Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #6761
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
gotdamn cant wait till saturday

The U" documentary should entertain

> Posted by Shandel Richardson on December 9, 2009 07:14 PM
After Saturday's Heisman Trophy presentation, ESPN is set to air a program that may draw more attention than naming college football's best player.

At the 9 p.m., a two-hour documentary called "The U" should catch the eye of many football fans. Director Billy Corben takes an in-depth look at the Hurricanes' teams during the 1980s and early 90s. It begins with the rise under coach Howard Schnellenberger, continues with the flamboyant Jimmy Johnson teams and ends with the Dennis Erickson era.

The film portrays the good: the national titles

It also focuses on the bad: the brash and off-the-field problems.

I watched it last week. Here are a few highlights to look forward to:

-Look for a scene where Michael Irvin is discussing how the media may have played a role in the `Canes "bad boy" image. Irvin basically shoots down the idea, and says the UM players were really bad boys.

-Melvin Bratton tells a story of calling Brian Bosworth's hotel room the morning of the Orange Bowl. The trash-talk began before noon.

-Schnellenberger's trademark pipe was apparently a great recruiting tool. He'd give an empty pipe to big-time players, hoping it would attract them.

-My favorite part had to be a certain linebacker wearing No. 22 showboating on his way to the endzone. I won't say who it is, but it was quite the celebration dance from a coach who now preaches strong discipline.

-Lamar Thomas and Bratton provided the most colorful commentary, including how they used football to impress women. It's why Bratton always took his helmet off every time he made a play. He wanted to be seen. Thomas is probably the most quotable in the film.

-One player referred to Dennis Erickson as a substitute teacher, meaning he was a player's coach and allowed them to run wild.

-Lastly, the only downfall is the length. Not sure we needed a full two hours to tell a story most already knew. Still, the film was effective and is a must-watch for any UM fan.
 7 years ago '04        #6762
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
that U documentary's gonna be serious, already got the DVR set:applause:

Last edited by madness; 12-09-2009 at 11:27 PM..
 12-10-2009, 12:06 AM         #6763
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only reason I'll be tuning into the Heisman show!
 7 years ago '04        #6764
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
shieeeettt my n*ggas you already know i got that s**t set to record

and you already know that 80% of the country will be watching that s**t, that's gonna be crazy exposure for the Canes across the country. You know every damn recruit is gonna be watching that
 7 years ago '05        #6765
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796
yeah Clements good luck with Joyner joining you

ps i'm glad this bum went to UM....easy player to defend under lil Stoops
 12-10-2009, 05:17 PM         #6766
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lastest On Michaelee Harris

Miami Northwestern High School WR Michaelee Harris got an in-home visit from Cane coaches Wesley McGriff and Aubrey Hill last week.

"They were just touching base on what they have to offer," Harris said. "They believe I can come in and start.

"My mom was asking them about the education, things like that. They answered everything real well."

He adds that "The visit - it helped Miami. It let me know more. It made me more comfortable with the program. Miami wants me pretty bad, I think."

Harris lists a top four of Miami, West Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia.

"They're all even," he said.

He has one visit set up so far - to West Virginia this weekend. Mountaineer coaches took an in-home visit with him on Sunday.

"North Carolina and Georgia haven't offered yet, but Georgia said they're close to offering," Harris said. "I've gotten letters from North Carolina but haven't spoke to their coaches yet."

Asked when he might decide on a college, Harris said, "I'll decide before signing day, probably in January at some point."

Harris finished his senior season with over 400 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.
 12-10-2009, 05:20 PM         #6767
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Latest On LB Christian Jones

Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell High School LB Christian Jones got a chance to learn more about Miami last week - Cane coach Micheal Barrow visited him at school and took an in-home visit.

"We have a good relationship," Jones said. "We don't talk about football all the time, which is good. I hear about that enough. He was talking about my visits I took, talking about basketball because I'm doing that right now. He talked a little about Miami also."

While Jones says he doesn't have a list of favorites, he said "Miami's definitely a school I'm still considering."

He adds "When I take my last visit I'll figure out (a top five)."

He's already taken official visits to Notre Dame, Tennessee, Alabama and Oklahoma. His last visit will be to USC in January.

"I'm not taking any visits to instate schools," he said.

Of what he's learned on his visits so far, he said, "I learned different stuff about each program. Alabama and Oklahoma were a lot similar with tradition, national championships, All-Americans. The same with Notre Dame. Notre Dame is very unique, different form the others - education is great there. Tennessee is about to bounce back, I think, with the coaching staff they brought in and the recruiting classes they've been having."

Of what's most important to him in choosing his football future home, Jones said, "The relationship with coaches and players."

The outside linebacker prospect finished his senior season with over 100 tackles and five sacks.
 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM         #6768
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 ATH Recruit Javorius Allen

Tallahassee (FL) Lincoln High School athlete and 2011 recruit Javorius Allen might be from the heart of FSU territory, but he says he's serious about the Canes.

He lists a verbal UM offer.

"Miami, they'll be in my top six," Allen said. "I have family, cousins in Miami, so they've been Miami fans for a while. Ever since I saw Devin Hester play for Miami I've been into Miami."

Allen attended the FAMU game this season as an invited recruit.

"I talked with the coaches - they were saying how important it is to get my grades, saying that I can be an impact player there," Allen said. "I also went around the campus - it's small and real nice."

Along with Miami, he says other programs high on his early list are Florida State, Alabama, USC, Georgia and Florida.

A 6-foot-1, 210-pounder with 4.4-second speed, Allen could play running back, receiver or safety at the next level. He missed this season with a broken femur, and as a sophomore he played running back, receiver and returned kicks. He had 1,100 rushing yards, 300 receiving yards and 11 total touchdowns that year.

Allen says he's staying in regular contact with Cane coaches.

"I call them to see how the team is doing," he said. "They want me to come to their summer camp, so I'll try to do that."
 12-10-2009, 05:23 PM         #6769
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 LB Anthony Wallace

Dallas (TX) Skyline High School LB and Class of 2011 recruit Anthony Wallace lists 14 early scholarship offers, including Miami.

"I got the offer early on - it came in the mail," Wallace said. "I was surprised. It was one of my first offers. I was shocked. I didn't know I was being looked at nationally. That was a big offer.

"Miami, I'll consider them - I'm wide open to everyone."

He says of UM that "I don't know much about the program. I've been getting mail from Miami, cards that encourage me during the week, update how they're doing.

"I plan to see some colleges in the next few months - I know for sure I'm coming to Miami. I don't know when yet, though."

He took visits to Oklahoma and Texas last summer for junior days. He adds that "distance isn't a big deal" in his college decision.

Wallace says he's already feeling some of the pressure that comes with being a big-time recruit.

"I get advice from everyone around me," he said. "They say to take all my trips and see everything.

"People are telling me where to go, things like that - at school a lot of people say to go to LSU, OU. A lot say Texas, Miami - they say everywhere."

Of what he wants in a college, Wallace said, "I want to go somewhere where I don't have to wait too long to play, somewhere that has a family atmosphere."
 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM         #6770
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Latest On Miami LB Commit Kevin Nelson

Gainesville (FL) High School LB and Cane commitment Kevin Nelson got an in-home visit from coach Clint Hurtt last week.

"It went well," Nelson said. "He just told me all about my life the next 3-4 years as a Hurricane, was telling me about the opportunities I had as a student-athlete, as a football player."

Nelson hosted Hurtt in his living room. Also there were his stepfather, aunt and grandparents.

"And my a.ssistant, my clerk was there," Nelson said. "That's what I call him, but he's my Godbrother, Julian Smith (who is 28 years old). His name on CaneSport.com is juface - he's a big-time UM fan. My mentor was there, too - Alvin Butler, who used to play for Florida."

Nelson's Godmother wasn't able to attend, but he says she left behind a list of 10 questions to ask Hurtt.

"He was asked 100 questions just from my aunt," Nelson said. "Coach Hurtt answered them all with an A+.

"He was asked about playing time, playing opportunities, rotation on the field, classes, mentors, stuff like that."

Of what Hurtt said about his playing time chances, Nelson said, "Well, every coach is going to tell you stuff to put a smile on your face because they're selling the school. But coach Hurtt was candid with everything. He said `If Kevin comes in with the attitude of I have to come in, have to work hard,' I'll play. He said playing football in college is a step in the mental and physical part, but I'll be able to handle it."

Nelson is being recruited at middle linebacker, and he sees an opportunity to play as a true freshman with Darryl Sharpton graduating.

"I'm so glad to take over after him," Nelson said. "I look up to him and (Sean) Spence. Me and Sean talk all the time. I'm going to be really glad to take over after Darryl, just lead the team to a national championship next year.

"I talk to my cousin Demarcus Van Dyke**** all the time also. Demarcus talks to me about classes. I was asking him about the playing time, how the coaches are - he said they treat you well. He said be yourself and you'll be fine. Sean, he just says a lot of things about staying focused, just keeping your eye on the prize."

Nelson currently weighs 210 pounds, so his focus is on putting on a lot of muscle before arriving at UM in June.

"I'm going to try and get to at least 220," he said. "They're going to put more weight on me there, and I think when the season starts I'll be 240."

Nelson is currently rehabbing a leg injury but says he expects to be fine by the end of the month.

He finished his senior season with 150 tackles, two interceptions, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and six sacks. He scored three touchdowns, two on interceptions returns and one on a fumble recovery.

He's a solid commitment.

"Oh, man, I felt like I was part of Miami's family when I was in ninth grade even though they couldn't recruit me back then," Nelson said. "It's just the atmosphere, everything about the program."
 12-10-2009, 05:25 PM         #6771
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 QB Kiehl Frazier

Springdale (Ark.) Shiloh Christian High School QB and Class of 2011 recruit Kiehl Frazier lists nine early scholarship offers. They've come from Miami, Auburn, Arkansas, Kansas State, Duke, Vanderbilt, Tulsa, Northwestern and Western Michigan.

"I'm definitely going to consider Miami," Frazier said. "I'm pretty sure we're going to go there in January and look at the campus. It'll be fun to go down there in January.

"Miami's definitely toward the top of my list right now."

Frazier adds that he's wide open to every college - "It's so early," he said. "I'm just starting to get to know the coaching staffs at all the programs."

One coach he already knows fairly well is Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple.

"I talk to him every now and then, really like him a lot," Frazier said. "I talk to him every couple of weeks, I call him. We've talked about my games, what they're doing at Miami, how they're progressing. He said he likes the way I fit into their system, that I remind him a little of Jacory (Harris) the way I run and throw. He said he really likes the way I play and thinks I'd fit in down there."

Frazier says he wants a pro style offense and that "My dream is to make it to the NFL."

Frazier has already taken several unofficial visits - he's gone to Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, Oklahoma State and Notre Dame.

"I'm thinking about graduating early, so I want to see all the colleges," he said.

He says he has no early frontrunners.

Of Miami's program, he said, "I know they send a lot of people to the NFL, are one of the most prestigious programs in football. They fell off the last few years, but they're showing this year that they're coming back up there."

Frazier has thrown for over 3,500 yards this season with 44 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He's also run for more than 600 yards and 10 more scores.

Frazier says he hears a lot of comparisons in his playing style to UF's Tim Tebow.

"He's got a great arm," Shiloh Christian coach Josh Floyd said. "He's got a big-time arm, can make every throw. He's very athletic. He makes a lot of plays with his feet. What makes him special is he's multi-dimensional, can run and throw. He's tough to defend."
 12-10-2009, 05:27 PM         #6772
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Showing Alot Of Interest In LB Josh Shirley

Miami would like to add linebackers in the 2010 class and one of the biggest targets for the Hurricanes at that position right now is Josh Shirley out of Kaiser (CA) High School.

That interest showed on Tuesday as Shirley was visited at his home by defensive a.ssistant coach Micheal Barrow.

Shirley said he and his parents enjoyed meeting with coach Barrow.

“Coach Barrow came by my school and my home today,” Barrow said. “My parents really enjoyed meeting coach Barrow and liked how it was just a relaxed meeting and they liked talking to him. They liked that he has a lot of playing experience.”

Barrow has built a strong relationship with Shirley that is growing. Shirley says he relates well with Barrow and that he calls him many times a week.

“Miami is showing me a lot of interest right now and I talk to them all the time. I call coach Barrow probably every other day,” Shirley said. “Me and coach Barrow have a real good relationship that is growing. I like him and we get along pretty good. I like that he played in the NFL for so long so you know that he knows what he is talking about. He has a lot of knowledge that can be passed down.”

Shirley says Barrow made it clear that Miami has made him a high priority at this point in the recruiting process and that UM has a big need for linebackers this year.

“He said they really need linebackers and that they wouldn’t fly all the way across the country if they didn’t want me,” Shirley said. “He says I am a big priority for them, so that is nice to hear.”

Miami is currently part of Shirley’s top six of USC, UCLA, Washington, Arizona, and Tennessee. Shirley has already taken official visits to Arizona and Washington. He says he has not yet made an official visit date to Miami.

When it does come time for Shirley to make a decision on his future school, he says the relationship with the coaching staff will be a deciding factor.

“I will just look at my relationship with all the coaches and who I get along with and who I would like to spend the next four or five years with,” Shirley said. “I want coaches that will take care of me and coach me and I want a good environment.”

As a junior Shirley finished the year with 88 tackles and 17 sacks.
 7 years ago '04        #6773
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dchis again.

good lookin out on the updates
 7 years ago '05        #6774
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
shieeeettt my n*ggas you already know i got that s**t set to record

and you already know that 80% of the country will be watching that s**t, that's gonna be crazy exposure for the Canes across the country. You know every damn recruit is gonna be watching that
are you gonna upload it...cuz something tells me i might miss it
 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM         #6775
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kiehl Frazier is like a black tebow but better arm and faster
 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM         #6776
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
check out his youtube highlights
 12-11-2009, 02:47 PM         #6777
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Volunteers defensive tackle commit Brandon Willis to visit The U

Four-star DT Brandon Willis (Duncan, S.C./Brynes), who committed to Tennessee in September, is expected to make an official visit to Miami-FL on Dec. 19th. The ESPNU 150 talent, who has also made trips to North Carolina and UCLA, hopes to enroll early, so he must finalize his visits prior to the recruiting dead period Dec. 21st - Jan. 1st. Earlier this week Willis found himself at the center of a New York Times concerning the use of hostesses by Tennessee in the recruitment of Willis and his teammates at Byrnes, running back Marcus Lattimore and Corey Miller. Willis finished his highly-productive senior season with 144 tackles, 24 tackles for loss and 13 sacks.
 7 years ago '04        #6778
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Dchis said:
Volunteers defensive tackle commit Brandon Willis to visit The U

Four-star DT Brandon Willis (Duncan, S.C./Brynes), who committed to Tennessee in September, is expected to make an official visit to Miami-FL on Dec. 19th. The ESPNU 150 talent, who has also made trips to North Carolina and UCLA, hopes to enroll early, so he must finalize his visits prior to the recruiting dead period Dec. 21st - Jan. 1st. Earlier this week Willis found himself at the center of a New York Times concerning the use of hostesses by Tennessee in the recruitment of Willis and his teammates at Byrnes, running back Marcus Lattimore and Corey Miller. Willis finished his highly-productive senior season with 144 tackles, 24 tackles for loss and 13 sacks.
cheeaaaaaaa lets get this n*gga in :agreement6:

hopefully Shannon brings out the South Beach hostesses

Take the n*gga to mangos and watch the fine a.ss latinas jiggle that b00ty to salsa and merenge:agreement6: unless he wanna spend 4 years of his life listening to country music and snowbunnies that have to go on cliffsnote on how to 2 step
 7 years ago '05        #6779
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
cheeaaaaaaa lets get this n*gga in :agreement6:

hopefully Shannon brings out the South Beach hostesses

Take the n*gga to mangos and watch the fine a.ss latinas jiggle that b00ty to salsa and merenge:agreement6: unless he wanna spend 4 years of his life listening to country music and snowbunnies that have to go on cliffsnote on how to 2 step
lmao or watch em do that line square dancing bulls**t...how the f**k u sposed to pproach a b**ch like that when she doing a choreagraphed country dance s**t
 12-12-2009, 08:18 AM         #6780
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami First 2011 Commit OL Marcus Jackson

Vero Beach junior offensive lineman Marcus Jackson is a name that is fairly new to those that follow Cane recruiting. Before the fans even got a chance to know him, Jackson (6-3, 300) decided to make an early decision and become the first commitment in Miami's 2011 recruiting class. Read here to learn more about Miami's first 2011 commitment.
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
31 comments
20 hours ago