Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #7101
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
:wow: @ them weight room numbers

hes a freak of nature but we all knew that watchin him last yr.....he demands double teams

acc better be scared
 7 years ago '04        #7102
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
baileys gonna be even more of a beast this year....last year he got doubled cuz of all the injuries on the line and still led the team in sacks....he'll have only one man to beat this year since teams have to worry about vernon, m-robinson, and a healthy ojomo
 7 years ago '06        #7103
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
dyron dye is a f**king beast man

somebody post up his pics

dude got huge as f**k in about year under swaysey :wow:
 7 years ago '06        #7104
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #7105
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
He already had a nice frame all you had to add was the mass

look at them boys tho

:dancingcool::dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #7106
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Damn boys look big as f**k!!! :wow:

And damn ... :wow: at Harland Gunn with a 620 squat :wow::wow: that is f**king amazing... alotta power behind those legs!!!

And yes, Dyron Dye got huge as hell man!! just in one year under swayse. Now i hope all of the f**gots can shut the f**k up about replacing him!! Dye was just about 225 when he stepped on campus last year... he must be somewhere in the 250-260 neighborhood, swole. :applause:
 7 years ago '07        #7107
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Cap Peeler said:
Damn boys look big as f**k!!! :wow:

And damn ... :wow: at Harland Gunn with a 620 squat :wow::wow: that is f**king amazing... alotta power behind those legs!!!

And yes, Dyron Dye got huge as hell man!! just in one year under swayse. Now i hope all of the f**gots can shut the f**k up about replacing him!! Dye was just about 225 when he stepped on campus last year... he must be somewhere in the 250-260 neighborhood, swole. :applause:
Yeah no lie, I feel like we underestimated the true development of these ballplayers. Dudes looked mad skinny in last few years out there, but we aint cut them a fair break cus of their age:lachen001: Now they really showing their potential.
 7 years ago '06        #7108
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
they aint all sophmore and freshman anymore

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

all i see is talent from those pics

WE DEEEEP!!!!
 7 years ago '07        #7109
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Maybe it wasnt our weight coach maybe it was the players not taking the weight room serious

either way its lookin real good now.....them n*ggas are huge

where spence at??
 7 years ago '07        #7110
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Maybe it wasnt our weight coach maybe it was the players not taking the weight room serious

either way its lookin real good now.....them n*ggas are huge

where spence at??
Best believe it was cus they were just freshmen and sophomores. Dudes cant be 18 years old and playin full time ball outta high school, theyre not that developed physically. s**t, the guys that go to the nfl still got room to grow:lachen001:
 7 years ago '04        #7111
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
ojomo taking advantage of that free meal plan:wow:...he's gonna eat himself into a defensive tackle
 7 years ago '04        #7112
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
Q&A WITH NEW DL COACH RICK PETRI

Q: Welcome back to Miami.

Petri: It's been a while. 1995 was when I left. I would hope I've gotten better - with age you get better, isn't that what the saying is? I always try to get better every year, so I hope to do a better job now than I ever have. I'm going to always try to find something a little different to make the players better. That's my job.

Q: What was the conversation like when Randy Shannon asked you to come back on board?

Petri: I said `okay.' Randy and I have known each other since 1993. We've been close a long time. I trust Randy; hopefully he trusts me. I like to think that we're friends. He asked me to come. I called my wife, said `This is the case.' She said, `So you said yes?' I said, `Yes.' She said, `What you telling me about it for?' I said, `Courtesy.' [laughing] Seriously, it was an easy decision. I was excited to come back. It was good timing for me.

Q: Does it feel like you're coming home?

Petri: Anyone (coming back to) the University (it's like that), isn't it? The first thing I get, all of a sudden I'm getting texts, calls from some of the ex-players, people that have been around. Whenever you've been here, you've been here. You never leave. You're always a part of the program, a part of the University. It's not coming back, it's coming home. It's a different situation. I came back to Ole Miss. I didn't come back to Miami. I came home. That's the way I feel about it.

Q: Where are you living?

Petri: I'm on campus right now (before house hunting). I've gone back to school [laughing]. I'm in an apartment in a dorm. It's been good, convenient. I did it when I went to Kentucky, too.

Q: What do you think about the group that you have?

Petri: Very good. The whole situation has been very good. They're very bright eyed, big eyed, want to get better. It's always been that way here. That's what we talk about - getting better. They push each other to get better. I don't think we have a selfish person in the group. We've had two practices, no pads. This is football - everyone looks good with no pads on. We put the pads on, things get a little more interesting. Plus they're going to know a little more about what I'm trying to get done. They're going to get more comfortable, and it's going to be a good learning experience. They have a great attitude work ethic wise, learning wise. If you have that, you have a chance. We should be good.

Q: Are there any expectations you have for the guys you are coaching?

Petri: What are the expectations here all the time on the defensive line? It's to be good, is it not? It was that way when I was here before, wasn't it? I don't think it's changed. That would be my expectation: we want to be good. How good? I don't know. But we want to be good. There's a long history in the football program at every position, and we want to uphold that tradition and carry on with that.

Q: You've had kind of a nomadic coaching career.

Petri: Everyone has. It is what you make of it. It's fun, and it's not fun. It'd be nice maybe to pay on a house more than five or six years. But it's good. You live different places, you have friends all over the place. It's hard on families, though, more than on the coach. The families are the ones you have to uproot (Petri has two grown children, one in college and one that works as an engineer).

Q: Do you have any early thoughts on some of the linemen?

Petri: It's really hard for me to make any evaluations on any players physically because we have two practices with no pads on. We are defensive linemen - contact is involved. I'm pleased with everyone. I'm still trying to learn names. I'm still trying to learn scheme. I've been here two weeks - they're trying to figure out what I'm trying to get done. So I'm pleased with their work attitude. They want to work, want to get better. That's all I can ask from them right now.

Cassano weighs in

New running backs coach Mike Cassano also spoke today.

He says he's excited about what he's seen from this Hurricane team.

"We've got a great foundation to get this thing back to where it belongs, which is on top of the rankings," Cassano said. "The guys are out here doing a great job, and I just want to be a part of that thing. It's been good - I love the direction coach (Randy) Shannon has taken the program and I'm real excited to be a part of it, win a championship."

Of what he's seen from his group, Cassano said, "It's early. It's good. You give the guys a clean slate. You watch the film, but you have to do a good job of opening things up, making sure these guys understand they start with a clean slate. Some kids really rise to the top when they feel some of the things that happened in the past are behind them. I've got a great room. I feel comfortable with all the guys in there. They all work hard. They've really, really dedicated themselves to being students of the game, which for young guys is not always the case. It usually takes a little game experience in order for them to go that route. But these guys really, really want to be great players. They know the tradition of running backs here, which is as rich as anywhere in the country."

Asked about Damien Berry, Cassano said, "He's a kid that's a hard hat and a lunch box type of running back. He's a tough, physical guy that has deceptive speed, has what I call subtle shake in space, the ability to make people miss but he'll get those tough yards."

Of players that haven't seen reps in games - Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson - Cassano said, "Lamar has just been in meetings - he's in the ACC track championships, hasn't been out here. I can't wait to see him. I love his track times, I'll tell you that.

"Storm, he hasn't even been to his prom yet. He's 17 years old, is a hard worker with a tremendous amount of ability. He's a big kid with a great combination of size and speed. That's going to translate out there on the field, I'll tell you that."

Cassano added that "the competition is going to be fierce" for playing time this season.
 7 years ago '04        #7113
booie4 
space
space
lol at the bolded

RANDY SHANNON Q&A FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY'S PRACTICE

Q: When do you plan to make a decision on the backup quarterback?

Shannon: Really don't know. A lot of things can happen between here and the first game, so that's why I don't like to make too many decisions on something. You always can say, `Okay, this guy is second team,' but then all of a sudden you come back in the fall and a guy can have a bad camp and the guy's not second team anymore. We don't put too much emphasis on it. It's a starting point, but I don't think you ever pencil anyone in to be the guy. It's just a starting point.

Q: So you'll wait till fall to make a decision?

Shannon: We might make a decision, but it's a starting point. You go back in the fall and have a bad camp, the week before camp we'll say (he's) No. 3. It's just a starting point, so be careful.

Q: Does Adewale Ojomo look as strong as last year coming off his jaw surgery?

Shannon: He's back to his same old weights. His weight is up, he's up to about 250 I think. He's strong like he was before.

Q: Is he hesitant at all getting back into it?

Shannon: Wale isn't ever hesitant about anything. He's always aggressive. It's just back to the same way. It's the same old Adewale.

Q: Has Pat Hill been doing everything?

Shannon: Everything, all the drills, team, everything he's supposed to do. We're not holding him back on anything. He's full go.

Q: With Jacory Harris not playing this spring, what does he do?

Shannon: Individual drills - throwing the football, no.

Q: Other than Spencer Whipple, who is now on football scholarship, are any other of last year's walk-ons now on scholarship?

Shannon: No.

Q: Talk about the development of Stephen Plein.

Shannon: In the fall he moved over (to offensive line). He's put on a lot of weight. He's doing well right now. It's always a learning process, getting used to the grind of being an offensive lineman. It's a work in progress. He's young, but he's got a bright career ahead of him.

Q: What have you found to be the biggest challenge for a tight end moving to offensive line, as Plein did?

Shannon: The physical part of it. The physical part, the banging, that's what you have to get used to.

Q: It's your birthday today?

Shannon: Yes.

Q: How are you going to celebrate?

Shannon: Nothing. Typical day for me. Just a typical day. No birthday cake, no nothing.
 7 years ago '04        #7114
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
J12 got bigger :applause:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Mike James' legs :wow::applause:

[pic - click to view]

Them boys is getting swole :applause:
 7 years ago '04        #7115
booie4 
space
space
Streeter out to make WR rotation more crowded
by: Shandel Richardson February 25th, 2010 | 8:51 AM
CORAL GABLES _ UM’s already overpopulated wide receiver position is expected to grow even more crowded.
The Hurricanes return everyone from last year, but have several f!ghting to crack the 4-5-man rotation. Travis Benjamin, Leonard Hankerson, Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd and Thearon Collier were mainstays in 2009, but just who is the biggest threat to shake things up this year?
That honor goes to redshirt sophomore Tommy Streeter. After a slow start to his career, Streeter appears ready to make a leap.
“I feel like I can bring a lot to this offense,” Streeter said. “I feel that the coaches knows so and they’re going to put me in a position to do so.”
The 6-foot-5, 209-pound Streeter was a highly-rated member of the famed 2008 recruiting class, but is one of the few yet to make impact. He missed his freshman year because of a broken wrist. Streeter returned last season, but felt behind the others because he was still learning the offense.
He said things “began to pick up” late last season and feels his “mindset” is right.” He now says he’s able to identify defensive coverages at the line of scrimmage.
“I’m able to tell if it’s Cover Two before the snap,” Streeter said. “How [the cornerback] lines up gives a lot away. I just feel comfortable.”
Streeter also said he’s improved on blocking technique in the offseason. If all what he says is true, it has the makings of him becoming the Hurricanes top deep-ball threat. Last year he caught five passes for 114 yards, including a 47-yarder against Wisconsin in the Champs Sports Bowl. The play was designed for Streeter because the coaching staff, mainly offensive coordinator Mark Whipple, realizes his big-play potential.
”I wasn’t surprised,” Streeter said of the play. “Coach Whip told me I was one of the better deep ball guys. Coach said he’ll give me the opportunity. Going into the bowl game, that play was designed for me. I had worked on it the whole week in practice, so I knew when that play was called, they were coming to me.”
It seems a lot more plays may be coming Streeter’s way this season.
A few thoughts:
–Unlike last year, UM coach Randy Shannon is taking it slow before naming a backup quarterback. After last spring, he selected Taylor Cook only to have the competition between Cook and Cannon Smith continue through fall. Both quarterbacks decided to transfer before the first game.
Shannon said he won’t choose between A.J. Highsmith, Spencer Whipple (now on football scholarship) and Stephen Morris until fall practices near an end.
–I wouldn’t make much of a big deal about redshirt freshman Shayon Green starting at middle linebacker. Remember, Kylan Robinson and Arthur Brown started last year’s spring game because of injuries to Darryl Sharpton and Colin McCarthy. Neither Robinson or Brown played significant minutes during the regular season.
 7 years ago '04        #7116
booie4 
space
space
Running game focused on production, not individual stats

CORAL GABLES _ New running backs coach Mike Cassano has heard about the Hurricanes lacking a 1,000-yard rusher.
It hasn’t happened since Willis McGahee in 2002.
While Cassano would like nothing more than to end the streak in his first season, he is concerned more about production from the running backs. All of them.
“I know it’s been a thing where the elusive 1,000-yard season is looming,” said Cassano, who spent the past three seasons at FIU. “Hopefully, we can get a guy up there that can get that, but the priority is to have those guys out there, sometimes fresh legs, or whatever is best for the offense.”
Unless Damien Berry emerges as the clear top runner, look for the Hurricanes to rotate running backs. This has been the case the past three seasons, with Javarris James, Graig Cooper and Berry all receiving carries.
“The days of being able to have one back are over,” Cassano said. “The game is too fast, too physical to just have one back. If you look at a lot of the great teams, with Lendale White and Reggie Bush [at USC] and Darren McFadden and Felix Jones [at Arkansas] and you can go on and one with these two-back systems. It doesn’t mean they can’t get 1,000 yards.”
Casssano said he was first contacted by coach Randy Shannon about the opening once former RBs coach Tommie Robinson left for the Arizona Cardinals. After serving as a UM grad a.ssistant, he said returning was a great opportunity.
“This to me is a dream job,” Cassano said. “I just want to take part in making this thing a monster and bringing [the program] back to where it belongs, back on the top of the national map.”
He said feels comfortable with the stable of running backs, calling them “students of the game.” Although it’s early, he’s liked what he’s seen from Berry and freshman Storm Johnson.
“[Johnson] is a great kid, a hard worker with a tremendous amount of ability,” Cassano said. “He’s a big kid with a great combination of size and speed. That’s going to translate out there on the field.”
Cassano has yet to see redshirt freshman Lamar Miller. He’s only attended meetings because he is competing with the track team.
“I can’t wait, just like you guys,” Cassano said. “I love his track times, I’ll tell you that. I like guys when they’re able to do two sports. It keeps them competitive all year round.”
A few thoughts:
–Defensive end Adewale Ojomo spoke to the media for the first time since he was lost for the season after suffering a broken jaw last August. Ojomo was involved in a locker room f!ght. He was instructed by school officials not to discuss the incident, but said his weight dropped from 240 to 215 pounds because of the injury. His jaw was wired shut, and he was on a liquid diet for six weeks.
“It was hard because when you got a passion for the sport, it takes a lot from you,” Ojomo said. “It makes you see things much more clear when you come back. You just have much more love and respect for the game when you realize it can be taken from you at any point in time.”
Ojomo is now back up to 260 pounds.
–Berry is expected to be the starting running back once fall camp opens in August, but said the players are treating it as an open competition. He said his role this spring is serving as a leader to the younger backs. Berry is hoping to improve his blocking and pass-route running to become a “total back.”
–Redshirt sophomore receiver Tommy Streeter says he finally feels caught up to the rest of the group. He missed the 2008 season with a broken wrist, spending last year mostly adjusting. Now, he’s ready to compete for a spot in the rotation.
“Last year, being that I didn’t play the year before, things were kind of foreign to me,” Streeter said. “I kind of felt uncomfortable. But as I got in a rhythm of things, my confidence built up. I got that an attitude that I could play on this level and make plays.”
 7 years ago '04        #7117
booie4 
space
space
Hurricanes’ Tyler Horn center of attention this spring
by Jorge Milian
You’ve heard of three-star, four-star and five-star prospects.

Then there’s Tyler Horn, the Hurricanes’ junior center.

“I was a no-star kid who got a shot to play football at the University of Miami,” Horn said.

Horn, a native of Memphis, Tenn., isn’t exaggerating. Besides UM, the only schools to offer Horn a scholarship were Arkansas State, FiU and Central Arkansas, a Division I-AA school.

Fast forward three-plus years and Horn is the favorite to be UM’s starting center when the 2010 season opens on Sept. 2 against Florida A&M.

After redshirting as a freshman and barely playing the last two seasons, Horn has been given the first crack to win the starting job left vacant by the graduation of A.J. Trump. That opportunity began on Tuesday when UM opened spring practice.

“The way I see it, it’s my job, but I got to go out and take it,” said Horn, listed at 6-foot-4 and 300 pounds. “[Indianapolis Colts center] Jeff Saturday could come in and I would still feel like it’s my spot. That’s the way I’m going to look at it.”

The only spring competition for Horn comes from Shane McDermott, the Palm Beach Central grad who enrolled at UM in January. Another offensive lineman – most likely guard Brandon Washington – could be moved to center, but coach Randy Shannon made it clear he’d like to see Horn grab hold of the starting job.

“It’s about time for him,” Shannon said. “He’s been around, has been on offensive line for a while. Now it’s time for him to make that jump.”

Horn has limited playing experience. He played just a few snaps against Charleston Southern in 2008 and appeared in seven games in 2009, although he saw action almost entirely during garbage time.

“I haven’t played a lot,” Horn said. “But I’ve been here a long time and know the offense. What I have gotten is a lot of mental reps. I may not have been playing, but I know every single play and everything that’s happening. Now it’s time to go out there and get the experience on the field. That will come with time.”

Horn said he spent the past couple of months prepping for spring practice “by packing a lunch and spending the day watching film.” He likens the 15 practices this spring to a “job offer.”

“No different than if I was going to work for FedEx or anybody else,” Horn said. “I have to prove myself.”

Despite his lack of experience, Horn is convinced that’s going to happen. Asked if he visualized himself starting the 2010 opener, Horn responded: “Absolutely. No doubt in my mind.”

A few other notes:

….Shannon said that defensive tackle Marcus Forston will not participate in spring practice. Forston was redshirted last season because of a leg injury. UM previously listed Forston as “limited” this spring.

….Shannon was full of praise for running back Storm Johnson, one of six freshmen to enroll at UM in January. “Fast, a big kid that’s electrifying, very fast,” Shannon said of Johnson, a 5-foot-11, 210-pounder from Loganville, Ga. “He has some track ability in him, is very quick. He’s a big guy, [but] not a fullback. A Mike James type guy, maybe a little faster than Mike. You take those guys that can run because they give you an extra dimension in the open field. I’m kind of excited about that a little bit.”

….Spencer Whipple, one of three quarterbacks battling for the No. 2 job behind Jacory Harris, said he is now on scholarship. Whipple arrived at UM last fall as a walk-on.

….Former UM star Warren Sapp, arrested earlier this month and charged with domestic violence after allegedly choking his girlfriend, attended Tuesday night’s basketball game between the Hurricanes and Virginia at the BankUnited Center. Sapp was introduced to the crowd. Is there no shame?
 7 years ago '07        #7118
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
my jesus at mike james

that man is big as f**k.....hes prepared if he has to step into that fullback position

j12 tatted up lol and gaining weight

f**k the acc...NCAA look out

shannon is on top of things i see
 7 years ago '06        #7119
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
q: What was the conversation like when randy shannon asked you to come back on board?

Petri: i called my wife, said `this is the case.' she said, `so you said yes?' i said, `yes.' she said, `what you telling me about it for?' i said, `courtesy.' [laughing] seriously, it was an easy decision. I was excited to come back. It was good timing for me.
got his pimp hand strong!!!!

Q: Does it feel like you're coming home?

Petri: Anyone (coming back to) the University (it's like that), isn't it? The first thing I get, all of a sudden I'm getting texts, calls from some of the ex-players, people that have been around. Whenever you've been here, you've been here. You never leave. You're always a part of the program, a part of the University. It's not coming back, it's coming home. It's a different situation. I came back to Ole Miss. I didn't come back to Miami. I came home. That's the way I feel about it.

Last edited by DEDOS; 02-25-2010 at 09:29 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #7120
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Stretch Em Out Streeter

5 catches for 144 yards... 28 ypc

dude only got like 20 snaps all season

give him more Playing time
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy