Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
169 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside He's back!! Kangaroo got time now
75 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7061
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
ATH Williams Hearing From Coach Hill
Feb. 18, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Karlos Williams.
Davenport Ridge athlete Karlos Williams had a leg up on the recruiting process as his older brother Vince was a highly touted linebacker in the class of 2008 who ended up signing with Florida State.

Make no mistake though, Williams (6-2, 210) has a boatload of big offers because of what he can do on the field and not necessarily due to what his older brother did.

“It’s close to twenty, twenty or more offers,” Williams said. “I plan on taking some unofficials down to Miami, Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, and possibly LSU. That’s what I’m looking to get done this spring.”

Miami is among Williams’ many offers, and he has received multiple visits at school from recruiting coordinator and wide receivers coach Aubrey Hill.

“Coach Aubrey Hill doesn’t call me that much, the only way I get in contact with him is if he comes by the school,” Williams said. “Sometimes I get a message to give him a call too but normally we talk about their roster, guys they have signed at safety, and trying to get me down for a visit.”

Williams compared the way that the Canes are recruiting him to the way that some other schools are approaching the same task.

“Every school recruits differently and they have their own techniques but Miami does it pretty much the same,” Williams said. “Some schools have guys come by the school every week but other schools seem more relaxed. They send you the mail with the information and they tell you to call them every week. They’ll see how you’re doing and update you on how practice is going down there. Miami is really in there trying hard and Coach Hill came up to the school a couple times to see me and talk to me in person. Miami is really pushing to get me on board.”

Williams said that he knew about Miami’s storied history from growing up in Florida, but he still enjoyed the documentary ‘The U’ and the recruiting of Coach Schnellenberger.

“The coach mentioned that he had a pipe and he took it with him to see every recruit he visited,” Williams said. “Every recruit that he really wanted to attend Miami, he left his pipe at their house so he had a reason to go back to see them again. My head coach, Richard Tate, his father was the head coach down at Miami for a couple years in the 70s. I live in Florida so there’s no history to know besides Florida, Miami, and Florida State.”

Williams did grow up a huge fan of the Seminoles and he gave his thoughts on where they stand as a program right now.

“They’re going to be one of the best the next couple years I believe with what Jimbo (Fisher) is doing,” Williams said. “He’s starting to really connect with the players and I had a talk with him myself after Bobby (Bowden) left. He said ‘Look, we really want you to come in here and I’m going to do the best I can to make a difference to get the program back to where it used to be.’ The class they just signed with Jeff Luc, Debrale Smiley from JUCO, he signed a lot of guys from JUCO. Three JUCO guys came in so it means they’re not just taking high class guys from high school, he also giving second chances to kids from JUCO to make a name for themselves.”

It has become the norm for everyone to a.ssume Williams is headed to Tallahassee because of his brother or because he and his parents are big fans, but he explained why that has started to get quite old.

“I’m not going to lie, it’s very old and I get aggravated by that sometimes,” Williams said. “They say I’m going to Florida State because of my brother but it’s really my choice. If I choose somewhere else, it’s because that’s where I want to go. If I go to Florida State, it’s because that’s where I want to be. I was born and raised a Florida State fan and if you cut my father open, FSU probably runs out of his blood.”

“It’s basically on me though and wherever I decide, that’s where I’ll be. Can I go and play early or after I redshirt? Does it have the academic program I want to go into? Those questions are what I’m looking at but it has a little to do with my family as well. Would they be comfortable spending money to watch me play if I go further away? What it all boils down to is what I’m satisfied with.”
 7 years ago '04        #7062
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
DL Dubose: UM Showing A Lot of Interest
Feb. 18, 2010

By: David Lake

Bryant Dubose
Oakland Park Northeast defensive lineman Bryant Dubose has got the attention of the Miami coaching staff early in the recruiting process.

Dubose (6-4, 245) had a productive junior season this year in which he posted 65 tackles and 13 sacks from his defensive end position.

He is one of the top defensive line prospects in South Florida for the 2011 recruiting class and he says he has been in contact with the Miami coaches often.

“I talk to Miami pretty often,” Dubose said. “They probably show me the most interest right now.”

Dubose says he gets the feeling that Miami will offer him soon.

“I talk to coach Stoutland and coach Hill from Miami,” Dubose said. “They will come out to the school and see me and we will talk a little bit. They just let me know that they are interested in me and to keep them in mind because they are really looking at me. They said they will have an offer for me soon.”

When asked what he likes most about Miami right now, Dubose says he likes the sincerity of the UM coaching staff.

“The coaches seem like they care the most about me as a person and I like that,” Dubose said. “They seem like they are really good guys and they make me feel real comfortable.”

Dubose says he watched a couple of Miami’s games this year on television and he says he is impressed with the direction UM is heading in.

“I like Miami a lot,” Dubose said. “I saw a couple of their games from this year and I liked them. They have a young quarterback that is good and I think they are going to have a strong offense and they will be able to put together a good defense soon.”

Dubose currently has offers from West Virginia, Rutgers, and FIU. He is also getting recruiting interest from Florida State, Florida, Nebraska, and Michigan.

Dubose does not have a timetable set on when he might like to make a college decision, but he says he does know what he will be looking for from his future school.

“I want a coach who is about more than just football,” Dubose said. “I’d like a school with good facilities and a good academic program that could help me if I need it.”

While Dubose plays defensive end for Northeast, he is projected as a defensive tackle on the college level because his frame will easily hold the weight. Dubose says he isn’t concerned what position he will play in college.

“I am pretty open to playing any position really,” Dubose said. “It doesn’t matter to me.”
 7 years ago '06        #7063
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,716 | Props total: 12263 12263
 Deeangoe said:
word on the street is there will be no names on our jerseys AGAIN next yr...seriously ?!?
gotta be f**king kidding me

shannon behind this shyt?
 7 years ago '04        #7064
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
WR Dorsett: Miami is My Dream School
Feb. 18, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Phillip Dorsett
On January 1st, St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Phillip Dorsett was sitting on one scholarship offer from Ohio State. Undoubtedly a big offer, but still his only offer.

That is no longer the case as Dorsett (5-9, 162) has recently seen the big offers coming rushing into his mailbox.

“Florida, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and North Carolina have offered me and I had Ohio State from before,” Dorsett said. “Right now, I’m keeping things pretty even. I’ve been talking with LSU, Miami a little bit, and Florida State so those are the other schools.”

Dorsett plans upcoming junior day visits to both Florida and Florida State with close friend and fellow St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Rashad Greene.

Dorsett had 30 catches for 594 yards and 6 touchdowns as a junior, which he feels is one of the biggest reasons more high profile schools have come calling.

“It’s been great but it really hit me out of nowhere because I didn’t really know that I would get these offers this fast,” Dorsett said. “It feels great though, it’s what I’ve been hoping for. I had a good junior season where I showed my athleticism, my speed, and my quickness. I guess those schools found out more about that.”

Dorsett gave his thoughts on Florida because they’re on top of the recruiting world as well as Notre Dame where some St. Thomas alumni have gone in the recent years.

“Florida always has good recruiting classes that are highly ranked and in the top around the nation,” Dorsett said. “They have a lot of NFL pedigree and I like their offense so they’re a good offer for me to have. Notre Dame has great academic prestige and they have a new coach with Coach Kelly. He runs the spread offense so they’ll be throwing the ball a lot more now. Gio (Bernard) and Cody Riggs said they have a lot of tradition up there and it’s a great campus.”

Dorsett does believe that Miami will offer at some point in the future and that he isn’t worried yet because it is still pretty early.

“I really don’t know for sure but I think that they’re going to (offer me),” Dorsett said. “That’s always been my dream school and I’ve always wanted to go there since I was a little kid so I hope they offer. It’s still early in the recruiting process and spring hasn’t even came by yet so I’m not worried about that yet.”

Dorsett likes what he has seen from Miami on offense as well as the fact that the current receivers will be graduated or seniors by the time that he would be a freshman.

“I like their offense and I like how they spread the ball around to every receiver,” Dorsett said. “A lot of their receivers are going to be gone when I go in so hopefully I have a chance to play when I get there. I like everything about Miami, I don’t have anything I don’t like about any school. I don’t really like to point out negatives because I like to think about the positives of each school.”
 7 years ago '06        #7065
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
playnogames big ups famo
 7 years ago '06        #7066
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
Can't wait for Jermaine Thomas to truck that punk a.ss n*gga Kevin Nelson :cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '06        #7067
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Xaiv said:
Can't wait for Jermaine Thomas :
who the f**k is that nobody you speak of

yall need to worry about USF before you step up to us

[video - click to view]

we really shook of your runningbacks

7 years ago '04        #7068
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
spring ball almost here:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #7069
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
lol at anybody trying to talks**t by dropping Jermaine Thomas name in a convo.
 7 years ago '05        #7070
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
bwhahaha
 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM         #7071
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Springdale (Ark.) Shiloh Christian QBKiehl Frazier had planned to take an unofficial visit to Miami last month.

But after talking with coach Mark Whipple he decided to put that off.

He'll now be on campus sometime next month instead.

"After talking with coach Whipple we decided it would be better to visit during spring ball, that we could spend more time with the coaches and see how everything really works," Frazier's father, Robin, said. "That was coach Whipple's suggestion and I agreed with him. We're still trying to get a date set. We'll be going to a few places also - we're going to go to Miami, probably Gainesville and probably stop by Auburn and Alabama."

Kiehl says he's keeping an open mind about all the school heading into the visits.

"I'm going to be looking at the atmosphere of the schools, see how I feel, if I fit in there," he said. "And mostly the coaching staff because a bunch of people say `don't go there for the coaching staff,' but that's big."

Frazier adds that "I already know coach Whipple - he came to my state championship game this year and I've talked to him on the phone every two or three weeks. He's straightforward, doesn't say `You're going to come in here and start your first year' and give me all these compliments. He says he'll coach me to get me better and get me to the next level if I have the ability."

Frazier says along with Whipple he also stays in touch with a handful of other coaches from different schools. Overall he lists 14 scholarship offers, including Miami.

"I'm going to try and graduate early to try and learn the system wherever I go," Frazier said. "That's why I'm taking these visits."

He says he would like to decide before his senior season.

Of what he knows about UM, Frazier said, "I don't know too much. I've heard about the atmosphere and tradition, but that's all I know right now.

"It's pretty much open right now, I have no frontrunners. I'm not very far along in the process right now."

As a junior Frazier threw for 3,900 yards with 49 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He also rushed for 720 yards and 14 more scores.
 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM         #7072
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wide receivers coach Aubrey Hill had all the qualifications Randy Shannon wanted in a recruiting coordinator - good people skills, an upbeat personality and a tremendous rapport with recruits.

So, after Clint Hurtt left, it was an easy choice to add another job description for the wide receivers coach.

And, for his part, Hill says the additional chore of recruiting coordinator is made easier by his fellow coaches.

"One really good thing is, from our head coach to all of us coaches, we're all collectively recruiting coordinators," Hill said. "I just coordinate the meetings, which kids are going to go through coach Shannon and our staff, then look at all the areas we need to recruit. And recruiting weekends - we have a great staff that helps with all of that. Even though I've jumped in head first with all of it, relish the responsibility, we all do it."

What made him a good fit for the job?

"Probably what I've done the first two years here," Hill said. "Just being consistent in recruiting. And the qualities of being able to facilitate and organize all the meetings and also communicate through coach Shannon what we're all trying to do."

The team holds recruiting meetings with the coaching staff just as it has offensive meetings and defensive meetings.

"We talk about which guys we like on offense, defense, special teams," Hill said. "What we do is try to find the best players in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and the rest of the state and then the rest of the country."

So far those meetings have resulted in numerous early scholarship offers.

"We have a fair amount we've given out," Hill said. "We pick a couple of days in the afternoon the staff gets together and watches tape. We have a grading system of how we calculate each student-athlete. We give them a grade, break it down and rank it by position, find the ones we want to offer. First we want to make sure they're the best football player we can find, have the grades for the University of Miami, make sure they have the work ethic and character. There are so many things that go into finding a player."

Of how a player gets a UM offer, Hill said, "We get tape, we'll have a write-up sheet of different criteria we have as a staff. And then after looking at so many different young men at that same position we give him a grade and determine if he gets an offer. Coaches will come to me and I'll go to coach Shannon and we have the two out of three rule (two coaches must agree on an offer out of Hill, the position coach and Shannon). But being the head coach, he has strong veto power. We do a great job of selectively finding the players we want on our team."

While the number of scholarship spots UM will fill in the coming year isn't yet certain (it can vary depending on players going pro early and other factors), Hill did point to some areas of need. In the 2010 recruiting class those areas were offensive line and tight end.

This year?

"It will be receivers, safeties, quarterbacks and offensive linemen," Hill said. "Those are the need positions. But if there's a great tight end we can find, a great running back we can find, we would definitely recruit the best players at those positions."

Hill says of quarterback recruiting that "We want to take the best quarterback we can take, and if there's an opportunity where maybe we can take a second we'll look at it as a staff and make that decision. We do need to find a guy in this class that can compete with the guys we have and have the opportunity to be a starter at some point."

* Of why Miami doesn't have a junior day, Hill said, "We don't necessarily have the traditional junior days like other schools have them. What we try to have is individual student-athletes that come down, have a campus tour and have that one-on-one time. Sometimes in a junior day you try to get at least 100 kids together at one time. One thing we're really good at is the one-on-one, that individual time. We feel it works best on a one-on-one basis vs. having a junior day. Different schools do it differently, and we feel the one-on-one uniqueness of having a kid and his family come down and visit the University can really go far. Some kids can really get overshadowed on a junior day. We want to give everyone the full attention they deserve."

* Hill says a big emphasis for UM is the family atmosphere surrounding the program.

"We don't stress (being a family), we really live it," Hill said. "That goes all the way back to our alumni, former alumni that come over. The first thing they do is give you a hug and say `You're part of the U family.' Guys just come straight up to you, like me, they said (when Hill was hired) `Coach Hill, welcome to the family.' And it's the same way through the team from freshmen to seniors, they do a good job of continuing the tradition, being the family, and realizing they have an extended family with alumni. And the other thing that speaks for itself is the great tradition we have at Miami. As a coach I'm still learning about all the great players, the great games, the great team honors and individual honors. There's so much history here, a lot of people can look and learn from it."

* A concern is that recruits won't remember the last great Miami teams, since current high school juniors weren't even 10 years old at that time. Does that affect anything recruiting-wise?

"I don't think we're too far removed for kids to remember the 2001, 2002 years," Hill said. "They know how good Miami can be. And they do realize we haven't reached our height right after that point, and we're slowly getting back to the high expectations coach Shannon and our football staff want. As you look at our team, we're headed in the right direction. We know this: the more you win, the better recruits you have. We do feel we can recruit the best players in the country because we have the most fertile area with Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. We feel we'll have an opportunity to recruit the best.

"As you look at recruiting, with the Internet, so much information, you have a lot more informed young man and he wants to make sure with his family that they find the best university for them. Every kid is going to look at `Hey, how many quarterbacks do you have? How many receivers, how many running backs?' And `Can I come in and have a chance to play, is there a good fit with the coaches, the whole program.' We feel we're headed in the right direction."

* Hill also spoke about what he's looking for from his receiving corps this spring.

"We felt there were some bright spots at receiver (last year), but as a whole we're not satisfied with the last game we played," Hill said. "We're trying to make sure we find our consistency. From our first player to our young guy coming in, we have to compete with each other, do everything we can to help the offense. The best thing about it is we have a really deep group and we make sure they can compete. I'm encouraged by the receiver position, but there are still things we can improve on.

"The thing we're trying to do this spring is find some versatility with some guys. If we move guys around, hopefully it'll actually help us more than hurt us. If a guy can go to another position and help us, from inside to outside, outside to inside - we want versatility as we go through."
 7 years ago '04        #7073
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
this n*gga said jermaine thomas

wasn't that bum supposed to rip it last year?

worry about usf? nolies need to worry about beating FAMU. They need to be the best team in Tallahassee before they step up to USF much less to us.
 7 years ago '06        #7074
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
now lets get to the real goons at runningback... jermaine thomas

Rising senior Damien Berry and rising sophomore Mike James are expected to battle for the starting RB position, now that Javarris James and Graig Cooper have left the building (well, Cooper is still around but he's sidelined). But Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald wonders why neither of them was given more responsibility last season -- Berry finished second on the 'Canes in rushing but only led the team in carries once; James had only 15 carries on the season and spent most of it at FB.

Whatever the reason, it could open the door for two freshmen with similar size but different running styles to make a splash once spring practice kicks off on Tuesday. Redshirt freshman Lamar Miller, a four-star recruit in 2009, "has been all the rage from my conversations with different members of the staff at UM," writes Navarro. Incoming recruit Storm Johnson was the No. 22 prospect in this year's ESPNU 150 and obviously is already enrolled at The U.

Scouts, Inc.
Lamar Miller evaluation

"Miller is a quick-footed prospect with a supreme blend of size and speed. He has a taller, chiseled frame with the room to bulk up (to around 215 pounds) and remain durable while carrying the load. He's a better perimeter back than interior runner, despite his size. Excels at stretching plays outside and slipping through small cutback creases. Shows great lateral quickness, sidestepping initial trash without losing much in transition. Demonstrates natural running skills, with good body control and vision. Knows how to follow and set up his blocks. Flashes elite speed and the acceleration to turn the corner and go the distance."

Scouts, Inc.
Storm Johnson evaluation

"Johnson is a load of back with deceptive speed and lateral quicks. His good feet can actually be a detriment at times. He can take extra east-west cuts instead of blasting it downhill. Johnson has great size and, for the most part, runs with good body lean despite checking in at 6-0. Very thickly built, particularly through his lower body which has a wide, powerful base. Johnson shows good urgency out of his stance, attacking the line of scrimmage. When he decides to plant and go downhill it is very difficult to arm-tackle this guy."

hope shannon gives us a dose of berry and lamar :rasta:

berry, chambers, mike james, and lamar miller would start for the who day one!

Last edited by DEDOS; 02-20-2010 at 10:16 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #7075
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
i think chambers is currently injured...how i dunno ......so hopefully lamar gets in on the spring or somes**t
 7 years ago '06        #7076
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Teddy Bridgewater doesn't consider himself "a combine guy." He says running laser-timed 40-yard dashes under the watchful eye of coaches he doesn't know -- or care to know -- simply doesn't bring out the same intensity in him as when he's being chased by defensive players trying to knock his head off.

That's why the 6-3, 175-pound junior quarterback from Miami Northwestern -- and the top 2011 recruit in the state of Florida -- wasn't bothered much by the fact he was clocked at 4.88 seconds three times during Sunday's Miami Under Armour Combine.

"To me, the game is what you're evaluated by -- not the numbers," said Bridgewater, who threw for 2,546 yards, 32 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last season while rushing for 379 yards and five more scores. "When I run a 40, I just run a 40 to see how I run. When I'm on the field, I'm running to win the game."

Bridgewater didn't need to win over any scouts inside the practice bubble at the Miami Dolphins practice facility Sunday. They know what he can do. But for most of the other close to 250 local participants from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties who participated in various drills such as the 40-yard dash, the three-cone drills, the short shuttle, the bench press, and vertical leap, Sunday's final day of the Under Armour combine was a great opportunity to draw more eyeballs and potentially college scholarship offers.

And there were definitely a few locals who stood out. My Combine MVP awards went to Columbus receiver Tacoi Sumler, Nova High defensive tackle Nile Lawrence, and Plantation linebacker Ryan Shazier. Here are a few tidbits on our camp MVPs and a few other standout participants...

> There weren't many who had a much better day than Sumler. The 5-8, 175-pound receiver/cornerback who recently transferred from Gulliver Prep, ran a 4.33 40-yard dash and the L-cone drill in 6.73 seconds, a drill made especially to demonstrate the ability to cut and change direction quickly. Later on in one-on-one drills, he burned several cornerbacks who tried to cover him for easy touchdowns. Already with 12 offers from schools like South Carolina, West Virginia, Florida State, FIU, Tulane, Arkansas, Clemson and Stanford, Sumler, who had over 900 all-purpose yards and scored 20 touchdowns as a junior, is expecting to get offers from Florida and Cal soon. He said he talks to University of Miami coaches often and grew up a UM fan. He said he is waiting to see if the Canes will offer him.

> Another receiver who was hard to miss was St. Thomas Aquinas' Phillip Dorsett, who was more than happy with his 4.41 time in the 40-yard dash. Dorsett, listed a 5-9, 165, said he's received offers from Ohio State, Notre, Dame, Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida and said he likes the Buckeyes because they were the first team to offer him and because they have former teammate Duron Carter. But he grew up a UM fan and said he would love to get a Hurricanes offer. "That's always been my dream school," Dorsett said. "Santana Moss is my favorite player."

> Northwestern's Eli Rogers (5-10, 175) doesn't have a formal offer from any school yet, but said the Hurricanes are on him hardest and he gets letters daily from Florida, Florida State, Oregon and Alabama. Rogers wasn't happy with his 40-time of 4.57 seconds, but showed everyone how talented he can be in the open field during 7-on-7 and 1-on-1 drills, catching passes and making big plays.

> Defensively, it seemed, there were plenty more impressive players. The easiest one to spot was Shazier (6-2, 205) -- especially with his cleanly shaven head. The All-Broward First Team selection, who had 19.5 sacks last season, ran an eye-opening 4.44 in the 40-yard dash and had a 34.5-inch vertical leap. He also performed well during one-on-one drills in pass coverage. Shazier said he has nine offers, including one from Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, South Carolina and is waiting for the Hurricanes to offer him. "I like them," Shazier said. "I know I can fit their program. If they don't want me, they don't want me. But you always like to have a program that's close to home."

> Shazier's new teammate Jeremy Cash, formerly of Ransom Everglades, already has plenty of big name schools after him including Miami, North Carolina and Ohio State. The 6-2, 195-pound safety didn't disappoint at the combine, running the 40 in 4.58 seconds and knocking away several passes in seven on seven drills. His father, Byron Martin, said Jeremy is interested in going to a school with a good medical program. Cash plans to graduate early and enroll in January.

> If there is one player whose recruiting stock is rising quickly, it is Lawrence (6-2, 270). The former middle linebacker who continues to grow, impressed recruiting analysts with 32 reps on the bench of 185 pounds. He also ran an impressive 4.9 in the 40-yard dash, showing he has the motor to go with the strength. Lawrence, whose only previous offer had come from Colorado, said he was offered by Florida State recently. He said he likes the Seminoles a lot.

> Lawrence wasn't the only defensive line prospect to shine. Jackson defensive end Ruben Carter (6-4, 270) said he already has offers from FIU, Georgia Tech and Rutgers. He said he ran the 40 in 5.28 seconds and bench pressed 185 pounds 20 times. Carter is also being looked at potentially as an offensive linemen. Booker T. Washington's Elkino Watson (6-3, 260) had a stellar junior season for the Tornadoes after transferring from Carol City and followed it up Sunday with solid numbers. He ran the 40 in 4.81 seconds and had 22 reps on the bench.

> Southridge defensive back standouts Gerod Holliman and Andrew Johnson both participated with the elite group Sunday. Holliman (6-1, 180) wasn't happy with his 4.65 time in the 40-yard dash, but the All-Dade Third Team selection thought he did well in other events. Johnson (5-10, 160) ran a 4.57. The All-Dade Second Team selection had seven interceptions as a junior. Both said they play to visit the University of Miami unofficially this week, where they hope to land offers.

> Monsignor Pace defensive back Jabari Gorman (5-10, 175) is another player who hopes to enroll in school early. Boasting a 4.17 GPA and a score of 19 on the ACT, its no surprise that Gorman has already gotten offers from more than a dozen schools including UM. Among the others are Mississippi, Tennessee, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Florida, West Virginia, Oklahoma and Iowa. Sunday, he ran a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash and leaped 9.1 feet in the standing long jump.

Under Armour is expected to release more numbers from this weekend's combine as early as Monday morning. Check back for video interviews and audio interviews from Sunday.

-- MANNY NAVARRO

WE GOT SOME CANES OVER HERE!!!!
 7 years ago '05        #7077
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
seems to me lotta dudes still waiting for miami offers when they already got florida and fsu offers
 7 years ago '07        #7078
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
way too many short guys, shannon doesnt recruit small guys so idk
 7 years ago '07        #7079
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Shannon better start sending out them offers

Eli a beast.....but he likes height but f**k that grab all that talent

you see all them cane locks
 7 years ago '04        #7080
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Shannon Talks Spring Football
Feb. 22, 2010

By: David Lake

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami will hold their first spring football practice tomorrow at 3 p.m.

Read here for the latest news and notes with the Miami football team going into the spring.

The practices are closed to the public.

OPENING STATEMENT

“This spring is a different type of spring that we have been able to run at Miami. We are really going to be able to get physical. Our numbers are up and we have two units going and in some areas we have three units going and I am kind of excited about that. On offensive line we have 11 or 12 guys who are able to compete. In the past we have had to rotate guys. On defensive line we have numbers, at running back we have numbers, and at receiver we have numbers. It is going to be a physical type of spring and we are going to get after it.”

NEWS & NOTES

• Going into the spring, Shannon said his overall goal for the team is to get tougher and improve on the turnover battle. “It is going to be physical football this spring,” Shannon said. “I want to see what our mindset is and us take the next step of improving on a lot of different areas. We need to cause more turnovers on defense and we need to cut down on our turnovers on offense. We are challenging both sides on creating turnovers and preventing turnovers.”

• With quarterback Jacory Harris out this spring with a hand injury, Shannon says it will be important to find out who the backup quarterback will be for the 2010 season. Shannon said sophomore A.J. Highsmith will be running the first team offense on the first day of practice. “We are going to be able to find out who our number two quarterback is with Jacory not participating. I think that is very key for getting ready,” Shannon said.

• Shannon would like early enrollee freshman quarterback Stephen Morris “to go out and be himself. The one thing you don’t want to happen is for guys to go beyond the call of duty. If you go out and do your job, then you will be successful.”

• Defensive end Adewale Ojomo “has matured a lot” after sitting out last season due to a broken jaw he sustained before the 2009 season, according to Shannon. Ojomo was expected to be an impact player on defense for UM before he sustained the injury. “He sat out and he saw a lot of different things from a coaches standpoint that he did not see,” Shannon said. “His weight is up to 255 or 260 and he has been running and lifting and he looks strong. I am excited to see where he is at. Ojomo plays with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement and I am looking forward to joining in that enthusiasm with him. ”

• Shannon wants to see running back Damien Berry become “the total package” this spring. Shannon says he specifically would like to see Berry improve his pass protection and route running out of the backfield. “He has improved every year he has been at running back, but now he has to take that next step of being the guy,” Shannon said. “Running is easy, but if you are exceptional at blocking or in pass protection, those are the great ones. If you look at the great quarterbacks that have had a runner and a blocker, those quarterbacks have been the most successful. People will blitz you, and then you have that guy that you can stand there with protection.”

• Quarterback Jacory Harris will not be able to take any throwing reps this spring. “He will be doing drill work, but he won’t be throwing the ball and things like that,” Shannon said.

• Shannon said he never considered moving spring football back to so that Harris might be able to participate. “You can’t let one person dictate what you are going to get done,” Shannon said. “We try to get our six weeks of lifting in, then your spring ball, and you finish up…if somebody gets nicked or injured then you can get them back for August because August is the key.”

• LB Shayon Green and Kylan Robinson will be the middle linebackers this spring. Green missed the 2009 season due to a knee injury he sustained before the season started. “We are giving Shayon the opportunity to play the position. He is a hard worker and he is a big guy that has some athletic ability and can run.”

• The first team offensive line will start with: LT Orlando Franklin, LG Brandon Washington, C Tyler Horn, RG Harland Gunn, and RT Ben Jones. “If we have three offensive tackles that are the best guys on the offensive line, one of them will go play guard. The best five will play no matter what position they are,” Shannon said.

• Shannon on his expectations for C Tyler Horn: “It is about time for him. He has been around for a while and it is time for him to make that jump,” Shannon said.

• Allen Bailey will start the spring at defensive end, but if injuries occur at defensive tackle, he could always switch positions.

• Shannon says he expects for the players from the 2008 recruiting class to step up this spring and blossom into productive veteran players. “All those guys who have been here for two years, now it is time for them to take that jump,” Shannon said. “The real big time players, in their third and fourth year they are going to respond like Hankerson did this year. His third year last year he had a breakout year and was real productive.”

• During the offseason, Shannon said he has been impressed with the work TE Richard Gordon has been putting in on his own to get better. “I want him to be the guy he is supposed to be,” Shannon said. “He is a big fast guy and he will get a lot of reps at it this spring. We all have confidence in Richard because of what he has done this offseason. When you see him out working with the quarterbacks on his own, that is a different Richard. That is not the same Richard that we saw before.”

• With offensive coordinator Mark Whipple and defensive coordinator John Lovett back for their second spring at Miami this year, that makes it easier on the players to get more comfortable with the systems. “It is big to have the coordinators back so the players can fully understand what we want to get done,” Shannon said. “They can go in and they know what to expect out of coach Whipple and coach Lovett.”

• All the players will participate on special teams this spring. Shannon said there will be some emphasis on special teams because the numbers are better.

• Colin McCarthy will stay at outside linebacker this spring and he may switch to middle linebacker during third down situations or second and long situations.

• According to Shannon, walk-on cornerback Cory Nelms, who runs track for Miami and earned a football scholarship last season because of his play on special teams, has a chance to earn serious playing time at cornerback this spring. "He has a chance," Shannon said. "It is always the guys on special teams that become your good players. I think that is a big correlation. If you see a guy on special teams do well, they will be able to help your football team."

• CB Brandon Harris, CB Cory Nelms, DT Micanor Regis, and RB Lamar Miller will all miss a couple of practices due to track meets this weekend. "Track is very good because it is competitive and it improves your speed," Shannon said.

• Baseball coach Jim Morris contacted Shannon about Jamal Reid playing baseball this spring, but Shannon says Reid won't be give the opportunity to play baseball until after spring football, if Morris is still interested.

• Shannon said there are no position changes going into spring.

• Players from the 2009 recruiting class who have been given a redshirt: DE Dyron Dye, LB Shayon Green, OL Jermaine Johnson, RB Lamar Miller, OL Stephen Plein, DB Jamal Reid, DL Luther Robinson, TE Billy Sanders, OL Jared Wheeler, and OL Cory White.

• Shannon said linebacker coach Micheal Barrow never interviewed for the defensive coordinator at Florida, but he was contacted by the Gator staff.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
175 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
80 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy