Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
175 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
371 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #7101
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,496 | Props total: 1129 1129
Meltdown Mode why
 7 years ago '07        #7102
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Havent posted bout the 'canes since last saturday. s**t took alot outta me, losing like that

I really thought we couldve still taken that game, but you can't win by throwing 3 picks on your own 50 all in the first half

Heres to a 1 loss season and a ACC title, I dont expect anything less or its a failure of a season IMO
 7 years ago '08        #7103
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$407 | Props total: 11 11
yea man that loss was devastating. They really didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. When OSU is starting in scoring position all we can do is prop our D for holding them to a field goal. Pryor was able to scramble too much and we didn't wrap up on our tackles.

But its cool fellas, like ^^^^ said, 1 loss season and a ACC title
 7 years ago '07        #7104
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Same thing I said. What is there to meltdown about? We were f**king ourselves and still put up a good f!ght. We do need to address tackling because I cringe everytime someone besides spence, harris, and mccarthy goes for the tackle. To much damn shoulder tackling and no wrapping up.

Offense was alright just kept k!llin ourselves.....miller didnt get enough carries and we would run to the redzone and pass when we get there. I woulda also liked a couple more vertical passes because we stayed getting behind the safety and corner.

Defense will be improved once dvd is shown the bench to....

Special teams>>>
 7 years ago '05        #7105
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Same thing I said. What is there to meltdown about? We were f**king ourselves and still put up a good f!ght. We do need to address tackling because I cringe everytime someone besides spence, harris, and mccarthy goes for the tackle. To much damn shoulder tackling and no wrapping up.

Offense was alright just kept k!llin ourselves.....miller didnt get enough carries and we would run to the redzone and pass when we get there. I woulda also liked a couple more vertical passes because we stayed getting behind the safety and corner.

Defense will be improved once dvd is shown the bench to....

Special teams>>>
well if you dont know miami fans by know, unless s**t goes good they will always b**ch about something

* b**ching bout jacory sucks, and that kyle wright would win a national championship if he had these same receivers
* how were screwed that teddy b is basically the same quarterback as jacory and expect jacory part 2
* playcalling ie whipple
* randy shannon sucks and he will never be a great coach even with all the talent in the world. hes clueless, why he never makes ne adjustments, same dumbfound look in his face
* players out of control with the whole tweeting, no focus in the games (aparently jacory was tweeting an hour or so before kickoff)
* and the thing that infuriates most is the fact EVEN with all the turnovers miami still had a chance to win the game

the only update i saw was that marcus robinson and curtis porter gonna be out with injuries for a couple of weeks which is a relief considereing that they were season ending injuries prediagnosed

thats the scout boards in a nut shell

Last edited by Deeangoe; 09-15-2010 at 03:51 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #7106
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$407 | Props total: 11 11
preciate that injury update. but them boys played a decent game, just couldnt get out of our own way. This is just year one of the return to prime time to of course there are gonna be some bumps.

As long as all of them come back next year they should win a 'ship before they graduate and then the dynasty will have begun. Teddy B will be a good follow to Jacory cus they're similar and the offense won't have to change.

DB still did his thang btw, Palm Beach stand up!
 7 years ago '07        #7107
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
I like teddy b a lot

Unlike jacory if its not there he wont hesitate to take off.

We would been In way better situations if he would take off sometimes.

Pitt game will show us alot about this team.
 7 years ago '05        #7108
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
I like teddy b a lot

Unlike jacory if its not there he wont hesitate to take off.

We would been In way better situations if he would take off sometimes.

Pitt game will show us alot about this team.
but seriously this is whats going on in the scout boards

saying we need to stop recruiting dade county qbs and instead look to sign cali, penn, texas qbs
 7 years ago '04        #7109
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
i hate the scout boards ...reason why i dont even go there anymore. Too many f**king f**gots claiming to be fans b**ching about the good and throwing people under the bus. bunch of keyboard gangstas
 7 years ago '04        #7110
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
hi miami rules it is the best:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #7111
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:
well if you dont know miami fans by know, unless s**t goes good they will always b**ch about something

* b**ching bout jacory sucks, and that kyle wright would win a national championship if he had these same receivers
* how were screwed that teddy b is basically the same quarterback as jacory and expect jacory part 2
* playcalling ie whipple
* randy shannon sucks and he will never be a great coach even with all the talent in the world. hes clueless, why he never makes ne adjustments, same dumbfound look in his face
* players out of control with the whole tweeting, no focus in the games (aparently jacory was tweeting an hour or so before kickoff)
* and the thing that infuriates most is the fact EVEN with all the turnovers miami still had a chance to win the game

the only update i saw was that marcus robinson and curtis porter gonna be out with injuries for a couple of weeks which is a relief considereing that they were season ending injuries prediagnosed

thats the scout boards in a nut shell
I read all that s**t too. It's crazy because right before the game I was reading on there "if Jacory leads his team to a win he could be one of the best QBs at UM" and then after it was a different story. Jacory messed up some but I think there are only 2 out of 4 of those ints u could put on him. Stats won't show that though so it's whatever but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't beat anyone we play if everyone gets on the same page. Can't continue to keep having a lot of penalties either.
 7 years ago '07        #7112
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
These boys will be fine

They setting on on leaving in 2012 as champs
 7 years ago '05        #7113
space
space
Kind of early to be thinking about 2012 class but just saw Duke Johnson (RB) committed to us. He's teammates and been talking to the CB Leggett about committing too so hopefully he will be next to do it.
 7 years ago '04        #7114
booie4 
space
space
$5,233 | Props total: 1515 1515
Duke Johnson highlight tape is nasty, smooth runner with real good speed.
 7 years ago '05        #7115
space
space
3rd commit of 2012 class

[video - click to view]

don't see much in the video since he is being recruited as a DB. plays corner but is 6'1 170 so could end up at safety.
 7 years ago '04        #7116
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
CB Bailey is UM's 3rd 2012 Commit
Sep. 18, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Willie Bailey.
The 2012 commitments seem to be rushing in for Miami now as Hallandale cornerback Willie Bailey becomes the third name on the list.

In reality though, Bailey (6-2, 155, 4.62) was the second one to make his pledge since he did it a couple weeks ago and it had been kept quiet.

“It was probably like two weeks ago that I committed actually,” Bailey said. “Basically, I like how many defensive backs they have produced. Miami has sent all those guys to the NFL and then they standout. The coaches were really excited when I told them that I was ready to commit.”

Bailey said that he has already spoken with the whole staff except Coach Shannon but his primary recruiter is running backs coach Mike Cassano.

“I talked to pretty much all of the coaches except the head coach but my recruiter is Coach Cassano,” Bailey said. “I had met him at the summer camp actually. That was my first time going to Miami as like a recruit and I had a real good camp. The campus was very good and I liked the surroundings.”

Miami ’s other two 2012 commitments are Norland running back Duke Johnson and his teammate, linebacker Keith Brown. With them being from the same area as Bailey, he actually met one of them very recently.

“I met one of them because he came to my game last week,” Bailey laughed. “He found out about me and he heard I had committed to Miami . It was the big linebacker that I talked to and he was telling me how he already committed there. I was surprised to see him out there but he said I looked pretty good.”

Bailey isn’t overly excited about Miami ’s season so far but he expects the Canes to improve as the season goes along.

“It’s still just the beginning of the season so around the end of the season, they should be better,” Bailey said. “I think everything should come out good and they can do a good job the rest of their games.”

On the high school front, Hallandale is off to a promising 2-1 start after a brutal 0-10 record in 2009.

“This year is going pretty good and the coaches are a big difference from last year,” Bailey said. “The team really lacked discipline last year but our new coaches teach us a lot of good things. That’s why the season is going better. I’m playing both safety and corner but corner is my main spot.”

Bailey, who has two blocked punts this season, talked about the way he plays at the cornerback position.

“Yea I committed to Miami as a cornerback,” Bailey said. “I’m a physical defensive back and I like to get in on a lot of tackles. I’m a speedy guy too so once I get a pick, nobody is able to catch me. I just like to be physical in coverage, that’s how I play.”
 7 years ago '05        #7117
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
yall talking about 2012

yeah that sounds like a realistic year to work towards...we aint on the schedule
 7 years ago '07        #7118
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
I like I like

Physical conerbacks I like

Time will tell tho
 7 years ago '07        #7119
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 TheInevitable24 said:
yall talking about 2012

yeah that sounds like a realistic year to work towards...we aint on the schedule
f**k outta hea

2011 yall will get what was suppose to happen
 7 years ago '04        #7120
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Harris Hurt By Racial Remarks
Sep. 19, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Jacory Harris.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Venom. Hate. Anger.

Miami Hurricanes quarterback had Jacory Harris never heard that before. He had never been accustomed to that kind of reaction from fans. Not at Miami. Not at Northwestern. Not ever.

Logically, at Northwestern, he was 30-0 as a starting quarterback so one would have knit pick incredibly to find flaws in his game. He was a record setter, a two-time state champion and a National Champion.

Even at Miami as a freshman, he was the beloved QB that seemingly everyone wanted as a starter as he outplayed Robert Marve in key situations. He was the one people were calling the savior. He was loved. Then as a sophomore, the job was his and people were excited. Even with some losses, at 9-4, fans were relatively happy with Harris even though he threw 17 interceptions, some of which cost Miami games.

That has all changed as of this past week. The venom, the hate and the anger in fans is coming out, and it’s coming out in a way that will test Harris like he’s never been tested before. It was test his courage, test his fire, test him as a competitor, and test him psychologically.

Harris is one of only four black quarterbacks to start a football game at UM. The other three didn’t last long as Kenny Kelly played one year before bailing for baseball. Ken Dorsey took over the rest was history. The other was Ryan Collins and people who were following UM back then know how that one played out. It would take another story just to talk about that. And Derrick Crudup’s reign at QB lasted a week.

Harris is getting a taste of what Collins experienced and he got it in a harsh way this past week when he read a racially disturbing comment by a fan, one he said he knows.

“I told myself right after the game (not to look at Twitter). I said don’t look at it cause I know people are going to be you know, these are not coaches that are making comments on the internet, but you see some things and you get kind of hurt because sometimes it’s your fans that say the things and it be the ones that probably just before the game wrote you some encouraging message and then after the game, tell you they don’t want a black quarterback here, stuff like that, so it’s cool,” Harris said.

The comment and other comments like it brought the ‘Canes starting quarterback to tears. Quite frankly, it hurt him a lot. It hit him hard, hit his soul. But it’s one thing for someone to criticize his play, and another thing when the reason for criticism is because he’s a black quarterback.

It had never been a problem before for some fans, but with losses when wins are now expected, the true colors come out in some of these so-called fans.

“It is disheartening. It’s something that you look at and kind of brings you to tears a little bit, but at the same time you know it’s just a comment and nothing else will be taken after that. There will be no steps taken after that so that’s that person’s opinion and you got to live with it. That’s something you got to live with,” Harris said.

Defensive tackle Marcus Forston confirmed that Harris was definitely hurt by the comments. Forston has been close friends with Harris since they were in high school. Even though Harris didn't want to let out how much it hurt, Forston said it did.

"He was definitely hurt. He's a guy that always comes into the locker room with a lot of passion, just making jokes and always loud and making everybody laugh. When you see a guy just sitting in his locker and not making too much noise, you already knew something was wrong," Forston said. "It hurt him a lot. He never in his life would expect that to come from a fan, especially at UM, being in Coral Gables, how diverse it is down here."

Yet, still Harris found the time to apologize to fans for the loss, the way he and his team played, the fact that many true fans spent a lot of money to go see the game in person only to come away disappointed with the outcome.

But why apologize when that’s not his duty? He plays a sport. It’s just a game that many people take all too seriously. He’s still just a college kid, not someone who gets paid to do this for a living.

“Because there are still fans out there that support us and have to show that we appreciate the support and you know there’s a lot of people that came up spent a lot of money to make that trip in order to see us and we didn’t come through with a victory so I wanted to apologize to the fans, let them know that we can’t do things like this anymore. We got to go out there and win games. We want them to come to our games and support us so we got to basically make the effort on the field by letting them see that we’re a good team,” Harris said.

The question though for Harris is how he responds to this. He’s generally a very jovial individual, cracking jokes, trying to make people smile. There was none of that Sunday afternoon in Coral Gables. No smiles, no joy, no happiness, just someone who appears to be very hurt by this. There is not a mean bone in his body and having never experienced this kind of hate, it’s hard for him to find the words to respond. His attitude is not one of responding as he didn’t respond to that Twitter message. However, the comments clearly got to him a bit and his family support is what he rested on following that.

“The process is a crazy one cause I’ll be honest, looking at the new social networking and Twitter and stuff. It gets kind of crazy. You look at certain things, comments that they say on there, but those things don’t bother me when you’ve got family that are always, and your best friends off in college that watch the game, you know they always keep my spirits up, girlfriend, things like that keep your spirits, let you know that everything is still fine. And as long as those guys are a part of your life and you know tell you everything is alright, then everything is okay,” Harris said.

Harris just wants to get back on the field though so he can get back to playing well and so the team can as well as a win in Pittsburgh is sorely needed. If the ‘Canes lose, the wheels could fall off of the bus entirely and the venom that will be spewed by 11:00 p.m. Thursday will probably be even worse than what Harris experienced this past week.

“It’s a tough thing to wait because you want to get back on the field as soon as possible to redeem yourself, but as a team we’re slowly forgetting about it and moving on to the next team, Pittsburgh, the next opponent and that’s what our mind is focused on right now,” Harris said. ‘That’s the big key right now, to get a chance to redeem ourselves in the national spotlight so that everybody could see the University of Miami.”

One way Harris has responded to everything though is to let go a little bit, not be a micro manager of everything and let his guys do their jobs which might help him do his job better at the same time.

“I want to improve on being more focused on my job and not trying to micro manage the whole offense or the defense, just you know knit pick on certain things, tell the defense to do this or tell the offense to do certain things. I am going to leave it in the hands of Leonard Hankerson for the receivers, Tyler Horn for the offensive lineman and Damien Berry for the running backs and let everybody take control of their position and I’ll just be a leader by taking care of my business and making sure I’m focused on what I’m doing and just leading the team in the right way,” Harris said.
Home      

most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
147 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Why You Shouldn't Fly on Spirit Airlines
49 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
40 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
mario shoots a nice one
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sylvester Stallone accused of raping 16 yr old girl!
177 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
271 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Y’all ever seen a thick comedian?
131 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom And a poom-poom
21 comments
2 days ago