Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
122 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #7601
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 MOTM said:
Na, they can still report in August.
yea they have until august, but highly doubtful theyll come in on august
 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM         #7602
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
South Ft. Myers (FL) High School standout Sammy Watkins plans to visit Miami unofficially at some point this month.

"I don't know when yet, but it'll be sometime this summer," Watkins said. "Other than that I'm going to South Carolina and Clemson starting the 22nd. That's it for the summer."

Watkins says he hasn't spoken with many college coaches recently - "I'm busy now with work and working out," he said.

Watkins does say the Canes are in good shape with him - he has a top two of Miami and Clemson, where he took an unofficial visit with teammate Dallas Crawford for the summer camp.

"Right now Miami and Clemson are on top," said Watkins, whose summer job is teaching youngsters football fundamentals. "I just like their offense at the schools, the coaches. Coach (Aubrey) Hill was coming here every other week (in the spring), so I liked that. The Clemson coaches the same thing. I went up there, they showed us around, I went to the camp. And I can go there and start right away - at Clemson or Miami."

Watkins says among his other favorites are Florida, Michigan, Iowa, LSU, Ohio State, Georgia and Alabama.

Of what he wants in a college, Watkins said, "Right now I'm focusing on academics, how coaches are on and off the field, and just the surroundings. I'm a laid back person, so I want to see how it is. As a true freshman I want to at least get in game situations, let me make a play, see what I can do instead of leaving me on the bench."

Watkins says he will narrow things down to seven schools before his senior season.

"Miami will be in there for sure," he said. "After that I'll do my visits and that will determine what school I go to."

Watkins finished his junior season with over 1,500 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns. He added 200 rushing yards.
 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM         #7603
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jersey City (NJ) St. Peter's Prep RB Savon Huggins says he's building a strong relationship with Cane coach Jeff Stoutland.

"I have a real good relationship with him," said Huggins, who recently included UM in his final 10 schools. "I really like Miami. When I went down there I liked the running backs situation. And they're known for putting out backs."

Huggins says he last spoke with Stoutland a week ago.

"We were just catching up," Huggins said. "I've known him a couple of years now. There are three or four other programs I've talked to since I was a freshman or sophomore."

Huggins says the next step in his recruitment is narrowing things down to a top five.

"I'm hoping to get it to five by my season," he says. "I'll see how it goes right now. I'm taking it little by little."

Once Huggins gets it to five he says he'll take all his official visits before coming to a decision.

Huggins has already taken visits to 16 colleges. He's been visiting campuses since his freshman year, and he was at Miami last year.

He plans one or two more visits before his senior season begins.

"I'm going to Gainesville in August, that's the only visit I know for sure," he said. "I'm also trying to get to Stanford."

Of his top 10 right now, Huggins said, "Everybody's equal right now. I just have the best relationship with Rutgers though, that's it. Everyone's the same, though."
 07-06-2010, 10:42 AM         #7604
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Waisome: UM Still In It
Jul. 6, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Nick Waisome

Groveland South Lake cornerback Nick Waisome is ranked as the number 64 overall player in the ESPNU 150 and will also participate in the 2011 Under Armour All-America Game.

Since he is one of the most highly recruited players in Florida, fanbases of many schools have patiently waited for Waisome (5-10, 168) to name favorites but the wait is over.

“My top five is Florida, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, and South Carolina,” Waisome said. “They’re all equal and they’re staying equal until I pick a school.”

Here’s what Waisome had to say about why each school made his top five:

Florida: “I feel real strong about them and I’ve known the coaches for a long time. They say they have a real need for me and they got some new coaches coming in like Teryl Austin. I’ve been talking to him lately and things have been going well.”

Florida State: “They have great history, great coaches, and they have Jimbo Fisher taking over. It will be good to see how they do this upcoming season and they have a couple new cats now off this recruiting class last year. I feel like I could compete well at a school like that.”

Georgia: “I have a real good relationship with the running backs coach, Bryan McClendon. He’s been on top of me for the longest and I talk to him on a regular basis. The program is changing with a couple new coaches in and this could be a good season for Mark Richt. They are a team on the rise.”

LSU: “I don’t know too much about the school but wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales from when he used to be a Florida. They have great history, especially with corners. They have two good ones right now but they’ll be leaving soon which means that there are opens spots for when I would come in there to make an impression real early. They came and visited me at school once or twice and they’re a great school. I want to check them out a little more.”

South Carolina: “Coach Jeep Hunter, I’ve always talked to him on the phone like every week. He said I would have to compete but the chance is definitely there to play early. Maybe I could get one of the starting positions quickly.”

Waisome hopes to have his decision in place by the end of August at the latest to have the recruiting process in the rearview mirror when the season starts.

“I think I’m going to choose sometime in August, before the season,” Waisome said. “I won’t have to worry about reporters or anything like that. If I get it done then, I can focus on football and be able to develop.”

Miami got involved with Waisome over a year ago now and although they have ground to make up, he hasn’t completely shut the door on the Canes.

“I’d say that Miami is my number six school right now,” Waisome said. “They’re actually still in the mix to tell you the truth and they could possibly get over South Carolina. They talk to me but it’s kind of sporadic. They’re getting a lot of corners to jump on board. I feel I can compete anywhere I go but they have a lot of young defensive backs also. I just want to see how things go with them this year and talk to them for a little bit more.”
 6 years ago '05        #7605
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
Schad reporting on CFLive that USC has released Seantrel Henderson.
16 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by 24 people
Reply Retweet

BFeldmanESPN
come on down!
 6 years ago '04        #7606
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 dipset kid0221 said:
come on down!

that would be so awesome.
 6 years ago '05        #7607
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
no ones gonna sniff jacory or teddy b now...:laugh5:
 6 years ago '07        #7608
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
got them bulls on the line

blitz at your own risk

07-06-2010, 08:08 PM         #7609
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
* QB commit Teddy Bridgewater led his team to the 7on7 national championship in Alabama over the weekend. Scout recruiting analysts who were there all agreed that Teddy was the top QB at the event. I was told that he was doing some serious recruiting for UM, too. He wore a UM, threw up the U several times, and was talking about the Canes all weekend. WR Eli Rogers had a solid but unspectacular performance.

* There was a lot of talk coming from the event about 4-star TE Chris Barnett. Once an Oklahoma commitment, Barnett has backed off that and opened things up. Miami was one of his first offers and he was talking up the Canes a lot to various players at this event. He says the Canes are in great shape but I'm wondering how much room there is for him. The Canes just signed 4 tight ends and the top prospect appears to be Nick O'Leary, who has Miami at the top of his list. Barnett has a lot of interest but it'll be interesting to see how that gets handled based on the number situation at the position.

* There has been a lot of talk about 5-star OL Seantrel Henderson (Class of 2010) lately. Henderson visited Miami last recruiting season but signed with USC. Like the 5 kids who didn't report for summer school at UM last week, Henderson didn't report at USC. He still has time to make it for the fall semester but from what I hear, don't expect him to ever wear a Trojan uniform. If he qualifies, he's locked in to USC's scholarship. If he doesn't qualify, he'll likely attend a prep school for a semester and then have to go through the entire recruiting process again. The two schools who seemed closest to USC were Ohio State and Miami. As of now, however, he's not committed anywhere and has a valid LOI to attend USC.

* Speaking of the 5 players who didn't enroll for summer school last week, OLB Kelvin Cain informed me today that he received a qualifying test score. It's too late for him to enroll for summer so he reports August 4th. The players who are still trying to become eligible for the fall are CB Jeremy Davis, DE David Perry, and OL Tavadis Glenn. DL Delmar Taylor has already decided to attend a Juco. We'll continue to monitor their progress.Mike Bakas
Scout.com - Florida
 07-07-2010, 10:37 AM         #7610
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DE has 20+ offers, names leader

Secret Commit Alert!!!
B.J. Dubose has become one of the most heavily recruited defensive end prospects in the state of Florida and the Oakland Park (Northeast) standout has a favorite. Read on to see what he's saying about that, the recruiting process, and more.

B.J. Dubose has over 20 scholarship offers. Fresh off a national 7on7 championship with the South Florida Express, Dubose talked about the latest on the recruiting front.
"There are a lot of schools recruiting me but the ones I'm focused on the most are UM, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Florida," Dubose said. "The one I like most right now is the University of Miami. I guess they are the most interested and I've always been real interested in them."

Dubose, 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, has always watched the Hurricanes and talked more about his interest in them.

"I like Miami," he said. "I love the coaches, they are good people I can talk to them and feel comfortable. It's close to home and they have what I want to study."

Dubose took in a few unofficial visits in recent days as well.

"It was fun getting out and seeing different places," he said. "Still, UM stands out to me. The biggest things I'm gonna be looking at are the academics and how I am with the coaches."
 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM         #7611
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Henderson's addition would be huge for Canes
Remember what Bryant McKinnie meant to the Hurricanes offensive line? Consider the potential addition of Seantrel Henderson just as large.

Although a few sources at UM as of late Tuesday night could not confirm Henderson (the nation's No. 1 high school offensive lineman) was already on his way to South Florida after being released from USC earlier in the day, indications are it might not be long before he becomes the last addition to the 2010 signing class.

Apparently, the only hold up at this point according to a UM source, is that the Canes have to wait until Wednesday -- when he is officially cleared by the NCAA -- to talk to him. After that, Henderson has to make it through UM admissions and the clearinghouse (so it probably will take a couple days before UM makes it official). Henderson would then likely start classes in August. I've been told UM, which looked like they would be about four over the 85 scholarship limit, has a scholarship to give to Henderson. By being released from his national letter of intent by USC, Henderson does not have to sit out this season.

Henderso, who was reportedly in Miami according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press this past weekend, hasn't spoken to any reporters in weeks and his father, who did most of the interviews for him late in the recruiting game, hasn't been answering his cell phone the last couple days. While there is likely some wiggle room (he could always back out and go to Ohio State), the word is Miami is his first choice.

Henderson (6-8, 337) is the type of lineman that every coach dreams of. Described by Sports Illustrated as "the most polished linemen of the past decade," he would become the most highly touted lineman to sign with the Canes. McKinnie, drafted seventh overall by the Vikings in the 2002 draft, was the anchor of UM's national title team. Henderson is of the same ilk, a player most expect could at least contribute right away if not start at left tackle and keep Jacory Harris' jersey free of grass and blood stains for the next couple years.

If he comes, it would also mean young, perhaps, less talented players like Ben Jones and Jermaine Johnson (slotted to compete for the starting right tackle job) will not have to be depended on to carry a huge load right away. All three could potentially all end up splitting playing time until one emerges. Neither Jones or Johnson has played much yet and are still developing.

Couple more tidbits...

> I was told the likelihood of freshman cornerback Jeremy Davis getting into school in August was "about 40 percent." Davis (5-11, 162) is one of four DBs in UM's 2010 class.

> It is expected that offensive tackle Tavadis Glenn, who attended an academy school his senior year while playing for Jacksonville Raines, will end up at prep school.
 6 years ago '06        #7612
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
watkins says miami and clemson are at the top

NCAA needs to investigate clemson ASAP!!!!
 6 years ago '05        #7613
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
by: Shandel Richardson
July 6th, 2010 | 10:33 PM

The Hurricanes are potentially on the verge landing of a late addition to the 2010 recruiting class.

A big addition.

All signs are pointing toward tackle Seantrel Henderson, the nation’s No. 1 recruit, signing with the UM. According to a source close to the situation, the announcement could come early as Wednesday.

To recap, the 6-8, 320-pound Henderson was the USA Today national player of the year his senior season at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, Minn. He signed with USC after strongly considering Miami and Ohio State. When USC was handed stronger than expected NCAA sanctions, Henderson began to doubt his decision.

On Tuesday, he was officially released from his letter of intent.

Henderson and his family have been silent for months, but his interest in UM is no secret. It was truly a last-minute decision when he chose the Trojans on National Signing Day.
Earlier in the day, there was even a report he had decided on UM.

Nothing is official, but stay tuned …

:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '04        #7614
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 P. Dedos said:
watkins says miami and clemson are at the top

NCAA needs to investigate clemson ASAP!!!!
Clemson usually does a pretty solid job in recruiting in the south-east in general. I mean the party's there are awesome, and the girls are top notch.
 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM         #7615
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hard-hitting Miami Jackson safety Robenson Therezie admits to having schools that stick out in his recruitment.
“You know I’m still thinking about my favorite five,” said Therezie. “There are a few schools that stand out like the University of Miami, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, those schools.”

According to Therezie each of those programs are recruiting him as a safety. Those are solid programs with a tradition of winning, exactly why Therezie is liking that group of four schools at this time.

“They have a good program, a good winning team, and they have great coaching staffs,” said Therezie.

With the hometown Hurricanes in the mix for Therezie’s services, it seems the possibility of playing locally would be luring. Therezie seemed indifferent on the notion.

“The possibility is open, it doesn’t really matter to me. I would like to go out away, but I don’t mind playing at home.”

Even though there are school that stand out, the 5-foot-10, 195-pound Therezie doesn’t plan to commit anywhere until the end of the season. Until the season gets underway, the talented 2011 prospect has planned a couple unofficial visits to a pair of schools that stand out in his mind.

“I plan on going to Alabama, I guess next week, and Auburn.”

The beginning of the summer Therezie has been keeping busy with 7-on-7 tournaments. The Nike 7-on-7 show a couple weeks ago, Therezie got a chance to improve his coverage skills against talented Northwester receiver Eli Rogers. Therezie was matched up with Rogers man-to-man in the slot.

“That’s the stuff I need to work on. As a matter of fact I had called him up to my side because you know the other receivers weren’t really doing anything. So I called Eli Rogers over to see where I was at.

“I don’t need too much work in one-on-ones, it’s just some techniques to help me keep my eyes out of the backfield. Other than that, I’m pretty good. Eli Rogers is a pretty good receiver, that’s why I wanted to go against him, to get some work.”

Therezie and his Miami Jackson teammates advanced to the championship round of the Nike 7-on-7 to be held July 17.
 6 years ago '05        #7616
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

teddy b :cool-smiley-009:
 07-09-2010, 09:03 AM         #7617
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Two lead for five-star ATH?
Five-star ATH Quan Bray of Georgia (No. 11 in the ESPNU 150) officially is still in the process of narrowing down his list, but he may have tipped his hand in a conversation with Erik Stinnett of ESPN affiliate CrimsonConfidential.com.

Bray initially said he had no leaders, but when asked what schools have a chance to earn distinction as a leader, Bray said, "LSU and Miami." That's it? "Yeah, LSU and Miami."

It wasn't until Stinnett specifically brought up Alabama (he writes for a Tide site, after all) that Bray added: "Oh, yeah, Alabama's still up there. They're up there."

Bray is primarily being recruited as a WR, and the Tide already have four committed in the 2011 class. The Tigers and the Canes have just two apiece but have other offers to WRs out there, so Bray will face some competition no matter where he goes. Moreover, neither Alabama nor LSU has a QB committed yet in the current class.

If Georgia really isn't in the mix at all, it would be another blow to Mark Richt's Dream Team, which thus far includes none of the state's top 10 prospects.
 6 years ago '09        #7618
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
Seantrel to the U
 6 years ago '06        #7619
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
 Deeangoe said:

[pic - click to view]

teddy b :cool-smiley-009:
teddy bridgewater was talking reckless as fuk out there in tally

hes a comedian man
 07-09-2010, 05:46 PM         #7620
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After a second spin through the recruiting process, Seantrel Henderson, the top-ranked offensive line recruit in the class of 2010, has chosen Miami.

Henderson, who originally signed with USC, chose the Hurricanes on Friday after the Trojans released him from his National Letter of Intent earlier this week. On National Signing Day in February, Henderson announced his decision to sign with USC on live television. Friday afternoon, Henderson told the world by changing his Facebook profile picture to a Miami logo. "It's all about the U," Henderson wrote on his Facebook page.

Henderson is a 6-foot-8, 300-pound offensive tackle from Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, Minn. During his first recruitment, he was fond of Miami because it is the alma mater of his favorite offensive linemen, Minnesota Vikings tackle Bryant McKinnie. Henderson also considered Ohio State and Notre Dame during his original recruitment.

Henderson delayed signing with USC originally because he wanted to know what sanctions the NCAA's committee on infractions might hand down. Henderson signed March 23, more than six weeks before the committee on infractions hit the Trojans with a two-year bowl ban and significant scholarship reductions. After the sanctions were announced, Henderson remained in Minnesota. USC coaches flew to Minnesota twice to try to convince Henderson to enroll as planned in Los Angeles, but to no avail.

There were hints as early as this past weekend that Henderson was leaning toward the Hurricanes. Teddy Bridgewater, a quarterback committed to sign with Miami in the class of 2011, said Sunday that Henderson had requested his phone number to talk about Miami.

Rivals.com and Scout.com ranked Henderson the No. 1 offensive lineman in the class of 2010. Rivals.com ranked him the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy