NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #741
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
i know nobody really talks about basketball in here but is anybody even watchin the unc-miami game. they not looking too good out there. i was expecting them to do better than this since they won there last year but whats wrong with them. just airballed 2 three-pointers. and they just won the unc students free biscuits at bojangles tomorrow too.
 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM         #742
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bassy said:
lol

Because the basketball team is garbage.

See ESPN for evidence.

fu*kin hater

thats why the north carolina football program sucks megacock

now get your a.ss outta here and go make a north carolina being like that stripper... getting r*ped by the duke athletic team
 01-31-2007, 10:07 PM         #743
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah I watched the game, I always try to watch the games when I can. Our front court is in shambles but it wouldnt have mattered, no one is stopping UNC this year. Seriously, UNC is just that much better.

I would post all Miami sports but I didnt think anyone care about basketball. Our baseball team is serious..

Ayo Deuce chill, Bassy is that n*gga
 01-31-2007, 10:09 PM         #744
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:

Ayo Deuce chill, Bassy is that n*gga
Only cause you my n*gga and I dont want no trouble...

but yo get on full tilt scram yo chips are mine
 02-01-2007, 12:26 AM         #745
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anuary 31, 2007

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Related Links:
Rivals.com Prep School Top 50

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
The final Rivals.com prep school rankings are in, and the decision at the top was as tough as any we've had to make at Rivals.com.

Brent Vinson has the talent to make an immediate impact at Tennessee.
Should it be a standout running back who could be the next great one at Miami? Should it be a game-breaking athlete who could play wideout, cornerback or safety at Tennessee? The decision has been made, but is the right one?

Let the debate begin.

New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy running back Graig Cooper, our preseason No. 1 player, maintained his position atop the rankings. However, he received a strong push from Tennessee commitment Brent Vinson. Both players are outstanding athletes who are expected to make an immediate impact at the next level.

"Graig is a great running back, he can do it all," said Milford head coach Bill Chaplick. "He works hard and came to Milford with the attitude that he was going to be the guy. We had LeSean McCoy and Bo Harris as well as running backs, but he took control from the start. Cooper is tough, runs hard and has excellent vision. A ton of schools came in on him with all the uncertainty at Miami, but he ended up honoring his commitment. He's a Miami type of back."

As for Vinson, Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military head coach Robert Prunty sees a future first-round draft pick.

"Vinson is one of the best players we've had here," he said. "He could play both ways at Tennessee, he's that good. I think as a cornerback he could be an NFL first-rounder, and his speed is out of this world. He had 460 all-purpose yards against West Virginia's JV team, he dominated."

Following Cooper and Vinson, two offensive linemen made the final top 5. Maryland-bound tackle Bruce Campbell and Illinois-bound tackle Craig Wilson check in at No. 3 and No. 5 respectively. Both hail from Hargrave.

Maryland-bound Bruce Campbell already has an NFL body.
"Both of these guys will be NFL players," said Prunty. "They are both like Jared Gaither, who came here a bit raw but had so much ability to go along with his size it was amazing. Bruce showed up a little soft, but by the time he was done here he was very physical and he has great size. Wilson can bench 350 pounds on the incline bench, so you can imagine how strong he is. He's also massive and just beats people up."

Sandwiched between the giant duo is Clemson-bound defensive back DeAndre McDaniel, also from Hargrave.

"He's our second-best athlete, just behind Brent," said Prunty. "He's well balanced because he can cover very well, but he's also very good in run support."

Breaking down the top 10, Hargrave boasts seven players on the list. Milford checks in with two and Fork Union (Va.) Fork Union Military is represented at No. 10 by linebacker Gerald Williams.

"Gerald is a huge linebacker, an SEC-sized linebacker who can make plays all over the field," said Fork Union head coach John Shuman. "He's ready to play in college now."

A few players made a big push into the rankings with standout prep performances. Cornerback Kareem Jackson from Fork Union was a prospect that many teams tried to keep under the radar. However, Nick Saban found him late and Shuman feels he belongs at that level.

"He can be a really good cornerback in the SEC," said Shuman. "He belongs playing at that high level. He almost slipped through the cracks."

Future Florida State Seminoles offensive lineman Zach Hillery also jumped into the rankings. Hillery showed great improvement from his senior year of high school to the end of his prep season.

The same can be said of Princeton (N.J.) The Hun School offensive tackle Greg Tomczyk, who is excellent at getting to the second level.

Number 1 prep back in the country? To go along with Hurricane James, and dont sleep on Shawnbrey McNeal hes the real deal
 02-01-2007, 08:17 AM         #746
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k you were at n*gga, scared to lose your chips?
 02-01-2007, 12:16 PM         #747
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 1, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Robert Marve bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

The first time a Miami coach came to the school of new Cane commitment Robert Marve, the four-star quarterback was busy showing exactly what makes him so special.

"The first time (coach Joe) Pannunzio met him we were in the middle of a film session in the spring," Marve's coach, Robert Weiner, said. "And I went out to say hi to coach Pannunzio. When I left the room I handed clicker to Robert with our team there, and he proceeded to explain that play in extreme detail to all the skill position players involved in that play. Coach Pannunzio overheard and said that was a better explanation than any coach could have given."

It speaks to what Weiner has known for years: Marve is a workaholic.

Weiner says Cane coaches should expect a shadow on campus.

"I told coaches `Be ready because he's going to be sitting in your office 90 percent of every day and will make you write up plays and explain them to him,'" Weiner said.

Weiner recounts the time Marve took 24 pages of plays with him on a plane flight.

"He wrote information on every route on each play that would take 15 minutes to explain each one," Weiner said. "One thing we love talking about is the evolution of one single play."

Weiner says Marve is "the hardest working human being I've ever met."

Then he repeats, slowly: "Not hardest working PLAYER, hardest working HUMAN."

It shows.

When Marve took over the starting job as a sophomore there were no hints he'd be any kind of college quarterback.

In a pro-set offense he hit on 59 of 135 passes for 943 yards with seven touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

His junior year he was better, but still not a standout - with the team running a pro-set, two-back and spread offense, he completed 122 of 224 passes for 1,813 yards with 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

"When Robert was a sophomore and junior his worst thing was poise and presence in the pocket," Weiner said. "Robert would watch the rush as it was coming in. So we set Robert on a series of seven drills as to how to be more poised in the pocket, move with better footwork and manipulate his way around the pocket. And he worked so hard that now, absolutely positively, the greatest trait Robert has is his ability to slide and manipulate around the pocket and still keep a play alive. That's the thing he was worst at when he was a sophomore."

All the hard work paid off.

This year Marve broke UF quarterback Tim Tebow's state touchdown record with 48 scoring passes against just 13 interceptions. Running a shotgun spread offense Marve completed 280 of 421 passes for 4,380 yards. He also rushed 98 times for over 950 yards with eight touchdowns.

His best game was against Winter Haven in the second round of the playoffs when he completed 22 of 35 passes for 362 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions.

He led his team to a state championship, hitting on 31 of 45 passes for 313 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions in the title game. His winning four-yard touchdown pass came with 17 seconds remaining.

"That's when he solidified his legendary status in lore of high school football," Weiner says.

Marve is already the stuff of legends at his school, and don't be surprised if the same happens at the next level.

"As a football player I've never seen a guy make as quick an ascent from where he was from when he was a sophomore to senior," Weiner said. "He has the most remarkable improvement level from that time both physically, mentally, in terms of maturity. The kid has made incredible progress. There's no magic dart or anything with Robert. When he got done with his sophomore year we were 3-7 and Robert got the heck knocked out of him every game. Robert came to me after that year and said, `Coach, tell me what I need to do to be the best quarterback I need to be.' He kept an extremely disciplined schedule after that.

"I tell him every accolade he's gotten is deserved, because he's put in the time."

Marve put a lot of that time into improving his accuracy.

Weiner came up with unique system to help Marve get better in that area.

"We started a drill the end of his sophomore year where he'd throw 50 passes five at a time from a different route -- the soccer nets would be out," Weiner said. "And, from deep or short, wherever, he'd have to hit the side pole of the soccer net in order for it to count. The first time we did it Robert had 12 percent. Now Robert's close to 50 percent. That includes seam passes 40 yards downfield and trying to hit the side bar of the soccer net.

"One thing Robert takes pride in is his accuracy on short passes, swing passes, flat passes, screens, the ability to give the receiver or running back the opportunity to catch the ball and get up the field. Robert hits those guys in stride almost every time."

Something else Marve put tremendous time into is his mechanics.

It's to the point that Weiner says he thinks Marve can step in at Miami and play right away if needed, something freshmen quarterbacks rarely are able to accomplish.

"A lot of these other quarterbacks we see coming out of high school, they're not mechanically sound, need two years of fundamental work," Weiner said. "Robert has incredible footwork and ball mechanics with his hand. That's why the ball comes out of his hand so quickly."

Weiner expects to see Marve in the NFL someday.

And he compares the quarterback to a couple of current NFL signal callers.

"His intelligence and knowledge of our offense is like Peyton Manning," Weiner said. "And the escapability and the confidence in his ability to make plays is like Brett Favre."
 02-01-2007, 12:22 PM         #748
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 1, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Joseph Nicolas bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Earlier this week Homestead High School DB Joseph Nicolas said Rutgers had a decent sized lead over the Canes.

"I'm still a little bit open," he said Jan. 28. "It's not very big, pretty small."

Now the gap appears to be evening between the two schools.

"I'd say it's 60-40 Rutgers right now," Nicolas said. "It's not a small chance (for Miami). It's open for either one. It's coming down to signing day. I'm not going to announce anything before then."

Nicolas says he honestly doesn't know which school he'll pick right now.

And both schools will do what they can to sway him before the dead period kicks in following the weekend.

Miami's Tim Walton is taking an in-home visit with him tonight, and Rutgers' safeties coach is visiting him tomorrow.
Nicolas says the big upcoming decision isn't causing him any stress.

"It's going alright because I'm sure I'll know by signing day," he said. "Sometimes people call my family members, say , `Tell them to go here, tell him to go there,' but there'se no pressure because it's my decision."

Nicolas last spoke with head coach Randy Shannon two days ago.

"He talked about their commitments they have and how I can be used and how I can fit into the system," Nicolas said. "We talked about 15 minutes."

Asked which school is recruiting him harder, Nicolas couldn't single out either one.

"It's close," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #749
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Our recruiting class is damn good this year.... i wouldn't be surprised if Marve takes Wright's spot or at least pushes that fu*ker to do better next season.
 02-01-2007, 03:50 PM         #750
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wright might do better because of this

Competition = Step Ya Game Up
 02-01-2007, 04:25 PM         #751
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i say go after another DT
 02-01-2007, 06:06 PM         #752
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 1, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Martell Webb bioVideo highlights

Pontiac (MI) Pontiac Northern High School TE/WR [db]Martell Webb[/db] is taking a surprise visit to Miami this weekend.

Webb, a Michigan commitment, was convinced by UM coaches that he should come check out the campus and give the Canes a shot.

"This is my only other visit besides Michigan," said Webb, a 6-foot-5, 225-pounder with 4.63-second speed. "Coach (Randy) Shannon and coach (Jeff) Stoutland are recruiting me.

"They came to the school last Tuesday for a visit. Coach Shannon is an outstanding coach, down to earth, lets you know what is going on."

Of what he knows about the Hurricanes, Webb said, "I know it's a good school that gets their football players to the next level."

Webb says he expects to begin college at wide receiver but sees himself as a tight end eventually.

"Miami said I can play receiver there but eventually I'll grow into a tight end like (Jeremy) Shockey and (Kellen) Winslow," Webb said. "If I get bigger I can flex out at wide receiver from tight end."

If the Canes can sway Webb it would be a huge boost to the receiving class.

The four-star prospect had 44 receptions for 1,250 yards and 12 touchdowns this year. As a junior he had 37 catches for 930 yard and eight scores.

He's played receiver in high school, only lining up at tight end for one play as a sophomore.

He committed to Michigan early in the recruiting process and says he is standing by that for now.

So why is he taking the visit?

"I want to see what else could be out there," he said. "I don't want to limit myself to one school. I want to see what else is out there before signing day."

He has never seen the City of Miami before "the closest I've been is Orlando," he says.

What would it take for him to decommit to Miami?

"I have to see just the coaching staff and the players that are already down there -- I just want to talk to them and see what's going on down there," he said. "I consider myself a Michigan commitment. I just don't want to limit myself to one school."

He says Cane coaches are trying to show him he has a chance for an early impact at Miami.

"They have talked about a lot of stuff, said they don't have many receivers or tight ends, that they want to recruit players that are good," Webb said.

Webb spoke about why he chose Michigan in the first place: "The coaching staff is one of the main reasons, and it's an in-state school, one of the best programs in the country," he said. "And I've bonded with the new quarterback, Ryan Mallett. We've spent a lot of time together. He graduated early, is up there already."
 10 years ago '04        #753
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
No big time TE recruits this year... surprising... who's gonna fill that spot cause i think Olsen left for the NFL.
 02-01-2007, 09:10 PM         #754
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
No big time TE recruits this year... surprising... who's gonna fill that spot cause i think Olsen left for the NFL.
I think I know hes going to the NFL

just another great Miami TE in the leauge

of all these Wide Recievers someones gonna have to to step up and make the Passer look good next year
 10 years ago '04        #755
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Cap Peeler said:
there are some inexperienced but talented dudes there: dedrick epps and dajleon farr were highly touted out of high school, chris zellner is comin back, plus the new kid adderley in this class might eventually grow into a tight end...this is the position i worry about the least on offense, some stud is always waiting in the wings
 02-01-2007, 11:09 PM         #756
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
madness what the fu*k happened to your rep

jesus christ

*gives props*
 10 years ago '04        #757
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Black_Deuce said:
madness what the fu*k happened to your rep

jesus christ

*gives props*
lol, thanks, some ohio state fans didnt take to kindly to all my clownin after their beatdown

rep points are meaningless to me, but that loss will sting forever
 10 years ago '04        #758
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
lol, thanks, some ohio state fans didnt take to kindly to all my clownin after their beatdown

lmao hahaha that's messed up
 02-01-2007, 11:24 PM         #759
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:

lol they must have taken it to heart
 02-02-2007, 03:31 PM         #760
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 2, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Lee Chambers bioVideo highlights

Coffeeville (MS) High School RB Lee Chambers is down to a final three of Miami, Alabama and Southern Miss.

And he says one school is the frontrunner.

"Miami has a slight lead," he said. "On my visit [last weekend] I had a great time. I fit in real well. It's the U. Everyone loves the U. It's all about the U. I loved it down there. It just felt like a great fit for me."

Asked whether, if Signing Day were today, he would be inking with the Canes, Chambers says, "[The lead] is not big enough for me to sign with them right now."

Still, UM can thank head coach Randy Shannon for their current status as the team to beat.

Shannon took an in-home visit with the Chambers family that went extremely well earlier this week.

"It went great," said Chambers, a 5-foot-11, 189-pounder with 4.43-second speed. "All the head coaches that have made in-home visits, I've never seen my mom just click and be able to talk with a coach like she did with him.

"Coach Shannon was talking about Miami, how I fit in, that it's not what people are always saying about it -- it's a private school in Coral Gables. He said they're looking for a 1-2 punch at the running back spot - a speed back and a power back. Javarris [James] is a great back and strong, but they want a back with breakaway speed and he said I can be that back. He sees me as an all-purpose back."

How much of an impact will mom have on Chambers' final decision?

"She has a great deal of impact," he said. "She's not behind any one school, though. She said she wants me to go wherever the best is for me."

Chambers says he is waiting until signing day to announce a decision. An 8 a.m. press conference is tentatively scheduled.

"There's going to be a lot of newspapers at my school -- we're having a little press conference set up," Chambers said.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Fresh Prince otw to Netflix
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago