and Duke, went to Texas Tech, will visit Louisville and Miami. I've also visited other schools for junior days."

Of what's important to him in a college program, Lang said, "the main thing for me is the coaching. I want to meet the coaches and see who I'll be with for a while. That's the main thing for me. And facilities are important, things like that. I like to hear how they sell the school. It's a business, so it's a big deal to have one on ones, especially with the head coach."

Lang says he's getting plenty of mail from UM, but hasn't talked much with the coaches.

He says he's looking for a college not too far from his hometown.

"I'd like to stay in the south," Lang said. "Oklahoma or Texas is the farthest I'd go."

Lang says he landed his UM offer in the spring.

"Their offensive line coach (Jeff Stoutland) came down and watched me practice," Lang said. "They were impressed, I guess, so they offered off that."

Lang says he has no frontrunners right now.

"I'll take my visits, take them all in and see what I like and don't like and write it down on paper," he said. "Then I'll have my frontrunner."

How will he arrive at a final decision?

"I'll take as many unofficial visits as I can, take my officials to the better schools and then that'll be it - after the five officials, I'll decide like that," Lang said. "But (a decision) might come earlier than the official visits. It just depends."
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago