70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7181
booie4 
space
space
$4,880 | Props total: 609 609
I wouldn't mind seeing Thompkins get some snaps as a returner
 7 years ago '04        #7182
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
University of Miami's Sean Spence is determined to improve his play

Buy PhotoUniversity of Miami linebacker Sean Spence reacts after sacking UCF quarterback Brett Hodges (11) in the second half on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2009 at Bright House Networks Stadium in Orlando. AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
Photo Miami Herald Staff, Wire Reports
If he wanted to, Sean Spence could blame his drop in production last season on other people and other factors.

He could blame the offensive lineman from Clemson who cut block him and caused him to miss three games and slowed him down the rest of the season. Or he could point to a position switch -- from the weak side to the strong side -- as the reason why he didn't come close to matching the 65 tackles he made as a freshman when he was the ACC's Defensive Rookie of the Year.

But the 6-foot, 217-pound junior-to-be isn't doing any finger pointing for his unspectacular sophomore season -- except at himself. ``I have to go out there, make plays and help my team win. I didn't do that,'' Spence said.

``I can't say it was a lack of maturity. I can't say it was my knee. All I can say was it was a lack of production. Last season just made me hungrier to want it even more this year.''

Spence, who finished his sophomore season seventh on the team with 36 tackles -- including 6 for loss and three sacks, already is impressing his teammates this spring with his bounce-back attitude. Cornerback Brandon Harris said Spence, a childhood friend, looks ``fast and physical.''

``He's going in there, head on head with the offensive lineman, shedding blocks, making plays,'' Harris said. ``I think it affected us tremendously [when he went out]. His presence on the field, it gives everybody a comfort level and a high and allows us to play faster and smoother.''

Spence isn't feeling any effects of the injury anymore. He said he has gained five pounds since the end of the season.

• UM coach Randy Shannon said he doesn't know if left tackle Orlando Franklin (reportedly back spasms) or safety Jared Campbell, who was seen on crutches with a large brace on his right knee before practice, will be back this spring.

• UM will scrimmage for the first time this spring Saturday morning.
 7 years ago '04        #7183
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
About Us • Contact

Spring Scrimmage Report #1
Mar. 6, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Colin McCarthy.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes held their first scrimmage of the spring Saturday morning.

It was the eighth practice of the spring.

Miami will hold 15 practices this spring including the annual spring game on March 27.

Read here for the latest news and notes coming out of practice including who had a good day today for the Hurricanes.

Click here to view photos.

NOTABLES IN ATTENDANCE

Former Hurricane greats Ed Reed, Ken Dorsey, and Jon Beason. ... 2010 Cleveland Glenville recruit Latwan Anderson. ... 2010 signees Eduardo Clements, Keion Payne, and Clive Walford. ... 2011 verbal commitment Marcus Jackson. ... Over 150 high school coaches were in attendance for the two-day coaches' clinic.

NEWS & NOTES

• The scrimmage consisted of about 100 plays.

• QB A.J. Highsmith completed 9-of-18 passes for 95 yards and three touchdowns (5, 17, 14).

• Freshman QB Stephen Morris showed good poised in the pocket and did a good job of completing his passes. Morris was 6-for-11 for 63 yards. Although Highsmith's stats were better, most observers said Morris looked better.

• QB Spencer Whipple struggled completed just 2-of-10 passes for 60 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT.

• Freshman RB Lamar Miller led the running backs with nine carries for 32 yards and two touchdowns (9, 3).

• RBs Damien Berry had 48 yards and eight carries; Mike James had 46 yards on six carries; and Storm Johnson had 34 yards on six carries.

• The wide receivers had a lot of drops including top receiver Leonard Hankerson. After practice, the receivers ran extra and did not speak to the media. "We had a lot of drop passes by the receiver, guys we depend on had too many drops," Shannon said. The wide receiver stats were as follows: Travis Benjamin 4 catches, 49 yards, 1 TD; Thearon Collier 3 catches, 19 yards, 1 TD (14 yds); Leonard Hankerson 2 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD (5 yds); Kendal Thompkins two catches for 32 yards; and LaRon Byrd had two catches for 30 yards including a 17-yard touchdown.

• DE Steven Wesley recorded two sacks while Allen Bailey and Adewale Ojomo each had one.

• OL Tyler Horn received the majority of the reps at center, but freshman Shane McDermott received plenty of reps also.

• S Ray Ray Armstrong received nearly all of the reps at safety and is quickly becoming one of the team's top defensive players. He had an interception.

• S Vaughn Telemaque had five tackles and received reps at cornerback as the position is extremely thin with Brandon Harris (hand) and Brandon McGee (root canal) out with minor injuries. DeMarcus Van Dyke got banged up a bit in the scrimmage, but did return to play. Walk-on Nathan Gholston saw some action.

• LB Colin McCarthy led the defense with five tackles and had a fumble recovery.

• K Jake Wieclaw made all three of his field goal attempts from 32, 25, and 22 yards.

• The team will resume practice on Tuesday afternoon.
 7 years ago '04        #7184
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Wesley Picks Up Two Sacks in Scrimmage
Mar. 7, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Steven Wesley.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- A healthy defensive line – that’s something the ‘Canes haven’t had as long as senior-to-be Steven Wesley has been in Coral Gables.

It’s something he certainly appreciates now in his final Spring at the University of Miami. Saturday morning at Greentree Field, he and his defensive line mates had a nice performance coming up with four sacks.

Wesley had two of them and Allen Bailey and Adewale Ojomo joined him with one each. However, the difference right now is the health of the unit and the fact that with no one injured right now, it allows a true rotation across the defensive line.

“The rotation is going real good. It’s always good to have a lot of depth on the defensive line. Ever since I been here, we always had defensive linemen get hurt. We didn’t have depth. By the end of the season we had like seven or eight guys that were fully healthy, but it’s a real good feeling having all our guys fully healthy now and staying fresh,” Wesley said.

Wesley felt he performed well as did the rest of the defensive line in Saturday’s scrimmage.

“I think I did pretty good. The d-line as a whole did pretty good. Second half we kind of fell off a little bit, but overall I think we did real good as d-linemen,” Wesley said. “Today, I had two sacks. Bailey had one and Ojomo had one.”

In his final Spring practice session of his college career, Wesley does realize how fast it went by and uses that knowledge to help the younger guys because he doesn’t want them to repeat his mistakes.

“This Spring has been the best Spring since I’ve been here, probably because it’s my senior year. It’s my last time coming around, so I really just come in trying to work with the young guys, Olivier (Vernon) and Dyron Dye and show them the way and try to dive in the right way and not make the same mistakes I made,” Wesley said. “It went by real fast. That’s what I be explaining to Dyron and Olivier. When you are a freshman you start doing the right things at that point cause by the time your junior and senior year comes around it will be too late and it goes by real fast. As soon as you know it, you’ll be graduating.”

Along with two sacks, Wesley said he put running back Damien Berry on his back too with a big hit.

“I put (Damien) Berry on his back. That’s why he was walking by talking, because I thumped him,” Wesley said.

The guys that Wesley and his mates are chasing down in the pocket are also doing well according to Wesley, but Wesley said the most impressive of the three backup quarterbacks has been freshman Stephen Morris.

“They are looking good, especially Stephen Morris being a freshman coming in. He’s going real good, being poised in the pocket, getting the ball down field. From my opinion, he’s looking good, not like a freshman,” Wesley said.

But while Wesley isn’t allowed to hit his quarterbacks, he does let them know when he’s there.

“After the play, I always tell them I could have knocked you out right,” Wesley said laughing.
 7 years ago '04        #7185
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Clements Reviews UM Spring Practice
Mar. 7, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Eduardo Clements.
Booker T. running back and Cane signee Eduardo Clements is already a familiar face around Greentree practice field although he hasn’t even practiced once with the team yet.

Clements (5-11, 182) wasn’t able to enroll early at Miami as he had planned but since he has already graduated from high school, he has been in attendance for each and every one of Miami’s seven spring practices as well as yesterday’s scrimmage.

“It was important for me to be there every time because the coaches always told me to come by and get in the playbook,” Clements said. “For me to best know the playbook, I’d rather see it in person so that’s why I’m out there every day. I can get it from studying or watching but I’m a visual learner so being around the players was the best.”

Clements first gave his thoughts on one major improvement he has seen in how the team approaches everything.

“I think one word I can say is motivated, the whole team is motivated to do better this year,” Clements said. “A lot of guys are coming off injuries like Marcus (Forston), (Dyron) Dye, and those are some of the guys that motivate the defense. The defense is playing good and then you have Jacory (Harris) who motivates the young guys on offense. Then D(amien) Berry leads the running backs and sets the tone for them every day in practice.”

Since Clements naturally pays the closest attention to the running backs, he has noticed that each one brings something a little different to the equation.

“Everybody has a different style at our position,” Clements said. “(Damien) Berry runs the ball so hard that sometimes he doesn’t even look at the hole, he just runs. (Lamar) Miller has the vision and speed and Mike is smart enough to play fullback or the H-back. Then you have Storm (Johnson) who just got there but he’s getting his feet wet. He’s learning different things and he’s getting the whole playbook. For the last week, at least to me, he has got more confidence and he’s running the way he’s supposed to be.”

Clements isn’t too worried about the competition he’ll have to face for playing time but he does feel he can bring something that none of the other backs do as well as he does.

“As far as catching the ball out of the backfield, I feel I can do that better than some of the guys that are already there,” Clements said. “As far as running in between the tackles, all of us do different things. To me, competition is the last thing I’m worried about because if you’re starting over me, I’ll feel like I pushed you enough to make you better.”

Former Cane greats such as Ed Reed, Ken Dorsey, Frank Gore, and Jon Beason have also been at spring practices. Clements sees that as an indication of how the entire university is a family and not just the football program.

“It just shows you how much of a family we are and people think it’s just the football team,” Clements said. “We hang around everybody. Like just yesterday, all of us went to watch the tennis team. Last night, we all went to the baseball game and today we went to the basketball game. It’s not just a football thing, the whole university is a family and we support each other. I’m glad that I made that decision to go there and I’m glad the team is so close because we’re all like brothers. Everybody teaches each other everything that they know, nobody holds anything back because they’re a starter.”

Clements has also done his part to tell some 2011 prospects about Miami while they watched practices, and he has his eye on a duo from Miami Northwestern.

“Teddy Bridgewater and Eli Rogers are my two, like we need them two and we need Teddy at the quarterback position,” Clements said. “I mean the way them two have been speaking, I think we’re going to get them but you never know. When you get recruited, one day you like this team and another day you like that team because of what a coach tells you. I don’t know anything for sure but we’re on them hard so I think at the end of the day, they’re coming here.”
 7 years ago '06        #7186
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
^

Anderson Eyes Spot On UM Track Team

Cleveland (OH) Glenville Academic Campus DB and track star Latwan Anderson arrived on his UM official visit this weekend hoping to get a scholarship offer for track.

And, according to his father Louis Stephens, he left Miami this morning still waiting to get an offer.

"We're still waiting, but I'm pretty sure he will get the offer," Stephens said.

Stephens says he and his son spent most of their time on campus meeting with academic advisors and track coach Amy Deem. Football coaches were busy with spring practice and weren't available to meet with them, he said.

And there's a reason for that - football coaches can't actively recruit him, and his scholarship wouldn't convert over to football unless he played in a game.

"Coach Deem, we were talking about a little of everything," Stephens said. "We didn't talk to football players, just the track athletes and we watched some of (football) practice."

Asked if he and Anderson got a feel of the football program on the visit, Stephens said, "Oh yes. Just by watching the practices."

Stephens added that "I was thoroughly impressed with the commitment to academics. I really didn't picture Miami as that type of school."

Of the overall visit he said, "It went real well. Within the next couple of days we will decide. We'll announce it, probably at a press conference."

Stephens was born in Ft. Lauderdale (he only lived in Florida for two years) and calls the Canes his second favorite team behind Ohio State.

"That goes all the way back to the Bernie Kosar team," Stephens said. "He's from Youngstown and he went to school at Miami."

Asked how hard it will be for Latwan to choose between Miami and West Virginia, where Stephens says he's "technically still committed," Stephens said, "That shouldn't be too difficult. He's been going through this thing for a long time. He knows what he's looking for; I know what I'm looking for. We should have everything in place the next couple of days."

Asked if Miami has a decent shot to land Anderson, Stephens said, "Definitely. If they didn't we wouldn't have come down here. The visit went as well as we could have expected."

get it done randy
 7 years ago '06        #7187
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #7188
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
What position you think hell end up playin?
 7 years ago '04        #7189
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
megan fox knows wat the deal is

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #7190
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
ohhh my thats the s3xiest thing ive ever seen in my life

whats the backround on that? she a cane fan.. is that dime peize from south florida

Last edited by DEDOS; 03-08-2010 at 05:22 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7191
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
megan fox knows wat the deal is

[pic - click to view]

SHE f**kING WON MY n*gga!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it, done deal, the finest b**ch in the world gets reputation points :dancingcool::dancingcool::dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #7192
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
MLB Robinson Knows It's His Last Chance
Mar. 8, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Kylan Robinson.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- If there was a forgotten man on the University of Miami football team, it’s middle linebacker Kylan Robinson.

People are so quick to forget that Robinson was a premier prospect when he graduated from Tampa Chamberlain even rushing for over 400 yards in a game as a senior as a running back. He was a big time player coming out of high school with plenty of hype. So where did he go?

While he came to Miami as a running back, he had to make the switch to linebacker to get a real chance to play. Why he never got a real chance at running back is anyone’s guess, but that opportunity never presented itself as he was way down on the depth chart behind guys like Javarris James, Graig Cooper, Lee Chambers and Shawnbrey McNeal when he arrived.

But he made the switch to linebacker and started to get some opportunities at outside linebacker and he’s practiced the art of patience.

“Throughout my high school career it was about being patient and just waiting my turn and it was disappointing when I came here, I really wanted to play, but I just had to learn what I get, I got to take it as it is and just keep working,” Robinson said.

Though he warmed the bench for a redshirt year and two years of dressing out, he’s been a Hurricane to the core since childhood and leaving Miami was never an option.

“Never a thought crossed my mind. I always wanted to come here since I was a little kid,” Robinson said.

He is taking advantage of his opportunity though now and is making the most of it as he is currently lining up as the team’s first team middle linebacker. He was the first team middle linebacker in Saturday’s scrimmage and will probably remain in that position throughout the Spring.

If he impresses, there’s the possibility the middle linebacker job could be his even when Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanan return from injuries that have kept them both out this Spring. The key to this Spring though is improvement for Robinson and becoming comfortable at middle linebacker, but if he wants to be the guy in the middle he has to develop a bit of a craziness and enjoy smashing into offensive linemen. That’s what makes the great ones great.

“I think I’ve improved a lot on my drops and run game hits. I just have to get better at my physical and coming downhill taking on blockers,” Robinson said.

That’s clearly huge for any middle linebacker and if he doesn’t get better at it, his time will be short lived. But if does, it would be huge for the ‘Canes as it would allow the development of younger players like Shayon Green and the incoming freshmen in the Class of 2010, rather than possibly forcing them into immediate playing time.

He knows this is it for him though. He’s going into his senior season and there’s no turning back. The time is now for Robinson to make his name matter is Hurricanes’ history.

“This is my last opportunity to make something good of myself so I am just really pushing hard and working as hard as I can,” Robinson said.
 7 years ago '04        #7193
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
K Hopfinger Adds to 2010 Class
Mar. 8, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Ben Hopfinger.
St. Thomas Aquinas senior kicker Ben Hopfinger has decided he will be attending the University of Miami.

Hopfinger will come to UM as a preferred walk-on.

"I'm going to Miami," Hopfinger said. "I just thought UM was the best possible place for me for both athletics and academics," Hopfinger said.

Hopfinger, who competed for Team USA in an all-star game in January, also received a 40 percent scholarship offer from Illinois State.

"It didn't have enough pull to get me away from Miami," said Hopfinger, who grew up a UM fan.

The coaches at Miami have informed Hopfinger that he will get an opportunity to be the team's kickoff specialist in 2010, something he excelled with at St. Thomas Aquinas.

"I feel I have a chance to win the kickoff job next season as a freshman," Hopfinger said.

He has also been told that there is a possibility he will receive a scholarship in 2011.

UM kicker Matt Bosher, who is eighth on UM's all-time list with 32 field goals, is entering his senior season, which would open the door for Hopfinger to compete for the opening after his departure.

"I feel that I can really compete for both the kickoff and field goal jobs my sophomore year, but it is just about working hard and getting better," Hopfinger said.

While at Aquinas, Hopfinger served as the team's back-up kicker behind Tennessee signee Michael Palardy.

He converted his only field goal attempt and made 20-of-21 extra points this past season. He also shared kickoff duties as 40 of his 47 kickoffs went for touchbacks.

Hopfinger becomes the fourth senior from St. Thomas Aquinas that will be a Hurricane as offensive linemen Brandon Liner and Jermaine Barton along with cornerback Keion Payne signed letters of intents with UM in February.
 7 years ago '04        #7194
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 P. Dedos said:
ohhh my thats the s3xiest thing ive ever seen in my life

whats the backround on that? she a cane fan.. is that dime peize from south florida
she was at my crib last night n i told her to do it

naw... i dont know the story behind it
 7 years ago '06        #7195
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
kylan robinson
 7 years ago '04        #7196
booie4 
space
space
$4,880 | Props total: 609 609
^ yeah i read that and just shook my head, they're is no way in hell he starts this season.

at least i hope not
 03-08-2010, 08:21 PM         #7197
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Got damn @ James f**king around with the GOAT picture!!!!
 7 years ago '04        #7198
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1402 1402
i know her stepbrother post on Grassy. Ive had a few hilarious convo's with him about his famous sister lol.
 7 years ago '05        #7199
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
from latwans fb

"Ppl are amazing I haven't even picked a school yet and wvu fans are already tellin me I wont make it well a year from today when ppl ask why I didn't go to wvu or tosu.just know its because.IT'S ALL ABOUT THAT U pus*yS.I still love the wvu fans that respect me though but Miami will treat me just as well as the WV would but i fit in more and have a better chance of making it at uofm thank you to all my real fans.GA#6"
 7 years ago '04        #7200
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1402 1402
kids a beast

[video - click to view]

not that it really means anything but we'll probably move up a few spots in the final rankings.
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago