Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-12-2009, 03:27 PM         #6781
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone got a link to "The U" song that is used in the credits and preview?

Want that s**t as my ringtone.
 12-13-2009, 02:30 PM         #6782
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Recruits Came to Miami

The Hurricanes held their first official visit weekend of the year, and it was focused on several UM commitments.

Confirmed visitors on campus were commitments Storm Johnson, Javarie Johnson, Stephen Morris, Tyrone Cornileus, Shane McDermott, Allen Hurns, Eduardo Clements and Chase Ford.

Of those, the only one who hadn't previously stepped foot in Miami was Ford, a rangy tight end from Kilgore (TX) Junior College.

And Ford gave his visit rave reviews.

"It was fun, convinced me it's definitely the right place for me," said Ford, who is finishing up one final class in an effort to enroll early. "It was real family oriented with the players, coaches.

"All the other recruits that were there were pretty cool. It was great."

Ford ran down his experience on the visit:

"We landed and went over to the university and then we had a little tour of the campus and all the academic stuff," he said. "We watched them play 7 on 7 - I talked with Jimmy Graham a lot while we were watching that. Then we went back to the hotel and went to eat, then met up with the other recruits.

"The next day we woke up and went to see the stadium. That was interesting. I'd never seen a stadium that big. Then we came back and talked with coach (Randy) Shannon, watched a film about how people always come back to Miami, the NFL guys. We went to eat lunch, then had some free time. We went over to South Beach, went all over Miami."

UM President Donna Shalala also met with all the recruits yesterday, talking about the school's academics.

Ford was hosted by senior center A.J. Trump.

"He's a really cool guy," Ford said. "I wish he was still playing next year."

Players typically meet with coach Randy Shannon on Sunday before departing, but because Ford had a morning flight they didn't meet.

"We skipped the meeting, but he was at my house on Monday and we talked then," Ford said. "And I talked with coach Shannon while on campus - it went well. We just talked at lunch, things like that."
 12-13-2009, 02:31 PM         #6783
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Stephen Morris Talks About Visit

Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace High School QB Stephen Morris took his official visit to Miami this weekend.

"It was amazing just chilling with the players, hanging with them," he said. "My highlight was just chilling with the hosts, recruits. Whatever we did, if we were going to do anything we all went out together. You already felt like a family."

Only Cane commitments were taking visits this weekend.

Morris was hosted by quarterback Jacory Harris.

"I already knew him, but seeing the other side of him, how he treats everyone is cool," Morris said. "Whenever we went out he makes sure that everyone participates. When we went to see the Miramar-Central game he made sure everyone came. He's funny, carefree, down to earth. We talked about football a couple of times, mostly at the beginning of the visit. Then we just relaxed, he talked about his life experience, everything other than football.

"He can help me out - I knew that ever since I made the decision to come to UM. It feels better for me; I feel more comfortable going there knowing I'll have help."

Morris says he only got a chance to spend some time with offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple on Friday.

"After that he had to go to meet some recruits (out of state) - I'll chill with him when he comes back," Morris said. "The first day he went over their offense a little bit, talked about football, said how he's excited for me to come in."

Morris said he also didn't meet one-on-one with coach Randy Shannon, but that his parents got a chance to talk with Shannon.

Morris said he was happy to see the other Cane commitments on the trip.

"We all had a good bond, built friendships," he said.

* Morris says "it looks like" he'll be able to graduate early.

"Everything looks good, so hopefully I'll be able to do it," he said.
 12-13-2009, 02:33 PM         #6784
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 ATH Tanner McEvoy

Bergen Catholic athlete and 2011 recruit Tanner McEvoy lists five early scholarship offers: Miami, Rutgers, North Carolina, NC State and Duke.

"I was really surprised when Miami offered," McEvoy said. "They offered me the first day they were allowed Sept. 1. My coach called and told me - he said Duke was one and that the other is a little surprising. He said it was Miami and I was really surprised."

He adds of UM that "I'll be considering them. I grew up watching the Ed Reed's, those defenses. That's what I know about them."

McEvoy has never stepped foot in Florida.

But Rutgers has a personal connection for him - his brother, Colin, plays there.

"He's good about it, is letting me make my own decision," McEvoy said.

Of what he wants in a college, McEvoy said, "I want a good education, and location is important - Miami is one of the better schools for that. Distance won't be a factor. I just want a good football program."

McEvoy finished his junior season with 52 rushing yards, 526 receiving yards, 109 kick return yards, 225 punt return yards and 29 yards on interception returns. He played receiver and safety this year and will play quarterback and safety next season.

"I don't even know what position I'm looking at for college," McEvoy said.

He has more than 1,000 career receiving yards on over 75 catches.

"He's already the leading wideout in the history of the school," Bergen Catholic coach Fred Stengel said. "He's our punt returner at 6-6. He also plays safety and will play quarterback as a senior. With his diversification of abilities and natural talent, he is very unique."
 12-13-2009, 02:34 PM         #6785
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Corey Lemonier Has A Top Six

Rivals100 defensive end has six in mind

Hialeah (Fla.) stud Corey Lemonier is down to Miami, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, Auburn, and LSU.

"The Florida schools are in there because it is home in Florida and my mom and dad can come and see me play," Lemonier said. "All three of them are good programs. LSU, I can see where they are coming from, coaches good relationship. Tennessee has a good future, they have a pretty young team. My mom liked Auburn a lot, and I am real cool with the coaches. Just talking to them, I see where they are coming from.

"I am not going to say a pecking order right now, they are all even. I am going to make a decision on signing day."
 12-13-2009, 02:36 PM         #6786
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LB Javari Johnson Talks Visit

Washington (DC) Dunbar High School LB Javarie Johnson says his Cane official visit "went great."

"My favorite part was when I went out with (host Jordan Futch), went to a spot on South Beach, were hanging out," he said.

Of the other recruits on the visit, who are all fellow commitments, Johnson said, "The relationship with all of us was good. I was talking with Storm (Johnson) a lot. We were basically just talking about what we expect from the U - national titles."

Johnson says he spent a lot of time with coach Aubrey Hill, who is recruiting him, as well as defensive coordinator/linebackers coach John Lovett.

"He's a wild man," Johnson said of Lovett. "He's very funny, but he's serious with it. He said I'll be a big sucker when he's done with me. They want me at outside linebacker, but it depends how big I get."

Johnson says he didn't get a chance to talk one on one with coach Randy Shannon today - "I was in a rush to leave to catch my flight at 9:30 so I didn't get a chance to talk to him," Johnson said.

Johnson adds that "Coach Shannon, he talked to everybdoy on Saturday. He said the most important thing in Miami, and one thing that never goes away is the family part. He said even if you graduate, go to the NFL, anything, you'll still be a part of the family."

He also said UM President Donna Shalala addressed all the recruits.

"She said the student comes first, that academics are most important," he said.

Johnson also said a highlight of the trip was watching the UM documentary on ESPN Saturday night.

"A few players watched with me along with Storm and Tyrone (Cornileus)," Johnson sid. "It had ups and downs. I didn't like the publicity they were getting that they thought they were thugs. But I did like the bad boy image."

* Johnson says he's trying to graduate early. He said he is working to improve a 740 SAT score to 820 in order to gain admittance.

"My December test result is coming back soon," he said.

* Of his host Futch, Johnson said, "He's a cool dude. He's very down to earth. He took me a few places. We went to South Beach, Coconut Grove. I'd never been to Miami before. It was fantastic. I loved the weather. Here it's 38 degrees."

He also spoke with Jacory Harris on the visit.

"I asked him how he liked Miami," Johnson said. "He said he's loving it like all the players."
 7 years ago '07        #6787
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
i need some advice on where to buy my champs sports bowl tickets

i was gonna do stubhub but that s**t jus doesnt seem right to me.....
 7 years ago '04        #6788
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
good looks on the updates
 7 years ago '05        #6789
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
i need some advice on where to buy my champs sports bowl tickets

i was gonna do stubhub but that s**t jus doesnt seem right to me.....
stubhub is legit dude...gotmy usf tickets and bowl game tickets there
 12-14-2009, 02:40 PM         #6790
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DT Brandon Willis Talking About Upcoming Miami Visit

Duncan (SC) Byrnes High School DT Brandon Willis, a soft Tennessee commitment, is taking a final official visit this weekend.

And it's to the University of Miami.

The four-star prospect will arrive on campus Friday and spend 48 hours at UM.

His father, Gary, expects that shortly after the visit his son will either reaffirm his commitment to Tennessee or pick a new future home.

North Carolina, where Brandon's mother attended and his father grew up, also remains very much in the picture.

Willis is in a rush to make a decision because he is graduating high school early and enrolling in January.

A factor in any final decision will also be his father's new job, which is in Jacksonville.

"That's what's turning the page in our story," says Gary, who doesn't want to be too far from where his son is attending college. "He'll make a final decision after the Miami visit. This visit right here will really determine the story."

Coach John Lovett is recruiting Willis to Miami, and the family spoke with coach Randy Shannon for the first time on Saturday.

"It went well, real well," Gary Willis said. "I got a good vibe. We're just excited to get there Friday and see what they have to offer."
 12-14-2009, 02:42 PM         #6791
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
William Russ Recruiting Miami

Shreveport (LA) Evangel Christian William Russ recruited Miami six weeks ago.

He sent an unsolicited highlight tape to the UM offices.

"I really didn't hear back from them, and then two weeks ago they started talking to my coaches and I called them," Russ said. "Then last week they came to my (state semifinal) game and said they were really interested. And I had a pretty good game, had eight punts and three were pooch punts and my average was 46.9. I also had three point-after attempts made. Coach (Joe) Pannunzio called me that Sunday night (a week ago) and I got the offer.

"I was really excited when they offered."

Russ lists five other offers - Montana State, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe, Tulane and Vanderbilt.

"I'm really interested in Miami right now," Russ said. "I don't know a whole lot about Miami, but right now they're my No. 1 choice. It's because of the program itself, and I'm trying to get a good education."

Russ says he plans to make a commitment before December, and says right now Miami is looking good as the school he picks.

Coach Joe Pannunzio is taking an in-home visit with him tonight to help him learn more about the Cane program, and Russ didn't rule out a Miami commitment possibly coming by the end of this week.

"We just won states last Friday night, so now that the season's over with I'm really going to look into (making a decision)," he said. "I'm taking an official visit to Miami in January, but I'll probably end up making the decision before January."

Russ finished the season hitting on 10 field goals with a long of 45 yards. He averaged over 40 yards per punt - he finished his junior season averaging 42.8 yards.

How did it come about that he was a kicker?

"I played soccer ever since I was little," Russ said. "I just decided to try kicking when I was a freshman. That's how I got started really."

* Russ also plays baseball and says "(Miami coaches) said that it's definitely a possibility I can play baseball at Miami."

He batted .336 last year with four home runs, helping his team to a state title.
 7 years ago '04        #6792
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
the u documentary was the highest rated documentary ever shown on espn

love us or hate us u wanna watch us

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 12-14-2009 at 03:33 PM..
 12-14-2009, 05:04 PM         #6793
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 LB Hankins Has Three Offers

Junior linebackers are a bound in the state of Texas. Rob Hankins (Plano, Texas/Dallas Parish Episcopal) is one of several with offers. The Miami Hurricanes were the first to offer the 6-foot-1, 214-pounder on Wednesday followed by a pair of in-state programs.

"Getting an offer from Linebacker U really says something," Hankins said. "I was really excited about getting that offer. Miami offered on Wednesday, then Baylor on Thursday and SMU on Friday. A lot of hard work has gone into for the last five years for me. It's really a relief that all that hard work is paying off and I want to thank my coaches, teammates and most of all, my dad for pushing me. I'm going to go to college free in about a year and half, so that is awesome,"

Hankins could see his offers increase to five by week's end with two Big 12 programs expected to enter the race.

"Colorado has been talking about offering for over a year now. That may happen this week and Coach Nady said Texas Tech could happen this week," Hankins said.

The Dallas-area prospect recently made an unofficial visit to Oregon for the Ducks' game against Oregon State coming away very impressed.

"It was the most exciting game I've ever been too. A little cold, but it really made college football look like a lot of fun," Hankins said.

With the season having ended recently, Hankins will now turn his attention to track and setting up unofficial visits.

"SMU is right up the road and I'll check them out. My family and I want to go to Miami really soon too." Hankins said.

Hankins is also being recruited by TCU, Oregon and Oklahoma among others. He has a serious interest in TCU.
 7 years ago '04        #6794
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
the u documentary was the highest rated documentary ever shown on espn

love us or hate us u wanna watch us

people know what time it is when it comes to the U

the good ol' days .....
 12-15-2009, 02:11 PM         #6795
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Top WR leaning away from Miami

Four-star WR Michaelee Harris is being sought by Miami, but it appears one thing Harris is concerned about is getting a chance to compete for a starting job right away.
He told ESPN affiliate Inside The U, "One thing that I am worried about with Miami is all the receivers they brought in two years ago and that it would be hard to play right away, so they talked about that some."

There is merit to Harris' concern, if he wants to play right away. Two years ago, Miami recruited an incredible class of receivers -- seven highly touted WRs. That said, if he's willing to wait, Harris would definitely get an opportunity once those players are gone.

However, it seems like early playing time is important, so his other suitors -- Tennessee, West Virginia, and Georgia -- might be able to lure him with the promise of less competition.
 12-15-2009, 06:51 PM         #6796
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DT Todd Chandler Heading to USF

Miami Northwestern High School DT Todd Chandler, who had classified himself as a Miami commitment since last Nov. 29, confirmed that Miami is no longer recruiting him and is now headed to the University of South Florida.

"I just was talking to the (South Florida) coach," Chandler said. "They just came to my house and let me know how much they really wanted me, that they had room for me in their program, that they really needed a nose guard. I just went from there."

Chandler says he also heard that USF got a commitment today from Jeffrey Godfrey, who was waiting on a Cane offer.

Chandler said he wanted to wait until signing day "for the suspense," but word leaked out of his decision.

"Miami, they just stopped recruiting me," Chandler said. "I don't know why. But then I started seeing they were going after other D tackles, so I guess that's why."

He says he last spoke with Cane coaches around a month ago.

Of his goals at USF, Chandler said, "I just want to be a starter, do my best to turn that program around."

Chandler had wanted to play with his former Northwestern teammates at UM, but that won't happen.

"I was talking with Sean (Spence) and Marcus (Forston)," Chandler said. "They were real disappointed. Marcus always wanted me to come and play next to him."
 12-15-2009, 08:32 PM         #6797
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Interesting...
 7 years ago '05        #6798
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
f**k him...let dude catch beat downs for the next 4 yrs
 7 years ago '04        #6799
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474

For feedback on the University of Miami program -- players' pro prospects and other issues -- we solicited the views of three NFL scouts who have evaluated the Hurricanes, plus NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock:

• Among UM seniors, tight end Jimmy Graham is generating the most interest and could be UM's highest draft pick in April, Mayock said. Two scouts said they see Jason Fox being picked before Graham, but either way, "Fox and Graham have separated themselves from the other seniors,'' one said.

Mayock said Graham "is looking at the third or fourth round a.ssuming he runs well and catches well at his pro day.'' One team has him ranked 60th among all seniors.

"He's got good size, good hands, but he still has a long way to go,'' one scout said. ``He isn't Tony Gonzalez. He's not afraid to block, but he can't take on bigger linebackers by himself.''

• Two scouts disagreed about whether Fox has the body to play left tackle in the NFL. "He's not a big, thick guy. He might need to move inside,'' one said. Said Mayock: "Limited power, needs to get stronger. Most guys I talk to have him in the fourth, fifth round.''

• Though Darryl Sharpton played the run well, he "doesn't have the skills linebackers need in pass coverage,'' one scout said. "If you can't cover, you're a one-down player. He's too small.'' Mayock has him going in the middle rounds at best.

• Mayock said "a lot of people like Javarris James because he can block'' -- though one scout said he wouldn't draft him "because he can't stay healthy. He doesn't have the speed to consistently get outside.''..... Cornerback Sam Shields "will run fast at Pro Day and could be a late draftable kid,'' Mayock said. . . . One scout rated tight end Dedrick Epps as a mid-to-late-round prospect because of his receiving skills.

• Scout feedback on the top juniors: Allen Bailey "will be better in the NFL than college; second-rounder if he comes out now, could be top-10 pick if he stays'' and improves; Orlando Franklin "could rise to a first- or second-rounder'' if he plays well at left tackle for UM in 2010; Graig Cooper is a potential "third-rounder because of speed, versatility, return ability.''

A scout said Leonard Hankerson is a mid-rounder "but I would be scared to take him because he [excelled] only one year and because of drops.''

• One scout raved about junior Damien Berry and cannot understand why he does not get more carries: "He's their best running back. Physical, tough, good speed. If they ran him 25 times a game, they would be a different offense and it would help Jacory Harris.'' (good to know the NFL scouts see what we see)

• One scout, on UM's defense: "The linebackers are too slow. They can't keep up with guys in the flat and are out of position too much. The defensive linemen don't come off the ball well enough, and not enough of their linemen get better. Marcus Forston couldn't get upfield before they shut him down.''

• The scouts love Harris -- "he can be special,'' one said -- but another said he must get stronger "because his deep out routes tend to float. He's more accurate on midrange throws.''

• Ex-Dolphins great Mark Duper, who is close with Hankerson, said the junior receiver is leaning toward returning to UM, but it's not certain. Hankerson has two children and "I'm sure that's weighing on him'' in his decision, Duper said. "My advice was to stay and get your degree.''

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6800
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
What the hell is wrong with these kids and that "showing me love bulls**t"

do they want the coaches to call them 24/7 and all that? gotta be kidding ...

well get accustomed to levitt choking you for the next 4 years
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy