most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-13-2010, 03:28 PM         #7481
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Maggitt Back From Unofficial Visit Tour
Jun. 13, 2010

By: David Lake

Curt Maggitt

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Palm Beach Dwyer defensive end Curt Maggitt just got back from a five day trip that covered many of the big time programs in the southeast.

Maggitt, along with teammates Nick O’Leary and Jacoby Brissett, took visits to North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama last week and learned a lot from the visits.

“It was good to meet a lot of different coaches with a lot of different personalities and schemes,” Maggitt said. “All of the schools had something special about them.”

One school who particularly impressed Maggitt during the week was Alabama. Maggitt participated in the Heath Evans Foundation 7-on-7 Tournament on Saturday and was seen sporting an Alabama hat.

“I liked Alabama. They have nice facilities and everything looked good. They have a nice coaching staff too.”

One of the highlights of the Alabama visit was meeting coach Nick Saban.

“It is crazy sitting in the same room as a legend and a great coach,” Maggitt said. “He was talking to me one on one and you can take a lot talking to a person like that.”

During Saturday’s 7-on-7 tournament, Maggitt helped lead Dwyer reach the semifinals before they fell to Glades Central.

“Doing good in these type of 7-on-7 tournaments is big because it can get our team better and get the younger players experience and have fun together,” Maggitt said.

Maggitt finished his junior season at Dwyer as one of the most disruptive defensive forces in Florida, finishing with 14 sacks this season while helping lead Dwyer to a State Championship. Maggitt spent most of the offseason rehabbing a shoulder injury he sustained during the season, but now he is back playing 100% healthy.

“I have been back since spring football, but I didn’t play in the spring game,” Maggitt said. “I just worked out with the team a little bit.”

Maggitt has a.ssumed the role of being one of the senior leaders this offseason and he likes the way the team came together during the spring.

“I think the team did well during the spring,” Maggitt said. “We have a lot of new people that came in, so it is a different team. We just need to come together and we will be fine. If we improve our chemistry that will be something that helps us out a lot.”

Miami was a school who Maggitt spoke to regularly early in the recruiting process, but lately he says the Hurricanes haven’t shown as much interest. Maggitt says he would still like to hear more for the UM coaching staff.

“I get letters from Miami pretty much every day, but I don’t really talk to them that much right now. It is still early and I am not making any decisions any time soon, so there is still a lot of time to learn more about Miami and other schools. The thing that is very important with me is getting to know the coaching staff.”
 6 years ago '05        #7482
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
I was going through some old pics on my facebook when i ran across these pictures from the USF beatdown in tampa

i can believe we didnt notice this dude...i guess me and my friends were just hammered we didnt notice...ne some dude whos wearing a gator skully and cane gear

we woulda been rankin on his a.ss til one of us got into a f!ght had we noticed him at the game :dancingcool:

6 years ago '06        #7483
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
Of the dozens of young high school football players who participated in this weekend's Randy Shannon Football Camp at the University of Miami, there was one who showed up with a particular chip on his shoulder.

That was Brockton, Mass. Defensive back Albert Louis-Jean.

Louis-Jean had already been offered a scholarship by Miami coaches.

He was already a Miami commitment and had already been awarded four stars by recruiting evaluators from Rivals.com.

But one thing has been bugging Louis-Jean ever since he committed to the Hurricanes on March 24.

"Nobody respects Massachusetts High School football," Louis-Jean said Sunday night as he waited for his flight at Miami International Airport. "They look down on the football up there.

"So I came down to show everyone why Miami wanted me. The Miami coaches also hadn't had a chance to ever see me play in person. So I went out there with a purpose."

Armed with some new bump and run techniques taught to him at the camp by Miami defensive coaches John Lovett and Wesley McGriff, Louis-Jean was totally dominant in one-on-one drills between defensive backs and wide receivers and then seven-on-seven drills.

"About 30 passes," he said when asked how many balls he defended in the Saturday workouts.

And how many balls were caught on him?

"One," Louis-Jean said.

He didn't know the name of the receiver.

"I was real happy with how I did," Louis-Jean said. "The coaches gave me good feedback. They said I am a fast learner and they can't wait to get me down here. They said that once they correct a few things on technique, that the sky is the limit for me."

That job will begin in Jamuary when Louis-Jean enrolls in classes at Miami.

Last edited by DEDOS; 06-13-2010 at 08:20 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #7484
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
Jabari Gorman clearly is near the top of the Miami Hurricanes pecking order in recruiting at the moment. When the Miami Pace defensive back wandered out to the Randy Shannon Football Camp on Saturday to watch drills, many observers couldn't help but notice the attention he was getting from Hurricane coaches.

But the upbeat atmosphere on Greentree Practice Field as campers were put through the paces hasn't changed Gorman's vision for recruiting.

He won't be making a commitment any time soon and is sticking with his timeline of narrowing it down to a top two by end of summer. Miami is expected to make that Top 2 and be joined by either Alabama or Ohio State.

"I am going to wait," Gorman said. "I don't want to make a decision too early and then feel bad about it after the fact. I am going to take my time and enjoy the recruiting process the best that I can. I don't want to have any doubts."

Gorman didn't physically participate in workouts at Miami.

"It wasn't like I needed to show anything," Gorman said. "Miami has seen me play."

Gorman did spend a lot of time watching defensive back Albert Louis-Jean, a Boston product who is committed to Miami but worked out to show the coaches what they will be getting when he arrives on campus for good in August. Jean ran a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash and blanketed every receiver who went up against him.

"I had never seen him play," Gorman said. "He could play in Dade County. He looked real good in coverage. He has real good footwork and can really run.".

Gorman said Miami receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Aubrey Hill told him that he watched Gorman play live in Pace's Spring Game May 21 and that seeing him in person made Miami want him even more.

Two other guys who continue to keep planting Miami seeds in Gorman's mind are Miami Northwestern standouts and Canes commits Eli Rogers and Teddy Bridgewater. Those two didn't work out at the camp either so they got a lot of sideline time in with Gorman. Then they met up again Sunday to prepare together for 7 on 7 competition.

"They were recruiting me before we even got there," Gorman said. "Every time I see them they say come on with us to Miami. But they understand what I am doing. They aren't pressuring me. We are good friends. We played against each other when we were younger and we compete against each other now. So we know each other well."

6 years ago '04        #7485
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Benjamin Learning About Bridgewater
Jun. 14, 2010

By: David Lake

Kelvin Benjamin
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Knowing that a good quarterback is coming in the same recruiting class is important to Glades Central wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin.

Benjamin (6-6, 225) says he did hear the news that Northwestern’s Teddy Bridgewater recently committed to the University of Miami and now he is trying to learn more about the future UM quarterback.

“I haven’t ever talked to him, but I do know he would be the quarterback if I was to go to Miami,” Benjamin said. “I looked him up a little bit and I hear people talk about him and stuff like that. They say he is a good runner and he is a good thrower when he runs around. I have heard a little bit about him.”

When it comes to picking his future school, Benjamin admits that it is important to come in with a good quarterback.

“That is going to be big,” Benjamin said. “I want to be able to build up a relationship with that quarterback so we can be ready as a freshmen and get those yards and touchdowns as soon as we can.”

Benjamin is the top wide receiver prospect in Florida this year and the University of Miami is making him a top priority at this point in the recruiting process.

“They are recruiting me real hard,” Benjamin said of Miami. “They came out to the school a lot during the spring and I talk to (current UM receiver) Travis Benjamin a lot. I talk to him about how they are looking throwing the ball around in practice and stuff like that.”

As a junior, Benjamin accounted for 861 yards and six touchdowns on 36 receptions.

On Saturday, Benjamin participated in the Heath Evans Foundation 7-on-7 Tournament at the Kings Academy and helped lead Glades Central to the final round against Miramar. Benjamin talked about the benefits of playing well in a 7-on-7 tournament.

“There is a lot of athletes out here and it is good to come out and work hard,” Benjamin said. “I can get a good bond with my quarterback. We are doing pretty good with it and we have been practicing real hard during the offseason. We just want to be competitive against all the other teams.”

Benjamin claims to be neutral at this point to all schools. He plans to participate in the summer camps at both Florida and Florida State.

USC is a school who has also shown Benjamin strong interest until this point, but with the recent NCAA sanctions being handed down, Benjamin is not sure what to think about the Trojans.

“I have been looking at everything on ESPN a lot with USC,” Benjamin said. “I don’t want to really go to a school that is under investigation. I want to go to a school that has a good reputation. I don’t want to be in a bad atmosphere.”

Benjamin says that he is on track to graduate on time and that he is looking into possibly graduating in December. During the summer Benjamin is taking a Spanish class.

“I am on track to graduate,” Benjamin said. “The only thing is I will only be able to play eight games this season, but I am not worried about that. I am just focused on getting to the next level.”

“I don’t know yet right now if I can graduate early. I am still trying to do that. After I take Spanish I am going to try and get another class in and then I will have less classes and I might be able to get it done.”

Benjamin plans on participating in the Army All-American Game this year and he plans to make his college announcement either at that game or on National Signing Day.
 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM         #7486
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wilder hasn’t heard from Miami

Jun 14, 2010

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Miami was the first school to recruit James Wilder as a running back.

Wilder, arguably the best 2010 prospect in Florida, held UM in high regards for wanting him on the offensive side of the ball instead of linebacker, where most schools wanted him.

However, his feelings towards UM have lessened over the past couple of months as UM has not been in touch with him.

“Actually we have not been in touch for a time now,” says Wilder, who says he has not heard from UM since mid-April.

When asked if he was disappointed that he has not heard from UM, he responded:

“They’re not trying to get in contact so I mean, I’m sure they didn’t take away the offer, but if they don’t want to contact me, then I’m not going to keep asking them to. It is what it is.”

There is concern from UM’s standpoint with their ability to successfully recruit a Tampa Plant prospect considering the falling out with former UM quarterback Robert Marve, who transferred and had his decision in the public eye as his father Eugene and coach Robert Weiner voiced their displeasure with the program in the media.

But Wilder, who is in his second year at Plant, has insisted that Marve’s situation would not affect his feelings towards UM.

“(Marve) is like one of my brothers here because he’s from Plant, I’m going to call him one of my brothers,” said Wilder in his previous interview with InsideTheU.com. “But I never really talked to him about (Miami). I talked to old Miami coach, Coach Hurtt and he just told me it was like problems he had and problems he went through discipline-wise. I know colleges feel very strong about that, if you have discipline problems—they didn’t kick him off the team, he was just second-string so nothing on Robert Marve, but it doesn’t affect me, definitely. I know discipline is discipline.”

In addition, concerns from UM’s point of view have also came up regarding Wilder’s academic situation.

While UM appears to be longer in the mix for Wilder, he has plenty of options and is planning on visiting schools this summer.

“I’m going to visit USC and Georgia for sure and definitely lots more like Oregon,” Wilder said. “I’m also going to go up to Cal when I go to USC.”

USC has been a school that has showed a lot of interest in Wilder and he says he still plans on visiting USC regardless of the recent punishments handed down by the NCAA.

“I just really want to go look at it. That was from the past,” he said. “They lost 10 offers or something, I don’t really know too much about it, but I’m definitely still going to visit and take my trip.”

Wilder recently made a trip to South Florida over the weekend with his teammates from Plant as they were one of 16 teams participating in the Heath Evans 7-on-7 tournament.
“It’s a team bonding thing,” Wilder said. “We drove four hours to get here. We didn’t want to drive out here for nothing. I think it brings us closer.”

While at the event, Wilder played on both sides of the ball as a linebacker and a running back.
“It helps with my endurance and it’s practice,” he said. “This is not a state championship, but I’m definitely taking it like it’s a state championship.”

Wilder’s squad was defeated twice by Dwyer led by star tight end Nick O’Leary.

“He’s real good. He’s a strong player,” Wilder said. “They weren’t really using him as a receiver too much, he’s more of a pick guy and getting into space. We were going at it. He’s a great athlete.”

The two had some heated battles at the tournament, something Wilder enjoys.

“I definitely like going up against (other big names). I love it. I love competition like that,” he said. “There’s not really a lot of people my size, he’s probably a little bit bigger, but we were going at it. He wasn’t letting up not one play, and I wasn’t letting up not one play. We just went back-and-forth until the whistle.”

Wilder is coming off a junior season at Tampa Plant in which he rushed for 995 yards and 15 touchdowns in addition to 129 tackles and 19 sacks while helping lead the Panthers to the Class 5A state title.
 6 years ago '07        #7487
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
wilder is alright

he benefited from weak comp in hillborough and tampa last season

lets see what he does this season
 6 years ago '05        #7488
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
i thought miami was recruiting wilder as a LB and not a rb...hence why hes not f**kin with us

6 years ago '05        #7489
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:
i thought miami was recruiting wilder as a LB and not a rb...hence why hes not f**kin with us

I read before that if he wanted to play RB in college then we would be #1 on his list but if LB then UF and everything I saw pointed towards him wanting to play LB
 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM         #7490
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gorman Close to a Decision
Jun 16, 2010

Monsignor Pace defensive back Jabari Gorman has Miami in high regard ever since he received an official scholarship offer from them back in February.

Miami currently resides in Gorman’s (5-10, 170) top three and although he doesn’t want to rush anything, he may be deciding relatively soon.

“Miami, Alabama, Ohio State, those are the three schools that stand out right now,” Gorman said. “I’ve been Miami and Ohio State, then like UCF, USF, but nowhere else. I’m trying to get to LSU and North Carolina this summer. I don’t know yet when I’ll commit but as soon as possible. It’s getting close though, I can tell you that much. It’s really starting to narrow down. Another thing is that I have more offers than the rest of the Miami commitments, so it’s a little different for me. I need to have support from my family on my decision too.”

On his latest stop in Coral Gables for the Randy Shannon Summer Camp, Gorman said for the first time, he really felt like a top caliber recruit.

“It was good and I got a little bit more feel for the camp,” Gorman said. “It made me feel like more of a top player now, not just any recruit. I was watching how the coaches worked the camp, and I got to talk to Coach Hill and Coach McGriff a little more. I met some more of the coaching staff and I enjoyed myself.”

Coach Hill has been the primary recruiter for Gorman since the early days of his recruitment back in September.

“Everything is good between me and him,” Gorman said. “He tells me exactly what’s real and what’s not so that’s just how our relationship is. He’s always a guy who gives me a reason to smile about the ‘U’.”

Gorman has been a high priority for Miami over the past few months and although he likes Miami, he hopes Cane coaches understand that he’s not ready to decide yet.

“I’m guessing they should be cool with me taking my time because any way you look at it, it’s still my decision,” Gorman said. “I told them I have to figure out everything because I don’t want to make a decision and have any doubts about it.”

Aside from what he hears from Miami’s coaches, the efforts of three out of Miami’s four current commitments are not lost on him either.

“I talked to the kid from Boston (Albert Louis-Jean) who committed to the ‘U’ already,” Gorman said. “I met him but there weren’t too many players I knew there besides him. Oh yea, I talked to Teddy and Eli the other day. I didn’t say them because they’re my friends and I talk to them day after day. I don’t even consider them like recruits to me, I think of them as guys that I know. They talk up Miami every day too, we just talked about the ‘U’ yesterday when we watched the team practice. It does (have an effect), it does but it also brings pressure. It works both ways because it’s not just players telling me, I hear the same things from the fans.”
 6 years ago '04        #7491
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
thank goodness for the world cup.... it has made me sort of forget about football season otherwise i would be going f**king nuts right about now :guns:
 6 years ago '05        #7492
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
thank goodness for the world cup.... it has made me sort of forget about football season otherwise i would be going f**king nuts right about now :guns:
damn i cant stand soccer...havent seen a minute of it my entire life and i plan to keep it that way...however it does give me a perfect ice breaker for these spanish chicks in my class
 6 years ago '05        #7493
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Release Date Announced for "The U" DVD
Jun/15/10 07:54 PM Filed in: The U
When Dave and Billy began editing The U in Spring 2009, they knew it would be a monumental task to sandwich 20 years of football history into a 90 minute documentary. Compromises would have to be made.

Like we do with all our projects, the film was storyboarded and a.ssembled in scenes. Then the scenes get laid out together, transitions are massaged, refinements are made, and ultimately entire scenes get cut.

Scenes get cut for a variety of reasons: repetitiveness, length, deviation from pushing the story forward, etc. One of my favorite scenes that didn't make the final cut was the QB competition between Kosar and Testaverde in 1983, but there simply wasn't enough time for it.
So when The U dvd comes out August 17th, it will include a dozen deleted scenes:

The Locker Room
Schnellenberger's Pipe
QB Contest
Joe Namath 1984 Orange Bowl
Michael Irvin in the Cafeteria
Locker Room Speech
Tim Brown 1987
Discipline & Education
Tad Foote at the White House
Lamar and Irvin on the Phone
Ibis Arrest
Depth & Competition

We're also including all the player intros and three additional featurettes:
the World Premiere at the Lyric Theater Miami City Hall screening Randal Hill's Q&A from the University of Miami campus screening

On top of that, we cut an additional six scenes that didn't make it as bonus features on the DVD. Starting next Tuesday and every Tuesday until the release on August 17th, we'll be posting those scenes on rakontur.com and on The U Facebook fan page.
 6 years ago '05        #7494
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CFN Miami preview

miami offense

defense

:dancingcool:
 6 years ago '04        #7495
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Teddy Bridgewater's commitment to Miami Hurricanes shows program is on the rise

Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater outruns a Carol City defender during the first half Friday, Sept. 4, 2009 at Traz Powell Stadium.
DAVID ADAME / FREELANCER
Photo

BY LARRY BLUSTEIN

The defining moment came just three weeks ago during a spring game against Jackson at Traz Powell Stadium.

As University of Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple stood in the end zone with fellow college coaches, including defensive back coach Wesley McGriff, his eyes began to wander, looking around at the building crowd on a rainy evening. He was also there to see one of the top prospects in the nation.

As Northwestern came out of one end of the lockerroom, everyone, including the some 20 coaches on hand from various colleges and universities, were fixed on Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater is used to the attention after leading his team to the 6A state title game as a sophomore as well as guiding the Bulls to the national 7-on-7 title in Oregon last summer.

In a spring game that watched him throw an early interception, Bridgewater indeed showed why he is still regarded as one of the best in the nation, riddling the Generals in the second half of a game that showcased the Bulls as a contender once again. He also sent a message to those who questioned his intentions of playing quarterback.

While nobody ever questioned Bridgewater's athletic ability or knack of making something from absolutely nothing, there was concern, from several college coaches, who felt that he lacked total leadership at the position.

Even before his game against Jackson, a number of college coaches were talking about his pending move to receiver at the next level. As they talked, he ran for first downs, picked up valuable yardage and spotted his receivers. As they plotted to use him as a possession receiver at the next level, he threw for touchdowns, one to close friend and teammate, Eli Rogers.

As coaches and fans spoke about his value to a team at safety or receiver, Bridgewater continued to show why he is a difference maker, someone you build teams around.

While the game against Jackson doesn't count or have a bearing on the upcoming season, it did give athletes such as Bridgewater, that final look before the summer. It also gave coaches, such as Whipple to answer any questions he and the Hurricanes had.

It also provided an opportunity for Bridgewater to silence more critics as he huddled with his receivers to plan strategy, went over plays with the offensive coordinator and provided enough leadership for Miami to land the best quarterback prospect in the state.

When Bridgewater committed to attend the University of Miami on June 4, along with Rogers, he gave his vote of confidence that the Hurricanes are on the way up, and he will be a major reason why.
 6 years ago '07        #7496
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
i hope so

we shoulda never fell off

f**k you coker....took our program into the dirt

its bout time we turned it around

06-17-2010, 09:46 AM         #7497
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Major disappointment if we lose O'Leary to Bama.

O’Leary Paying Attention to QB Situations
June 17, 2010

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Extremely skilled and extremely tough.

That’s the best way to describe Nick O’Leary.

Sounds a lot like his favorite tight end, Jeremy Shockey.

O’Leary, a 6-foot-4 tight end from Dwyer, who is up to 235 pounds, 15 more since the state title game, draws a lot of comparisons to the former Hurricane All-American and recent New Orleans Saints Super Bowl champion.

“He’s physical, kind of plays dirty every once in a while, and I like his attitude,” said O’Leary, who dominated Dwyer’s spring game with 10 catches, 142 yards, two touchdowns and along with eight tackles and two sacks.

O’Leary could follow Shockey’s footsteps to the ‘U’ as he’s considering the school in Coral Gables, which recently picked up a verbal commitment from quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

“I was talking to him about (his commitment),” O’Leary said. “He was texting me and just telling me how much he loves it, how it is, and all of that. I’m probably going to take a visit there and probably meet up with him and see what he’s thinking about.”

O’Leary will be paying close attention to the quarterback situation of the schools recruiting him.

“I’m looking at that and trying to find where the good quarterbacks are,” he said. “Alabama has a good young quarterback, Miami’s Jacory Harris is good and with Teddy Bridgewater coming in, he’s going to be a good player. And I want to see where (teammate) Jacoby (Brissett) is going too.”

Alabama has been pushing hard for O’Leary, who recently visited Tuscaloosa with Brissett and teammate Curt Maggitt.

During the Heath Evans 7-on-7 tournament, O’Leary was wearing an Alabama hat on the sidelines during games when he wasn’t in and after the games.

“I liked it a lot,” he said of his visit. “Nick Saban was a really nice guy. It was fun up there.”

O’Leary said he could sense the excitement around the program, which is coming off a national championship season. He also said there was something he learned about Alabama that he didn’t know before the visit.

“They showed me how much they really used the tight ends,” O’Leary said. “I didn’t really know. Sometimes they have three tight ends, which shows how much they use it.”

He’ll be taking a visit to Wisconsin on June 20 with his two teammates.

“I’m looking forward to it,” O’Leary said.

Dwyer lost in the semi-finals of the 16-team tournament, but O’Leary shined and put on arguably the best performance of any player at the event as he scored a number of touchdowns and was nearly impossible to contain in 1-on-1 situations.

“(Seven-on-sevens) help you and not just bulrush people,” he said. “You’ve got to use your hands and be skilled with it. It helps me with my routes and getting open.”

O’Leary recently finished up his lacrosse season falling to Benjamin in the state semi-finals. To make it worse, O’Leary used to go to Benjamin and his cousin is on the team.

He finished his junior season leading the team in receptions with 43 and receiving yards, 679. His seven receiving touchdowns were second as Dwyer won the Class 4A state championship
 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM         #7498
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RB Savon Huggins: UM wants me bad
June 17, 2010

Running back Savon Huggins from St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City, New Jersey, had been confused at the lack of interest coming from Miami since around signing day.

Huggins (5-11, 190) is now singing a different tune, because Miami has been singing a different tune to the Under Armour All-American.

“Actually I talked to Coach Stoutland last night and we had a good conversation,” Huggins said. “We were just catching up on stuff and he wants me to come down for a visit again. We’re keeping in touch some more now and everything is good again.”

Huggins was visited twice by Miami during the spring evaluation period and they let him know that he is their number one target at the running back position.

“They came by twice, Coach Stoutland came the first time and the defensive backs coach (Coach McGriff) came the second time,” Huggins said. “They said they want me bad and I’m the number one back on their board. They’re going to wait for me until the end, regardless of who commits. They said I could be a difference maker for their program.”

The break Miami took in recruiting Huggins may have damaged their chances to land the talented ball carrier in the long run.

“Wherever my heart is, that’s where I’m going to go,” Huggins said. “If I go there again for a visit and I feel like that’s where I should be, then that’s where I will be. It does factor in a little bit though because the whole thing was kind of sketchy to me. Coach Stoutland explained the reason behind everything so I respect him for that and I take it for what it is.”

What was the reason that Miami was slowed in their pursuit of Huggins?

“Back in the 90s, they got in a lot of trouble so the people in the office are very strict about the emails and the calls,” Huggins said. “Their phones get checked almost every day so he said it’s been kind of hard to stay in contact with me. They try to email me as much as they can and it’s been hard for them because of the NCAA. Coach Stoutland emailed me a couple days ago and I gave him a call last night like I said.”

An unofficial visit to Miami this summer, which would be his second trip to Coral Gables, is up in the air at this point. Florida, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame are certainly on his summer schedule of destinations.

“(Urban) Meyer, (Greg) Schiano, the whole Pittsburgh coaching staff, North Carolina, and Stanford as well,” Huggins said of the schools doing the best job recruiting him. “In about a couple weeks, I’m going to get down to ten or eleven schools. Rutgers is the only school that I know will be in there so we’ll see about the rest. I want to commit on signing day but if I feel my heart is somewhere, I might pull the trigger before that. Who knows, I couldn’t tell you what’s going to happen right now.”

Huggins finished his junior season with 211 carries for 1544 yards and 22 touchdowns to go with 14 catches for 79 yards and 1 touchdown.
 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM         #7499
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miramar cornerback Tracey Howard is one of the top prospects in the 2012 class. The 5-foot-10, 160-pound cover corner had a strong month of May during spring ball garnering early attention from several schools.
“The schools that came, West Virginia, Florida, UM (Miami), Marshall, Kentucky, there was a bunch, LSU,” said Howard.

Was Howard’s play this spring impressive enough to land verbal offers?

“Yes from Marshall, West Virginia and UM,” said Howard of the schools to extend verbal offers to the rising junior.

This past weekend, Howard’s talents were put on display at highly competitive Heath Evans 7-on-7 tournament. The biggest test, literally, for Howard on the day was when he faced 6-foot-6 2011 wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin of Glades Central.

“Going against KB it was a challenge you know,” said Howard. “I came to play, I played my heart out and did the best I could do. Overall, we did a good job sticking him, but there were a couple breakdowns in coverage. It was a challenge and I came to play.”

Moving forward with the summer, Howard would like to improve his size, working towards finishing the fall season with plenty of interceptions to his name.

“I want to get better. I want to get bigger, stronger, and faster. I want to hit the weight room more. I want to lead Broward and Dade in picks, and I want to be the top rated cornerback to ever come out of my high school.”

When asked why separates him from other cornerbacks, Howard was not bashful about his play on the field.

“I think I have more confidence than any other corner. I feel that I can lock anybody down. I have more confidence and I’m quicker. I break on the ball better and I’ve played receiver before so I have my hands.”

Howard and his teammates will be participating in the Dolphin 7-on-7 this Saturday.
 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM         #7500
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Booker T. Washington’s physical corner Amos Leggett is one of the top players in the 2012 class. The 5-foot-11, 175-pounder registered 6 interceptions as a sophomore, and just wrapped up a strong month of spring practices. All of which has cause college coaches to begin buzzing around Leggett early in the process.

“It’s good to have that many schools looking at you in the 10th grade,” said Leggett. “Just waiting for September 1st, but I got a lot of verbal offers. Ole Miss, Florida State, UM, South Carolina, North Carolina, and that’s about it.”
Leggett continued his strong play in the spring by kicking his summer off with a good showing at the Heath Evans 7-on-7. It’s the first of several stops Leggett plans to make this summer.

“”The UM camp looking forward to going to that one, Florida State, and I think Georgia,” said Leggett on his possible summer tour.

It would be easy for a player with Leggett’s amount of success and attention from colleges this early in his career to sit back and coast. Don’t expect Leggett to rest on his laurels. He is looking to put last season behind him and move forward with an even better fall as a junior.

“First step, I’m trying to forget about last season,” explained Leggett. “Last season was last season, and I got to make another name for myself this season. I just got to work hard and have a better season.”

Leggett went on to talk about himself as a player. What he believes are his strengths and weaknesses at the cornerback position.

“My strengths are playing on the line, jamming, being physical, but I got weaknesses too I got to work on. My speed, playing off, and that’s pretty much it.”
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago