Miami Hurricanes

view more...

most viewed right now
26 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #8676
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,937 | Props total: 1906 1906
Manny Navaro just tweeted we might be naming players under investigation ineligible

7 years ago '05        #8677
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,127 | Props total: 747 747
If it hasn’t already, the University of Miami is expected to declare the 12 or more football players being investigated by the NCAA ineligible within the next week if the school wants the NCAA to rule on their reinstatement in time for the season opener Sept. 5 at Maryland.
Miami also can choose to let some or all of the players participate, but if they are found to have violated NCAA rules, the university would risk stiffer penalties.
UM had not declared the players ineligible as of early Wednesday afternoon, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.
“If those players aren’t first declared ineligible, then reinstated, before they participate and they’re found to have violated rules, the school will be in much deeper trouble,” the source said.
When asked Wednesday night if any of the football players had been ruled ineligible, UM a.ssociate athletic director for communications Chris Freet said, “We’ll announce all that as soon as we get the information.”
The NCAA needs enough time to evaluate each player’s situation individually before making a decision on whether that player must sit out a designated number of games. After UM declares the players ineligible, which is expected, it petitions the NCAA for reinstatement of those players.
They can be reinstated immediately with no penalty, which is what happened last year to Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, or they can be made to serve a one-game or multigame suspension, which is what happened when five Ohio State players were declared ineligible by the school, then told by the NCAA they would be reinstated after sitting out the first five games for receiving impermissible benefits.
UNDER INVESTIGATION
UM president Donna Shalala said Monday in a video that the university and NCAA, through a joint investigation, were reviewing the eligibility of 15 student-athletes — two more than were originally thought. At least 12 of them were football players, almost all of them starters or prominent players. The 12: quarterback Jacory Harris; defensive tackle Marcus Forston; receivers Travis Benjamin and Aldarius Johnson; safeties Ray-Ray Armstrong and Vaughn Telemaque; defensive ends Adewale Ojomo and Olivier Vernon; linebackers Sean Spence and Marcus Robinson; cornerback JoJo Nicolas; and tight end Dyron Dye.
Also alleged to have violated NCAA rules: current UM basketball player DeQuan Jones. The remaining two, and their sports, have not been revealed.
The 12 football players were alleged in a lengthy Yahoo! Sports report to have received impermissible benefits from former booster and convicted Ponzi schemer Nevin Shapiro. Among the alleged benefits were food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro’s $6 million Miami Beach home, VIP access in nightclubs, and entertainment and food at a bowling alley in which Shapiro allegedly had a one-time “bowling-for-dollars” tournament.
Stacey Osburn, the NCAA’s a.ssociate director of public and media relations, told The Miami Herald in a phone interview that she could not comment on any specific cases, but elaborated on aspects of the process. In a reinstatement situation, any decision involves only that specific player and the facts presented. It is separate from the overall investigation of the institution, although if it is later found that a reinstatement decision is based on lies told by an athlete, the institution is subject to more severe penalties.
“The reinstatement decision regarding the student-athlete’s eligibility is completely independent of the investigative process that determines the school’s responsibility,” Osburn said. “So as soon as the facts are determined regarding the student-athlete’s involvement, then the reinstatement process can begin. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude well before the close of an investigation.”
Osburn said the NCAA enforcement staff that reviews eligibility cases for individual athletes rules on about 1,200 cases a year.
“As soon as they have all the information they need,” she said, “they prioritize the cases based on the student-athlete’s next likely missed competition.”
IT’S UP TO THE UNIVERSITY
Osburn said the school first has to decide “whether or not it is comfortable competing with that student-athlete.” If the school determines the athlete might have committed an NCAA violation, then the athlete is declared ineligible and the process of reinstatement begins.
“The school puts forward to the NCAA the set of facts regarding the violation and the student-athlete’s role and responsibility for those violations,” Osburn said. “In addition, they will put forward what we call any mitigating circumstances — any specific facts about that situation that the school believes warrants some sort of relief or lessening of the penalty. The NCAA would look at all those facts and determine the appropriate penalty.”
If the school isn’t happy with an athlete’s penalty, it can appeal to the NCAA’s student-athlete reinstatement committee — on which UM deputy athletic director Tony Hernandez serves. Hernandez would have to recuse himself in any case involving a UM player.
As for the bigger picture in an NCAA investigation of a university, the entire process by the NCAA enforcement staff can be lengthy.
“The average case takes 11 months,” Osburn said. “Other cases, six or seven months. But there have been some cases that have taken years.”
NCAA president Mark Emmert said last week that the NCAA began investigating Miami in March.

Read more:

hopefully ray ray, olivier and dye arent ineligible, the non-um players who were cleared had the exact same charges and allegations against them

:nasmad:

bad as it sounds, might be a precaution by golden

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-24-2011 at 10:44 PM..

7 years ago '07        #8678
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
:nasmad:

Ncaa gotta be the slowest investigators of all time

5 months already and they still havent made any decisions

fu*k EMMM

7 years ago '04        #8679
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k.......... game is next week and we still don't fu*kin know whos gonna be playing or not????

7 years ago '05        #8680
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said
fu*k.......... game is next week and we still don't fu*kin know whos gonna be playing or not????
:omfg: yoooo i had no idea the game was right around the corner

fu*king school and work have consumed my life i dont even know whats going on

7 years ago '04        #8681
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
$18,776 | Props total: 7206 7206
 Deeangoe said
:omfg: yoooo i had no idea the game was right around the corner

fu*king school and work have consumed my life i dont even know whats going on
It's stil about 11 days...the 5th.

7 years ago '05        #8682
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,763 | Props total: 583 583
Miami football program is going to die before Golden even coaches a game.

7 years ago '04        #8683
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
 Lil Jay 05 said
Miami football program is going to die before Golden even coaches a game.
nah bro...we've been through way worse than this.

7 years ago '05        #8684
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
gonna be a loooong season my dudes

7 years ago '07        #8685
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
Spence & Jacory are the players ruled ineligible so far

Ima guess VT, Fortson(NW connection), are to also be named

Ray Ray & Dye I believe are 2 of the 4 already cleared since they were at that meeting with debose and he got cleared

Hopefully the NCAA will act fast on decisions

7 years ago '05        #8686
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
In case you missed it, our Susan Miller Degnan first reported earlier this evening that eight players questioned by the NCAA for allegedly taking improper benefits have been ruled ineligible by UM and they are each in the process of seeking reinstatement.

Two of the eight we know of are quarterback Jacory Harris and linebacker Sean Spence. Each of the eight ineligible players has an opportunity to be reinstated and return before the season-opener at Maryland Sept. 5. Last year, former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton was deemed ineligible before the SEC Championship game by Auburn and two days later he was back.

Still, the possibility very much exists we may not get an answer on any of the eight as quickly as Newton, in light of the number of allegations levied. The NCAA will now review each ineligible player’s case and either reinstate them – every case is handled individually – or rule how many games they have to sit out for suspension.

Harris was locked into a big-time battle for the starting job with sophomore Stephen Morris this fall and was "nothing short of excellent" according to coach Al Golden. According to UM, Harris and Morris went a combined 77 of 109 for 954 yards, 11 TDs and 1 interception (Morris reportedly threw the pick) in two scrimmages.

But with Harris now ruled out and his reinstatement status uncertain, Morris moves to the front of the line to start against Maryland. Last season, he had arguably his best game against the Terps, tossing the game-winning 35-yard touchdown pass to Leonard Hankerson with 37 seconds left to rally UM to victory. He had an interception returned for a touchdown, but finished 18-for-30 for 286 yards.

The Hurricanes do not have any scholarship quarterbacks beyond Morris eligible at the moment. UM has been trying to get a hardship waiver for Memphis transfer and former Miramar High quarterback Ryan Williams, but hasn't received it yet according to Golden, who was asked about it again before Thursday's practice.

The bigger loss, though, could be on defense where Spence had clearly solidified himself as UM's leader.

One of seven Hurricanes to start all 13 games last season, he finished second on the team and fifth in the ACC with 111 tackles and had a team leading 16 tackles for loss, fourth most in the conference. UM coach Al Golden said in camp it was likely Spence would be in charge of calling defensive plays for UM and organizing the defense. Freshmen Gionni Paul and Denzel Perryman and senior Jordan Futch are three players who could replace Spence if he's suspended or ruled ineligible permanently. Perryman, however, didn't practice Thursday and was seen in a walking boot according to InsideTheU.com

Read more:
just have to wait and see, i guess

08-25-2011, 08:36 PM         #8687
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just because they've been ruled ineligible right now doesn't mean much.

We'll just have to wait and see...

08-25-2011, 09:27 PM         #8688
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Vaughn Telemaque = Cleared

7 years ago '04        #8689
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
 The Lefty said
Vaughn Telemaque = Cleared
Season is saved.

7 years ago '05        #8690
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
telemaque, vernon, forston and ojomo are cleared

tfwiw

7 years ago '07        #8691
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
So we will be straight

I like crawford at safety

Spence is all im waiting on

7 years ago '04        #8692
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said
telemaque, vernon, forston and ojomo are cleared

tfwiw
Oh thank goodness

Bring spence back!!! They can suspend jacory for the year for all I care lol

We will be fine against maryland even without spence, but we need him for week 3 and beyond

7 years ago '04        #8693
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,906 | Props total: 89 89
jojo nicholas lost his son. r.i.p.

08-26-2011, 04:34 PM         #8694
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said
jojo nicholas lost his son. r.i.p.
rip thats why twitter was blowing up

7 years ago '05        #8695
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

yooooooo

coppped

7 years ago '04        #8696
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
 Deeangoe said

[pic - click to view]

yooooooo

coppped
I want it...now.

7 years ago '05        #8697
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ships in 2 weeks, i jumped at the opportunity knowing this sh*t might sell out fast :dancingcool:

08-28-2011, 11:53 AM         #8698
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't believe this bullsh*t. And fu*k all those bastards who snitched and fu*k the NCAA for giving them immunity.

7 years ago '04        #8699
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
7 days and we in this bi*ch.

7 years ago '05        #8700
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

if yall havent seen, if your a dolphins fan

Home      

most viewed right now
+37online now  31
Video inside Dude Explains How He Stayed With His Unfaithful Woman Only For Her To C..
159 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+64online now  30
Chinese man wins World Series of Magic with this trick... :damnson:
53 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+49online now  23
Gawd Damn!! 🤯🤯😵👉👉🍑🍗..
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  11
BOX 2 time women boxing champ Claressa Shields Slams Serena Williams!
100 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  8
Image(s) inside Avianne'S Sean John Chain With Over 7,000 Diamonds
73 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+56online now  8
Video inside R Kelly doing R Kelly things again
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+63online now  6
Have Yall Heard About "Streaming Farms" ?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-16online now  5
NBA Father time is undefeated: LeBron rocking a grey beard
128 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy