Image(s) inside There's no need for us to rush it through, ohhh
7 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
She's making it clap, just for Boxden
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Not even a fan of Rihanna but....
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
271 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #6961
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,043 | Props total: 639 639
supposedly latwans arrival mighta been delayed cuz his parents couldnt afford to fly him down...so im a.ssuming thats not the case ne more
 7 years ago '05        #6962
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

The biggest shock that East Texan Jordan ``Chase'' Ford has encountered in his two months in Miami did not come from a linebacker sending him sprawling or a safety slamming him silly.
No, the biggest shock was even more rattling than that.
``Me and my mom and my grandparents went to South Beach for a little bit when I came here to report in late June,'' Ford said in his thick Texas drawl. ``Honestly, the strangest thing I've seen was a man sleeping underneath a tree and he didn't have nothin' on but one of them little, tight bathing suits.
``Wooooh! I ain't never seen nothing like that.''
And likewise, it's becoming more evident by the day that University of Miami football coaches have not seen anyone like tight end Ford around these parts in some time.
The refreshingly different Ford, 20, is a polite, unassuming young man who just happens to attract footballs like a 6-6,255-pound magnet -- or so they say.
The Hurricanes' fall camp has been mostly off limits for media-viewing, but this Kilgore (Texas) Junior College transfer is regularly being compared to former UM great Jeremy Shockey, who had striking similarities when he transferred from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College.
``He reminds me a lot of Shockey,'' coach Randy Shannon said. ``One of my buddies in Texas called me and told me about Chase. When you have a guy that has been the MVP of the Texas league who plays tight end, that sure tells you a lot about him. We knew about his athletic ability, we knew about his toughness, but the mental part of it -- he came out and learned it. We're sure excited about him.''
So excited that Ford has all but officially earned a spot as one of two newcomers who will join senior tight end Richard Gordon in an offense that will utilize up to three tight ends weekly.
``I guess you can say Richard took me under his wing,'' Ford said of Gordon, who has four catches in his career. ``He's a great guy to hang out with. The way we see it, I can be the man who catches the passes and he can be the man who does his own blocking -- like a team.''
COMPARISON AN HONOR
Ford has never met Shockey, but said he feels ``blessed'' to be compared.
Shockey and Ford played in the Southwest Junior College Conference. In 1999, Shockey earned first-team conference honors with 33 catches for 484 yards and seven touchdowns. In 2009, Ford caught 34 passes for 571 yards and three touchdowns to earn Most Valuable Player.
Shockey was listed as 6-5, 236 pounds when he reported to UM in August 2000. Ford reported at ``about 245,'' but has been eating everything he can get his hands on in the UM cafeteria, and painstakingly working out to improve his strength, and ultimately, blocking ability.
``When I graduated high school I was about 205,'' Ford said. ``They said my body would start growing soon enough.''
And Shockey and Ford were relative unknowns on the national scene in high school: Shockey, out of Ada, Okla. (population about 16,000); and Ford, out of Corrigan, Texas (population just under 1,700).
``Corrigan is a little-bitty town,'' said Ford, a psychology major. ``It's not really country, like if all you saw were cattle, because in town you've got houses just like any other inner city. We have one stoplight and two local Mexican restaurants and a Sonic and Texas Burger.''
Like Shockey, Ford was a full qualifier out of high school, but went to junior college to improve his game and get exposure. He said he was offered scholarships only from Football Championship Subdivision Stephen F. Austin and Northwestern State.
``He has a knack for getting open and can really catch the ball,'' UM tight ends coach Joe Pannunzio said. ``It looks like he has put himself in the position to be a very big part -- an integral part -- of our team at tight end.''
Ford's birth father has not seen him since he was 2, he said, and is not part of his life. The man he calls his father, Kris Moore, married his mom, Charity Moore, when Chase was 5. Kris is a locomotive engineer for the MC&SA Railroad -- the oldest (1898) short-line railroad in Texas. He delivers plywood processed by the town's mill, then drives it to the main railroad for bigger engines to deliver the wood to Houston.
``He's pretty laid back,'' Kris said of his son. ``He always loved to play ball, was always outside throwing the ball against the roof, kicking the football in front of the house, playing basketball by himself. He was a way better baseball and basketball player in high school than football. But football is king around here.''
`FOCUS ON FOOTBALL'
A former All-State basketball player, Ford has no intention of even trying to play basketball at UM. He also was part of the 1,600-meter Texas state championship relay team in track his senior season.
``I want to focus on football,'' he said. ``My goal this year is to develop as a player and help my team win it all. I love the fact that it's a family here, from the coaches to the players to the managers and trainers.
``I know I made the right decision to come here. This was the best place to give me the best shot to win it all.''
Ford has two brothers -- Kade, 14, and 11-year-old Peyton -- and wears jersey No. 9 because it's his mom's favorite number.
Charity, the former director of imaging for a Polk County hospital, calls him her miracle child. At the end of his freshman year in high school, Ford developed an internal staph infection that kept him in the hospital for a month and required two-and-a-half months of intravenous antibiotics.
``I keep telling him to contribute all your blessings to the Lord,'' his mom said, ``because he is the only reason you are where you are. Chase never got in trouble, always makes good grades and has always been the apple of everybody's eyes.
``I had him when I was 19 and he has been a joy since he got here.''

Read more:
 7 years ago '05        #6963
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

gotdamn remember this s**t like it was yesterday, we were so stacked but still young and inexperienced (hence the penn state loss , the let down at east carolina, the seminoles even tho we kept it close, and the vatech shellacking)

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-24-2010 at 07:42 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #6964
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ne body know or hear of a rumor that storm johnson wants to transfer
 7 years ago '07        #6965
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,509 | Props total: 1133 1133
da f**k????

why??
 7 years ago '05        #6966
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
da f**k????

why??
not sure if it was just some scout poster making s**t up

but according to the heralds report today, shannon announced that berry, james and miller will be the rb rotation leaving out storm to redshirt

[edit] suggesting that dude will not want to redshirt, knowing he can start at ne other school if he transfers

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-25-2010 at 05:11 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #6967
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
storm gonna return kicks or something

that talent cant be huggin the bench
 7 years ago '05        #6968
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,944 | Props total: 6810 6810
thought yall would like this site if you aint already know

s**t is for every school in Florida.....you can watch recruits highlights.....just take out the 'Lakewood' and put whatever school in like 'MiamiNorthwestern' or 'Lincoln' .......gotta have the first letter's capitalized though
 7 years ago '04        #6969
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 2776 2776
storm should be getting more carries than slow-ass mike james, dude has no explosion, but is one of those guys shannon likes because he plays with heart
 7 years ago '04        #6970
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,840 | Props total: 4115 4115
bottom line is....we got 3 back rotation, all of which bring different skill sets. Storm is just gonna have to wait his turn like everybody else before him.

and the transfer s**t was bulls**t.
 7 years ago '07        #6971
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
james i think will be moving back to fb next yr i think

he remind me of tyrone moss

damn i drop tears everytime i say that name, he coulda been a monster
 08-26-2010, 02:49 PM         #6972
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami's Preparation has Begun for the Buckeyes

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The 13th-ranked Miami Hurricanes don't face No. 2 Ohio State until the second week of the season, but the Hurricanes have already begun preparations for the Buckeyes.

Beginning with Wednesday's practice, Miami's scout team defense is wearing jerseys to emulate Ohio State's starting defense as opposed to Florida A&M, whom they face in the opener.

Miami freshman Tyrone Cornileus is wearing the number 51 jersey of Ross Homan, the Buckeyes leading tackler last season. C.J. Holton is wearing No. 6 for Etienne Sabino and Sean Goldstein is wearing No. 36 for Brian Rolle to mimic the Buckeyes other two starting linebackers.

In the secondary, Jamal Reid is wearing No. 7 for Jermale Hines, Corey Nelms and Devont'a Davis are both wearing the No. 5 for Chekwa Chimdi, and Nathan Gholston is wearing No. 10 for Corey Brown, although the Corey Brown on defense actually wears No. 3 while the Corey Brown on offense, nicknamed Philly by his teammates, wears No. 10.

On the defensive line, Luther Robinson and Jeffrey Brown are both wearing No. 72 for Dexter Larimore. Kevin Nelson, a linebacker, is wearing No. 43 Nathan Williams, a defensive end.

Miami travels to Columbus for a September 11 showdown in the first meeting between the two schools since Ohio State defeated Miami in the 2002 national championship.

The Hurricanes open with a home game against Florida A&M, formerly known school. Miami defeated Florida A&M, 48-16 last season and has not lost to the Rattlers since 1979, a span of seven games.

The Miami scout team offense were all in their regular jerseys.

Miami is off the next two days before resuming practice Sunday morning.
 7 years ago '05        #6973
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
cj holton still on the scout team :budden:
 7 years ago '04        #6974
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
cj holton still on the scout team :budden:
too slow for a miami safety but to small for LB.
 7 years ago '05        #6975
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Holton stupid b**ch
 7 years ago '07        #6976
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
hitstick holton better be getting a good degree

hes f**ked
 7 years ago '04        #6977
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 2776 2776
 MARTIAN MAR said:
Holton stupid b**ch
holton could start for the seminoles
 7 years ago '05        #6978
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 madness said:
holton could start for the seminoles
he wouldn't even make our team....if he can't pass your horrible safetys he's got no shot at FSU
 7 years ago '04        #6979
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 MARTIAN MAR said:
he wouldn't even make our team....if he can't pass your horrible safetys he's got no shot at FSU
yall n*ggas literally have no room to talk about terrible DB's.
 7 years ago '04        #6980
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Practice Report: 8/29
Aug. 29, 2010

By: David Lake

Head Coach Randy Shannon
CORAL GABLES, Fla. --- The Hurricanes practiced at 9 a.m. on Sunday as they began preparing for their season opener against FAMU this Thursday night.

Sunday was the first practice highly touted freshman defensive back Latwan Anderson and defensive end David Perry participated in.

Anderson was wearing number 28 and Perry was wearing number 95.

“He didn’t do much [today],” coach Randy Shannon said of Anderson. “He is just in the pre-trial phase of wearing a helmet. He couldn’t do anything. You have to go through so many days in shorts and pads before you can do anything.”

Read on for more news and notes to come out of today’s practice.

RANDY SHANNON OPENING STATEMENT

“It was the first day back coming off a day off and it was a good practice today. Guys are still working to stay on the process of what we are trying to get done. It was great we came back the way we did. We got through practice shorter than we ever did which was good. When you can finish practice 20 minutes earlier it is because of the tempo and what the guys are doing, so that is good.”

NEWS & NOTES

• Miami coach Randy Shannon has not announced who the backup quarterback will be out of Alonzo Highsmith Jr., Spencer Whipple, and Stephen Morris.

• Shannon has been pleased with the effort of practice every day this fall camp. “It kind of went by fast,” Shannon said. “We got three scrimmages in and it didn’t feel like we got three scrimmages in. The guys didn’t hit a wall. Usually when they hit a wall you get upset and you wonder if you need to back off, but guys practiced every day hard.”

• After the Miami scout team was wearing the jersey numbers for Ohio State’s starters on Wednesday and Thursday, the UM scout team was wearing the numbers for FAMU’s starters on Sunday.

• The first team defensive line was: DE Allen Bailey, DT Josh Holmes, DT Marcus Forston, and DE Olivier Vernon.

• Shannon on the play of the defensive line this fall camp: “I am impressed with all of the defensive ends. They are doing a nice job competing and getting after it and putting pressure on a quarterback and playing the run game better.”

• Senior linebacker Kylan Robinson was working with the first team at weakside linebacker while senior Colin McCarthy played middle linebacker. Junior Sean Spence remained at strongside linebacker.

• True freshman linebacker Kelvin Cain was working with the second team defense at middle linebacker.

• Freshman LB Jimmy Gaines is doing a good job of practicing hard and learning from his mistakes, according to Shannon. Gaines is working with the second team defense.

• Junior LB Jordan Futch and redshirt freshman offensive tackle Jermaine Johnson were working with the scout team.

• Freshman offensive lineman Jermaine Barton practiced on Sunday after missing all of fall camp with an injury.

• Freshman LB Travis Williams was seen after practice on crutches with a knee brace on his left knee.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Woman goes missing after posting about upcoming Tinder date
51 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why she look like she just raped these kids
113 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Gangs allowed to prisoners to kill people and have sex with o..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Tekashi69 First show in NYC (Sold Out Venue)
38 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Manute Bol reportedly lied about his age and may have been 50yrs old when ..
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
It's the year 1993 & these niggas knew what they were doing. They knew & did i..
59 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chris Tucker:Ice Cube Mad Cause I Ain’t Wanna Do Friday 2, U Ain't Pay ..
155 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This the chick that slid in klay Thompson DM
87 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy