most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-09-2010, 07:49 PM         #7621
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like I said when he signed with USC hes gotta prove to me he aint another Big Ten country flop... That being said I really hope he turns out to be that Walter Jones style BEAST. We gotta get that old school 01 Miami type line back. n*gga's didn't even waste their time blizting
 07-10-2010, 03:53 PM         #7622
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami moves ahead for four-star S
For some reason, Miami was slow to offer four-star S Robenson Therezie of Florida even though he plays in the Canes' backyard. But since a late-May offer, The U has been steadily climbing Therezie's list. Now he tells Nate Adelson of ESPN affiliate InsidetheU.com that Miami indeed sits atop his final five, which is rounded out by Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and Auburn.

Therezie said he will take officials to all five schools before announcing, and that early playing time will be the biggest factor in his decision. In that regard, the Canes may be at a disadvantage, with rising sophomores Ray Ray Armstrong and Vaughn Telemaque and redshirt freshman Jamal Reid as their top three safeties.

"My thing is that I want to play pretty much right away," said Therezie, who hasn't been to Coral Gables since camping there in 2009. "To be honest, staying close for college doesn't really matter. I could stay close, but I don't feel like it's something that I have to do."

Perhaps the coaches could convince Therezie that at least one of the aforementioned safeties will enter the draft early, which could open up a starting position for Therezie after a one-year apprenticeship.
 07-10-2010, 08:15 PM         #7623
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even before he enrolls, UM already is reaping the benefits of Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's oral commitment. He not only led the South Florida Express to the 7-on-7 national championship this month, but he's doing a sales job on recruits. ``Athletes cling to him,'' Express coach Brett Goetz said. ``Because of his performance, it could help Miami tremendously.''
Goetz said Texas' Chris Barnett , rivals.com's 15th-best tight end in the 2011 class, recently decommitted from Oklahoma and is strongly considering UM after talking to Bridgewater. He said Bridgewater made a case for Beverly Hills' Greg Townsend (the nation's top defensive end), and Goetz said USC oral commitment/elite receiver Victor Blackwell now plans to visit Miami after talking with Bridgewater. Coveted Coral Gables linebacker Denzel Perryman also likes Bridgewater, which helps UM's chances.
 6 years ago '05        #7624
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Dchis said:
Even before he enrolls, UM already is reaping the benefits of Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's oral commitment. He not only led the South Florida Express to the 7-on-7 national championship this month, but he's doing a sales job on recruits. ``Athletes cling to him,'' Express coach Brett Goetz said. ``Because of his performance, it could help Miami tremendously.''
Goetz said Texas' Chris Barnett , rivals.com's 15th-best tight end in the 2011 class, recently decommitted from Oklahoma and is strongly considering UM after talking to Bridgewater. He said Bridgewater made a case for Beverly Hills' Greg Townsend (the nation's top defensive end), and Goetz said USC oral commitment/elite receiver Victor Blackwell now plans to visit Miami after talking with Bridgewater. Coveted Coral Gables linebacker Denzel Perryman also likes Bridgewater, which helps UM's chances.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dchis again.

damn man I can't give u any props right now but I love seeing this s**t!
 07-11-2010, 01:59 AM         #7625
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DE Williams: UM Close to Greatness
Jul. 10, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Miami was one of many schools to offer defensive end Ishaq Williams from Lincoln High in Brooklyn, New York, in February when his stock was on the rise.

About five months later, Miami remains as one of many schools that have a chance with Williams (6-5, 225), ESPNU’s 25th ranked player in the country.

“Everything is going well with Miami right now but everybody is still in the race,” Williams said. “No, I actually haven’t talked to Coach Stoutland recently. I’m still interested in Miami though, definitely.”

Williams has been attracted to Miami from an early age and he believes that the Canes are very close to where they were about ten years ago.

“I think I was attracted to Miami close to when I started playing football,” Williams said. “They were one of the first teams I saw when I moved to New York from Philadelphia. I fell in love with them from there, I mean they were winning. I liked the environment and I told my father that I liked them. We took a trip down there one time and I just fell in love with the campus and the team. I feel that every team goes through tough stages, like my team won only one game last year. This year we went to the quarterfinals so every team has rough years. I think Miami is really close to being great again.”

Williams plans a bunch of unofficial visits this summer and all five official visits before he is ready to make a commitment.

“This summer, I plan to get down to Florida (Miami and Florida), Alabama, California (USC and UCLA), and Notre Dame,” Williams said. “I’ll take all my official visits too but I don’t know where yet. I’m not sure when I’m going to narrow it down but I’m not close to making a commitment. It might be on signing day actually.”

Williams mentioned Penn State, Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas Tech, and UCLA as the schools doing the best job of staying in touch with him.

With so many schools still on his radar, Williams admits that he doesn’t even know how to decide which schools are right for him and which ones aren’t.

“It’s really hard, I haven’t quite figured that out yet so when I get that, I might know where I’m going, but I’m not there yet,” Williams chuckled. “My family and my coach, they’ll be the ones who help me the most with that.”

As far as the recruiting process in general has been, Williams sees it as some sort of double edged sword.

“It’s starting to get annoying but it’s necessary and it’s an honor really that a lot of people care what I think,” Williams said. “No, I never thought it would get like this. I think I’ve put my coach and my father in front of myself, so they’re getting stuff before I do. I’m sure that’s helped limit what does get to me.
 6 years ago '04        #7626
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
keep the updates coming fellas, i love it
 07-11-2010, 12:53 PM         #7627
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LB Johnson: I Can See Myself At UM
Jul. 11, 2010

Linebacker A.J. Johnson from Gainesville High in Gainesville, Georgia, is certainly one of the most productive players in the country, regardless of position.

Johnson (6-2, 225) has been a tackling machine the past two years with a total of 335 stops, 9 sacks, and 3 interceptions as his team compiled a 26-2 record.

In fact, Johnson has helped turn the Gainesville Red Elephants into one of the top schools in Georgia over the past few years.

“We’re at a good point and we keep improving each year so we might be able to win the whole thing this season,” Johnson said. “When I was a freshman, we had a new defensive coordinator come in. The first year was kind of slow, but the last two years we had one of the top defenses around. We didn’t have a huge stack of division one players but we had good athletes who can play in college. We had division one guys like Blake Sims (Alabama) and Tai-ler Jones (Notre Dame) on offense, but our defense just flowed to the ball. We had one of the best linebacker corps in the state of Georgia and our coaches and players just came together.”

On the recruiting front, Johnson always has a good idea of what schools he likes as he listed off his top three followed by three more.

“My top three right now is Clemson, Tennessee, and Florida,” Johnson said. “I also like Georgia Tech, Miami, and Auburn because they’re recruiting me the hardest after the first three. I’m supposed to be going to Florida in a couple weeks for Friday Night Lights. For official visits, I’ll go to my top three and then I have to pick two more. Most likely Miami will be one of the two that I choose.”

Johnson really wants to see Miami in person because he has already been to pretty much every other school that he’s looking at.

“All these other schools I like, I’ve been to but I’ve never been to Miami,” Johnson said. “I could see myself playing at Miami and that’s a school I would go to. I’ve heard it’s a great place, it’s on an island, so that sounds pretty cool.”

Johnson has been in touch with Coach McGriff on a couple different occasions but none of them have been all that recent.

“Coach McGriff came to my school during the year so I talked to him then,” Johnson said. “That was awhile back and I talked to him a couple times on the phone after that but it wasn’t anytime recently. He said it’s a great place to play being on an island and their real strong academically. He said I got the Miami swagger already, things like that. He talked about the fan support too so it was just a lot of different stuff.”
 6 years ago '05        #7628
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
canes recruited lbj?

[video - click to view]

07-12-2010, 12:22 AM         #7629
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Remains Involved With Newberry
Jul. 12, 2010

Fort Pierce Central defensive end Giorgio Newberry had plenty of scholarship offers before receiving one from Miami in May.

However, the Canes are doing their best to make up for lost time with Newberry (6-5, 249) led by the efforts of linebackers coach Micheal Barrow.

“Yea I’ve been in touch with Coach Barrow, I’ve been talking to him for a good little while now,” Newberry said. “The last time I heard from him, he actually called me when he was on vacation. He’s a pretty cool guy and I like hearing what he has to say.”

Coach Barrow is aided in his pursuit of Newberry by Miami commitment Marcus Jackson, who attends nearby Vero Beach High.

“I’ve known Marcus going on a year now so we have a pretty good relationship,” Newberry said. “We’ve gone to a bunch of different camps together. Oh yea, he definitely tries to get me to Miami. He’s a die hard Miami guy so of course he’s going to let me know what’s good with them. That’s my boy, now don’t get me wrong, but I can’t get too caught up in what he says.”

Miami certainly isn’t the only school that Newberry is considering since Florida State has been high on his radar for months.

“They have a really cool coaching staff and I’ve always liked a lot of those guys,” Newberry said. “I feel like Florida State is one of the places I could really end up at. I’ve been there three times and I always get a family feeling when I take a visit there.”

Newberry has never been in a rush with the recruiting process despite his constantly growing list of suitors.

“I’m open now but I’m going to cut it down a little bit by the end of the summer,” Newberry said. “I’m not for sure but I think a couple visits will pop up before I rule anyone out so I have to talk that over with my coaches. My official visits will be to schools like LSU, Tennessee, Notre Dame, places more far away. I can just drive to the in-state schools anytime I want to check them out.”

Newberry, who had 41 tackles and 3 sacks last year, has made it a priority to check out a lot of schools so he can feel informed when decision time arrives.

“You always have to check out schools because you can’t pick somewhere just off a name or what you heard about it,” Newberry said. “You have to see what it’s really like to get that clear picture in your mind. When you’re there, you can ask people who attend that school, like the players, about the truth.”
 07-12-2010, 12:22 AM         #7630
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Catches Interest of ATH Bray
Jul. 12, 2010

Athlete Quan Bray from Callaway High in Hogansville, Georgia, ESPNU’s number two ranked player at his position, is one of just thirteen select five star prospects.

Bray can play a bunch of different positions but most schools project him as a running back or a slot receiver. He was an option quarterback as a junior where he carried 79 times for 710 yards and 12 touchdowns.

As long as Bray (5-11, 180) has been on the radar for some schools, Miami is a school that has been rising up his list as of late.

“It was like last month, or maybe two months ago when they first offered me,” Bray said. “It was a big surprise because I really got a lot of interest in Miami. Yea, I’ve talked to their coaches but not really recently. They’re a team that I see building up, getting back to how they used to be. They got a couple guys coming in from Georgia (Storm Johnson and Tyrone Cornileus) so that’s cool too.”

Bray saw promise from Miami’s offense last season but he admitted that he doesn’t have any particular ties to the school.

“After I watched a couple of their games, I could tell that they were straight on offense,” Bray said. “They got athletes who make plays at wide receiver and running back. I don’t have a connection to Miami or nothing like that, it was just seeing them on TV.”

Out of between thirty and forty offers all together, Miami is one of a select few schools that Bray holds in high regard.

“Yea I’m looking at a smaller number of schools, not everyone who offered me,” Bray said. “I got the most interest in Miami, LSU, Georgia, and Clemson.”

Bray said that he isn’t close to a decision at all and that it is likely to come on signing day after exhausting all five official visits.

“I’m not even close (to a decision), it’s probably not going to happen until signing day,” Bray said. “I’m taking all five officials and I know I’m coming down to Miami no doubt. I’m trying to get down there this summer so maybe I can see Miami before that.”

Bray is not overly concerned about staying close to home but being able to play early in his career is one of his top concerns.

“I want to play right away but distance really doesn’t matter in my mind,” Bray said. “Location isn’t going to keep me from picking a school that I do like. Also I like spread offense more than pro-style.”
 07-12-2010, 12:23 AM         #7631
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TE has offer, likes Miami's tradition

| More
Brandon Fulse has over 20 scholarship offers and Miami is one of them, he says. The standout tight end prospect recently cut his list down to 15 and Miami is on it. Read on to see what he's saying about the Canes, the recruiting process, and more.

Brandon Fulse had an excellent junior season that helped put his name on the recruiting map. At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, Fulse has caught the attention of college coaches from all over. He talked about the latest, starting with Fort Meade's spring game performance.
"It went good, we won 17-0," Fulse said. "We got better and learned a lot. I'm so excited for this coming season."

On the recruiting front, Fulse has over 20 offers but says he's cut his list down to 15.

"I have it narrowed down to the top 15, and I am still working on the top 10," he said. "I know Miami, Florida State, Florida, and South Florida are on there. I like all those schools a lot but I don't have one that stands out over the rest."

Fulse talked more about his interest in the Canes.

"I like Miami a lot," he said. "I always have. I like the traditional tight ends they produce -- Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow and people like that. Tight end is what I wanna play in college and Miami's always had good ones. The tradition and the family they have is great, too. The players are always coming back and stopping in. I like that. Plus, Miami was my favorite school growing up."

So what's the standout tight end prospect looking for in a school?

"How I get along with the coaches, the campus and playing time," he said. "I plan on taking some more visits and going to camps this summer to keep learning more about the different schools I'm still considering."
 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM         #7632
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Peat's Eight

Schools have been drooling over 6-3 295 pound defensive tackle Todd Peat since his sophomore year. Peat racked up 15 official offers along the way and today the four-star player from Tempe (Az.) Corona del Sol has officially narrowed his list to eight. Scout.com brings you the details first.

Here is Peat's list in alphabetical order and his reasoning for each:

Alabama: "They are the defending national champs. They have a strong program that dominates in the SEC and that speaks for itself. I like that Coach Saban is a defensive minded coach."

Arizona: "Stoops is defensive minded and I like that. He has that program going in a positive direction and it is close to home."

Arizona State: "I have built a great relationship with Coach Erickson and his staff, plus they are the hometown school."

Miami: "There is so much tradition at the University of Miami, they have produced so many big name guys in the NFL. Plus, their old defensive line coach is back and he has coached great players like Warren Sapp."

Nebraska: "They also have great tradition. Their defsnive line coach has coached some great players and I think he could get the most out of my potential. It is a great program with a great atmosphere."

Oregon State: "I have built a good relationship with Coach Riley and Coach Cavanaugh. This program has so much stability and has a great reputation for developing players. They are good year in and out."

Stanford: "This school has such a great academic bacground and they are a program on the rise. They have put together an impressive recruiting list already for 2011 plus they need a DT."

Wake Forest: "This is another school with great academics, they develop guys and put players in the league. They are also a program on the rise."

Peat says he will narrow his list of eight down to five in September and he plans on taking official visits to those five programs.
 07-13-2010, 01:24 AM         #7633
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Watkins Wants To Visit UM
Jul. 13, 2010

By: David Lake

South Fort Myers wide receiver Sammy Watkins has been working hard this summer to get ready for his senior year.

And the results of that hard work could be scary for Watkins’ opponents this season.

Watkins says he has been doing a lot of running this summer and in the process he has shed about 10 pounds and gained more speed.

Watkins, who caught 46 passes for 1,192 yards and 14 touchdowns last year, could be even more explosive in 2010.

“I have been training hard this summer by doing a lot of running and working on my endurance,” Watkins said. “I have actually lost a little bit of weight and I feel a lot faster right now. I am down to 185 pounds and I feel good there. I also have been working to improve my route running and my blocking skills.”

Watkins says he has interest in a lot of schools at this point including, Miami, Clemson, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Michigan.

In June, Watkins made an unofficial visit to Clemson.

“I liked it up there because it is real laid back up there. I liked that,” Watkins said.

Later this month, Watkins will make another trip to South Carolina to visit the University of South Carolina.

“I have a trip set for South Carolina on July 22nd,” Watkins said. “I am interested in South Carolina, but I don’t know too much about them and that is why I want to go up there and see what its like.”

Watkins has yet to see the University of Miami campus. Watkins says he would like to visit UM before the summer is over.

“I didn’t make it over there because I was at Clemson, but Dallas went and he liked it a lot when he was there,” Watkins said. “He just told me how things are and that it is a really nice campus and stuff like that. I want to visit Miami before the summer is over. I don’t have a date set as to when I will visit Miami though.”

Watkins says he is “very interested” in Miami, but he hasn’t been able to get in touch with the UM coaches lately because he has had a busy schedule.

“I have been busy lately and I have been meaning to call Miami, but I haven’t gotten around to it,” Watkins said. “I am still very interested in Miami and like coach Hill so hopefully I can get around to calling him sometime soon. I will get in touch with them soon.”

Miami quarterback commit Teddy Bridgewater has talked to Watkins through text messages and Watkins says he is impressed by the type of player Bridgewater is.

“I got a text from the quarterback commit and he was just telling me that I should really look at Miami and we could do big things together if I was to go there,” Watkins said. “It was nice hearing from him. I looked up his highlights on the internet and he is a real good player.”

Watkins says coming in with a good quarterback is an important factor in his recruitment and he respects Bridgewater’s abilities.

“Coming in with a good quarterback is big for me and he is definitely a good quarterback.”
 07-13-2010, 09:20 AM         #7634
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lasco Working on a Final Decision
Not sure if we really need a RB in this class, but this kid Lasco seems pretty good not great. I can see him pulling a Kylan Robinson and switching positions to somewhere in the secondary. Safety would be a good fit for this kid. Not sure if he'll end up here though, could possibly pull a Rob Hankins and end up at a school like Texas A&M.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- RB Daniel Lasco was one of the top performers at the FOX Sports Southwest 7-on-7 State Championships. He has racked up a host of offers throughout the recruiting process and has narrowed his focus to four schools and in a perfect world his decision would have already been made. Check out this ScoutTV interview for his take on the latest news.
Profile: Daniel Lasco
High School: The Woodlands (Texas)
Class: 2011
Position: RB
Size: 6-0/190

Recruiting: Lasco is down to a final four of Texas A&M, TCU, Miami and Cal.
 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM         #7635
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DT: There's a lot to like about UM

Chris Mayes is one of the top rated defensive tackle prospects in the state of Georgia and the Spalding High standout has a lot of interest in Miami. Read on to see what he's saying about the Canes, the recruiting process, and more.

Chris Mayes is a massive defensive tackle prospect who caught a lot of people's attention this past spring. Since then, he's been working hard preparing for his senior season.
"I've just been working out hard and getting ready for the season," Mayes said. "I can't wait for this season to get here. I'm gonna be ready."

Mayes, 6-foot-5 and 295 pounds, has over a dozen scholarship offers and was asked for his latest list of favorites.

"The ones I like most right now are Miami, Georgia, Oklahoma State, Louisville, and Michigan State," he said, noting that all five have already offered him a scholarship.

Mayes, who says he actually grew up an LSU fan but hasn't gotten much interest from them, talked more about his interest in the Canes.

"I am excited about Miami," he said. "I heard a lot about their school and program and I like what I hear. I like their defense and Coach McGriff. He's real cool. I like the area as well. It seems like a great place."

While getting ready for his senior season, Mayes plans on taking in at least one camp coming up.

"I am supposed to go Friday to Georgia's Dawg Night," he said. "It should be a good experience for me."

The standout defensive tackle prospect knows what he'll be looking for in a school.

"I'm looking at the graduation rate and the amount of players at my position," he said. "I wanna be able to have a chance to compete for a spot."
 07-13-2010, 10:36 AM         #7636
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OL Talks Top Eight

July 13, 2010

Lakeland (FL) Lake Gibson High School OL Errin Joe has narrowed his list to eight schools - Miami, Florida, Florida State, Duke, Georgia Tech, Stanford, West Virginia and Missouri.

"They're all tremendous, good programs," said Joe, who says none of the eight are in front of the others right now. "They are up and coming, have great academics also. Some of them stick out for academics, and I go based on the good feeling I have when I go to those places."

Joe, who plans to pursue a degree in communications and journalism, says he hopes to have a top five (or fewer) by the middle of August.

"I'll try to go to the ones I haven't seen, but it it'll be hard to get to those far off places," Joe said. "I'll communicate with the coaches back and forth. And the ones close by I'll go and visit. That's how I'll approach it. I'm going to take my time, not rush."

Joe says he hasn't been in recent contact with Cane coaches, but that "I wouldn't mind taking a trip down there and will get in contact with coaches and try to make it happen."

So far this summer he's visited Georgia Tech and Missouri, and he plans to also visit Florida State.

"My thing is athletics is my vehicle to get my education," Joe said. "I'm using the scholarship to pay for my education, and at the same time I'll compete and go hard in football."
 07-13-2010, 10:41 PM         #7637
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Recruiting Blog: 7/13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* QB commit Teddy Bridgewater had another successful week. Two weeks ago he led his all-star 7on7 team to a national championship and was voted the MVP afterwards. Last week Bridgewater led his high school team to the NIKE 7on7 national championship in Oregon. He was named the MVP for the 2nd straight year of the event. What does all this mean? None of it's being done in pads but Bridgewater is making all the throws, he's been very accurate, and he's shown tremendous leadership skills. The Scout recruiting team outside Florida has liked him enough over the past two weeks to make him a 5-star prospect on Scout. He's been recruiting hard for Miami lately, too, as a lot of recruits have indicated that TB has been selling the Canes hard to them. It's a big commitment for Miami and he'll be the headliner of what's shaping up to be a very good recruiting class so far. Bridgewater led his team to the 2nd round of the 6A playoffs last season and his main goal this season is to win it all.

* Perhaps the best news of the week comes from 5-star OL commitment Seantrel Henderson, who comes from the Class of 2010. Henderson, rated the No. 1 overall prospect on Scout last year, signed with USC but didn't qualify in time for their summer school session. He was released from his scholarship two weeks ago after making it very clear his desire NOT to attend USC. After he was released, he became a free agent again and soon after he committed to the Canes. Henderson became a qualifier this week and is set to report at UM on August 4th so he'll be there in time for the first day of practice on August 5th. It's the first time since the Class of 2000 that Miami's landed the nation's top overall prospect (DJ Williams).

* 4-star safety Wayne Lyons, a Broward County product, recently cut his list down to 14 schools. Miami is one of those schools. Don't expect the Canes to be a serious player for him down the stretch. The top two local DB prospects appear to be Jackson's Robinsen Therezie and Pace's Jabari Gorman -- two players with offers from Miami and two players who have the Canes at the top of their lists right now. California's Marquise Lee is also a major prospect at DB but he hasn't been down here yet so it's hard to tell how much interest he really has. He plans on making it down this fall on an official visit.

* 3-star DT prospect Chris Mayes listed Miami as one of his top college choices in an interview with us this week. At 6-5 and 290, Mayes grew up a basketball player but converted to football after he got into high school. He's long and athletic and has some major upside. He claims an offer from the Canes and says he'd like to get down here for a visit soon. Unfortunately, the Canes are likely facing an uphill battle. He plans on attending UGA's prospect camp this week and if they like him enough, they'll likely put on the full court press. He mentioned very early in the process that the SEC is his favorite conference and that's where he'd like to play. His top two choices early on (LSU and Tennessee) aren't actively recruiting him so if UGA decides to pass on him, Miami could be in real good shape if they want him. They'd be chasing a 2nd tier DT prospect from Georgia if that were to happen.

* 4-star TE Brandon Fulse is listed as a defensive end on Scout but his primary position in H.S. has been tight end and that's where he wants to play in college. Fulse says most schools, including Miami, are recruiting him as a tight end. He claims the Canes offered him back in the spring but other schools have been recruiting him a bit harder lately. He grew up a big Miami fan and has always told me that's where he'd like to play. Unfortunately for him, I dont think the Canes are ready to take a commitment from him. After signing 4 tight ends last year and being in the running for 5-star Nick O Leary, Miami's tight end recruiting will likely be light until O'Leary makes a decision. By that time, Fulse will likely be in the rear-view mirror. In other words, don't expect Fulse to be in this class.

* 3-star OL Max Lang told Scout yesterday that he plans on taking an unofficial visit to UM very soon. He says the Canes offered him in May. He plays OT in high school but at 6-4, he could project better as a guard in college. USF has been recruiting him the hardest and they're the front-runners right now. With a commitment from OG Marcus Jackson already and another OT being added to last year's class (Henderson), the chances of UM making a serious push for Lang are getting slimmer by the day it appears.

* 4-star RB Daniel Lasco grew up a Miami fan and took an unofficial visit to the campus last summer when his family was vacationing in the Keys. He claims the Canes sent him an offer in September and has been in touch with him ever since. If the Canes decide to take a running back in this year's class, Lasco is a legit option. He's not an elite recruit from the state of Texas, more like a 2nd tier kid, but he's a very athletic kid who loves the Canes. Miami will likely continue recruiting him but it's unclear whether or not they'll take his commitment in the near future. While guys like Savon Huggins and Mike Bellamy continue getting recruited, they're longshots for the Canes so Lasco is probably the most likely option if there was one at this point.
 6 years ago '05        #7638
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
safe to say seantrel made it pass clearinghouse and shalala

Randy Shannon ‎"Seantrel Henderson officially enrolled today. Will room with Latwan Anderson."
Shandel Richardson, Sun Sentinel :applause:
 07-14-2010, 11:04 PM         #7639
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2012 CB Eli Shumate
July 14, 2010

2012 cornerback Eli Shumate from Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, New Jersey, is one of the fresh faces who will suit up this year for the defending national champions.

Shumate (6-1, 186) spent his freshman and sophomore years at Paterson Catholic, before he decided that it was time to make a move for his future.

“It’s a lot of hard work here at Bosco so I just want to step in and be a key part of their success this year,” Shumate said. “We’re looking to retain that national championship from last year. At my old school, we worked hard, but it’s another level over here. It’s done nothing but get me better and that’s what I love about it. The coaching staff has really embraced me and they want to help me get to the next level.”

Shumate made the most of his time last season before bolting for greener pastures. He played just six games due to an injury but he made 48 tackles and 2 interceptions, as well as 77 carries for 910 yards and 13 touchdowns at running back.

“My style is basically to go out there and play physical,” Shumate said. “I’m not a real c*cky person but when I’m on the field, I feel like I’m the best out there. I play with toughness and heart because that’s what I pride myself on. My favorite player is Sean Taylor, I watched him ever since his freshman year of high school when he started on varsity. Miami is my favorite school and I always wanted to play like him.”

Shumate doesn’t know a whole lot about Miami as a school but he said that he watched every single one of their games last year.

“I really don’t know a lot about Miami, just the big tradition of winning,” Shumate said. “They send a lot of players to the NFL and my dream is the NFL. Yea, I watched every single game last season and they’re fast, super fast. They’re a live team and they play with a lot of determination.”

Shumate has a ton of verbal offers to choose from already but Miami is not among them, at least not yet.

“I got offers from Boston College, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Rutgers, Arizona, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, USC, and Michigan,” Shumate said. “Miami hopefully will offer me soon, they said I have a home there but they haven’t offered yet. Penn State has showed interest and I like them a lot so I hope they offer too.”

Shumate has unofficially visited Rutgers and Boston College so far. He plans to see NC State, North Carolina, and possibly Georgia and Colorado before the summer ends.
 07-14-2010, 11:06 PM         #7640
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2012 WR high on UM; could decide the fall
July 14, 2010

Cayleb Jones was supposed to have a low-key summer, taking time away from the pressures of the recruiting process while spending time with his high school teammates and his family. Jones, the state of Texas' top-ranked prospect for the 2012 class, has accomplished his goals of relaxing with family and working out with his Austin High teammates, but he's also spent a little more time than expected sorting through his recruiting options.

And there have been some major changes.

The 6-2, 185-pound Jones recently visited Texas A&M and earlier this summer he made spur of the moment visit by two out-of-state schools.

"We actually went on a vacation earlier in the summer. We were down in Miami and my dad (former Pro Bowl linebacker Robert Jones) called Randy Shannon. He used to be coached by him, so he called him up and we took a visit to Miami," Jones said. "That was really cool. As of right now, they're probably one of my favorite schools.

"Then we were in North Carolina for a wedding. My dad had been coached by Butch Davis, so he called Coach Davis and we went to see North Carolina."

Both schools made strong impressions, but it was the Hurricanes who came out as the summer's big winner in the race for Jones' commitment. Prior to his tour of unofficial visits, the Texas Longhorns had been listed as early leaders. Miami now moves into the top spot, followed by the Longhorns and Texas A&M, respectively.

"Miami, they've always been a really good school, they've always been in the back of my mind. If I ever leave Texas, I've always thought that would be a place I would want to go," Jones said. "I never actually thought it could happen.

"It's just the guys they put out in the NFL, the fact that it's a private school. It's still a big school, but on the academic part, they have probably 11 kids in every class. There's a closeness there too. Everybody knows each other; also, it's a great campus. Miami's a beautiful place. Other than that, the coaches were really nice. I really enjoyed it. I was surprised, it opened my eyes."

For the remainder of the summer, Jones plans to spend his time working out with his Austin High teammates in preparation for what should be a very successful 2010 season. He hasn't hit any camps this summer and has no plans to hit any in the future. In the fall, Jones does hope to take in several college football games, including a number of stops by the Forty Acres to watch Texas play. Those visits, in addition to the trips he took this summer, could have Jones in line for an early decision.

"Everything's kind of coming to a halt. I don't think I'm going anywhere else. I'm just focusing on workouts and getting ready for football," Jones said. "I kind of want to go into this year knowing where I want to go. I want to close my stuff quickly, not have to worry about it. I'll probably decide sometime between September and December."

As a sophomore, Jones caught 91 passes for 1,158 yards and 9 touchdowns. He's currently ranked No. 1 on the Lone Star Recruiting Top 100.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago