70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-31-2007, 12:56 PM         #721
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

January 31, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Publisher

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

The prediction business in recruiting is always a dangerous process. But I guess there is no better time to take a stab at projecting a signing day class than seven days before signing day when the fog of war begins to reach its peak.

Will Deonte choose Miami or Florida?

Will Robert Marve, fresh from a Hawaii vacation, realize that the beaches are just about as good in South Florida?

Here's what I think.

Quarterback: If Robert Marve doesn't commit to Miami later today, it will be an upset of gargantuan proportions. My guess is Miami has just about run its course of disasters at this position and is ready to reverse the trend and get back to being Quarterback U. You never know how kids will develop at any position. Kyle Wright was the top-rated passer in America out of high school and has yet to fulfill his potential with just one year of eligibility left. But Marve, aka Mr. Florida Football, has a lot of tools to work with. I like him a lot better as a prospect than Nick Fanuzzi. What do we make of the hype that Alabama's Nick Saban likes Fanuzzi better? That's the guy that picked Duante Culpepper over Drew Brees this year. Case closed. I am not putting a lot of stock in the weekend visit of Cannon Smith. I hear he is headed to prep school.

Running Backs: Graig Cooper was the big key here and already is in classes on campus and wowing everybody with his workouts. Can you say future superstar? I really think Cooper has all the goods. I really also think that Shawnbrey McNeal is going to be one of the gems of this recruiting class. This late pickup from the Texas A&M commit list has a lot of speed. He could make an immediate impact as a third-down back or maybe even as a slot receiver at times. And he is deceptively good as a runner. Miami has really upgraded itself at the running back position. I am not overly optimistic on the other guy still on the board, Mississippi product Lee Chambers.

The Canes would get a big coup in Deonte Thompson
Receivers: UM really wanted up to six quality guys here and right now I have four sure things on the board as the Canes wait for the big word from Belle Glade's Deonte Thompson. The word on the street was that Thompson and Major Wright wanted to go to school together and Wright committed to Florida this week. But Thompson has not committed, which could be a good sign for Miami. This one has all the drama you could want.Kayne Farquharson talks a big game and just might have the skills to back up his bravado. Leonard Hankerson is a quality guy from Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas who reportedly still has some work to do in the classroom but who I still expect to see show up in the recruiting class. I agree that there is some reason to be a bit skeptical on South Carolina product Daniel Adderley. The recruiting gurus only give him two stars and he wasn't even being recruited by in-state Steve Spurrier. But obviously Miami coaches see something that others don't and he is a big receiver who might possibly grow into a tight end one day. Hey, Kellon Winslow didn't look so great as a receiver when he was a true freshman. Jermaine McKenzie was a great get from the commitment list of Alabama. Just turn on this guy's videotape and you will see that he can flat-out play. I will be surprised if this Bradenton product doesn't play as a true freshman. So who is left on the board? Miami will receive a visit this weekend from Mississippi product O'Neal Wilder, but I am not sure he will be a qualifier. There also is a pending decision from Birmingham's Marquis Maze, but I would be really shocked if Miami ends up beating out Alabama and Auburn for his services. The Canes are still trying to lure a visit from Michigan product Mark Dell, a MSU commitment who was recruited there by new Miami offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland. But he hasn't said he will visit yet and it already is Wednesday. So this one is 50-50 at best. If they can get him on a plane, I have to believe there is a chance that Dell can be flipped. Jacksonville product Chris Summers visited last weekend and Miami coaches were trying to interest him in trying to make it as a tight end. I'm not sure where this one is going, but if I had to make a bet it would be that Summers sticks with Louisville.

Tight end: Right now there isn't one on the board, but I have a sleeper recruit I'm working on here so stay tuned.

Harland Gunn has stuck by the Canes through the ups and downs of the last year
Offensive Line: Orlando Franklin and Harland Gunn appear to be solid commitments. Stoutland has been working hard the past few weeks trying to find a third offensive line product for this class. He appears to have settled on Tyler Horn, a 6-4, 290-pounder from Memphis. I can't tell you much on Horn yet since he just surfaced on the Miami list this week. He is visiting this weekend and is also being recruited by Mario Cristobal, who got him to visit FIU two weeks ago. Cristobal was also recruiting him at Miami. He is visiting with his mom and told me that if he likes Miami there is a very good chance he will commit on the visit this weekend. He might be a bit of a reach, but there are not a lot of offensive linemen out there to choose from.

Defensive line: This position is probably the most disappointing in recruiting this year. Thank God the Canes were able to get Texas product Chris Perry back in the fold at defensive tackle. I would have liked to see another tackle emerge here, but there simply doesn't look like there is one. So this spot already is tabbed as the top priority in recruiting for next year and there are a ton of good Florida prospects. Adewale Ojomo is a speed rushing defensive end from Hialeah who has been a solid commit throughout the recruiting process.

There's a great chance the Canes land Brandon Hicks (above) as well as Allen Bailey
Linebacker: Here lies the position with the most drama as we head into the final days of recruiting. Miami has no commits here yet and is awaiting decisions from two phenomenal prospects - Jacksonville product Brandon Hicks and Georgia product Allen Bailey. I think there is a great chance that Miami gets both and they each are big-time prospects.

Defensive back: Cornerback Doug Wiggins from North Miami Beach is already on campus and is a player who I expect to be the sleeper of the recruiting class. All signs to me are that Wiggins will be a big-timer who will compete for playing time as a true freshman. Miami snagged Jared Campbell from the Washington commitment list as a big, physical safety prospect. Damien Berry from Belle Glade is also on the commit list. This position could also hold 1-2 remaining blockbuster developments as I think there is a great chance that Miami Pace's Demarcus VanDyke, who is committed to Florida, and Homestead High's Joseph Nicolas, committed to Rutgers, flip to Miami in the final days of recruiting.

Kickers: There will not be any in this class.

Summary: I think you have to be really impressed with the way that this class has come together, particularly when you look at the fact that it has been done with a skeleton coaching staff. If Miami can land Deonte Thompson, the linebackers, Van Dyke and Nicolas, this soars to one of the top classes in the country, regardless of what the star rankings say. Without those guys, it's a decent class but will trail the Florida Gators by a wide margin for statewide superiority. So strap on your seat belt and get ready for a wild ride these last seven days.
 01-31-2007, 12:57 PM         #722
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 31, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Robert Marve bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

There is perhaps no bigger priority for the University of Miami in this recruiting class than landing record-setting Tampa (FL) Plant High School QB Robert Marve.

And Marve will be announcing his decision at 4 p.m. today. All signs are that he will be a Hurricane by tonight.

Be sure to stay tuned to CaneSport this afternoon for the breaking news.

Click here to talk about the upcoming Marve decision
 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM         #723
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anuary 31, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
O'Neal Wilder bioVideo highlights

Carthage (MS) High School WR O'Neal Wilder says he's narrowed things down to three favorites.

"It's Miami, Houston and Mississippi State," he says. "I went to Mississippi State this past weekend. They're all even right now."

He visits UM this coming weekend.

"I'll wait till after the Miami visit to decide on which one," Wilder said. "I'll probably make the decision right after the visit - I'll talk to my parents about it. I'll probably make the decision next Tuesday."

What does he want to see in a college?

"Just somewhere where I'm going to fit in, whatever feels comfortable," he said.

Of how the recruiting process is going for him, Wilder said, "It's real hectic. It's aggravating sometimes. The coaches come to your house, are calling. They ask if they can come for a visit, so I want to hear what everyone has to say. I guess it comes with it."

The closest Wilder has come to Miami in his life is Daytona.

Of his expectations for UM this weekend, Wilder says, "I haven't heard too much about the school other than football-wise. I hear about the beaches, that's about it."

Wilder got an in-home visit from coach Joe Pannunzio at the end of last week.

"He just was doing the recruiting deal, talking about my upcoming visit," Wilder said.

Wilder is waiting on a UM offer.

"Coach Pannunzio said Miami's supposed to offer me when I come down," Wilder said.
 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM         #724
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 31, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Tyler Horn bio

First he was recruited by Mario Cristobal throughout the 2006 football season. When Cristobal took the head coaching job at Florida International in late December, Coach Joe Pannunzio began keeping in touch.

But it was the third Miami coach that came calling on Monday that brought the widest smile to Memphis (Tenn.) University School OL Tyler Horn's face.

"(Offensive line coach Jeff) Stoutland came to see me," Horn said. "He offered me a scholarship."

Horn, a 6-5, 290-pounder, will visit Miami officially this weekend with his mother. If he likes what he sees, he likely will become a Miami commitment.

If he doesn't like what he sees, there is another school nearby that just might get him - FIU.

The day after Cristobal accepted the FIU job, he picked up his recruitment of Horn for his new team. Horn visited FIU officially two weeks ago.

Throughout the entire process, Horn was never sure if he would get a Miami offer. Other than FIU, the only schools he currently is considering are Arkansas State and Central Arkansas. To say that Horn has slid under the major college radar is an understatement.

"In the summer I went to the Arkansas Camp and broke my hand, so I couldn't go to any more camps," Horn said. "During the season I was being recruited by Louisville a little bit. But Miami is the best school that has been interested in me. I've followed Miami. It isn't hard to follow them because of the tradition they have.

"I'm also a Baltimore Ravens fan and know about Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. I'm looking forward to getting down there and meeting the players and seeing how I fit in."

Horn played tackle at University School.

"I'm pretty athletic," he said. "My dad played basketball and I played also for a long time. That helped me with my feet."

He sees himself as a tackle in college and is anxious to explore his Miami possibilities.

"They were always very up front with me," Horn said. "Two weeks ago coach Pannunzio told me they were down to seven offensive linemen for one or two spots. They told me that an offer might happen or might not happen. I was excited when it happened on Monday."
 01-31-2007, 01:02 PM         #725
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah the way i see it the most important thing for us is to keep the line together

especially with the younger dudes protecting a younger quarterback

*flashback to the LSU game 2 years ago*
 01-31-2007, 03:22 PM         #726
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 31, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Robert Marve bioVideo highlights

Miami has its quarterback of the future.

Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School's Robert Marve announced moments ago that he will be attending the University of Miami.

"I want to be their main guy where they're saying `We expect this guy to be the guy that's going to change the school, get us a championship,'" Marve said. "I understand I'll have to work hard and give it all I've got."

Marve said when he told coach Randy Shannon the news "he was very happy."

And Shannon was a big reason Marve chose the Canes over Alabama, where he was initially committed.

"When I went to Miami, coach Shannon is just such a great guy," Marve said. "He's a guy you want to battle for, f!ght for."

Marve is now recruiting for Miami.

He says he is working on "getting a guy from Belle Glade to come" to Miami. That is, a.ssumedly, Deonte Thompson.

Rated the nation's No. 8 quarterback recruit by Rivals.com, Marve has shown there's reason to consider him a can't-miss prospect. He broke Tim Tebow's state record with 48 touchdown passes this season.

Marve was a solid Alabama commitment until coach Mike Shula was fired.

After that he decided to take a visit to Miami the weekend of Jan. 20. On that visit was a Cane commitment and close friend Jermaine McKenzie, a Cane commitment.

Marve liked the visit so much he told coaches he was likely heading to Coral Gables.

And, after meeting new coordinator Patrick Nix, that was solidified.

Marve proved throughout his high school career that he's a big-time playmaker.
He set a state record with 4,380 passing yards and 48 touchdowns this season. He was intercepted 13 times.

He also rushed for almost 1,000 yards.

In the state title game he helped his team to victory with 31 of 45 completions for 313 yard and three scores. That included the four-yard game-winner with 17 seconds remaining.

As a junior, he passed for 1,813 yards and 14 touchdowns on 122 of 224 passing. He also rushed for 393 yards and three scores.

He began starting as a sophomore, when he threw for 943 yards and seven scores.

"As a player I feel I am a pro-style quarterback that can sit back in the pocket, read the progression and if nothing is there, I can tuck in the ball and run it pretty good," said Marve, a 6-foot-2, 185-pounder who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds.

Just how good is Marve?

Veteran talent scout Randy Rodgers, who was the recruiting coordinator at the University of Illinois (1988-91) and the University of Texas (1992-97) had this to say after studying film of the new Cane quarterback: "[He] has good drop back mechanics and separation from center. Is short for a drop-back guy and will probably need a moving pocket type offense to excel in college. Has really good mobility, can escape and throw on the run. [He] does have a quick release."

Marve's coach, Robert Weiner, compares Marve to a couple of NFL greats.

"His intelligence and knowledge of our offense is like Peyton Manning," Plant High coach Robert Weiner said. "And the escapability and the confidence in his ability to make plays is like Brett Favre.

"Robert as a player is a once-in-a-lifetime type player. You don't come across guys like him too often."
 10 years ago '05        #727
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 RakimAllahNY said:

January 31, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Publisher

The prediction business in recruiting is always a dangerous process. But I guess there is no better time to take a stab at projecting a signing day class than seven days before signing day when the fog of war begins to reach its peak.

Will Deonte choose Miami or Florida?

Will Robert Marve, fresh from a Hawaii vacation, realize that the beaches are just about as good in South Florida?

Here's what I think.

Quarterback: If Robert Marve doesn't commit to Miami later today, it will be an upset of gargantuan proportions. My guess is Miami has just about run its course of disasters at this position and is ready to reverse the trend and get back to being Quarterback U. You never know how kids will develop at any position. Kyle Wright was the top-rated passer in America out of high school and has yet to fulfill his potential with just one year of eligibility left. But Marve, aka Mr. Florida Football, has a lot of tools to work with. I like him a lot better as a prospect than Nick Fanuzzi. What do we make of the hype that Alabama's Nick Saban likes Fanuzzi better? That's the guy that picked Duante Culpepper over Drew Brees this year. Case closed. I am not putting a lot of stock in the weekend visit of Cannon Smith. I hear he is headed to prep school.

Running Backs: Graig Cooper was the big key here and already is in classes on campus and wowing everybody with his workouts. Can you say future superstar? I really think Cooper has all the goods. I really also think that Shawnbrey McNeal is going to be one of the gems of this recruiting class. This late pickup from the Texas A&M commit list has a lot of speed. He could make an immediate impact as a third-down back or maybe even as a slot receiver at times. And he is deceptively good as a runner. Miami has really upgraded itself at the running back position. I am not overly optimistic on the other guy still on the board, Mississippi product Lee Chambers.

The Canes would get a big coup in Deonte Thompson
Receivers: UM really wanted up to six quality guys here and right now I have four sure things on the board as the Canes wait for the big word from Belle Glade's Deonte Thompson. The word on the street was that Thompson and Major Wright wanted to go to school together and Wright committed to Florida this week. But Thompson has not committed, which could be a good sign for Miami. This one has all the drama you could want.Kayne Farquharson talks a big game and just might have the skills to back up his bravado. Leonard Hankerson is a quality guy from Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas who reportedly still has some work to do in the classroom but who I still expect to see show up in the recruiting class. I agree that there is some reason to be a bit skeptical on South Carolina product Daniel Adderley. The recruiting gurus only give him two stars and he wasn't even being recruited by in-state Steve Spurrier. But obviously Miami coaches see something that others don't and he is a big receiver who might possibly grow into a tight end one day. Hey, Kellon Winslow didn't look so great as a receiver when he was a true freshman. Jermaine McKenzie was a great get from the commitment list of Alabama. Just turn on this guy's videotape and you will see that he can flat-out play. I will be surprised if this Bradenton product doesn't play as a true freshman. So who is left on the board? Miami will receive a visit this weekend from Mississippi product O'Neal Wilder, but I am not sure he will be a qualifier. There also is a pending decision from Birmingham's Marquis Maze, but I would be really shocked if Miami ends up beating out Alabama and Auburn for his services. The Canes are still trying to lure a visit from Michigan product Mark Dell, a MSU commitment who was recruited there by new Miami offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland. But he hasn't said he will visit yet and it already is Wednesday. So this one is 50-50 at best. If they can get him on a plane, I have to believe there is a chance that Dell can be flipped. Jacksonville product Chris Summers visited last weekend and Miami coaches were trying to interest him in trying to make it as a tight end. I'm not sure where this one is going, but if I had to make a bet it would be that Summers sticks with Louisville.

Tight end: Right now there isn't one on the board, but I have a sleeper recruit I'm working on here so stay tuned.

Harland Gunn has stuck by the Canes through the ups and downs of the last year
Offensive Line: Orlando Franklin and Harland Gunn appear to be solid commitments. Stoutland has been working hard the past few weeks trying to find a third offensive line product for this class. He appears to have settled on Tyler Horn, a 6-4, 290-pounder from Memphis. I can't tell you much on Horn yet since he just surfaced on the Miami list this week. He is visiting this weekend and is also being recruited by Mario Cristobal, who got him to visit FIU two weeks ago. Cristobal was also recruiting him at Miami. He is visiting with his mom and told me that if he likes Miami there is a very good chance he will commit on the visit this weekend. He might be a bit of a reach, but there are not a lot of offensive linemen out there to choose from.

Defensive line: This position is probably the most disappointing in recruiting this year. Thank God the Canes were able to get Texas product Chris Perry back in the fold at defensive tackle. I would have liked to see another tackle emerge here, but there simply doesn't look like there is one. So this spot already is tabbed as the top priority in recruiting for next year and there are a ton of good Florida prospects. Adewale Ojomo is a speed rushing defensive end from Hialeah who has been a solid commit throughout the recruiting process.

There's a great chance the Canes land Brandon Hicks (above) as well as Allen Bailey
Linebacker: Here lies the position with the most drama as we head into the final days of recruiting. Miami has no commits here yet and is awaiting decisions from two phenomenal prospects - Jacksonville product Brandon Hicks and Georgia product Allen Bailey. I think there is a great chance that Miami gets both and they each are big-time prospects.

Defensive back: Cornerback Doug Wiggins from North Miami Beach is already on campus and is a player who I expect to be the sleeper of the recruiting class. All signs to me are that Wiggins will be a big-timer who will compete for playing time as a true freshman. Miami snagged Jared Campbell from the Washington commitment list as a big, physical safety prospect. Damien Berry from Belle Glade is also on the commit list. This position could also hold 1-2 remaining blockbuster developments as I think there is a great chance that Miami Pace's Demarcus VanDyke, who is committed to Florida, and Homestead High's Joseph Nicolas, committed to Rutgers, flip to Miami in the final days of recruiting.

Kickers: There will not be any in this class.

Summary: I think you have to be really impressed with the way that this class has come together, particularly when you look at the fact that it has been done with a skeleton coaching staff. If Miami can land Deonte Thompson, the linebackers, Van Dyke and Nicolas, this soars to one of the top classes in the country, regardless of what the star rankings say. Without those guys, it's a decent class but will trail the Florida Gators by a wide margin for statewide superiority. So strap on your seat belt and get ready for a wild ride these last seven days.
props for this.
 01-31-2007, 03:45 PM         #728
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dipset kid0221 said:
props for this.
 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM         #729
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
marve is a cane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #730
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
nice snag by coach shannon. way to close out on QB recruits, almost forgot what that felt like. marve said he's gonna recruit deonte thompson to come our way. allen bailey's mother really likes shannon's demeanor. things are lookin sweeeet

my odds of landing the rest
DVD - 70%
DT - 50%,
Nicholas - 40%
Bailey - 65%
Hicks - 55%
 01-31-2007, 06:38 PM         #731
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Video of Marve committing to Miami

01-31-2007, 06:39 PM         #732
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
Video of Marve committing to Miami

10 years ago '04        #733
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
lmao @ mavre throwin up the U
 10 years ago '06        #734
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
lmao @ his old man waiting for the camera to put on the hat too
 10 years ago '06        #735
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,953 | Props total: 19 19
So this is what a Miami thread looks like?

Good thing you guys have football because, lmao nevermind.
 01-31-2007, 06:59 PM         #736
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:

who wants an avatar? Just made it

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #737
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 bassy said:
So this is what a Miami thread looks like?

Good thing you guys have football because, lmao nevermind.
because what??
 10 years ago '06        #738
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,953 | Props total: 19 19
lol

Because the basketball team is garbage.

See ESPN for evidence.
 10 years ago '05        #739
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 bassy said:
lol

Because the basketball team is garbage.

See ESPN for evidence.
game aint over yet. im pretty sure miami aint coming back but what about last year when miami beat carolina at carolina by 11?
 01-31-2007, 07:35 PM         #740
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ this fool

somebody please vouch for me in the other thread... :(

89s Pied Piper said:
so now u on the miami bandwagon
Yall know ive been posting in here givin yall ya props since I joined this board in June last year...
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago