Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-27-2010, 09:32 PM         #6921
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We basically sweeped up the Olinemen. That's a very good sight to see.
 7 years ago '04        #6922
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
We have finally have an D-line coach. He couldn't possibly be worse than Hurt.
 01-27-2010, 11:26 PM         #6923
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Northwestern coach: "There is no rift with UM"
Miami Northwestern, the elite high school football program in Miami-Dade County, has long been a pipeline to the University of Miami. And despite what other "sources" may be saying, Bulls coach Billy Rolle, a longtime friend of Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon, told me Wednesday afternoon that won't be changing.

"This thing is plain and simple: it's a big misunderstanding," said Rolle regarding reports that say a rift has been created between the Canes and its biggest feeder school. "I don't have any problem with the University of Miami, no matter what anybody might think or say. No one here does. The recruiting process is the recruiting process and sometimes kids don't know what it's about. They don't know it's a business. And some of our guys had to learn that, the hard way."

Rolle is of course referring in part to the recruiting saga of highly-touted defensive tackle Todd Chandler, who committed to Miami as a junior (right after the Bulls won the mythical national title with Jacory Harris and seven other future Canes in 2008) but is no longer a Canes recruit.

Tuesday, ESPN.com ran an article, quoting Chandler (as I did back in December) voicing his frustration with the Hurricanes and his understanding that he once had a scholarship offer from Miami, but had it taken away." The article also quoted Terrence Craig (as a Northwestern a.ssistant) saying "the people in the community here at Northwestern won't forget this." Other news outlets later quoted sources saying a rift between UM and Northwestern had grown so big, the Bulls wouldn't send future players to UM until Shannon and Rolle resolved the issue.

According to Billy Rolle, all of it is hogwash. Craig, he says, wasn't even a part of his staff this year at Northwestern. Craig, a former Bulls offensive line coach, left the program last year for Miami Southridge, which is closer to his home. And those sources, Rolle said, "I'm not sure sure who they are."

"Some people do a lot of talking, they like to be spokesmen," Rolle said. "But they don't know. You know me. I don't like talking on the phone. I'm a face to face guy. I talked to coach after I read something in the paper... We ironed it out."

What also got ironed out, Rolle said, was the situation regarding Chandler. Rolle admitted he was shocked when he first heard Chandler was no longer headed to UM. But he said after he looked into the situation, spoke to Shannon and Chandler, Rolle said he came to "a clear understanding" of why Chandler won't be playing for the Hurricanes.

"A kid may commit early, but a school can change their mind the way a kid changes their mind," Rolle said. "It was just one of those things, a kid commits early and trusted the situation. But it's a business. s years go by, the recruiting process changes. Unfortunately, the recruiting process probably changed for Miami. Like coach told me, they had a lot of injuries this year, young guys and old guys coming back. It was a numbers thing. At first, Todd was kind of distraught, he really didn't understand it. But after we talked to him and things like that, he understood by taking trips to other schools -- he understood what went down with him.

"I was just shocked because he wanted so badly to go there because of the guys who were there previously. He had a nice little bond with the guys who were here before and because he was one of the younger guys who started and played here a lot when they were here. He had decided before anything that's where he wanted to go play. At the time, it was something big going on with us, winning the national title. So, everybody was excited, thought it was only natural Todd would go to Miami too. He made a commitment to himself to commit to Miami because he was sold on it.

"But usually, when a school offers a kid, the coach gets a letter. That's the thing. I never got a letter for Todd. I looked for it, didn't find it. That's how [UM] covered their butts."

Rolle said the situation with Chandler proved to be a valuable lesson for his entire team. He said he recently had a scout explain how programs "have different needs" each and every season.

"People a.ssume the best players at Northwestern should go to Miami. And to me, that's how I believe it should be," Rolle said. "When you go to Alabama, the best players from Alabama go to Alabama. Same at Texas, LSU, Georgia. You may see one or two guys from other parts, but that's it. Me, personally as a coach, I always tell the kids to look around, don't say no to a school just because you've chose one. You never know what can happen. A coach might get fired or leave to another school. Now, that school doesn't want you anymore.

"Sometimes, kids just love a school so much, they don't want to hear 'No.' If you look at Antonio Bryant and Torrie Cox, my guys here from the 1998 team. They were going to die if they didn't go to University of Miami. And here comes this guy from Pittsburgh. Torrie was going to die if he didn't play running back. I showed him a media guide of all these cornerbacks and their bios about how they were running backs. What happened? Torrie went to Pittsburgh, got drafted in the third round and is still playing. Same for Antonio. The point is, Miami ain't always going be ready for you. But I think us being right here in Miami, UM should get its choice and all the coaches around the county should support that."

Rolle insists the Canes haven't loss any ground -- or faith -- from other potential recruits at Northwestern. In fact, he said UM is on solid ground with three of the Bulls' premier 2011 recruits: quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, receiver Eli Rogers and linebacker Lyndon Edwards. In fact, Bridgewater, considered the top player in the state in 2011, told me his love for the Hurricanes hasn't changed.

"I've always a good feeling about the Miami Hurricanes," Bridgewater said. "They're my hometown school and I've watched them put a lot of players in the NFL. As far as Jacory, I watched him as much I could this season and picked up as many things as I could from him. I like the way he puts touch on his passes.

"What they did to Todd Chandler, it's just what college is. It opened some eyes. You may be committed to a college and you never know what can happen. In the end, Miami did what it had to do. Since my ninth grade year, I've seen a lot of my teammates go there and play. Right now, I'm wide open. I've got six offers -- Florida, Miami, Tennessee, West Virginia, Rutgers and FIU. My plan is to take as much time as I need to figure it out."

A FEW MORE TIDBITS...

> Rolle said he's been very happy with the Hurricanes have handled the current Bulls at UM and he hasn't heard any complaints from his players. When I asked him about receiver Kendal Thompkins possibly seeking a transfer, he said Thompkins continues to work out at Northwestern with his UM gear and hasn't mentioned a work to him about leaving the program.

"I tell the kids all the time, when you go to college there are going to be five, six guys just like you, you have to compete," Rolle said. "Personally, I think a lot of luck is involved. Injuries could get you. But luck is big. You might make one catch in a game or practice that catches the coaches eye. You just have to be ready when the opportunity comes. Kendall hasn't told me once he isn't happy there. I haven't asked him either. But the kids coming back to me complaining? No. It's not happening."

> If you are wondering where Northwestern's best players will be heading this year, it looks like Louisville is the destination. Coach Charlie Strong visited with Rolle Wednesday right before I got to Northwestern. Running back Corvin Lamb, offensive lineman Torrian Wilson, receiver Michaelee Harris and Chandler will likely be signing with the Cardinals. Oddly enough, former Hurricanes recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt will be the guy coaching Chandler.
 7 years ago '04        #6924
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Andre Johnson, Jeremy Shokey, Jon Beason, Bryant McKinnie, Reggie Wayne, Devin Hester and others are gonna be on campus this weekend

By the way, Seantrel Henderson is taking his official at the U this weekend too
 7 years ago '04        #6925
booie4 
space
space
The University of Miami has a new defensive line coach.

Two sources close to the university have confirmed that Rick Petri has been hired by the Hurricanes to replace Clint Hurtt, who left UM to coach the defensive line at Louisville.

Petri was the defensive line coach for Kentucky the past five seasons, but was one of two a.ssistants not retained by new Wildcats head coach Joker Phillips.

But Petri, 56, is not new to the Hurricanes. He served as an a.ssistant defensive line coach at UM from 1993 to 1995. Some of Miami's best defensive linemen were tutored by Petri, including Kenny Holmes, Kenard Lang and All-Americans Warren Sapp and Kevin Patrick.

Patrick, who now coaches defensive ends at South Florida, was believed to be a prospective candidate to replace Hurtt. But new USF coach Skip Holtz retained Patrick on his new staff.

Petri is known as an adept, enthusiastic instructor who gets the most out of his players, regardless of talent level. He helped Kentucky - not on the same talent level as most SEC East teams - get to four consecutive bowl games. The Wildcats had won three of those bowl games prior to this past season's loss to Clemson in the Music City Bowl.

Petri has two sons, Brad, who is in his mid 20s, and Kory, in his early 20s. Both were known to wear Hurricanes' gear when they lived in Oxford, Miss.

Before Kentucky, Petri coached defensive tackles at Mississippi from the end of the 1998 season through 2004. But he began his Ole Miss career from 1989-91 as a defensive line coach, before going to Louisiana Tech to coach defensive tackles in 1992.

Petri received his undergraduate degree from Missouri-Rolla, where he was a noseguard. He earned his master's degree in physical education from Pittsburg State.

He also coached the offensive line as an a.ssistant at Arkansas State in 1979, and then switched to the defensive line at Arkansas State from 1980 through '88.

Another Southeastern Conference stop for Petri: South Carolina (1996-98), where he coached defensive ends, including future first-round pick John Abraham.

He began his career in coaching as a grad a.ssistant at Pittsburg State in Kansas.
 7 years ago '04        #6926
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Petri is gonna pretty good :applause:

He coached Warren Sapp when he was down here :applause:
 7 years ago '06        #6927
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
LMAO @ the article by ESPN

wipe the egg off your face!!!

TEDDY BRIDGEWATER COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 01-28-2010, 11:17 PM         #6928
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Canes set to make final recruiting push
University of Miami coach Randy Shannon and offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland will be in the living room of the top offensive lineman in the country tonight, trying to convince Seantrel Henderson and his parents that The U is the best place for him.

After they're done, Shannon and Stoutland will come racing back home from chilly St. Paul, Minnesota to host what will be the final recruiting weekend before National Signing Day. Most experts think Henderson, a 6-8, 320-pound monster left tackle and Parade Magazine's National Player of the Year, will opt to stick with Big Ten power Ohio State or Notre Dame when he announces his decision Monday afternoon in a CBS studio in New York.

But his coach said the Canes, who will host Henderson and a rather large group of visitors this weekend are definitely in the running. "They're definitely on the short list he's seriously thinking about," Cretin-Derham Hall coach Mike Scanlon said. "He wouldn't be wasting their time if he wasn't."

Even though fans might feel down, the Canes have a consensus Top 20 recruiting class according to all three major recruiting services. ESPN currently has UM highest at 12. Both Scout and Rivals have UM 20th. But landing Henderson -- or any other of the top-end weekend visitors -- would go a long way in improving that ranking. And it might even put a smile on some of even the most critical of Shannon bashers.

So who else will UM get a visit from? Aside from U.S. Army All-American receiver Ivan McCartney from Miramar High (whom UM has a 50-50 shot at) and a handful of other commitments, the rest are out of towners the Canes are hoping to make a big impression on.

> There is highly-touted defensive tackle Ego Ferguson from Hargrave Military Academy, whose father McDonald played at Miami Edison with UM director of football operations Corey Bell. Florida State and Notre Dame are considered the front runners, though, for the 6-4, 270-pound standout who also has Cal and LSU in the mix. He's supposed to announce his decision Wednesday in New York.

> In addition to Ferguson, two other less touted defensive tackles will be visiting. UM probably has a better shot at landing at least one -- if not both.

Jeffrey Brown, a 6-2, 270-pound senior from Township High in Evanston (Ill.) is expected to become UM's 27th commitment after his weekend visit to Coral Gables. Lightly recruited out of the Chicago area (his other offers are from Eastern Michigan, Illinois State and Toledo), his coach told me Brown is an under the radar star with big hands and a lot of upside. He was discovered by defensive coordinator John Lovett.

Jeff Whitaker, a much more highly-touted player (Rivals has him ranked as the fifth best defensive tackle in the country) out of Warner Robins, Ga., has taken a liking to the Canes and defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff. Whitaker's coach, Bryan Way, said the Canes have worked hard since December 1st to convince Whitaker (also considering Auburn and Georgia) to give UM a look. Wednesday, new defensive line coach Rick Petri was at Warner Robins with McGriff to meet Whitaker.

"A month ago when McGriff came in here, I told him coach, I really don't think you should bother," Way said. "But since that time, their chances have definitely gone up. I still think it's probably going to be Georgia or Auburn. I'm not sure Jeff wants to go that far from home. But then again, a month ago, I wouldn't have even considered Miami. Jeff is definitely intrigued by it and wants to see how it's going to be down there. So, I'd give them a chance."

Whitaker is planning to announce his decision Monday during a press conference at his school at 2 p.m.

> Three other players are scheduled to make trips to UM: Olive Branch (Miss.) offensive tackle Shon Coleman, Fontana (Calif.) linebacker Josh Shirley and Decatur (Ga.) cornerback Marques Dixon.

Coleman was committed to Auburn and is likely to end up there or somewhere else in the SEC; Shirley might not even make the trip after a "strong visit" at USC last weekend and Dixon, a Tennessee commitment, might not visit either.
 7 years ago '07        #6929
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Good s**t
 7 years ago '04        #6930
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Walford says he's still committed to 'Canes

> Posted by Steve Dorsey on January 30, 2010 12:16 AM
There's been speculation that South Carolina might have a shot at stealing Glades Central tight end Clive Walford from Miami. Walford, however, says he's still planning on signing with the Hurricanes next Wednesday.

Walford also told me this week that he is not taking any other visits.

"I'm signing with UM," he said.

Walford is a very good 6-foot-6 power forward on the Glades Central basketball team, but football is his ticket. When he gets to college and adds some muscle to that athletic frame he has and improves his route-running technique, watch out for him! He could be an outstanding tight end at the next level. And based on its history, UM is just the place for him to accomplish that.
 7 years ago '04        #6931
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Seems like everything went great in the last recruting visits:

-Whittaker is going to choose between UM and Auburn on monday
-Shirley had a crazy weekend. He's now more confused than ever and has UM almost at top but distance seems to be a factor
-Henderson gave it a 10 and talked to Willis McGahee and exchanged #s with McKinnie and seems to be deciding between UM and ohio state
-Jeff Brown committed on the spot
-Ego's dad loved everything UM had to offer
-Ivan McCartney had a blast

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 01-31-2010 at 01:43 PM..
 01-31-2010, 04:12 PM         #6932
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I heard grades are an issue with Sticks. Is that the case?

I know it's a long shot, but could u imagine landing Henderson, Sticks, Ego AND Shirley?!
 7 years ago '04        #6933
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Landing stellar recruit could produce a class act for Miami Hurricanes
The Hurricanes are a few undecided recruits away from having one of the best classes in the country, according to analysts.

By MANNY NAVARRO

Eighth in a series of recruiting profiles leading to National Signing Day on Wednesday.

With all the coaches who have been in his office over the past three years, it is hard for Mike Scanlon to remember when the University of Miami first began recruiting Seantrel Henderson.

He just knows the effort Randy Shannon and offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland have put in to land the nation's top-ranked offensive tackle could pay off handsomely in a few days.

``I have to give them credit -- they've been persistent,'' said Scanlon, who coached the 6-8, 340-pound Parade Magazine National Player of the Year at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, Minn.

``Every school in the country came by and showed initial interest, then moved on. Many of them didn't think they had a shot. But Coach Shannon and Coach Jeff Stoutland were in Seantrel's living room [Thursday]. They got him to come visit his last recruiting weekend.

``I think if his family is going with him like they say, then anything is possible. It was minus 10 degrees here when they left [Friday] and I know his mom wants to live somewhere warm.''

Based on the three major recruiting services (ESPN, Scout.com and Rivals.com), UM has a consensus Top 20 class entering the final weekend before National Signing Day. ESPN has UM ranked highest at No. 12.

But landing Henderson -- or any of the weekend's six other non-committed recruits -- could go a long way in solidifying what experts say would be another stellar recruiting class for the Canes.

``I think Miami is one of the few teams that could really climb Wednesday,'' ESPN's Tom Luginbill said. ``I just think there are some targets who are really special. I think Seantrel is considering them a lot more than people realize. Even without him, I still think its a very, very good class.

``Because of how young they are I think they've found some kids who they can redshirt and develop down the road -- real gifted athletes. I know some people may criticize that, but I'm not sure that wasn't done by design. Plus, you look at the six kids they already have in school and the ones they could get in the next few days -- like I said, they could be one of the teams that closes really strong.''

Henderson will choose between Miami, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC and Florida. He will announce his decision late Wednesday afternoon on CBS College Network along with highly-touted Virginia prep school defensive tackle Ego Ferguson, who also visited UM this weekend and has them among his five finalists.

The Canes weren't considered the favorite to land either player entering the weekend. Nor were they favored to land U.S. Army All-American receiver Ivan McCartney from Miramar High (strongly considering West Virginia), Fontana (Calif.) linebacker Josh Shirley (expected to sign with USC), Warner Robins (Ga.) defensive tackle Jeffery Whittaker (Auburn and Georgia are his favorites) or Olive Branch (Miss.) offensive tackle Shon Coleman (likely an Auburn or Arkansas signee).

But UM, currently with 26 commitments, is expected to land a commitment from Evanston (Ill.) defensive tackle Jeffery Brown (6-2 ˝, 275) -- another ``under-the-radar'' target similar those the staff has received pledges from in this class.

``The one thing you to try to do in every class is get one player at every position,'' said analyst Charles Fishbein of Elite Scouting Services. ``The place where it could get tricky for Miami [is] where they've taken projects -- guys that need a year or two on the scout team -- and didn't get that other kid who could get on the field right away if you have a rash of injuries.

``I look at the defensive line and see two kids right now in [Davie University defensive end] David Perry and [Miami Beach defensive tackle] Delmar Taylor who need at least two years on scout team. That's where [Hialeah defensive end] Corey Lemonier could have helped you out, like [UM freshman] Olivier Vernon did a year ago.

``Same at receiver with [Carol City's] Allen Hurns. You get an Ivan McCartney, he'll be ready to step in and play in a year if Aldarius Johnson or LaRon Byrd go pro.''

Still, most experts believe UM filled its biggest needs in this class -- offensive line (seven commitments), linebacker (five) and defensive back (four). And they could still land at least one more very big one come Wednesday.

``You try to get all the big ones in your backyard and steal a few from other places,'' said analyst Tom Lemming, who will have Henderson on his show to make his announcement.

``I think Miami has done a very good job meeting their needs. They get a Seantrel Henderson and it becomes an absolutely amazing job.''
 7 years ago '04        #6934
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
DT Brown Commits
Jan. 31, 2010

By: David Lake

Jeffrey Brown of Evanston Township (Evanston, Ill.) has a new perception of the University of Miami now.

Brown heard a lot about the University of Miami going into his official visit this weekend, but following the visit he formed his own opinion of UM and was impressed enough to commit to the Hurricanes.

"What I used to make my decision was the players and the coaches," Brown said. "I was really comfortable with them. They all welcomed me in like I was a party of their family. They were a welcoming group and that was something I was looking for. Once I got that vibe I knew that was the place to go."

"The perception of Miami out there in society is different from what is real. It isn't what some people make it out to be. It is a very good program with good people."

Brown was hosted throughout the weekend by Shayon Green and he got a lot of answers to questions from him.

"Shayon Green was my host," Brown said. "He is a guy who is out of state so he could tell me what things are like for out of state guys. He says they give everybody the same chances and they welcome everyone in. That talk with him really helped me."

Brown, a native of Illinois, also said he liked the Miami weather.

"The weather and the campus were great. I could definitely get used to living there for the next four years."

Joining Brown on the visit to Miami was a bevy of uncommitted players who have yet to make a college decision. Brown shared his thoughts on some of those players and how much they enjoyed UM.

"I met guys like Ivan McCartney and Josh Shirley," Brown said. "Josh really liked it. I don't know if he is coming, but he really liked it from what I could tell. I guess we will find out on Wednesday."

Brown shared his thoughts on Seantrel Henderson.

"He was a real cool dude," Brown said. "Some of those high profile guys you might figure have big heads, but he was real down to Earth. He was having a good time at Miami."

Overall, Brown says he is excited to officially be a Hurricane.

"I am not only excited, I am relieved. Now I can focus on my wrestling season. I am just glad that I was able to commit to a school like Miami."
 7 years ago '04        #6935
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Davis: Uncommitted Recruits Liked UM
Jan. 31, 2010

By: David Lake

Jeremy Davis
Cape Coral cornerback Jeremy Davis took an official visit to North Carolina recently, but after an official visit to Miami, he says he is all Hurricane.

Even though Davis visited UNC, he says he was always about Miami.

"The whole time I have been about Miami," Davis said. "I took a visit to North Carolina, but really I was all about UM because nothing is better than that."

Davis says he bonded well with all the other recruits who visited this weekend.

"I was impressed by the recruits that came in with me," Davis said. "We talked about a lot of things that had to do with Miami. We talked about the education, competing for a National Championship, and what to expect next year."

Davis discussed how much the uncommitted players were enjoying Miami and which uncommitted players in particular enjoyed UM.

"They were liking Miami a lot," Davis said. "They were all seeing that Miami is a great city and that you can do a lot there. They were all saying that before the visit they had Miami in their top five, but now they have Miami in their top two."

"There was a few guys who were really thinking about Miami now. There was J.R. Ferguson, Jeff Whitaker, Seantrel Henderson, and Josh Shirley."

Davis discussed a few of the highlights of the weekend.

"I really enjoyed the hotel," Davis said. "The hotel looked the part. We stayed at the Sonesta in Coconut Grove. It was real nice. We got to hang out with some of the players like Bryant McKinnie and Willis McGahee, so it was nice to see those guys."

Davis talked about what his expectations are for when he gets to UM.

"I expect to come in and compete," Davis said. "I know this recruiting class is going to do big things when we get down to Miami, so I am just looking forward to that."
 7 years ago '04        #6936
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Ferguson Gets His Questions Answered
Jan. 31, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

J.R. Ferguson
Defensive end J.R. Ferguson from Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Virginia, made his fifth and final official visit this weekend to Coral Gables.

Ferguson (6-3, 275) was accompanied by his father, Ego Ferguson Sr., who said that Miami will absolutely be among his son’s options on Wednesday.

“They will definitely be one of the finalists when he makes he decision,” Ferguson Sr. said. “Basically the whole weekend was getting to know the UM environment and spending time with the other kids. There were actually a lot of unanswered questions we had originally. You hear about the ‘U’ and the family environment and you hear a lot of people with their rhetoric about it. To really see it in action and the small class sizes, we saw the mystique of all of that and we got to experience everything.”

Before heading to the airport, the two sat down with Coach Shannon to discuss the depth chart as well as some coaching stability questions.

“We were going over the depth chart and we also discussed his future because he’s still not under contract,” Ferguson Sr. said. “I wanted to know the status of his future and that’s basically it. It really surprised me that Coach Shannon has such a strong desire to have him (J.R.) there. He is a combo type player where he can play tackle or end so we’re trying to get a clear definition on where he would have the opportunity to compete.”

Ferguson was hosted by freshman defensive end Olivier Vernon because Ferguson also hopes to get playing time as a true freshman.

“He (Vernon) is a defensive end and a younger player so basically J.R. could relate to him,” Ferguson Sr. said. “They have similar personalities to tell you the truth and they are both aggressive types of players. He was somebody that came in early and was able to get playing time as a true freshman. Those are things J.R. has a strong desire for so he helped us get an understanding on what it takes to contribute right away.”

Ferguson will make his announcement live on Wednesday on CBS College Sports Network along with Minnesota offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson who also took an official visit to Miami this weekend.
 7 years ago '04        #6937
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Jeremy Davis: has qualified

7 years ago '04        #6938
booie4 
space
space
^thank god, that dude is explosive.
 7 years ago '07        #6939
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Uh Oh can we sweep in during closing hrs

fingers are crossed...i like the class regardless
 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM         #6940
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
McCartney: "I can't wait until Wednesday"
Miramar High receiver Ivan McCartney has been hiding out since his trip to the University of Miami this past weekend, trying to avoid the pressure and the questions from people who want to know if he's decided between the team he grew up rooting for (Miami), the team with his former teammates (West Virginia) and the program he said he had secretly chosen (Florida) early in the recruiting process.

So which one will it be? "I don't even know yet," McCartney said. "The trip to UM definitely made it hard for me. It was awesome."

McCartney, a 6-3, 185-pound U.S. Army All-American, said he spent his two days hanging out with host and potential future quarterback Jacory Harris. "We started cooking from the moment we were in each other's presence," McCartney said. "He's real down to earth. We went to the Grove, walked the strip, ate a lot, the usual. We hung out with the players, played games. You can tell the University of Miami is just a big family."

Still, he left without making a commitment, rather a promise to coach Randy Shannon he would make a sound choice. "He said no matter where I go, he'll be happy for me," McCartney said. "He said just make sure wherever I chose to go make sure that's where I want to go, that it's the place for me. Coach Shannon is real cool like that."

McCartney said any rumors of him having picked a school already are false. He said people saying he'd choose West Virginia because of his academic situation "don't know what they are talking about."

"As far as I know, you need the same ACT or SAT score to get into Miami as you do as West Virginia. I think you need an 18," said McCartney, who has raised his GPA from a 2.1 to a 2.7 and scored a 15 on the ACT exam. "Regardless of which school I pick, I know I have more work to do in the class room. This decision will be based on the best fit for me."

So what are his family members and friends saying is the best fit? According to McCartney, his teammates would love for him to pick West Virginia, but are not pressuring him at all. And his mom, who would like for him to stay home, has told him the same.

"Believe it or not, Gino [West Virginia quarterback Eugene Smith] tell me to pick the best school for me," McCartney said. "My mom told me as long as I'm comfortable and able to do something after football with a degree, she's fine with wherever I go."

McCartney said that choice would have been the Gators at the start of the season. Florida's need for receivers and its rich recent history were attractive early on. But he said the way Miami and West Virginia have come at him this year have made it "a three horse race."

"To be honest, in the beginning of the football season Florida was the school I was going to go to," McCartney said. "But I kept it quiet. There's something about Florida I don't feel for the other schools, a very strong, loving feeling. The atmosphere is wild. The campus is outrageous. They have swagger. A lot of people thought Florida was going to drop when Billy Gonzalez, who recruited me, left. But I learned early on you can't go to a school off coaches. Any coach can leave at any given time. You success depends on how you work as a player. Florida is an awesome place with whoever is coaching there."

As for West Virginia, where former Miramar quarterback Eugene Smith is waiting to throw him passes, McCartney said he believes its only a matter of time before the Mountaineers win a national title. "They lack receiver depth, which is huge for me," McCartney said. "The coaches are very down to earth and cool. They have a family over there, just like Miami. One thing I noticed, though, is they lack the swagger. If I go up to West Virginia, I'd love to bring some of the swagger up there. Because to me, they have a chance to go to the national championship soon. With Eugene, Noel [Devine], they have a chance to do big things."

The Hurricanes, he feels, are also close to winning a national title. And if he had to sit out a season, redshirt and learn on the scout team, he said he'd have no problem with that. "There's nothing left to say about Miami, really," McCartney said. "It's The U. Miami is just a home away from home. Players are cool. Coaches are cool. Of all the schools I've visited, they are the most close in a family way. And nothing makes you feel better than a family."

McCartney will announce his decision Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. "I'm going to do it real big, maybe bring in 10 hats to confuse people," McCartney said. "Honestly, I just can't wait until Wednesday."

ANOTHER RECRUITING TIDBIT...

> UM lost out on defensive tackle Jeffrey Whitaker from Warner Robins, Ga. on Monday. The 6-3, 295-pound defensive tackle picked Auburn over Georgia and the Canes.

Word is UM feels better about its chances with Virginia prep school defensive tackle Ego Ferguson, who will announce his college choice on CBS College Sports Network Wednesday morning at 11 a.m.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy