Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-23-2010, 06:32 PM         #6901
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Florida State OFF. Coordinator Tweeting Bad Things About Miami

Would anyone want one of our coaches posting this type of stuff on Twitter?

Jan 22 post:
"Mission accomplised- I thought I told U--FEAR THE SPEAR"

Jan 11:
"CHANGE--its punchng U in the mouth"

-Make no mistake... this is MY-ami - i walk, i talk, i think 305... U just live here
-tough to TWEET while STEPPING on NECKS!!! Unconquered - WE ARE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY - SWAG-UP
-Just landed in the 305, shouldve let me FLY the plane, we wouldve BEEN here hours ago! MIA get ready!!!
-Headed back to the 305 - NO REST - get ready for the second WIND

There are lots lots more.
 01-23-2010, 06:34 PM         #6902
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FSU OFF. Coordinator James Coley is His Name
 7 years ago '04        #6903
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
 Dchis said:
Florida State OFF. Coordinator Tweeting Bad Things About Miami

Would anyone want one of our coaches posting this type of stuff on Twitter?

Jan 22 post:
"Mission accomplised- I thought I told U--FEAR THE SPEAR"

Jan 11:
"CHANGE--its punchng U in the mouth"

-Make no mistake... this is MY-ami - i walk, i talk, i think 305... U just live here
-tough to TWEET while STEPPING on NECKS!!! Unconquered - WE ARE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY - SWAG-UP
-Just landed in the 305, shouldve let me FLY the plane, we wouldve BEEN here hours ago! MIA get ready!!!
-Headed back to the 305 - NO REST - get ready for the second WIND

There are lots lots more.

junior G ?
 7 years ago '04        #6904
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM rejects Pahokee commit Buxton

> Posted by Steve Dorsey on January 22, 2010 05:13 PM
The University of Miami has informed Pahokee defensive back Raheam Buxton that it is withdrawing its scholarship offer because of academic reasons, Pahokee coach Blaze Thompson said Friday.

Thompson said he was informed by UM about two weeks ago that Buxton "didn't meet their (academic) qualifications." Miami is a private school.

"I don't want to bash UM, but we're disappointed," Thompson said.

Thompson said he has called UM coach Randy Shannon to confirm everything and get clarification on why Buxton is being rejected for admission, and has been told that Shannon will contact him on Saturday.

Thompson said that Buxton visited Western Michigan last weekend and it's possible that he will be accepted there. Buxton is one of nine Pahokee players who have received offers from Division I schools.

"We're proud of that," Thompson said.
 7 years ago '04        #6905
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Kelvin Cain out to shed "sleeper" label

> Posted by Shandel Richardson on January 21, 2010 05:35 PM
Kelvin Cain has heard all the talk.

When he committed to Hurricanes in early January,it was met with little hoopla from fans. Cain wasn't exactly highly ranked coming out of Clovis (Calif.) Buchanon High. He was immediately referred to as a "sleeper" recruit.

"I mean, I really don't care what people say," said Cain, a linebacker. "They think I'm a sleeper. All I want to do is just work and get better. I really don't pay attention to that Internet stuff. I really don't look at it. It's pointless to me."

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Cain, who will begin his official UM visit Thursday, was being recruited by the likes of Nevada, Arizona and Fresno State. He jumped at the chance to play for the Hurricanes, basically shutting down the recruiting process after accepting the offer.

"I know what I can do on the field," Cain said. "I'm a big guy with quick feet and I can play outside and middle linebacker. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I'm going to do what I've got to do."

Cain won't enroll until the summer, but plans to join his high school track team this team to stay active. Judging by his photos, Cain isn't a player who needs to be persuaded to visit the gym. He bench presses nearly 300 pounds, saying he comes from a family dedicated to fitness.

His brother, Reginald, is a student at Oregon and in the process of becoming a personal trainer.

"I've got to stay fit," Cain said. "My whole family is about fitness. It was the way I was brought up. We'd all go to the gym and workout together."

A few thoughts:

--Expect fullback Pat Hillto participate in spring drills. He's been cleared to receive a medical redshirt after missing last season with an ankle injury.

--Quarterback Jacory Harris continues to wear a cast on his right throwing hand after undergoing recent surgery. The cast is even colored orange and green. Also, guard Joel Figueroa appears to have had offseason shoulder surgery.
 7 years ago '07        #6906
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
i said that on the last page

gotta love everyone competing for every spot.

competition breeds excellence....
 7 years ago '05        #6907
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
travis williams the dude from va...i doubt he signs with us...if he does, he wont qualify my boy in va say his grades are horrible...might be going prep
 01-23-2010, 11:10 PM         #6908
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like these under the radar guys...

I'll take those guys over the overrated players where everything is given to them

*cough* Jeff Luc *cough*
 01-24-2010, 01:51 PM         #6909
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LB Cain Talks About Uncommitted Recruits

Linebacker Kelvin Cain from Buchanan High in Clovis, California, basically ended his recruitment about two weeks ago.

Cain (6-3, 220) received a Miami offer back on January 8th and committed to Coach Micheal Barrow immediately on the spot.

Cain headed down to Coral Gables this weekend for an official visit to get his first look at his home for the next four years.

“You know nothing really surprised me, I just had a good time with some of my fellow teammates,” Cain said. “It was really just a good time to be honest with you.”

Cain came by himself on the trip, and he talked about his Sunday morning meeting with Coach Shannon.

“Yea I did sit down to talk with him this morning before I left,” Cain said. “He was just seeing if I had a good time and I liked everything that I saw. This was my first time seeing campus and there was a lot of diversity on the coaching staff.”

Cain was one of eight commitments taking their official visits this weekend, so he got to meet some of his future teammates as is typical of visits at this time of year.

“I really can’t single out nobody, we all had this experience together,” Cain said. “We went out to eat and we was looking at a couple beaches, seeing the water. We went to some of the dorms to hang out and play video games.”

Cain also did his best to convince the uncommitted visitors about Miami, and he broke down where he felt each of the three stood with Miami following the visit.

“We were trying to convince him and he ended up committing so I guess we did a good job with that,” Cain said. “Yes sir, Jimmy Gaines did commit. Asante (Cleveland) is real close to making his decision and he said he’s coming here. Mike (Palardy) is going to Tennessee man, he wasn’t feeling Miami so we couldn’t say nothing to him.”

Cain went on to talk about what he has going on in the ten days remaining before he will sign on the dotted line with Miami.

“Just working out, focusing on school, and basketball,” Cain said. “I’m not taking any other visits so I’m just taking it easy until it is that time to sign.”
 7 years ago '05        #6910
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
 The Lefty said:
I like these under the radar guys...

I'll take those guys over the overrated players where everything is given to them

*cough* Jeff Luc *cough*
LMAO Sounds like something a Team with a bunch of nobodies woulds say HAHAH
 7 years ago '05        #6911
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
Jones didnt even wanna visit you bums...

7 years ago '06        #6912
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
bums? we beat you and we own you historically

if we are bums what does that make you clown???

look at rivals since you like rankings so much... year in an year out you have brought in much better classes than the class you have but you still are losers

shut the f**k you moron there isnt no recruiting championships
 01-26-2010, 09:23 PM         #6913
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RB Cooper Could Be Back For 2010 Season

After Graig Cooper's knee injury in the Champs Sports Bowl, talk was that he would sit out next season, get a redshirt and return to UM in 2011. But Cooper's father, Tino Thomas, said the surgically repaired injury was less serious than feared, doctors are optimistic, and Cooper believes he will be ready to start the 2010 season.

Cooper was told he had a partial ACL tear and no MCL tear; though a partial tear, after surgery, can take as long to heal as a full tear. Cooper's physician, Lee Kaplan, would not comment, but three doctors who have operated on NFL players expressed optimism about Cooper playing in 2010.

``His chances of getting back next season are pretty good,'' said Steven Cohen, who operates on Philadelphia-area pro athletes. ``If he returns in September, it might take another month for him to feel where he was before the injury.''

Cooper's father said his son was told he should be ready after four to six months, though some players with that injury need between six and nine months. UM's Sept. 2 opener against Florida A&M would be 7 ˝ months after surgery.

Cooper, previously projected as a second-round pick, would need to regain his old form to earn a lot of playing time. Damien Berry will be the favorite to start, and teammates rave about Lamar Miller, who Jacory Harris said is UM's fastest back.

Mike James will be a factor, and don't discount Lee Chambers. Plus, two of UM's top recruits, Storm Johnson and Eduardo Clements, are early enrollees. If Cooper is healthy enough to play, it doesn't seem likely he would agree to sit out 2010 and return to UM in 2011, delaying an NFL career.
 7 years ago '05        #6914
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
so apparently shannon pulled lemoniers offer...yaaay randy
 01-27-2010, 05:38 AM         #6915
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WR Ivan McCartney Talking About His Decision

As a former college football star at West Virginia and professional football player, Damon Cogdell is trying his best to prepare Ivan McCartney for the tough decision he's going to have to make soon. As McCartney's football coach at Class 6A state champion Miramar High, Cogdell is also trying to toe the fine line of telling him what's right for him and letting him think all for himself.

McCartney still hasn't decided whether or not to join the team he grew up rooting for in Coral Gables, his former high school teammates who are now Mountaineers, or fill some big receiver needs for Urban Meyer at the University of Florida. But after McCartney spends his last recruiting weekend at the University of Miami beginning this Friday, Cogdell expects him to be ready with a decision come Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m.

"I think he kind of has his mind set of where he's going, but he'll know for sure by Monday," Cogdell said. "I told him he has to be thick skinned. This is a business decision, not an emotional decision. He's taking everything into account.

"He wants to go up to a place where he can play and make a big impact on that team right away. And if not right away, he wants to play the next year. I told him, he also has to look at the school with the highest graduation rate, which coach has been the most loyal to you and always been there. I don't like it when the coach calls you and just talks football. Neither does he. I told him you can't look at in terms of where you are going to live the rest of your life, just the next four years. At the end of the day, he knows it's his life decision."

McCartney, a 6-3, 180-pound U.S. Army All-American, hasn't spoken to reporters recently. But last week, when he came in to take his photos as an All-Broward First Team selection, he spoke to me for five minutes about what he was feeling. Ultimately, he wants to make the best decision for himself. Most experts believe with his coach being a West Virginia grad and two teammates already playing for the Mountaineers (current Miramar receiver Dante Chambers is a WV commitment), the Hurricanes don't stand much of a chance. But McCartney insisted when I talked to him the Hurricanes are very much in it.

"When I went to West Virginia, I felt like I was at home, especially with [quarterback Eugene] Smith and [receiver] Steadman [Bailey] up there," said McCartney, who caught 37 passes for 693 yards and 10 touchdowns -- including three in the state championship victory.

"West Virginia was a fit for Gino and Steadman. I'm not saying it's a fit for me or it isn't. I have to find somewhere that is a fit for me."

Although some might believe otherwise, McCartney said he is not turned off by the number of receivers currently on the Canes roster (1 senior, 4 juniors, 3 sophomores). "I feel like anywhere you go there are going to be receivers," McCartney said. "Depending on your work ethic, that will determine if you get on the field or not. I know anywhere I go, I'm going to work hard to get on the field."

Cogdell calls McCartney's relationship and his own with UM coaches "outstanding."

"Miami has been there loyally for a long time," Cogdell said. "Coach Shannon and I have a great relationship. We have history together. We both grew up at Scott Park. He recruited me coming out of high school. He coached me when he was an a.ssistant with the Dolphins, when I was a linebacker there. We talk all the time about life, how we both grew up at Scott Park and became coaches. He's come by the school a couple times and had a great in home visit with Ivan. They've done what they've had to do."

The question remains, though, will it be enough to keep McCartney home? "I'll find out Monday, but you'll find out Wednesday like everybody else," Cogdell said with a laugh. "I told him to enjoy it, have a little fun with it."

A FEW MORE TIDBITS...

> Locally, McCartney might be the only player Hurricanes fans will be holding the breath for on National Signing Day. Although I haven't spoken to Hialeah defensive end Corey Lemonier of late, our Larry Blustein says it looks more and more like the No. 1 recruit in Miami-Dade County will be going to Florida State.

> Speaking of Mr. Blustein, he and I recorded three podcasts in a Countdown To National Signing Day on Monday night. They are all available for download on our high school podcast The Countdown . Part 2 of our discussion is on the University of Miami.

> Two years ago, Jordan Futch became sort of the spokesman for the 2008 recruiting class. This year, I'd have to say that guy is Gainesville High linebacker Kevin Nelson . The more I talk to the kid, the more I'm reminded of the old school Canes mentality. The kid bleeds green and orange. I'll have a full interview (audio included) for you tomorrow.
 7 years ago '05        #6916
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
mccartney wants to come here...cept his grades are whats holding him back, nother job well down ms.shalala
 7 years ago '07        #6917
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:
mccartney wants to come here...cept his grades are whats holding him back, nother job well down ms.shalala
Yea....nobody outside canes fans really knows but that woman is a real b**ch. She better not hold this program back
 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM         #6918
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LB Commit Kevin Nelson Talking UM

Kevin Nelson can't contain his excitement. In a week, the Gainesville Sun's Class 6A-3A Player of the Year will be able to put pen to paper, sign his name on a National Letter of Intent and officially call himself a Miami Hurricane.

For Nelson, a 6-1, 215-pound middle linebacker, National Signing Day can't come fast enough. Neither can June 12th. That's the day he scheduled to graduate from Gainesville High. Three hours after he takes off his gap and gown, Nelson says, he plans to drive down to South Florida where he'll move in with cousin and future University of Miami teammate Demarcus Van Dyke. Soon after that, Nelson says, he plans on putting on an orange and white jersey with the number 52 on it. That would be the same number of his idol, Canes great Ray Lewis.

Ask Nelson where he'll be come the season opener in September against Florida A&M and he's got a prediction on that, too. He says he'll be starting at middle linebacker, on his way to the ACC Rookie of the Year award and leading the Hurricanes to a national title.

To say Nelson dreams big would be an understatement. But if you ask his coach, his family and his friends, the fact Nelson is making bold predictions about his future is a welcome relief -- because it wasn't long ago that Nelson wasn't sure where he was headed.

A troubled teenager, Nelson had trouble coping with the death of his mother, Bonnie Coleman, who died in 2002 after a long battle with brain and lung cancer. His biological father, Connie, who died last year from a stroke, didn't develop a relationship with him until he was older. Discipline and focus? It's taken time for Nelson to wrestle with that.

"It was crazy, man," Nelson said. "My brother was off to college so it was just me and my mother when I was little. My stepfather, when he was in the picture, was usually off to work. So, I'd come home and take care of my mom when she was sick. Sometimes, I wasn't able to do my homework because I was crying at night, trying to see if my mom was OK. It was hard. Things like that mess up a kid at that age. It takes time for them to learn how to be strong, realize that this happened for a reason. It was a battle. It still is to this day."

Nelson's battle became his aunt Shirley Williams' problem. Thankfully, he says, with his cousins off at college and plenty of room for him in her house, Nelson was able to grow up with plenty of support. He'd watch the Golden Girls with his grandmother, Irene Cudog, and his aunt, and iron out his behavioral issues. In a lot of ways, he says, he looks up to Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon, who grew up with plenty of his own family struggles. He considers the way both grew up "a deep bond."

"On Sunday, the last day of my official visit, we were talking about that," Nelson said. "He told me about how things were hard for him growing up, family members he lost. He told me situations like that prepare you for life, make you stronger. The way I see it, he never quit and ended up great. It took me some time to figure out how life is. In the ninth grade, I finally got control of it. I just turned a whole 180 degree turn and made some success in my life."

Now, Nelson says, he can't wait to go battle for Shannon. And the truth is, the Hurricanes might be stealing a superstar under Florida coach Urban Meyer's nose.

Nelson, rated a four-star recruit by ESPN and the third-best inside linebacker in the country, has developed into a far better player than most expected. He finished his senior season with 141 tackles, three sacks, two interceptions, three forced fumbles and helped Gainesville High to its city championship since 1988. His coach, Ryan Smith, said Nelson and teammate/fellow UM recruit Devont'a Davis (a 6-1, 170-pound cornerback) are the two primary reasons why the program went from 1-8 to 5-5 to 10-2 and its first playoff victory since Clinton Portis was around in 1998.

"Great players make great coaches," Smith said. "Miami is getting great players. They led the way for us all year. Their leadership, work ethic and the ability to make plays is phenomenal. If you want to look at one game. Look at the win over Buchholz. We won 14-9. Kevin scored both touchdowns (interception and a fumble recovery) and Devonta intercepts a pass on a two-point conversion at the end of the game to clinch it."

Former UM recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt jumped on Nelson early. But if you ask Nelson, it was his persistence that got the Hurricanes to offer him a scholarship his junior year after the Gators passed and UCF and Arkansas were the only programs who bit.

"Before Miami even recruited me, I had to call them," Nelson said. "I called Ms. Cindy in the office and got coach Barrow's office number. I kept calling it and calling it until I got coach Barrow on the phone. After that, It just went from there.

"I told him 'I want to be the guy you can count on in fourth down situations, you feel me? Or, the guy you want to put it on his shoulders and be the leader -- the whole season -- of the defense. I don't want to give up no rushing yards, no passing yards and have the DBs and safeties moving, the d-line moving and linebackers making plays.' I told him I wanted to be that guy. He said 'Dang man, I really like the way you're talking.' After that, he fell in love with the way I was talking. I sent him film and two or three weeks later, coach Shannon offered me."

Nelson didn't have to sell himself his senior year. LSU, Florida, and a number of other SEC schools came looking for him. Although the offer to play for LSU "and beat UF every year" was tempting, the Hurricanes stayed on him hard. And soon, UM could be reaping the benefits. With Darryl Sharpton gone, the Hurricanes do not have a bonafide starting middle linebacker. Going into the spring, most expect senior Colin McCarthy to slide over to the middle and Sean Spence, Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanon to eat up most of the snaps at outside linebacker. Nelson, the only middle linebacker in a class with five outside linebackers, could ultimately find his way into playing time if he catches on quickly.

"I feel like I'm the best linebacker coming in this class -- and I feel like with the guys I've been around and the knowledge I'm going to be receiving it will be something great for the University of Miami," Nelson said. "It's about time for Coach Shannon to get another ring on his finger. I told him I'm going to do everything in my power, with the last breath in my body to get him that championship ring."
 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM         #6919
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Players Miami Recruited in South Florida

Obviously this is just one man's opinion but since one of the major discussion topics lately has been about Miami's recruiting performance in south Florida this year, I thought I'd break it down. Below are the top 25 kids, from my top 100 list, in the tri-county area (Dade/Broward/Palm Beach).

1. Matt Elam, S, Dwyer -- The Canes offered him early but he was one of Florida's first commitments and grew up a Gator fan.

2. Corey Lemonier, DE, Hialeah -- He's expected to choose between FSU and Auburn next week. Miami was never seriously in the running, even though they recruited him. He grew up an FSU fan.

3. Gerald Christian, TE, Dwyer -- The Canes offered him but he committed very early to Florida, despite growing up an FSU fan.

4. Ivan McCartney, WR, Miramar -- He grew up a Miami fan and is visiting here this weekend. If he had a qualifying test score, I think he'd be a commitment. West Virginia is the other option.

5. Brandon Linder, OL, St. Thomas -- COMMITMENT

6. Lamarcus Joyner, CB, St. Thomas -- Per one of his former coaches, the Canes never actively recruited him, probably because Randy Shannon doesn't have a history of recruiting 5-8 corners. He's committed to FSU, his dream school.

7. Demar Dorsey, S, BA -- The Canes never recruited him. He committed to Florida early on but is now considering FSU.

8. Chris Dunkley, WR, Pahokee -- The Canes offered but fell out of the running by the end of the season. He committed to Florida, his favorite team growing up.

9. Eduardo Clements, RB, Booker T. -- COMMITMENT

10. Willis Wright, S, Miami Springs -- He's a Juco prospect right now although he is expected to sign with FIU. His dream school was Miami and he named the Canes his leader at the time when they were recruiting him. If he had a qualifying test score, I'm pretty sure he'd be committed to the Canes.

11. Lynden Trail, DE, Booker T. -- The Canes offered him in the spring but he chose the school he always wanted to play for, the Gators.

12. James Louis, WR, Atlantic -- The Canes offered in the spring but he committed to Ohio State and that's when Miami backed off. At the time of his OSU commitment, I'm pretty sure Miami would have taken his commitment.

13. Jon Feliciano, OG, Western -- COMMITMENT

14. Delvin Jones, DE, Palmetto -- He's been at four different schools and still doesn't have a passing test score. Miami never recruited him and he's likely a Juco prospect right now.

15. Greg Dent, S, Glades -- He was offered in the spring and committed to the Canes during the season before switching to Florida State, the school he grew up wanting to play for.

16. Jakhari Gore, RB, Coral Gables -- The cousin of Frank Gore, Jakhari has been excellent over the last few seasons. He was never recruited by Miami, however, probably because he's only 5-foot-8 and Randy Shannon doesn't recruit 5-8 backs.

17. Allen Hurns, WR, Carol City -- COMMITMENT

18. Quadarias Mireles, WR, Atlantic -- Mireles committed to Ole Miss in October but began getting recruited by Miami after the season. He is not qualified for UM and is trying to enroll at Ole Miss for the spring. If he had a qualifying test score, I'm convinced he'd be a Cane.

19. Gio Bernard, RB, St. Thomas -- The Canes offered him back in the spring but backed off when Darion Hall committed. He seemed like a Plan B kid from the beginning so you can't consider this a loss.

20. Michaelee Harris, WR, Miami NW -- The Canes offered Harris early in the process and he wanted to be a Cane. However, his test score was a little low and one of his coaches told me he chose Louisville because he could get in with his current score. NO LOSS

21. Brandon Gainer, RB, Central -- He was the leading rusher in Dade over the last two years among the city schools. Miami never recruited him and chose to instead pursue Darion Hall as their big back early in the process. NO LOSS

22. Shane McDermott, OC, PB Central -- COMMITMENT

23. Keion Payne, CB, St. Thomas -- COMMITMENT

24. Shawn Corker, WR, Gibbons -- The Canes offered him in the spring but seemingly backed off not too long later. He committed to Texas Tech and when several other schools began recruiting him again when Mike Leach was fired, Miami was not one of them. NO LOSS

25. Devon Wright, RB, Taravella -- He was Broward's leading rusher over the past two seasons. His grades were a question mark throughout the entire process and thus his options were limited. Miami never recruited him and he's committed to Minnesota. NO LOSS

* Commitments (20%): Linder (UM fan growing up), Clements (FSU), Feliciano (UM), McDermott (UM), Payne (UM)
* Offered but didn't get (28%): Elam (UF), Christian (FSU), Lemonier (FSU), Dunkley (UF), Trail (UF), Louis (FSU), Dent (FSU)
* Never recruited (20%): Joyner, Dorsey, Gore, Gainer, Wright
* Offered early but seemed to back off (8%): Bernard, Corker
* Not available academically (16%): Wright, Jones, Mireles, Harris

* Others who were offered and committed: QB Stephen Morris, TE Clive Walford, OL Jermaine Barton, DE David Perry, and DT Delmar Taylor

Note: McCartney was left off the bottom since it's unclear what he plans on doing but even if he ends up at WVU, I won't count that as an "offer but didn't get" for the reasons mentioned.

Analysis:
Seven local players were offered scholarships but ended up at other schools. That's probably the biggest reason for people being critical of Miami's recruiting efforts in south Florida this year. This class would be a heck of a lot better if those kids, or even just a few of them, were in this year's class. In defense of the Canes, none of the seven grew up Miami fans. It was just one of those years. On the flipside, only one of the 10 commitments grew up a fan of someone else (Clements).

What does all this mean? It appears the Canes didn't change enough minds in this year's recruiting class. That's half the recruiting battle and for whatever reason, the Canes didn't get it done. Fortunately for the Canes, a high number of the top players still list UM as their dream school every year and 2011 will be no different. The key to turning this thing around will be their ability to change more minds starting next year.
 7 years ago '07        #6920
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
If Nelsons game backs up his talk
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago