Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-14-2010, 01:57 PM         #7041
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lakeland OL emerging
Offensive lineman Errin Joe (Lakeland, Fla./Lake Gibson) has scholarship offers from Florida State, Miami, West Virginia, Iowa State and Florida International. The 6-4, 285-pounder also attended a junior day at Auburn last month.

Joe is a prospect to keep an eye on out of traditionally talent-rich Polk County in Central Florida. He was a second team Class 4A All-State selection as a junior and has been named to multiple early rankings of top prospects in the Sunshine State for 2011.
 02-14-2010, 01:57 PM         #7042
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cornerback Andrew Johnson (Miami/Southridge) picked up a scholarship offer from Texas Tech on Thursday. The Red Raiders join Florida International in the chase for the 5-foot-9, 160-pounder. This offer is not surprising because Texas Tech signed two prospects from Southridge High School in the Class of 2010 -- defensive backs Phillip Warren and LaVaughn Whigham.

"It was exciting to get that offer," Johnson said. "They offered and signed two of our defensive backs in the last class, so if I ended up going there, I would have some players that I know out there."
Miami, Florida State, Alabama and Southern California have also shown interest. He plans to camp at Florida State, Michigan, Alabama and Tennessee this summer.

If the Hurricanes end up offering Johnson, they will be the clear frontrunners.

Johnson had 56 tackles and seven interceptions in 2009 and took three of those back for touchdowns. He played safety for most of those games, but projects best as a cornerback. Observers of South Florida high school football feel that Johnson was outstanding both in the box against the run and playing the pass last season.

"I thought I had a good year last year as far as interceptions are concerned, but if I could have just had more tackles," Johnson said.

However, Johnson isn't the only Division I prospect in the Southridge secondary for the 2011 class. Safety Gerrod Holliman (6-1, 190 pounds) should get plenty of scholarship offers soon.
 02-14-2010, 01:58 PM         #7043
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 quarterback Christian LeMay (Mint Hill, N.C./Butler) is now only considering 10 schools from his long list of suitors, ESPN's Brian Stumpf reports.

Florida, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Miami-FL, Mississippi State, Florida State, Virginia Tech and North Carolina will battle for the ESPNU 150 Watch List prospect.

Additionally, the 6-foot-2, 187-pound talent hopes to narrow the field down to five by May and three by July and eventually name a "leader" instead of making a verbal commitment. LeMay will enroll at his school of choice January 2011.

Maryland, N.C. State, Oregon, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Illinois, Tennessee and Michigan have also offered.

As a junior, he completed 170 of 248 attempts (68.5-percent) for 3,396 yards, 44 touchdowns and just two interceptions, leading Butler to a 15-0 state title.
 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM         #7044
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
QUARTERBACK: Coach Randy Shannon said last week that he doesn’t “forsee” starting quarterback Jacory Harris participating in any part of spring drills after undergoing thumb surgery. That means that rising sophomore A.J. Highsmith, walk-on Spencer Whipple and true freshman Stephen Morris will divide snaps evenly. “Each guy is going to get reps with the ones and reps with the twos,” Shannon said. “That will help us out because one of those guys will eventually establish himself as the No. 2 guy. It’s kind of bad because Jacory is out, but the good thing is the young guys will get a chance to develop.” Highsmith was Harris’ backup last season, but don’t be surprised if Whipple, son of offensive coordinator Mark Whipple, makes a serious run for the No. 2 job. “The guys on the scout team all said they really liked him because of his leadership ability,” Shannon said. “He’s fiery, competitive and gets guys going.”

RUNNING BACKS: The best news is that fullback Patrick Hill, who missed nearly all of last season with an ankle injury and redshirted, will participate in spring practice. With Hill back, Mike James will return to tailback where he will compete with Damien Berry, Lee Chambers, Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson. There’s a lot of excitement around Miller, who redshirted last season but impressed teammates while participating with the scout team. “Very fast, good hands, very athletic,” Shannon said of Miller. “He’s got to take that next step in maturity. When you’re on scout team, you can get away with almost anything. You don’t have to worry about protections and all those kind of things. Now he has to learn about the blocking aspects, being able to stuff a linebacker when he blitzes.” Graig Cooper, who blew out his knee in the bowl game loss to Wisconsin and underwent surgery, will attend meetings and continue rehabbing. Asked if Cooper might play in 2010, Shannon said, “Don’t know. It’s hard to say.”

RECEIVERS: The deepest position on the Hurricanes’ roster. Shannon said he’s already warned that his rotation will be limited to a core of four or five receivers. “We’re not going to play eight guys,” Shannon said. The coach would like to see further development from rising junior Travis Benjamin, who finished second on the team with 501 receiving yards. “He has speed and everything else,” Shannon said. “But sometimes guys have to mature and understand it’s not all about speed. It’s technical stuff. Now has Travis come a long ways? A long ways. But it’s like Santana Moss’ first year. You would see glimpses one minute then you would be wondering, where is he at? Guys get into it after their second year because they understand the whole concept. I can see him blossoming and taking that next step.” Shannon is also high on rising 6-foot-6 sophomore Tommy Streeter, who shined in limited action last season. Shannon said he loves Streeter’s attitude. “You can’t tell Streeter, ‘Great job,’ because he’ll look at you like, ‘Why is that a great job? I’m supposed to do that,’” Shannon said. “That’s his mentality. We expect big things for him this spring.” By the way, Kendal Thompkins is sticking at receiver even though he would have a better shot to play if he switched to defensive back.

TIGHT ENDS: The only players at this position currently on the roster are senior Richard Gordon and redshirt freshman Billy Sanders. Gordon, who redshirted last season, has a chance to secure the starting position with a good spring. “Richard has grown up, he’s graduated,” Shannon said. “He’s matured a lot. You don’t seem him being on a lot of different lists like [missing] study hall and things like that. He’s attentive, he’s understanding, he’s on time. His mental maturity has caught up with his physical maturity. Physically, he’s god. He’s not as fluid as Jimmy Graham, but he’s a bigger version of Dedrick Epps. He’s just got to prove it on the field now.”

OFFENSIVE LINE: Center, Shannon admits, is “a real concern.” Rising junior Tyler Horn has played little and back-up Shane McDermott, the Palm Beach Central grad, is a true freshman who enrolled at UM in January. “One of those two guys has to prove it,” Shannon said. “If they don’t prove it, then we have to draft somebody from another position.“ That somebody would likely be rising sophomore Brandon Washington, who will initially compete for a starting job at guard with Joel Figueroa (out this spring while recovering from shoulder surgery) and Harland Gunn. The other opening on the offensive line is at right tackle where Ben Jones and Jermaine Johnson will compete. “One of those guys has to step up,” Shannon said. “Both are big, athletic and been in the system. They’re physical, tough kids but [have] virtually no experience. Those kids have something in them, the mindset of, ‘I may not have much experience, but I’m not going to let my teammates down.’ I kind of see that in those two guys.” Orlando Franklin will remain at left tackle, where he started twice last season. Asked what Franklin proved in his short stint at tackle, Shannon replied, “Really nothing. Sometimes he would get beat, sometimes he didn’t. It wasn’t like [Jason] Fox who stuck there from the first day he got here. Orlando is a big kid, athletic and everybody knows he can run. Now he just has to learn the technique part of playing tackle.”

DEFENSIVE LINE: Without question, this should be the strongest part of UM’s defense. There is no shortage of players with starting experience, including end Adewale Ojomo, who returns after missing all of last season following a locker room f!ght that left him with a broken jaw. “He’s gotten up to 255, 260 [pounds],” Shannon said. “He has really, really matured. Defensive linemen live on the edge. I’m okay with that. Just don’t fall over the edge.” There’s also plenty of candidates for the starting jobs at defensive tackle. Key to the line’s success will be the return of Marcus Forston, who was redshirted last season because of a series of nagging injuries. Eight returning defensive linemen have started previously at UM.

LINEBACKERS: This could be a real trouble spot for the Hurricanes because of a lack of depth. The coaching staff toyed with moving Colin McCarthy to the middle, but will keep him on the outside because of the absence this spring of outside linebackers Ramon Buchanan (shoulder) and Jordan Futch (knee). Shayon Green is the only middle linebacker on the roster who is on scholarship. Green, whose backup this spring will be a walk-on, missed all of his freshman season with a knee injury. Shannon said there is a possibility McCarthy will shift to middle linebacker in the fall following the expected returns of Buchanan and Futch.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: Depth is also something of a concern with this position group which lost several key contributors including Randy Phillips, Sam Shields and Chavez Grant. Some of that will be offset by the return of senior Ryan Hill, who will battle for playing time at cornerback with Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee and DeMarcus Van Dyke after redshirting last season. Safety is “a position where we have to get more bodies,” Shannon said. Vaughn Telemaque, Ray Ray Armstrong, JoJo Nicolas and Jared Campbell will compete for starting jobs.

KICKER/PUNTER: The Hurricanes have one of the best in college football with Matt Bosher. Jake Wieclaw will get a chance to handle kickoff duties again.
 7 years ago '04        #7045
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Premium Stock Report: 2/15
Feb. 15, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Micheal Barrow (left) and Lamar Miller.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- There is plenty of buzz around the program with spring practices approaching, players changing numbers, Randy Shannon's extension, coaching changes, recruiting, and more.

So let’s get right into what we’ve been hearing from credible sources inside the program as we bring you “Inside The U”.

Spring Practice Update

Spring practices will begin earlier than ever this year with the first practice on February 23 with 15 practices.

The spring game will be held on March 27 at Traz Powell Stadium in Miami with an open mid-spring scrimmage on March 11 that will be held at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale.

Quarterback Jacory Harris is expected to miss the first two weeks of spring practice as he's recovering from thumb surgery on his throwing hand.

OG Joel Figueroa (shoulder) and LBs Jordan Futch (knee) and Ramon Buchanan (shoulder) are expected to miss spring ball.

Newcomers Get Jersey Numbers

There are six early enrollees of the 2010 recruiting class that will be participating in spring practices this year.

The six freshmen have been given their jersey numbers.

Top recruit RB Storm Johnson will wear number 24 after wearing number 5 at Loganville (Ga.) High School. Johnson's roommate LB Tyrone Cornileus will wear No. 50.

Quarterback Stephen Morris will wear No. 17 after wearing No. 12 at Monsignor Pace. Carol City WR Allen Hurns will wear No. 80, Palm Beach Central OL Shane McDermott will wear No. 62, and Milford (N.Y.) Academy OL Malcolm Bunche has been given No. 79.

Running Backs Changing Numbers

Second-year running backs Mike James and Lamar Miller have changed their jersey numbers.

James, who started seven games at fullback last season rushing for 46 yards and catching 15 passes for 105 yards and scoring one touchdown, has changed his number from No. 22 to the coveted No. 5 after the graduation of Javarris James. James will also be switching back to tailback in the spring as 2008 starter Patrick Hill has returned from injury.

The No. 5 jersey was up for grabs and a number of players including WR Tommy Streeter were vocal about wanting to get it after James left, but it was awarded to James.

Johnson wore No. 5 at Loganville and as Miami's top recruit appeared to be in line to receive his high school number after rushing for a school-record 1,937 yards and 31 touchdowns. Fellow standout signee LB Kevin Nelson also wore No. 5 in high school, but will wear No. 52 at Miami.

Miller wore No. 27 last season at UM, but redshirted. He has changed his number to 6 after wearing No. 7 in high school.

James, Miller, and Johnson will be in a heavy competition at tailback this spring with Damien Berry, who led the team with eight touchdowns last season.

Thompkins Staying at WR

Following the season Kendal Thompkins was approached by the coaching staff about switching from wide receiver to cornerback, a position he did not play in high school, and would be playing there this spring.

Rumors began to circulate that Thompkins was against the move and would transfer as opposed to switching to corner like former wide receivers Sam Shields and Ryan Hill did in each of the previous two seasons.

However, Thompkins is staying at wide receiver and staying at UM, for now at least. But given Thompkins' spot on the depth chart--seventh--catching just two balls in each of his first two years and considering how close his decision was in coming to UM, he'll be one to keep a close eye on.

Last spring Thompkins was the biggest surprise catching a number of passes, making a number of guys miss, and scoring a number of touchdowns.

Disappointed About Arthur Brown Situation

It's disappointing to learn that LB Arthur Brown, Miami's top recruit in 2008, has transferred to Butler (Kan.) Community College. The reasons were listed as personal and will now be near his hometown of Wichita.

This is disappointing to hear, not only because Brown did show promise at times in his two years at Miami although he did not see substantial time on the field, but also because of the personal connection I have with a fellow Kansas native. I grew up two hours from Brown and lived in Wichita for a short time so I personally rooted for him to succeed. I developed a very good relationship with his brother Bryce during the recruiting process, I've been to his high school, and have went to their mentor Brian Butler's training programs.

I wasn't the only one pulling for Arthur to succeed as Kansas doesn't produce many Division I athletes so when someone makes it out, they tend to represent the community, the state.

I still wish him the best of luck at Butler, where I've spent plenty of time there as well as my sister went there, but the community colleges in the state are typically where are all in-state athletes go. Arthur was an exception. Hopefully he still is.

Shannon's Extension and 2010 Expectations

Randy Shannon signed a four-year deal when he took over as head coach in 2007.

Since taking over, Shannon has went 5-7, 7-6, and 9-4 for a combined record of 21-17 and has yet to receive an extension yet.

It has been a bit of a surprise that Shannon has not signed a new deal yet as the buzz has been that it would happen after the regular season and even after the bowl game before national signing day.

The reason I'm hearing that Shannon and UM have not come to agreement is that UM's offer would keep him as the lowest-paid coach in the ACC, which Shannon isn't thrilled about. However, look for the two parties to come to some sort of an agreement with a short extension--either two or three years--in the near future.

Shannon has improved the team's win total in the last two years and created plenty of buzz with the program getting the team in the Top 10 rankings during this past season.

However, his 11-13 ACC record and 0-2 bowl record leaves more to be desired at a program with five national titles in the last 30 years and looking for their first BCS bowl-bid since 2003 after four consecutive appearances.

According to sources close to the program, if the Hurricanes don't win their first ACC title this season, then the administration will be looking for a new regime.

New Coaches on the Staff

For the fifth consecutive season, there have been changes on the coaching staff. But at least the coordinators are staying put.

Miami has hired Rick Petri to take over the defensive line coaching responsibilities after Clint Hurtt left his alma mater to coach at Louisville. In talking to people at Kentucky, Petri's last spot, he is going to be a guy that people enjoy and he works hard at his job.

In addition to replacing Hurtt, Shannon brought back Mike Cassano to coach the running backs after Tommie Robinson took a job with the Arizona Cardinals. Cassano was most recently at FIU, but spent three seasons at UM from 2004-06. He also coached with offensive coordinator Mark Whipple at UMass.

With Hurtt out as the recruiting coordinator, wide receivers coach Aubrey Hill, 37, steps in to fill that role. Hill, a former Carol City grad and Florida alum, is in his third year at Miami. He'll be extremely busy this upcoming year with getting a talented group of receivers to play at their potential and looking to sign at least two top-tier wide receiver recruits after only signing one receiver in the past two seasons.

Shannon has stated publicly that Micheal Barrow will be back at UM for his fourth season after flirting with the possibility of coaching at Florida. It would have been a blow to UM if Barrow skipped town for rival UF as Barrow is one of the greatest linebackers to have ever played at Miami and is also a great recruiter. After one year as a defensive a.ssistant coach, he'll resume his role as a linebackers coach.

Recruiting Buzz

With the 2010 signed, sealed, and delivered--assuming there are no academic casualties--it's time to focus on the 2011 class.

While the 2010 recruiting effort has taken a lot of heat for not getting on guys early enough, there has been a lot more emphasis on getting to know the 2011 kids earlier, which UM should be commended for. Now, it's just a matter of staying on guys early as other schools are doing all they can to real in elite talent especially in Miami's backyard.

In my opinion, the top three 2011 prospects in Florida are Tampa Plant ATH James Wilder, Glades Central WR Kelvin Benjamin, and Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater. All three have UM offers and all three are highly considering UM. Wilder and Benjamin have stated Miami is either at the top or near the top and Bridgewater is Miami's top 2011 target.

Quarterback, wide receiver, and defensive line are the three main focuses for the 2011 class.

Roster Limit

With the guys Miami has signed combined with the guys returning, Miami would be at 90 players, five more than the NCAA limit of 85 scholarship players, which means more changes to the roster will happen over the next seven months.

Former Canes Ready to Box

Former Miami Hurricane football players Quadtrine Hill and James Bryant have taken their athleticism to the boxing ring and will be in action Tuesday, February 16 at the Hard Rock Live Arena in Hollywood, Fla.

Hill and Bryant are part of The Heavyweight Factory, an organization that is on the mission to take former athletes in other sports and turn them into heavyweight boxers.

"The heavyweight division is ready for something like this," Hill said. "No one has seen the art, technique and quickness that we have."

The two are part of a f!ght card with eight scheduled f!ghts on Tuesday night, which is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. with Oliver McCall (54-9) as the main event.
 7 years ago '06        #7046
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,723 | Props total: 12271 12271
Damien Berry & Lamar Miller Time Folks
 7 years ago '07        #7047
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Im jus praying for jacory to come back 100% and to make it thru the season

Also praying for minimal injuries thru this offseason......

2010 is our time will we grab it
 7 years ago '04        #7048
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Five Questions Going into Spring Football
Feb. 16, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Orlando Franklin has to lead a young offensive line.
It seems like just yesterday the University of Miami was playing in a bowl game in December. Even more recently was signing day and just like that, guess what is quickly approaching?

For those of you in need of a University of Miami football fix, it’s already here – Spring football.

The ‘Canes are just a week away from the start of Spring football and there are definitely questions that need answering. One question that is has nothing to do with this list is who would become the ‘Canes running back coach. That question was answered last week.

Now, there are far more important things the ‘Canes have to worry about going into the Spring. Here are the top five things to look at.

5. What is going on with the situation at cornerback?

The University of Miami enters the Spring with three legitimate corners on the roster in Brandon Harris, Demarcus Van Dyke and Brandon McGee. The reality is, there is only one solid corner and that’s Harris. Van Dyke has had plenty of ups and downs and McGee struggled to get on the field as a freshman, which shows that he simply wasn’t ready since corner was a position where the ‘Canes had problems at. Anyone else who ends up playing corner in the Spring will be out of necessity and not the reality that anyone on this team is a corner right now, not until the four corners that signed just a couple of weeks ago. Jamal Reid could end up being moved to corner during the Spring, but at the same time, he is needed at safety as the ‘Canes are not tremendously deep at that position either. And how much would it help him to flip flop from position to position? There had been talk of Kendal Thompkins moving to corner, but that seems rather absurd considering he’s probably Miami’s best option at slot receiver and is simply not going to happen. The key will be for the three corners to stay healthy in the Spring and get in plenty of reps and they will because there is no one else who will take reps from them.

4. Will Aldarius Johnson return to his freshman season form?

That’s the all important question. With the emergence of Leonard Hankerson as a solid number one receiver after a fantastic junior year, the ‘Canes need a 1A and there is no 1A at this point. LaRon Byrd is tremendously inconsistent and is simply not aggressive enough right now. Travis Benjamin disappears at times and is really nothing more than a deep threat. He’s certainly not someone most people feel comfortable running over the middle with. Tommy Streeter showed separation ability in the Wisconsin game when he finally got a chance, but the X-factor is Johnson. He had a great freshman year leading the team in receiving, but he simply got too big. There were so many comparisons to Andre Johnson that he literally ballooned to Andre Johnson’s size at around 225-230 pounds, but he has a completely different frame and needs to play at 200-205 pounds. A.J. doesn’t have tremendous speed, but he does have excellent hands. The injury bug plagued him as well this past season. If he can’t stay healthy, obviously he can’t be the 1A guy Miami needs to step up, but if he can stay healthy and get back down to his proper playing weight, hopefully he will relive his freshman year.

3. With the ‘Canes having lost Arthur Brown and two other linebackers expected to miss Spring practice, what will the ‘Canes do at linebacker?

The linebacker position is another mess. It’s been a mess since Randy Shannon’s first recruiting class that saw him sign nine linebackers. As of today, only three are still linebackers – Sean Spence, Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanan (and that was after Buchanan originally moved to safety as a freshman). Of that class, Zach Kane and Antonio Harper never made it, Brandon Marti was thrown out, Arthur Brown went back home just a couple of weeks ago, Marcus Robinson is playing defensive end (not surprising), and Gavin Hardin is a defensive end. Going into the Spring, Colin McCarthy will move to the middle more so out of necessity than anything, Sean Spence will hopefully go back to weak side linebacker, but with Ramon Buchanan and Jordan Futch expected to miss the Spring with injuries, the strong side spot is wide open to whoever wants it bad enough. This is when you will find out if the ‘Canes are really back or not. Old school Miami, a player steps in and takes the job and the other guys never get it back or even get a chance. The only other two linebackers on the roster are Kylan Robinson and C.J. Holton so whoever doesn’t win the strong side job will be everyone’s backup. Depth is an issue at this position and it is likely that one of the Miami’s 2010 signees will have to ready to play. My expectation is that Kevin Nelson will have to learn on the fly at middle linebacker once he arrives in the Summer, albeit he has to gain at least 20 pounds and get to about 220 pounds.

2. Will Damien Berry finally be the main guy at running back?

What’s going to happen there? There have been reports that Graig Cooper’s injury wasn’t as bad as originally thought and that he could be ready for the Fall. If that’s the case, that is really actually a bad thing because if you polled ‘Canes fans, most of them would prefer that Damien Berry get the majority of the carrier. People are clamoring to hand him the ball 20 times a game and use him as the horse in the backfield he can be. Cooper’s return will also stunt the growth of Lamar Miller who was expected to battle Lee Chambers for the second spot. Miller is a flat out home run hitter. He’s explosive and a game changer who has the ability to be to this team what Frank Gore was as a freshman. If Berry gets the carries he deserves, you will see a reincarnation of Willis McGahee’s magical 2002 season. At the very least, Berry should break 1,000 yards as a senior. But the key is Cooper’s health. Randy Shannon has already shown an affinity to Cooper even though it’s clear who the better more aggressive running back is – Berry. The spring though will more than likely have Berry entering as the number one, Chambers number two and Miller number three. Mike James did a great jump at fullback and truthfully, he should stay at fullback although he is likely going to get reps at running back again with Patrick Hill’s return.

1. The offensive line is obviously the most important part of this team. What is happening there? Who will step in?

This is where it starts and ends. If the offensive line isn’t good, the ‘Canes will be an average team and that’s the reality. The ‘Canes are losing three starters off of last year’s offensive line that probably took 90 percent of the snaps in Jason Fox, A.J. Trump and Matt Pipho. Now, Pipho was the worst starting right tackle the ‘Canes have had in at least 30 years. That draws concern because if there wasn’t a backup that could unseat Pipho, the ‘Canes clearly have an issue there. Tyler Horn is the likely starter at center, but he’s truly green. Orlando Franklin should move to left tackle and lined next to him should be Joel Figueroa, but Figueroa is constantly hurt so if he can’t stay healthy, the guard next to Franklin should be Brandon Washington. And as of right now, Figueroa is likely to miss the Spring. On the right side, if Figueroa is healthy, Washington should line up at right guard with Jermaine Johnson and Ben Jones battling at right tackle. Johnson has all the tools to be really good. Freshman Malcolm Bunche will hopefully be ready to compete immediately as he is already on campus and was a prep school player last year. Other than that, just throw it all in a bag and hopefully someone decides he wants to be a player.
 7 years ago '07        #7049
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
i love coop to death but he has to see that berry starting is better for the team also he would benefit because berry would wear down the defense and then he can come in and be the change of pace back.

coop will go no later than the 3rd rd anyway
 7 years ago '05        #7050
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
man this dude kevin nelson is talkin wreckless every single day on his fb...dude better pan out with that wrecklessness

in other news i just booked my flight tickets to columbus ohio for sept 9-12...180+ leaving tampa (my boy lives there so ima drive up there)
but also found tickets leaving miami at 320+ and ftlauderdale 220+ so get on that if you thinking of going
 7 years ago '06        #7051
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,723 | Props total: 12271 12271
whats he saying famo?

and does anybody have an InsidetheU account? if they can pull those recriting articles
 7 years ago '05        #7052
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
whats he saying famo?

and does anybody have an InsidetheU account? if they can pull those recriting articles
these are just some of the quotes...i guess you can add him on fb if you search for him

Kevin Nelson it's 12 am my twitter blowin up; before i go to bed i wana say this because its the only way to talk to da world, im part of the best fr. class ever to play for the university of miami, n ima give my life every play for the u. n my sqaud. im out,

IM CALL all YALL OUT, PRYOR,LEWIS,PONDER LUC, IM CALLIN EVERYBODY FROM ANY CONFERENCE TO MAKE THIS NEW U DEFENSE LOOK GARBAGE. TRY ALL YOU CAN WE HERE. GET DOWN OR LAY DOWN. THIS NOT JUST INTERNET TALKIN ITS ME ILL TELL ANYBODY THIS IN THERE FACE. YOU SAID YOU GONE SLAP ME IN MY FACE SOME WAY SOME KIND OF FORM OR FASHIN

Kevin Nelson bro, you annd spence hold everything down til i get there, us 3 together, lol we bout to have fun knockin pryor out! lets get this ring. i got your back, i kow u got mines fool! do ya thing (wrote this on colin mccarthys wall)

WATCH YOUR BACK TERRELLE!!!!!!!

"My grandma just ask me" son why are you so into the film and into the weight more than ever and who is the pryor fellow you talking bout" all i said is grandma this game depends on if ima get us out the projects. im humble and respect him as a player but he coming cross a player who dont care i have 9-10 years of anger built up cuz yall cheated i was only 11 now ima man lets get it. leaving for the gym im out fb"

yea just some of his facebook statuses loool
 7 years ago '05        #7053
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
word on the street is there will be no names on our jerseys AGAIN next yr...seriously ?!?
 7 years ago '07        #7054
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
no names on the jerseys untill that natl championship

i like nelsons attitude

we not playin no games

you didnt come to miami because you scared of comp....we got plenty and ready to unload
 02-19-2010, 01:56 AM         #7055
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Im jus praying for jacory to come back 100% and to make it thru the season

Also praying for minimal injuries thru this offseason......

2010 is our time will we grab it

I know if theres another bicep tear or knee injury I'm gonna k!ll someone...
 7 years ago '05        #7056
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Hurricane Ra said:

I know if theres another bicep tear or knee injury I'm gonna k!ll someone...
lmao f**king Lower Extremeties...i swear to god everyone who was injured this yr had some lower extremety
 7 years ago '04        #7057
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
CB Harris Enjoying Track Experience, Ready for Spring Ball
Feb. 19, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Brandon Harris.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Brandon Harris is learning a lot this off-season.

But not necessarily the way you would expect.

Harris, a cornerback who just completed his sophomore season at Miami, has turned his efforts to the track team and is enjoying observing other top athletes in another sport.

He recently took part in the Tyson Invitational, a well-known track meet in Fayetteville, Ark. which features collegiate and professional track athletes.

"I enjoyed Arkansas," Harris said. "It was a good experience to go to a big-time college track meet as an athlete to see some of the big-time names that you see on TV to get a chance to watch them go through their warm-up process to see how focused they are before an event, I think all athletes in all sports can learn from an experience like that."

Harris competed in the 400 meter dash and started off well before he got tripped up and did not finish.

"I was in the lead after the first lap, then everyone has to cut in and we all sort of made a pile up," said Harris, who ran a 49.28 in the first indoor track meet at Penn State. "There were six guys in the race and maybe one or two finished. We went down like dominoes."

Harris said he received a couple cuts and bruises from the incident, but nothing serious.

"I was disappointed," he added. "It was finally my first opportunity to be in the position that I wanted to be in the race. I thought I was going to walk out of there with a good time, a good finish."

Harris' older brother Tim Harris was a track star at Miami and although he does not have the same track credential as Tim, Brandon still enjoys participating in track.

"Track helps me so much (with football), just keeping a competitive edge competing against some of the best of the best and staying in shape," he said. "Being able to compete at a high level and keeping my body weight where I want it to be at and just working on my turn over and my foot speed."

Most cornerbacks would be running the shorter sprint races such as the 60-meters (indoor) or 100-meters (outdoor), but Harris enjoys running the 400.

"It's a lot different (than a spring)," Harris said. "It's a heart race. I look at it like this. When I'm running the 400, I look it like when I'm on the field and it's fourth down and we need a stop, it's a passing down, and they are going to throw to my side. It's easy to let him catch it just like in the 400 it's easy to stop and slow down, but you have to have a lot of heart to finish and compete."

Harris and the Hurricanes finished the 2009 season with a 9-4 record, a two-win improvement from the previous year, and finished 19th in the AP poll despite a loss to Wisconsin in the Champs Sports Bowl.

"With the bowl game loss, it was obviously a disappointment, but at the same time I've had a chance to reflect on the season with my coaches and my teammates, we had a lot of fun out there," said Harris, who was named a third-team All-American. "We made a lot of good plays on offense and defense. We made some pretty good strides from my freshman year to my sophomore year. With the way we have been working I feel everybody is ready for spring, ready to stop talking about how good of a season we are going to have and start showing people."

Spring football starts on Tuesday for the Hurricanes, which is something Harris is looking forward to.

"I'm looking forward to it tremendously," he said. "I know a lot of fans in Miami are looking forward to it. We've been out of it for two months, but it came around fast. Spring ball is fun and is a time to gel with your teammates. Offense against defense, you don't have to worry about the scheme, just basic offense and defense and worrying about going out there and competing and having fun. We are teammates off the field, but on the field we are two different teams and that's how we want to make it, with more competition."

Harris improved as a sophomore as he finished third on the team with 58 tackles. He also had two interceptions, three forced fumbles, and 15 pass breakups.

"I want to be more of a guy when the defense needs a play, I can be a guy that is counted on that can change the game in some tight situations and steal a game," Harris said. "I think I have had some opportunities last year. I've made some good plays, but I want to strive to make the great plays and be one of the guys that is remembered when I leave here."

If Harris stays on the path, he'll surely be remembered.
 7 years ago '04        #7058
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
RB Hart: Its All About The U
Feb. 19, 2010

By: David Lake

Demetrius Hart.
Orlando Dr. Phillips running back Demetrius Hart makes big plays no matter how you get the ball in his hands.

In the running game, Hart (5-9, 185) totaled 950 yards and 12 touchdowns, in the passing game he finished with 1,100 yards and eight touchdowns, and on special teams he returned seven kicks for touchdowns.

Hart helped lead Dr. Phillips to an undefeated regular season before they were bounced out of the playoffs in the second round in a five overtime game against Apopka.

“It was a pretty good season,” Hart said. “We went undefeated during the regular season and then we played Apopka and lost in five overtimes. This year my only goal is to just go to State and win. I just want to get that state title before I go to college.”

Hart, who has been timed at a 4.43 in the 40 says he is doing workouts every day to improve his speed and strength for his senior season.

“I have been working out hard,” Hart said. “For my upper body workouts I have been doing Barry Sanders old workouts and for my legs workouts I do Devin Hester’s workouts. I am just training hard to get ready for my senior season.”

Florida State, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Auburn, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Stanford, UCF, FIU, FAU and Duke are the schools Hart has offers from at this point. He talked about what schools are currently showing him the most interest.

“Auburn, Michigan, and Florida are the schools who I would say are coming at me the hardest right now,” Hart said.

Hart has heard from Miami a.ssistant Aubrey Hill and he says he would be excited to be recruited by the Hurricanes because he grew up a fan of UM.

“I am not sure if Miami has offered me, but I have been talking to coach Aubrey Hill a little bit,” Hart said. “He tells me that they like my ability as a running back to make big plays and that I can also come in and be a kick returner or punt returner too.”

“I am very interested in Miami. It is all about the U (laughs). I grew up a fan of Miami. I started to really follow football when they were really, really good in the early 2000s so I liked those teams.”

Hart attended the Miami-Oklahoma game last season and he sees the Hurricanes heading in a positive direction. Hart says he would like to attend Miami’s spring game this year.

“I think they did good,” Hart said of Miami’s season. “I know they would have liked to have done more this year, but they are a young team and I look for big things from them this year. I liked the atmosphere at the Oklahoma game. I was able to talk to the guys on the team in the locker room after the game so that was cool.”

Hart has a couple of highly rated teammates in safety Hasean Clinton-Dix and linebacker LaQuentin Smith at Dr. Phillips and he says the trio is very interested in furthering their playing career together at the next level.

“We are all trying to go to the same school,” Hart said. “We are real close, so that is something we are all real interested in doing.”

Hart plans to enroll early at his future school. His GPA is currently a 3.7.
 7 years ago '04        #7059
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
WR Rogers Visits UM, Meets Shannon
Feb. 19, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Eli Rogers.
Northwestern wide receiver Eli Rogers doesn’t hide the fact that he grew up a Miami fan but he was a little disappointed that he had yet to hear from the Canes.

Rogers (5-10, 170) decided to approach things a little differently and initiate contact by checking out Miami himself with teammates Teddy Bridgewater and Jermaine Reve.

“I had went to the ‘U’ this past weekend and Coach Randy Shannon was talking to me and they said they were going to offer me,” Rogers said. “Me and Teddy and Jermaine had gone to FIU to take some pre-season All-America pictures. Then we roamed around the campus and we decided to go over to the ‘U’ after that. We talked to the coaches at Miami and talked to some of the players we know.”

It wasn’t the first time Rogers had ever been on Miami’s campus, but it was the first time he felt like he was there as a Miami recruit.

“It was not my first time on the campus but it was my first time really engaging with all the coaches,” Rogers said. “We went over some aspects of the college level so that was a good experience for me to listen and learn about.”

The most impressive thing Rogers learned about Miami’s program is the way it prepares players to move on to success in the NFL.

“It’s a program that’s going to prepare you for the next level,” Rogers said. “Other programs mainly run spread but the ‘U’ don’t run spread all the time. In college, if the offense runs from under the center, it’s a much bigger chance for you to get to the next level. If the offense can throw the ball from the spread and run from under center, that’s just another addition. As a receiver in the NFL and at the ‘U’, they run a lot of crossing routes and sitting in the zone routes. That’s good for me because that’s my type of playing. It’s all about being in the zone, finding the open space, catching the ball, and having the opportunity to make big plays.”

On the high school front, Rogers is preparing to become the number one option at receiver with Michaelee Harris off to Louisville and Lorenzo Shinhoster graduating.

“I think things will be easier but yet harder too because a lot of people know about me now,” Rogers said. “They know that I’m the main receiver returning so they might try to double team me and things like that. I said I think it will be easier because last year was really my first year getting experience. Now it should be easier to get open and run my routes. I’m expecting myself to improve my speed, get more separation from the defenders, and get over one thousand yards receiving.”

Rogers had 35 catches for 551 yards and 11 touchdowns last year but that should improve with another year to improve his connection with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

“Me and Teddy, our connection is great on and off the field and we work out every day,” Rogers said. “Our timing is good and we’re just getting better and better as we go along. You can never have too much timing though, perfect timing is the best timing. It’s not perfect yet but it’s almost there. If we go to the same college, that (timing) will be one main factor that we already have over everybody.”
 7 years ago '04        #7060
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
South Carolina WR Peake Has UM Offer
Feb. 19, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Charone Peake.
Wide receiver Charone Peake from Dorman High in Roebuck, South Carolina, is one of most highly sought after juniors in the Palmetto State.

After reeling in 52 passes for 881 yards and 9 touchdowns, Peake (6-3, 191) has at least twenty offers and a few schools that are standing out off the bat.

“I think I have around twenty now but it might be even more,” Peake said. “The schools I like the most are Clemson, Georgia, Florida, and Notre Dame. Some other offers I have are Tennessee, LSU, Oklahoma, California, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Miami.”

Peake is taking the recruiting process pretty slowly at this point and just waiting for things to develop. He hopes to visit Clemson this weekend but he has a playoff game for basketball so it may not work out. He has already been to Florida and hopes to check out Notre Dame as well in the next few months.

Miami is not a new offer for Peake and he talked about his brief interaction with Coach Hill and what he knows about the program.

“Miami offered a couple months back and I talked to one of their coaches a long time ago,” Peake said. “I think it was the receivers coach (Coach Hill) who said that I need to get down there for a visit.”

Peake saw a couple of Miami’s games this past season and he was impressed by the play of quarterback Jacory Harris.

“Miami’s a pretty good program and I know they get a lot of guys in the NFL but that’s all I know,” Peake said. “I wouldn’t say I followed them when I was younger but I watched them sometimes. I saw a couple of their games this year and I know Jacory Harris is a good quarterback. He got the ball around to all of the receivers they got.”

Peake went on to talk about what he’s looking for in a school as well as where he stand with location since he is looking at some schools that are closer to home.

“Well first I want to make sure that the school has good academics and a good coaching staff,” Peake said. “It has to be somewhere that I want to be. Location really doesn’t matter to me, I can go anywhere that is close or far.”

Peake also had a standout sophomore year with 16 catches for 259 yards and 3 touchdowns along with 31 carries for 414 yards and 5 more touchdown.
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago