Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
45 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6881
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Early Enrollees Report to UM
Jan. 20, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Storm Johnson.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Every January high school seniors across the country are continuing the trend of enrolling into college a semester early.

This is no different at the University of Miami.

Five recruits including UM's top recruit, Loganville (Ga.) running back Storm Johnson, have begun their collegiate careers as spring classes started Tuesday in Coral Gables.

Joining Johnson at UM is his roommate and childhood friend Tyrone Cornileus from Stone Mountain, Ga., Monsignor Pace quarterback Stephen Morris, Palm Beach Central center Shane McDermott and Milford (N.Y) offensive lineman Malcolm Bunche, who originally signed with UM in 2009.

These five will participate in spring practices, which are scheduled to begin in late February and the spring game in March.

Booker T. Washington running back Eduardo Clements said he anticipates joining these five as early as January 25 and is looking forward to competing for playing time in a crowded backfield.

"I think I’m going to play this spring but my time might be limited because there’s (Damien) Berry, (Lamar) Miller, Mike James, and people like that,” Clements said. “The times that I do get the ball, I’m going to show the coaches that I can play at a high level."

Carol City wide receiver Allen Hurns had planned on enrolling, but his status is still in question.

Clements and Hurns have until January 27 to register and add classes.

The freshmen who will be participating in spring practices greatly improve their chances of playing in the fall as head coach Randy Shannon has stated repeatedly about the benefits players have by enrolling early, learning how to juggle the scheduling of college life, and adjust on the field as opposed to coming in the summer or in August.

Last year, six players enrolled early, five of which saw action during their first season.

In comparison, of the other 11 in the class, only two--Ray Ray Armstrong and A.J. Highsmith--received playing time.

When players sign early they can count to either the previous year's signing class limit of 25 or they can count in the current year.

Because Miami had such a small class last year, these five will count towards last year's signing class giving the coaching staff some leeway. If there are not any transfers at Miami, which is not expected, the Hurricanes will be very close to the 85 scholarship limit a.ssuming all of their current commitments stick.
 01-22-2010, 11:38 AM         #6882
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Recruiting Talk

Casselberry (Fla.) Lake Howell linebacker Christian Jones is another five-star prospect with USC interest, and he is expected to take an official visit this weekend. His affinity for USC defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin is not a secret, but it will be hard to beat Florida State here.

Barring any major surprises, Christian Jones will be a Seminole come Signing Day. While he's listed as a linebacker, most feel Jones' future is at defensive end. Another top defensive end, Hialeah (Fla.) High's Corey Lemonier, apparently has made his decision but will wait until Signing Day to announce. This looks to be a two-team battle between FSU and Auburn, unless Miami pulls a shocker. Confidence is a bit higher on the Auburn side, but a few players at the Under Armour Game have said Lemonier was an FSU lean at the time. If he did indeed choose his team two weeks ago, as he said, that could bode well for the 'Noles.

And four-star defensive end J.R. Ferguson of Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military has decided to take a visit to Tallahassee this weekend. FSU is a bit of a long shot, with Ferguson favoring LSU and Cal heading into the trip. He is also scheduled to visit Miami on Jan. 29, but a good visit would put the 'Noles in the mix.

One of the top defensive ends at the U.S. Army National Combine was Tampa Alonso's Anthony Chickillo, and that should be good news for Miami fans since his father and grandfather played for the Hurricanes. Miami has to be considered a front-runner for Chickillo, but he's not ready to make any commitment yet.
 01-22-2010, 11:39 AM         #6883
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quadarias Mireles Not Coming To UM

The 5' 11", 175 pound slot receiver out of Atlantic (FL) has been wavering back and forth with his Ole Miss commitment. Reports came out that he might visit Miami this weekend. To learn what his intentions are, read below.

"I am sticking with Ole Miss," added Quadarias Mireles through text. "I am going to be there Saturday if I am cleared (by the NCAA Clearinghouse) in time."

Mireles graduated a semester early from Atlantic and is trying to enroll at Ole Miss for the spring semester. If he were to go to Miami, he would have to retake the ACT test and score two points higher, which means he would have to wait until at least the summer before enrolling at the "U"..

What if "Q" is not cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse by Saturday. Will he take in a visit with the local team, Miami, over the weekend?

"No, I am not visiting Miami."

Does he feel good about his chances to get cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse in time to enroll for the spring semester at Ole Miss?

"Coach Vaughn told me that it might take until Tuesday before they clear me. He feels good about it though."

What if he is not cleared in time to enroll for the spring semester at the University of Mississippi. Would he stick with Ole Miss or explore his options and possibly sign with Miami in February?

"I am sticking with Ole Miss."
 01-22-2010, 11:41 AM         #6884
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
More Miami Recruting Talk

3-star TE prospect Clive Walford has gone back and forth on whether or not to take a visit to South Carolina this weekend. They kept recruiting him, even after his commitment to the Canes, and he was scheduled to go there this weekend. My sources in SC told me Thursday night that the Gamecocks cancelled his visit and so he's no longer going there. When asked if he's going anywhere else, Walford said no on Thursday night. It appears Miami has cleared the last hurdle with him. He visited here last month, committed back in the summer, and doesn't have anything on his schedule for the next two weekends.

* Speaking of Palm Beach commitments, Pahokee safety Raheam Buxton has yet to take his official visit to Miami and he said Thursday that he doesn't have one scheduled. In other words, don't expect him to visit or sign here next month. I've been telling you guys this since the day he first committed last summer. He was recruited by Clint Hurtt, who is now coaching at Louisville. I believe the Canes will finish this class out with 4 DBs -- Kacy Rodgers, Devont'a Davis, Jeremy Davis, and Keion Payne.

* 3-star WR Quadarias Mireles was going back and forth about a possible visit to Miami this weekend. He still has not been cleared by Ole Miss to enroll there next week like he hopes but he won't be taking a visit here this weekend, he said Thursday. Mireles hopes to get cleared by Ole Miss to start school there next month but even if they don't and he has to wait until NSD, it appears he's going to stick to his commitment to them. If any of that changes, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

* 4-star TE prospect Christian Thomas was originally scheduled to visit here this weekend but instead of plans on re-taking the SAT since it's the last time he can take it before NSD. My California sources are saying he COULD reschedule for a mid-week trip next week but I don't think it'll happen. I expect him to visit USC next weekend and then choose to stay out West for college.

* I'm hearing that 4-star OLB prospect Christian Jones is more of a longshot than ever for the Canes. He's not taking a visit this weekend because of a basketball tournament and is scheduled to see USC on an official visit next weekend. He went to Gainesville last weekend, unofficially, and has also been to Notre Dame, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Alabama. I still expect him to sign with the Noles but I keep hearing OU and Notre Dame are keeping it close.

* 4-star DT prospect Bjoern Werner, who became a new name on Miami's recruiting radar a few weeks ago when they went to visit with him, has narrowed his list down to Oregon and Florida State according to my FSU sources. They're not confident about getting him and so I expect him to sign with the Ducks in two weeks.

* A new name to the Miami recruiting list, that I first announced on Thursday night, is linebacker James Gaines from Buffalo. He's a 6-2 kid who runs well, is very athletic, and was a first team all-state player in NY this past season. He's currently committed to the Univ of Buffalo. It's a lot easier for kids up there to fly under the recruiting radar because so few schools recruit up there. He doesn't have an offer yet but is visiting here this weekend and could have one by the end of the weekend. I'll have a full interview posted with his coach on Friday.
 7 years ago '04        #6885
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Christian Jones is on campus right now. He moved the USC visit because he wanted to visit Miami
 7 years ago '05        #6886
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
 Cap Peeler said:
Christian Jones is on campus right now. He moved the USC visit because he wanted to visit Miami
FALSE... he was already gonna visit Miami.. Then FSU.. The USC on the 29th... Christian Jones will be a NOLE .. point blank period.
 7 years ago '05        #6887
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
Yalls recruiting class this year is making me realize just how far the Canes are from being back.. I thought maybe after this year.. yall would have a top 10 class and get back.. but nah.
 7 years ago '07        #6888
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 CO Butta said:
Yalls recruiting class this year is making me realize just how far the Canes are from being back.. I thought maybe after this year.. yall would have a top 10 class and get back.. but nah.
I still dont get how noles fans can even talk trash. Yall lost to us and you finished 6-6, real good job there. Second, yall had to push away the best coach you will ever have. And that situation was embarrassing as s**t. And last, your not even on the brink of being revelant again...luc and joyner arent gonna save your program, no matter how good they are, sorry to tell you

Keep convincing yourself that the noles are a threat tho
 7 years ago '05        #6889
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 ttime236 said:
I still dont get how noles fans can even talk trash. Yall lost to us and you finished 6-6, real good job there. Second, yall had to push away the best coach you will ever have. And that situation was embarrassing as s**t. And last, your not even on the brink of being revelant again...luc and joyner arent gonna save your program, no matter how good they are, sorry to tell you

Keep convincing yourself that the noles are a threat tho
Time will tell... .. and our class is and will be far more than just Luc and Joyner.

Last edited by CO Butta; 01-22-2010 at 04:23 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #6890
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 CO Butta said:
Time will tell... .. and our class is and will be far more than just Luc and Joyner.
Please believe it takes more than a rivals ranking to be a elite team again. We got the #1 class in 08 and there has been mad growing pains. If your class is as good as it seems, it still wont be until 2012 or 2013 yall see it pay off

s**t our class isnt amazing by the numbers, but it takes player development anyways to get legit college ballplayers
 01-22-2010, 04:31 PM         #6891
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CO Butta said:
Have you seen all the Canes recruits play? Have you evaluated them in person?

My guess is no. So please stop following every word of "Junior Rivals G"..

Stars don't mean s**t.

Canes > Noles right now whether you like it or not
 7 years ago '07        #6892
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
exactly yall need to jus hope yall can win 6 games

plus yall come to us this yr

them boys is juniors now

we winnin 11 games
 7 years ago '06        #6893
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
the noles class is sick every season

look at them tho
 7 years ago '04        #6894
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 CO Butta said:
IS JUNIOR GAY AN IDIOT?

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #6895
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
n*ggas mad because this year we mostly went after needs heavily and we will not chase after media wh0ores.

We want football players that will compete 100%.

You have to earn ya spot on miami.....f**k them n*ggas that want them handed to em. Cant wait to smack the s**t outta fsu again. Shouldnt they be worried bout that trip to Raymond James they gotta take....f**kin scrubs
 7 years ago '04        #6896
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 P. Dedos said:
the noles class is sick every season

look at them tho
basically

the Noles do the least with the most talent, every year they get stud recruits and only have 2 titles to show for it.....where dey do dat at?

even the gators done passed yall in championships, SLAP YASELVES:slap:
 01-23-2010, 08:30 AM         #6897
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Visits Today

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- With the process entering the final two weekends of official visits, it’s that time of year where recruiting really heats up. Many recruits have taken some official visits already, but more have trips still remaining on their schedule.

This list contains all the different recruits that are on Miami’s campus this weekend for a visit, whether it be official or unofficial. For each prospect, you’ll see where he is from, his current recruiting status, along with the schools he’s considering if he’s not solidly committed to one school.

Confirmed on Campus

TE Asante Cleveland, Sacramento Christian Brothers (California)

Story: Miami is looking for another tight end in this class and Cleveland is one of the remaining targets. He would like to stay loyal to Washington State where he committed back in September, but the opportunity Miami presents may be too much to pass up.

LB James Gaines, Buffalo Canisius (New York)
Status: Soft Buffalo Commitment, also considering UM, Syracuse, Connecticut

Story: Gaines was a late addition to this weekend’s list and is still waiting on a Miami offer. It seems as simple as if he gets a Miami offer this weekend, he will likely commit on the spot. If he doesn’t, there is a good chance he sticks with his commitment to the local school in Buffalo.

LB Kelvin Cain, Clovis Buchanan (California)

Story: Cain committed on the spot to Miami when he received an offer two weeks ago. He doesn’t have too many other scholarship offers and Miami will be the only visit he takes.

LB Travis Williams, Norfolk Lake Taylor (Virginia)

Story: Williams won’t actually be arriving in Coral Gables until Saturday but Miami fans have nothing to worry about here. He grew up a big fan if the Canes and knew where he wanted to go as soon as he got a Miami offer in May.

OL Jonathan Feliciano, Davie Western

Story: Feliciano was a complete unknown when he committed to Miami back in April but has since picked up double digit offers. He did take an official visit to Wake Forest back in September but is now solid and not considering other schools.

FB Maurice Hagens, Tampa Bay Tech

Story: Hagens committed to Miami all the way back in June and has never wavered. Miami will be his only official visit and he isn’t considering any other schools.

CB Kacy Rodgers, Southlake Carroll (Texas)

Story: Rodgers committed to Miami in July and has not really entertained other schools since that point even though they still pursued him. The thing to watch with him is how he will recover from a knee injury that ended his season after five games.

TE Andrew Tallman, Dorchester Boston College (Massachusetts)

Story: Tallman committed to Miami in September and was planning on taking official visits to a couple other schools at the time. He has since changed his mind and decided to only visit Miami. The remaining question is if he will stay as a tight end or grow into an offensive lineman.

Also Expected to Visit

LB Christian Jones, Winter Park Lake Howell
Status: Considering UM, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Notre Dame

Story: Jones is actually the only unofficial visitor this weekend but he is the biggest name on campus. He has been a high priority for Cane coaches over the last few months, and Miami is one of many schools still in the mix. He has known ties to Florida State, but Miami’s persistence is what gives them a shot with him.

WR Willis Wright, Miami Springs

Story: Wright doesn’t have the national acclaim so to speak but make no mistake, he is as good of a receiver as anyone in the state of Florida. He is very high on Miami and would be a huge pull if Miami could gain his commitment. He will likely wait until signing day to decide but this weekend could go a long way towards convincing him about his future.

K Michael Palardy, Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas

Story: Miami is looking for a successor to take over after Matt Bosher leaves, and Palardy would be a perfect fit in that role. Miami offered him early on but he committed to Tennessee and his recruitment seemed over. With the coaching shakeup at Tennessee, he decided to give Miami another look this weekend.

LB Kevin Nelson, Gainesville

Story: Nelson has flirted with taking other official visits but has been one of the most outspoken Miami commitments. He is set on Miami and just excited to spend time on campus to get to know some future teammates.

CB Devont’a Davis, Gainesville

Story: Davis has flirted with some other official visits just like his teammate Kevin Nelson, but the chances he ends up elsewhere are minimal. He had an excellent senior season and is hoping to get early playing time as a freshman.
 7 years ago '04        #6898
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space

Story: Hagens committed to Miami all the way back in June and has never wavered. Miami will be his only official visit and he isn’t considering any other schools.

Can't wait to see this n*gga run over overrated bumbasses such as jeff luc and jaccobby mcdaniel. n*gga is gonna feast as a freshman 6'2, 235 lbs
 7 years ago '07        #6899
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:

Story: Hagens committed to Miami all the way back in June and has never wavered. Miami will be his only official visit and he isnít considering any other schools.

Can't wait to see this n*gga run over overrated bumbasses such as jeff luc and jaccobby mcdaniel. n*gga is gonna feast as a freshman 6'2, 235 lbs
Thats my homie.....i had a lil impact on his descison

that n*gga is a beast....he put tech on the map when he went to they school

Tech won 0 high school football games my 4 yrs in high school

this n*gga had em in the playoffs 2 yrs straight and beastin on top tampa squads.

Hes a great pickup
 7 years ago '04        #6900
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
quote from a poster on scout who is very well informed on things

QUOTE:
"Here's the thing that separates miami from FSU and UF and turns off certain kids...Miami WILL NOT promise a kid playing time, just wont happen under RS...Lemonier was told by FSU that he would probably start for them and that he wouldnt play at miami...If lemonier is smart enough to digest that then its pretty funny. The FSU staff just said he isnt talented enough to play at miami over who we have but he will come right in and earn a spot at FSU...It shows you just how blinded some kids are.. He's told people he could play right away at FSU, and that he wouldnt be able to at miami. This is the difference between a competitor and someone who just expects to be given time because of what he did in highschool..I like CL and think he is a good prospect but if he's that blinded to see FSU basically is saying he isnt good enough to crack the lineup at miami then so be it...I see several of our current commits talking about "earning" a spot...CL is not that type of recruit..."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Budden calls Hov his idol on IG,
59 comments
1 day ago