Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7241
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 597 597
^hope he take's the rest of the crew with him
 03-15-2010, 09:10 PM         #7242
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM and UF Battling for Star WR Kevin Benjamin
Mar. 15, 2010

TAMPA, Fla. -- Kelvin Benjamin is one of the most-sought after recruits in the country.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound wide receiver from Glades Central is unsure on how many schools have offered, but says he gets offers “like every other day”.

Benjamin noted that Miami and Florida are currently recruiting him the hardest.

“It’s going to be a tough decision,” said Benjamin, who had 36 receptions for 861 yards and six touchdowns as a junior.

In addition to the two in-state programs after him heavily, he lists N.C. State, USC, Notre Dame, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Alabama as amongst the out of schools which have offered and are recruiting him.

He says he plans on visits to Miami and Florida during the spring in addition to N.C. State, a school that has been on him since the beginning.

“(N.C. State) came after me a while back,” Benjamin said. “They came at me real early so I’m going to try to go up there for Junior Day.”

He added: “I’m going to try to get around to everywhere.”

Benjamin’s rise to being a coveted prospect has been quite the journey considering he did not play football as a freshman. He caught 15 passes for 264 yards and six touchdowns as a sophomore.

“I didn’t know that I was going to be that big, but I had a good 10th grade year and I came into my junior year and I had some offers,” Benjamin said. “I was shocked though.”

Benjamin said he grew up a Miami fan and still has high interest in the Hurricanes.

“I have been getting a lot of mail from UM and I’ve talked to them on the phone a couple times,” Benjamin said. “They are trying to get me down there for the spring game.

Glades Central has produced current Hurricanes Damien Berry and Travis Benjamin.

“I’ve been talking to Travis, he just tells me Miami is a good school and it’s a good program down there,” Benjamin said. “We’ve talked about other things and he’s also said that if he has a good year this year that he’s going to go to the league.”

Benjamin also talks to former Glades Central stars, who played at Florida.

“I talk to Reidel Anthony a lot and I talk to Fred Taylor—his son (Kelvin) is one of my friends so I talk to Fred a lot. He encourages me a lot and tells me to work harder,” Benjamin said.

He’s been in touch with the UF staff including their head coach.

“I’ve been talking to coach Z a lot and I’ve talked to coach Urban Meyer a little bit. I’m going to try to go there in the spring,” Benjamin said.

Benjamin played with Team SoFla, a 7-on-7 all-star team with players from primarily Palm Beach County. The team lost in the quarterfinals of the 11-team event.

“We came out a little flat,” Benjamin said. “There were a couple balls we could have caught. The defense did good though.”

Against the Big Timers, a talented team from Orlando, Team SoFla needed a score in the final minute of play so they turned to Benjamin for two deep 50-yard passes, which came up incomplete as Nick Waisome and Karlos Williams were covering Benjamin, who had the ball for a split second before it was knocked loose.

“I went up to try and grab them, but I wasn’t able to bring them down,” said Benjamin, who laid on the ground for a few moments in disappointment.

Benjamin did not play with the same intensity and aggressiveness that he typically plays with during the weekend.

“I didn’t come out real good because my groin was hurting (Saturday) so I didn’t do that good, but I still scored some times,” he said.

Currently, Benjamin is busy with track as he’s trying to lower his 40 time, which he has been timed at 4.49. He is also participating in the high jump, where his best mark is 6-4 with his goal at 6-6. His best mark in the long jump is 22 feet.
 7 years ago '04        #7243
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Bailey Having Fun at DE
Mar. 16, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Allen Bailey.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Allen Bailey is arguably the team’s best defensive player and has the potential to be dominant in 2010.

Bailey, a 6-foot-4, 290-pound senior defensive lineman, earned first-team All-ACC honors last season after posting 34 tackles, 11 for a loss, seven sacks, two forced fumbles, and two pass break-ups.

This season, he’ll be counted on as one of the leaders of the defense although he’ll let his teammates follow his actions and work ethic.

“I feel comfortable in the role,” he said. “There’s no pressure. I like to lead by example.”

Bailey played defensive end and tackle last season, but has solely played left defensive end during spring practices.

“It’s fun,” said Bailey on playing defensive end. “I’ve grown in love with it over the years. It’s fun. It is what it is. It’s a little more work. You have to know a little more, but it’s still fun.”

He feels it doesn’t matter where the coaches play him, he will make plays.

“Whether I’m inside or out, I try to make the most plays as possible. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t,” Bailey said.

He has been one of the top performers of the spring according to head coach Randy Shannon as he continues to improve.

New defensive line coach Rick Petri has been busy teaching Bailey and the rest of the line about various techniques to help them improve off the line.

“With a new coach I just wanted to work on what he’s teaching,” Bailey said. “He’s teaching a lot with shooting our hands off the ball, our stance, and our footwork.”

In addition to Bailey, defensive tackles Micanor Regis and Curtis Porter have had good springs and appear to be on their way to being key guys in the rotation this season and while Shannon said he is pleased with the tackles’ progression, they still have a ways to go.

“They have a long ways to go before we feel comfortable about them,” Shannon said.

Bailey has been developing a good connection with Porter, who has been playing alongside Bailey quite a bit in the spring.

“I play alongside Curtis Porter the most so I’m getting use to playing with him and the games we run,” Bailey said. “He’s strong for one thing. He works with his technique every day and tries to get better.”

Another player, who has been doing well during the spring is Adewale Ojomo, who missed the 2009 season due to a broken jaw he suffered in August.

Ojomo is arguably the most emotional, most passionate player on the defense and the Hurricanes are welcoming his abilities back with open arms.

“You see the intensity Ojomo has when we come out here,” Bailey said. “It is a momentum booster.”

Bailey and Ojomo have a special connection as the two are roommates along with cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke and safety JoJo Nicolas.

“We talk a lot about what he went through,” Bailey said. “When you miss a whole season, it kind of shows you what you’re missing. He came back and is getting better. He knows he missed something he loved.”

Bailey thinks Ojomo, a sophomore, will have a productive bounce back season.

“I expect him to have a good year,” Bailey said.
 03-17-2010, 07:27 PM         #7244
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"UM's proposed football game at Yankee Stadium in 2012 fell through because UCLA refused to play UM." ~ Barry Jackson, Miami Herald
 7 years ago '06        #7245
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
 the lefty said:
"um's proposed football game at yankee stadium in 2012 fell through because ucla refused to play um." ~ barry jackson, miami herald
shook ones!
 7 years ago '07        #7246
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 The Lefty said:
"UM's proposed football game at Yankee Stadium in 2012 fell through because UCLA refused to play UM." ~ Barry Jackson, Miami Herald
Lmao, declining games is pus*y s**t
 03-17-2010, 08:59 PM         #7247
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k UCLA that s**t would have been ill
 7 years ago '07        #7248
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466

They dont want it...f**k it lets find someone else

call boise state
 7 years ago '04        #7249
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
f**king UCLA must still be shook 13 years after Edge ripped them another a**hole

We made their pus*y a.ss program decline after that game... them n*ggas haven't been nearly what they were ever since

but for real, lets call up Boise State, they wanna play anyone and i like the sound of that. Time to put their little cinderella bulls**t up their a.sses and let them know who the boss is :mad44:
 7 years ago '05        #7250
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
boise state and their fraud a.ss home game winning streak
 7 years ago '04        #7251
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Tevin McCaskill Re-surfacing Out West
Mar. 18, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Tevin McCaskill started on Northwestern's 2007 national championship team.
Tevin McCaskill was on a roll following his junior season as he helped lead the Northwestern Bulls from his safety spot to being crowned with the 2007 national title.

McCaskill (6-1, 185) went on to receive offers from the likes of Miami, Florida, Auburn, and Clemson, but he was without a home on national signing day.

Fast forward to today where McCaskill explained how and why he is over two thousand miles from his home in Miami.

“It was my test score that really held me back from going to a big school,” McCaskill said. “I had a low GPA like a 2.2 so I needed a higher SAT score but that didn’t happen.”

McCaskill spent his freshman year of college at Palomar Community College in San Marcos, California, but he has switched schools and is now at Pasadena City College.

“I’m at Pasadena City College right and everything is going good after a season at Palomar College where we went 10-3,” McCaskill said. “When I found out I had to go to junior college, there was a coach out here in California, coach Greg Taylor. He took me in at Palomar and he’s a defensive backs coach so he taught me all kinds of new things. He lost his job at Palomar so he came over here to Pasadena and I came with him. I feel like he’s the right guy to get me to the next level.”

McCaskill said the biggest difference between high school in Miami and junior college in California is simply the time change.

“The time difference is really a big major thing,” McCaskill laughed. “Other than that, it (the weather) is pretty nice out here, even better than Miami. Being in a new environment and everything with that has been nice.”

McCaskill had 61 tackles and 2 interceptions as a freshman for Palomar and there isn’t a doubt in his mind that he’s a different player now than his high school days.

“My mind has developed, I’m more humble, and I knew what the receivers were going to do when we did 1 on 1 in practice yesterday," McCaskill said. "I’m at that point where what happened in that state game (Andre Debose’s catch over McCaskill), I don’t think that will ever happen again.”

McCaskill is hoping and expecting to be recruited by BCS schools again, but recruiting typically doesn’t start as for junior college prospects quite this early in the process.

“Of course, I definitely see myself being recruited by the big colleges again,” McCaskill said. “I think that should start for me pretty soon, like in the spring and the summer.”

Miami was always the team that McCaskill grew up following but it has been extra special for him to watch the Canes the last two years with so many of his former teammates stepping into key roles.

“Their program is just like how it always is,” McCaskill said. “The first game we played, I threw up the ‘U’ sign so everybody thought I was going to the ‘U.’ That’s just my dream school, I always loved them and I always will. It’s pretty fun to watch all those Northwestern boys on ESPN, knowing that I could have been with those same guys. I could have been playing and helping the program out but it makes me want to go harder so I can be where they’re at.”
 03-18-2010, 10:36 PM         #7252
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hahahahahahah

7 years ago '04        #7253
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 The Lefty said:
Hahahahahahah

damn... the browns fell off badlly.........
 7 years ago '05        #7254
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
By BARRY JACKSON

ESPN's documentary on the University of Miami football program was such a hit that the creators have begun working on a sequel.

Director Billy Corben said the new film, It's All About the U, will focus on Hurricanes football between 1992 and 2002. The first movie, called The U, primarily focused on the 1980s, through 1991.

Interviews with former Canes are being lined up for the first three weeks of April. ``Then we'll edit it the rest of the year'' while juggling nonsports projects, Corben said. He would love for the sequel to air on ESPN but hasn't discussed it with the network. Corben likely will have other options if ESPN passes.

The idea of doing a sequel ``started as a lark,'' Corben said. ``[Former UM cornerback] Mike Rumph twittered after the first movie, `What about the U-2?' A few weeks ago, we said, `Why don't we just do it?'''

Corben said the sequel ``will cover the Pell Grant scandal and the program's downfall and give Butch Davis his due for rebuilding the program. Butch did something extraordinary that deserves to be acknowledged.''

The film will spend considerable time on the 2001 team -- put together by Davis and coached by Larry Coker -- ``which is considered one of the best teams of all time,'' Corben said. ``It all comes down to what Alonzo Highsmith said at the end of the first movie about the program's success: If they had accomplished all of this at a major football university like Alabama, the school would have built monuments.

``This sequel will be the monument to the 2001 team even if the university is not as enthusiastic to memorialize their accomplishments.''

Corben also will reflect on the 2002 team that lost the Fiesta Bowl (and the national championship) to Ohio State after a highly questionable pass-interference call against UM.

``We have Larry Coker talking about that,'' Corben said. ``We didn't use any of Coker's interview in the first movie.''

Corben said UM declined to cooperate with the first film but ``I hope they will be more reasonable this time around.'' He said he wants to interview only two people currently employed by the university -- former athletic director Paul Dee (who teaches at UM) and strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey.

The U was ESPN's highest-rated documentary ever, with a 1.8 rating and 2.3 million viewers on its first airing. By comparison, other documentaries in ESPN's ``30 for 30'' series averaged below a 1.0 rating. ESPN said it will release a DVD of The U -- with about 30 minutes of deleted scenes -- on Amazon.com, but it isn't available yet.

ESPN's upcoming documentaries include one on Ricky Williams (April 27, 8 p.m.), Allen Iverson (April 13, 8 p.m.), Rotisserie baseball (April 20, 8 p.m.). An ABC documentary at 4 p.m. April 3 will be on Loyola Marymount under Paul Westhead.

Read more:
 7 years ago '07        #7255
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
:dancingcool::dancingcool::dancingcool:
 7 years ago '06        #7256
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
Former University of Miami Hurricanes football player Sam Shields arrested

Former University of Miami cornerback Sam Shields, who is a senior and used up his last season of football eligibility in 2009, was arrested Thursday night on a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana, less than 20 grams.

"He was arrested, booked into the Sarasota County Jail, went to his first court appearance -- a bond hearing -- in front of a judge at 1 p.m. Friday and is in the process of being released on his own recognizance," Tom Semmons, a booking technician with the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, said at about 5:15 p.m. Friday.

Shields, 22, is from Sarasota. Semmens said he did not know the specific details of the arrest because the information had not been put in the computer system as of early evening Friday. "The entry system for the computer system was down and he hadn't been arrested in Sarasota County before so we had no information on him," Semmens said.

A Florida Department of Law Enforcement criminal history search done by The Miami Herald reflected that Shields had no prior arrests in Florida.

Shields, who is not a member of the football team anymore, is set to be arraigned on April 6. Miami is on spring break this week.

The last UM player to be arrested was Robert Marve in October 2007. Marve was initially charged with two misdemeanors -- resisting arrest without violence and minor criminal mischief. Police said he broke the mirror of a car and briefly tried to evade police on foot. The charges were dropped in March.

Shields -- the father of 4-year-old and 1-year-old daughters -- began football at UM in 2006 as a receiver out of Sarasota Booker High, before he was converted to a cornerback last season. He started 10 of 12 games last season. He ranked sixth on the team with 41 tackles and had a crucial forced fumble and fumble recovery at Wake Forest.

He was suspended from the team at least twice at UM, at least once connected to academics.

It is believed that Shields has aspirations of playing in the NFL. The draft is April 22-24.

Legalize it already
 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM         #7257
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First off I knew those n*gga's from Kansas would be flops and Bryce is a moron for going to UT to begin with. Secondly the other U doc will be ill if the school doesn't act gay although I can understand not wanting to go through the Pell Grant Scandal, The Phone Card Scandal and of course the tragic murder of Marlin Barnes
 7 years ago '04        #7258
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
OL Jackson Firming Up Cane Commitment
Mar. 22, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Marcus Jackson.
Miami initially didn’t have too much competition to f!ght off to receive a commitment from Vero Beach offensive lineman Marcus Jackson since he only had offers from South Carolina and FIU.

Jackson (6-3, 300) has picked up five new offers in the past month or so including some big names but it seems like his commitment has actually become stronger.

“My newest offers came in from Louisville, Florida State, Florida, South Florida, and Tennessee,” Jackson said. “I’m still the same with my commitment to Miami. I’m one hundred percent committed, I mean nothing has really changed about that even though I’ve been getting new offers.”

Jackson did decide to take an unofficial visit to Florida for one of their junior days last month and he was very impressed by the facilities in Gainesville.

“I mean I had a great time going up to Florida and I think they had some of the best facilities I’ve ever seen at any college I’ve ever been to,” Jackson said. “I had a good time up there but I’ve been there a couple times before. I was there during the football season to go to a couple of their games. You can’t really say that Florida doesn’t have a great program because they got two national championships in three years. They have a great setup going on with how they do everything.”

Jackson explained that he has had more contact with Coach Barrow who had previously been recruiting him but also with Coach Stoutland which has been a more recent thing.

“Yea I talk to both of them a lot more now,” Jackson said. “I don’t know, I‘ve just been talking to them more, I can’t really tell you when that started. They don’t really try to sell the school to me, it’s just about how it’s going to be when I get down there. They always say they want me to get down there as soon as possible. We addressed other schools recruiting me but it was never that big of a deal.”

Jackson did attend one of Miami’s spring practices to get a closer look at how the team and the offensive line have been progressing.

“Yea I made it down there but I basically knew all the coaches already,” Jackson said. “Really I wanted to go just to see the team practice. I was watching the offensive line and I got to see how they block, normal stuff like that. I didn’t get to meet any of the players because I had to leave right when it was over.”

Jackson said that he was still on track to graduate early from high school and he does plan on being in Miami for the Canes’ spring game on Saturday.
 7 years ago '04        #7259
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Linebacker Play Will Key Defensive Resurgence
Mar. 21, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Sean Spence.
So often we talk about the offense. We talk about Jacory Harris. We talk about the talented receivers. We talk about Damien Berry and how exciting it will be to see him get more carries with his bullish style of running. We talk about the excitement that Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson will bring to the tea, So often we talk about the offense.

The talk is offense, offense, offense. But the reality, the offense will not win games for the ‘Canes. It’s all about getting back to the roots and that’s with big time ‘Canes defense.

And when the ‘Canes defenses were great, it started with great linebackers who were able to make plays all over the field. Speed, speed and more speed are what the ‘Canes were all about. And they simply made play after play after play.

Go down the list of former Miami greats including Ray Lewis, Micheal Barrow, Darrin Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Jessie Armstead, Dan Morgan and more, while they had very good defensive linemen in front of them, they were big time playmakers and made plays even when they seemed to be nowhere near the ball.

And they could do it all. They could cover running backs out of the backfield, cover tight ends down the seam and in the flat.

For the past few years, the fact that Miami linebackers couldn’t cover running backs and tight ends is what has proven to be a major problem. Sure, the defensive line has had difficulty, but stopping the run hasn’t been the major problem. Have the ‘Canes been great at stopping the run? No. But they haven’t been awful at it. Where they’ve struggled incredibly is covering the underneath routes and that’s the job of the linebackers.

This might be the year where they can finally turn that around, but the linebacker unit has to avoid injuries in order to have a chance to bring the greatness back to the unit, but the Fall will tell a lot more about the linebackers than the spring will.

Currently, Kylan Robinson is starting at middle linebacker, but it seems rather unlikely that he will be the starter when the Fall starts. He’s personally admitted that he needs to work on being physical. That’s certainly a problem when you are talking about your starting middle linebacker. If your start middle linebacker is not physical, you will get gutted right up the middle by the other teams running attack. The defensive tackles can swallow the middle, but if there is no middle linebacker to finish the play, that could make for giving up six or seven yards a chunk.

It seems more likely that Colin McCarthy will at some point be permanently moved to middle linebacker. More than likely, McCarthy remains on the outside because there is no one else available to really put in major reps with Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanan sitting on the sideline with injuries right now. But when those two are healthy, Futch will likely end up being the starter at strong side linebacker. Futch brings an athletic aggressive style of player that Miami has been missing, a guy who is very passionate and brings it on every play.

But the key to the linebacker unit is that Sean Spence returns to being Sean Spence. The imposter that was on the field during his sophomore year was the worst Sean Spence anyone from Miami-Dade County has ever seen, probably in large part due to playing on the strong side when he is clearly a weak side linebacker. a.ssuming McCarthy moves to the middle, Futch would play the strong side and Spence would go back to his natural position and you would see a major difference. Buchanan would be able to back up either outside linebacker.

Then you would have some young talent including Tyrone Cornelius who is getting plenty of reps this Spring as well as C.J. Holton and incoming freshman Kevin Nelson likely to get reps at middle linebacker behind McCarthy.

But the key to rebirth of the linebacker at UM is that the group has to stay healthy. They have to avoid the injuries that have plagued them as a unit the past couple of years. With health, the linebackers will be back, the linebackers will be the beginning of what makes this defense great again.
 7 years ago '04        #7260
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Monday Mailbag: 3/22
Mar. 22, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis, and Allen Bailey are three key members of a defensive line looking to make a big impact in 2010.
With the team currently participating in spring football, we will answer questions from the fans about the team such as who is doing well, how certain position groups are looking, and what lies for the future.

In this first edition of Monday Mailbag, we answer five questions regarding the team.

To submit questions for future Monday Mailbag editions, please submit your question to . Be sure to include your full name and location so we can publish.

Questions provided by Jose Torres, Jr.

1. Since the offensive line will be a key to the 2010 season, who has stood out during the spring? Which players appear to be the starters heading into the season?

Unfortunately, there are three key linemen—Orlando Franklin, Joel Figueroa, and Brandon Washington—which have missed substantial time throughout the spring including Figueroa, who is missing the entire spring as he recovers from shoulder surgery. Franklin will slide over from left guard to left tackle and should make a smooth transition as he showed signs of promise at tackle briefly during the 2009 season. Washington is the one to be very excited about, he’s aggressive, wants to be great, and should have a breakout season in 2010. Tyler Horn, a junior is looking to make the transition from playing sparingly to being a full-time starter as the team’s center. Harland Gunn started five games last season at right guard, but will likely be a key reserve with Figueroa and Washington as the two primary guards. The biggest battle of the spring is at right tackle with sophomore Ben Jones and redshirt freshman Jermaine Johnson, neither of which has taken full grasp of the battle. In the fall, don’t be surprised to see incoming freshman Brandon Linder, who can play any spot on the line, get productive playing time at some point during the season especially if there is a drop-off.

2. After the first two scrimmages, which of the backup quarterbacks has looked the best

Barring any major developments in the final week of the spring and during fall practices, look for sophomore A.J. Highsmith to hold onto the backup job behind Harris, which he did last year. Highsmith has not had a great spring and has even struggled at times throwing too many interceptions, but he has experience on his side. Spencer Whipple has done a good job throughout the spring at delivering the ball to his receivers, but his lack of arm strength is a concern. Freshman Stephen Morris has showed signs of promise at times and has the highest upside of the three, but if the team doesn’t need to use him in 2010, he would benefit from running the scout team and redshirting. Regardless of who is the number two quarterback in 2010, it will be a big drop-off from Jacory Harris.

3. The defensive line was a disappointment last season. With Rick Petri as the new defensive line coach, which linemen will have a breakout season?

That is correct, the defensive line play was somewhat of a disappointment, but it certainly didn’t help that two projected starters—DE Adewale Ojomo and DT Marcus Forston--were out for the season with injuries. Also, Marcus Robinson played hurt throughout the season, which affected his production. With that being said, all three of the aforementioned players need to play at a high level to ease the pressure on the linebackers and defensive backs, in addition to alleviate the attention Allen Bailey, will be receiving after posting seven sacks last season. In regards to who will have a breakout season, look for Ojomo to be flying off the ball at right defensive end all season. He has a new-found hunger for the game after missing the ’09 season and has a lot of pass-rushing ability. DTs Micanor Regis and Curtis Porter have been praised throughout the spring by head coach Randy Shannon, which is a good sign that they are coming around.

4. What is our defensive backfield going to look like this season?

It’s time for this unit to become dominant, create turnovers, and be consistent. Junior Brandon Harris earned all-American recognition last year for his play, but needs to cut down on his passes allowed and turn some of his 15 pass breakups into more interceptions. Senior Demarcus Van Dyke has plenty of experience having played in 37 games, but only has one interception and five pass breakups to his credit—both numbers could be improved in his final year as he’s showed a lot of promise intercepting passes during the spring. And at safety, Hurricane fans showed be encouraged by the potential that sophomores Vaughn Telemaque and Ray Ray Armstrong bring to the table. Telemaque, like Van Dyke, is showing a lot of promise against the pass this spring. In addition, Armstrong is proving to be a solid tackler and is making conscious efforts to keep his weight down to make sure he can remain an effective safety. Jared Campbell, Ryan Hill, and Brandon McGee will be key contributors to the secondary also.

5. With another very tough schedule this upcoming year, what must the Hurricanes do early in the season to get back to the top echelon of college football?

Miami does have a touch schedule with three consecutive road games—Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and Clemson—after a tune-up against Florida A&M in the opener. The key will be the Ohio State game, which will be heavily publicized especially considering it will the first meeting since the controversial 2002 championship game. Both teams will likely be ranked coming into the game and the Hurricanes have a huge opportunity to make a big statement to the nation. The key will be to attack and set the tone and have the offensive playmakers make big plays. A win over OSU will give the team confidence traveling to Pittsburgh and Clemson, both very solid teams, which will be tough environments. One thing UM has going for them is that they handled the tough start admirably last season going 3-1 against four ranked teams.
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy