Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6741
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
f**kin FSU with their pity'd they're way into the f**kin Gator Bowl.

i have lost all respect for them for pulling this s**t. f**k them..the Gator Bowl commitee and the ACC/NCAA for allowing this cartoon type bulls**t
 7 years ago '05        #6742
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
im surprised they didnt give bobby bowden - acc coach of the year just as a parting gift either...we are prolly lookin at the nut bowl (again) and music city bowl
 7 years ago '04        #6743
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
thats some bulls**t... f**k bobby bowden. all them years and only 2 champinships
 7 years ago '04        #6744
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
Our 4-star commit Louis Nix committed to Notre Dame
 12-02-2009, 01:05 AM         #6745
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good riddance, IMO, although the kid was never technically a Cane.

Let's go get Ego!
 7 years ago '05        #6746
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 booie4 said:
good luck to dude
 7 years ago '04        #6747
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 booie4 said:
Good for him. Now he'll be proud of losing records for the next 4 years

And he was wondering why Hurtt wasn't calling his b**ch a.ss anymore... My n*gga Hurtt knew about Nix's shady behind the door businesses with the domers Take your L fat a.ss boy you already missed this train

Also, rumor is that Buxton's offer was pulled.... according to gridironstuds
 12-04-2009, 10:22 PM         #6748
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chris Dunkley Talking Recruiting

Pahokee (FL) High School WR Chris Dunkley says he's heard plenty of rumors that he's already committed to Florida.

"I've also heard rumors that I've committed to Miami," he says. "There are rumors every day."

Dunkley says that "I've never committed anywhere."

He adds, "Recruiting, it has been crazy. It's not too bad, though. I just don't answer my phone."

Of UM, he says, "Miami's definitely still in the picture. I've been talking with coach (Aubrey) Hill and coach (Clint) Hurtt. We have a real good relationship. They just talk about football, the program."

Dunkley attended several UM home games this season.

"I went for the Clemson game and Georgia Tech and FAMU," he said. "I went in the locker room after - it was cool.

"I talked to (Travis) Benjamin, Jacory (Harris), Aldarius (Johnson) and Brandon (Washington). We talk outside of the locker room, too. They don't tell me to come there, just say to do what's best for me and if Miami's what it is, then welcome to the family."

He adds, "Miami, I like how they throw the ball, the new offense."

Dunkley says he's narrowed things down to four schools: Miami, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.

"I don't know who leads right now," he said.

He'll announce the lucky school at the Army All-American game, which is set for Jan. 9.

Of what he wants in a college, he says, "A good receivers coach. And academics - I'm going to study law."

Dunkley says he has no official visits set up yet.

His senior year stats are impressive: Over 600 receiving yards with six touchdown catches
 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM         #6749
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First Miami Commit of 2011

Don't be surprised if one of Miami's earliest Class of 2011 commitments is Vero Beach (FL) High School OL Marcus Jackson .

Jackson, who lists offers from Miami, FIU and South Carolina, says "I'm pretty sure right now I'm going to commit to Miami. Something would really have to happen to change my mind. I'm pretty much 100 percent certain I will commit.

"I'm going to do it later on, not right now. Miami's always been my dream school. I grew up wanting to be a Hurricane, and my whole mom's side of the family likes Miami."

Jackson also lists early offers from South Carolina and FIU.

He attended UM's home games against Virginia and Oklahoma as an invited recruit this year.

"Coaches were just talking to me about early enrollment, where I would be on the depth chart - they think I'll be a guard," Jackson said.

Jackson says he's "pretty sure" he can arrive at UM in Jan., 2011.

"I have the classes lined up right now to do it," he said.

He says he's getting regular UM recruiting mail "talking about the school stats, history - they send me handwritten letters wishing me good luck."

Jackson has a coach on his team Cane fans will recognize - former UM star defensive lineman Kenny Holmes. Holmes' son, Deion, is a 5-foot-10, 185-pound outside linebacker on the team.

"He coaches the D line, is the defensive coordinator," Jackson said. "He knows I like Miami a lot."

Jackson's coach, Gary Coggin, says UM would get quite a pickup in the 6-foot-4, 285-pounder.

"He started playing for us as a sophomore, and I've seen him develop as an athlete from one year to the next," Coggin said. "He's a legit left tackle for any passing attack. He's got everything it takes - size, good footwork, great hands, long arms, and he moves his feet well in pass protection and does a good job run blocking as well."
 7 years ago '04        #6750
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Amidst Rumors, Chandler Calls UM
Dec. 5, 2009

By: Christopher Stock

Todd Chandler
There is a lot of buzz out there about the status of Todd Chandler.

Is he de-committing? Did UM pull the offer? Did UM even offer?

Chandler, the fourth-ranked defensive tackle in the country according to ESPN, who verbally committed to Miami November 2008, just got off the phone with Miami a.ssistant coach Wesley McGriff to get the story straight.

“I started hearing stuff and people were calling me asking me if I de-commit or if UM pulled their offer, I was like, no that’s not true,” said the Northwestern star. “I called Miami just in case to tell them I wasn’t going to de-commit and they’ve known I’m going to take my visits. McGriff said everything is good. I felt real comfortable with what he had to say.”

Chandler started hearing the chatter and decided to call McGriff on Saturday afternoon.

"I talked to Coach McGriff because people were saying that I'm a de-commit or UM was going to pull their offer, but I don’t even know how that started,” Chandler said.

Chandler has his first official visit set up next week at Colorado State on December 11.

He says he also plans on taking an official visit to LSU, Tennessee, North Carolina, and FIU as their respective staffs have been talking with Chandler throughout the recruiting process.

“Right now I’m really trying to focus on college,” said Chandler, who still plans on graduating early.

Chandler’s Bulls saw their season end in disappointment last week with a loss to rival Miami Central as finishing 10-2 on the season.

“The season went pretty good, but it didn’t the way we wanted,” Chandler said. “We were supposed to go to state, but we lost to Central. They were more hungry than us and a lot of our players didn’t play as best as they could, that’s all I’m going to say.”
 7 years ago '04        #6751
booie4 
space
space
The University of Miami football program held its annual awards banquet tonight.

In a surprise, offensive lineman Jason Fox and linebacker Daryl Sharpton shared the Jack Harding Most Valuable Player award.

Here is a list of this year's award winners:

Scout Team Player of the Year - Offense - Spencer Whipple

Scout Team Player of the Year - Defensive - Cory Nelms

Hard Hitter Award - Darryl Sharpton

Special Teams Player of Year - Matt Bosher

Strength Training Athlete of the Year - Allen Bailey

Nick Chickillo Most Improved Player - Sam Shields (D) and Matt Pipho (O)

Walt Kichefski Hurricane Award - Commitment, Consistency, Work Ethic - A.J. Trump

Albert Bentley Most Valuable Walk-On Award - Chris Ivory

U Miami Sports Hall of Fame Unsung Hero Award - Tervaris Johnson

Mariutto Family Scholarship Award for Academic Excellence - Jake Byrne

Plumer Award for Leadership, Motivation and Spirit - Randy Phillips

Melching Leadership Award - Javarris James (O) and Joe Joseph (D)

Jack Harding (MVP) - Jason Fox (O) and Darryl Sharpton (D)

Community Service Man of the Year Award - Ryan Hill and Chavez Grant

Newcomer of the Year Award - Mike James

Training Room Comeback Player of the Year - Dedrick Epps (O) and Colin McCarthy (D)

Hurricane Media "Good Guy" Award - Jacory Harris (O) and Randy Phillips (D)
 7 years ago '04        #6752
booie4 
space
space
Bridgewater Decides Future Position
Dec. 7, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Teddy Bridgewater
For those who have watched star Northwestern junior Teddy Bridgewater play, the main debate revolves around his future position.

Is he a quarterback or is he a wide receiver? Which does he prefer and where does he have more potential?

Even Bridgewater (6-2, 173) himself has waffled back and forth about those questions in the past, but recently he made a decision which he considers definitive.

“Right now, I’m staying at quarterback and I don’t see that changing no time soon,” Bridgewater said. “I hope that doesn’t change anything with recruiting because I was talking to my coach on Friday. We decided, well I decided that quarterback was where I would be. I’m not changing my position for next season or the next level.”

Bridgewater realizes that his junior year is what a lot of schools will base their recruitment of him off of. He’s disappointed that he wasn’t able to win a state title but he’s still able to keep it all in perspective.

“It was a good year for me, I learned a lot but I made a lot of mistakes,” Bridgewater said. “Therefore, it was a good year because it’s better to make the mistakes now rather than later. I was really coached well this year too and it’s not only about winning state championships. If you look at Peyton Manning, he was very successful before he won his first superbowl. I strive to win a state championship and it’s very important but it’s just not everything.”

Bridgewater had a really big year completing 165 of 262 passes for 2546 yards and 32 touchdowns with 12 interceptions, along with 94 carries for 358 yards and 5 touchdowns.

His season was really a tale of two halves though. The first six games, he completed 53% (89-168) of his passes and threw 10 interceptions. The last six games, he completed over 80% (76-94) of his passes and threw just two interceptions.

“Earlier in the season, I wasn’t dropping back when I got the ball from the center,” Bridgewater said. “Therefore, I was having too much time in the pocket and that messed up the timing with my receivers. When Coach Rolle told me that, that’s when I started dropping back and fixing the timing again. That’s why those interceptions happened.

Bridgewater received his first five offers right around September 1st in Miami, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, and FIU. He has only added Rutgers since that time, but explained why that’s somewhat on him.

“I haven’t done a lot with recruiting because I haven’t really been talking to coaches,” Bridgewater said. “I was more focused on my season but now that it’s over, I can focus more on college. I don’t expect too much from college coaches when I talk to them because I just want know they’re going to be there all four years with me.”

Bridgewater said that Miami had a great season in 2009, and he was most impressed with how they spread the ball around instead of relying on one player to carry the team.

“Well Miami had a great season and it was a big turnaround so I like what I saw,” Bridgewater said. “What stood out to me was that they used a lot of different players. They didn’t have just one impact player or like last season, they depended on such and such player. This year they depended on the whole team and Coach Whipple did a lot with Jacory (Harris).”

Bridgewater maintains that he has “no favorites or top schools” at this point in time and Miami stands the same chance with him as any other college that is recruiting him.
 7 years ago '05        #6753
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ne one going to the bowl game....kinda pissed about the bowl game were playing but lovin that its in orlando and i can make the trip easily
 7 years ago '04        #6754
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 Deeangoe said:
ne one going to the bowl game....kinda pissed about the bowl game were playing but lovin that its in orlando and i can make the trip easily
im thinking about it

anyone know how much r the tickets?
 7 years ago '04        #6755
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
chase ford (6'6 240 lbs TE from Texas) committed today

Last edited by madness; 12-08-2009 at 04:33 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #6756
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
TE Ford Commits to UM
Dec. 8, 2009

Chase Ford.
It wasn’t too long ago that Miami became the first school to offer tight end Chase Ford from Kilgore junior college in Kilgore, Texas.

Cane fans became a little worried when Ford received another offer from Arizona and set up an official visit to Tucson during the middle of last week.

Ironically, it was that very visit to Arizona that convinced Ford (6-6, 245) that Miami was where he wanted to spend the next two or three years.

“Well when I went on my visit to Arizona, I liked it but when I got back, I was still thinking that I wanted to go to Miami,” Ford said. “The whole time I was on my visit, I wasn’t thinking about Arizona because I was thinking about Miami.”

Ford, who caught 34 passes for 571 yards and three touchdowns en route to being named Southwest Junior College Football Conference's Most Valuable Player, explained that there were a lot of different positive factors that played into him being high enough on Miami that he was ready to make his decision.

“First off, Coach McGriff is a pretty cool cat and he was there for my best interests but also the team’s best interests,” Ford said. “Miami has a lot of tradition there and they’ve sent all those tight ends to the league. Of course I have a good shot to come in and start next year.”

Ford made his commitment to Coach Shannon and Coach McGriff when they visited him at home last night.

“It was pretty fun but I really didn’t get to talk to Coach Shannon because my family was talking to him the whole time,” Ford said. “Coach McGriff was just talking about me getting prepared to go down there this weekend. He wants me to come down there to have fun and help them win a national championship.”

Ford was already scheduled to take his official visit to Miami this weekend, as he’ll be graduating early to arrive at Miami in January.

“I just really want to see if the campus is nice and I’ve never been to Miami before,” Ford said. “I figured it’s going to be cool to go down there and see Miami as a city, well Coral Gables as a city.”

Ford will come in to UM with three years of eligibility to play two seasons.
 7 years ago '04        #6757
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
I'm thinking of making the trip from atlanta, I'll give you a holla a couple of days before the game if i'm going

KiNgJaMeS305 said:
im thinking about it

anyone know how much r the tickets?
I think the mezannine level tix are going from 80-100 a piece
 7 years ago '05        #6758
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
i dunno where my ppls got tickets...but we paid 31.50 each for 7 tickets
 7 years ago '04        #6759
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Top 5 Most Important Recruits
Dec. 9, 2009

By: David Lake

With the final stretch of the recruiting process approaching fast, Miami is looking to sign their biggest remaining uncommitted prospects they are targeting.

Miami can finish with one of the top classes in the country if they successfully close with some of their top uncommitted players that they want.

The following are the five biggest uncommitted targets Miami has a legitimate shot in signing and are players Miami needs to close on to have a successful 2010 class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Christian Jones, Linebacker
School: Winter Park Lake Howell

Jones may have the most upside of any linebacker in the nation for the 2010 class. At 6-feet-4 and 220 pounds, Jones possesses a rare size and speed combination. Even though Jones, who is the son of Willie Jones and brother of Willie Jones Jr., is an FSU legacy he appears to be open to the idea of starting a new legacy at a different school. Jones traveled to Landshark Stadium to watch the Hurricanes beat the Oklahoma Sooners earlier this season and he says he was impressed by the direction of the program and all the young players on UM’s roster. Though Jones will not take an official visit to Miami, he says he will still make the drive down to Miami some time to talk to the coaches and learn more about the program for an unofficial visit. Miami is battling with FSU, USC, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Notre Dame for Jones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Brandon Linder, Offensive Lineman
School: St. Thomas Aquinas

Miami traditionally has trouble bringing in the top quality offensive linemen over the years and if the Hurricanes can sign Linder, that would be a huge step toward solidifying the line for years to come. Linder is a versatile lineman that can play any position across the line. UM offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland has developed a close relationship with Linder since he emerged as a big time target after his tenth grade season. Linder is a big priority for Miami because he is as technically sound a high school lineman can be and he comes from a big time winning program in St. Thomas Aquinas. Miami is in a battle with Florida, Ohio State, and Notre Dame for Linder.

3. Ivan McCartney, Wide Receiver
School: Miramar

McCartney is a perfect fit for the Miami pro-style offense because he can get open on any route at any time. He is arguably the smoothest receiver in the country with getting in and out of his breaks and would excel in Mark Whipple’s offense. Like Michaelee Harris, head coach Randy Shannon has been in close contact with McCartney throughout the recruiting process and made him a high priority. This season McCartney has helped lead Miramar to the state semifinals and has totaled 607 yards and seven touchdowns on 32 receptions. McCartney admits to growing up a big fan of the Hurricanes and he says he likely won’t make a decision until signing day. The battle for McCartney will likely come down to Miami and Florida.

4. Corey Lemonier, Defensive End
School: Hialeah

Lemonier is a dominant defensive end and possesses some of the same upside Hurricanes fans saw from true freshman Olivier Vernon this season. When Lemonier plays with a high motor, he can take over a game because of his great combination of size, speed, and strength. Lemonier is the best player in Dade County for the 2010 class and also has the most upside of any player the county. Miami a.ssistant Wesley McGriff paid Lemonier a visit just last week at his school. Look for UM to turn the heat up on Lemonier as the recruiting period heads down the final stretch. Miami is battling Illinois, Florida State, Tennessee, Florida, and Auburn for Lemonier.

5. Michaelee Harris, Wide Receiver
School: Northwestern

Miami needs receivers in the 2010 class to keep the balance going with the receivers they have on the roster after not signing one at the position last year. Harris established himself as Northwestern’s best receiver this season, leading the Bulls 677 yards and seven touchdowns on 49 receptions. At 6-feet and 180 pounds, Harris is a receiver that runs very precise routes and has great quickness. Harris, who has been clocked at a 4.59 in the 40, showed some progression with his speed as the season progressed. Harris is such a priority for the Hurricanes that he is in regular contact with head coach Randy Shannon and he says Miami is the school that is showing him the most interest. Miami is battling Ole Miss, West Virginia, Nebraska, and UCF for Harris.
 7 years ago '04        #6760
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Clements Will Enroll Early
Dec. 9, 2009

Eduardo Clements played in a muddy game against k!llian earlier this season.
Miami’s first big recruiting weekend of the 2010 class begins this Friday, as numerous prospects will be in Coral Gables for official visits.

It makes sense that Booker T. Washington running back and Cane commit Eduardo Clements would head to campus just to hang out because he lives so close, but he’ll be doing more than just meeting other recruits.

“My official visit is this weekend and I’m graduating early,” Clements said. “I decided about graduating early like three weeks ago and we got the paperwork done so I’ll be at Miami in January. I’ll be doing a lot of my own recruiting most definitely when I’m down there this weekend.

"Lamarcus Joyner, he’s not visiting this weekend, but we’ve been talking for awhile all throughout the recruiting process. We always talked about Florida State when I had not made my decision. He said that wherever I go, he’d have a 50 or 70 percent chance that he would follow me. I’ve really been talking to him a lot and just trying to get him to Miami.”

Clements is very excited about the documentary titled ‘The U’ which premiers on ESPN on Saturday night at 9:00 pm. He has been teased about it at school, but hopes that all the official visitors will sit down this weekend and watch it as a group.

“I get in trouble at school because I have on my Miami shirts and hats,” Clements said. “I tell Quinton (Dunbar) and Lynden (Trail) about the movie. They said that it’s going to be on for two weeks and then it’s going to go off and not get shown again. I can’t wait to see how the players on the team motivated each other and how they pushed each other to the limit. On the commercial, I saw the man say ‘If you don’t want to see us celebrate, don’t let us get in the endzone.’ That was my favorite part of what I’ve seen so far. I don’t know if we’re going to watch that on our visits this weekend but I hope they put that together. For guys who have not made that decision or who will make their decision when they’re down there, I think they’ll get a good opportunity to see what Miami is about, how they came about, and what it took to be a national championship team.”

Clements (5-11, 182) thinks Miami’s 9-3 record this year marks the turning point for the program. He added that this season convinced him of his decision to be a Cane, and he saw Damien Berry help lead that charge.
“I feel like the season went great and I think there was a lot of injuries that really hurt them in the long run,” Clements said. “Some people got tired, some people got winded, and we was weak at certain positions. Overall, the season went great to me and that’s what changed my mind about going to Miami. The offense and the things they did with their running backs this year, they really turned the whole program around. Just like teams have their ups and downs, I think Miami is back on their up years.”

“One player that stood out to me was Damien Berry, and I had never heard about him until this year. He’s the type of back that when he has his chance, he’s going to do what he has to do. That was something that stood out to me because he was a guy who stepped up when he got an opportunity.”

With the returning backs like Berry and company, combined with Clements and the other incoming freshman, he took a look into his crystal ball to talk about Miami’s situation at running back in 2010.

“I mean it’s going to look crazy with me, Storm (Johnson), (Damien) Berry, Mike James, and (Lamar) Miller,” Clements laughed. “With all of us in the backfield, that’s a real backfield with a lot of talent. A lot of teams are going to have to get ready for that and all the backs that we’ll have next year can do different things.”

Clements had a productive year in his own right considering he missed 4 of his team’s 12 games due to an MCL injury he sustained against Northwestern. He finished with 100 carries for 694 yards and 9 touchdowns, with 12 catches for 151 yards and 1 touchdown.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy