most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #7441
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
Manny_Navarro Source at UM confirms Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater, WR Eli Rogers have committed to the Canes.
 7 years ago '09        #7442
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
 P. Dedos said:
Manny_Navarro Source at UM confirms Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater, WR Eli Rogers have committed to the Canes.

Yes sir!!! TB gonna take over for Jacory in two years.
 7 years ago '04        #7443
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
About Us • Contact

WR Rogers Commits
Jun. 4, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Eli Rogers
Ever since Northwestern wide receiver Eli Rogers received an official offer from Miami in February, he had been open about the Canes being his top choice.

Rogers (5-10, 170) made it official with Miami today and as a bonus, he was joined in his commitment by quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

“Teddy told me he was ready and we already had planned that we would commit on the same day to whatever college we go to,” Rogers said. “We had silently committed already about three or four weeks ago. I was waiting on him (Teddy) and he told me today that we should make it official so I said alright.”

Rogers always considered Miami his dream school and his connection with the coaching staff helped convince him that Coral Gables was the place for him.

“Miami is my dream school and I have such a good connection with the coaches,” Rogers said. “It just felt right and that’s what I was thinking in my head. The coaches were all really excited for me and they can’t wait for me to come down there.”

Rogers finished his junior year with 35 catches for 551 yards and 11 touchdowns as the Bulls’ number two receiver behind 2010 prospect Michaelee Harris.

Rogers wanted to let Cane fans know that they have not yet seen the whole package that he can bring to the table.

“The greatest has yet to come,” Rogers chuckled.

As a junior, Rogers had 35 catches for 551 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Rogers is an ESPNU 150 prospect and is rated the 114th best prospect in the nation. He is Miami's first wide receiver commit for the class of 2011.
 7 years ago '04        #7444
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Bridgewater Commits to UM
Jun. 4, 2010

By: David Lake

Teddy Bridgewater
Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater officially committed to the University of Miami today.

Bridgewater (6-2, 185) committed to Miami on the same day as his Northwestern teammate Eli Rogers and is Miami’s fourth commit for the 2011 class.

According to teammate Eli Rogers, who also committed Friday to Miami, Bridewater committed to the Hurricanes.

“Teddy told me he was ready and we already had planned that we would commit on the same day to whatever college we go to,” Rogers said. “We had silently committed already three or four weeks ago. I was waiting on him and he told me today that we should make it official so I said alright.”

Bridgewater, who succeeded current Miami quarterback Jacory Harris at Northwestern, will look to follow in Harris’ footsteps again at UM.

During his last two seasons as Northwestern’s starting quarterback, Bridgewater has been very successful. As a junior in 2009, he threw for 2,546 yards and 32 touchdowns with 12 interceptions on 165-of-262 passing (63 percent). Also rushed for 379 yards and five touchdowns.

During his sophomore season in 2008 Bridgewater guided Northwestern to the State Championship game before they fell to Sanford Seminole, who was led by current Hurricanes Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye. That season Bridgewater started as a wide receiver, before taking over at quarterback just before the playoffs where he threw for 1,560 yards and 16 touchdowns while completing 97-of-160 passes. He had just three interceptions.

Bridgewater has been told by the Miami coaching staff that he will be the only quarterback taken in the 2011 recruiting class.

He is an ESPNU 150 prospect and ranked the seventh best quarterback prospect in the country.

Bridgewater could not be reached for comment about his commitment.
 7 years ago '06        #7445
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
"Some of the player I want to bring to Miami with me are Dallas Crawford, Sammy Watkins, Anthony Chickillo, Nick O'Leary, Kelvin Benjamin, Jabari Gorman, and James Wilder."
teddy quote :wow:
 7 years ago '04        #7446
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
all the kids know boss shannon's gonna be around for a while, no more questions about job security

@the dummies who hoped miami would keep shannon hoping that he'd fail...be careful what you wish for
 7 years ago '05        #7447
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
wilder wants to be a rb, coaches down here see him as LB...unlikely he comes here
 7 years ago '05        #7448
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
should turn out to be a decent reciever...you know finish his 4 full years, graduate towards the bottom of his class and play a few downs in the nfl without making any noticeable impact, before ending his career in the canadian football league.
 7 years ago '07        #7449
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
Junior G is a clown

Lets get this recruiting class started

Bridge and Eli

Im in heaven
 7 years ago '04        #7450
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 MARTIAN MAR said:
should turn out to be a decent reciever...you know finish his 4 full years, graduate towards the bottom of his class and play a few downs in the nfl without making any noticeable impact, before ending his career in the canadian football league.
sounds like all of FSU's receivers
 7 years ago '09        #7451
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
 P. Dedos said:
teddy quote :wow:

We only have around 15 spots for this years class, so they gotta make the right choices in who they want.
 7 years ago '07        #7452
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
Shannon got this

7 years ago '05        #7453
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 madness said:
sounds like all of FSU's receivers
 7 years ago '04        #7454
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 MARTIAN MAR said:
sounds like Peter Warrick to me
 7 years ago '06        #7455
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
:mj2: :mj2:

Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater committed to Miami this afternoon, along with teammate Eli Rogers. The four-star Bridgewater selected the Hurricanes over several top programs, including Florida, LSU, Georgia and others.

"I definitely committed to Miami today," Bridgewater stated Friday evening. "Eli (Rogers) and I talked today at lunch about calling Miami and committing, and we decided to call the coaches around 4:00 this afternoon. I talked to Coach Shannon and told him I wanted to be a Cane, and help build this recruiting class."

"Coach Shannon said he was very excited," he said. "He's in Chicago right now, and he was really happy when I called him with the news. He told me how much he wanted me to be a part of his team, and that meant a lot to me."

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound, Bridgewater explained that he and Rogers will be actively trying to recruit other top athletes to join them at Miami.

"I'm serious about putting together a great class," he continued. "Some of the players I want to bring to Miami with me are Dallas Crawford, Sammy Watkins, Anthony Chickillo, Nick O'Leary, Kelvin Benjamin, Jabari Gorman and James Wilder. Those are the types of players we need at Miami, and I'm going to do my best to get them to join me."

Even with several other impressive BCS offers, Bridgewater left no doubt where his heart is, in explaining why Miami was the only choice for him.

"When I talked to the Miami coaches, they told me I'm the number one quarterback they want, and the only quarterback they will take in this recruiting class," Bridgewater explained. "I just felt like it's home, and it's right in my back yard, so that's great for my family."

"I know about all the quarterbacks they've put in the NFL, as well as all the great players they've sent to the NFL, and that's where I want to be some day," he stressed. "I want to be a great NFL quarterback, and this is the best place to make that happen. I'm definitely staying at quarterback, and there won't be any switching to wide receiver."

Bridgewater indicated he will be graduating early from Northwestern, to get a jump on his Miami career.

"I will be graduating from Northwestern in December," Bridgewater reported. "I will be enrolling at Miami next January, and I will be going through spring football. I have a great relationship with a lot of the players on the Miami team, and I haven't told them yet that I committed, but I'm going to do that tonight. I couldn't be happier about knowing I'm going to be at Miami to play college football."
 7 years ago '04        #7456
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Bridgewater talks UM commitment
NEW YORK -- Just got off the phone with Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who called me to confirm that he has committed to the Canes. Here is a short interview I was able to conduct with him in the middle of the Marlins-Mets game.

Q: Why did you decide now was the time to commit to UM?
"Right now, heading into the summer, I figured it was just a good time to do it. I just called coach McGriff and coach Shannon and told them about it. They were actually about to speak at a banquet in Chicago, so I didn't have a chance to talk to them."

Q: Are you still going to take your visits?
"I don't know about the visits. Me and my mom have to talk about that.

Q: Why UM?
"I'm going to be the only quarterback they're going to take. They're in my backyard. They've sent a large number of players and quarterbacks to the NFL. I just want to go there and become the next great one."

Q: Did the fact [former Northwestern quarterback] Jacory Harris is the man at UM play a factor for you in choosing UM at all?
"Not really. Jacory is cool. We're friends. But I'm looking forward to playing with all those guys who went to Northwestern.

Q: How much is this about you wanting to just get the recruiting process over with?
"Honestly, I want to be done with recruiting. I mean, right now, I'm just enjoying it. But it does get crazy."

Q: UM isn't going to have a big class. Do you know for sure you are going to be the only QB in this class?
"I don't know if it was a promise or not. They just said I'd be the only QB they would take."

Q: Is it important for you to play right away?
"It's important to me, but it's not that important. In college, the game is faster, you have to learn more plays. I know I want to learn the system. If I can play right away, I would. But I know it's going to take at least a little time. I just want to go in and compete, f!ght to get on the field."

Q: You sound relaxed.
"I'm excited. I really am. I just don't like talking about it so much. I like playing football. I like letting my play talk for me. That's it. But I'm happy."

Read more:
 6 years ago '04        #7457
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Im goin in

LB Steward Sets Second UM Visit
Jun. 9, 2010

Tony Steward
The hype surrounding Saint Augustine Menendez linebacker Tony Steward seems to be at its highest point to date.

In the first version of the class of 2011 ESPNU 150, Steward (6-1, 225) is one of just thirteen five star prospects as well as the number one linebacker in the nation.

“It was really exciting to know they have me so high and it felt good,” Steward said. “I was really happy just to know that I’m one of the top players in the nation. It shows me that my hard work has paid off and I always believed. I like to think I’m one of the best but I don’t really know because I haven’t matched up with all the top athletes around the country. I feel like I can play with anybody because I’ve been dedicated to making my game better.”

Steward doesn’t currently have a shortened list of schools but he plans plenty of visits this summer since he has only visited in-state schools so far.

“I think I’ll have a list towards the end of the summer after I take more visits,” Steward said. “I’ve only been to Miami, Florida State, and Florida. I’m going to Clemson, then Alabama, planning on stopping by Auburn, and maybe Georgia, Georgia Tech, and South Carolina. I’m going back to Florida this weekend, Sunday and Monday. I’ll take another visit to Florida State and I’m going down to Miami for a week with my aunt.”

Steward took his first visit to Miami in March so he talked about why he is making a return trip, which he mentioned will be begin around June 20th.

“I’m just trying to establish more of a relationship with some of the players and the coaches so I can see how the family is,” Steward said. “I’ll be down there more than just a couple days so I’ll probably get over to the campus more than once. I enjoyed myself there last time and I want to see if I can enjoy myself more than once. Since that was my first time, I want to see if I feel the same way.”

Steward said that Miami has found the happy medium, showing him enough attention to know he is wanted but not going too far that he feels unwanted pressure.

“Coach Barrow came by the school and they’re doing a pretty good job recruiting me,” Steward said. “Actually they’re doing better than some other schools because they want me but they’re not constantly pounding me to pressure me into committing. It’s good that they’ve been letting me take my time with it.”

Steward got to meet head coach Randy Shannon on his previous trip to Coral Gables but the two had a chance to catch up in a recent phone call.

“I spoke with Coach Shannon when I was down there but I talked to him again on the phone more recently,” Steward said. “He said it’s like a brotherhood there and all the players who come from Miami return to work out with other. Some of them don’t even know each other from different generations but the ‘U’ is instantly their brotherly bond.”

Steward remains high on Florida State but clarified that just because they were his childhood favorite, doesn’t mean they’re the best school for him now.

“I love Florida State and they have great family atmosphere up there too,” Steward said. “I feel good whenever I’m on their campus and that’s my favorite college from my childhood days. I can’t say I’m going to Florida State but I really do like them.”
 6 years ago '04        #7458
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
UM Extends Offer to DT Peat
Jun. 9, 2010

Multiple new names have recently popped up in Miami’s defensive tackle recruiting, and one of those is Todd Peat from Corona Del Sol High in Tempe, Arizona.

Peat (6-3, 295), who had 31 tackles and 4 sacks as a junior since he missed half the season with an injury, wasn’t too surprised by the offer.

“Miami offered on like Thursday or Friday last week,” Peat said. “They had told me that it would come but I hadn’t talked to them for awhile. I was a little bit surprised but at the same time, I was kind of expecting it. When I talked to Coach Barrow recently, he said the reason it took so long is because they’re trying to bring in two tackles this year. They wanted to do a good job evaluating because they’re hoping for one in-state guy and one out of state guy. I think they offered me and like two other kids, but I’m not sure.”

Peat talked a little bit about what attracts him to Miami’s program and what he knows about the Canes at this point in the recruiting process.

“I know they play really good football and they’ve won national championships in the past,” Peat said. “They’re really on the rise now and they’ve had a few really good recruiting classes. It’s also a good academic school. I saw them play a couple times last year. They have a tough defense, especially in the front seven, I liked the way their defensive line played, and I was really impressed by the quarterback too.”

Peat has “16 or 17” offers including many of the members of the current Pac-10 and he hopes to be able to cut his list down by the start of August.

“Yea I’m going to cut it down to seven or eight by the end of July or the beginning of August,” Peat said. “The offers I can think of right now are Alabama, Nebraska, Miami, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, but I know there are more.”

Peat discussed his plans moving forward which include taking all of his official visits and a decision after the season ends.

“Actually I’m trying to get out to as many places as I can this summer,” Peat said. “I’ll do the majority of that in July, just taking unofficial visits to different places. We are going to make it to the East Coast but I don’t know if Miami will be in that. If we don’t, I could definitely take an official to Miami. I want to take all my official visits so I can commit somewhere after the season.”

Peat has a top three in terms of what he is looking for in his future home, with playing time as the top concern in his mind.

“My number one factor for sure is playing early, also good academics, then third is a coaching staff that can help me develop towards the next level,” Peat said. “Location is not really that big of a deal because Miami is a great city so that’s not much of a factor.”
 6 years ago '04        #7459
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Miami Offers Texas 2012 WR Johnson
Jun. 9, 2010

Thomas Johnson.
Dallas (Texas) Skyline 2012 wide receiver Thomas Johnson has yet to play a down in a Raider uniform.

Most would a.ssume that Johnson (5-11, 180) was just a little young to play for a powerhouse school like Skyline, but he actually spent his sophomore season at Arlington (Texas) Oakridge, a smaller private school before transferring.

“I came here to Skyline at the end of the Christmas break and when the semester started, I wasn’t fully transferred yet,” Johnson said. “It’s been pretty good so far but it’s way different than private school so that’s good. The level of play is the biggest thing. They play at private schools but it’s not the same competition as 5A Texas football.”

Johnson is also transitioning to wide receiver from quarterback where he played last season. He completed 60 of 109 passes for 1095 yards and 14 touchdowns with 3 interceptions while rushing 125 times for 1626 yards and 25 touchdowns.

Skyline is a regular producer of top college talent, and Johnson has received some advice from 2010 receiver Mike Davis, who finished as the 13th ranked player in the country.

“It feels good to have people talk about me because I’m from Skyline,” Johnson said. “A lot of players, I mean like several guys have gone to division one schools from Skyline. Some of them went on to the NFL too so we definitely produce good prospects. With football, when I came in, Mike Davis told me that I was making the same mistakes that he did. I’ve been working on that this spring and summer. As far as recruiting, my coach just told me to sit back and wait until all my cards show. Don’t feel the need to be rushed into a commitment.”

Johnson already has four major verbal scholarship offers but he said that he never really followed one school in particular.

“I got University of Miami in Florida, USC, Texas A&M, and then the other day my coach texted me that Auburn offered,” Johnson said. “Oklahoma State invited me to their camp this Sunday and so did Texas. I never really followed one team, I just like to watch. I’m just sitting back and waiting for schools right now.”

Johnson hasn’t seen any schools yet so he would like to this summer but he figured they would probably be more around his area for convenience reasons.

Coach McGriff was at Skyline in May to check in on 2011 linebacker Anthony Wallace, but seeing Johnson in action was enough to extend a new offer.

“Their secondary coach (Coach McGriff) was out there watching me this spring,” Johnson said. “I knew he was interested in me and our recruiting director at Skyline had told me that Miami offered so that’s how I found out. I like that they’re in the ACC because that’s a real good conference. They had a good year last year but they’re stepping up their game. Their defense always is good and the offense is better so they’re just a good team overall."
 6 years ago '04        #7460
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
UM Offer Arrives for S Therezie
Jun. 8, 2010

Robenson Therezie
Jackson safety Robenson Therezie had been gathering a nice set of scholarship offers since the passing of national signing day in February.

The main omission for Therezie (5-11, 185) had been the hometown Miami Hurricanes, but now that void has been filled.

“I’m not sure about the date but I think I got the offer from Miami last week on Monday,” Therezie said. “I was really proud and really excited to get that. Now they’re in my top five for sure.”

Therezie added had not spoken with Miami recently and was not visited this spring, so the offer was especially surprising.

In a previous interview with InsideTheU.com, Therezie had expressed concerns about the depth of Miami’s defensive backfield.

“Miami wants me for safety and I play safety so I like that even though I can play corner too,” Therezie said. “Now that I’m confident in what I can do, I’m not worried about the depth chart or who they got there right now.”

Therezie talked about which schools round out his top five and he is ready to move forward since Miami was the last school he was really waiting on to offer.

“Alabama, Tennessee, University of Florida, and Auburn are the other schools in my top five,” Therezie said. “They’re all pretty equal until I can make some visits. No sir, I’m not waiting on anymore schools, Miami was the last one so I’m straight now.”

Therezie has not visited any of his top five schools and likely won’t until the fall, although he didn’t rule out the possibility of unofficial visits this summer.

“I’m going to take my official visits to all of my top five sometime during the season,” Therezie said. “I don’t know if I’m going anywhere this summer, maybe. I think I’m going to make my choice towards the end of the season, after I get the visits in.”

Therezie was an all-purpose player last year as he made 81 tackles, 3 interceptions, and forced 9 fumbles from his safety spot. He also started at running back for the Generals where he had 35 carries for 279 yards and 3 touchdowns along with 13 receptions for 239 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
79 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago