squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
203 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #8651
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
Tyrone Moss Denies Booster's Claims
Former Hurricane Player Disputes Yahoo Report
POSTED: Sunday, August 21, 2011

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. -- Former Hurricanes running back Tyrone Moss told Local 10 he did not accept a $1,000 payment from former booster Nevin Shapiro, who's at the center of an NCAA investigation into the Miami football program.

Moss was one of dozens of Hurricanes players named by Shapiro in an investigation by Yahoo! Sports, which triggered a probe at the school.

Shapiro alleged he provided a handful of extra benefits to Moss during his career with the Hurricanes, including a $1,000 cash payment on his first meeting with Moss and entertainment on Shapiroís $1.6 million yacht.

Moss told Local 10 "I wanted to clear the air and let everyone know Iíve never received 1,000 dollars from Nevin Shapiro. Nor have I ever been on his boat or anything like that. Someone has taken my name and tried to destroy my name. I have always been loyal to Miami. Miami is a great place. Miami has been good to my family and good to me. I had some of my best years at the University of Miami. I just wanted to clear the air and make a statement that I have never taken any money or been on any boat like that. For something like this to happen is just crazy."
Moss added, "I donít care how it was quoted, I donít care how it was written or I donít care how it was said. But just to let everyone know, I have never been involved with Nevin. I have no ties to Nevin. I have never taken any money from him, and I have never been on that guyís boat. I just wanted to clear the air, because a lot of people around here are saying this, saying that. What did you say, what did you talk about? I havenít talked to anybody. I have not had direct contact with anybody. Iím tired of the rumors and things like that. The last few days have been crazy around here for me. I just wanted to clear the air and let everyone know I Iove Miami. I went to school there and had 4 great years there. I would never bash Miami in any type of way or talk negative about Miami. Basically, he (Shapiro)wants attention. Thatís all."

Copyright 2011 by Post-Newsweek Stations. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

ykno them goons paid a visit

7 years ago '05        #8652
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Clintt Hurtt and Aubrey Hill in the clear and

Both coaches have stated that what was published by Yahoo never happened. To further verify their statements The parents of the players involved stated that on each recruiting trip they were with their children the entire time. Proof has been provided that this was in fact true. So you have Shapiro's word vs Coaches, players, and parents who provided proof
some in scouts premium site, and vernon been cleared too

7 years ago '04        #8653
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
The story crumbling more and more as the days go by

7 years ago '05        #8654
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CharlesRobinson Charles Robinson by smillerdegnan
We won't be posting audio of Tyrone Moss' interview. It was played for Miami Herald and verified by @ smillerdegnan.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-21-2011 at 07:57 PM..

7 years ago '04        #8655
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,230 | Props total: 4266 4266
 Deeangoe said

and damn moss got fat as fukk

08-21-2011, 10:19 PM         #8656
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Charles Robinson bout to be out a job :tohah:

7 years ago '05        #8657
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
In the tape that was played for The Herald, Moss was asked, “That $1,000, did he [Shapiro] hit you with that the first time he met you?’

Responded Moss: “Yeah, it was me and some other players with my incoming [class]. I’m not going to say the names, but you can probably figure them out yourself. When I was getting there my freshman year, it was me and a couple more players. … It was me and a few more of the guys in my incoming class that he kind of showed love to.’’

The second part of the tape that was played for The Herald on Sunday dealt with Axcess Sports agency. “Nevin basically was the front man,’’ Moss said on the tape. “Nevin got to be close one-on-one with a player. And when it was time to actually come out into the draft, it was like ‘You’re rolling with me and that agent.’ And the thing is, it was almost like he had given so much to where it was like you gotta ride with him with most players. That’s how that was.’’

Moss, 26, said Sunday he didn’t need the money because both his parents had good jobs, and still do, and provided him with financial help for his then infant son. They were not home Sunday.

“My parents worked. I don’t need $1,000,’’ Moss said. “…I have no reason to beg or ask anyone for any type of money. That’s not allowed.’’

Moss said he had neither been contacted by the NCAA nor UM regarding the investigation. He also said he isn’t concerned about lawyers for a federal bankruptcy trustee trying to recover $1,000.

“If they try to recover money there’s no need to contact me,’’ Moss said. “There’s nothing proving or showing he has given me $1,000.’

never in the audio, did he ever say he took the money, i guess if you can interpret "hit" as an offer but nothing more

crosses tyrone moss out of my sh*t list

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-21-2011 at 11:03 PM..

08-21-2011, 11:30 PM         #8658
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said
never in the audio, did he ever say he took the money, i guess if you can interpret "hit" as an offer but nothing more

crosses tyrone moss out of my sh*t list
yo you gotta post this in the SC.

People gonna be HEATED

7 years ago '05        #8659
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
posting as i see it....dequan jones alledged 10g payout

according to shapiro he made a payment for 2008, when he was signed and commited in 2007

im running out of bx smileys as each allegation is debunked

:tohah:

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Miami (FL) COMMITTED (09/02/2007) Offered 09/01/2007
Cincinnati None Offered None

7 years ago '05        #8660
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
man i dunno wtf is up, i been trying to edit my post ^^^^^^

the payout was alledged to secure his recruitment

7 years ago '06        #8661
FullTimeHustla 71 heat pts71
space
space
space
$4,558 | Props total: 7327 7327
On Olivier Vernon's accusation page, Shapiro claims to have watched
the 2008 UM/FSU game in Shapiro's box with Vernon (recruit at the
time); Shapiro claims they stayed in the suite until almost midnight.
Yet on Robert Marve's accusation page, Shapiro claims to have racked
up over $1,600 at Cameo for players that same night with a credit card
statement showing a transaction date of 10/4/08. How could Shapiro
travel 19 miles from the stadium to Cameo while it was raining, spend
$1,600 and pay the tab all before midnight? If Shapiro closed his tab
that night after midnight, then the credit card statement would show a
transaction date of 10/5/08.

7 years ago '04        #8662
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,702 | Props total: 6857 6857
14 days fellas until we ruin marylands life.

7 years ago '05        #8663
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
if shapiro hadnt mentioned the part where they stayed at the stadium til midnight, which seems fishy first off, because it was a 3;30 kickoff game, the game was over by 7, meaning at 8 the stadium would be entiredly empty, now i never been at a suite, i cant imagine they staying open 4 + hours after the game,

i been to LIV at sunlife, and they only stay open 1 hour after the game, so i figured they do the same at all the other suits

so

7 years ago '05        #8664
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
August 22, 2011

An adviser for Wichita football players Arthur and Bryce Brown said his meeting with a booster at the middle of a scandal at the University of Miami had nothing to do with recruiting.

Brian Butler appeared on KAKE Sports Overtime Live Sunday night.

A Yahoo Sports! investigation revealed booster Nevin Shapiro provided improper benefits to 72 Miami athletes and recruits, including Arthur and Bryce Brown.

Buter admitted he and Brown's parents received hotel rooms from Shapiro when they were in town to see the Miami spring football game. Arthur and Bryce attended a lunch meeting with Shapiro, but Butler said the meeting was not about recruiting Bryce, who was one of the top high school football players at the time.

Butler said he did not know what Shapiro wanted to meet about, and it was his only meeting with the booster.

Arthur & Bryce Brown are preparing to play at Kansas State. KSU officials released a statement saying the NCAA had no concerns about the Brown's eligibility.

7 years ago '05        #8665
stillsouf 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 20 20
From 7/5/11...

The Lefty said
Any truth to the rumors about FSU being in trouble with the NCAA over the recruitment of Lamarcus Joyner?
 C.R.I.P. said
There are rumblings out there that FSU is next on the Yahoo Sports/ NCAA list.
 canesin2099 said
St Boobah ain't there to protect free shoes U anymore. Let the scholies hit the floor.

:banana:

Junior G said
it's ova for UUUUUUUUUU

Last edited by stillsouf; 08-23-2011 at 06:53 AM..

08-23-2011, 02:17 PM         #8666
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Father of Sam Shields calls Nevin Shapiroís allegations ía bunch of crapí

Aug/23/11 08:25 AM Filed in: Sam Shields
MIAMI ó Former University of Miami cornerback Sam Shields isnít talking. But his dad is plenty mad. And so are other parents.

Samuel Shields called the allegations by convicted felon Nevin Shapiro "a bunch of crap" on Friday when reached by The Miami Herald, and criticized the university for not doing more to prevent Shapiro from infiltrating the Hurricanes program.

Shapiro alleged that he gave Shieldsí son, Sam, now with the Green Bay Packers, a 42-inch Toshiba flat-screen TV, drinks and VIP access in nightclubs, as well as food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiroís $6 million Miami Beach mansion.

"Itís definitely bad for the school, and I know for the administration it should be even worse," Samuel Shields said.

"He was a booster for, what, 10 years? The administration should have known a whole bunch of stuff, compliance should have known a whole bunch of stuff. If Sam sneezed over there theyíd throw him out. They threw him under the bus so many times."

On Thursday, Shields was briefly in the locker room and addressed the allegations to reporters.

"They contacted me," Shields said of Yahoo! [YHOO] Sports. "But I just told them that I didnít want to get into that right now. Iím just focusing on the Packers right now."

His dad said he doubted his son took the TV.

"I doubt a 42-inch TV was in his dorm room," he said.

Of Shapiro, Samuel Shields said, "That little guy needs to be where heís at. And I hope he doesnít run into any Miami fans in the penitentiary. He needs to be isolated."

As for Sam, his father said he didnít have time for such nonsense. "Heís working on another Super Bowl," he said.

Former UM running back Graig Cooper, now with the Philadelphia Eagles, was alleged by Shapiro to have lodged on his $1.6 million yacht for four days in January of 2007 ó the same time Cooper arrived in Miami from Milford (N.Y.) Prep.

Shapiro also said he provided food, drinks and entertainment for Cooper at Lucky Strike Lanes during the same month, and transportation in Shapiroís car.

"If you come in town, enroll in school, meet some friends and they say, íLetís go hang out at the bowling alley,í nine out of 10 times youíre going to hang out with them," said Cooperís father, Tino Thomas. "How did he know my son? He didnít because he had just arrived. Somebody had to bring Graig to him.

"The real question is, why isnít anybody asking something about the president at the University of Miami? They have a picture of her taking money from him. I know itís a donation, but sheís getting money in that same bowling alley.

"Everybody is caught up with the players and this and that. But the president was at that same bowling alley where a lot of stuff was going on. She should have known.

"These kids are 18 and 19 years old, but the one they needed to get off the field was (Nevin Shapiro). He looked like a 35-year-old kid. I tell everybody, if somebody tries to do something for you, thereís always a price to pay, because in the long run they think you owe them."

Former UM great Alonzo Highsmith, the father of safety A.J. Highsmith (who is not implicated), told The Miami Herald on Friday that he was considering suing the NCAA on behalf of parents.

"Hereís the issue I have with this whole thing," Highsmith said. "In NCAA football, why do we punish so many people for the actions of a few? These athletic programs and football programs are peopleís livelihoods. Kids commit to these colleges so they can get an education, win national championships and play in bowl games. And youíre going to take all of that away from them because of the actions of a few people?

"I question a lot of things in this Yahoo! [YHOO] investigation. My thing is, donít show me pictures you took with kids. Donít show me a receipt. Show me evidence. . . . You took some pictures with former players. So what?

"You know how many times these kids pose for pictures with random people on the street? Youíre going to convict 80 other kids because of what happened five, six, seven years ago?

"They were in junior high when this was going on. Now they pay a price while everyone lives a good life?"

08-23-2011, 03:10 PM         #8667
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Allen Bailey Comments On Nevin Shapiro

Aug/23/11 08:25 AM Filed in: Allen Bailey
Chiefs rookie defensive lineman Allen Bailey, a third-round draft pick from Miami, shed little insight on the football program that has been rocked by allegations of NCAA violations involving a booster, Nevin Shapiro.

“I really don’t know what’s going on there right now, but I still take pride in everything I did down there,” said Bailey, who has been impressive in preseason in the Chiefs’ nickel defense and on special teams.

Asked whether he had any dealings with Shapiro, Bailey said: “I was a freshman. As a freshman, you’re not paying attention … I never really saw him.”

Bailey said he was never offered anything by Shapiro.

7 years ago '04        #8668
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Alonzo Highsmith speaking that pure truth right there

7 years ago '05        #8669
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
$54,655 | Props total: 8002 8002
lol @ thinkin yall can get at us.....we runnin a clean program down in Tally....and Joyner was an easy pull, he grew up a Nole fan, he just wanted to go through the recruiting process. Joyner probably offered us sh*t to get a scholly

7 years ago '04        #8670
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said
lol @ thinkin yall can get at us.....we runnin a clean program down in Tally....and Joyner was an easy pull, he grew up a Nole fan, he just wanted to go through the recruiting process. Joyner probably offered us sh*t to get a scholly
nobody is running a clean ship nowadays, you must be outta your mind to think that. Even sh*tty schools like Georgia Tech are cutting corners... in this DNA it's necessary especially when the SEC is treating this recruiting sh*t like a subdivision of the NFL, paying for recruits and what not; all it matters is who gets caught and when

Joyner was definitely an easy pull for y'all, he was a nole since birth, no doubt about that.

08-23-2011, 04:15 PM         #8671
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't forget about UCF

7 years ago '05        #8672
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
rumor going on that jacory and travis benjamin cleared ?

7 years ago '07        #8673
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
I really dont care bout the allegations against offensive players

Our defense is what cant handle n*ggas being ineligible

7 years ago '05        #8674
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said
I really dont care bout the allegations against offensive players

Our defense is what cant handle n*ggas being ineligible
yea i know, while i dont really care if jacory or stephen morris start

losing spence, ray ray and telemaque, marcus, olivier, dye

7 years ago '07        #8675
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
Dye is on offense

Spence, VT, Vernon are huge

Spence especially with Perryman in a walking boot

I think crawford can hold it down at the other safety spot.....

We get the right players ruled eligible on defense we are a fu*king sleeper team

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
203 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DJ / Officer VLAD proves that he is an informant that works with the Police
17 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
20 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brittany Renner Is About To Expose Your Favorite Rapper
86 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA KEVIN KNOW has to be CARRIED TO LOCKER ROOM after INJURING HIS ANKLE :mjda..
6 comments
49 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
211 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
4 comments
48 minutes ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 My nigga Iím dying 🤣
4 comments
46 minutes ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Got damn royce!!!
52 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
6 comments
40 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That time jim jones got a makeover
33 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Not Even Trying Bruh
36 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 BOX Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 3
11 comments
42 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Ashanti Concert Canceled After Selling Only 24 Tickets
101 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Rae Curruth Free Monday
14 comments
56 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Public service announcement! I don't do it for the probs.
2 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
15 comments
3 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thicc A$s Jordans
20 comments
6 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 20 - 75% of women say they would not date men who donít support th..
10 comments
6 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
32 comments
4 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Deuterion
Lonny Breaux
Blaffy
FrescoB
dominicanlipz
Cartel-Clipz
Papi
LegendLouch
tokinjohn
Top 10 most slapped recently
Blaffy
TommyD
danneywilliams
suavehooper
micropave
Sandyy
BallDontLie
Tha Boss
Flippa Huxtable
two-face

most viewed right now
online now  37
Oct 19 - the spectrum cable cartel raping its victims for even more money
70 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  36
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  28
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
273 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Consummate professional. A true pillar to her craft.
33 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Steve Harvey Just said the realest sh-t ever!
99 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Article inside Professional gamer caught cheating at CSGO tournament
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about