Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-25-2007, 09:36 PM         #661
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 25, 2007

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Related Links:

Miami commitments
Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Looking to finish out his first recruiting class, new Miami head coach Randy Shannon will play host during two big recruiting weekends before Signing Day. The first of these weekends begins Friday when the Hurricanes will have six official visitors - led by Rivals100 safety Major Wright.

Major Wright's final visit will be to Miami.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pounder out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Saint Thomas Aquinas is the highest-ranked recruit on campus this weekend (No. 43 in the nation). The visit will be an important one for Miami because they will get the last crack at the four-star prospect before he decides. If Miami wants to get back into the race for Wright, it will need to pull out all the stops. Expect Shannon and his new staff to do just that. The Hurricanes are currently trailing Wright's leaders - Ohio State and Florida.

The Hurricanes do have one secret weapon in their corner to help them land a commitment from Wright. A Saint Thomas Aquinas teammate, wide receiver Leonard Hankerson, has already committed to the Hurricanes. Hankerson will be taking the official with Wright this weekend. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Hankerson will likely work hard to recruit Wright to join him at Miami. That could be important when everything is all said and done.

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central wide receiver Deonte Thompson will also be on campus. Thompson was originally scheduled to visit the weekend of Feb. 2, but he apparently wants to announce his decision next week. Miami smartly pushed his visit up to help accommodate his wishes. Thompson currently favors Southern Cal and Florida, but he has always been a fan of the Miami program and this there's a real chance that the Hurricanes can turn him.

Miami visitors
• Lee Chambers, RB, Coffeeville, Miss.
• Leonard Hankerson, WR, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Marquis Maze, ATH, Birmingham, Ala.
• Jabaal Sheard, DE, Hollywood, Fla.
• Christian Tupou, DE, Sacramento, Calif.
• Major Wright, S, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

One other receiver making the trip to South Beach this weekend is 5-foot-9, 165-pound, Marquis Maze. The Birmingham (Ala.) Tarrant receiver is taking his final official visit this weekend to Miami. He is down to the Hurricanes, Alabama and Tennessee, and a good visit could be enough to pull out a pledge from the three-star prospect. Originally, Maze committed to Michigan before re-opening his recruitment.
Staying on the offensive side of the ball, Mississippi State soft commitment Lee Chambers will be taking his final official visit of the season to Miami this weekend. The 6-foot, 193-pound running back from Coffeeville, Miss., committed to the Bulldogs in June before opening up things in late fall. The three-star prospect maintains he's still committed to Mississippi State - especially after a good visit to the school last weekend. However, Chambers is taking the visit to South Beach and a good trip could make him reconsider things once more.

In addition to players with offers, two defensive ends without scholarships will be taking officials to Miami. One of the two players is Hollywood (Fla.) Hollywood Hills end Jabaal Sheard. The 6-foot-4, 240-pounder currently has the Hurricanes in his top three with Pittsburgh and Rutgers, although if Miami offers it could result in a commitment.

The other player making the trip to Miami is Sacramento (Calif.) Grant three-star lineman Christian Tupou. The 6-foot-3, 260-pounder will be taking his fifth and final official visit this weekend after trips to Arizona, Brigham Young, California and Nebraska. Tupou is new on the Hurricanes board - they have only been recruiting him the last couple weeks. If Shannon and his staff hand out an offer, a commitment from the California lineman wouldn't be a surprise.
 01-25-2007, 09:38 PM         #662
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As long as we keep Hankerson and Wiggins im happy. I think we can get Thompson, Wright and Marve and turn this into a special class.. I really think Wiggins is going to be the best player out of this class. Kid is the reason they made up the phrase lock down corner
 10 years ago '04        #663
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
Jared Campbell is the Secret Recruit...Calais Campbell's Brother.

Kid can hit, but dont really know much else about him

01-26-2007, 11:38 AM         #664
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 26, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Chris Summers bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Jacksonville (Fla.) Ribault High School WR Chris Summers is leaving for a weekend visit to Miami this morning.

A Louisville commitment, he is still waiting on a solid Hurricane offer.

"I'm looking forward to him coming back after his visit telling me he's either going to commit there or they didn't offer," Ribault High coach Arthur Mallory said. "He's still committed to Louisville, though, so I can't say (what will happen). South Florida has also offered him."

A 6-foot-6, 200-pounder with 4.65-second speed, Mallory says Summers is a Plaxico Burress-type receiver.

"Miami started recruiting him three weeks ago, and coach (Clint) Hurtt and Randy Shannon have come in for him," Mallory said. "He's an excellent player. He's a great athlete, one of the best basketball players in the state of Florida. Quite a few of the smaller schools want him for basketball, Division I-AA schools.

"He has good hands, runs excellent routes. He's an elusive type guy who knows how to get open and just has that football speed."

Summers had 42 catches for over 700 yards with nine touchdowns as a senior.
 01-26-2007, 11:39 AM         #665
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 26, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Brandon Hicks bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Jacksonville (FL) Forrest High School LB Brandon Hicks has been the subject of plenty of rumors the last several weeks.

Some had him as a Florida commitment.

More recently rumors flew that he had committed to the Canes.

Hicks is asked to address the rumors.

"I didn't commit anywhere," he says. "I'll announce on signing day."

Hicks says he is down to Miami, Florida and Clemson.

He says he has eliminated one of those three schools in his mind, but he won't say which one.

He is building the suspense for signing day.

"That's when I'll announce," he said. "I wanted to do it on signing day from the start. I'm excited about it. I'm thinking about it real hard."

He says he doesn't have a leader among the two schools he has narrowed it down to.

"In my head I have it narrowed down to two of the three, but I'm looking for that something special," he says. "It's possible I won't know until signing day for sure."

He spoke about each of his finalists:

* Florida: "I like the coaches, the way they run things is real good. Them winning a national championship is all good."

* Miami: "I love the coaches, love the players. I like the school. It would be a great place to be. They have a lot to accomplish, a lot to look forward to."

* Clemson: "I like the players as well, love the coaches."
 01-26-2007, 11:39 AM         #666
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 25, 2007

Related Links:
Jared Campbell bioVideo highlights

Call him Miami's secret recruit.

Aurora (Col.) Overland High School DB Jared Campbell, a Washington commitment, hasn't officially decommitted to Miami yet. But it appears it's only a matter of time before that happens.

Campbell is a familiar face to at least one current Hurricane: He is the brother of UM defensive end Calais Campbell.

But most following the Cane recruiting wars haven't heard much about him. That's because he committed to Washington after a visit there in early December. That was before Miami began recruiting him.

He says new coach Randy Shannon has been on him hard, and he got a visit at his school from coach Tim Walton earlier this week.

"He took my transcripts, said they want me as a corner, was telling me more about the university," Campbell said. "I already know a lot about it because of Calais."

Campbell says he was waiting on a Cane offer and got it Jan. 22 when Walton text messaged him that Miami has room for him in the class. He had the offer letter faxed to his school Jan. 24.

Now the Campbell brothers may be reunited later this year. They played together for one year in high school, when they attended Denver (Col.) South High School together.

"We're real close, talk all the time," Jared said.

Campbell finished his senior year rushing 119 times for 1,004 yards with 13 touchdowns. On defense he had 57 tackles and an interception, helping his team to a 7-4 record. He was named First Team All-Mountain Pass Conference on defense and second-team on offense.

His junior year he was named First Team All-Mountain Plains Conference after tallying over 850 yards of offense at Golden (Col.) High School.

"He's a free safety type kid at the next level," said Overland High coach Tony Manfredi, who is in his 28th year coaching at the school. "He runs well, has great instincts, is a great football player. He's one of those real physical players who loves to come up and hit people, a Ronnie Lott type.

"He's a kid that knows how to take good angles and likes to get in the hole real fast. He likes to get after you. He's just a great athlete, a tremendous kid, a great character kid."

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com
 10 years ago '04        #667
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i appreciate the updates everybody
 10 years ago '05        #668
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
props, but where u get ur sh*t from tho, rivals?
 01-26-2007, 12:00 PM         #669
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rivals, message boards, news papers, people i still know down there
 10 years ago '04        #670
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
Some Video's of our Commitments i found on youtube

[pic - click to view]

Jermaine McKenzie

[pic - click to view]

Kayne Farquharson

[pic - click to view]

Graig Cooper

[pic - click to view]

Robert Marve Future Commitment
 10 years ago '04        #671
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
If these players sign, it will be no doubt one helluva class. Maybe not more than UF's but pretty much neck to neck.
 01-26-2007, 02:43 PM         #672
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 26, 2007

Related Links:

Aurora (Col.) Overland High School DB Jared Campbell, a Washington commitment, hasn't officially decommitted to Miami yet.

But he says he has a message into coach Randy Shannon and that as soon as he reaches him he will become an official Miami commitment.

"I'm going to do it," he said. "I already called Washington coaches."

Campbell is a familiar face to at least one current Hurricane: He is the brother of UM defensive end Calais Campbell.

But most following the Cane recruiting wars haven't heard much about him. That's because he committed to Washington after a visit there in early December. That was before Miami began recruiting him.

He says new coach Randy Shannon has been on him hard, and he got a visit at his school from coach Tim Walton earlier this week.

"He took my transcripts, said they want me as a corner, was telling me more about the university," Campbell said. "I already know a lot about it because of Calais."

Campbell says he was waiting on a Cane offer and got it Jan. 22 when Walton text messaged him that Miami has room for him in the class. He had the offer letter faxed to his school Jan. 24.

Now the Campbell brothers will be reunited later this year. They played together for one year in high school, when they attended Denver (Col.) South High School together.

Campbell finished his senior year rushing 119 times for 1,004 yards with 13 touchdowns. On defense he had 57 tackles and an interception, helping his team to a 7-4 record. He was named First Team All-Mountain Pass Conference on defense and second-team on offense.

His junior year he was named First Team All-Mountain Plains Conference after tallying over 850 yards of offense at Golden (Col.) High School.

"He's a free safety type kid at the next level," said Overland High coach Tony Manfredi, who is in his 28th year coaching at the school. "He runs well, has great instincts, is a great football player. He's one of those real physical players who loves to come up and hit people, a Ronnie Lott type.

"He's a kid that knows how to take good angles and likes to get in the hole real fast. He likes to get after you. He's just a great athlete, a tremendous kid, a great character kid."
 01-26-2007, 04:03 PM         #673
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 26, 2007

Related Links:
Nick Provo bioVideo highlights

Greenacres (FL) John I. Leonard High School WR/TE Nick Provo is visiting Miami -– his coach said he's expected on campus this weekend, although it may be pushed back to Super Bowl weekend.

If he does visit this weekend, Provo is hoping he gets a Miami offer.

He is currently a Syracuse commitment, but that could change if the Canes want him badly enough.

A 6-foot-4, 225-pounder, Provo is projected as a tight end or receiver at the next level.

His coach, Brian Coe, compares him to a Matt Jones type.

"He does it all, is a complete player," Coe said. "He can block the tight end, has great hands and pretty good speed that you just look at him and wouldn't be able to tell. He has body mass where he's going to put on a lot of muscle mass, 30 or 40 pounds through next year."

Cane coach Clint Hurtt began recruiting Provo recently.

Provo had committed early in the recruiting process to the Orangemen.

"He committed early to Syracuse because he wanted a chance to enjoy his senior year," Coe said.

Provo was named the MVP of the Palm Beach Outback All-Star game this year after catching a pair of touchdowns.
 01-26-2007, 04:33 PM         #674
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props on the video's crip
 01-26-2007, 06:27 PM         #675
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of yall dont think im really a cane fan cause i like penn state

but dont ever say i dont stand up for yall

Black_Deuce said:
Reggie Bush accepted cash gifts too

what about the USC program?

the whole duke lacrosse team r*pe thing?

no hate for them either

everyone hates on the hurricanes

your just mad your favorite NFL team wouldnt be sh*t without the hurricanes contributions

Ohio State also violated SERIOUS recruiting standards in 2001

but OSU is one of the prestegous programs in the country

HATER

close this gay a.ss thread
 01-26-2007, 07:32 PM         #676
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rivals and Scouts n Radio are saying DVD is back with Miami. No offical word yet, so take it how you want
 01-26-2007, 09:14 PM         #677
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 26, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI OFFICIAL VISITORS
Weekend of Jan. 27
Note that this is not an official list. There can be surprise visitors, and some expected visitors may change their plans. Stay tuned to CaneSport.com as visits wrap up Sunday for all the news from the weekend.

Damien Berry
Belle Glade (FL) Glades Central
S ranking: No. 11
Florida ranking: No. 15

Level of Interest: High

The Skinny: Berry is a solid Cane commitment and must spend the weekend making sure his teammate who is on the fence -- WR Deonte Thompson -- has a great time in Miami. If Berry can help the Canes land his big cousin it would be huge for this UM class.

Lee Chambers
Coffeeville (MS) Coffeeville
All-purpose back ranking: No. 9
Mississippi Top 25 ranking: No. 13

Level of Interest: Low/Medium

The Skinny: With two running backs already on board and the Canes currently on the outside looking in at landing Chambers, it's hard to see this Coffeeville native picking UM in the end.

Leonard Hankerson
Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
WR ranking: No. 44
Florida ranking: No. 79

The Skinny: This will be the only visit for this Hurricane commitment, and his big task at UM in the eyes of many will be if he can help sway teammate and close friend Major Wright to the Canes. If that happens Hankerson's visit will be a major success.

Marquis Maze
Birmingham (AL) Tarrant
Athlete ranking: No. 67
Alabama Top 25 ranking: No. 25

Level of Interest: Medium

The Skinny: The Canes have a shot here in this battle with Tennessee and Alabama. A solid visit and Miami will be in decent shape to land his signature on signing day.

Taurus McKinley
WR ranking: No. 66

The Skinny: McKinley is a Cane commitment and he, along with Damien Berry, needs to work on showing Deonte Thompson that the three of them can make a big impact together at Miami.

Chris Perry
Keller (TX) Fossil Ridge
DT ranking: No. 25
Texas ranking: No. 22

The Skinny: Perry made waves when he decommitted from Nebraska to Miami earlier this week (yes, he was a Cane commitment even earlier). His visit is a mere formality. He will be a Cane.

Chris Summers
Jacksonville (FL) Ribault
WR ranking: NR

Level of Interest: Medium/High

The Skinny: This soft Louisville commitment may flip-flop if coach Randy Shannon offers him a scholarship at the end of his Hurricane visit. At 6-foot-6 he's got plenty of upside, but his speed is a concern. He ran a 5.0 time at the Nike Combine and has been timed by his coach in the 4.6-4.7 range.

Deonte Thompson
WR ranking: No. 8
Rivals100 ranking: No. 49

The Skinny: Along with Major Wright, Thompson is a huge priority in this recruiting class. He must have a tremendous visit this weekend for the Canes to land him, but there is certainly a chance he winds up at UM. Miami must sell him on his chance for significant immediate playing time, and Patrick Nix and Marquis Mosely must spend every waking hour showing Thompson lots of love.

Major Wright
Fort Lauderdale (FL) Saint Thomas Aquinas
S ranking: No. 2
Rivals100 ranking: No. 43

The Skinny: The Hurricanes have a lot of ground they need to make up if they want to land Wright. He is a major priority for this class but it will take a perfect visit for the Canes to have a realistic chance of landing him.
 01-26-2007, 09:34 PM         #678
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn... this is gonna be a heavy class for running backs
 01-27-2007, 03:35 PM         #679
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 27, 2007

Related Links:

Call him Miami's secret recruit.

Earlier this week the CaneSport.com message boards were abuzz after this recruit told the CaneSport staff that he was decommitting to Miami. It just took a while for him to actually make it official.

Now it is.

Aurora (Col.) Overland High School DB Jared Campbell said moments ago that he will be part of this Hurricane recruiting class.

"I spoke with coach [Randy] Shannon last night," Campbell said. "He was happy when I said I want to be a Cane.

"I'm really excited. I'm working for playing early. Coach Shannon said you have to work hard to achieve early playing time."

Campbell was recruited by some schools as a tailback but will play cornerback at Miami.

Campbell is a familiar face to at least one current Cane: He is the brother of UM defensive end Calais Campbell.

Most following the Cane recruiting wars haven't heard much about him. That's because he committed to Washington after a visit there in early December. That was before Miami began recruiting him.

It didn't take him long to switch things up after Miami began recruiting him.

"Calais told me I'll love the city and that the football team is the most fun part about Miami," Campbell said.

He says Shannon was recruiting him hard after he took over as Cane coach, and Campbell got a visit at his school from coach Tim Walton earlier this week.

Campbell says he has set up his visit to UM for Super Bowl weekend. He has taken other visits to Colorado and Washington.

He says he was waiting on a Cane offer and got it Jan. 22 when Walton text messaged him that Miami has room for him in the class. He had the offer letter faxed to his school Jan. 24.

Now the Campbell brothers will be reunited later this year. They played together for one year in high school, when they attended Denver (Col.) South High School together.

Campbell's coach thinks he'll grow into a safety.

01-27-2007, 09:00 PM         #680
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rakim you are the fu*kin man

My n*gga Hurricane Ra holdin it down with the insider articles

I wish their were an automatic prop button that gets you as soon as the you must spread rep message goes away

keep doin what you do man
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago