Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #7421
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[pic - click to view]

Anderson, a Glenville senior, broke former NFL star Smith's hallowed meet record in the 400 meters and helped
the Tarblooders continue their streak of district titles.

Anderson's goals Friday were to beat the time Smith ran, 47.55, in 1988, and to better Glenville grad Ted Ginn
Jr.'s 2004 meet record of 21.37 in the 200. Anderson ran a 47.26 in the 400, but fell short in the 200 with a
winning time of 22.05.

"It was very, very important to break those records," Anderson said. "We've talked all year about putting on a show
for the people and these records have stood for a long time. I just missed the last one by a little bit."
 7 years ago '07        #7422
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
damn

good news every week
 7 years ago '05        #7423
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
funny excane sighting...saw lamar thomas at the epic hotel lounge in brickell last night
he was with a nice snowbunnie... i like your style lamar
 7 years ago '04        #7424
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
twan anderson's a burner, gonna need to find a way to get him on the field
 7 years ago '06        #7425
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
 Hurricane Ra said:
This is for all Hurricane stuff. Recruiting,news,videos, youtube hits what not.. Keep the Cane hate outta here, if you wanna hate talk to the 5 National Championships we have in 22 years.. Or else you finna to get your noodle whipped

[pic - click to view]

the first post is epic
 7 years ago '04        #7426
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Recruiting Outlook: The TEs and OLs
May. 25, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

West Palm Beach Dwyer TE Nick O'Leary (left) and Vero Beach OL Marcus Jackson (right) are two coveted UM recruits.
Both the tight end and offensive line position will not be filled with great numbers in the 2011 Miami recruiting class.

After all, the Canes did sign three tight ends in the 2010 class to go with ten offensive linemen in the last two classes combined.

Anytime numbers are limited at a position, it means the quality of whoever they do get is that much more important.

Tight End

Miami is looking at taking just one tight end and likely two, but possibly three offensive linemen in this recruiting cycle.

The tight end position basically boils down to two names, the first being Palm Beach Gardens Dwyer’s Nick O’Leary (6-4, 230). O’Leary has basically all the attributes anyone would ever look for in a tight end. What stands out the most are his hands and just his love for playing football. Florida State is the main competition for Miami on this one with others like Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and USC also in the mix.

The second name at tight end is Fort Meade’s Brandon Fulse (6-4, 250). Physically, Fulse looks more like a future offensive lineman but he has such soft hands. He also plays defensive end but says he favors playing on the offensive side of the ball. He grew up a big Miami fan but the Canes offered him in February, later than some other powers. Miami has done a good job with him since but have tough competition coming from Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson.

Offensive Linemen

On the offensive line front, Miami already has one name in the fold in Vero Beach’s Marcus Jackson (6-3, 300). Jackson projects as a guard and his game is pretty polished at this point. He will need to redistribute his weight somewhat to tone up physically. He claims to be a solid Cane commit but Florida has remained involved to a point.

Another major Cane target is Lakeland Lake Gibson’s Errin Joe (6-2, 286). One of the most impressive things about Joe, aside from his abilities on the field, is just the type of person that he is. He is always a yes sir, no sir, type of kid who is extremely respectful of anyone he comes in contact with. Miami has made him a high priority since day one but he is very high on Florida State as well. Those two are rumored to be the favorites.

A newer name that Miami has become involved with during the spring evaluation period is Orlando Boone’s Max Lang (6-4, 280). Lang currently plays offensive tackle but will likely have to make the adjustment to guard in college. He got his first offer from Florida State and the Seminoles have been involved for months. Miami is one of the newcomers to the race but he is intent on visiting over the summer at some point.

Another target to emerge on Miami’s radar more recently is Jamar Lewter (6-8, 280) out of Ballou High in Washington, D.C. Lewter has a frame that is oozing with potential, similar to that of 2010 signee Jermaine Barton. He hasn’t communicated too much with Miami yet but just a Cane offer has them among his top five. USC is also in the mix with the rumored leaders as Auburn and North Carolina.

One final target that Miami has put a lot of work into recruiting is Brey Cook (6-6, 295) out of Har-Ber High in Springdale, Arkansas. Cook is a very well rounded prospect who does a lot of things well, which is why he is so highly touted. Miami is a contender because of his relationship with Coach Stoutland, and USC is also a school of interest. The schools with the best chance to land him are likely Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
 7 years ago '04        #7427
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Recruiting Outlook: The LBs
May. 27, 2010

Denzel Perryman (left) and Rob Hankins (right) are two linebackers that have high interest in UM.
Miami’s top linebackers look to be relatively set in stone with guys like Colin McCarthy, Sean Spence, Jordan Futch, and Ramon Buchanan.

Behind them are a bunch of guys who have played extremely limited, or in many cases even zero, snaps on defense in their career so far.

After signing five linebackers in the 2010 class, the numbers will be more limited in 2011 with the Canes looking to take just two, with a possibly of a third.

The first name is a guy who it seems like Miami fans have been waiting for to reach his senior year for about five years now. Coral Gables’ Denzel Perryman (5-11, 201) has been starting since his freshman year and has 310 career tackles. Perryman can deliver the knockout shot and has good speed but the only real knock on him is his height. He grew up a big Cane fan and Miami has been all over him since September 1st but he rarely names favorites. Florida State is another team that has a chance with him but a lot of people would be surprised if he ended up anywhere besides 5 minutes down the street.

The next name isn’t nearly as local in Rob Hankins (6-1, 214) from Parish Episcopal in Dallas, Texas. Hankins is strong enough that his bench press max is over 400 pounds, but fast enough that he has clocked a 100 meter time of 10.9 seconds on the track. Miami was his first scholarship offer back in December and he loved his unofficial visit for the spring game. He has been open about the Canes being his top choice, followed by Cal and Arizona, with Arkansas and Notre Dame also in the running. He doesn’t plan on deciding any time soon, and he may wait up until signing day.

Another guy that has programs all over the Southeast excited is Saint Augustine Menendez’s Tony Steward (6-1, 225). Steward has excellent change of direction skills and he blew everyone away with his performance at the Gainesville Nike Camp in April. Miami got an unofficial visit from him and March and continue to work hard on him, but they have work to do. Florida is a school of interest, and Clemson and Alabama are also in his favorites. Florida State is his childhood favorite and is likely his number one.

Curtis Grant (6-3, 220) from Hermitage High in Richmond, Virginia, is a name being tossed around as the top prospect in the nation at his position. Grant dominated the Blacksburg Nike Camp and looks physically ready for college football tomorrow if he had to. He was visited at school this spring by Miami and he hopes to return the favor at some point. He is tough to get a good read on and has maintained an open stance.

A few more names around the country from outside the state of Florida have received Miami offers in North Carolina’s Stephone Anthony (6-2, 220), North Carolina’s Christian Russell (6-0, 215), South Carolina’s Dexter Staley (6-2, 210), and South Carolina’s Lateek Townsend (6-2, 200), and Texas’ Anthony Wallace (6-1, 220).

All five have some level of interest in Miami but they are also very highly touted. That combined with the distance from home make them all unlikely for the Canes.
 7 years ago '06        #7428
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
playnogames
 7 years ago '04        #7429
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
TE Walford Preparing to Play Early
May. 28, 2010

Clive Walford
Belle Glade Glades Central tight end and Cane signee Clive Walford ending up picking Miami in large part due to the current lack of depth at tight end.

Walford (6-5, 225) has been talking with tight ends coach Joe Pannunzio to be as ready as he possibly can to get on the field from day one.

“I’ve been talking with Coach Pannunzio, the tight ends coach,” Walford said. “He said to stay in shape and do a lot of running so I’ll be ready to play. He wants me to come in and learn the playbook pretty quick. I think I’m going to play right away because I know what I can do.”

Walford, who finished his senior year with 22 catches for 454 yards and 5 touchdowns, doesn’t mind that the recruiting process has come to an end for him.

“I’m just trying to get bigger, faster, and stronger,” Walford said. “I be having less interviews now after signing day. It doesn’t really matter to me, I don’t miss it I guess.”

Walford has really only gotten to know one other Miami signee and he still doesn’t even know much about his future roommate.

“I know Keion Payne from St. Thomas Aquinas but that’s really it right there,” Walford said. “My roommate is Jeremy Davis though and I don’t know much about him. I got his phone number and I know he’s a defensive player but I haven’t talked to him before.”

Walford will be taking over the 18 jersey following the graduation of Dedrick Epps who was drafted by the San Diego Chargers. He has already had his graduation and is set to report in Coral Gables on June 29th.

“What I’m looking forward to the most is playing my freshman year,” Walford said. “I’m done with school now so I’m just working on improving my speed. I weigh 234 (pounds) but I want to get up to 240 when the season starts.”

Walford finished by adding that he feels like his teammate, 2011 star wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, will end up wearing Orange and Green down the road.

“No, I haven’t really talked to him about Miami in a minute,” Walford said. “He likes Miami a lot though. I think he is going to come to Miami because he’s always talking about them.”
 7 years ago '05        #7430
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
june 29th just get here already
 7 years ago '05        #7431
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
hankerson lookin toough

pause. pause. pause.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7432
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Bridgewater: UM Won't Let Me Get Away
May. 29, 2010

By: David Lake

Teddy Bridgewater
MIAMI, Fla. -- For Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, being the only quarterback recruit of his future school is an important factor in his recruitment.

Bridgewater is the only prospect at that position the University of Miami is heavily targeting at this point and Bridgewater likes that the Hurricanes are showing he is the only quarterback they want.

Bridgewater wants to be the only quarterback in his recruiting class, but he still knows once he gets to college he still have to compete for playing time with the quarterbacks already on the roster.

“Knowing that I will be the only quarterback a school takes, that is a big factor,” Bridgewater said. “I don’t mind having to compete though. Let’s say I choose to go to Miami, Jacory Harris will be a senior, and I will have to compete with him, Stephen Morris, and A.J. Highsmith. I don’t mind competing. I know when I was in the ninth grade at Northwestern and Jacory was in the 12th grade at Northwestern I felt like I could play on the same level with him then.”

Bridgewater says Miami is doing a good job of recruiting him at this point and the Hurricanes are one of the schools coming strong after him.

“Miami is coming at me pretty strong. I will say that that they won’t let me get away,” Bridgewater said with a smile. “That is something that I like because if your hometown college wants you that bad, then that is a good thing. That will only make them want my teammates at Northwestern more.”

On Friday night Bridgewater helped lead Northwestern to a 33-12 victory over Jackson in the spring game at Traz Powell Stadium. Bridewater threw three touchdown passes and one interception as he helped lead the Bulls pull away in the second half.

“We came out for the game hyped and fired up,” Bridgewater said. “We drove down the field in five plays, but then when they started running the ball down our throat it reminded me of the State Championship game my sophomore year when Seminole held the ball for so long. That brought us down to Earth and then we played the field position battle until we got things going on offense and opened it up.”

This spring Bridgewater has focused on being more comfortable while throwing from the pocket.

“I am trying to be more of a pocket quarterback and I want to spread the ball around and not be selfish and run all the time. In the second half I told the offensive line they need to step up and hold their blocks and I told the receivers they were taking too long to run their routes and we all came together and played an excellent game.”

“Today I probably threw about 90-percent of my passes in the pocket today. I just don’t want to be labeled as only a dual-threat quarterback. I don’t mind being a dual threat quarterback, but I want to be more of a pocket quarterback in the future.”

Now that Bridgewater is entering his final season at Northwestern, he understands that he has to take on more of a leadership role with the team.

“Early in the game some of the offensive linemen were telling me what plays we should run and I had to tell them that I am the general and that I am the one who will lead us to victory,” Bridgewater said. “After that they followed me and we got it done and they trusted in me.”

Many college a.ssistants were on hand to watch the Northwestern-Jackson matchup, including UM offensive coordinator Mark Whipple. Bridgewater was excited to see Whipple at his game.

“I talked to coach Whipple earlier and he told me that he was coming out to the game,” Bridgewater said. “I saw him when we were driving down the field and he was in the back of the end-zone. It was good to see him at the game.”

Bridgewater says there are a number of other schools who are also recruiting him hard at this point.

“The other schools that are coming at me hard right now is Florida, LSU, Louisville, West Virginia, and Alabama,” Bridgewater said.

Bridgewater will attend the Miami summer camp the weekend of June 12th and he plans on making his college decision on his birthday.

“I still on making my decision on my birthday, which is November 10.”

As a junior Bridgewater, threw for 2,546 yards and 32 touchdowns with 12 interceptions on 165-of-262 passing (63 percent). Also rushed for 379 yards and five touchdowns. He set a Miami-Dade County record with seven touchdown passes against Hialeah-Miami Lakes on September 25.
 7 years ago '04        #7433
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Recruiting Outlook: The DBs
May. 30, 2010

Albert Louis-Jean
It seems that the defensive back spot has been a need position for Miami at least the past three or four years running, and the 2011 recruiting class is no different.

One thing that has the kept the Canes consistently shorthanded is a string of decommitments, key misses, and bad luck.

In 2007, there were names like Phelon Jones, Doug Wiggins, and Major Wright. In 2008, it was Patrick Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, and T.J. Bryant. Then in 2009, it was the late losses of Kayvon Webster and Prince Kent. Finally in 2010, both Greg Dent and Raheam Buxton abandoned their pledges.

When the names add up to those kinds of numbers, it isn’t too much of a shocker to see that Miami always seems to be playing catch up. The Canes are looking to take at least four defensive backs in the current class, with five also being an option.

The first name is already a Cane commitment in Albert Louis-Jean (6-1, 175) from Brockton High in Brockton, Massachusetts. Louis-Jean committed shortly before the spring game while he was on an unofficial visit and Randy Shannon’s recent contract extension sealed him up for Miami. He is currently a corner but his height and thin frame could land him at safety down the road. His coverage skills often go untested because of the lack of passing offenses in the area but he does well when he has to f!ght against receivers in jump ball situations.

Miami Monsignor Pace’s Jabari Gorman (5-10, 170) is another high priority since he got a UM offer in February. Gorman has played mostly safety but is being recruited mostly as a corner because of his size. He grew up a big Miami fan and has always expressed a lot of interest in the Canes. He is one of the most highly recruited prospects in Dade County and Ohio State and LSU are currently the other two in his top three.

43 tackles and 10 interceptions as a junior just about says it all for South Fort Myers’ Dallas Crawford (5-10, 185). Crawford, like Gorman, is currently a safety who is being recruited as a corner. He doesn’t have blazing speed but he has excellent quickness and a knack for making plays. He seemed close to committing to Miami in the past couple months but he wasn’t able to make an unofficial visit to Coral Gables. He now claims to be more open and taking his time but he remains high on Miami.

Groveland South Lake’s Nick Waisome (5-10, 168) has been considered the top corner in Florida for months now. Waisome is on the smaller end but his hips and coverage skills are top notch. Miami has been on him hard since September but so have a lot of other schools. Florida and Florida State likely have just as good a chance as the Canes, but most expect him to land at one of the Big Three.

The mystery man at corner would have to be Josh Turner (5-11, 180) from Millwood High in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Turner is an elite national recruit with Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Notre Dame beating down his door. He has been a big Miami fan for awhile but the Canes haven’t really pursued him outside of an early offer. Miami will be f!ghting the geography battle on this one but they remain a co-leader with Texas. If Miami decides they want him, they would have a real chance to reel him in.

Another interesting story to follow has been that of St. Thomas Aquinas’ Marcus Roberson (6-2, 170). Roberson didn’t start last year in the Raiders’ loaded secondary but now he is in the spotlight. He has really blown up during the month of May with offers from Miami, Florida, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. He has expressed little interest in Miami and is looking to leave the state of Florida, at least for the time being.

The one pure safety that Miami is all over is Fort Lauderdale Dillard’s Wayne Lyons (5-11, 190). Lyons isn’t the most physically impressive prospect but he is very smart both on and off the field. He is a good tackler after spending the last two years playing linebacker but he is much improved in coverage. Miami was behind when they offered him in February but have done a nice job since then to move up his list of fifty schools. His mother is a Florida alum and his sister is a Florida student so the Gators are considered the favorite.
 7 years ago '04        #7434
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
• Good to hear the only two high school coaches who had public spats with UM's Randy Shannon quietly settled them and won't steer players away from UM. Robert Weiner, coach of state power Tampa Plant, blasted Shannon over Robert Marve, but said their relationship is now ``fine.'' That's key, because Miami ``has very strong interest'' in top senior-to-be running back James Wilder Jr. ``and James definitely has interest,'' Weiner said. (UF and FSU are among other contenders.) Meanwhile, North Miami Beach coach Jeff Bertani -- who bickered with Shannon over former Cane Doug Wiggins -- said, ``We've put it behind us. I love Randy.''

From Miami Herald
 7 years ago '05        #7435
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
doubt wilder comes here
 7 years ago '05        #7436
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
May 29, 2010
GREENSBORO, N.C. - In the final day of the NCAA East Preliminary Round, the University of Miami Hurricanes saw Cory Nelms and the men's 4x100 Relay break school records and a total of nine student-athletes advance to the NCAA National Championships, Saturday at Irwin Belk Track.
"I am very proud of our teams this weekend," said Director of Track and Field Amy Deem. "Everyone stepped up and competed extremely hard."
Cory Nelms' senior season has been his best. In the national quarterfinals of the 110m hurdles, the Neptune, N.J. native set a school record in winning the first of three heats with a time of 13.65 seconds.
Nelms had already advanced to the NCAA Championships earlier in the day, as a member of the 4x100 relay team. Running the first leg, followed by DeMarcus Van Dyke, Travis Benjamin and Brandon McGee, Nelms and his team broke their own school record - placing third in the third and final quarterfinal heat at 39.57 seconds.
"The men's team breaking two school records en route to the NCAA National Championships is a huge step in building our men's program," added Deem.
Ti'erra Brown set a school record on Friday in the 400m hurdles as she advanced to the national championships. On Saturday, she advanced to Eugene in the 110m hurdles, as she ran the second-best time of the day in the quarterfinals in 12.76 seconds.
"Our weekend was highlighted by the hurdle performances, adding to the great hurdle tradition here at Miami," said Deem.

dudes broke their own record
 7 years ago '06        #7437
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
TEDDY BRIDGEWATER AND ELI RODGERS BOTH COMMIT TO THE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!

owwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this will get the ball rolling on the next!!!

Gorman and Holliman... we are gonna clean house in dade :mj2:
 7 years ago '07        #7438
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Boosted we got MNW as a pipeline...dont gotta worry bout whos quarterbacking after Jacorys done. Dude seems way more mobile than jacory

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #7439
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
just got an email for that s**t.. Teddy had me confused as hell after hearing he was basically in love with the SEC glad he finally committed :applause:
 7 years ago '05        #7440
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Teddy B EASY!!!

:banana: :party2:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy