Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ΄CHAIN !!!!!
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-27-2007, 10:04 PM         #681
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dvd dont know what he want to do ,hope he's a cane...............
 01-28-2007, 01:54 AM         #682
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
January 26, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI OFFICIAL VISITORS
Weekend of Jan. 27
Note that this is not an official list. There can be surprise visitors, and some expected visitors may change their plans. Stay tuned to CaneSport.com as visits wrap up Sunday for all the news from the weekend.

Damien Berry
Belle Glade (FL) Glades Central
S ranking: No. 11
Florida ranking: No. 15

Level of Interest: High

The Skinny: Berry is a solid Cane commitment and must spend the weekend making sure his teammate who is on the fence -- WR Deonte Thompson -- has a great time in Miami. If Berry can help the Canes land his big cousin it would be huge for this UM class.

Lee Chambers
Coffeeville (MS) Coffeeville
All-purpose back ranking: No. 9
Mississippi Top 25 ranking: No. 13

Level of Interest: Low/Medium

The Skinny: With two running backs already on board and the Canes currently on the outside looking in at landing Chambers, it's hard to see this Coffeeville native picking UM in the end.

Leonard Hankerson
Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
WR ranking: No. 44
Florida ranking: No. 79

The Skinny: This will be the only visit for this Hurricane commitment, and his big task at UM in the eyes of many will be if he can help sway teammate and close friend Major Wright to the Canes. If that happens Hankerson's visit will be a major success.

Marquis Maze
Birmingham (AL) Tarrant
Athlete ranking: No. 67
Alabama Top 25 ranking: No. 25

Level of Interest: Medium

The Skinny: The Canes have a shot here in this battle with Tennessee and Alabama. A solid visit and Miami will be in decent shape to land his signature on signing day.

Taurus McKinley
WR ranking: No. 66

The Skinny: McKinley is a Cane commitment and he, along with Damien Berry, needs to work on showing Deonte Thompson that the three of them can make a big impact together at Miami.

Chris Perry
Keller (TX) Fossil Ridge
DT ranking: No. 25
Texas ranking: No. 22

The Skinny: Perry made waves when he decommitted from Nebraska to Miami earlier this week (yes, he was a Cane commitment even earlier). His visit is a mere formality. He will be a Cane.

Chris Summers
Jacksonville (FL) Ribault
WR ranking: NR

Level of Interest: Medium/High

The Skinny: This soft Louisville commitment may flip-flop if coach Randy Shannon offers him a scholarship at the end of his Hurricane visit. At 6-foot-6 he's got plenty of upside, but his speed is a concern. He ran a 5.0 time at the Nike Combine and has been timed by his coach in the 4.6-4.7 range.

Deonte Thompson
WR ranking: No. 8
Rivals100 ranking: No. 49

The Skinny: Along with Major Wright, Thompson is a huge priority in this recruiting class. He must have a tremendous visit this weekend for the Canes to land him, but there is certainly a chance he winds up at UM. Miami must sell him on his chance for significant immediate playing time, and Patrick Nix and Marquis Mosely must spend every waking hour showing Thompson lots of love.

Major Wright
Fort Lauderdale (FL) Saint Thomas Aquinas
S ranking: No. 2
Rivals100 ranking: No. 43

The Skinny: The Hurricanes have a lot of ground they need to make up if they want to land Wright. He is a major priority for this class but it will take a perfect visit for the Canes to have a realistic chance of landing him.

good article ra
 01-28-2007, 02:03 AM         #683
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good article ra
 01-28-2007, 02:04 AM         #684
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks my n*gga, also Cane fans I just read that the coaches told a QB there not recruiting a second QB this year, which would make me believe Marve is a silent commit. I really hope its true, Marve is the real deal and outside of Clausen he would be my number 1 choice out of any QB. You dont put up those numbers in that state and not be a straight G
 01-28-2007, 09:58 AM         #685
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only time will tell..........
 10 years ago '04        #686
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 dade4sho said:
dvd dont know what he want to do ,hope he's a cane...............
dude is a Cane. he announces next tuesday i think at his school.

there would be no reason to have it since he has already publically committed to florida .

C-A-N-E.
 01-28-2007, 11:57 AM         #687
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

January 28, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Birmingham (AL) Tarrant High School athlete Marquis Maze says his official visit to Miami "went well."

He says he is down to Miami, Alabama and Tennessee and is set to announce a decision this week.

Is he giving out any hints as to his frontrunner?

"Right now they're all sort of even," he said.

Maze says the Hurricanes are recruiting him as a slot receiver and returner on special teams.

"I met with coach (Randy) Shannon today –- that went well," Maze said. "They want me to come there, and he was telling me about himself, things like that."

Maze says Shannon never flat-out asked if he would be coming to Miami.

Asked to rate the visit overall from 1 to 10, Maze said, "I'd give it an 8."

The best part of the visit?

"Just being out with the guys," he said. "My host was Glenn Sharpe -- he's a cool guy."

Of his upcoming decision that's expected in the next several days, Maze said, "Miami has a chance -– they have a pretty good chance.

"I'll talk things over with my mom."

Maze's roommate on the visit was Damien Berry.

"He's a cool dude," Maze said. "Everyone had a great time."

01-28-2007, 11:59 AM         #688
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

January 28, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Chris Summers bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Jacksonville (Fla.) Ribault High School WR Chris Summers took his Miami visit this weekend.

And, even though he's a Louisville commitment, he left feeling good about the chances he'll wind up a Cane.

"There's a great chance I'll wind up there," he said. "They're leading by a little bit."

Summers says he wants to talk things over with his parents tonight before making a final decision.

He says he won't publicly announce anything until signing day.

"I want to take everyone by surprise what I'm going to do," he says.

One potential obstacle to him being a Cane: The 6-foot-6, 200-pounder wants to be a wide receiver in college, which is the position Louisville is recruiting him to play.

But Miami coaches told him this weekend that they want him at tight end.

"That's something I have to think about, because I want to play wide receiver," he said.

Of his overall take on the visit, Summers said, "It went pretty well. I liked the campus, everything around.

"I talked to coach (Randy) Shannon last night. He asked what I thought, said don't let anyone pressure you in what school you go to. Go where you want to go."

Summers says one of his highlights of the visit was "seeing the new jerseys they're going to wear."

Summers says he hasn't received an official scholarship offer letter from Miami yet but says his understanding is he has an offer.

"Coach Shannon told me they really want me to come to their school," Summers said. "He said go home and talk to my parents.

"I'm committed to Louisville, but that could change."

Summers spoke more about the visit:

"Friday we got here, went to the athletic department, talked to coach Shannon, had lunch, took a tour of the campus," he said. "We went out afterward with the players. My host was Dajleon Farr –- he's pretty funny, I liked him.

"Yesterday we went to the (players') apartments and saw how they are, then went to lunch and came to the hotel. Then we went to South Beach a little while, had dinner with the coaches. Then we went out with the players again."

Asked to rate the visit, Summers said, "I'd give it a 9 or 10. I really liked it."
 01-28-2007, 12:00 PM         #689
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

January 28, 2007

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School DB and Cane commitment Damien Berry took his official visit to Miami this weekend.

"It was real good, nice," Berry said. "Most of the recruits had a good time -- the recruits hung out together most of the time, so it was hard not to have a good time.

"For me it was what I expected it to be and a little more."

Berry recounted how the recruits were wowed when they saw Edgerrin James and Ray Lewis walking in front of the Hecht Athletic Center.

"That was a highlight for me," Berry said.

Berry was hosted by DT Luqman Abdallah -- "He was cool," Berry said. "We spent most of the time with Randy Phillips (who is the brother of Berry's teammate Taurus McKinley)."

Berry says the recruits did not visit the Orange Bowl.

They were all addressed by Randy Shannon when they first arrived.

"He preached academics," Berry said.

Berry met individually with coach Tim Walton yesterday.

"He said I could play either safety or corner," Berry said. "He said there's a good possibility I'll play right away."

Berry and his parents met with Shannon this morning.

"He just said to get down there," Berry said.

Berry's father is former Cane Kenny Berry.

"My parents loved it," Berry said.

* Berry roomed with Marquis Maze and said, "He liked it."

He said teammate Deonte Thompson really enjoyed his time in Miami.

"It was great -- he loved it," Berry said.

But Berry says he wouldn't be able to hazard a guess where Thompson will wind up.

Sources told CaneSport before the visit that Thompson was leaning toward Florida.

"I don't know what's going to happen," Berry said.

Berry also said Major Wright had a great time on the visit.

"I spent the whole night with him (Saturday) –- he's real cool," Berry said.

* Berry said that expected visitors Taurus McKinley and Leonard Hankerson did not take their visits this weekend. Berry, who is teammates with McKinley, says the Belle Glades WR expects to take his official visit this coming weekend.

"He's set up for next week," Berry said.
 01-28-2007, 12:01 PM         #690
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now thats what im talking about Ray n Edge on campus, hopefully we can get Deonte and Major.. If the kid from Texas chooses Florida over LSU Deonte is a lock for us, even still I think we can get him
 01-28-2007, 12:32 PM         #691
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
another god damn wide reciever :banghead:

one of these guys better step up as the newest #1 offensive target

its not often you get a shot to be the go to guy with little competition
 01-28-2007, 01:24 PM         #692
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 28, 2007

Related Links:
Lee Chambers bioVideo highlights

Coffeeville (MS) High School RB Lee Chambers arrived at Miami as a Mississippi State commitment.

After returning from the UM visit he was asked if he's still a Mississippi State commitment.

His answer?

"Right now I don't know what to think," he said. "I won't know until signing day."

He says the Hurricanes "have a good chance," and says he's down to UM, Mississippi State and Alabama.

The reason the Canes remain in the mix is a visit that he called "great."

"I have to give it a 10," he said. "The weather was good, I hung out with the players. I just liked seeing all the different parts of Miami."

There were a couple of firsts for Chambers on the visit.

He had never before been in an airplane, and he'd never seen the ocean.

"This was my first time on a plane -- I was nervous when we hit the air bubbles in the sky that made the plane shake, but otherwise it was okay," he said. "At the beach I took my shoes off and walked in the sand. I said `I can spend a lot of my days down here just relaxing.'"

Chambers met with coach Randy Shannon last night because he had an early-morning flight today.

"They see me as not just a running back, but an all-purpose back who can do kickoff and punt returns, line up in the slot, do it all -- catch the ball out of the backfield," Chambers said.

Chambers says Hurricane commitments on the visit were pushing for him to join them at UM.

"I hung out with Chris Perry a lot -- he's a comedian, just funny in general," Chambers said. "He was trying to get me to come to Miami. All the commitments kept asking me every time we'd see something spectacular, `Have you made your mind up yet?'"

* Chambers was hosted by Javarris James.

"He's a cool, down to earth guy," Chambers said.

* Chambers took the visit with his high school coach, David Baughman.

"I really wanted him to take this visit and give him an opportunity to see some things he hadn't gotten to see before," Baughman said. "It went really well."

Baughman is helping guide Chambers in his college decision.

"No. 1 first and foremost is his education," Baughman said of what he would like to see in a college for Chambers. "If he goes to Miami or wherever, getting a quality education is important. And No. 2, he has aspirations of playing in the league someday. What better place to do that than at Miami?"
 01-28-2007, 01:25 PM         #693
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 28, 2007

Related Links:
Daniel Adderley bio

Simpsonville (SC) Southside Christian Schools WR and Hurricane commitment Daniel Adderley took his official visit to Miami this weekend.

He had committed sight unseen, so this was his first time at UM.

"It was awesome," he said. "I really enjoyed it. It was what I expected and a lot more –- just the campus was really nice, the way the staff treated us, it was pretty welcoming. They took good care of us."

Adderley says he is not taking a visit next weekend and that it's a done deal he'll be a Hurricane.

"A lot of the players seemed to be pretty happy about me committing, are looking forward to me coming in as a freshman and helping them out any way I can," the 6-foot-6, 215-pounder said.

Adderley and his parents met with coach Randy Shannon last night -– Adderley had an early flight this morning.

"We talked a little bit, it was good to get to know him," Adderley said. "My parents got all their questions answered. He just wants me to come down there and work hard like everyone else, see how I progress."

Adderley's host was H-back Chris Zellner.

"He showed me around, told me about the university," Adderley said. "He's a pretty cool guy. I met a lot of good teammates while I was down there.

"Ian Symonette I knew from (growing up in) the Bahamas -– I got to talk to him a little bit. I asked him how it was at Miami and he told me some good things, how it'll be for me as a freshman and all that."

The highlight of the visit?

"Just hanging out with the players and seeing the campus," Adderley said. "That's what I was most interested in. Yes, South Beach was cool, but I really liked the campus and facilities and seeing where I'll be devoting the next four years of my life to. I enjoyed that a lot."

Adderley spent some time with coach Marquis Mosely on Saturday (he said, to his knowledge, new offensive coordinator Patrick Nix was not on campus).

"We just met with coach Mosely and he talked about the kind of coach he is going to be and he was real straightforward," Adderley said. "I really appreciated that he doesn't beat around the bush, is into discipline. That's what I like. He said what he expects from us a little bit, talked about his coaching style, the way he views football and how he takes care of his players. He devotes a lot of his time to us and I found that pretty cool."
 01-28-2007, 01:28 PM         #694
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 28, 2007

Related Links:
Leonard Hankerson bioVideo highlights

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School WR and Hurricane commitment Leonard Hankerson took his official visit to Miami this weekend.

Or, more accurately, his half-visit.

"I came down late because I had to take the SAT on Saturday morning -- I didn't get here till Saturday afternoon," Hankerson said.

He says the visit "went well."

Sam Shields was his host -– "he's pretty cool," Hankerson said.

Of course, Hankerson's big mission this weekend was to make sure teammate Major Wright had a good time.

The two spent Saturday night together.

"He liked it very much," Hankerson said.

But Hankerson says he has no idea what avenue Wright is leaning toward when it comes to college.

"I don't know where he'll go," Hankerson said.

A highlight: Hankerson and Wright ran into several former Canes while on the visit.

"We saw Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee, Warren Sapp," he said. "I was like, `It's pretty cool to see those guys.'"

Hankerson met with coach Randy Shannon today before leaving campus.

"It went pretty well," Hankerson said. "We were just talking about how I'm doing, how my son (who is 11 months old) is doing and what's going on at Miami."

This was Hankerson's only visit.

He says it's a done deal that he'll sign with Miami on Feb. 7.

* Hankerson said he needs 70 points on the SAT to qualify.

"I have a tutor that's helping me out," he said.

Hankerson says he's scored as high as a 1030 on practice exams, so he's optimistic he'll get the 820 score he needs.
 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM         #695
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 28, 2007

Related Links:
Chris Perry bioVideo highlights

Keller (TX) High School DT and Cane commitment Chris Perry now says he knows he made the right choice to re-commit to Miami after decommitting to Nebraska.

What made him realize that?

A visit to UM this weekend.

"It was awesome," he said. "I didn't know the visit was going to be that great. That visit was off the hook.

"I know I made the right choice. I always knew I wanted to go to Miami."

A highlight: "I got to see Ray Lewis. That was enough for me. I was so happy."

Another highlight: Taking a walk in Coconut Grove with coach Randy Shannon after dinner Saturday night.

"I was talking about what went on when I decommitted," said Perry, who says family pressure caused him to decommit. "He said just to stay with it. We had a real down-to-earth conversation."

Perry also spent a lot of time with coach Clint Hurtt during the visit.

"We have always been cool," Perry said. "He's like a big brother, is going to push me hard. And I'm going to give him the best of me."

Perry says he spent a lot of time with fellow recruit Lee Chambers as well as host Calais Campbell.

"I also spent time with Major (Wright) and Deonte (Thompson)," Perry said. "I didn't want to pressure them, just asked how they felt about the visit. They had a good time."

* Perry says he loved Miami's new uniforms, which have yet to be unveiled to the public.

"The coolest part was the wind pants -- they're orange and are a swim trunk material," he said. "I freaked out when I saw it."

* Perry says he would like to wear No. 99 at Miami. But he hasn't asked for that number yet.

"I don't want coaches to think I'm a prima donna," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #696
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
man i can't wait til the season starts

fu*k.
 01-28-2007, 09:05 PM         #697
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 28, 2007

Related Links:
Deonte Thompson bioVideo highlights

Thompson is one of the nation's best uncommitted wide receivers.
Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School WR Deonte Thompson is a major priority for this Hurricane recruiting class.

And he gave his weekend visit to UM high marks.

"I would give it about a 9.5," he said. "It was good, man.

"The best part was just hanging out with the guys. My host was Randy Phillips. I spent a lot of time with everybody."

Thompson says Hurricane coaches showed him a lot of love.

He said the coach he spent the most time with while on campus was receivers coach Marquis Mosely.

"He just was showing me some plays and saying how he wanted to use me," Thompson said. "He said you can come in and work for early playing time."

He met with coach Randy Shannon this morning.

"We just were chilling," Thompson said. "He's a real cool guy. He's a great guy."

Thompson says he expects an in-home visit from Mosely and Tim Walton later this week.
He said Shannon has already taken an in-home visit with him.

The big question, of course, is where the Canes stand in Thompson's recruiting picture.

He says he doesn't want to give out too many hints, as he's looking for a signing day surprise. Thompson says he will not announce this week, as some had expected.

"It will be on signing day," he says.

About the only hint he'll give out is this: "Right now I think people will be shocked at what I decide."

Thompson says he has a final four of Miami, Florida, Ohio State and USC.

He also said he "might" take an unofficial visit to Florida State this weekend.

But he says the previous four schools are at the top of his list right now.

"They're just bunched together right now," he said.

Thompson spoke more about his top four:

Florida -– "I just like Florida," he said. "They're a good environment. I like the coaches and everything."

Miami -– "I like Miami. It's close to home, a good environment also."

Ohio State –- "I like that it's full of good people. It's real nice up there."

USC -- "I like USC -– it's cool up there, the coaches are real down-to-earth."
 01-29-2007, 11:25 AM         #698
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 29, 2007

Related Links:
Demarcus VanDyke bioVideo highlights

Pace High School DB Demarcus VanDyke says he's planning a "signing day shocker."

But that's about all he'll say.

"I'm not doing any more interviews until then," he says.

It appears to be a Miami-Florida battle. Most recently he was a UF commitment, decommitting from Miami before saying he'd be a Gator.

So which side will he wind up on Feb. 7?

It appears he knows, but he's not saying.

What is known: He's a heck of a prospect.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pounder who has 4.4-second speed finished his senior season with 56 tackles and seven interceptions (one returned for a touchdown). He also caught 21 passes for 417 yards.

As a junior he had 12 passes broken up, four interceptions and two kickoff returns for touchdowns. He played receiver sparingly that year and had eight receptions for 197 yards.

"He has the height that everyone's looking for along with the athleticism and speed," Pace coach Joe Zaccheo said. "He has the combination you rarely find, all the traits that lead to great corner -- height, speed, athleticism and toughness. I think he's one of the best we've produced. He reminds me of (former Cane) Mo Sikes' mentality but with more speed and bigger size. This kid's 6-1 and has the potential to get thick. He's still growing. He's quick and has a better understanding of football than a lot of the kids that have come out in recent years."
 01-29-2007, 11:26 AM         #699
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 29, 2007

Related Links:
Joseph Nicolas bioVideo highlights

Many Hurricane recruitniks wrote off Homestead High School DB Joseph Nicolas when he recently reaffirmed his Rutgers commitment.

Not so fast.

Nicolas says the Hurricanes still have a chance to land him.

"I'm still a little bit open," he says. "It's not very big, pretty small."

He says there's nothing UM can do at this point to increase the chances of him going to Coral Gables.

It's just a process he plans to go through before putting any pen to paper on signing day.

"I just have to sit down and think about where I'm going to go," he said.

Nicolas said the distance factor won't play a big role.

"My parents say it's all up to me," he says.

Nicolas says he sees positives and negatives with both Rutgers and Miami.

"There's not too much of an advantage over Miami -- they both have great schools," he said.

Miami is certainly making a full-court press for Nicolas.

Coach Randy Shannon paid him an in-home visit last Wednesday.

"He talked to my family, came by the house," Nicolas said. "He was here a good hour. He let us know everything about him, was saying that it would be a great experience to come there."

Defensive backs coach Tim Walton is paying Nicolas an in-home visit this week.

"We have good relationship," Nicolas said. "He's a good person and a great coach."

Nicolas says he doesn't expect to know for sure where he's going until the day before signing day.

"That's when I'll have my mind made up," he said.

Asked to put a percent chance on winding up a Cane, Nicolas said, "I can't put a percent on it, but they have a chance."

As a senior Nicolas had 32 receptions for over 400 yards with six touchdowns. On defense he had four force fumbles and an interception. He also returned three kicks for touchdowns.

"Both Miami and Rutgers said they'd let me play cornerback and free safety," Nicolas said.
 01-29-2007, 06:51 PM         #700
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dt And Dvd Need To Be Canes !!!!!!!!!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy