Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM         #6801
yourdad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tharinger and espn say chandler is still committed to u all, usf leads.
 12-16-2009, 02:35 PM         #6802
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Awesome Randy Shannon interview about recruiting, stars, game film on recruits, etc.

Junior Gay might wanna listen to this..

7 years ago '04        #6803
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
word is brandon willis is gonna switch from tennessee to us....
 7 years ago '07        #6804
Lex Lossis 77 heat pts77
space
space
$25,245 | Props total: 398 398
brandon willis is meh 2 me

and my dude why u still rocking da Black Favre avy???
 7 years ago '04        #6805
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1393 1393
 Lex Lossis said:
brandon willis is meh 2 me

and my dude why u still rocking da Black Favre avy???
why not ? we dont alot of these games we did without him.
 7 years ago '04        #6806
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
anyone got a pic of the rock throwing up the U
 7 years ago '04        #6807
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
St. Thomas Aquinas' Brandon Linder one of the most sought after offensive line prospects across the country. But on late Saturday night, he decided to end his recruiting. Linder informed FlaVarsity.com early Sunday about the decision.

Brandon Linder is headed to Miami
Hard work, determination and attention to detail are all pretty good adjectives when describing St. Thomas Aquinas standout Brandon Linder. You also could throw a few more in there, such as leader and dominating. There's no secret that Linder offers all these characteristics, which is probably a good reason why he held over 50 offers from some of the top schools across the country. However, when it came down to a decision, Linder admits it was a two horse race and the decision is now in.

"I committed to Miami," explained Linder. "Miami has always been in my heart and that's just the place where I felt was the best fit for me. I narrowed it down last week to Florida and Miami. Last weekend I had a great visit to Florida, so it was tough. I actually tried to call Coach Adazzio (at Florida) this morning to tell him in person, but I wasn't able to reach him. When choosing Miami, it came down to just fitting in their system and just having a comfort level that I really never had at any of the other schools. I've always been a Miami Hurricane fan, so I'm now excited to be a part of the family," Linder replied.

The other finalist that appeared to drop off, which at one time was making a major push was the Notre Dame f!ghting Irish. But the 6-foot-5, 290 pound lineman admitted that because of the coaching changes, Notre Dame was never really a factor once they got rid of head coach Charlie Weis.

"When I visited there at the time, Notre Dame was 6-1 and everything was going well. But with all the coaching changes and not having a solid relationship with the new staff, I pretty much just eliminated them from consideration."

Playing a key role in his decision was the relationship Linder built with Jeff Stoutland, the offensive line coach at Miami. The four-star prospect said building the trust with his future coach was a huge plus for the Hurricanes.

"Coach Stoutland was great and I'm very excited that he'll be my next coach. He's a guy that you can sit down with and talk about anything. I loved that about him from the start. I think the most important thing with Coach Stoutland was the level of how much he cares about his players. I could really see that in his coaching with their current players and just how a lot of times we don't even talk about football, it's about other stuff."

With the commitment, Miami now has two verbal commitments from St. Thomas Aquinas with Keion Payne and Linder now in the fold. An additional teammate is also headed to Coral Gables.

"It's great anytime you have people you're familiar with. But I know when it came down to the decision; it was about just making the best choice for myself. This is special and with Jermaine Barton also committing to Miami, along with Keion there it's really exciting that Miami is now starting to build another pipeline with St. Thomas Aquinas again," Linder added.

Linder also talked about how he fits into the Miami system and having an opportunity to come in early and make a strong impact on the Hurricanes offensive line, which is in need of some early help from the young stars.

"Oh there's no question the fact that Miami needed lineman was a part of my decision. But at the same time, you have great players at Miami, so it's going to be a battle of competition no matter who you are. I plan on working to make sure I have a chance to contribute very early. In a lot of ways, Miami was a very good fit for me. They have a dedication to being the best academically and have the same stride on the football field. It's an offense that fits my style of blocking with the balance running and throwing the football."

While this news was a dream come true, two weeks ago the talented lineman endured one of the hardest disappointments he had to deal with when he played his final high school game with St. Thomas. Two weeks ago, STA fell to Manatee in the state regional final 28-20. The feeling still stings today.

"It hurts a lot and it's just I don't know I don't even want to talk about it because it was bad," said Linder.
 7 years ago '04        #6808
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
oh and it sounds like Seantrel Henderson, the #1 overall prospect in the country from Minnesotta is down to Miami and USC. If Shannon can pull that one, he needs to get a trophy or something to that matter... just crossing fingers that USC doesn't offer a Range Rover as a signing gift
 12-20-2009, 07:01 PM         #6809
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We also grabbed Linder's teammate, OL Jermaine Barton.

If we can somehow land Seantrel.... our O-Line is going to be nasty
 7 years ago '07        #6810
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
daaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn
 12-21-2009, 12:27 PM         #6811
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Could Linder be the key to an Aquinas pipeline

Next to Miami Northwestern, no high school program churns out major Division I talent year in and year out quite as often Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas. The Raiders, five-time state champions under coach George Smith, have sent players to the University of Miami in the past. Receiver Leonard Hankerson, former Canes safety Anthony Redd*ck and current freshman offensive lineman Jermaine Johnson all wore the golden helmets at Aquinas.

But the Raiders' gems, the best of the best, have usually headed to other schools. Florida got safety Major Wright and has star cornerback Cody Riggs set to join next year. Notre Dame landed stud left tackle Sam Young four years ago and now has Gio Bernanrd lined up for 2010. Florida State got tackle Andrew Datko and is supposed to reel in this year's star Lamarcus Joyner.

Linder, a three-year starter at Aquinas and stud left tackle, is hoping his commitment to UM over the weekend will help the Canes' nab more of the stars that go to Aquinas. "I'd love for UM to build a pipeline to St. Thomas," Linder said. "The fact four of us [tackle Jermaine Barton, cornerback Keion Payne and punter Ben Hopfinger] are going there from this class is great. I think it could just be the start of more us going there."

Three weeks ago before Aquinas beat Ely in the regional finals, I caught up with longtime offensive line coach Jay Connolly, who has been an a.ssistant with Smith since 1990. He's coached a lot of the best linemen in South Florida over the years and said the Hurricanes are definitely making more of an effort lately to build a better relationship. Canes offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland is the primary person responsible.

Connolly gave me his thoughts on the three Aquinas offensive linemen who will be wearing orange and green the next few years. He says Linder, a kid that kicks 55-yard field goals barefoot for fun after practice, might be the most athletic lineman he's ever coached.

"When he came up as a freshman he played on JV and we saw something special right away," Connolly said. "He came up played sophomore on varsity as center. We had a pretty good left tackle (Andrew Datko) at the time. But we saw he had the versatility to play left tackle. His size and athleticsm. Brandon is a great basketball player. I remember when he was a freshman the basketball coach told me the best hands in the freshman class were Brandon Linder's.He's just a big kid who is able to move. He's smart. He's a natural football player. Put him at tackle, put at him center, wherever. But left tackle, that's where I think he'll be for the next four years. He's good enough to make an impact right away."

Connolly said Barton (6-7, 290) will likely need some more time to grow. But he said the kid has enough physical gifts to be a special player. Last year, Barton was the sixth man on St. Thomas' offensive line. This year, he took every snap at right tackle. "His biggest thing is toughness," Connolly said. "In basketball Jermaine was always told not to touch people. But now, we have to get him to touch people. He's really converted a lot of those basketball skills. I think his work ethic has helped me a lot. He's bigger, stronger and he's growing."

Current Cane Jermaine Johnson only played one season for Connolly, but he showed him he had the ability to be special. "He didn't get into a game until the third game of the year. But when he got in he was good enough to start at right tackle. We actually moved Datko to guard so Johnson could start at right tackle," Connolly said. "He has the best punch of any kid I've ever coached. He can just drill you and stun you. He's real athletic. He's built like [Barton], maybe a little bit taller. He's going to be a great player."

The Hurricanes are definitely going to want to keep their eyes on Aquinas. The Raiders have a pair of 2011 recruits in Andrew Reyes (6-3, 240) and Austin Barron (6-3, 250) who started in the interior all season. Sophomore Brad Mills (6-2, 220) is another player Connolly said could have a bright college future.

A few more recruiting nuggets...

> Northwestern coach Billy Rolle told our high school editor Andre Fernandez Saturday that after reports surfaced last week that defensive tackle Todd Chandler had switched his commitment to USF, UM defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff visited Northwestern the next day to tell let him and Chandler know UM still wanted him. "My advice to Todd was be patient, your going to talk to a lot of coaches over the next month," Rolle said. "Todd told me he was going to think about it."

Rolle said receiver Michaelee Harris, another UM target, is also being heavily recruited by Florida State. Recently hired Florida State a.ssistant Eddie Gran is supposedly pushing hard for Harris. Running back Corvin Lamb, meanwhile, is strongly considering committing to North Carolina.

> Miramar receiver Ivan McCartney told me Saturday after the Class 6A state championship game while he likes the University of Miami a lot, he also feels strongly about Oregon, Florida and West Virginia. McCartney said he is supposed to visit UM during Super Bowl weekend. My money is on West Virginia. Several Miramar a.ssistants told me McCartney wants to badly reunite with former quarterback and close friend Eugene Smith.
 7 years ago '04        #6812
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
so chandler might end up in this class after all
 12-21-2009, 09:19 PM         #6813
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds like Todd just wanted some attention, wasn't getting it from our coaching staff for a little bit and decided to pull what he pulled.

These kids need to realize that they aren't going to get attention 24/7.
 7 years ago '04        #6814
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
UM's Lamar Miller, who's redshirting, continues to turn heads in practice. "He's our fastest back,'' Jacory Harris said Tuesday. "He breaks tackles, outruns everybody.'' UM will be fine at running back even if Graig Cooper departs. McShay said Cooper should turn pro and could be a second-rounder.

Cooper's father, Tino Thomas, said they are awaiting paperwork from the NFL advisory board, and if he's rated among the top 90 prospects, "it's something to think about. We don't want another Sam Bradford,'' referring to the Oklahoma quarterback who was injured after returning as a senior.

• UM hopes Leonard Hankerson doesn't turn pro, but if he does, there's confidence in 6-5 Tommy Streeter and 5-10 Kendal Thompkins, who are next in line to play. "They'll do a lot of damage, especially how quick Kendal is,'' Harris said. "People don't know how fast Tommy is. He's our second-fastest receiver, behind Travis Benjamin.''
 12-23-2009, 06:24 AM         #6815
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Streeter gets some burn, he's going have a nice year.
 12-23-2009, 07:57 AM         #6816
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
where did u find this article at
 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM         #6817
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Looking at TE Asante Cleveland

Miami doesn't come out West very often. With the talent in their home state, the Hurricanes don't need to. One player they recently decided to make a move on is tight end Asante Cleveland (Sacramento, Calif./Christian Brothers), and there is mutual interest at the moment.

Cleveland committed in September to Washington State after his official visit on (Sept. 4). The tight end remains firmly committed to the Cougs, but according to Cleveland's father Allen, they're going to give the Canes a serious look.

"This really came out of nowhere," Allen Cleveland said. "We never received a single call or letter from Miami and then out of the blue, I got a call from Coach [Randy] Shannon and he said they saw Asante's film on YouTube and were offering a scholarship.

"When I told Asante about it yesterday, he was absolutely stunned. Miami is a big time school, it doesn't get much bigger than that and we're definitely looking in to them. I've spent time on US News & Report looking at their academics, we've looked at their depth chart to see how he would fit in and I've talked to some people to find out more about the Miami program.

"Asante is still 100 percent committed to Washington State. I want to make a point of saying that but the offer from Miami is definitely flattering and we would be crazy not to give them a look. I always said that we'll be open to anyone who offers so we're going to talk this over and see about taking an official visit or not."
 7 years ago '05        #6818
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 Dchis said:
possibly the herald...they usally have small tidbits like that in the paper always
 7 years ago '04        #6819
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Dchis said:
miami herald
 12-23-2009, 06:42 PM         #6820
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Here's a tape of that TE, Asante Cleveland^
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy