Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
71 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
51 comments
@news
most viewed right now
OT Have you noticed when athletes drink alcohol after a c..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM         #7641
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Columbus defensive end Anthony Rabasa is focusing in on six schools at this time. The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder lists Miami, Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, LSU, and UCLA as the schools he is most interested in right now.
“Those are the schools I feel most comfortable with and schools I would definitely consider going to,” said Rabasa.

There is no rush for Rabasa on making a decision, as he’s still up in the air on when a commitment will come from him.

“I really don’t know, I just want to see the schools,” said Rabasa. “As soon as I can do that, that’s when I’ll make a decision.”

Rabasa has already eyed the hometown Hurricanes numerous times, but to finish out July he plans to visit two more schools.

“I’m going to Florida the 23rd, and I’m going up to Notre Dame the 28th.”

Rabasa expanded on his trip to South Bend to check out the Irish.

“I’m very excited to see the school, I’ve heard good things about it, the coaches are very excited to have me up there. They have a whole agenda planned out for me, just meet everybody, and do a few fun things with them.

“So, it should be very interesting and I should get a good feel for Notre Dame. I hope that take an official up there and have a better time and experience a game and all of that good stuff.”

The goal for Rabasa when picking a school is simple, find a program that is ready to win while he is on campus.

“I really want to see a good program, steady, everything is obviously good and getting better over the years. So by the time I’m there it’s a very good program competing for a national championship.”

Throughout the whole recruiting process Rabasa has met and built relationships with plenty of coaches across the country. He went on to discuss what a.ssistants stand out in his mind so far.

“Definitely Coach Coley from FSU, him and I talk a lot, we joke around, he’s a real good recruiter. He knows what he’s doing, he could sell anything to anybody. He definitely knows what he’s doing.

“Coach Barrow is also a great guy, him and I talk a lot. Especially when Denzel (Perryman) and I go down to see him, great guy, great recruiter. Coach Gonzales at LSU is a great recruiter. He was down there at Florida so he knows the job. Coach Howard from UCLA, those are the ones that stand out.”

Putting recruiting aside, Rabasa is also focused on capping a great career at Columbus with a strong senior season. He is looking to just continue to improving his play on the field moving forward.

“Individually, obviously have a better season than I had last year. There is always room for improvement, always more sacks, more tackles, fumble recoveries and interceptions. Overall, being a better athlete on the field, because as I get older I’m getting bigger, stronger, and faster.”
 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM         #7642
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brandon Harris: Marcus Forston “is taking it very serious”
by Jorge Milian
A few notes from today’s gabfest at UM with Leonard Hankerson, Jacory Harris and Brandon Harris:

…..Defensive tackle Marcus Forston barely played last season, but he was the player Brandon Harris first mentioned when asked what defensive player is poised for a break-out season. Forston started the season opener against Florida State and played briefly against Georgia Tech and Oklahoma before undergoing undisclosed surgery and missing the rest of the season. Forston redshirted and has three years of eligibility remaining. “He’s been working very hard during the summer and is taking it very serious,” said Harris, an all-ACC cornerback. “Everyone can see his hard work and determination is ready to pay off. Forston, he brings a lot to the table. He’s a momentum changer, can make the big plays in the run game (and) is a great pass rusher. A lot of people don’t realize how much energy he brings to the defense. He’s a guy that gets everyone fired up. He’s a guy the defense can rally around when he’s playing really well.”

Graig Cooper will play this season according to Jacory Harris.

….Hankerson said he’s caught between 4,000 and 5,000 passes this summer. As he did last year, Hankerson has spent much off the offseason working with former Dolphin Mark Duper. Duper helped turn Hankerson from a receiver that dropped as many balls as he caught to one that could be vying for All-American honors this season. Hankerson said he’s brought a couple of UM teammates along to work with Duper. “I bring out the balls and we work out,” Hankerson said.

….Jacory Harris is very confident that running back Graig Cooper, who sustained a serious knee injury in the Champs Sports Bowl, will play this season. “I’m certain that he will help us this year,” Harris said. “Cooper is a guy that as soon as the injury occurred, finished with surgery, the next day or so he was in there trying to rehab, doing everything to get better. Just looking at him, his spirits are high, he’s doing everything he has to do. He’s basically fearless. For a guy coming off an injury such as that, I really commend him, He’s confident in his leg, is moving around, but I’m sure he’s not 100 percent.”

….Running back Damien Berry is one of the most humble players on UM’s roster. Some reporters complain that interviewing Berry is frustrating because, no matter the question, he usually spends most of the answer praising his linemen and teammates. But when it comes to his dad, former UM defensive back and current Berean Christian coach Kenny Berry, Damien has no trouble letting out the trash talk. Asked by Canesport.com. who is the better player, Damien responded: “I’m bigger than my dad. He was faster. But I think I’m the all-around athlete. I went from defense to offense. He went from offense to defense. I mean, come on! You don’t really have to think to go tackle somebody. On offense you have to know where you’re going. I think I’m the better athlete.” Damien also joked that if his dad were to try to tackle him, “I would probably break his shoulder bone of something.”
 07-15-2010, 08:02 AM         #7643
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jacory Harris slipped into a green and orange University of Miami collared shirt Wednesday and ambled to the podium during the Hurricanes' first news conference heading into the 2010 football preseason.
Six months after undergoing ligament surgery on his right thumb, Harris conceded that the pain of missing spring practice was even worse than the pain of playing much of the season injured.

``I feel like that was the worst time in my life because I can't imagine not being able to play football again,'' Harris said. ``I'm the type of person that always thinks the worst. I was thinking, `Oh man! When I get ready to throw, my thumb isn't going to be healthy. I won't be able to throw the same anymore. I won't be able to grip the ball.'

``But as soon as I touched the football, after about five passes, it felt good.''

Well, not that good.

Harris said he began throwing again in late May and acknowledged that the rehabilitation process has been gradual.

``I wouldn't say it's 100 percent, but it's getting there,'' he said. ``I will tell you I'll be ready for the season, so that's not going to hold me back at all.''

UM, 9-4 in 2009, is ranked by many preseason publications among the nation's top 15.The Canes open play Sept. 2 at home against Florida A&M, before a four-game k!ller stretch at Ohio State, at Pittsburgh, at Clemson and back home for Florida State.

Harris, a 6-4, 195-pound junior, is fired up for the first day of camp Aug. 5.

``We believe we can go a long way this season with everyone we have and everyone who came back. We want to take each day one day at a time and learn the different little things it takes to become a national contender. We're not there yet. We're not national contenders for anything. We lost our last game, so it's like we're basically going off of some type of invisible hype.

``We haven't done anything yet.''

The Hurricanes lost the Champs Sports Bowl on Dec. 29 to Wisconsin, a 20-14 flop in which Harris was sacked five times. The Canes allowed 35 sacks during the season -- ranked 100th of 120 Football Bowl Subdivision teams. Harris completed 242 of 406 passes for 3,352 yards and 24 touchdowns. He ranked 30th nationally in passing efficiency and 40th in total offense, becoming the first Miami quarterback since Ken Dorsey in 2002 to surpass 3,000 yards.

INTERCEPTIONS HURTBut he also threw 17 interceptions.

Wednesday, he said the ``common factor'' in those interceptions ``was me trying to get rid of the ball before I get hit. I would see a receiver open, but I couldn't make the play, couldn't make the throw I wanted to make because of me about to get hit. And sometimes it was just some stupid decision. I still had enough time to make a throw. It wasn't a fear.''

Harris injured the thumb Nov. 14 when he banged his throwing hand against a helmet during the first quarter at North Carolina. He played at times with a protective covering.

``I thought my thumb would just heal, you know, how it's supposed to be,'' he said before the bowl game. ``But maybe something else is wrong with it. I've just gotten used to [the pain].''

He said the thumb didn't bother him against Wisconsin because ``it was cold and I really didn't feel my hand. The only thing that bothered me throughout the season was it changed the way I throw. You know how [Tennessee Titans quarterback] Vince Young throws the ball, how it come off [from the side]? I had to start throwing the ball like that because I couldn't really squeeze, and I'm usually an over-the-top guy.

``I have it back. I'm able to grip the ball and do everything that I need throwing wise and getting snaps from under center. I'm healthy.''

RECEIVERS READYJoining Harris on Wednesday were senior receiver Leonard Hankerson and junior cornerback Brandon Harris. Hankerson, a potential first-round NFL Draft choice, looked extremely fit and bigger than last season. He said he worked out the whole summer again with former Miami Dolphin Mark Duper.

``I've caught 4,000 to 5,000 balls already,'' said Hankerson, who along with a talented crop of receivers works regularly with Harris and backup quarterbacks A.J. Highsmith, Stephen Morris and Spencer Whipple. ``I'm doing the same things over and over. That's the key. When it gets easy, you don't slack off. That's when you know you've become great at it.

``Physically, [Jacory] is looking great. We have high expectations.''

Brandon Harris said he and his young teammates got a little ahead of themselves last year after starting out with wins in five of their first six games -- including FSU, Georgia Tech and Oklahoma.

``We got caught up in winning some big-time games on national TV,'' he said. ``We didn't respond well coming back and kind of got a little relaxed.

``[Consistency] comes with experience and maturity and I think that's something this group really has. We've been there and done that. We've made the proper adjustments and corrections, and we're ready to move forward now.''
 07-15-2010, 03:40 PM         #7644
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Five still alive for 5 star Wilder

Keith Niebuhr
GatorBait.net

People who come across five-star Tampa (Fla.) Plant athlete James Wilder Jr. at a camp or seven-on-seven event typically have the same response after seeing his ridiculously chiseled physique. "We get the 'Wows,' " Plant coach Robert Weiner said.”If he takes his shirt off, it's like the fireworks show started."

The 6-foot-2, 217-pound Wilder, ranked No. 3 in the Rivals100, is the high school version of Mr. Olympia. His calves are incredibly thick. His chest is ripped. And his arms not only are huge, but have veins protruding from every corner of them.

Now for the part that might surprise you: Wilder isn't a gym veteran. He said he didn't start working out until he was 14. And even then, it wasn't with weights. He did pushups and pull-ups. "He works really hard when he comes in (to the weight room), but he's still a neophyte when it comes to weight training," Weiner said.

On Tuesday afternoon at Plant, Wilder, who plays running back and defensive end for the Panthers but appears set on being a tailback in college, talked about his recruitment -- and his training regiment -- with Gatorbait.net.

First, the latest on where he stands …

According to Wilder, his favorites (in no order) are Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Miami. For some time, he thought he'd commit in July. Now, he's not so sure. "I haven't visited half the schools yet," he said. On Wednesday, Wilder will take an unofficial trip to Georgia, where he will spend a few days. Next week, Wilder will be in Gainesville -- a place he has stopped by often -- to attend Friday Night Lights.

While Wilder said he might not commit until this fall, Weiner didn't rule out a pledge coming sooner. "I think it will be toward the end of the summer," Weiner said. "He's going to see everything he needs to see by then."

In the weight room, Wilder can escape his sometimes hectic recruitment. He said he works out four-to-five days a week. Tuesday afternoon, he focused on his upper body. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to work his legs much recently because of a minor injury. "I've got a strained back," Wilder said. "I can't do any lower body right now. In two weeks, I should be fine."

Wilder probably couldn't get much more cut, but in truth that's not really his intent anyway. In the weight room, he has a few simple goals he is trying to achieve. One of them is simply to maintain what he already has. The other is to work on his shoulders. "Your shoulders take a lot of pounding when you're a running back," Wilder said. "I try to work on my weak points."

Wilder began Tuesday's workout by doing curls. Then, he moved to the military press. Next came shrugs (Wilder carried two 45-pound weights approximately 100 yards one way, then walked back still holding them). Before long, he was on the bench, which he called his gym favorite. According to Wilder, he typically warms up with 12 repetitions at 185 pounds. Next, he does 225 eight times. To wrap things up, he lifts 285 four times.

On weekends, you can often find him running on Tampa's Bayshore Boulevard. "I try to keep it balanced," Wilder said. It helps, of course, that Wilder has pretty good genes. His father, James Wilder Sr., was a star running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His mom, Barbara Wilder, ran track when she was younger.

"You've got to see my mom," Wilder said. "She's definitely fit." If Wilder needs to improve one thing, it's probably his diet. He claimed he eats "regular" food, but Weiner, while smiling, said that wasn't entirely true. "He has a Cap'n Crunch diet," the coach said. One would never know it. In the weight room alongside members of a program that has won two straight state championships, Wilder was a man among boys. That, however, is pretty typical.
 6 years ago '05        #7645
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289

[video - click to view]

this video is all jokes

gators beatdown
ethnic sands sonnin the temple secondary
andre johnson td at wvu GOAT status :agreement6:
andre johnson period
the sean taylor reverse punt return td
the syracuse qb duck pass - maurice sikes int td return

Last edited by Deeangoe; 07-15-2010 at 06:40 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #7646
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 584 584
McGahee was a monster, i wonder how good of a pro he would of been had he not got hurt. My fav player had a few highlights himself (Parrish).
 6 years ago '04        #7647
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
that team was a national champion....for 5 seconds:(
 6 years ago '05        #7648
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
that team was a national champion....for 5 seconds:(
what i wanna know is who the hell was the offensive coordinator....becuz roscoe ran that s**t back to what it appears was the 25-30 yard line....you mean to tell me with more than a minute left we couldnt possibly drive to win

conservative as f**k

Last edited by Deeangoe; 07-15-2010 at 09:31 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #7649
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
what i wanna know is who the hell was the offensive coordinator....becuz roscoe ran that s**t back to what it appears was the 25-30 yard line....you mean to tell me with more than a minute left we couldnt possibly drive to win

conservative as f**k
i think it was chudzinski

ohio state's D was lights out that night, plus we lost mcgahee. coaches just wanted to play it safe and take our chances in OT

to this day i still wonder why we didnt give the ball to jason geathers in OT, i wouldve rather seen him carry the ball than wack-ass jarrett payton
 6 years ago '07        #7650
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
dont relive that night for me

i wanted to murk some mothaf**kas
 6 years ago '07        #7651
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
good a.ss highlight video

the swag was beastly

endzone celebrations and all

these boys bout to bring that back
 07-17-2010, 10:02 AM         #7652
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fulse to Make Another Cut
Jul. 16, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Fort Meade tight end Brandon Fulse cut his list down to fifteen schools following spring football and later today, he will make another cut down to ten.

In the meantime, Florida, Florida State, Miami, USF, Auburn, Alabama, Texas Tech, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, West Virginia, North Carolina, Louisville, and Tennessee, all remain in the running.

Other than the upcoming cut, Fulse (6-4, 250) doesn’t have too much of an idea about his upcoming recruiting plans.

“Every one of the fifteen schools is doing a good job recruiting me but a few have been doing an excellent job,” Fulse said. “I want to visit all of them but I can’t do that. I’m definitely taking official visits but I don’t know where yet. I might be ready to commit by November 3rd but I might have to wait after that.”

Fulse didn’t specify if Miami was doing a good job or an excellent job, but he did say he’s been in contact with the Canes lately.

“Things are good with Miami, I talked to Coach Petri like two weeks ago,” Fulse said. “He always tells me about their tradition, me coming to play for them, and coming to visit this summer. Yea, I’m trying to make plans to visit again.”

Fulse always has and always will consider Miami his favorite team, and he believes that this could be the year that they finally strike gold.

“I would still like Miami even if I wasn’t getting recruited by them, they’re always my favorite team to root for,” Fulse said. “I think they’re very close to being a great team again and Jacory Harris will have a good year. If he stays injury free, I think they’re going to win the ACC championship.”

In an effort to look deeper into each school he has under consideration, Fulse has recently been doing research into how they all have utilized their tight ends over the years.

“When I look at the school, I go back into their history a little bit,” Fulse said. “Some coaches tell me that they get the tight ends the ball but when I look it up, they really don’t. I do the research so I can ask the right questions when they come up.”

Fulse continued on to a couple schools in particular and what he noticed about their results at the tight end position.

“Well obviously I know about the history of tight ends at Miami,” Fulse said. “I know that they get tight ends the ball, I mean Jeremy Shockey and all those guys went first round. I don’t even need to need to research Miami like that because I know their history. With Florida State, I checked into Coach Jimbo Fisher when he was at LSU. They got the ball to the tight ends a decent amount. A couple schools out there are better with that and a couple schools, I haven’t heard anything about their tight ends.”
 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM         #7653
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fort Pierce Central defensive end Giorgio Newberry has quickly become a wanted man. He has over 34 offers to his name. So far Newberry is not giving away too many hints about which team holds the edge. Earlier today, FlaVarsity caught up Newberry. We found out which teams currently hold the edge, what visits could be coming up, and when a final decision could actually happen.

When it comes to recruiting, many hopeful Division I prospects worry about receiving 'the' offer they've been waiting for. However, Fort Pierce Central DE Giorgio Newberry will not have that problem. He holds big time offers from the likes of Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Michigan, not to mention offers from all of the big three in the sunshine state with Florida, FSU and Miami all pushing hard for the 6-foot-6, 255 pound standout. At this point, those schools will have to wait a little while before Newberry makes his choice.

"I haven't added too many new offers. I plan on trimming my list to 10 teams very soon. The main criteria I'll look for is how comfortable I'll be playing there for four years, coaching stability, competing for championships, and how they develop players as a coaching staff."

Newberry also admitted that most of his official visits will be out-of-state programs. But which schools could possibly be in his visit plans?

"I would say Tennessee and LSU are recruiting me the hardest with the out of state teams. I talk with Coach Gonzales from LSU quite often and have a good connection with him. He's trying to get me to come over for a visit very soon. I know they have a summer camp coming up, but because of me taking college classes, I probably won't be able to make it at this time. LSU will be a school I take an official visit too though. Clemson, Alabama, and Tennessee are also places I want to take an official visit."

While the out of state programs battle it out, they appear to have their work cut out for them.

"I would say the Big Three , (Florida, FSU and Miami) all standout the most. I feel very comfortable with the staff for each one and all have done a great job at developing players."

Ready for FNL
While Newberry won't be able to attend LSU next weekend, he will make an appearance at the Friday Night Lights event at the University of Florida. He admits to being pretty anxious about seeing how he stacks up against the top talent.

"I plan on being at Friday Night Lights. I'm really excited about it because that's the best of the best. I went last year and had a lot of fun. I don't really feel pressure coming into this event despite knowing there's a lot of four or five star talent. You can't focus on the names, but more along the lines that they are just another lineman or player you're going against. It's an opportunity to see how much the hard work has paid off and get some very good coaching from the Florida staff."

The Gators have long been a team strongly in the mix and over the past few months Newberry has built a quick bond with Florida a.ssistant coach D.J. Durkin.

"Florida only recruits the best, so to get an offer from them was very important to me. I talk with Coach Durkin often and he just talks about how I could fit into their system."

Dropping by Tallahassee
Before a trip to the Friday Night Lights takes place, Newberry will take in the second session of the Jimbo Fisher Football Camp at Florida. Newberry doesn't plan to participate, but more along the lines use this visit as a chance to catch up with the FSU coaches and get to know them a little better. The trip to Tallahassee will be his third this off-season.

"Yeah, I'm going to visit FSU next week. They are holding their summer camp and I wanted to see the coaching staff again. Every time I visit there, it feels at home. This visit will give me an opportunity to talk with Coach Stoops about how they would use me in their defense. Their for defensive ends is intriguing because I'm interested in getting on the field pretty early."

With so many new Florida State coaches, Newberry has already started to build a good connection with some of the new hires on the defensive side of the ball, as well as 1st year head coach Jimbo Fisher.

"Coach Fisher when he was at LSU recruited a player with a high upside in Tyson Jackson and that worked out very well for them and they see the same type of upside in me. I like Coach Stoops and feel comfortable around him. Coach Stoops has done a great job coaching wherever he's been, so I know what he brings to the table. I also speak quite often with Coach Elliot who is the defensive ends coach. This visit will give me a chance to ask a lot of questions."

Hometown team
Not to be outdone, the Miami Hurricanes are also a very strong option and are considered the 'home' team with the UM campus only a short drive away.

"Miami is close to home, so that's always a great thing. But at the same time, they put out a lot of future NFL stars. They do a tremendous job at developing their players and that's always impressed me about Miami."

We know that Newberry will take unofficial visits to Florida State and Florida, but what about Miami?

"I haven't been to Miami yet, but I will be going there for a visit in the summer I do know that. I just don't know the exact date yet. This is why I prefer taking all my official visits out-of-state because I can get over to Miami easily anytime I want. I like the Miami coaching staff, so I'm looking forward to seeing more once I take a visit in the summer."

So when can we expect a final decision on Neberry's college choice?

"I would say the plan is to have it during the season. I want to have a chance to see all the schools, but I would also say that once I the season begins I should have a leader. If I don't make a decision during the season, it will be a little later."
 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM         #7654
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Recruiting Blog: 7/17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Georgia held their prospect showcase camp on Friday night and one of the top standouts was 4-star DE prospect Anthony Chickillo. At 6-3 and 230 pounds, Chickillo has become a national recruit and is currently favoring the Canes. He plans to attend Florida's prospect event next Friday night as well. His father played for Miami and is expected to be in this year's class. It's encouraging to see him doing so well during this offseason at various places.

* 4-star CB prospect Nick Waisome recently narrowed his list down to seven and Miami was on it. However, he told us two days ago that the Canes arent in his top five. That's probably because the Canes aren't recruiting him as hard as the others, like Florida. At 5-10, Waisome lacks ideal size and while he has an offer from the Canes, appears to be a backup plan to players like Robinsen Therezie and Jabari Gorman. The Canes already have a commitment from 4-star corner Albert Louis-Jean, a 6-1 kid from Mass.

* 4-star S prospect Marquise Lee is rated the top player in California at his position. USC and UCLA haven't offered him yet but pretty much everyone else, including Miami, has. He told Scout earlier this week that he plans to check out Miami at some point for an official visit. He's teammates with 5-star WR prospect George Farmer, another player who has an offer and plans to visit here later in the year. It's hard to tell how good Miami's chances will be until those kids visit here.

* 4-star WR prospect Sammy Watkins has Miami and Clemson at the top of his current list of favorites. He grew up a Miami fan and has become what appears to be a priority for the Canes. He plans on taking a second trip to Clemson very soon and my sources in SW FL are telling me that the Tigers have inched ahead of the Canes at this time. There's a lot of time left and Miami can still certainly land him but Clemson is a serious threat and is very much in the running.

* Speaking of Clemson, an interesting situation is developing there. QB Kyle Parker, who led the Tigers to a win over the Canes last season, was drafted high in last month's MLB Draft. However, he hasn't signed with the Rockies yet. They're offering him in the 1.3-mil range (slotted) but he's looking for more, according to my sources. While that's definitely still an option, he's still a Clemson Tiger and could return next season to be their starting quarterback. A final decision will be made before the start of their fall camp but Parker returning would really bolster Clemson's team, increasing their chances for a 10+ win season. That could play a role in the decision-making process of guys like Watkins, who Miami is competing for.
Scout.com - Florida
 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM         #7655
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nike 7-on-7 South Florida Finals Review
Jul. 17, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

MIRAMAR, Fla. -- There was plenty of competition in action Saturday at Miramar Regional Park for the Nike 7-on-7 South Florida Finals.

There were 12 teams in action--four each from Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.

Northwestern, led by UM commitments Teddy Bridgewater and Eli Rogers, defeated Glades Central, 40-34 in the championship game.

Class of 2011 Checklist

QB Teddy Bridgewater, Northwestern - Bridgewater played wide receiver the entire day catching 12 touchdown passes, the most of any player. He scored three times in the championship game showing off his athleticism and was virtually unguardable all day long. One reason he played wide receiver was to give teammate Elgin Hilliard, a rising junior, a chance to earn reps. Bridgewater took a couple playful jabs at Kelvin Benjamin telling him he should be joining him at Miami. Bridgewater will be taken his talents out west this week for the Elite 11, which he vows to show he's deserving of being the top-ranked quarterback in the nation.

WR Eli Rogers, Northwestern - Rogers was hampered by nagging injuries throughout the day and was not 100 percent, but still made his fair share of plays. Rogers did most of his work out of the slot, a role he'll a.ssume at Miami next season.

WR Kelvin Benjamin, Glades Central - Benjamin made some big plays particularly down the field including a very impressive one-handed catch over Bridgewater in the waning moments of the title game. Benjamin will only play in eight games this season because of his age, but is looking forward to being with his teammates as opposed to going to a prep school, an option he considered.

TE Nick O'Leary, Dwyer - O'Leary was productive, but not his usual dominant self as there was plenty of attention on him throughout the day. O'Leary has added over 20 pounds since the end of last season, but still looks very fluid running routes and should have a dominant senior campaign.

WR Shawn McClaine, Dwyer - McClaine (5-9, 160) is an under the radar prospect, who made a number of big plays in the open field and got free down the field as well. He's a player in the area that is looking to garner attention from college coaches in his final season.

Class of 2012 Checklist

WR Jaime Wilson, Glades Central - Wilson is making a strong case to be the area's top-ranked 2012 player as he showed excellent explosiveness with and without the ball. Wilson is a solid 6-foot receiver that has nothing, but bright things in store for his future. He's going to be able to excel with plenty of attention given to Benjamin this season.

DB Cre'von LeBlanc, Glades Central - LeBlanc has been looking very impressive in the summer 7-on-7 events and is one to watch this season. In one game, LeBlanc recorded three interceptions and finished with four on the day.

Class of 2013 Checklist

DB William Likley, Glades Central - Likley did a nice job on the offensive side of the ball catching short touchdown passes.
 07-18-2010, 02:19 AM         #7656
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Makes Cut With DT Peat
Jul. 18, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Defensive tackle Todd Peat Jr. from Corona Del Sol High in Tempe, Arizona, had always planned on cutting his list by the middle of the summer, and now he has done just that.

Peat (6-3, 295), a U.S. Army All-American selection, listed off the eight programs that still have a chance to reel him in.

“It’s pretty much even between Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska, Oregon State, Miami, Wake Forest, and Stanford,” Peat said. “They all have a good combination of football and academics and that’s something important to me. Eventually you can’t play football anymore so you might as well leave college with a good education. The other thing is that they’re all schools where the coaches have told me that I’ll have the opportunity to play early.”

Peat reviewed the schools he has seen already, the schools he is guaranteed to visit, and when he hopes to make his decision.

“I’ve been to Arizona State, Arizona, Wake Forest, Stanford, and Oregon State,” Peat said. “I’m actually not going to be able to see anymore schools until I start my official visits in September. Right now, Nebraska is the only school I know will be one of my officials for sure. I’m doing the Army All-American game so I want to commit there.”

Peat has always maintained that location will not put any limitations on his choice, but with both of the home state schools still in the running, he sees no potential drawbacks in staying close to home.

“Well it would be great having my family and friends seeing my college career,” Peat said. “I would have a great fanbase being a hometown kid so it would be nice. It’s not a huge factor but there’s nothing wrong with it either, not at all.”

Peat is very complimentary of linebackers coach Micheal Barrow and the way Miami has been recruiting him since they offered in late May.

“The coach recruiting me is Coach Barrow and he’s a real good guy,” Peat said. “He’s a players coach, and he played at Miami himself. He’s a really energetic guy and they’re doing a really good job recruiting me as of now. He tells me about the culture they have there, with the brotherhood, and how the players get treated right. He said the program has great tradition and I’ve seen the positive direction that they’re headed in.”

Peat continued on by mentioning that the academic side of Miami is the other main factor that attracts him to a future in Coral Gables.

“Yea everything that he (Coach Barrow) tells me is good for sure, but they’re also a good academics school too,” Peat said. “They’re one of the top academic schools in the ACC in a lot of areas. I really want to look and see where I would fit in at Miami, playing wise like who is in front of me and who they have right now.”

Peat didn’t put up huge numbers as a junior with 31 tackles and 4 sacks, but an injury limited him to just around half of the season.
 07-18-2010, 02:27 AM         #7657
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seantrel Henderson Speaks

Last December, Seantrel Henderson experienced a first.

Before basketball practice, he and his father, Sean, played a game of one-on-one. First one to 15 wins. With one flick of the wrist and pop of the net, Henderson had finally done it.

"He beat me for the first time," Sean Henderson said, disappointed yet also proud. "It was 15-13. I missed a couple jumpers, but he still beat me."

Father-son stories as such should dominate topics concerning the Hendersons, but often go unnoticed when talking about the nation's top high school football player, who is the prize of the Miami Hurricanes' 2010 recruiting class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The focus is mostly on how Henderson, a 6-foot-8, 350-pound tackle, was called attention-hungry for dragging out his recruitment, and his father supposedly using his son to further an aspiring career as a rap artist.

They say they are no different than any other tandem that grew up playing catch in the back yard.

"Me and my dad have a great relationship," said Seantrel Henderson, who played at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, Minn. "We're cool. We're a team. That's how I look at it."

Not everyone feels the same way.

Sean Henderson, 37, looks like Ludacris when he answers the door. His hair is braided. His shorts are baggy and he sports a silver chain. His youthful appearance could pass for a grad student.

The "elder" Henderson is a member of a rap group that has performed in the Minneapolis area for more than a decade. When Seantrel Henderson announced on National Signing Day he would attend USC, an ugly rumor began about the reasoning for the decision.

The buzz on Internet message boards across the country and local radio was Sean Henderson forced his son to sign with USC for personal gain. What better spot to propel a music career than in Hollywood, and with the help of a son who recruiting analysts are comparing to former 'Cane Bryant McKinnie.

The Hendersons said the accusations are untrue, believing the rumor was started by schools that failed to land Seantrel.

"I've been doing music since I was 15 or 16 years old," Sean Henderson said. "I'm going to do music for the rest of my life. This is what me and my guys do. It has nothing to do with my son's career. I would never compromise my son's situation for my own gain. That's just who I am as a father."

The negativity continued when Henderson delayed signing with USC because of pending NCAA sanctions. He eventually signed in March, but requested a release from his letter-of-intent earlier this month when the penalties were more extreme than expected.

"I didn't' want to walk into a situation like that when I still had a chance to go somewhere else where everything was all good," Seantrel Henderson said. "Conversations with USC went back and forth. They were trying to convince me USC still was a good place to go. You can say what want, but the facts are the facts."

That left hope for UM, fortunate to be in the picture. The Hurricanes narrowly missed the list of schools Henderson would visit. That changed when his Oklahoma trip in December was canceled because his high school team was still in the playoffs.

Enter a visit to Coral Gables, the week before Signing Day, and at a time the NFL Pro Bowl was being held in South Florida. Henderson was greeted by several former UM stars, even hanging out with McKinnie.

Still, Henderson remained silent for months, refusing all interview requests until deciding on Miami on July 9.

"I got people saying I did it then because it was around the time of LeBron James [signing with the Heat]," Henderson said with a laugh. "I mean, how was I supposed to know he was coming to Miami? They think I want too much attention. If I wanted too much attention, I would've taken every interview or every call I've gotten. I've been low-key the whole time."
 07-19-2010, 07:18 AM         #7658
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
O'Leary Talking to Bridgewater
Jul. 19, 2010

By: David Lake

MIRAMAR, Fla. -- The recruiting effort of Miami quarterback commit Teddy Bridgewater was in full swing Saturday during the South Florida Nike 7-on-7 Tournament.

Bridgewater has been doing a lot of recruiting on Miami’s behalf during many 7-on-7 events across the country and on Saturday his focus was on Palm Beach Dwyer tight end Nick O’Leary.

During a break between games on Saturday, Bridgewater and fellow UM commit Eli Rogers worked their way over to O’Leary and talked up Miami.

“I have talked to Teddy a couple of times,” O’Leary said. “He tells me about Miami and how he loves it down there.”

Miami currently stands in O’Leary’s top four schools along with Florida State, Georgia, and Alabama.

O’Leary admits he doesn’t know Bridgewater that well, but he is impressed with his talent.

“I don’t really know much about Teddy other than he is a good player,” O’Leary said. “I watched him on TV at the Oregon 7-on-7 thing and he did good there. It is important for me to come in with a good quarterback.”

O’Leary says he doesn’t know much about Florida State’s quarterback commitment.

“The only quarterback I know about that will be at FSU after this year is E.J. Manuel,” O’Leary said.

O’Leary is arguably the top tight end prospect in the nation this year. As a junior last year, O’Leary helped lead Dwyer to a State Championship while catching 43 passes for 679 yards and seven touchdowns. As a sophomore, O’Leary totaled 27 receptions for 522 yards and six touchdowns.

On Saturday, O’Leary and Dwyer made it to the semifinal round of the South Florida Nike 7-on-7 Tournament before being eliminated by Glades Central.

“It was fun just like every other 7-on-7. It helps us as a team get better with our skills and it helps us play better together.”

O’Leary (6-4, 230) has put on 20 pounds since the end of his junior season and this summer he is working on getting more separation with the added weight.

“I just want to get better on getting separation on my routes.”

At this point, O’Leary says he doesn’t have a timetable on when he would like to make a commitment.
 6 years ago '05        #7659
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

this how ima roll into columbus
 6 years ago '08        #7660
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
 Deeangoe said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

this how ima roll into columbus

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
138 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
105 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
351 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Guardians of The Galaxy trailer #2
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy