Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-30-2010, 08:57 PM         #7561
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Athlete plans UM visit at end of July
June 30, 2010

Livermore (CA) Granada High School standout athlete George Atkinson III visited USC for their summer camp recently and will visit Alabama, Miami and possibly Notre Dame in the next several weeks.

"I'll be visiting Miami July 23rd, will be there two days," Atkinson said. "I'll be looking at the atmosphere, things like that, if I can enjoy the community out there, how the coaches interact with the players, how the coaching is."

Atkinson is being recruited to UM by coach Aubrey Hill.

"I haven't talked to him lately - I'll have to get in touch with him," Atkinson said. "We'd been taking regularly for a while."

Atkinson says he has a top five of Miami, Oregon, Cal, Notre Dame and USC.

"They're all sort of even right now," he said. "I just have to learn more about the programs, the pros and cons of each school."

Atkinson says he has no idea when he'll make a decision. But he says he doesn't plan on making it until he visits all of his top schools.

"After I see all the schools I'll know which one is right for me," he said. "Hopefully it'll make it an easy decision, seeing how I like it."

Atkinson says he's being recruited by UM as an athlete - he could play receiver or running back.

Last year he finished with 960 rushing yards, averaging 9.8 yards per carry. He also had 250 receiving yards and 11 total touchdowns.

Of what he knows about Miami's program, Atkinson said, "Definitely I know about their history. They're on the rise, building up to get to the winning state. They have a good quarterback, a young team."
 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM         #7562
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Verbals Roll in for Johnson
June 28, 2010 by Luke Stampini

Avery Johnson is a name you will hear a lot about in the years to come. The talented 2012 Pompano Ely wide receiver was one of the leading receivers in Broward County as a sophomore racking up over 700 yards receiving and 7 touchdown catches. This spring the 6-foot-2, 180-pounder got the recruiting process underway early, landing several verbal offers.

“Spring was good, Alabama was my first offer and ever since Alabama offered me a lot of offers started coming in,” said Johnson. “I got about 12 right now. Right now LSU, Alabama, Florida, USC, UCF, Michigan, North Carolina, I got Miami, Florida State, and some other schools.”
Even this early in the process, Johnson already has schools that are standing out in his mind.

“Alabama, LSU, and Miami, those are my favorite teams,” explained Johnson.

While a decision for Johnson is far off into the future, he has an idea of what he is looking for in the school of his choice.

“I look at the facilities. See how nice the facilities are. Look at the fan base at the football games and stuff, academics, look at my position and can I come in and play early.”

Last fall, Johnson had Tennessee State signee Michael German slinging the football to him. This season the quarterback position is still a bit of an unknown for Ely, and Johnson trying to match the chemistry he had with German with his successor.

“I’m trying to get better with my quarterback because we got a new quarterback. Mike German is not here anymore and we got an incoming freshman coming in. We got to get his arm right and try to get us the ball.”

Johnson’s goals under the new quarterback are lofty as he is trying to reach 1,000 yards, 100 catches and double digits in touchdowns. Those stats are possible if the Tigers can match the passing attack they had last season combines with Johnson’s talents. He spoke about those talents briefly.

“I can get away from defenders. I can get off the jam as well. I separate from DB’s and I got good hands, good speed.”

Before the fall season rolls around though, Johnson has aspects of his game he hopes to improve on.

“I want to improve on my route running, getting in and out of my breaks and making better decisions. Work on my hands, I got good hands, but still need to work on them.”

Saturday, Johnson and his Ely teammates advanced to the Nike 7-on-7 finals to be held July 17.
 6 years ago '05        #7563
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
i f**ks with teddy b, dude is traveling for the 7on7 tour, he was in tallyho his past weekend - decked out in um gear...some dude told him

dont step on the grass

hes like - okay since i cant step on the grass right now, in 2 - 3 years from now your really be saying get off the grass

here go the interview for those that wanna peep

just look for teddy b's name

btw ne body know when freshmen report ?

Last edited by Deeangoe; 07-01-2010 at 07:36 PM..
 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM         #7564
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CB: I felt at home on Cane Visit
July 2, 2010

Back in April, South Ft. Myers (FL) High School CB Dallas Crawford thought he would make a quick decision to end his recruitment.

But now it appears his recruitment will extend at least into the fall.

"I think I'll decide during my senior season," Crawford said. "I don't know when yet, but I won't decide before my season."

What he does know is that the Canes and Michigan are sitting at the top of his list right now.

"It's neck and neck," Crawford said. "I'll know when I take my officials.

"Behind them I have Ole Miss, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Iowa, some other places."

Of why he has Miami and Michigan at the top, Crawford said, "Because I like the coaches. I have a great relationship with coaches at Michigan and Miami. So the coaches are the biggest key right now."

Crawford took an unofficial visit to Michigan in April, watching on for the spring game, and he was at UM for an unofficial visit last month.

"The visit to Miami went very well," Crawford said. "I had fun there, met with the coaches, got a tour of the campus. I met all the coaches - I already knew coach (Aubrey) Hill, got to meet (Randy) Shannon, (Mark) Whipple, (Wesley) McGriff.

"Coach Shannon, he just talked about me staying focused, don't lose focus during the year. He said how he likes to run his program. He's a pretty laid back coach but expects results."

Asked if anything surprised him on the visit, Crawford said, "I didn't expect the coaches to be so down to earth. I felt at home; felt I could be myself around the coaches."

Crawford says he's trying to set up visits this month to North Carolina, USF "and a few other places."

He's being recruited as a cornerback, but he plays quarterback and safety in high school.

As a junior he threw for 2,629 yards with 28 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also ran for 470 yards and seven touchdowns. On defense he had 10 interceptions, four returned for touchdowns.

* Teammate Sammy Watkins didn't go on the visit to Miami with Crawford but is expected to take an unofficial visit to UM at some point this month.
 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM         #7565
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Four-star RB Savon Huggins' list is down to ten

July 1, 2010

Savon Huggins took the next step in a long recruiting process on Thursday, as the four-star running back from St. Peter's Prep narrowed his considerable list of offers down to ten.

"It's Rutgers, Pitt, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Florida, Georgia, Stanford, Penn State, Wisconsin and Miami," Huggins told PantherLair.com. "I don't even have an exact count of how many offers I had to start. I know it was at least 60, but I'm just happy that I had that many to choose from.

"I still have to narrow it down even more, though. You can only go to one school."

For Huggins, the process of identifying ten primary schools involved a number of factors.

"There were a lot of things," he said. "It was the contact with the coaches; I have a good relationship with most of the coaches in the top ten. Also early playing time, and the atmosphere; I've been to every single school on the list except for Stanford and Florida, and I'm going to Florida in August and hopefully I'll get out to Stanford, too.

"And every single school I'm looking at is a good academic school. I'm real high on academics and I have a 3.7; academics are really important to me.

"So those are the main things I looked at. That's why I picked the schools I did."

With a more manageable list of ten, Huggins is now looking forward to the end of summer, when he hopes to make another cut.

"I want to get down to five before the season because I really want to focus on winning a ring this year," he said. "So before the season I want to get as much done as possible.

"I'm just going to keep narrowing it down with the help of my family and my coaches."

After narrowing his list once again, Huggins plans to take official visits and then make a decision. Most recently, he conducted a short tour of colleges, including a stop at Pitt.

"I just talked to a couple more players and went around the campus with my family," he said. "So my mother and sister got to see the campus as well and they liked it. And not just the facilities; my mother really liked the coaches and the people there. She liked it."

The visit was Huggins' second to Pittsburgh.

"After my first time there, I thought they'd make the cut for the top ten," he said. "I felt really comfortable with the coaches and I talk to them a lot. Whether it's Coach Hafley, Coach Walker, Coach Cignetti, or Coach Wannstedt, I'm really comfortable with them. That's why I knew they'd be on my list."

Huggins, 6'0" 190, is ranked No. 57 overall in the class of 2011, No. 1 in the state of New Jersey, and No. 9 among running backs nationally.
 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM         #7566
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Roberson Blowing Up, UM Moving Up
Jul. 1, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Marcus Roberson was somewhat overshadowed in the Raiders’ secondary last year by names like Lamarcus Joyner, Cody Riggs, and Keion Payne, and Brian Robinson.

That is no longer the case for Roberson (6-0, 170) after picking up so many new offers so fast that his brain can’t keep track of it all.

“I think it’s about eighteen offers now, somewhere around that number,” Roberson said. “I can’t even think of anybody right now but there have been a lot of new schools. I had a good spring so I guess schools liked that. It’s been good a little bit but at the same time, there’s a lot going on which has me thinking about things. I might even commit before the season but I don’t know yet.”

One school has jumped to the front of the pack for Roberson, and that is the Florida Gators following a recent unofficial visit to Gainesville.

“Florida, they’re good, I like them right now,” Roberson said. “Every other offer is even but Florida is at the top of my list. It’s not just football with them, it’s the whole program and the academics. When I went up there, it was interesting and everything was nice.”

Besides Florida, Roberson has visited Florida State and Wake Forest in the month of June. He lists Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and LSU as schools he wants to see on official visits as well as his trip to Georgia which starts today.

Even as recently as earlier this year, Roberson never figured that he would become as highly recruited as he is at this point.

“I never thought it would be like this, not at all,” Roberson laughed. “For one, I thought I was too small. It’s cool to have people that want to talk to me because it lets me know I’m doing something good. It keeps me motivated too.”

When Phillip Dorsett committed to Miami about two weeks ago, he said that his first priority would be to recruit his teammate to Coral Gables. However, Roberson said that his committed teammates won’t have an affect on his decision making.

“Phillip loves Miami but I’m going to make my own decision anyway,” Roberson said. “I can’t let nobody else talk me into nothing. You know RaShad (Greene) has something to say about Florida State too but I don’t listen to all that.”

Roberson has said in the past that he had little interest in Miami but since they offered him in May, he has opened up a little bit.

“Miami, they’ve been doing ok, I’ve been getting a lot of stuff in the mail,” Roberson said. “I haven’t talked to the coaches but the letters say that it’s a really nice private school. When I was back at Boyd Anderson, I went down to Miami once. I don’t know when I can get down there again, it depends on what my uncle says. Miami is equal with everyone else behind Florida.”

Roberson saw his playing time increase as the season progressed last year and he finished with 22 tackles and 2 interceptions.
 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM         #7567
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Canes Pursue Therezie

Florida cornerback Robensen Therezie lives about 30 minutes from the University of Miami and says the Hurricanes are now recruiting him the hardest. “They send the most letters,” Therezie said. “I love the program and the location. They win a lot and have good tradition. Coach Randy Shannon is doing a good job and they’re getting back to being the best. He brings out the best in his players..."

Robensen Therezie, the 5-foot-10, 185-pound three-star cornerback from Jackson High School in Miami, Fla., lives about 30 minutes from the University of Miami and says the Hurricanes are now recruiting him the hardest.
“They send the most letters,” Therezie said.

“I love the program and the location,” he said about the ‘Canes. “They win a lot and have good tradition. Coach Randy Shannon is doing a good job and they’re getting back to being the best. He brings out the best in his players.”

Despite living in Florida, Therezie says he grew up following Alabama, which has also offered. “I like that they won the national championship,” he said. “Alabama has great coaches and they have some good history and tradition too.”

Therezie, ranked as the No. 24 cornerback in the country by Scout.com, still denies a leader but favors Miami, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and Auburn. All of his favorites have offered as well as Ole Miss, North Carolina, UCF, Florida State, South Carolina, Kansas State and Kentucky, among others.

He denies a timeframe for making a decision and says he needs to get to know the programs better.

“I’d like to go to one or two camps, but I’ve got nothing planned yet,” he said. “I’m not sure about when I’ll commit. I’m just going through the process. I haven’t gotten to know everyone yet…like Tennessee, I need to know their coaches more.”

The only two schools that Therezie has already visited are Miami and Florida.

“Florida has a great campus,” he said. “They always have great sports teams. It’s a good school for athletics and their football team is always good too.”

Another program he hopes to get to know better is Auburn. “They have a good team,” he said. “I like the coaches and how they coach. They coach hard. I think they’ll be winning a lot in the future.”

Therezie reports a 2.7 core GPA and a 20 ACT.
 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM         #7568
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Linebacker Ready To Be A Cane

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard High School LB Conard Johnson knows where he wants to attend college.

"Miami," he says. "If Miami offers, I would commit."

And he says he's told Hurricane coaches that.

"The coaches said they're still interested in me, that a late offer will probably come in," Johnson said. "They're trying to scrape up the 5 star guys and get to me. That doesn't bother me at all. I understand it. I'm 3 1/2 stars, working on my fourth star, and they're aiming at the best players to see where they sign. If they don't sign with UM, they'll sign me.

"I told the coaches I want to go there, told them if you offer I'll give you a solid verbal. They say great, that's good, just keep working hard."

Johnson adds of Miami that "I like everything about the program. I like Randy Shannon. It's a very young team, and I want to win a national championship. I grew up a very big fan of Miami."

Just in case UM doesn't come through with an offer, Johnson is checking out his other options. He'll be taking summer visits to Rutgers, Alabama, Florida and Florida State.
He's already visited Ole Miss.

Johnson says he won't make any quick decisions.

"I'm waiting to see what Miami does before deciding," he said. "They're going to watch my first three games - after I send them that tape I know they'll offer me."

Last season Johnson finished with 100 tackles, eight sacks, two interceptions and two forced fumbles. He also had a defensive touchdown.

* Johnson says he and teammate Wayne Lyons hope to attend the same college together.

"That's what we want to do," Johnson said. "We're very close friends. He's pretty interested in Miami, too. We'll set up a visit to go back down there for a game next season. We'll see how everything works out."
 6 years ago '06        #7569
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
DCHRIS
 6 years ago '05        #7570
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami football program welcomed more members of its 2010 signing class to campus this week. Miami's class ranked in the top 20 once again under head coach Randy Shannon. Here's a look at who reported to campus this week.

Jermaine Barton OL 6-7 283 Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas HS

Jeffrey Brown DL 6-3 275 Evanston, Ill./Evanston HS

Eduardo Clements RB 5-9 190 Miami, Fla./Booker T. Washington

Asante' Cleveland TE 6-5 245 Sacramento, Calif./Christian Brothers

Devont'a Davis DB 6-1 175 Gainesville, Fla./ Gainesville HS

Jonathan Feliciano OL 6-5 330 Davie, Fla./Western HS

James Gaines LB 6-3 205 Getzville, N.Y./Canisius HS

Chase Ford TE 6-6 245 Corrigan, Texas/Kilgore JC

Maurice Hagens RB 5-11 232 Riverview, Fla./Tampa Bay Tech HS

Darion Hall RB 5-11 190 Naples, Fla./Lely HS

Brandon Linder OL 6-6 300 Southwest Ranches, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas HS

Kevin Nelson LB 6-0 213 Gainesville, Fla./Gainesville HS

Keion Payne DB 5-10 177 Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas HS

Kacy Rodgers DB 6-2 195 Southlake, Texas/Southlake Carroll Texas

Andrew Tallman TE 6-5 245 Carthage, N.Y./Boston College HS

Clive Walford TE 6-5 235 Belle Glade, Fla./Glades Central HS

Travis Williams LB 6-3 202 Norfolk, Va./Lake Taylor HS
 6 years ago '07        #7571
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Football season is approaching

6 years ago '04        #7572
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Football season is approaching

not motherf**kin fast enough...
 6 years ago '05        #7573
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
yessir :cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '04        #7574
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
keep the updates comin yall
 07-03-2010, 06:06 AM         #7575
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Recruiting Blog: 7/2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* There was rumors going around that QB commitment Teddy Bridgewater took an unofficial visit to Florida State earlier this week. That is true but it's because he went with his 7on7 traveling team while en route to Alabama for the national tournament. Bridgewater was one of 25 players who were on the bus during their stops along the way. He's still solidly committed to Miami.

* 5-star RB Savon Huggins from NJ narrowed his list down to 10 earlier this week. He received a very early offer from Miami and has some interest but the last time I spoke to him (about a month ago), he said the Canes weren't recruiting him nearly as hard as some of the other schools. After signing 3 in this past class, Miami likely won't make RB recruiting a major priority this year and that probably explains his comments. Don't expect Huggins to be in this class, or for the Canes to make his next cut.

* Speaking of incoming freshman recruits, the qualified ones enrolled for the summer semester this week. 17 new recruits started school. What does that mean? All 17 made it through UM's admissions office and will likely be cleared for the fall semester. The NCAA Clearinghouse can still come in and rule any of them ineligible but that's unlikely to happen. Five of the players who signed in February didn't make it through UM's admissions office -- OL Tavadis Glenn, DE David Perry, DT Delmar Taylor, LB Kelvin Cain, and CB Jeremy Davis. Taylor is already set to enroll at a Juco. The other four still have the rest of the summer to become qualifiers but it's unlikely they make it in for the fall semester. If they don't do that, look for them to enroll in a Prep School for the fall semester, where they'll be able to go through the recruiting process again. This happens to a few players every year and the return-to-UM rate has been about 50-percent during the Randy Shannon era. In other words, expect a couple of these players to play their college football elsewhere.

* Five-star WR George Farmer cut his list down to five yesterday and Miami made the cut. He denies a favorite but the word early on was that USC would be tough to beat. Their issues with the NCAA could have opened the door for some other programs. Miami is very much in the running for Farmer, whose friend/teammate (Marquise Lee) is also being actively recruited by the Canes. Look for both players to take official visits to UM in the fall.

* 3-star DB Robensen Therezie told Scout yesterday that Miami is at the top of his list of favorites. He has offers from UM, Florida, Alabama, and many others. At 5-10, he lacks ideal height but he's an excellent player and has the offers to prove it. The Canes will likely take two more DB's in this recruiting class and there's a good chance Therezie will be one of them. Another local player, Pace's Jabari Gorman, has an offer from the Canes and has Miami at the top of his list of favorites. A class of Albert Louis-Jean, Therezie, and Gorman is very possible and probably a good guess for still being 7 months until signing day.Mike Bakas
 6 years ago '06        #7576
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245

[pic - click to view]

07-03-2010, 06:32 PM         #7577
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lineman Newberry: UM is an NFL Factory
July 3, 2010

Fort Pierce (FL) Central High School DE Giorgio Newberry says the Canes remain very much in his recruiting picture.

"I've been emailing Miami coaches and have been talking to Micheal Barrow," Newberry said. "Yesterday he was telling me how they just came out of break, how he was up in Georgia. He talks about life. I have a good relationship with him; he's a really cool guy."

Newberry lists 37 scholarship offers, including Miami. And Barrow isn't the only coach he chats up.

"I talk to quite a few coaches this summer - I call as many as I can," he said. “I have tons of scholarships, so it's crazy."

Newberry has taken several college visits already, with his most recent to Rutgers last weekend.

"I haven't visited Miami yet," he said. "I have to sit down with my family and coach and will try to get down to Miami this summer."

Newberry says he hopes to get his college list down to 10 schools before his senior season begins.

"I haven't narrowed things down," Newberry said. "I'm still thinking it over, but Miami will probably be in there. I know quite a bit about their program. They always have a good program. They're rebuilding, will have a good season this year. They produce players like crazy. It's like an NFL factory."

Newberry could play either offensive line or defensive line at the next level.

"I'll probably wind up playing defense," he says.
 6 years ago '05        #7578
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
according to bruce feldman, seantrel is/was in town saturday

[edit]

according to keyshawn johnson, usc released seantrel and is coming to miami

Last edited by Deeangoe; 07-04-2010 at 11:42 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #7579
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
SEANTREL To the U...just flashed on ESPN :applause:
 6 years ago '07        #7580
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Wow

Randy Shannon>>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy