Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #7461
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
WR Story Gives Bridgewater High Praise
Jun. 8, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Ja’Juan Story
Brooksville Nature Coast Tech wide receiver Ja’Juan Story has been one of the fastest rising prospects in the state of Florida.

Aside from being one of the hottest prospects, Story (6-3, 190) simply believes that he is also the best receiver who calls Florida home.

“I haven’t heard people talk about me but I think I’m one of the best in Florida,” Story said. “I have good hands, I’m fast, and I’m tall. I don’t know (how other guys compare) because when I have time away from football, I don’t pay attention to that stuff.”

Story, currently ranked as the number four pass catcher in the nation, said he is presently around the thirty offer mark.

“I don’t know how many there is exactly but it’s close to thirty,” Story said. “Georgia and Tennessee, those are the most recent ones. I’m not waiting for nobody but I wouldn’t mind getting an offer from Texas. I don’t even know what conference they’re going to be in. I’m still waiting on everything though, I’m open.”

Story has been limited to just a few unofficial visits so far and although he plans more over the summer, he doesn’t know too many specifics.

“I’ve visited FSU, USF, and UCF, but nowhere outside Florida,” Story said. “I’m going up to Ohio State, I know that. I think I’m going to visit Miami but I don’t know yet. I really don’t have any plans for visits that’s like for sure.”

Story received multiple visits from Miami this spring but he said recent phone troubles have kept both Miami and other schools from having much contact with him.

“I haven’t talked to no coaches really because my phone was acting up for a bit,” Story said. “Miami came to the school all the times that they was allowed to. I forget who the coach was, it’s hard for me to remember all the names.”

Story was not aware of the recent commitment from Miami Northwestern’s Teddy Bridgewater, but the name immediately struck a chord with him.

“No I didn’t know (he committed) but Teddy Bridgewater is supposed to be really good,” Story said. “I don’t know him but I’ve heard his name a few times and people say he’s a great player.”

Story took a moment to touch on what he is and is not looking at when it comes to decision time at a later point in the recruiting process.

“I want to play early, academics, but staying close to home is not important, not at all,” Story said. “A lot of people talk about spread offense or pro-style but I’m not really looking at that.”

Story’s numbers were limited last year because he played in a running offense but he still had 13 catches for 423 yards and 3 touchdowns to go along with 27 carries for 265 yards and 4 more touchdowns.
 6 years ago '06        #7462
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
big ups famo
 6 years ago '04        #7463
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
sooo....we should join the SEC
 6 years ago '07        #7464
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
sooo....we should join the SEC
ACC or SEC....it dont matter. Competition is competition and Im not tryna be boastful but we could def. take down the sec elite:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '05        #7465
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
 ttime236 said:
ACC or SEC....it dont matter. Competition is competition and Im not tryna be boastful but we could def. take down the sec elite:cool-smiley-009:
You havent even taken down the Acc Title.. and u been here how many yeas now.. LOL
 6 years ago '07        #7466
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Prolly the only time i agree with a FSU fan

i wanna win a ACC championship before we even think about leaving
 6 years ago '07        #7467
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
wait so with these usc problems

whats the deal with henderson??
 06-11-2010, 08:54 AM         #7468
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OL Bobby Hart
June 9, 2010

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas OL Bobby Hart says the Canes are running out of time.

He hopes to have a top 10 in place in the next couple of weeks, and if Miami hasn't offered by then he says he will no longer consider UM.

"I talked to coach (Jeff) Stoutland a couple of weeks ago," Hart said. "He asked if I was still interested in them, and I said `I don't know.'

"I don't even have an offer from them. The last mail they sent me was congratulating me on being in the Army (all star) game."

He lists 50 total offers - "Miami and Texas are the only big schools that haven't offered," he said.

Hart, who grew up a Hurricane fan, says if Miami had offered early "they'd be in really good shape."

Hart says he's surprised the Canes haven't offered.

"I don't know why," he said. "I was disappointed at first, but not anymore."

Now Hart says he plans to cut things down to a top 10 in the next couple of weeks. If Miami hasn't offered by then he says they won't be in there and that "Once I have my top 10 I'm not changing it."

If the Canes do offer by then Hart says "they may be in the top 10."
 06-11-2010, 08:55 AM         #7469
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Outlook For Jeremy Davis? Not That Good!

Hurricane signee Jeremy Davis knows he has the ability to make a big impact as a Hurricane.

But his focus right now is on simply becoming a Cane.

He's still working on sorting out his academic situation.

"I'm doing classes on line to switch out bad grades," Davis said. "I don't have to replace too many - I've done two or three already. Now I'm waiting for the year to end, then will send in my transcripts."

He hopes the NCAA Clearinghouse will put him through, but he won't find that out for a while - Davis' school doesn't wrap up until the middle of his month. He'll send in his final grades and then hope for the best.

"I think it's a pretty good chance I'll be okay," he says.

In the meantime, Davis is preparing as though he'll be on campus.

"The most important thing is you go from high school to college, you have to get ready for better competition," he said. "It's mental and physical."

The physical part is going well so far - he's gained 10 pounds from his playing weight of last season, currently weighing in at 178 pounds.

"I feel like my speed is better," Davis said. "I'd hurt my hamstring, but now it's healed and I feel I'm faster. I rested it for 3-4 weeks and started back running a few weeks ago and it wasn't hurting anymore."

Davis has been in contact with coach Wesley McGriff.

"He says that he can't wait for me to get there, get there and get to work," Davis said.

Davis says his understanding is he'll start off at cornerback and as a return man.

"They said with my speed they want to get the ball in my hands as much as they can," Davis said. "They also said they may get me in on offense."

Davis says he talks with a few of his fellow signees as well - he's been in touch with Kevin Nelson, Clive Walford and Darion Hall.

"We talk about the Ohio State game, we're all pretty much ready for it," Davis said. "We're going to bring them down - they cheated us in 2003 so it's time for payback now. We talk about it all the time."
 6 years ago '05        #7470
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
wait so with these usc problems

whats the deal with henderson??
im pretty sure hes gonna play with usc
shoulda came and f**ked with us

besides that i highly doubt that jeremy davis comes here, f**kin grades

make sure yall tune in to ESPN at 7pm for the Super Regionals Vs the Gators
thats if you even f**ks with the baseball team too

Last edited by Deeangoe; 06-11-2010 at 12:58 PM..
 06-11-2010, 03:07 PM         #7471
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Leads for WR Dorsett after Visit

June 11, 2010

St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Phillip Dorsett had hoped to attend the Randy Shannon Summer Camp which begins today.

Dorsett (5-9, 167) knew he wouldn’t be attending the camp, but he still wanted to make an appearance, so he decided to head down to Coral Gables for an unofficial visit on Thursday instead.

“I visited because I just wanted to get a good feel for the campus and all the coaches,” Dorsett said. “I had only been there once so far so I thought I should go again. I got to talk to the coaches, the academic advisors, the athletic trainer, and tour the campus.”

Dorsett spent the most time talking to Coach Hill, who is his primary recruiter, and he talked a little bit about the relationship they have.

“I spent the most time talking to Coach Hill and we just sat down to talk about everything,” Dorsett said. “He talked about the depth chart because a lot of the receivers are leaving by time I would be there. I think I could play pretty early at Miami. I talk to him a lot and he’s a pretty straight forward guy. He won’t lie, he’ll tell you how it is, and he’ll tell you about the other guys he is recruiting.”

Dorsett doesn’t personally know Teddy Bridgewater, but his recent commitment is a major plus in Dorsett’s eyes.

“I know they just got a quarterback commitment from Teddy so it would be great for me to go there and play with him,” Dorsett said. “That stuck out to me because I didn’t know if they were going to get a quarterback at first. Now that they got him, I know he’s good and that would be a great situation for me to go into right now.”

Many prospects make a distinction between the team they’re a fan of and where they should pick, but Dorsett said that growing up a big Miami fan is at the front of his mind.

“That plays into it a lot because I always wanted to play for Miami and be at Miami,” Dorsett said. “It’s great to know that I can really go there and that’s basically my top school right now. If I grew up on Miami and it wasn’t a good situation for me now, I wouldn’t go. It really is a good situation for me now so it plays another part that I always grew up a fan of Miami.”

Dorsett had recently named North Carolina as his leader, but he talked about why the Tar Heels as well as the Ohio State Buckeyes now sit behind the Canes.

“Yea it was really today (that helped Miami) because I hadn’t really toured the campus and I was only there once this spring and that was limited,” Dorsett said. “Other schools are North Carolina, Ohio State, USF, Wake Forest, and Clemson. Miami, North Carolina, and Ohio State, those are the main three.”

Miami’s recent jump comes at the most opportune time with Dorsett planning to make a decision before the end of the month.

“I’m going up to USF, Ohio State, and the schools in the North Carolina area like North Carolina, Clemson, and Wake Forest,” Dorsett said. “After I get these visits in, I’ll probably commit at the end of this month. I’m not too far off now.”
 6 years ago '04        #7472
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Dchis said:
UM Leads for WR Dorsett after Visit

June 11, 2010

St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Phillip Dorsett had hoped to attend the Randy Shannon Summer Camp which begins today.

Dorsett (5-9, 167) knew he wouldn’t be attending the camp, but he still wanted to make an appearance, so he decided to head down to Coral Gables for an unofficial visit on Thursday instead.

“I visited because I just wanted to get a good feel for the campus and all the coaches,” Dorsett said. “I had only been there once so far so I thought I should go again. I got to talk to the coaches, the academic advisors, the athletic trainer, and tour the campus.”

Dorsett spent the most time talking to Coach Hill, who is his primary recruiter, and he talked a little bit about the relationship they have.

“I spent the most time talking to Coach Hill and we just sat down to talk about everything,” Dorsett said. “He talked about the depth chart because a lot of the receivers are leaving by time I would be there. I think I could play pretty early at Miami. I talk to him a lot and he’s a pretty straight forward guy. He won’t lie, he’ll tell you how it is, and he’ll tell you about the other guys he is recruiting.”

Dorsett doesn’t personally know Teddy Bridgewater, but his recent commitment is a major plus in Dorsett’s eyes.

“I know they just got a quarterback commitment from Teddy so it would be great for me to go there and play with him,” Dorsett said. “That stuck out to me because I didn’t know if they were going to get a quarterback at first. Now that they got him, I know he’s good and that would be a great situation for me to go into right now.”

Many prospects make a distinction between the team they’re a fan of and where they should pick, but Dorsett said that growing up a big Miami fan is at the front of his mind.

“That plays into it a lot because I always wanted to play for Miami and be at Miami,” Dorsett said. “It’s great to know that I can really go there and that’s basically my top school right now. If I grew up on Miami and it wasn’t a good situation for me now, I wouldn’t go. It really is a good situation for me now so it plays another part that I always grew up a fan of Miami.”

Dorsett had recently named North Carolina as his leader, but he talked about why the Tar Heels as well as the Ohio State Buckeyes now sit behind the Canes.

“Yea it was really today (that helped Miami) because I hadn’t really toured the campus and I was only there once this spring and that was limited,” Dorsett said. “Other schools are North Carolina, Ohio State, USF, Wake Forest, and Clemson. Miami, North Carolina, and Ohio State, those are the main three.”

Miami’s recent jump comes at the most opportune time with Dorsett planning to make a decision before the end of the month.

“I’m going up to USF, Ohio State, and the schools in the North Carolina area like North Carolina, Clemson, and Wake Forest,” Dorsett said. “After I get these visits in, I’ll probably commit at the end of this month. I’m not too far off now.”
f**k YES !!!

Im a fan of this kid

[video - click to view]

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 06-11-2010 at 06:42 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #7473
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Hes a Cane

this kid is a beast

i think we are gonna reload on wideouts this class... 4 wideouts

we still got a young streeter and thompson redshirts...

Last edited by DEDOS; 06-11-2010 at 08:12 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #7474
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 597 597
I have a feelin he won't be able to commit, after getting Rodgers.
 6 years ago '06        #7475
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 booie4 said:
I have a feelin he won't be able to commit, after getting Rodgers.
he visited the scholl yesterday ... you think A. Hill would be lying to the kid?

clearly they would take his commit

and i would too
 06-12-2010, 12:15 AM         #7476
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Re-Enters Race for TE Barnett
Jun. 11, 2010

While on a junior day visit back in February, tight end Chris Barnett from A. Maceo Smith High in Dallas, Texas, decided that Oklahoma was the right place for him.

Fast forward a few months, and Barnett (6-4, 244) has withdrawn his pledge from the Sooners to be more open with the recruiting process.

“I had been taking visits so I felt like I was doing the wrong thing if I was committed,” Barnett said. “Me being in high school, you don’t get all these chances to go to the East Coast and the West Coast. You want to take those chances when you get them. Being committed when I wasn’t going there for sure, I was thinking ‘What am I doing really?’

Despite the decommitment over the weekend, Barnett is still considering Oklahoma and could still end up in Norman down the line.

“The coaches at Oklahoma, they really didn’t say too much about it,” Barnett said. “I talked to Coach Wilson on facebook about everything. He said he understood where I was coming from and he would continue to recruit me. I’m still looking at them but I’m open to everybody. I’m just going through the whole process and doing it the right way.”

Some schools that Barnett likes were among his favorites before his initial commitment, but others arrived at the party more recently.

“I like Oklahoma, Miami, Florida State, Arkansas, USC, UCLA, Texas, and Oklahoma State so that’s a bunch of schools,” Barnett said. “I would have to say that Arkansas and Texas were really the schools that stayed on me when I was committed.”

Barnett isn’t exactly sure about his plans moving forward, in part because he doesn’t want to rush anything but also because he is intensely focused on his senior season.

“I really don’t have a set time to commit again or anything with recruiting,” Barnett said. “I’m just getting ready for my senior year because I only have one more year. If something comes up, I wouldn’t mind some visits this summer. I don’t really call around looking to go places, I only go if I’m invited. Like I said, my main concern is my high school team.”

Barnett and his father have a long standing relationship with Coach McGriff, which dates back his older brother, Eryon Barnett, who Miami targeted in the class of 2008 before he ended up signing with Texas.

“I’ve talked to Coach McGriff every once and awhile and Miami is my number five school right now,” Barnett said. “I’ve known him for a long time so it’s not even about football like that. We talk about doing well in school, making the right choices, and keeping your head on straight.”

Barnett hopes to visit Miami this summer but isn’t sure if it will be possible because of his team commitments. If he can’t make it unofficially this summer, he said he will visit officially “for sure” since he has never made it to campus.
 6 years ago '04        #7477
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
hope jeremy davis makes it
 06-13-2010, 07:20 AM         #7478
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The defending 6A state champs prevailed in the Heath Evans 7-on-7 Tournament on Saturday.

Miramar defeated Glades Central in surprising fashion in the championship game in the 16-team tournament.

Dwyer and Belen Jesuit made it to the semifinals.

Other teams in the tournament included: Booker T. Washington, Boyd Anderson, Carol City, Pompano Beach Ely, Tampa Plant, Glades Day, American Heritage (Delray), Park Vista, John I. Leonard, Royal Palm Beach, The King’s Academy, and Olympic Heights.

Heath Evans, who won a Super Bowl with the Saints this past season was accompanied by NFLers Vince Wilfork and Kevin Faulk at the event.

Future Gators Chris Dunkley and Quinton Dunbar were also in attendance.

Class of 2011 Checklist

• TE Nick O’Leary, Dwyer – In an event featuring arguably four of the state’s top 10 prospects, O’Leary was the most impressive throughout the day. It’s not too often you see great players continue to noticeably improve, but O’Leary breaks that mold. He’s added 15 pounds and maybe an extra inch since the state championship game and is now up to 235 pounds. He runs excellent routes and sets up his routes very well especially mixing in his outs with his ins as he does a great job of planting with his lead foot. Not only does O’Leary run great routes, but he catches nearly everything thrown his way regardless of how many guys are on him—sometimes he had three defenders covering him, but he outjumped them to come down with the ball. He made one real tough catch in a crucial situation against Plant and came down hard on his back, knocking the wind out. He plays extremely hard and there can’t be a better tight end in the country. He has an extremely bright future ahead of him with plenty of options. Miami and Florida State remain viable options for him as well as Ohio State, Georgia, and Florida. A recent trip to Alabama prompted O’Leary to wear a white Alabama hat during the event. And for those wanting to count out the defending national champs with another top Florida prospect, I wouldn’t do so.

• WR Kelvin Benjamin, Glades Central – Benjamin was very impressive as well, scoring deep touchdowns and making tough grabs. Some felt Benjamin had the best day, but in my opinion I’m sticking with O’Leary. It’s absurd that some media outlets rank Benjamin outside the top 20 wide receivers in the country. Without question, he’s a top five national receiver. He runs very good routes for a 6-6 player, and has good speed. He’s also doing a great job of catching passes in traffic. One thing that he showed at the event, was his deceptive elusiveness in the open field, which is pretty impressive given his size. He’s a guy that should be able to get yards after catch at the next level especially if he develops a strong stiff-arm, something he doesn’t do a lot of at the high school level because he’s usually behind his man or coming down on them with the ball.

• LB/RB James Wilder, Tampa Plant – These types of events aren’t great for Wilder to show off his ability. But put on the pads and it’s lights out. Wilder said he enjoyed the event with his teammates as Plant traveled over 50 players down to South Florida. Wilder played on both sides of the ball, he was more productive as a defensive player showing off his strength and lateral quickness. On offense, it’s tough for a running back to get open or make deep plays.

• RB Tre Mason, Park Vista – Mason remains one of the more underappreciated players in South Florida as he has good speed and ability. He’s not at a powerhouse program, which hurts his stock, but is still a very good player.

• DE Curt Maggitt, Dwyer – Maggitt participated as a receiver and did an adequate job. One scout wondered if he could play tight at the next level based on his thin size at the end position, but he’s unlikely to be asked to switch positions as he’s one of the state’s premier ends.

• WR Neville Brown, Glades Central – Brown (5-7, 150) had a very good day scoring a number of touchdowns showing off his top-notch speed in the open field. He’s a blazer on the field and could play himself into a scholarship offer as a senior after scoring four touchdowns as a junior.

• OL/DL Van Davis, Royal Palm Beach – Davis (6-6, 270) did not participate in the event, but was in attendance with his teammates. Word around the program is that Davis is struggling to stay academically eligible for the fall season and is likely headed to a junior college, possibly Butler (Kan.) Community College. When on the field, he’s a nice-looking raw prospect with a good upside.

Class of 2012 Checklist

• CB A.J. Leggett, Booker T. Washington – Leggett continues to impress and prove why he’s considered the top 2012 prospect in South Florida. He started off the tournament slow, before recording a two-interception game. His best strength is his ability to be physical at the line. Leggett is coming off a six-interception sophomore campaign and lists UM as his top school in the early going.

• WR Jaime Wilson, Glades Central – There is a reason why coach Jessie Hester thinks Wilson will be better than all of the recent Raider standout receivers including: Deonte Thompson, Travis Benjamin, Rantavious Wooten, and Greg Dent. Wilson was dominant at the event showing off his speed, agility, and deceptive strength. He’s a good all-around receiver that should put up big numbers in a breakout season this upcoming year.

• WR Termaine McCullough, Royal Palm Beach – Dunkley deemed McCullough as “mini-me” in reference to his time at Royal Palm Beach. McCullough (5-9, 160) is a vibrant receiver with quickness, who did an excellent job of making plays throughout the entire event. He helped himself the most out of all of the prospects as he elevated his game and created a name for himself. He scored three touchdowns in a loss to Dwyer. He’ll be one to watch this season.

• CB Tracy Howard, Miramar – According to one opposing coach, he said he really liked Howard’s moxie on the field. Howard definitely plays with a little bounce to his step, and understandably so given he was a key player on Miramar’s state title team last year as a sophomore recording four interceptions. Howard has better speed than Leggett, but lacks the size of Leggett. However, the two will continue to be compared to each other as they continue to emerge from the pack as top 2012 prospects.

• RB Brian Grove, The King’s Academy – Grove (5-9, 190) is a well-built player with 4.5 speed. He’s coming off a sophomore season in which he rushed for 633 yards and nine touchdowns averaging 8.7 yards a carry while splitting the carries. In the spring game, he racked up over 200 yards and is poised for a breakout season in 2010.

Class of 2013 Checklist

• CB William Likley, Glades Central – Likley was a solid cover corner throughout the event that rarely saw many balls thrown in his direction, which is a good sign. Despite being just 5-foot-7, he has plenty of ability and his coaches rave about his upside.
 06-13-2010, 07:20 AM         #7479
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Gets Involved With DE Drew
Jun. 13, 2010

Ray Drew.

Defensive end Ray Drew from Thomas County Central High in Thomasville, Georgia, has plenty of offers considering he is the number three overall prospect in the ESPU 150.

However, Miami is his newest offer as Cane coaches wanted to review the film before deciding Drew (6-5, 253) should be targeted.

“The official letter actually came in just yesterday,” Drew said. “I’ve talked to Coach Petri, Coach Gonnella, and Coach Hurtt before he left to go to Louisville. Coach McGriff too but Coach Petri is the main one. Whenever I had talked with them, they said they didn’t offer because they thought I was a long shot at first. They were waiting on my film too but they had been recruiting me. They recently got it and said they liked it so they sent me the offer. I guess you could say they had an eye on me for awhile.”

Drew said that he is not bothered in the least bit that so many other schools decided to send him offers far before Miami did.

“The way I look at it is somebody had to give me my first offer and somebody will have to be my last offer,” Drew said. “Just because a school offered me first doesn’t mean their level of interest in me is any higher than a school that offered later.”

Drew, who recorded 72 tackles and six sacks as a junior, said that he sees a lot to like about what Miami has to offer.

“I know Miami is a great school academically and they’re on of the top schools in the APR that just came out,” Drew said. “It’s a private school in Coral Gables and they’re one of the standout schools in the ACC. They have great tradition dating back to the 80s and Ray Lewis did his thing there. With what the school has been built on and as long as tradition holds true, you can always look for something exciting to come out of Miami.”

Drew is up to 27 offers in total, including nine SEC schools and seven ACC schools, but is completely open to any school out there right now.

Drew plans on riding the recruiting process all the way out until national signing day, or at least pretty close to it.

“I think I’m going to be a late commit because whenever I make my final decision, it needs to be the right one,” Drew said. “I don’t want to go through de-committing and that type of deal so I’m going to take my time. Then I can make it out to all the schools and see what everyone has to offer.”

Drew listed some of the schools he has already visited and he mentioned that a visit to Miami may also be in the works.

“I’ve been to Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State, and over spring break I went to South Carolina, Clemson, Tennessee, and Auburn,” Drew said. “I don’t know when I could get to Miami but I have a bunch of family down there. They were talking about a family reunion down in that area. Depending on what they say about that and when it takes place, that will determine whether I get down there or not.”
 06-13-2010, 07:21 AM         #7480
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Barnett’s Great Eight

Scout.com caught up with Scout300 member Chris Barnett to get his latest take on the recruiting process. After de-committing from Oklahoma he has a list of eight schools that he has put in numerical order. What schools are on the list and who sits at the top? Read below to find out more…

Chris Barnett, a 6-foot-6, 250-pound tight end from A. Maceo Smith High in Dallas, Texas very recently made the decision to step back from his commitment to the University of Oklahoma.
Barnett had a number of reason for doing so, but the biggest reason was that he did not feel like it was respectful to the university for him to be committed while still checking out and entertaining offers from other programs.

“I felt kind of rushed in to it and my dad was not up there when I did it (committed) and that kind of played in to it, but the real thing is that I want to take all of my trips and see all of the schools I can, just go see the world,” Barnett began to explain.

“But really it does not feel right doing that, it feels like you are being disrespectful (when you are committed). It almost feels like you are doing something that you should not be doing, and I don’t like feeling like that. I do want to go see everything and I do like Oklahoma a whole lot, but I have an opportunity to go out see the east coast and the west coast and I may never have these opportunities again. So I am going to take those opportunities and you never know what is going to happen.”

Barnett felt that pressure ten-fold last weekend while he was on the campus of OU’s bitter rival , Texas. To participate in the Longhorns summer camp.

“When I went down to Texas for camp I felt almost like I was not supposed to be there, but I wanted to go but I was committed to Oklahoma and it just did not feel right. So I knew that the only way I could get that pressure off of me and the only way I would feel right taking these visits is if I de-commit.”

How was the camp experience in Austin?

“It was good,” Barnett said. “I did not really expect much, because when I first got there, there were a lot of people I did not even recognize, but then Desmond Jackson and Sheroid Evans and M.J. McFarland and everybody - all of the big time guys - started showing up. I was like here we go, now we’re talking. Overall, the camp was fine and I got motivated when my brother (Eryon Barnett) and Aaron Williams came to watch me. After the camp they said I did pretty good and I was wrecking on those cats.”

“So the camp was great.”

Now that Barnett is getting back in to the recruiting process he has a list of eight schools that he is considering and he listed them in his current order of preference starting with the eighth school first.

8. Oklahoma State – Oklahoma State has always been recruiting me and stuff and they have really been a team that has always been in the mix, but I really do not get the chance to talk to them as much. But my dad always tells me what they say when they come by, so I feel good that they have always stuck around.

7. Alabama – Bama with Coach Cignetti up there has always kept a close relationship with me and we always chop it up. We were supposed to go up there for a 7-on-7 and we could not make it, but they are always a powerhouse in the SEC, and that is the toughest conference in college football.

6. Florida State – I grew up watching Florida State, because my dad was a Florida State fan, so I know the tradition and everything they have. The tight end coach up there has always kept a close relationship with me. And Coach Stoops is always telling me he needs to get me away from his brother.

5. Miami – Miami is Miami. They put people in the NFL and I have always liked them. And that is why at the beginning of the process everyone said that is my top school and I am going to end up there. They are still sticking around.

4. Texas – This one is interesting… I am Texas kid. I grew up watching Texas. So I grew up watching them in the Mack Brown era and my brother went there. He brings people home that play football there and they say it is great place to be and you know the players are not going to lie to you. Everything they say about the program is great. The only thing they don’t like is that it is kind of clustered, but they say that it is fine once you get moving around, but they say the lifestyle is great.

3. USC – Coach Garza has always been recruiting me since he was at Tennessee and I have always just had a real close relationship with him. He recruited my brother and I was always around so he was always talking to me. I had an offer letter from them since my junior year and I never even knew it until he got there.

2. Arkansas – Arkansas is number two because of the relationship I have with Coach McGee and Coach Kabala up there. They are real down to earth guys and they don’t sugar coat anything to you. They are real. After I committed to Oklahoma they did not brush me off they just pushed even harder and I appreciate that.

1. Oklahoma – Oklahoma is number one because I committed to Oklahoma. I did it early but I had good reasons and I had good intentions. I did it and nothing has really changed with them. Oklahoma is Oklahoma. They are still there and I talked to Coach Wilson and they are still recruiting me.

Eval - Barnett was a MR. Do it All for his high school team as a junior in 2009. On any given Friday night you would see him playing all over the field on both sides of the ball, which speaks to his athleticism. He has all of the tools to be an excellent all-around tight end in college and because he is still raw his upside is even higher. He is one of the best pass catching tight ends that shows the ability to lay a lick as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy