Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7221
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Plein Enjoying the Offensive Line
Mar. 11, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Stephen Plein
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Redshirt freshman Stephen Plein is adjusting well to his position on the offensive line.

Plein, who arrived at UM last summer as a tight end, was moved to offensive tackle during the first week of fall camp and has gotten more and more comfortable with his new position ever since.

“I enjoy playing offensive line a lot more than tight end because you can be a lot more physical and it is more my mindset,” Plein said. “You just have to get used to that physical wear and tear that you deal with at the position and that is just part of the game for me now and I enjoy it.”

With Orlando Franklin being held out the last week due to a minor injury, Plein is receiving more reps this spring than he normally would. Plein is working at both right and left tackle.

“I have been getting a lot of reps because he is out and that has been good for me,” Plein said.

When watching film this spring of himself, Plein says he can already see the improvements he has made since last fall.

“I feel like I am not doing better, but when I go back and watch film I realize that I couldn’t do the things I am doing now last fall,” Plein said. “I remember being on scout team last fall and I thought I was doing pretty good, but now I can actually block Allen Bailey and Adewale Ojomo. I know the offense a lot more and I am being more physical and finishing blocks. Now I am doing a lot better.”

One area Plein has also made big strides is with adding bulk and size to his body. Plein says his weight is up to 280 pounds at this point and he would like to get up to 300 pounds before next season.

“After the season it was tough I got here at about 255 pounds and got to 265 pounds when the season started and then I couldn’t gain any weight during the season because I would workout and sweat so much during practice that I couldn’t hold weight,” Plein said. “I then went home for Christmas break and I was able to put on some muscle and bulk then.”

“With putting on the weight it is almost like binge eating. You eat until you are full and then you eat some more. I have never really had to do that before. I am just eating more of everything and trying to eat pretty healthy.”

When the topic of toughest defensive lineman to block comes up, Plein named veteran defensive end Adewale Ojomo.

“I would say Ojomo is the toughest this spring,” Plein said. “He is really fast and now he has put on a lot of weight and he can bull-rush you and drive you back. You just have to try and hold your ground and dig in because if you don’t he will take you for a ride.”

Plein is excited to participate in the open scrimmage tonight and he is looking forward to treating the practice just like a game.

“Coach Whipple said we are getting in for 2:15 meetings and we are going to be treating everything like it is a game day,” Plein said. “We are going to have a pre-game meal and we are going to take the scrimmage serious and focus on our jobs.”
 7 years ago '04        #7222
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
About Us • Contact

Streeter's Comfort Level Continues to Rise
Mar. 11, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Tommy Streeter.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- When wide receiver Tommy Streeter got an opportunity last year, he took advantage of it, such as when he caught the 50-yard pass in the Champs Sports Bowl against Wisconsin last December.

Streeter showed the blazing speed he has when he flew by a corner that was playing off of him, turned him around and was five yards past him when he caught the ball. It even surprised himself. It taught him one thing.

Trust himself and his speed.

“I always had confidence in myself. I was always just waiting on the opportunity. A lot of times, it’s hard to explain. I didn’t know I was that fast. A lot of times I rewind the play and see myself running by the DB. It basically let me know to trust my speed and I can go get the ball and just trust my speed,” Streeter said,

Streeter’s speed is one thing people don’t really notice because the 6-foot-5 receiver has such a long stride it just looks like he’s gliding across the field. Sometimes, it may look effortless simply because of the ease in which he does it, but it doesn’t mean Streeter is working hard to gain more opportunities.

This Spring will go a long way to determining Streeter’s fate in 2010, starting with tonight’s scrimmage which is open to the public at Lockhart Stadium.

“I think I’ve been doing good so far, but there’s always room for improvement, just trying to stay consistent. Staying on the right guy when I am blocking, things like that,” Streeter said.

After two years on campus, he naturally feels more comfortable and he can see it when he evaluates himself on film, but he wants to make an impact, not just when he’s catching the ball, but when he’s not catching it as well.

“It’s just like, when you watch the film you can tell that I’m comfortable out there. I am feeling what I am doing, staying on my guy when it comes time to blocking trying to make a play without the ball,” Streeter said.

Of course he is looking forward to tonight’s scrimmage, but for so many reasons beyond just himself. He’s feels this is the time the ‘Canes can give back to their supporters as they are able to interact with the fans prior to the scrimmage, but then also give them a show to excite them for the upcoming season.

But it’s also a time to simply work on fundamentals and getting the simple things down in game situations.

“We’ve been working hard so I feel like (tonight) is a day to have fun to show the fans how we’ve been working and show them how much we care about their support and give them a show, work on the fundamental things. A lot of times in these scrimmages it’s basic plays. So stick to the fundamentals and execute on all cylinders, practicing day in and day out, hopefully we execute in a game like situation (tonight),” Streeter said.

And dropping a ball is not an option for Streeter after last Saturday’s scrimmage which saw numerous receivers drop passes according to reports.
“Yeah, I always like a crowd. I feel like in-game situations are vital like practicing with a crowd. I feel like I can’t drop a ball with a crowd. I feel like I am not just playing for myself, but playing for my team, the people in the stands, my family, things much more greater than me out there,” Streeter said.

Not to mention a chance to get many more opportunities in 2010.
 7 years ago '04        #7223
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
DB Nelms Back From Track, Adds Depth
Mar. 11, 2010

By: David Lake

Cory Nelms
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Senior cornerback and former walk-on Cory Nelms is back from running track and his presence will add much needed depth to the UM secondary.

Nelms, a track athlete who earned a football scholarship last season with his play on special teams, is one of four scholarship cornerbacks on the UM roster along with DeMarcus Van Dyke, Brandon Harris, and Brandon McGee.

“It feels great,” Nelms said. “I have been waiting to get back out here and get back to having a feel for the game.”

After earning a spot on the special teams coverage units last season, now Nelms is working to earn a spot on the two-deep depth chart on defense.

“As far as I know we all have an equal shot at playing,” Nelms said. “We just have to work hard for the spot. My expectations are to get better and try to help my team. If that means I move up on the depth chart, then so be it. I just have to try and get better so I can contribute to my team and get a National Championship.”

“I came in trying to play defensive back and I have to work my way up. I started off playing special teams and now I have my shot, so I am going to try and take advantage of it.”

According to Miami coach Randy Shannon, Nelms has a legitimate chance to earn a spot in the cornerback rotation next season.

"He has a chance," Shannon said. "It is always the guys on special teams that become your good players. I think that is a big correlation. If you see a guy on special teams do well, they will be able to help your football team."

Last season Nelms was playing cornerback on scout team and he says the experience he gained on scout team and on special teams has given him more confidence this year.

“I am a little bit better mentally,” Nelms said. “It is a year later and you grow and become more of a man and your body grows. I guess I grew a little bit in every way, but I have a lot more growing to do.”

The goal for the defense this spring has been to force more turnovers and Nelms says he has noticed an intensity to the practices as the defense tries to force turnovers.

“It is real intense,” Nelms said. “Everybody is looking for an interception, a strip, or a turnover. We are all working to get the ball away from the offense.

Nelms failed to qualify for the 60 meter hurdles for the NCAA Indoor Meet. He ran a time of 7.85 and finished fifth in the ACC, but to qualify for the NCAA meet he needed a time of 7.83.

“It keeps my speed up,” Nelms said of track. “It kind of correlates because we are out here flying around and as long as you keep your speed at a high level it is good for both sports.”

In 2009, Nelms made seven tackles while playing on special teams.
 7 years ago '05        #7224
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
props for the articles
 7 years ago '05        #7225
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
heard lamar and storm were k!llin it at the scrimmage...
 03-12-2010, 01:15 AM         #7226
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone know what our depth chart is lookin like? Kylan Robinson better not be competing for a starting spot at linebacker. Thats bad news if thats true
 7 years ago '05        #7227
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
anyone know what our depth chart is lookin like? Kylan Robinson better not be competing for a starting spot at linebacker. Thats bad news if thats true
nah depth chart hasnt been released....only speculation right now...but i heard about cmac moving over to the middle

in other personal news...something i learned while out drinking at the grove...apparently me and thearon collier are f!ghting over the same chick :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #7228
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
 Deeangoe said:
nah depth chart hasnt been released....only speculation right now...but i heard about cmac moving over to the middle

in other personal news...something i learned while out drinking at the grove...apparently me and thearon collier are f!ghting over the same chick :dancingcool:
im just gonna say this...please dont make that n*gga get suspended. we need him. lol.

take one for the team, there are plenty of chicks down there lol
 7 years ago '06        #7229
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12161 12161
Here are some notes and observations from Perkins, a former UM beat writer:

–Running back Lamar Miller scored on a 44-yard touchdown, showing his breakaway speed. He finished with 63 yards in seven carries and two TDs.

–Junior defensive end Andrew Smith recorded three sacks.

–Sophomore safety Vaughn Telemaque had two interceptions.

–The defensive highlight may have been when Storm Johnson broke off a 52-yard run only to be caught by DeMarcus Van Dyke, preventing the touchdown. Johnson led all rushers with 104 yards and one touchdown on 10 carries.

–Once again, the WRs dropped a lot of passes. Senior Leonard Hankerson had the most disappointing night, according to coach Randy Shannon. Aldarius Johnson also had a drop.

–Sophomore kicker Jack Wieclaw hit field goals of 33 and 27 yards. He missed an extra point because of a bad hold.

–Walk-on Nathan Gholston had an interception on a pass tipped by linebacker Sean Spence.

–Running back Mike James had just 18 yards on 12 carries and one touchdown.

–Quarterback A.J. Highsmith led two scoring drives. He capped one with a 13-yard run and the other with an 8-yard pass to Travis Benjamin. Highsmith was 7 of 11 for 94 yards but threw three interceptions. Spencer Whipple completed 7 of 9 passes for 75 yards. Freshman Stephen Morris went 0 for 3 in limited action.

–Here’s a list of those didn’t participate because of injury: running back Damien Berry (hamstring), guard Brandon Washington (knee), tackle Orlando Franklin (back), Brandon Harris (hamstring) and Joel Figueroa (shoulder).

–First string offense: LT Cory White, LG Jared Wheeler, C Tyler Horn, RG Harland Gunn, RT Jermaine Johnson, TE Richard Gordon, WR LaRon Byrd, WR Leonard Hankerson, FB Pat Hill, RB Mike James, QB A.J. Highsmith.

–First string defense: LE Andrew Smith, LT Allen Bailey, RT Curtis Porter, RE Micanor Regis, LB Colin McCarthy, MLB Kylan Robinson (Shayon Green had limited time) and LB Sean Spence. CB DeMarcus Van Dyke and CB Brandon McGee and FS Jamal Reid and SS Vaughan Telemaque. DE Adewale Ojomo played with the first team.

theres a storm a brewin
 7 years ago '04        #7230
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Once again, the WRs dropped a lot of passes. Senior Leonard Hankerson had the most disappointing night, according to coach Randy Shannon.
Get this n*gga back with Mark Duper ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 7 years ago '07        #7231
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
i seen the beast in storm in the high school all american game

damn this season cant start fast enough
 7 years ago '05        #7232
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
im just gonna say this...please dont make that n*gga get suspended. we need him. lol.

take one for the team, there are plenty of chicks down there lol

lol nah dude its not that serious, its funny cuz the chick i was hollering at yesterday....who i knew from way back, she just happend to be single now....she was talking bout if i knew thearon collier and im like yeah of course...she was telling me how he was blowing up her spot callin every 5 mins and s**t if he could sleep over her crib that night ... atleast i know me and him have something in common :dancingcool:...thick white snowbunnies :agreement6:
 7 years ago '06        #7233
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
pics and shannons take on here

03-12-2010, 11:44 PM         #7234
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
Get this n*gga back with Mark Duper ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hankerson has been such a disappointment him and Sam Shield I talked about forever by my boys only for them to flop... For all the great players we had we had such a good string of wideouts and its all but died.
 7 years ago '04        #7235
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Hurricane Ra said:

Hankerson has been such a disappointment him and Sam Shield I talked about forever by my boys only for them to flop... For all the great players we had we had such a good string of wideouts and its all but died.
Hank's just having a rough spring..I think he proved last year he can more than play good football.
 7 years ago '04        #7236
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
lamar and storm gonna wreck defenses this year

and dont worry about hank...he already knows if the drops continue streeter's ready to take his p/t:applause:
 7 years ago '05        #7237
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,673 | Props total: 3793 3793
look at this f**got. think he spiderman

[pic - click to view]

03-14-2010, 12:00 AM         #7238
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
Hank's just having a rough spring..I think he proved last year he can more than play good football.

I just hate to hear about drops esp since it seems lately timely drops have cost us so much more then other teams . Hopefully Hank can keep it up and turn into the future NFL star he should be. And I hope Streeter and AJ continue to grow as well.
 7 years ago '06        #7239
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
ya man hank got the size speed and strenghth to be a beast

its just does damn dropped passes.... last year wasnt as bad as his sophmore year but he still had some big drops....

not that it matters but mel kiper has him the 3rd best wideout next year

Streeter def needs playing time man.... every chance he got last year he made real good use of it... give him more snaps
 7 years ago '04        #7240
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Hurricane Ra said:

I just hate to hear about drops esp since it seems lately timely drops have cost us so much more then other teams . Hopefully Hank can keep it up and turn into the future NFL star he should be. And I hope Streeter and AJ continue to grow as well.
well good news here is that he's going back to work with him so, he hopefully we will at least see the same Hank from last year.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago