most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7321
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i appreciate the updates
 7 years ago '07        #7322
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
same here thread was dry for a lil bit
 04-07-2010, 08:34 PM         #7323
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Florida DE has many options

Anthony Rabasa has become one of the most heavily recruited defensive end prospects in all of Florida and Scout caught up with the Miami (Columbus) standout to discuss the latest.
Anthony Rabasa had an outstanding junior season that caught a lot of people's attention.
"I ended last season with 85 tackles, three fumble recoveries, and 13 sacks," Rabasa said. "It was a pretty good year. Since then, I've been working out hard and taking some college visits."

So far, the standout defensive end has taken unofficial visits to Miami and Florida State.

"At FSU, I like Jimbo (Fisher) being his own coach and getting away from what Bobby Bowden did," he said. "Everyone is following him. FSU has good coaches. Miami, it was good, I talked to a lot of coaches and it was a fun trip. I like them a lot."

With scholarship offers from both programs along with schools like LSU, Maryland, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Duke, Texas Tech, N.C. State, and Minnesota, Rabasa said he remains wide open with the recruiting process.

"I am open to all the schools seeing what other offers I can get," he said. "I didn't really have a favorite team growing up and I don't have one now. They're all even."

One team Rabasa (6-3/220) did follow is Miami since they're so close to his home. He talked more about the Canes.

"I like how the team has been building up the past couple years and this year they should be solid," he said.

So what's he going to be looking for in a school when it comes time to make that decision?

"I want to make sure the coaches are there for meand the head coach doesn’t leave," he said. "Also, where do I stand in the depth chart? I don’t wanna be stuck at the bottom, I wanna be able to compete my freshman year."
 04-07-2010, 08:35 PM         #7324
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LB Hankins: UM is a Solid Number One

Rob Hankins.

Linebacker Rob Hankins from Parish Episcopal School in Dallas, Texas, received his first scholarship offer in December, which happened to be from Miami.

Since the Canes came in first for Hankins (6-1, 214), he figured he would return the favor by taking an unofficial visit to check out the spring game last weekend.

“I was there the weekend of the spring game, I flew in Friday night and stayed through Sunday afternoon,” Hankins said. “Miami has had such a rich tradition and history and they put a lot of time and effort into recruiting me. I think they are one of the best opportunities I have so the least I can do is go there to check it out.”

Hankins noted that although he made the trip alone, his father used to live on South Beach and will accompany him on his official visit to Miami later on.

Hankins was all over the field as a junior making 136 tackles, 12 sacks, 1 interception, and forcing 3 fumbles.

From watching the spring game, Hankins could see himself fitting in at Miami who he believes is extremely close to becoming a national power again.

“Well I’ve visited a couple other team’s practices and spring games but it’s clear to me that Miami is about to blow up into a national power again,” Hankins said. “That was very clear from watching the spring game. A lot of the linebackers have potential and people are expecting them to play at the next level. Playing in the NFL is hopefully something I can do one day and they’re all one big family under Coach Barrow. That’s something I can see myself doing in the next year or two when I finish high school.”

Hankins went into a little more detail about what he got to do and who he got to meet during the time he spent in Miami.

“I got to tour the campus, I spent time with the players, I met some students, and I talked to the coaches,” Hankins said. “I really got a feel for the place and Miami is my solid number one school. It’s a real family down there and that’s what I’ve been looking for. I’ve had a lot of success at the high school level because of the family atmosphere and I’m going to need that in college.”

Hankins got to meet a bunch of the different members of the Miami coaching staff and he added that they are definitely recruiting him hard.

“I got to talk to Coach Barrow, Coach Shannon, Coach McGriff, and their recruiting coordinator (Coach Hill) but his name slips my mind every time,” Hankins said. “They’ve been recruiting me hard and I’ve been getting a lot of personal mail from them. They’ve been on the phone non-stop with my head coach and I’ve been calling them a lot too just trying to get a feel for them.”

Hankins has over twenty offers in total and he mentioned some other schools he has a lot of interest in besides Miami who is his top choice right now.

“I have a top three and Miami is without a doubt number one, then Cal and Arizona,” Hankins said. “I’m trying to figure out a top five but I’m still working on who the other schools might be. Besides Miami, I’ve visited Cal and Arizona which is probably why they are in my top five. I’ve also been to SMU but that’s right in my backyard and TCU too. Every summer, my team takes a trip to Colorado so I’ve been up there a few times.”

Hankins finished by saying that he would like to wait until signing day to decide but he doesn’t want to pass up a great opportunity if one were to arise before that point in time.

“I want to wait until signing day to make a decision because I really want to be able to evaluate all my opportunities and make sure it’s right before I totally commit,” Hankins said. “If a situation comes up where I have to commit sooner and it’s my dream school that I might lose the opportunity to go to, then I’ll commit. I’d like to wait though.”
 04-07-2010, 10:57 PM         #7325
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CORAL GABLES _Latwan Anderson, the Hurricanes’ top 2010 football recruit, is only sure about one thing next season.
He will be in the mix for playing time at punt or kick returner.
Other than that, the position he plays is up in the air. Anderson said Wednesday he could line up at safety, cornerback or even wide receiver. He played mostly safety at Glenville Academic High in Cleveland, where he was ranked the nation’s No. 15 player by Rivals.com.
Many analysts project the 5-11, 185-pounder to eventually move to cornerback, but Anderson is fairly new to the position. He said he only played cornerback in certain situations.
“A lot of people are saying I’ll be moved to cornerback, but I’ve never really played corner,” Anderson said. “Whenever I was put in position to play corner, it was because they were just using me there. I’ve never been taught to play corner.”
Anderson, who also played some running back and quarterback in Wildcat situations, is expected to arrive on campus in early June. He accepted a track scholarship because the Hurricanes were full by the time he switched his commitment from West Virginia to UM last month.
Check Saturday’s Sun Sentinel for a more in-depth look at the prize of the 2010 class. I’ll say this: The kid doesn’t lack confidence.
A few thoughts:
–UM coach Randy Shannon appears in the late stages of finalizing a contract extension. His agent, Neil Conrich, is in town this week.
Word is, receiver Thearon Collier’s absence from the Spring Game was suspension-related and not due to injury.
 7 years ago '05        #7326
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Dchis said:
Gorman: UM Felt Like Home
Jabari Gorman.

MIAMI, Fla. -- Monsignor Pace’s Jabari Gorman is one of the most well-rounded recruits in South Florida.

He’s a supreme defensive back with athleticism and aggressiveness, who gets it done in the classroom with a 3.8 GPA. His teammates look up to him and his coaches praise how coachable he is.

Gorman is in the mold of what head coach Randy Shannon is looking for at the University of Miami.

And after an unofficial visit to UM last weekend, Gorman felt even stronger about UM.

“It felt like home. It really felt like home,” Gorman said. “All of the coaches and players really showed me love and that’s really something I’ve been looking for in every school. I talked to coach (Wesley) McGriff and coach Randy Shannon and they just tell me good things about me about how they want me to be a part of the family.”

Gorman (5-11, 170), who holds 23 offers, had the opportunity to talk with Shannon during his trip and the fourth-year coach at UM gave Gorman advice he plans on taking with him throughout life.

“He was just telling me that when he saw the film and saw a couple games, he’s very happy about me just being interested in the school,” Gorman said. “He just talked about being hungry and being humble. That’s one thing that I’m going to take for life.”

In addition to meeting with coach Shannon, Gorman also met with McGriff, who coaches the defensive backs.

“He said he likes that I’m a ballhawk and that I’m an athlete,” Gorman said.. That’s one thing UM requires is to be a top athlete on the field. That’s one thing I have. Plus, my grades are good. I’m very athletic and I have the brains to go with it. That’s one thing that UM always preaches about each and every day. I had fun there, it was a great time.”

He has been to UM before, but his recent trip was different.

“I’ve been there before, but it wasn’t the same,” he said. “I was able to actually feel like one of the students at UM where I could walk around anywhere without anyone telling me anything. It was like where I live at already.”

There were a pair of things that caught Gorman’s eye and made him think about the future if he were to be a Hurricane.

“When I saw the weight room my eyes rolled back into my head because if you see my weight room compared to that, I know that a weight room like that I would get everything I need to get done,” Gorman said. “I know that you have to be strong to play on the next level. And just walking through the halls you see all of the past players—the Reed’s. the Hester’s—and when I walk through that hallway, I thought if I come here I want to be on that wall. That’s my mindset, that’s my goal.”

Because he had a good visit to UM, a school he grew up watching, Gorman admitted that giving a verbal commitment was something that crossed his mind, but he held back and wanted to make sure he saw other options.

“Coach McGriff and Coach Shannon told me that people, like me for example, who have a lot of offers early kind of get side-tracked and you still have to compete and show up,” Gorman said. “That was one thing they told me and not to worry about (recruiting) and just go out there and play, everything else will take care of itself.”

Former teammate Stephen Morris, a freshman quarterback at UM, and fellow Monsignor Pace standout DeMarcus Van Dyke****, a senior cornerback at UM, have talked to Gorman about what it’s like to be at UM.

“Morris and DeMarcus came up to me and let me know how it really is,” Gorman said. “They didn’t sugarcoat anything. They told me the truth. They said that it is good to be at UM, they will make sure all of your work is done, all of your school is done, and you have to do it on the field. That’s one thing I want to do, I want to get better. I’m the humble person, I want to do everything right. I chase perfection.”

Senior Year

Heading into his senior season, Gorman is focused on two personal goals that he would like to work on before he enters the college ranks.

“My goal is to be leader,” Gorman said. “I have to be a leader on and off the field. Even if someone is cutting up in class, I’m going to get them. I’m not the coach, but I have to be the leader and that’s what a leader is, like another coach. I also want to get my stats right for this year, My goal for offense is to get over 1,000 yards and I want to try to get two picks a game or some big hits, something because I want people to think I’m ready for the next level.”

As a junior, he accounted for over 400 yards and four touchdowns on offense. He had big role on the team playing safety recording two interceptions and being a leader by example.

“Last year I was a leader, but I was more of a leader on the field, I wasn’t very vocal,” Gorman said. “That’s the one thing, I’ve always been a quiet good boy all of my life because my mom always told me that you don’t have to talk about how good you are, just show it. But to be a leader, you have to be vocal and that’s something I wasn’t doing. Now I’m learning, I’m not there yet, but I’m learning. Morris would tell me every week to make sure the defense was there and that they don’t have to be the best player, but to make sure their effort was there, effort counts more than anything.”

Monsignor Pace will have a different look this season with a number of players headed off to college including Morris, Isaiah Williams (Purdue), Isaac Dixon (Oregon), De’Andre (Iowa), Jon Ragoo (Minnesota), and Zachary Soto (UCF).

Gorman is the top player returning and will look to lead a new group of up and coming players.

“It’s a challenge (to be a leader), but my teammates look up to me,” Gorman said. “I’m like the big brother of the team. Coach Slaughter tells them to look at Jabari Gorman, you think he just comes on the field and that just happens and I just tell colleges to offer him. No, I’m working hard every day in class and practice and when they see me working hard, that makes them work hard. We are developing right now, people might doubt us, but I like our chances.”

LSU, Ohio State, North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennese, Minn, Mary, UCF, USF, Purdue, Louisville, and Boston College are amongst the other schools that have extended offers to Gorman.

He said he would like to study either business or forensic science in college and academics have always been important to him.

“With my family education comes first always,” Gorman said. “My mindset is that if my GPA is this high and I know I’m not the best test-taker in the world so let me make sure I get my grades right so I wont have to have that much stress on me about taking the test or taking it more than once. So I just make sure I do good in class, not talk very much, and listen to the teachers—all of my teachers love me.”

Off-Season Camps, Combines, and Workouts

Gorman has been busy in the off-season, which is something you like to see as he’s a player that wants to continue to improve.

He attended the Miami Nike Combine in March and ran a 4.67 laser-timed 40, which is an improvement from last year as he wanted to prove to college coaches he could excel.

He also participated in the Miami Nike Camp at UM and was one of the top cornerbacks at the event competing against plenty of top-level competition.

And he’s busy playing for the South Florida Express, an all-star 7-on-7 team with some of the top players in the area.

“Playing for the Express builds confidence because you are going against some of the best athletes in South Florida and as long as I’ve been living here, the best athletes come from South Florida,” Gorman said. “That’s something I take into consideration in saying that ‘Yes, you’re good, but what are you going to do to be better than the other players’. I put that first and everything else comes to me. It’s a good experience. Pretty much all of the top players that I see on the internet I see every day, I see them in person and they don’t seem like the top athletes because we’re cool, we’re friends, we’re together. We are teammates and I don’t look at them as a top athlete, I look at them as another person competing for a job.”

He picked out two receivers, who have stood out to him while playing for the Express.

“The best was Tacoi Sumler and Eli Rogers, they were my main people I went up against,” Gorman said. “I talk a lot of smack to them, but they still bring it. Those two stood out a lot.”

Gorman is on the right track in continuing to be successful and UM coaches are hoping he will continue his success in Coral Gables.

Time will tell if Gorman will be a Hurricane.
props man this the n*gga I want in the class
 04-08-2010, 03:08 PM         #7327
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Under Armour All-American Christian LeMay names three favorites
Top quarterback Christian LeMay (Matthews, N.C./Butler) updated ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com on the current status of his recruitment.

"I have Clemson as one of my top five," the ESPNU 150 Watch List prospect said. "Georgia moved themselves into it. Auburn seems like the third to be in it."

LeMay continued, "We are going to cut it down to five this summer, or maybe seven max. After that, we are going to cut down to three. After the three, we are going to give a leader before football season. If everything stays the same and I still feel comfortable about the school, that's where I will be attending college."

He previously named Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami-FL, Mississippi State, Florida State, Virginia Tech and North Carolina as schools of interest.

Notre Dame, Arizona State, Texas A&M, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Illinois, Maryland, N.C. State and Michigan are among his other offers.

LeMay completed 170 of 248 attempts (68.5-percent) for 3,296 yards, 44 touchdowns and just two interceptions as a junior.

He's posted a 4.64 40-yard dash, 4.41 20-yard shuttle and 31.6-inch vertical.
 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM         #7328
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM is getting some competition from Texas for CB Josh Turner
Apr. 8, 2010

Cornerback Josh Turner from Millwood High in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is without question the top junior in the Sooner State.

Turner has a multitude of scholarship offers, but he previously said that Miami was his number one choice.

Turner (5-11, 180) just picked up a huge offer from Texas that helped that them join the Miami at the top of his list.

“I have 29 offers now but the last one came in from Texas so that was big,” Turner said. “Miami, Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska, those are my top schools right there. Texas and Miami are about even for number one.”

Turner has visited Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and he will be visiting Nebraska soon for a camp. He had previously thought that he couldn’t get to Miami before an official visit but he now hopes to get down to Coral Gables for a camp at some point.

Not only did Turner recently get an offer from the Longhorns but it was a recent visit to Austin that has Texas in good standing with him.

“Their coaches are great and the atmosphere down there is cool,” Turner said. “I like the way they play and I was talking to some of the players on my visit. They were just going through their workouts and they just sounded cool about the way the coaches prepare them to play.”

Turner went on to mention that he had been talking a lot with Miami coaches via face book but he has not talked to them much on the phone due to his busy schedule.

“Yea I’ve been talking to some of their coaches on face book but I haven’t had a chance to contact them yet,” Turner said. “I haven’t really been talking to coaches from any schools. It was the defensive backs coach (Coach McGriff) and the linebackers coach (Coach Barrow). I just came straight out of basketball onto track and now we have three track meets back to back. They asked me when I’m going to get down there and they congratulated me on the state championship because we won state in basketball.”

One thing Turner does respect about Miami is the athletes they produce which he got a closer look at from seeing the documentary ‘The U.’

“They had the old players on there talking about how it was to play at Miami,” Turner said. “They said they could have won many more national championships but they got in brawls with Notre Dame. I didn’t know they had so many athletes. What helped them be number one and win those championships was the attitude they had. I knew they didn’t like Notre Dame but I didn’t know it was that serious like a rivalry. That was hardcore.”

Turner admitted that he grew up a Cane fan and he talked about when he really started watching what Miami was doing.

“I started to watch Miami in the late 90s and early 2000s when they were still good but they had fallen off a little bit,” Turner said. “Now they’re starting to rebuild themselves and I feel like they’re going to make a big turnaround in the next couple years.”

Turner had an impressive junior year where he recorded 83 tackles and 6 interceptions. He also got extensive action on offense at receiver where he had 33 catches for 648 yards and 6 touchdowns along with 30 carries for 308 yards and 4 touchdowns.
 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM         #7329
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tampa (FL) Alonso High School DE Anthony Chickillo, whose father and grandfather played for the Canes, says he enjoyed his time at UM's spring game.

"My dad, he went to the alumni practice that Friday, and we went to the spring game," Chickillo said. "It was fun. He hung out with some of the former players.

"The spring game, when I walked in the stands all the fans were going nuts. They knew who I was. They were chanting out `Third generation!' and were saying all kinds of stuff. It was kind of overwhelming, and at the same time I enjoyed it."

Of what he thought of the game itself, Chickillo said, "I was watching the D-ends, how they played, and coach (Rick) Petri, seeing how he coached on the sideline. I was just watching the defense and the different things they were doing. They stayed in base most of the time, didn't blitz, but it was good.

"I talked to all the coaches. I talked to coach (Randy) Shannon - he's real excited. He always jokes around with me because he and my dad are real good friends. He always jokes around how he used to watch me run around in diapers. I also talked to coach Petri. He said he watched me on film, loves the way I play, that it's the way he teaches his guys, that I fit in well there."

Chickillo also got a chance to talk with quarterback Jacory Harris for a few minutes.

"He was just telling me that he loves Miami," Chickillo said. "He knew who I was, and he said it would be a good fit for me. He said I'd like it there."

Chickillo says he's keeping his recruitment wide open for now. And he has big plans for the spring and summer.

"I will visit as many schools as I can and will see how it goes from there," he said. "I have no schools set for sure, but think I'll go to the USC camp and some other schools like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and LSU."

Chickillo already lists 40 scholarship offers.

But that's not more than his father landed out of high school.

"My dad was a blue chip recruits, the No. 6 player out of Florida when he came out and No. 31 in the nation," Chickillo said. "He said he didn't get an offer from USC, but he got some I didn't get like Penn State."

Of where UM fits in, Chickillo said, "Miami is one of my favorite schools. They're definitely one of my favorites, no question about it."

Of when he'll make a decision, Chickillo said, "Whenever I feel right with the program. I'm graduating early, so I want to have my top five by the end of the summer."
 7 years ago '05        #7330
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
Stardom once seemed a certainty for defensive tackle Marcus Forston.

A Parade All-American who was ranked as one of the nation’s Top 10 high school players by Rivals.com following his senior season at Miami Northwestern, Forston barely missed a beat after taking a step up to the college level.

Injuries have stunted Marcus Forston's career.

In his first season at UM in 2008, Forston showed flashes of greatness while earning a spot on the Football Writers a.ssociation of America Freshman All-America first team.

But injuries limited Forston to three games in 2009 and caused him to redshirt. Knee surgery forced Forston to miss all of spring practice, allowing others like Micanor Regis and Curtis Porter to move ahead of him.

When fall practice begins in August, Forston will be on the third team, according to coach Randy Shannon.

It’s not personal, Shannon points out. Just business.

“He has to compete like anybody else,” Shannon said. “If he’s good enough, he’ll beat them out and if he’s not, we’re a better team.”

Regis and Porter had big spring practices and seem like locks to be part of the rotation at defensive tackle next season. Senior Josh Holmes, the elder statesman in the interior of UM’s defensive line, is a “mainstay”, according to Shannon.

That will leave Forston battling with Jeremy Lewis and Luther Robinson for the final two spots on travel roster.

“We’ll see what he does in August,” Shannon said of Forston. “We’re only going to travel five [defensive tackles].”

Shannon is obviously trying to put some pressure on Forston, a 6-foot-3, 310-pound redshirt sophomore with two career starts, and he isn’t the only one.

“His mom is unbelievable,” Shannon said. “She tells me, ‘Put him down [the depth chart]. Make him work.’”

Here are a few more notes with Shannon discussing the performance of the defense during spring practice:

…..Senior Kylan Robinson will begin fall practice as the starting middle linebacker and has squelched the possibility that Colin McCarthy will be moved from weakside linebacker to the middle. Shannon said that the best three linebackers will be on the field, which means that McCarthy could still shift inside if Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanan, who missed spring practice while recovering from surgery, shine in the fall and Robinson falters. But Shannon made clear that it’s Robinson’s job to lose. “He was physical, chased the football, learned the defense and understood what the offense is trying to do to you,” Shannon said of Robinson, a converted running back. “It was a like a brand new person. We put a lot of pressure on him, telling him, ‘Hey, this is it. We need you to step up. If not, we’re going to put somebody in front of you.’ We put Shayon [Green] in front of him [at the start of spring practice] and he didn’t get discouraged. He kept making plays and doing a lot of good things. When spring practice was all said and done, it was like, ‘Whoa, OK, I like this.’ He’s really stepped it up.”

….Shannon said that cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke had “an unbelievable spring.” Finding the right buttons to push with Van Dyke, talented but erratic, is the key. “When you keep your thumb on him, keep pressure on him, Van Dyke is unbelievable,” Shannon said. “When you don’t, then Van Dyke is going to be up and down a little bit. It’s time. He’s a senior.”

….While fans are infatuated with Ray Ray Armstrong’s athletic ability, it’s Vaughn Telemaque who may be UM’s next great safety. According to Shannon, Telemaque “is going to be an Edward Reed.” While Armstrong will enter fall practice battling Jamal Reid for a starting job, Telemaque has no such worries. tough. “Vaughn Telemaque is going to be one of the great ones,” Shannon said. “He showed it this spring – the range, going after the football. Tackling – he ‘s not going to be one of these guys that takes your head off — but he gets you on the ground. He makes a lot of plays.”
 7 years ago '04        #7331
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
This Kylan Robinson s**t is scaring me.
 7 years ago '07        #7332
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
Fortson better tighten the f**k up we need him on the line to clog s**t up

injuries do hinder you but he needs to get it together
 7 years ago '04        #7333
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
every year shannon does some weird shyt with the lineup

whether its putting slow a.ss richard gordon on kick returns, starting kirby freeman over kyle wright or not starting his best running back:disdain2:
 7 years ago '04        #7334
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
my n*gga dchis coming through hardcore :applause:
 7 years ago '05        #7335
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
every year shannon does some weird shyt with the lineup

whether its putting slow a.ss richard gordon on kick returns, starting kirby freeman over kyle wright or not starting his best running back:disdain2:
lmao i forgot who it was. but wasnt someone in here excited about gordon returning kicks
 7 years ago '04        #7336
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
K-Rob Was Most Improved Player Says Shannon
Apr. 9, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Kylan Robinson.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Sometimes it just takes time for a player to come into his own.

For senior linebacker Kylan Robinson, that time appears to be now.

Head coach Randy Shannon named Robinson, who was the first-team middle linebacker throughout the spring, as the most improved player on the team.

“K-Rob, the man, the legend. K-Rob has came a long ways, I’m being honest with you,” Shannon said. “I like the way he’s come around, he’s playing his butt off. He’s enthusiastic out there. He’s not the guy that was in his shell all of these years. Like anything, it takes time. You never think it’s going to take, three, five, four years, or whatever, but now he’s a fifth-year guy if I’m not mistaken so the light came on in practice. The guys have confidence in him, they joke around with him.”

Robinson, a native of Anchorage, Alaska, would be a nice addition to the defense if he can continue his progression, which Shannon believes will happen.

“Yes, he can really help us in the fall,” Shannon said.

It could be a quite a turnaround for a player coming off a season in which he registered just one tackle while playing in all 13 games primarily on special teams. He had three tackles in seven games in 2008 and did not record a tackle in two games in 2007.

“This is my last opportunity to make something good of myself so I am just really pushing hard and working as hard as I can,” Robinson said.

Teammate Sean Spence believes Robinson is a different player this year.

“He is a smart physical linebacker who can make checks and the calls before the snap,” Spence said. “He can get the defense lined up to where we need to be. He has made a big change. He is a totally different player mentally and physically.”

Shannon recalled a moment in which he felt Robinson showed something that they had not seen in the past.

“K-Rob made a play and tossed a guy to the ground, we had never seen K-Rob do that before so anytime players do that, you get excited,” Shannon said.

Robinson stands 6-foot-1 and weighs 235 pounds. He played running back on the scout team in 2006 before switching to linebacker.
 7 years ago '04        #7337
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Bright Future in Store for Chavez Grant
Apr. 9, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Chavez Grant.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Chavez Grant played all over the field as a player at the University of Miami. From corner to nickel to safety to Special Teams, Grant did whatever was asked of him, and did it pretty well.

So that’s what he did on UM Pro Day when he worked out just about everywhere.

“I think I did pretty well. I was excited to see everybody perform well. Some guys could have did a little better in some things, but it is what it is. There were nerves out there. But it’s pretty satisfying,” Grant said.

Grant said he wasn’t nervous going while some of his teammates were and failed to sleep the night before.

“Javarris (James) said he couldn’t sleep and Sam (Shields) said he couldn’t sleep, but the way I look at it, some of these drills and running, I’ve been doing this my whole life. The only thing is there are other guys watching me do it. I definitely put out my best effort,” Grant said.

Grant said he clocked in the 4.5 range in the 40, a far improvement from when he first arrived at Miami when he ran in the 4.8 range.

“Swasey has done wonders for me,” Grant said. “When I first got here I ran in the 4.8 range.”

Football though might not be in Grant’s future. He’s not expected to be drafted and still has no scheduled NFL workouts, but what he does have is a Bachelor’s degree and on track to get his Master’s Degree in International Administration by May 2011.

Football is a dream of his though, although not the way it might be for some other players who don’t see beyond the gridiron.

“This is like, I don’t know. It’s kind of in the middle (as a dream). I love the sport, but I don’t know if just seeing my dad in the business world, dreaming of following in his footsteps. I just like to wear suits, but I feel like both are my dreams. I am going to try to do this football thing til it’s exhausted and then use my degree,” Grant said.

Hearing things like that are good to hear from football players at major Division I programs when the focus is always NFL, NFL, NFL with nothing else in mind.

Grant clearly isn’t in that mold, but he will take every opportunity he is given to try to make an NFL team.

“Definitely, I did that here my whole career, played corner, nickel, safety when needed, a lot of special teams, a lot of guys know me for the big hits on punt returns, so I am willing to do whatever,” Grant said.

He is one of two corners who are gone from the 2009 team. He expects Brandon Harris to be the main guy to take over and be the vocal and leader by example.

“I got to say my boy Brandon Harris. We’ve been down for a long time. I know his work ethic. I know what he can do. I know he has those leadership qualities. I feel he’s going to be on those big leaders on that defense. I think his overall knowledge of the game. He’s always had a long stride. I think track will give him confidence that he can run with receivers, along with that confidence, the confidence to take some risks, you might make some big plays, you might make some mistakes. I think he’ll make a big impact,” Grant said.

And with it being Harris’ junior year, it’s that time for him to step up according to Grant.

“I think it is the junior year. The freshman and sophomore year you are learning the ropes. The junior year is the year is when you are coming full circle, guys are trusting you and believing in you. The senior year, now you are well established, you kind of lead the team however you can,” Grant said.
 7 years ago '05        #7338
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
tavadis glenn, devont'a davis, jeremy davis, travis williams, delmar taylor, david perry, clive walford

have not qualified yet,
 7 years ago '04        #7339
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
Most was gonna red-shirt anyway with maybe the exception of the Davis boys.
 04-10-2010, 12:32 PM         #7340
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
-star WR likes Miami's offense

Kelvin Benjamin is considered one of the best wide receiver prospects not only in Florida but perhaps the entire country and the Glades Central standout is getting recruited like it. He has a lot of interest in Miami so read on to see what he's saying about the Canes, the recruiting process, and more.
Kelvin Benjamin helped lead his team to the state championship game against Cocoa last season by putting up some big numbers.
"I did OK," Benjamin said. "I had 40 catches for 920 yards. It was a good season but we gotta go back and win it this season."

Those production numbers were very impressive, especially for a 6-foot-5, 210-pound receiver.

"I've basically just been working out since last season ended," he said. "I have been working out with college players and running track, trying to stay in shape and getting ready for spring."

Benjamin has quickly become one of the state's top wide receiver prospects and he has the offers to prove it. Miami, Florida, USF, Tennessee, West Virginia, and on and on. They just keep coming.

"I am still not sure yet about a list of favorites or anything," he said. "More offers are gonna come in so I am gonna wait and start over and go from there. I am still open to anybody."

The standout receiver prospect says he followed all three Florida schools growing up.

"I watched all the schools around Florida," he said. "I've watched Miami a lot."

Benjamin is very familiar with the Canes and spoke highly about them.

"I like that they give the ball to their receivers a lot," he said. "I went to one of the games last season; I like the hype in the locker room. I didn't get out to a spring practice but I talk to Travis Benjamin and he tells me good things and Randy Phillips says good things too. I like Miami a lot."

Benjamin, who says he plans on attending Florida's spring game this weekend, talked about some of the things he'll be looking for when choosing a school.

"Playing early and education are two big factors," he said. "I wanna play and also having a good relationship with the coaches is important to me."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
180 comments
1 day ago