most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6941
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
McCartney: "I can't wait until Wednesday"
Miramar High receiver Ivan McCartney has been hiding out since his trip to the University of Miami this past weekend, trying to avoid the pressure and the questions from people who want to know if he's decided between the team he grew up rooting for (Miami), the team with his former teammates (West Virginia) and the program he said he had secretly chosen (Florida) early in the recruiting process.

So which one will it be? "I don't even know yet," McCartney said. "The trip to UM definitely made it hard for me. It was awesome."

McCartney, a 6-3, 185-pound U.S. Army All-American, said he spent his two days hanging out with host and potential future quarterback Jacory Harris. "We started cooking from the moment we were in each other's presence," McCartney said. "He's real down to earth. We went to the Grove, walked the strip, ate a lot, the usual. We hung out with the players, played games. You can tell the University of Miami is just a big family."

Still, he left without making a commitment, rather a promise to coach Randy Shannon he would make a sound choice. "He said no matter where I go, he'll be happy for me," McCartney said. "He said just make sure wherever I chose to go make sure that's where I want to go, that it's the place for me. Coach Shannon is real cool like that."

McCartney said any rumors of him having picked a school already are false. He said people saying he'd choose West Virginia because of his academic situation "don't know what they are talking about."

"As far as I know, you need the same ACT or SAT score to get into Miami as you do as West Virginia. I think you need an 18," said McCartney, who has raised his GPA from a 2.1 to a 2.7 and scored a 15 on the ACT exam. "Regardless of which school I pick, I know I have more work to do in the class room. This decision will be based on the best fit for me."

So what are his family members and friends saying is the best fit? According to McCartney, his teammates would love for him to pick West Virginia, but are not pressuring him at all. And his mom, who would like for him to stay home, has told him the same.

"Believe it or not, Gino [West Virginia quarterback Eugene Smith] tell me to pick the best school for me," McCartney said. "My mom told me as long as I'm comfortable and able to do something after football with a degree, she's fine with wherever I go."

McCartney said that choice would have been the Gators at the start of the season. Florida's need for receivers and its rich recent history were attractive early on. But he said the way Miami and West Virginia have come at him this year have made it "a three horse race."

"To be honest, in the beginning of the football season Florida was the school I was going to go to," McCartney said. "But I kept it quiet. There's something about Florida I don't feel for the other schools, a very strong, loving feeling. The atmosphere is wild. The campus is outrageous. They have swagger. A lot of people thought Florida was going to drop when Billy Gonzalez, who recruited me, left. But I learned early on you can't go to a school off coaches. Any coach can leave at any given time. You success depends on how you work as a player. Florida is an awesome place with whoever is coaching there."

As for West Virginia, where former Miramar quarterback Eugene Smith is waiting to throw him passes, McCartney said he believes its only a matter of time before the Mountaineers win a national title. "They lack receiver depth, which is huge for me," McCartney said. "The coaches are very down to earth and cool. They have a family over there, just like Miami. One thing I noticed, though, is they lack the swagger. If I go up to West Virginia, I'd love to bring some of the swagger up there. Because to me, they have a chance to go to the national championship soon. With Eugene, Noel [Devine], they have a chance to do big things."

The Hurricanes, he feels, are also close to winning a national title. And if he had to sit out a season, redshirt and learn on the scout team, he said he'd have no problem with that. "There's nothing left to say about Miami, really," McCartney said. "It's The U. Miami is just a home away from home. Players are cool. Coaches are cool. Of all the schools I've visited, they are the most close in a family way. And nothing makes you feel better than a family."

McCartney will announce his decision Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. "I'm going to do it real big, maybe bring in 10 hats to confuse people," McCartney said. "Honestly, I just can't wait until Wednesday."

ANOTHER RECRUITING TIDBIT...

> UM lost out on defensive tackle Jeffrey Whitaker from Warner Robins, Ga. on Monday. The 6-3, 295-pound defensive tackle picked Auburn over Georgia and the Canes.

Word is UM feels better about its chances with Virginia prep school defensive tackle Ego Ferguson, who will announce his college choice on CBS College Sports Network Wednesday morning at 11 a.m.
 7 years ago '04        #6942
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
DT recruit Jeffrey Brown a star wrestler
The final recruiting weekend of the 2010 season has come and gone. So how did it go in Coral Gables? We really won't know until Wednesday. But as expected the University of Miami landed the commitment everyone expected them to from Evanston (Ill.) Township defensive tackle Jeffrey Brown.

Brown pledged his allegiance to the Hurricanes this morning when he met with UM coach Randy Shannon before leaving campus. Of course, it wasn't very hard for Brown to fall in love with the place considering his other offers were from Illinois State, Eastern Michigan and Toledo. Still, Brown became the 27th player to say he'll sign with the University of MIami Wednesday.

So what kind of player are the Canes getting? According to Rivals (2-star), ESPN (3-star) and Scout (75th defensive tackle in country), another under-the-radar recruit. But if you ask his high school coach Mike Burzawa, Brown (6-3, 275) is someone UM defensive coordinator John Lovett fell in love with after seeing on film.

Burzawa, who attended a UM alumni dinner in Chicago with Shannon two years ago, said he called Hurricanes coaches in November and told them about Brown, who had received very little attention from BCS schools until that point.

"The biggest problem for Jeff was he didn't go to a lot of camps, so he wasn't seen by a lot of scouts," Berzawa said. "I think everybody gets caught up on the recruiting service, the four-star, five-star. Some kids develop in their senior year. Jeffrey was a dominating force this season. We had every coach in our conference sending scouts over here. To me, it was surprising nobody was all over him. Michigan called, liked him. We sent tapes to everyone in the Big Ten. They all liked what they saw. But nobody followed through. Everybody has different needs. Miami is doing things this year a little differently. And I know they like what they see in Jeffrey."

Brown is actually a three sport star. On the football field, Berzawa said Brown had 42 solo tackles, five sacks, nine tackles for loss, a forced fumble, four fumble recoveries, two blocked kicks and blocked for a 1,300 yard rusher as a pulling guard. But his talents were not only reserved for the gridiron. As a wrestler, he's compiled a 39-1 record as a senior and is a favorite to win a state title in the heavyweight division. Last year in track, Brown was a state qualifier in the shot put.

"The No. 1 characteristic is he's an outstanding young man," Berzawa said. "He's a leader in our school, a leader in the field. Wrestling has helped him. He wins the leverage war and has some huge hands and can dominate defenders. We played Hubbard High from Chicago and he was the Channel 2 Player of the Week with 12 tackles and a couple fumble recoveries. Against Main South, the 8A state champion, he had one of the most incredible performances we've ever seen."
 7 years ago '04        #6943
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Arthur Brown transferred today

Thoughts?
 7 years ago '07        #6944
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
to where

7 years ago '04        #6945
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
I seen this coming as soon as McCarthy got the red-shirt last year. Its seems like K-State is his destination, if he does leave.
 02-02-2010, 05:16 PM         #6946
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booie4 said:
I seen this coming as soon as McCarthy got the red-shirt last year. Its seems like K-State is his destination, if he does leave.

Can't blame him. I don't know how he could have been any worse in coverage than our other lb'ers. He seemed to be "flying around" having fun when he was on the field.
 7 years ago '05        #6947
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
from the boards chatter ppl were saying louisville and kstate
 02-02-2010, 05:52 PM         #6948
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So do we have any chance at getting any "good" surprises tomorrow? Dentist appt, 3 fillings tomorrow, I would like to come home and be pleasantly surprised, if not, going to be a long painful day.
 7 years ago '07        #6949
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
by 12 all questions should be answered
 7 years ago '04        #6950
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1397 1397
Im guessing Signing day will blow like most years except 08.
 7 years ago '06        #6951
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
SWING AND A MISS ON ALL OF THEM

they scared of competition and i would be too
 7 years ago '04        #6952
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1397 1397
 P. Dedos said:
SWING AND A MISS ON ALL OF THEM

they scared of competition and i would be too
bulls**t.
 7 years ago '06        #6953
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
 C.R.I.P. said:
bulls**t.
?????????????

which part???
 02-02-2010, 08:20 PM         #6954
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think we get Ego.

That's it.

I'm expecting we get nothing, so I won't be pissed tomorrow..
 7 years ago '04        #6955
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
bulls**t.
Actually, that seems to be the main reason whythe top ranked players in South Florida are not signing with Miami. Michaelee Harris said we have too many receivers already and he wants to start right away, Corey Lemonier said he wants to start as a true freshman and we too loaded at D-Line right now, Dunbar decommitted for the same exact reason.

Well the other reason is definintely because som of the players that wanna come to Miami have 1.9 GPAs and 15 on their ACT. they're borderline retards
 7 years ago '04        #6956
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 The Lefty said:
I think we get Ego.

That's it.

I'm expecting we get nothing, so I won't be pissed tomorrow..
I think we get Seantrel and that's it. But i'll be more than happy if we just pulled that one :dancingcool:
 02-02-2010, 09:03 PM         #6957
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Either Ego or Seantrel and I would be happy, but I don't see us getting that lucky in the Seantrel sweepstakes. That would be sweet though.
 7 years ago '05        #6958
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
basically no surprises tom
 7 years ago '05        #6959
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
sticks to wvu...not a shocker

0 for 1

8:38am *update*

so far no surpises, everyone whos originally commited signing LOI

Last edited by Deeangoe; 02-03-2010 at 07:39 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #6960
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
any other news?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago