most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #7341
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 booie4 said:
Most was gonna red-shirt anyway with maybe the exception of the Davis boys.
the redshirt is not what me...its the fact that, thats 7 potential recruits that would have to go prep..and ykno when they go prep they wont resign...or worse just look to sign with another skool...which leads to my case why would shannon recruit players if they academic casualtys
 7 years ago '06        #7342
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7343
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Canes Race to Top Time in 12 Years
Apr. 10, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

DeMarcus Van Dyke, Brandon McGee, and Travis Benjamin.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Four University of Miami football players teamed up to run the fastest 4x100 time in 12 years at the Hurricane Invitational on Saturday night.

Senior cornerback Cory Nelms ran the first leg before handing off the baton to senior cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke who handed it off to junior wide receiver Travis Benjamin before sophomore cornerback Brandon McGee closed out the win.

The foursome ran a 40.15, which qualifies them for nationals.

The Hurricanes narrowly beat out perennial power LSU, which ran a 40.26.

"LSU is a powerhouse, but we are a powerhouse too and we have a lot of speed," Van Dyke said. "I expected to beat them."

The 40.15 mark ranks third all-time at UM. The school record in the 4x100 meter relay is a 39.99 set in 1998 by Santana Moss, Robert Williams, Davian Clarke, and Daryl Jones.

The relay team could receive a boost next week by freshman running back Lamar Miller, who has been out with a shoulder injury he suffered in the spring game.

Later in the night, Van Dyke, Benjamin, and McGee competed in the 100-meter dash.

Van Dyke ran a 10.79, McGee posted a 10.88, and Benjamin was disqualified due to a false start.

"It was my first time running since high school so there is always room for improvement," McGee said. "I'm not really pleased with my time, but I talked to Coach Deem and she said I have to work on my form because that's something I really got away from."

The football players were well-supported with as many as 25 current teammates were in the stands watching them in action.

Also in attendance was former Hurricane Willis McGahee, a Baltimore Ravens running back.

Nelms also participated in the 110-meter hurdles finishing fifth running a 14.31. Junior defensive tackle Micanor Regis participated in the shot put to round out the action for the football players.
 7 years ago '04        #7344
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
gaw lee dem n*ggas is fast :wow::wow:
 7 years ago '04        #7345
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
jeremy davis needs to qualify that boy's gonna be f**king amazing in college man.. .he's got some devin hester type of speed... shalala can't f**k these kids over !!!!!!!!!
 7 years ago '04        #7346
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
 Deeangoe said:
the redshirt is not what me...its the fact that, thats 7 potential recruits that would have to go prep..and ykno when they go prep they wont resign...or worse just look to sign with another skool...which leads to my case why would shannon recruit players if they academic casualtys
Depends where they go, i know we have a great relationship with either Milford or Hargaves (sp) and solid with the other. Also i don't remember the last player who went prep and didn't re-sign that we wanted. Coop, B. Washington, Dixon, Hester, Franklin all came back.
 7 years ago '04        #7347
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 booie4 said:
Depends where they go, i know we have a great relationship with either Milford or Hargaves (sp) and solid with the other. Also i don't remember the last player who went prep and didn't re-sign that we wanted. Coop, B. Washington, Dixon, Hester, Franklin all came back.
lesean mccoy is the only one that immediately comes to mind.
 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM         #7348
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah McCoy backed out like a little b**ch. Still can't stand him

[pic - click to view]

04-11-2010, 09:04 PM         #7349
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cali DE Townsend Has UM Top 3
Greg Townsend

Defensive end Greg Townsend Jr. from Beverly Hills High in Beverly Hills, California, is just one of a handful of in-state prospects currently holding an offer from USC.

However, Townsend (6-4, 240) doesn’t list the Trojans, or any other California school for that matter, among the schools he has the most interest in at this point.

“My offers are USC, UCLA, San Diego State, Cal, Oregon, Washington, TCU, Miami, Arizona, and Arizona State,” Townsend said. “I really like Washington, Oregon, and Miami right now. At Washington, the coaching staff is real cool and I have a couple friends going up there. At Oregon, the coaches are cool too and the Nike thing attracts me. With Miami, just the thought of being in Miami appeals to me.”

Townsend, whose father played 13 seasons in the NFL, had 73 tackles, 7 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 blocked field goals as a junior but it turns out he is high on the Canes without being recruited all that much by them.

“Yea Miami offered me like right when the season started,” Townsend said. “Coach Robinson gave me the offer but I know he’s not there anymore. I know they got a new defensive line coach and I’m supposed to give him a call. To be honest, I don’t know much about Miami at all. I’ve been to Miami once or twice and I liked it out there so I’m just basing things off my experience in Miami.”

Even though Townsend doesn’t know much about the school, he did see Miami playing on TV multiple times this past season.

“I saw them play against Florida State, I saw them when they had the new jerseys (USF), and then I saw them play in the rain and they had a bad game (Virginia Tech),” Townsend said. “My thoughts on watching them was speed and strength because they have a lot of athletes out there. I was thinking ‘Where do I see myself fitting in?’ and I could see myself in their defense.”

Townsend also mentioned he didn’t really follow Miami or any other school that much growing up because football is a more recent interest for him after being a basketball player before that.

Townsend plans on taking all of his official visits since he hasn’t really seen much of anything outside of the West Coast.

“I’m going to take all of my official visits and I’m not going to rush my decision,” Townsend said. “I’m going to really evaluate each school throughout the process. The schools I’ve been to before are USC, UCLA, and Oregon. I plan on getting up to Washington on April 30th but I’m not sure about that yet.”

Townsend finished by talking about his priorities in regards to a decision, including both factors that are and are not important to him.

“Staying close to home is not a factor and I just want to play early,” Townsend said. “I want to get some exposure to get me ready for the next level. As far as their style of defense, I definitely like the 4-3 better than the 3-4.”

Townsend's father went to TCU and is 16th on the NFL's all-time list for career sacks.
 04-11-2010, 09:06 PM         #7350
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cali LB Gibson is a Disruptive Force

Jason Gibson

Linebacker Jason Gibson from Junipero Serra High in Gardena, California, was a disruptive force as a junior making 97 tackles, 16 sacks, and 3 fumble recoveries.

Coming from a school that featured 2010 five star athlete Robert Woods (USC) and current star junior George Farmer, it was pretty easy for colleges to notice Gibson.

“I have offers from the whole Pac-10 except for USC, then Florida, Tennessee, and Colorado,” Gibson said. “California is my number one school right now but I’m probably going to take some more visits to see what else is out there.”

Gibson (6-2, 215) has visited the campus in Berkeley and he explained why the Golden Bears are ahead of the rest of the pack.

“The whole surroundings around California are great and I basically like everything about them,” Gibson said. “I took a visit up there and I liked all the new things they were doing so I think I could fit in pretty good there.”

Gibson discussed the decision timeline he currently has in mind as well as when he will take some more visits.

“I plan on taking some more visits and probably in the middle of my senior season, I’ll probably have my decision ready,” Gibson said. “The schools I have been to so far are Stanford, California, UCLA, and USC. I don’t know about any visits during the spring but maybe over the summer I will go to some more schools.”

Gibson said that things were going on the right track with Miami shortly after the season ended but that the lines of communication between both parties have cooled since then.

“Earlier, like around December and January, I had been talking to Miami but that’s really the last time,” Gibson said. “I haven’t talked to them too much all together. They were just asking how I was doing and they said to keep up the good work. I never found out if they were planning to offer me because we didn’t stay in contact after that.”

Gibson talked about what he does know about Miami as a program and what he saw from the Canes on the field since he saw a couple of their games.

“I like their program and their school, I just have to get in contact with them,” Gibson said. “If I was to get in contact with them, I think my interest in them would grow more. I think I remember watching a couple of their games and they looked like a fast team. Their defense was pretty good and it’s just a good program.”

Gibson mentioned that he would like to stay in the state of California for college but if he were to head out of state, it would probably be for a school in Florida.

“If I was to go outside the state, I would probably go to Miami or Florida but I kind of want to stay home,” Gibson said. “I want to get some early playing time and make an impact on the team.”
 7 years ago '04        #7351
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
screenshot from ncaa 2011

[pic - click to view]

04-13-2010, 02:32 PM         #7352
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cape Coral DE Edsel Caprice is a Sack Machine (with highlights)
Apr. 13, 2010

2011 Cape Coral linebacker Edsel Caprice was one of the most disruptive defensive football players in Southwest Florida during the 2009 season.

Caprice (6-2, 190) finished his junior season with 110 tackles, 20 sacks, 18 tackles for loss, and forced seven fumbles for the Seahawks as a stand-up defensive end.

“I did pretty good during my junior year,” Caprice said. “It was my first year on varsity and I broke the school record for sacks at my school. My team had a pretty good year too with us going 11-1.”

“I had big expectations going into the season, but I think I did better than what people thought I would do.”

Caprice’s greatest strength is his speed and the quickness in which he can get to the quarterback. At a recent Nike Combine, Caprice ran a 4.45 laser timed 40, ran a 4.53 shuttle drill, and had a vertical of 39 inches.

“I think my greatest strength is my speed and that I can get off blocks pretty good,” Caprice said.

This offseason Caprice is focused on adding weight to his frame.

“I am trying to gain more weight and get stronger so I can be a better player,” Caprice said.

Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa State are schools who have currently offered Caprice. USF and Michigan are also showing heavy interest.

Caprice says he is particularly interested in the Florida schools.

“I am interested in all the Florida schools like Miami, Florida, Florida State, and USF,” Caprice said.

Miami is a school who Caprice said he would be very interested in hearing from.

“I haven’t heard yet from Miami, but I would like to,” Caprice said. “I watched a couple of their games last year and I think they are a good young team.”

The upcoming month of spring football will be a key time for Caprice to pick up more offers as college coaches come by his school to watch him practice. Caprice says he looks forward to showing the college coaches the type of player he is.

“I look forward to spring football and going to practice every day and showing all the college coaches that come out that I can be a good player on the next level,” Caprice said.

Edsel Caprice highlights:

[video - click to view]

04-14-2010, 11:30 PM         #7353
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Texas RB Herschel Sims: Miami My Dream School

Apr. 15, 2010

Since the first time he watched the University of Miami play football Abilene, Texas running back Herschel Sims became a fan of the Hurricanes.

Sims (5-8, 190) first watched the Hurricanes play in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl as Miami played Ohio State for the National Championship.

Ever since watching that game Sims has been a big Miami fan.

“Miami was the first college football team I watched play on TV,” Sims said. “I watched that game with Willis McGahee and Ohio State. I never really watched college football before that game, but I sat down and watched that game and I liked it and ever since then I have loved Miami.”

Sims was the most productive running back in Texas during his junior year, running for 2,346 yards and 35 touchdowns on 265 yards (8.9 yards per carry) in leading his team to a State Championship. Sims also caught 23 passes for 371 yards and four touchdowns. Sims recently clocked a 4.37 time in the 40.

“My junior season went real good,” Sims said. “We went 15-0 and we won a State Championship and the whole team had great success. Our offense and defense came together and we all played good as a team. I was pleased with my season and I know we had a real good offensive line and they made it possible for me to do some things.”

“My strength is my vision and patience. I know when to hit the hole or be patient and let the play develop when it opens up. When I see daylight I go for the hole. I am a powerful running back who also has good hands because I play a little bit of slot receiver as well.”

He has 12 offers from schools including Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Kansas, and Arizona.

Of the schools who have offered him, Sims says two schools stand out.

“I like TCU and Oklahoma a lot,” Sims said.

Sims has not received an offer from Miami at this point, but he hopes the Hurricanes extend an offer in the near future.

“I really like Miami,” Sims said. “I haven’t received an offer from them, but I hope I do. That is my dream school. I have loved Miami since I was little growing up. They are automatically one of the top schools I am interested in and whether they offer me or not they will always be a school I like. I just hope I get an offer from them in the future.”

“I have been getting letters from Miami, but that has pretty much been it. I had talked to their former running backs coach, Tommie Robinson, but that was back in December. Besides that though I do get mail from them once a week.”

Sims says he would be excited to be recruited by Miami because he feels like the Hurricanes are a team that will contend for a National Championship in the near future.

“I watched Miami last season and they had a good team,” Sims said. “I feel like they are going to win a National Championship in the next two or three years. Jacory Harris is a great quarterback. They had their ups and downs last year because they are a young team. I feel like by the time Jacory is a senior they will play for a National Championship. The U is an up and coming team. They are going to have a lot of success in the near future.”

Sims says depth chart will not be a deciding factor in whatever school he decides to commit to.

“I was always taught to never shy away from competition,” Sims said. “If you are good, then you are good and you will play regardless. The offense wants to get the ball into their playmakers’ hands and it is your job to get the job done and show them that you can play for them. If you prove to the coaches that you can play, then you will get that opportunity.”
 7 years ago '07        #7354
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Way tooo short homey. Shannon wont take short RB's

I trust shannon's recruitment of runningbacks. We got a stable of goodass Rb's in james, miller, berry, and storm johnson
 7 years ago '04        #7355
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 ttime236 said:
Way tooo short homey. Shannon wont take short RB's

I trust shannon's recruitment of runningbacks. We got a stable of goodass Rb's in james, miller, berry, and storm johnson
f**k that s**t

he better offer f**kin now...this kid is one of the best in the nation.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7356
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Top 5 Spring Performers
Apr. 15, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

LaRon Byrd had a very good spring.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes wrapped up spring ball a couple weeks ago and although a number of players were out with injuries, there were five players who took advantage of the reps they received this spring.

The top five performers during spring practices were as follows:

1. S Vaughn Telemaque, Sophomore

The coaching staff has been waiting for the Long Beach native to put together a consistent, dominant performance during practices since his arrival two years ago. Defensive backs Wesley McGriff praised Telemaque, one of the team leaders in interceptions throughout spring ball, for his development and in particular for buying into what the coaches were saying. Telemaque’s approach to practices and making a conscious effort to the details led him a great spring. Telemaque has his eyes on the UM school record with picks in a season although he’s still looking for his first one. But don’t expect that to take very long as Telemaque showed good range against the pass throughout the spring although it will get considerably tougher during the season. This type of performance is needed by a number of players on the team looking to make that next step as a player. There’s no question that Telemaque is poised for a breakout season in 2010. Until then, he’ll be busy riding his long board around campus.

2. DT Micanor Regis, Junior

How good was Regis this spring? Teammate Adewale Ojomo thinks the former Pahokee standout can have an All-American-type season in 2010. That’s music to any Miami fans’ ears. Regis’ strength is being a physical run-stopping tackle, but Regis also showed quickness in getting to the quarterback as well. However, most of his plays will be on the running back this season. He’s emerged as the team’s top defensive tackle (assuming the coaches leave Allen Bailey at defensive end) although he quietly went through the recruiting process as an under the radar prospect, who picked Miami very early. Look for Regis to provide strength and bulk up front, which will allow the linebackers to run a little more free.

3. WR LaRon Byrd, Junior

Byrd is the third Class of 2008 player on this list, which is exactly what you want from third-year players. Byrd won a starting receiver spot last season, but reached the end zone just once. Throughout the first two weeks of spring ball, Byrd was back to his old self catching multiple touchdown passes and really setting himself to have a productive season in 2010. Byrd continued his success throughout the spring as Shannon challenged him to maintain his consistency. Byrd has always been a tough critic on himself saying that each of his two seasons in Coral Gables have not been good enough, but this might be the season he shows he can be counted on a top-level receiver.

4. RB Lamar Miller, Redshirt Freshman

Miller missed the first week of spring ball due to track, but made an immediate impact in his return as he’s just “trying to help the team win a championship” as he routinely says in every interview. Miller reeled off two long touchdown runs in his first spring practice and continued his momentum from there. In an open scrimmage Miller was one of the stars as again, he had a long touchdown run—a 45-yard scamper up the middle splitting the defense and showing off his speed. Miller was held in check in the spring game (8 carries, 10 yards, 1 TD) and injured his left shoulder, the same shoulder he injured at the end of his junior season at k!llian. Miller is challenging returner Damien Berry for playing time and should earn valuable playing time in 2010. He’s also a threat as a kick returner if the coaches decide to put him back there.

5. LB Kylan Robinson, Senior

Every spring there’s a senior that appears to be turning the corner in his career and put it all together for one final productive season. And although fellow senior DeMarcus Van Dyke had a productive spring, Robinson was named the most improved player of the spring by Shannon. Robinson has just three tackles in his first three seasons at UM, but worked his way up to first-team middle linebacker. Now, this appears to be a bit of misnomer as Robinson will be challenged heavily by Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanan for playing time when they return from injury and both of them are the favorites to earn a starting spot alongside Colin McCarthy and Sean Spence. However, this does not take away from Robinson’s productive spring and regardless of who starts, Robinson could provide solid depth.
 7 years ago '07        #7357
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
f**k that s**t

he better offer f**kin now...this kid is one of the best in the nation.
I agree kids a beast, but you know shannon doesnt recruit small rb's or cornerbacks
 7 years ago '04        #7358
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #7359
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
good to see no cast on J12
 04-18-2010, 10:01 PM         #7360
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
S Lee Talks Miami Offer
Safety Marqise Lee hails from one of the hottest football programs on the west coast, Junipero Serra High in Gardena, California.

The school has sent three prospects on to Pac-10 schools in each of the past two recruiting classes, and Lee is one member of a trio of prospects in the 2011 class who already hold double digit offers.

“Florida, California, Michigan, Miami, and a lot more have offered me too,” said Lee who also holds offers from Arizona State, LSU, Stanford, and Washington. “I don’t have an offer from USC yet but everybody is on the same level for now.”

Lee (6-0, 190), who had 95 tackles and 6 interceptions, said he will most likely take all five of his official visits and make a decision around national signing day.

“I’m going to take official visits to my top five schools and whoever has the best visit in terms of what I like, then that’s where I’m going to go,” Lee said. “The only schools I’ve been to are right around here, UCLA and USC. I’m thinking about going up to Stanford and Cal over the summer. Unless my mom wants to go, I won’t be able to visit any schools outside California until I can take my officials.”

Miami isn’t a new offer for Lee but he did recently receive a visit from Miami at school since the evaluation period started on Thursday.

“Miami gave me an offer awhile back, they faxed it over to my coach,” Lee said. “A couple days ago, I talked to a Miami coach who came out to my school but I can’t remember what his name was. He didn’t say too much, he just asked what position I want to play and he said how they wanted me. He said I should go down there on an unofficial sometime. I know good people come out of Miami and I like the environment so that’s why I want to check it out.”

Lee added that he had spoken with Cane coaches before but this visit was really the first time he got to spend more time actually talking with them.

Lee didn’t see Miami play at all last season but he mentioned that he didn’t grow up following any college team in particular.

At this point in the recruiting process, Lee admits even he’s not exactly sure what he needs to see in a school for it to fit his requirements.

“I’m not exactly sure yet about that,” Lee laughed. “My mom said to do whatever I want but I know deep down inside, she wants me to stay (close to home). I’d like to sit down with her and my godfather to talk about that. I would like to leave but if I have to stay, then I’ll stay. I would also like to play my first year but if that doesn’t happen, I can understand but I better play the next year
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago