Image(s) inside The Girl Who Allegedly Gave Lil Peep The Drugs That Killed Him
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Jerry Jones Catching Heat For Video With "Racial Comments"
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Minneapolis Tribune: Harden's NBA 'Eurostep' is unfair and maybe should be..
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA After That Awful GAME, Lonzo Ball DROVE & LOCKED HIMSELF IN LAKERS GYM TO ..
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7321
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 7 years ago '06        #7322
Xaiv 148 heat pts148
space
space
$4,264 | Props total: 2160 2160

7 years ago '05        #7323
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639

[video - click to view]

the good ole days
 7 years ago '07        #7324
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Cap Peeler said:
back to calling for that n*gga's head
Yeah, its getting to that time. I know everybody's gonna wanna let Randy finish out next year with that infamous '08 class and see if they can get a championship, but I dont think we got a championship caliber coaching staff

Too many x's and o's problems and schemes arent being adjusted to these lower end schools. I like Shannon as a players coach, just tired of seeing us lose to these wackass ACC schools

Personally, Im hoping someone from the nfl gets fired and goes back to the college level and we can scoop him
 7 years ago '04        #7325
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
So we got hope gt beats vt tonight so we can once again control our destiny? Am i right? i dont even know if i want to play in the acc champ if it means shannon staying around longer
 7 years ago '04        #7326
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
So we got hope gt beats vt tonight so we can once again control our destiny? Am i right? i dont even know if i want to play in the acc champ if it means shannon staying around longer
lmao yea... virginia tech needs to lose and we gotta beat virginia tech ..

but i'm tired of that scenario, it's the same case every f**king year .... always hoping for some team to slip. How about these n*ggas start playin like grown f**kin man and whoop up on everyf**kingbody so we dont gotta go through this s**t again like i said before i stopped giving a f**k when it's clear that the norm has become to just be pretty good with a 8-10 win season.

eh....f**k it.
 7 years ago '05        #7327
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
shannon will be safe as long as he makes it to a bowl game...acc bowl money split
gotdamn you shalala

hopefully if morris balls out...it should be a clear indication that jacory should stay away from the field and that shannon is incompetent as a head coach for even having him 4th in the depth chart when whipple is garbage and highsmith well just wont cut it
 11-04-2010, 03:50 PM         #7328
canesin2099  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Every year things have lined up for us, only for us to come out and crap the bed. We always have to RELY on other teams to control our own destiny. That isn't Cane football.
 7 years ago '05        #7329
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

and

7 years ago '04        #7330
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon Reaction: Maryland Win
Nov. 7, 2010

By: David Lake

Randy Shannon
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami head coach Randy Shannon met with the media Sunday morning to discuss this week's 26-20 win over Maryland.

News & Notes

• Freshman quarterback Stephen Morris finished the game 18-of-30 for 286 yards and one touchdown while throwing two interceptions. Shannon shared his thoughts on how Morris played. "He made great decisions on not trying to force anything on the run," Shannon said. "I think sometimes when a young guy tries to get in the game, he tries to force things instead of letting his athletic ability be used. He showed a lot of composure in the game. They got some hits on him and some sacks, but he kepth coming back and executing the offense."

• Shannon on the two interceptions Morris threw: "One of them he shouldn't have thrown and the other one, he didn't see the guy come from the backside. He was throwing it to the tight end and the tight end was open and the guy came out of nowhere and made a great play on it."

• Because of the two interceptions, Shannon doesn't want to overstate Morris' performance in his first start. "He had a good performance, not impressive. He had two interceptions," Shannon said. "Don't make it seem like he has done some great things. He had two interceptions and came back and made some great passes. He knows he has a lot to improve. He did a good job of managing the game."

• Following the Maryland game, Shannon stated that if Jacory Harris is healthy enough to play against Georgia Tech, he will be the starter. Shannon says that uncertainty is not hard on freshman quarterback Stephen Morris. "He is kind of a mature guy. He is not a guy that lets a lot of petty stuff bother him. The petty stuff is not in his demeanor. He doesn't get caught up into things that aren't what we are trying to get done or what he is trying to get done."

• Miami allowed three sacks against Maryland, but overall Shannon was pleased with the way the offensive line protected Morris throughout the game. "I think they did a great job of protecting Stephen with all those blitzes they were running," Shannon said.

• On defense, Shannon was pleased with how Miami's defense was able to get off the field on third down at the end of the Maryland game. The week before, the Hurricanes could not force Virginia to punt at the end of the game as the Cavaliers ran out the clock. "That shows improvement," Shannon said. "Each week we can improve, it shows we are getting better as a football team. That was big for them to step up and get off the field."

• The defensive touchdown Miami had called back in the fourth quarter was negated by a Sean Spence facemask call, Shannonsaid. "He said Sean grabbed the guy's facemask. I said ok."

• The Hurricanes ran the ball 49 times against Maryland for 218 yards. Shannon on if he thinks the offense should run the ball more the rest of the season: "The last couple of games I think we was averaging 200 yards rushing in some losses and some wins. It is not that. We need to score points in some situations. The points are not there compared to what we need to get done at Miami."

• Shannon was forced to burn some timeouts against Maryland throughout the game. One time when Shannon called a timeout, he wanted to correct the coverage the defense was in and on the next play, Ray Ray Armstrong intercepted a pass in the end-zone. "We had to make sure the right coverage was in," Shannon said. "I put him in the right place and when you get in that situation, somebody has to make a play. I called the timeout to make sure we had the right coverage in."

• With a lot of upsets happening within the ACC this week to Florida State and N.C. State, and also losses by ranked teams around the country, Shannon says he will make sure his team is aware of how focused they need to be to close the season out strong. "You keep preaching to them about it," Shannon said. "I will pull up some scores today. You look at Texas A&M and Oklahoma, North Carolina and Florida State at Florida State. There is a lot of things to look at that you present to your guys. These are things that can happen and we have to make sure we are on top of what we are doing and play our game every day. You can't just say this is going to be an easy game."

• Miami will have a week to prepare for the triple option of Georgia Tech now. Last year the Hurricanes had 10 days to prepare for the complicated offense of the Yellow Jackets and that extra time helped UM. Shannon says the team prepared for the triple option during a few practices in fall camp and now they will just have to revisit that scheme. "This week is going to be a grind," Shannon said. "We are going to depend on our scout team offense, who is going to have to do a great job simulating what Georgia Tech does. Our guys have to catch up fast. It can't be a deal where it is the first quarter and we aren't caught up. We have to have the speed down and that is why the offensive scout team has to be critical. They have to be real fast and real sharp with the speed of it."

• Georgia Tech quarterback Josh Nesbitt broke his arm against Virginia Tech last week, but Shannon doesn't expect that to affect anything going into this week's game. "It is not going to change," Shannon said. "Coach Johnson has been doing it for years and he is always going to have a backup guy. He is going to be an athlete that can run the football and will have some speed."

• Receiver Leonard Hankerson has had a great senior season, helping his draft stock at the same time. Hankerson had the opportunity to leave after his junior season last year and now he is an example of what a strong senior season can mean in improving before entering the NFL Draft. "He is a better football player that he was last year," Shannon said.
 7 years ago '04        #7331
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
getting my tickets against georgia tech for this saturday in a few hours :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '07        #7332
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,496 | Props total: 1129 1129
Morris is starting right

Please God Please
 7 years ago '04        #7333
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Morris is starting right

Please God Please
harris n berry r out
 7 years ago '04        #7334
booie4 
space
space
$5,234 | Props total: 1519 1519
Running backs key to offense

by: Steve Gorten November 14th, 2010 | 11:40 PM
CORAL GABLES – In the locker room before Saturday’s 35-10 win at Georgia Tech, Hurricanes offensive coordinator Mark Whipple had a message for the offense.
“We’re going to run the ball when we want to run the ball. We’re going to throw the ball when we want to throw the ball,” LT Orlando Franklin said, recounting what Whipple told players. “That got everybody really enthusiastic because last year that’s the mentality he came in with, and for him to reiterate it [Saturday], everybody was really happy.”
The ‘Canes both ran and threw the ball effectively, piling up a season-high 507 yards against the Yellow Jackets and their most points against an FBS opponent this season.
“The offense has grown so much. The offensive line’s mature. They can run the ball for a lot of yards,” LB Colin McCarthy said. “They did a great job of giving us time to rest [Saturday] and make the adjustments we need to make.”
How has the offense changed from earlier this season?
“I just remember a lot of times we passed the ball a lot more than we ran it,” Franklin said. “Coach Whipple a.ssured us we’re going to run the ball. I remember a couple of weeks ago he told us if we run the ball 44 times a game, we’ll definitely win.”
The ‘Canes ran the ball 44 times against North Carolina. They won 33-10. They ran the ball a season-high 49 times against Maryland. They won 26-20. They ran it 46 times Saturday for a season-high 277 yards and four touchdowns.
“The running back crew is the heart and soul of this team,” RB Damien Berry said. “When we come out and set the tone, that’s the best thing for the whole team.”
The one game the Hurricanes lost of the past four? At Virginia, where they ran the ball just 29 times.
Sure, the ‘Canes had to throw a lot after falling behind 24-0 to the Cavaliers.
But they weren’t running when the game was scoreless, either. Fifteen of the 24 plays QB Jacory Harris was under center were pass plays, including the one on which he suffered a concussion. [One of the pass plays resulted in a 4-yard scramble by Harris]
The nine run plays gained 50 yards. The Hurricanes averaged 6.2 yards per carry for the game.
In Harris’ two starts before the Virginia game – at Duke and then home vs. UNC – the ‘Canes ran the ball 86 times and Harris threw 66 passes.
Harris’ statistics: 38-for-66 (57.5 percent) for 441 yards, 4 TD and 1 INT.
In Stephen Morris’ two starts, the ‘Canes have run the ball nearly twice as much as they’ve passed: 95 to 48.
Morris’ statistics: 28-for-48 (58.3 percent) for 516 yards, 2 TD and 2 INT.
“[Whipple] just told the offensive line, ‘Look, we’re going to put it on you guys. Get it done up front and we’ll definitely be successful,” Franklin said. “He knows what he’s talking about, so for us to earn his trust makes us feel good as an offensive line, good as a team. We’re getting it done. Receivers are cracking the safeties.
“That’s something they weren’t doing before. We’re all trying to take care of business. And in the passing game, we’re going to block our behinds off to make sure we give Stephen or Jacory time to get the ball to the receivers.”
 7 years ago '09        #7335
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
I got faith in Kirby to do the right thing and get rid of Shannon.
 7 years ago '04        #7336
space
space
sgorten

#UM is 4-9 vs ranked opponents in Randy Shannon's 4 seasons as coach; 6 of the 9 losses by 23 or more pts, 8 of 9 by at least 12 pts less than a minute ago via web

^^^^ how is this acceptable.
 7 years ago '05        #7337
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
sgorten

#UM is 4-9 vs ranked opponents in Randy Shannon's 4 seasons as coach; 6 of the 9 losses by 23 or more pts, 8 of 9 by at least 12 pts less than a minute ago via web

^^^^ how is this acceptable.
easy, shalala
 7 years ago '05        #7338
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

Much of the credit for that goes to Whitt, who was at his wits' end when he found that Shields had no idea how to watch film, learn defenses or prepare for games at the cornerback position. So Whitt began at, well, the beginning.

"He had no clue. Trust me, no clue," Whitt said bluntly. "There was one day, I almost lost my mind."

[pic - click to view]

:hmm:
 7 years ago '04        #7339
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon Reaction: Day After Virginia Tech
Nov. 21, 2010

By: David Lake

Randy Shannon
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami coach Randy Shannon met with the media Sunday morning to talk about the 31-17 loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday.

The Hurricanes committed six turnovers against the Hokies and in the end that was too tough to overcome.

"Basically it came down to turnovers and big plays in the game," Shannon said. "It was a close game throughout, back and forth, two turnovers in the first half happend that could have been positive for us--the fourth down fumble and also the fumbled snap going into the end-zone. It would have been really positive for us to convert."

Read here for more news and notes with Shannon's meeting with the media.

NEWS & NOTES

• The Hurricanes had multiple dropped passes throughout the game that hurt the team's chances to answer Virginia Tech's touchdowns, Shannon said. "You are depending on your players to make those type of plays," Shannon said. "Their players made those plays in the game and our guys did not make those plays in the game. I felt that was the difference in the game."

"Some guys have to step up and make big plays when they have the opportunity to."

• The dropped passes by the receivers continue to frustrate Shannon. "Travis had one and Aldarius had one in the end-zone. Guys have to make plays like that. The coaches call plays and put guys in perfect situations. That was a perfect situation, Travis running down the sideline and [Aldarius] in the end-zone. Balls touched some guy's hands and they had a chance to catch it and they didn't make the play. The guys we have on the team is what we have right now. That is why we recruit and put pressure on those guys."

"All season long, guys have had their opportunities to make catches and give us big plays and they haven't and some of them have. Travis made a big play on the flea-flicker, but make those other catches in the game and you will seperate yourself to being a big time guy. You have to come up with those catches and he knows it."

• Shannon on QB Stephen Morris' play in the fourth quarter: "He didn't press. He had a big pass play to Hankerson and that one got called back. He didn't press, he was just trying to convert."

• QB Jacory Harris is the likely starter this week against USF, Shannon said.

• RB Lamar Miller ran for 163 yards and one touchdown on 15 carries against Virginia Tech. Shannon says he has made an effort to give Miller more carries each week since he missed the Florida State game with an injury. "Lamar was out for a while with an injury," Shannon said. "When he came off injury, the reps have increased from before. I am very excited for him. We are just not going to be a school that gives a young man 35 or 25 carries and then his future is shot."

• Miami has allowed a handful of runs greater than 50 yards this season. Shannon says he is trying to figure out why those big runs have happened. "I think when guys press hard, they try to compensate for somebody else and that is when bad things happen," Shannon said.

• Shannon says he isn't concerned about losing the team mentally for this week's game and the bowl game. "You don't lose a team," Shannon said. "We have senior day this week, so that is a positive. It is an opportunity to end the season on a senior day against South Florida and then get ready for a bowl game. There is a lot of things that you still have to look forward to. A lot of people don't have a chance to play in a bowl game."

• It doesn't matter what bowl game Miami is invited to, according to Shannon. "I don't really get involved with it. It is a great opportunity for the kids because they deserve it with how hard they work. It is not our say, it is up to the bowls to make those decisions."

• Miami has yet to win a bowl game under Shannon. "It is important to win the bowl game because that is what you start your spring with," Shannon said. "It is something positive."

• When asked about the improvements from last year to this year's team, Shannon cited the emergence of a go-to receiver, the emergence of a tight end, a strong running game, and the defensive line play."Record-wise we are not better than what we were. We have an opportunity to tie our record. As far as in the conference, it is probably the first time we have beaten Georgia Tech and North Carolina in the same year. It is probably the first time we can finish second in our Coastal Divsion compared to third or fourth. We have improved in a lot of things from where we were. Do I think we are a better football team than we were last year? Yes, but our record doesn't show it...I am not going to sit up here and tell you this is where we want to be at, but I think what we have been doing is a lot better."

• Miami has played a premiere non-conference schedule every year under Shannon with games against Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Pittsburgh during his four years. Shannon on having to play a tough non-conference schedule every year: "Our schedule has probably been the toughest of anybody the last four years in the country. Every year I have to play Florida State and Virginia Tech. Nobody else in the ACC has to play those two schools. If you look at when we were in the Big East, we played one non conference opponent that was a top opponent. Miami is a team that is always looking to play the best teams in the country. You have to accept that as a coach, that you have to play a tough non-conference schedule."

• Shannon says he tries to keep perspective on the job he is doing by looking at how long it took other coaches around the country to turn a program around. "Coach Beamer has been at Virginia Tech how long?" Shannon said. "And you look at his term, his seventh year he finally had a winning record. People don't realize that. He has always been 9-3, 8-4, 10-2, he is still working to win his championship. He is a great coach and like anybody he is trying to take that next step and get to that point. I look at the Missouri coach Pinkel and how long it took. Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. How many games did he win over a certain amount of years? Some coaches haven't had winning records in four years or five years and then they get them going. Do I want it to happen quick? Yes. Am I striving for it to be happening quick? Yes. I am trying to win a championship? Yes."

• Shannon says he could build Miami's schedule he would make it easier. "Would I change it? Of course I would," Shannon said. "If you have a chance to play some teams that are Division I teams that you can get some easy wins, yeah I would do it. That is what everybody else in the country is doing now...You can't change it now because these are things that were done before me and Kirby got here."
 7 years ago '04        #7340
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,965 | Props total: 2748 2748
• When asked about the improvements from last year to this year's team, Shannon cited the emergence of a go-to receiver, the emergence of a tight end, a strong running game, and the defensive line play."Record-wise we are not better than what we were. We have an opportunity to tie our record. As far as in the conference, it is probably the first time we have beaten Georgia Tech and North Carolina in the same year. It is probably the first time we can finish second in our Coastal Divsion compared to third or fourth. We have improved in a lot of things from where we were. Do I think we are a better football team than we were last year? Yes, but our record doesn't show it...I am not going to sit up here and tell you this is where we want to be at, but I think what we have been doing is a lot better."
:disdain2:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
421 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Hoops hottie's sexy basketball videos are a total slam dunk
51 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
150 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
45 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
69 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
204 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
186 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nov 15 - Terry Crews names his molester live
84 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy