Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
370 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM         #6821
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DB Jabari Gorman is Back to Even

August 2, 2010

Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace High School DB Jabari Gorman recently declared Ohio State his frontrunner.

But now he's backing off that statement.

"I'd just talked to their coach, that's why I put them up there," Gorman said. "But it's even, to be honest."

Gorman says Miami and Alabama retain just as good a shot as the Buckeyes to land him.

And he says UM's game against Ohio State could have an impact on his decision.

"I'll be there, that's my official visit there," said Gorman, who also visited Ohio State unofficially for the spring game. "Those are the schools I'm talking to. We'll see how well both teams respond to each other. It's such a big game. It's been one of the biggest games that I always remember when Miami played Ohio State in the bowl game. Ever since then, that was really the last Miami game that I actually saw Miami's true defense and offense."

Gorman says a huge win by UM or a blowout victory for Ohio State won't have him putting one school far up on the other.

"Miami is still the home town, still the school I'd like to go to," he said. "I just want to see how they play against a big team like Ohio State. They pretty much set a goal last year against Oklahoma, and I want to see if they respond like that again.

"If Miami wins it would be a big impression. That would impress me a lot."

Gorman says he hasn't spoke with Cane coaches in about a month.

"I was out of town a lot," Gorman said. "But I've talked with coach (Aubrey) Hill, (Wesley) McGriff, (Randy) Shannon."

He says the Canes send him recruiting mail but "I don't look at any of my mail too much because I get so much."

Does Gorman think it'll be a tough decision for him in the end?

"I just want to be 100 percent sure, don't think it'll be that tough," he said.

Gorman also says he plans to take in a Miami fall practice or two.

"I'll call coach Hill and set it up," he said.
 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM         #6822
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM’s in the Top Two for WR Davaris Daniels

August 2, 2010

There isn’t much that Vernon Hills (IL) High School wide receiver Davaris Daniels doesn’t like about the University of Miami.

When asked what he likes about Miami Daniels (6-3, 190) cites the pro-style offense UM runs, the tradition the Hurricanes have with putting receivers in the NFL, and the family atmosphere surrounding the program.

That’s why Miami, along with Notre Dame, comprises Daniels’ top two.

“Miami is a school that has a lot to offer and is a school that I have always been interested in,” Daniels said. “Now that I have learned more about them, I can say that I really like what they have to offer.”

Last season Daniels played quarterback, wide receiver and safety and accounted for 221 yards receiving, 344 yards rushing, and 323 yards passing along with 10 total touchdowns.

Daniels is currently being recruited by UM offensive coordinator Mark Whipple and offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland. According to Daniels, the coaches have talked about the UM passing offense and how they like to throw the ball.

“I watched Miami a little bit last year,” Daniels said. “I saw the Virginia Tech game when it was raining and they were still passing. As a receiver I like seeing that they want to throw the ball all over the field in any conditions. That is the type of offense I want to play in.”

“I do like the pro style offense. Those types of guys do well in the NFL and they make the transition more smoothly compared to the guys who come from spread offenses.”

Daniels is the son of Washington Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels and due to those NFL connections he has gotten to know UM greats like Clinton Portis and Santana Moss. Daniels says getting to know those players is a big reason why he likes Miami as well.

“How those guys play the game and conduct themselves is a big impact on how I look at Miami,” Daniels said. “When I talk to Clinton and Santana and they tell me about the brotherhood and that is something I want to be a part of. They have a great relationship with all the players that come through there and they always talk about how much they loved their time there and how special it is.”

“There is a lot of negative things people say about Miami but none of that is true. I know none of that stuff is true because I have met a lot of former Miami players and they were just telling me to have an open mind when it comes to Miami.”

Daniels says he has looked at the highlights of Miami quarterback commit Teddy Bridgewater and he is impressed by his ability.

“I have seen his highlights and he is a real good athlete and seen him on TV with the 7-on-7 tournaments,” Daniels said. “He throws a nice ball and it would be great for him to maybe be my quarterback in the future. He looks like a winner and I like quarterbacks like that.”

Daniels believes Miami will bring in three to four wide receivers in this year’s recruiting class and he says he doesn’t mind going to a school that is bringing in that many receivers.

“Miami likes to throw the ball and spread the ball around so they are going to try and get as many receivers as they can,” Daniels said. “Competition is competition, so whoever they get is just somebody I would have to beat out. Really whoever comes in with me in a recruiting class is not a big deal to me.”

Daniels says he is being recruited the hardest by Notre Dame and talked about his interest in the Irish.

“I went on a couple of visits there and I like coach Kelly a lot,” Daniels said. “I have built a relationship with them and we talk almost every day. I have a lot of their fans talking to me too and so it is good to get all that type of interest from a school like Notre Dame.”

Daniels says he is not close to making any decision at this point and he says he would like to take visits to Miami and Notre Dame during the season.

“Not at the moment and trying to break down the two schools and make my decision whenever I feel comfortable,” Daniels said.
 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM         #6823
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Schools Still After STA WR Phillip Dorset

August 2, 2010

St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Phillip Dorsett put an end to the recruiting process back in June when he committed to Miami over North Carolina and Ohio State.

Dorsett (5-9, 167) got what he had hoped for since his life has been a lot more relaxing ever since he made his choice.

“Everything is way better and way-more smooth because I don’t have to worry about talking to coaches and recruiting,” Dorsett said. “I’ve just been able to focus on working out and getting better for the season. I knew it was the right time to pull the trigger.”

As far as Miami’s upcoming season, Dorsett is looking for at least ten wins and the arrival of redshirt freshman Lamar Miller on the college football scene.

“I want to see the offense execute how they’re supposed to with all the weapons that they have,” Dorsett said. “They were good last year but they should be better now with all the receivers and running backs. I want to see this season go better, like at least ten wins. Of course Jacory Harris has matured more and I want to see Leonard Hankerson because he’s from St. Thomas. He’s going to have a better season because I know he’s been working out harder. The dude that impressed me the most in spring practice was Lamar Miller, so I can’t wait to see him get playing time.”

Miami has had a long term relationship with St. Thomas Aquinas dating back to the great Michael Irvin, and Dorsett wants at least one Raider per year to sign with the Canes.

“There’s a big connection already and I’m trying to have it so we get one guy going to Miami every year,” Dorsett said. “Coach Smith has a great relationship with Coach Shannon, and Coach Whipple too. I let some of the younger guys on the team know that if they get a Miami offer, they need to come down and commit to solidify the pipeline.”

Dorsett said he leaves most of the recruiting duties to fellow Cane commit Teddy Bridgewater but he did comment on a couple of Miami’s receiver targets.

“I don’t talk too much with other players just because Teddy does all that,” Dorsett said. “He does all the recruiting and he should because he’s the quarterback. A lot of people listen to him because he’s already a leader. I do know that we’re going after Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins. I think Sammy likes Clemson and I don’t know exactly on Kelvin but I hope we can get another big receiver in this class.”

Despite his commitment, Dorsett has a few schools still trying to change his mind, North Carolina being the leader of the pack.

“North Carolina is still recruiting me and they say I would have a change of heart if I went up there,” Dorsett said. “They tell me it’s a beautiful place and I would fit in their offense, that type of stuff. Other schools have been coming at me too like Georgia and Wake Forest but nobody says anything bad about Miami. I’m not really looking at any other schools but whoever wants me to go on official visits, I’ll go just to look. I have my mind set on Miami though.”

Dorsett finished his junior campaign with 30 catches for 594 yards and 9 touchdowns along with 7 carries for 93 yards and 1 touchdown.
 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM         #6824
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DE Chickillo Meets with Urban Meyer
August 2, 2010

How interested is Florida in Rivals250 defensive end Anthony Chickillo? Consider this: During an unofficial visit to Florida last Friday, he got significant face time with Gators head coach Urban Meyer. "I talked to Coach Meyer for over an hour," Chickillo said. "It was long. That was the first time I've ever met Coach Meyer. He really showed me how much they really liked me."

To date, the Tampa (Fla.) Alonso senior, rated as the country's 195th-best prospect and 14th-best strong-side defensive end, has more than 50 offers. The latest came from Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss during a trip Chickillo took across the South in July to check out various campuses. He intended to compete at Florida's Friday Night Lights two weeks ago, but those plans fell through. "I wanted to go," Chickillo said. "But I had just gotten back from that long trip I went on with my dad. I tried real hard to go, but I just couldn't."

In early July, Chickillo said Miami and Florida were at the top. But now, he won't go that far. "Florida, Miami and FSU are probably recruiting me the hardest," Chickillo said. "I have a real good relationship with (Gators a.ssistant Dan McCarney) and with Florida State. And I have a good relationship with the Miami staff. I really don't have an official leader. I like the Florida schools. Out of state, I like Alabama, Tennessee and really all the schools I went to see. I'm trying to narrow it down pretty soon. I want to announce by the beginning of the season really. It's getting crazy. I'm pretty open. I'm trying to narrow it down, and then try to take one more trip to all of them."

Chickillo's father played at Miami in the early 1980s, but he said that isn't a big factor in his decision-making process. "He wants what's best for me," Chickillo said. Chickillo said the Florida coaches are well aware of his ties to the Hurricanes (his grandfather also played at Miami). "They ask about it," Chickillo said.

According to Chickillo, he has become particularly close with McCarney, who recruits the Tampa area and coaches the defensive line. "Florida has been recruiting me hard for a long time," Chickillo said. "I know how Coach Mack feels about me. I met with him and Coach Meyer. We had a serious talk. They were telling me some stuff, and Coach Mack told me I'm the No. 1 guy they want. He was telling me I'm his guy."
 7 years ago '05        #6825
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
CORAL GABLES — University of Miami junior receiver Thearon Collier is not expected to play this season, an athletic department source said.

Collier, who figured to battle for a starting job this season and also serve as a punt returner, has been informed that UM will release him from his scholarship if he decides to transfer. Collier also has been told that he can continue taking classes at UM if he chooses, but won't be part of the team, which begins fall practice Thursday.

Collier is being banished for a series of team violations that began in the spring, according to the source, and not for academic reasons.

The 5-foot-9, 191-pound Collier did not participate near the end of spring practice and did not play in the spring game.

UM coach Randy Shannon met with Collier on Monday morning. Neither was available for comment.

Last season, Collier returned punts for touchdowns against Florida A&M and Virginia, becoming the first UM player to score off punt returns at least twice in one season since Devin Hester (three) and Roscoe Parrish (two) did it in 2004.

Collier, from Miami, started one game in 2009 and was fifth on the team with 18 receptions for 250 yards .

As a freshman in 2008, the speedy Collier was UM's second-leading receiver with 26 receptions for 324 yards.

Collier is the second veteran player to see his UM career cut short in the past week. Defensive end Steven Wesley, a senior who started 16 games over three seasons, was dismissed from the team and is expected to transfer.

Top recruit expected: Offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson, considered by many recruiting analysts to be the nation's top prospect, is expected to fly from Minneapolis into South Florida today and enroll at UM on Wednesday. Henderson signed a national letter of intent with USC, but was released from his scholarship after the Trojans were hit with severe NCAA sanctions
 7 years ago '07        #6826
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,182 | Props total: 1279 1279
damn good looks on the updates....wesley and collier wow and Henderson looks real legit right now
 7 years ago '07        #6827
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,496 | Props total: 1129 1129
Damn collier that sucks.

I wonder what the violations were.

Whos handling the fall pratice updates? Praying for minimal injuries
 7 years ago '05        #6828
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Damn collier that sucks.

I wonder what the violations were.

Whos handling the fall pratice updates? Praying for minimal injuries
it appears dude was running with a less than reputable crowd
so he was getting caught up in some bad situations...for instance someone on the scout boards said that dude was one time at a party and was shot at...so you can imagine what type of crowd he running with if ppl are shooting up partys
 7 years ago '04        #6829
booie4 
space
space
$5,233 | Props total: 1515 1515
^yeah i read that to, also heard he had a cast on his hand. Hope everything work out for him though
 7 years ago '05        #6830
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
camp starts tom :laugh5: :cool-smiley-009: and just less than a month before kickoff
 7 years ago '07        #6831
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

thuggin with a football scholarship

Glad shannon stickin to his guns
 7 years ago '04        #6832
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
seen jacory harris n tommy streeter at the best buy in daeland yesterday. They was looking for new phones. Jacory looked a lil bigger, n streeter is a big child
 7 years ago '05        #6833
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:

thuggin with a football scholarship

Glad shannon stickin to his guns
shannon seemed like he gave dude plenty of chances to clean up his act...reason for him not even participating in spring game and s**t
 7 years ago '05        #6834
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES —
Miami Hurricanes recruit Latwan Anderson will not be at Thursday's first practice, but said he should arrive by next week.

Anderson is having an issue with the NCAA Clearinghouse because of his high school transcripts. He is the No. 2 recruit in the 2010 class behind tackle Seantrel Henderson. Henderson and linebacker Kelvin Cain both enrolled at UM Wednesday.

"My grades are good," Anderson said. "I have a lot of different transcripts, that's all. This has been going on for the last couple of weeks, but I should know something probably this week."

Anderson, a defensive back out of Glenville (Ohio) High, said he attended "five or six high schools" and the NCAA is trying to match the records. He is delaying his arrival because he wants to be certain he is cleared to play. If admitted, he will enroll on track scholarship but plans to play football.

frrruck, saying he might have to redshirt
 7 years ago '07        #6835
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Clearing house cant be serious.

No f**king way it takes that long to match up records.
 7 years ago '04        #6836
booie4 
space
space
^lol, i don't know man, five or six high schools is alot
 7 years ago '05        #6837
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 booie4 said:
^lol, i don't know man, five or six high schools is alot
lol yea exactly thats the reason its taking so long
 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM         #6838
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami in Homestead DT Chavis Akins’ Top 4
August 4, 2010

Homestead 2011 defensive tackle Chavis Akins hopes that some day he will be able to wreak havoc on the defensive line for the University of Miami for the next four years.

Akins (6-3, 330) has been in touch with UM linebackers coach Micheal Barrow and after getting a verbal offer from the Hurricanes in May he hopes a written offer is on the way.

“If that written offer comes, I wouldn’t hesitate to commit,” Akins said. “I would sit down with my family first and then make up my mind and I think we would all agree that Miami is a good place for me.”

Akins says he grew up in a household that cheered for the Hurricanes and always watched UM on Saturdays.

“My whole family is Hurricanes fans,” Akins said. “I could always see that they are a good team. On Saturday mornings my family would go watch the games and it was always a big deal for everybody win they would win or lose.”

Akins currently has Miami in his top four along with Florida State, Ole Miss, and UCF.

He took a trip up to Florida State earlier this summer for an official visit and enjoyed meeting the FSU coaching staff.

“Me and coach Coley talked and he told me he wanted to see me again sometime during the season,” Akins said. “Coach Jimbo Fisher seemed like a wonderful dude. Coach Fisher is always upbeat and he said he wants me to come back up for a game this season too.”

Akins is a big force that controls the middle of the offensive line by filling gaps and getting a strong push up the middle.

“I was always told the job of a defensive lineman is to clog holes and get double teams,” Akins said. “It is important for defensive tackles to make everything easier for everybody else on the defense. That is what I am going to do this season and wreak havoc on the defensive line.”

Akins looks up to two of the biggest defensive tackles in the NFL right now in Albert Haynesworth and Vince Wilfork

“When I watch Albert Haynesworth on TV I see that he is very aggressive and he plugs the hole,” Akins said. “Vince Wilfork is that type of player too. He dominates the line of scrimmage and is real athletic for being such a big guy.”

Akins says he would like to take some official visits before he makes a decision on his future school. He talked about the important factors that will go into that decision.

“First thing is first is always academics,” Akins said. “I have to feel comfortable in the area too and I am looking for a school that can better me on the field and off the field. I know after college that football is not guaranteed.”
 08-05-2010, 12:18 AM         #6839
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM in Georgia 4 Star DE Stephon Tuitt’s Top 6
August 4, 2010

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt from Monroe Area High in Monroe, Georgia, has plenty of options, but he actually has a decent idea of who he does like.

Tuitt (6-5, 255), who had 56 tackles, 10 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles last year, mentioned the schools that currently stand out as well as his visit plans.

“These schools aren’t in any order but I like Georgia Tech, Auburn, Miami, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Clemson, and that’s really it,” Tuitt said. “All the schools have been recruiting me and I call them so they know how everything is going. (Georgia) Tech is the closest one so I have been down there a lot more times than anywhere else.”

Tuitt has also been to Tennessee and Clemson before, and he plans to see Auburn this weekend. He added that Georgia Tech and Notre Dame are the only schools guaranteed to receive official visits.

Miami also is likely to receive an official visit considering Tuitt hasn’t been to the campus yet and he wants to get more familiar with Coral Gables.

“I’ve been talking to the coaches but I haven’t had a chance to go down there and see the campus,” Tuitt said. “I would like to meet the head coach but I’ve talked to my position coach (Coach Petri) plenty of times and the recruiter for my area (Coach McGriff) a couple times. The real selling point with Miami is great players, they had a great season last year, and they’re still motivated. Then they got the NFL players like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed who come back to work out and teach the players now. They’re like mentors to the college players when they tell them about college football and the NFL too.”

Tuitt was born and raised in South Florida before moving to Georgia but there is still a lot he wants to learn about what Miami has to offer.

“I want to get a feel for the campus and see what the environment is like,” Tuitt said. “I want to build more of a relationship with the coaches that are there so I can feel comfortable with them. I want to get to know the players more and ask them why they chose Miami over all the other schools they probably could have gone to.”

Some feel that Tuitt is destined for Georgia Tech and he admits that he is certainly very familiar with the Yellow Jackets.

“I have a great relationship with the coaches, not just my position coach but the head coach and the rest of the staff too,” Tuitt said. “They have a great environment there and it’s a great place to get a degree when you graduate. The weight of that carries on forever and they have a great academic program.”

Tuitt has a checklist of three main items that he reviews when considering Georgia Tech, Miami, or any other school for that matter.

“Well the first thing I go by is the degree,” Tuitt said. “If I get drafted to the NFL, that would be great, but right now I’m looking at where I’m going to college for four years and what school is best for me academically. Second would be the coaches and then it would be about the environment at the school. You need a great relationship with the coaches so that they see you as a real person and they want to make you a successful football player for the next level.”
 7 years ago '04        #6840
booie4 
space
space
Latwan Anderson got cleared, also 1st day of practice
Home      

most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
147 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Why You Shouldn't Fly on Spirit Airlines
49 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
40 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
mario shoots a nice one
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sylvester Stallone accused of raping 16 yr old girl!
177 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
271 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Y’all ever seen a thick comedian?
131 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom And a poom-poom
21 comments
2 days ago