Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Forbes: Highest paid YouTube stars :wtf:
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-17-2010, 09:49 AM         #7501
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM in Pursuit of 4 star OL Antonio Richardson
June 17, 2010

Offensive lineman Antonio Richardson from the Ensworth School in Nashville, Tennessee, is the top overall prospect in the Volunteer State.

Miami recently got involved with Richardson (6-6, 310) when they extended him an official scholarship offer to gauge his level of interest.

“They offered me about three weeks ago,” Richardson said. “I wasn’t surprised because they had been corresponding through mail for awhile. They had been talking to me before because I’m getting a lot of offers. They wanted to see if I was interested before they offered just to make sure I really wanted that offer. I told them I was interested and I really am interested in the University of Miami. I wasn’t surprised, but I was still grateful for them to offer.”

Richardson has mostly been in touch with Coach Stoutland, who filled in the big man on most of the typical questions about Miami.

“I talked to the offensive line coach, Coach Stoutland,” Richardson said. “He filled me in on the numbers about the school, like how many students they have, and how good of an educating that I’ll get. He talked about the location of Miami and he said a lot of great things about the program.”

Richardson saw Miami play Florida State last season but interestingly enough, he also saw the Canes spring game which gave him a look at the offensive line.

“I watched them play Florida State, maybe Clemson, but I watched their spring game from this year,” Richardson said. “I was pretty impressed by the team and they’re looking pretty good right now. The offensive line looked great but they said they need some tackles. The line looked solid to me and I think they’ll do a good job this year.”

Richardson has reached 24 to 26 offers including most of the SEC and ACC powers, but he is completely open in his recruitment right now. He added that he will stay open until at least some point during the season.

Richardson briefly touched on his plans for the summer, as well as the fact that a trip to Coral Gables will likely have to be an official visit.

“We might take some visits over this summer,” Richardson said. “We just went to a camp at Tennessee to mess around but it’s so easy because it’s close. I’m really busy with classes and football but I believe I’ll take a lot more visits in the fall. Yes sir, if I get to Miami, that probably would be as an official visit.”

Richardson said that he sees so much in common between all the schools he is considering, so he is focused more on the people at each school.

“One thing that I’ve learned on some visits is that every division one school that’s really good, like SEC and ACC schools will have good academic support,” Richardson said. “What matters to me are the people because everybody has all the good facilities. It comes down to the people like my position coach, my strength coach, and my head coach because you’re with them more than anybody. Like I said, the people I feel really comfortable with will play the biggest factor.”
 6 years ago '06        #7502
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12016 12016
Wide receiver Odell Beckham from New Orleans Isidore Newman Schooll has been a Miami fan for as long as he can remember. But in a crowded year for receiver talent in South Florida, Beckham wasn't sure he would get an offer from the Hurricanes.

Aubrey Hill, the Miami receivers coach who is recruiting Beckham, suggested he come down for the Randy Shannon Football Camp and show his ability in person. So Beckham headed south on a mission last week and didn't plan on returning home to Louisiana without earning a scholarship offer.

Mission Accomplished.

Beckham was named the offensive MVP of the Shannon camp and when his mail arrived on Wednesday back home in Louisiana he found a U logo on one of the envelopes. A letter from Shannnon tucked inside.

Miami immediately vaulted to the top of his list alongside LSU with the possibility that Alabama could still make it a three-team race.

"I've been a Miami fan for a long time," Beckham said. "I was real excited when I got the letter. I've always liked everything about the program. They've had a lot of great players. I felt if they saw me that they would want to offer me."

Beckham worked out all three days of the Shannon camp.

"We did a bunch of receiver drills all day," he said. "It was real hot, nice Miami weather. I liked it a lot. I caught a lot of balls."

While Miami is No. 1 on his list right now, Beckham said that he isn't close to committing yet. He wants to take his time and make sure that when he makes a decision, that it is something that he really wants to do. He will also go to the LSU camp this summer.

"Coach Hill is recruiting me," Beckham said. "He's a good coach. He has told me to take my time, make sure I know what I want. expect Miami to be in my top 2. I think they are my top choice."
 06-18-2010, 12:11 AM         #7503
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
O’Leary’s favoring four

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee had Nick O'leary on their campus last week and two of those schools are in his top four. Get the latest on this five-star tight end here.
Last week, Nick O’Leary and his teammates Curt Maggitt and Jacoby Brissett visited four schools. They visited North Carolina first, then headed to Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.
The 6-foot-4, 240 pound tight end out of Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer shares what stood out most about each visit here:

North Carolina: “I like Butch Davis a lot, I think the coaches are cool, it is a nice place to play, and I had a good time up there.”

Tennessee: “It was fun; they had a lot for us to do there and I liked Coach Dooley too.”

Georgia: “Georgia is a really nice place, they have a lot of construction going on up there updating things, so that is nice, and I think Mark Richt is a very nice guy.”

Alabama: “I like the Alabama offense a lot; sometimes they have two tight ends and sometimes they have three, so I really like their offense. I like Nick Saban a lot too.”

Two of those schools are now in his top four. Over 20 schools have offered this elite tight end, but four currently stand out above the rest.

“Alabama is way up there and they have been there from the beginning. Alabama, Miami, Florida State, and North Carolina are my top four.”

He talked about the Crimson Tide and Tar Heels above and he likes the way Miami uses their tight ends and how close they are to home, but what about FSU stands out to O’Leary?

“I think Jimbo Fisher is going to use the tight end more, work them into the offense more than FSU used to, and I just think he is going to be a very good head coach,” he explained.

Working the tight end into the offense is something O’Leary is really looking at when evaluating his schools. He said, “I want to find the perfect fit for me as a tight end. I want a school that moves their tight ends around, that keeps them involved, and that knows how to use them.”

O’Leary plans to take all five of his official visits before he makes his decision.
 06-18-2010, 12:12 AM         #7504
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4-star DE enjoyed Miami visit

Anthony Chickillo is one of the top defensive end prospects in all of Florida and the Tampa (Alonso) standout took in Miami this past weekend. Read on to see what he's saying about that, the recruiting process, and more.

Anthony Chikillo has become a national recruit. His offer sheet will match up with just about any other player at his position. This past weekend, he took a visit to Miami -- where his father once played.
"I was watching a little bit of the camp and talking with the coaches," Chickillo said. "It was a good experience and my family was talking with the coaches, seeing everyone again was real good."

Chickillo said he didn't just talk to one or two of the coaches. It was all of them.

"I talked to the whole coaching staff," he said. "I like all the coaches; I got to know them all a little better, an dmy family is starting to as well."

Chickillo, 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, said he hasn't really started to narrow down his list yet but one school still jumps out to him.

"I don’t have five schools or anything like that," he said. "Miami is at the top. I just feel real comfortable with the coaches, real comfortable when I go down there. It’s a good feeling for me."

Next up for the standout defensive end prospect could be a trip to Gainesville.

"I think I might get up to Florida and do some camps," he said. "I am not sure though yet."

Chickillo knows what he's looking for in a school as well.

"I wanna have a good relationship with the position coach and it's gonna be important on just how it feels," he said.
 6 years ago '05        #7505
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
props
 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM         #7506
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brandon Fulse:UM high On My List

Fort Meade (FL) High School TE/DE Brandon Fulse lists 25 scholarship offers, including Miami, but he's still in the early stages of narrowing things down.

"I've got it to 15, and I'll try to get to all 15 of those schools this summer," Fulse said. "A lot of them are in the south - I'm going to try and visit all the Florida schools, will try to stay in the south area like Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas. And if I can I'll head out west to Oregon."

He says Miami remains "definitely in it."

"I talked to Miami coaches - coach (Rick) Petri and coach (Joe) Pannunzio," Fulse said. "They were just saying they want me to come there."

If the Canes want to land Fulse, they'll have to beat out Auburn, where he took a visit recently and left impressed.

"I wouldn't say they're No. 1 on my list, but I like them a lot and they're high on my list," he said of Auburn.

Of where Miami fits in, Fulse said, "I don't have a leader or an order, but they're high on my list, too."

Fulse says he will narrow things to a top 10 after the summer.

"I'll have visited places and seen what I liked," he said. "I'll get it to 10, then eight and seven and go from there."

Fulse says he had hoped to announce a decision Nov. 3, the date a favorite aunt passed away, but that he might not be ready by then.

Last season Fulse had 70 tackles, 20 for losses, with 10 sacks. On offense he had 18 receptions for 220 yards with two touchdowns. Most schools are recruiting him for offense, but some also want him at defensive end.

"Miami wants me as an athlete, whichever one is the best fit for me," Fulse said. "I like tight end better, but I'm still open to playing defensive end."
 06-18-2010, 09:34 AM         #7507
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DB Crawford talks UM visit
June 18, 2010

South Fort Myers cornerback Dallas Crawford repeatedly tried to set up unofficial visits to Miami this spring to take his first look at the school.

At least two or three times, Crawford (5-10, 185) was forced to postpone, and he felt bad because he knew his actions would come off in a way to suggest that he didn’t have that much interest in Miami.

“It was real frustrating because that made it seem like we were not serious about our interest in the university,” Crawford said. “We were a little worried about the coaches losing faith in us actually coming for a visit.”

Crawford, accompanied by highly touted teammate and Cane target Sammy Watkins, finally made it to Coral Gables for an unofficial visit on Thursday.

“It was fun, very fun, and I liked everything about Miami,” Crawford said. “The coaches were down to earth, it was a beautiful campus, and it felt like a family atmosphere. Basically we ran around to meet all the coaches and we got a tour of the campus. It was kind of just shooting the breeze, hanging out with the coaches.”

Since Crawford had not previously been to Miami, he talked about how the visit compared to his expectations before it started.

“I didn’t expect it to be as down to earth as it was,” Crawford said. “I thought it would be all these people trying to put on a show but everyone was being themselves. It was pretty laid back so I had fun.”

Crawford talked a little more about the time he spent with the Miami coaches, including Randy Shannon who he had previously spoken with on the phone.

“I probably met all the coaches, Coach Shannon, Coach Hill, Coach McGriff, even Coach Whipple,” Crawford said. “I spoke with Coach Shannon on the phone before but this was my first time meeting him. He said that he doesn’t need to sell anything to me about Miami too much. He talked about the academic side and it’s a great institution to go to if you want to have a prestigious degree. Most of the time we didn’t talk about football actually, like we just shot the breeze like old friends or something.”

Crawford has also been building a relationship with Teddy Bridgewater after one of the newest commits gave him a call not too long ago.

“One day, I was walking to football practice and I get a call from a 786 area code,” Crawford said. “I answered and he said ‘This is Teddy’ and I said ‘Teddy who?’ He said ‘Teddy Bridgewater’ and that’s how it got started because I don’t even know how he got my number. He said he wants to get something started so Miami can get back to where they used to be. He thinks I could help get Miami back to a national championship. That helps because I want to be around someone that wants to win because that’s what I want to do. With him committing, it’s good to know that at least he’ll be there and we have the same goals.”

Miami stacks up pretty well for Crawford who touched on some other schools he likes as well as his summer visit plans.

“They’ve always been up in my top five, if I had one, but they’re right there for number one basically,” Crawford said. “I don’t really have a number one but they’re right there at the top. I like Miami, Michigan, Wake Forest, North Carolina, LSU, places like that. This summer, I’m going to Wake Forest, North Carolina, Ole Miss also and hopefully up north to Iowa if that works out.

Crawford hopes to return to Miami “as soon as possible,” definitely during the summer. He still wants to take some official visits to make sure he knows the right place for him before he is ready to commit.
 6 years ago '04        #7508
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
keep the updates coming, fellas
 6 years ago '04        #7509
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
I stand corrected but Phillip Dorsett just commited to us.
 6 years ago '09        #7510
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
Add Watkins and this WR class
 06-20-2010, 08:19 AM         #7511
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Reels in WR Dorsett
Jun. 19, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Miami jumped to the top of the list for St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Phillip Dorsett after he took an unofficial visit to Coral Gables last Thursday.

Dorsett (5-9, 167) wanted to go public with his intentions so he decided to end his recruitment and commit to Miami today.

“When I went down there last week, it felt like home and the coaches were real down to earth,” Dorsett said. “The academic side was great too with all the private tutoring and the eleven to one student to professor ratio. That’s going to help a lot so that’s great.”

Dorsett previously said that growing up a big Miami fan was an advantage for the Canes in his recruitment, but he explained that it didn’t factor much into his decision.

“It really didn’t matter a lot because when you get into the recruiting process, you really don’t think about it,” Dorsett said. “Well I thought about it a little but it wasn’t a big thing. It is a dream for me and it’s a great situation to be able to play for your dream school.”

The Miami coaches weren’t surprised to hear the news on Dorsett since he had already informed them that he would be committing in the near future.

“Yea they knew already but they were really excited when I told them,” Dorsett said. “I talked to Coach Hill and he had a feeling I was going to commit. He was around Coach Shannon at the time so that’s when I told them. I said that I’m ready to be a Cane and they loved it.”

Dorsett definitely knew about Northwestern’s Eli Rogers who already committed to Miami as a slot receiver but it wasn’t a concern for him.

Dorsett will now turn his focus on getting more talent to join the Miami recruiting class, with his main target being his teammate, cornerback Marcus Roberson.

“Whoever shows interest in Miami , I’m just trying to get them here,” Dorsett said. “I’m trying to get Marcus over to Miami too because he’s really interested.”

Dorsett was a top threat on offense for the Raiders with 30 catches for 594 yards and 9 touchdowns along with 7 carries for 93 yards and 1 touchdown.

ESPN ranks Dorsett as the 42nd best receiver in the nation and he has been clocked at 4.43 seconds in the 40 yard dash.

Dorsett is Miami’s fifth commitment in the current class joining offensive lineman Marcus Jackson, defensive back Albert Louis-Jean, quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, and wide receiver Eli Rogers
 6 years ago '04        #7512
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
welcome to the fam phillip
 6 years ago '04        #7513
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,790 | Props total: 1395 1395
love this pickup...

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #7514
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
we gettin it in
 6 years ago '09        #7515
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
Phillip Daniels' son, Davaris, is announcing on Tuesday. Down to us and Notre Dame.
 6 years ago '04        #7516
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
WR Daniels Ready to Announce Decision
Jun. 21, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

DaVaris Daniels
Wide receiver DaVaris Daniels from Vernon Hills High in Vernon Hills, Illinois, has arrived at the point where he is almost ready to choose where he will be attending.

Daniels (6-2, 164) will choose from three finalists at 12:00 central time tomorrow in a ceremony at his school.

“Well the three up there will be Notre Dame, Miami, and Oklahoma,” Daniels said. “They all have an equal chance. Well they don’t but I’m not going to say anybody is ahead until I announce where I’m going.”

Here’s what Daniels had to say about each of his choices:

Notre Dame: “I can say everything that Coach Kelly is doing really stands out. The relationship that I build with a couple players on the team and a couple coaches, that stands out too. I probably have the best relationship with their coaches.”

Miami: “The brotherhood they have there is something that I would like to be a part of. I like everything that Coach Shannon is doing and it’s like ‘Receiver U’. It was always an attractive school to me, especially if I’m trying to make it to the NFL.”

Oklahoma: “They’re winners and lately they’ve been winning a lot. Coach Stoops knows what he’s doing and I’ve also built a relationship with Coach Norvell, the receivers coach. That’s why they’re still in it.”

Miami and Oklahoma have not received unofficial visits from Daniels, so he discussed why that isn’t a huge issue for him.

“I don’t think seeing a campus would change my mind that much,” Daniels said. “If it was bad, then I would just have to live with my choice but that’s not going to affect me on the football field. Of course, you want to say that it’s a nice campus but how it looks really doesn’t matter as long as the education is good.”

Daniels had expected a visit from Coach Stoutland in May but Miami sent a different coach to see him instead.

“Coach Stoutland had some kind of issue so he didn’t come because I think he was in the hospital,” Daniels said. “They sent another coach up to see me so I talked to him. I talked Coach Stoutland all the time and he knows a couple people at the place where I work out. He showed up there a few times so we talked very often.”

Daniels already knows where he will choose, so he finished by touching on what swayed him towards that school in the end.

“I’d say that growing up, especially in my area, you really hear a lot about this school,” Daniels said. “It was a powerhouse at one point and I think they’re back on the rise again. They have a couple people in the NFL that really draw me into it and that played a big role in my decision.”
 6 years ago '07        #7517
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
so what yall think??

he really gonna come across the country??
 6 years ago '04        #7518
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,790 | Props total: 1395 1395
Apparently so...

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #7519
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space

Team Shannon can't be stopped
 6 years ago '06        #7520
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12016 12016
Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Blackberry Byke
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy