Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #6701
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
yessir need to cop a new gameday fit for the usf game sat...driving up for it

btw who was the genius to tag us...u suck at the bottom
 7 years ago '07        #6702
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
will be at the usf game

sucks its at 330 tho

ill be loose by 130
 11-23-2009, 07:41 AM         #6703
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Just picked me up one of these :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '07        #6704
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
they have that in black??
 7 years ago '08        #6705
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
no highlights?
 11-23-2009, 11:40 AM         #6706
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
they have that in black??
I don't think so.. could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they just come in white.
 7 years ago '04        #6707
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 The Lefty said:

[pic - click to view]

Just picked me up one of these :dancingcool:
That s**t's fire

I was thinking of copping a shirt but I'm gonna wait and get the J12 nike combat jersey instead when they get it back in stock :agreement6:
 11-24-2009, 10:36 PM         #6708
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Battle lines drawn Miami commit LB Kevin Nelson

It might be four years away, but Kevin Nelson already has September 7, 2013 circled on his calendar.

That's the next time the University of Miami is scheduled to play the University of Florida.

"I can't wait to play them suckers, for real," Nelson said. "I know it's a long time from now. I just can't wait 'till we play these suckers. They are just disrespectful."

U gotta check this out
For complete coverage of all things Miami, from recruiting to the Hurricane's football and basketball teams and much more, check out ESPN affiliate InsideTheU.com every day. InsideTheU.com
Nelson, a star linebacker at Gainesville High School who is having a monster season with 150 tackles, seven sacks, six forced fumbles, and two interceptions, is a verbal commitment to Miami and apparently that has bothered people at UF, which has offered him a scholarship.

Nelson, the third-ranked inside linebacker by ESPN, attended Saturday's game at Florida against FIU as an unofficial visitor, a common decision amongst recruits with offers from their hometown school, but was told he was not welcome in the locker room like the rest of the recruits.

"I can't get down to Miami all the time because I'm not financially able to, so I went to see a game at Florida because there's nothing else to do," Nelson explained. "After the game, Brandon Spikes was talking to me and told me to come in the locker room because he wanted to give me some gloves. But then a guy that works at UF told me I wasn't allowed to come in. I told them who I was, that I have a scholarship offer from them, and I live five miles from the school. He told me that I had to turn around and wait.

"Then I saw the guy from Fleming Island, a big dude (Ian Silberman) who is committed to them. He's walking into the locker room with his boys and I am outside waiting to talk to my friends. It was very disrespectful. I'm never showing my face around here again."

Nelson also noted that some of the Gator Girls, who work for UF and handle recruits on gamedays, gave him a hard time when he was there. But he did say he has a good relationship with Spikes and some of the other players.

"Spikes, that's my boy. Spikes is cool. My cousin played there and one of my old teammates Earl Okine. People told me to come in and holler at them. I think it's because I committed to the University of Miami. But throw all that out the window, you just don't treat people like that. They are two-faced."

This is the second incident with UF that has had Nelson fuming. Another incident was with an a.ssistant coach.

"The coaches are just disrespectful," Nelson said.

Nelson verbally committed to Miami in the summer, which surprised people at Florida and within the community.

"People wonder why I didn't commit to the University of Florida. Exactly. They are disrespectful. They didn't really want me. They only wanted me because LSU offered me. They are grimy and two-faced."

The offer from Florida came in during the spring, a month after LSU offered, which is something he was not happy with.

"It takes you six months to a year to recognize a talent here," Nelson said. "You have talent right in front of your school, but you go across the nation to get guys."

Nelson and teammate Devont'a Davis, also a UM commit, helped lead the squad to a 17-0 win over Hudson last week in the first round of the Class 4A state playoffs. Nelson had a 1-yard touchdown run and the duo helped the defense hold Lakewood to 77 yards rushing.

Gainesville travels to Tarpon Springs on Friday as 16 teams are still alive.

"I want to keep playing and get to Orlando to have Coach Barrow and Coach Shannon see me play live," Nelson said
 7 years ago '05        #6709
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 Dchis said:
Battle lines drawn Miami commit LB Kevin Nelson

It might be four years away, but Kevin Nelson already has September 7, 2013 circled on his calendar.

That's the next time the University of Miami is scheduled to play the University of Florida.

"I can't wait to play them suckers, for real," Nelson said. "I know it's a long time from now. I just can't wait 'till we play these suckers. They are just disrespectful."

:agreement6::applause:

f**k yea thats the type of players we need
 7 years ago '07        #6710
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
i f**kin love it

:dancingcool: @ them stats

he gettin it in
 11-25-2009, 08:08 AM         #6711
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
University of Miami fans won't be seeing any more football games against Florida after their final scheduled meeting in four years. But Canes fans will see plenty of UM-South Florida, and not everyone inside UM is happy about that.

On the UF front, UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt said the Gators informed him they have no interest in playing again after their one remaining scheduled game (2013 at Land Shark Stadium). UF previously expressed willingness to play twice every six years, but changed its mind.

UF athletic director Jeremy Foley said the decision was based on a desire to play seven annual home games. Why can't UF play at UM during a year it plays host to FSU? Foley said that wouldn't work because they would still have four conference road games and the Georgia game in Jacksonville. Hocutt said he's disappointed: ``Miami-Florida is good for college football.''

Meanwhile, with Miami playing USF in Tampa on Saturday -- the first of five consecutive late-November meetings -- there's some sentiment inside UM that playing USF annually isn't the best idea.

The thinking is this: Why add a difficult late-season matchup every year (three of the five will be in Tampa) against a school that is formidable? What if UM goes through a year in national championship contention but has its chances ruined by a nonconference school it doesn't need to play? (Remember, FSU lost at home to USF this season.) And why not schedule seven home games annually instead?

Former UM athletic director Paul Dee said UM and USF planned to play the next three years, but he added two more games because ABC/ESPN wanted another Thanksgiving weekend game.

``They are a worthy opponent in a BCS conference and other teams in our conference play them,'' Dee said. ``Fans can get to the game. There are a lot of positives. When we were a growing program, we wanted people to play us, too.''

Hocutt said he likes ``that your last game is guaranteed in warm weather'' and won't try to escape the contract. But Hocutt also said USF wants to extend the series beyond 2013, and ``I'm not convinced it makes total sense for us.'' Hocutt said he wants to begin scheduling seven home games some years, beginning in 2011 or 2012.

• Because of a Marlins conflict, Hocutt said UM will open next season at home on a Thursday (Sept. 2) against Florida A&M, then play Sept. 11 at Ohio State, and possibly another Thursday (Sept. 23) at Pittsburgh.
 11-25-2009, 08:09 AM         #6712
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson, a junior, is having a career year. He leads UM with 42 catches for 752 yards and five touchdowns. Given that he is eligible to apply for the NFL Draft after this season, Hankerson was asked Tuesday if he has spent much time thinking about his future.

``No, not really,'' he said. ``I'm just committed to helping us get wins around here and keep going until the end of the season.''

And what about next year?

``Next year, I'll be back here playing football,'' he said.

Is he firm with that?

``I'm pretty firm I'll be back here next year playing football,'' he said. ``I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be. I'm just worried about finishing up my career here, finishing up this year, and whatever happens, happens at the end of the season.''

CANES ARE IN THE MIX

The Bowl Championship Series announced that 20 teams remain under consideration to participate in the five games that comprise the BCS.

Included in the list: Miami, Boise State, BYU, Iowa, LSU, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Southern California, Texas Christian and Virginia Tech.

Miami is not expected to be in a BCS bowl. Its biggest possibilities now are the Gator Bowl, at 1 p.m. Jan. 1 in Jacksonville; or the Champs Sports Bowl, at 8 p.m. Dec. 29 in Orlando
 7 years ago '04        #6713
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
pus*y a.ss gators

Ducking a.ss n*ggas they don't wanna see Miami. Too easy hiding behind troy, fiu, charlestonn southern and Braddock senior high

On other things, seems like rusty won't be doing anymore highlights and uploading the games on torrent , so I'm finna make the highlights for us here and the people of scout if in fact he stops making the highlights
 7 years ago '07        #6714
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
@ the gators

they see it to

well we should give em a nice a.sswhippin in 2013 to remember
 11-26-2009, 06:13 AM         #6715
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They could be on the other sideline Saturday, wearing the other uniform, going up against the Bulls on Thanksgiving week for the next four years.

Sam Barrington and Kayvon Webster have shown only glimpses of their promise this season, rarely starting as true freshmen on USF's defense, but they represent a change in mentality among recruits in Florida. The two could have been Hurricanes. They had the scholarship papers waiting to be signed. Instead, they chose to be Bulls.

"Miami has tradition. That might be one thing they have over us," said Barrington, a linebacker from Jacksonville. "But anything else, you can level us out. Bottom line, that's how I feel. That's how it is. They've got some great players, a good coaching staff. One of the main things I kept in mind in the recruiting process was I wanted to be part of a USF that was up and coming."

If Barrington turned heads and dropped a few jaws just days before national signing day when he chose the Bulls over Miami, then Webster was the real shocker: a Miami kid, committed to the Hurricanes, changing his mind that very morning and picking USF.

"Twenty-four hours before the signing day, I was a 'Cane," Webster said. "I had two sets of papers."

USF coach Jim Leavitt thought so much of Webster that when he sat down to address the media on national signing day, his first two words were "Kayvon Webster," making good on a promise he'd made the recruit.

Webster had been a Miami commitment, but with Monsignor Pace teammates Sterling Griffin and Derrick Hopkins committed to USF, he eventually decided to join them, even if it went against the local trend for elite prospects.

"Everybody just expects that you're going to Miami when you're down there. They think you want to go to The U," said Griffin, who committed to USF in the days before signing day. "I have yet to regret it. I love it here. It was the best decision I made."

In limited action, Barrington and Webster have played well. Barrington has 25 tackles without starting a game, and Webster has 24 while starting some games when USF opened in its nickel package. Next year, both are safe bets to be starters and perhaps leaders on what should be a strong defense.

"There's no question (Barrington)'s going to be the next guy," defensive coordinator Joe Tresey said. "We're counting on Sam stepping in next year and taking over."

USF linebackers coach David Blackwell recruited Barrington while he was at Clemson last season and remembers leaving a bowl practice early and taking an expensive chartered private plane to see Barrington, to no avail. When Blackwell took the job at USF, Barrington was the first player he called.

"The day I took the job, I called him. I said, 'I couldn't get you to come to Clemson, so I decided to come to you,' " Blackwell said.

As much as he wanted Barrington out of high school, Blackwell said he has been more impressed with the progress he has shown since August.

"He's come light years. He's very instinctive, but he's learning, and hopefully he has a very, very bright future here if he'll continue to grow and continue to work."

Leavitt said the opportunity to play was something that drew both to USF, but they've earned their way onto the field this fall.

"One reason Kayvon came here was the opportunity to play right away, and it's evident that he is playing," Leavitt said. "It's the same with Sam. Both of them are great players for us and would be, I imagine, for anyone."

Even as freshmen, the two players appreciate the magnitude of a game like Saturday's USF-Miami showdown and what it could mean to their future as Bulls.

"These are the type of games you get that fire in your stomach for," Barrington said. "If you're a real football player, you get that fire every game, but this is an in-state rivalry, bragging rights, everything, recruiting. It's a big deal. It's a real big deal."
 11-26-2009, 06:14 AM         #6716
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At 3-2, the Miami Hurricanes are position to end the season with a winning record on the road for the first time since 2005.

Playing away from home has been a struggle for the Hurricanes, who are just 4-11 as visitors during the span. Although there has been more success this season, those same problems on the road have existed. Here's a brief rundown of their trials throughout the year.

Sept 7 at Florida State: The Hurricanes escaped with a 38-34 victory, but nearly left as losers. Despite the offensive fireworks from quarterback Jacory Harris, the Seminoles rolled up 404 yards and were in position to win late. Receiver Jarmon Forton dropped the winning touchdown in the endzone on the final play.

Sept. 26 at Virginia Tech: A 31-7 defeat in Blacksburg was easily the worst game of the season, the Hurricanes' performance matching the awful weather. A fumble and a blocked punt returned for a touchdown helped the Hokies grab a 21-0 first-half lead. While UM struggled in the rain, Virginia Tech ran for 272 yards.

Oct. 17 at Central Florida: The Hurricanes won 27-7 in a game that was much closer than the score. After falling behind 17-0, the Knights had first-and-goal at the UM 2 and were set to possibly make it a three-point game. The threat ended when linebacker Colin McCarthy intercepted a tipped pass that allowed the Hurricanes to remain in control.

Oct 31 at Wake Forest: Not many teams can say they have won a game despite allowing 555 total yards. The Hurricanes can. In one of the worst defensive performances in school history, they were still able to hang on for a 28-27 win. UM trailed by 17 points and needed a touchdown pass from Harris to Travis Benjamin in the final minute.

Nov. 14 at North Carolina: What didn't go wrong in this one? Harris had the worst game of his career, throwing four interceptions. Two of them were returned for touchdowns. Still, the Hurricanes needed just one stop on defense in the fourth quarter to give Harris a shot to add another comeback to the list. Instead, North Carolina drove the field and kicked the game-sealing field goal.
 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM         #6717
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
USF's offense doesn't appear imposing, according to the numbers. The Bulls rank 53rd in scoring (28 ppg), 61st in total offense (377.4 ypg), 44th in rushing (169.70 ypg) and 71st in passing (207.8 ypg).

But UM cornerback Brandon Harris said the Hurricanes don't look at statistics -- they watch film. And from what they have seen of the Bulls and playmaking quarterback B.J. Daniels, Harris said, USF will provide a formidable challenge because of its big-play ability.

The Bulls have 21 pass plays and 11 runs that have gone for 25 yards or more this season. Most happen, according to Harris, when Daniels, a 6-1, 215-pound redshirt freshman, is on the move.

``We have to cover all day and keep an eye on our man the whole time,'' Harris said. ``All he tries to do is wait for guys to get open. We can't be nosy looking in the backfield.''

The Bulls have five receivers with at least 10 catches each this season.

``All their receivers are great,'' Canes cornerback Demarcus Van Dyke said.

• Canes quarterback Jacory Harris practiced Wednesday and again had heavy tape protecting the thumb on his throwing hand. Left tackle Jason Fox missed practice for an undisclosed reason.
 11-26-2009, 06:24 AM         #6718
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How UM's defense has improved
If Darryl Sharpton's 73-yard interception return for a touchdown last Saturday against Duke felt like a rarity for a defensive player in a Canes uniform, you weren't alone and you weren't wrong.

Sharpton's play was the second defensive score of the season (Marcus Robinson had a fumble return against Clemson) for the Hurricanes, who have become less and less a.ssociated with big plays since Randy Shannon put down the headset as defensive coordinator. Miami's defenses simply haven't been the same. Not only are the days of having elite statistics in run defense, pass defense and scoring defense long past us, but so are the memories of a pass rush, big hit and fumble recovery, or that game-changing interception.

After picking off just four interceptions a year ago, UM has upped its total to seven this year. But the fumble recoveries (9) are still shy of the 11 from a year ago. Worse yet? Sacks. Miami has just 19 -- 12 fewer than it did last year when it tied for the seventh fewest in program history.

So where exactly can you find where the Hurricanes have improved under John Lovett, the program's third coordinator since Shannon moved on? Stopping the run and preventing touchdowns in the red zone.

"I guess if you had to characterize us, we'd be a bend and don't break defense," UM cornerback Brandon harris said. "Big play, create turnovers and sacks and dominate? That's what we want to be, but that's not kind of defense we are right now. The defense right now is based around getting that big play to get momentum on our side, getting off the field on third down and trying to make teams one dimensional, trying not to let them do two things against you."

"You look at our numbers in the red zone. We haven't given up many touchdowns in the red zone. Teams may drive the ball on us, but when it's time to buckle down, we know how to buckle down."

Harris is on the money. A year ago, UM was among the worst in the country in red zone defense (114th total). Of the 43 drives inside UM's 20, opponents scored 18 rushing touchdowns, 12 passing touchdowns and hit 12 field goals. This year's Canes? Much better. Through 11 games, opponents have made 33 drives in the UM red zone. 26 have resulted in scores, but only 6 were rushing TDs and 5 were passing TDs. UM held opponents to 15 field goals, a much better percentage than a year ago (45th total).

"We struggle a little bit as far as getting pressure, getting sacks, and turnovers," linebacker Colin McCarthy said. "But we do a great job of getting off the field in terms of third downs and limiting big plays. We do a good job in terms of moving onto the next play. The bad stuff that happens, we put it behind us. In the Duke game, we gave up the big pass. Then, we forced them to go three and out and held them to a field goal. It just shows the maturity of the team, where we've come."

The Hurricanes are actually on par with what they did a year ago on third down. Opponents are converting 36.17 percent of the time (38th overall). Last year, it was 36.26 percent (36th overall). But where UM is also clearly better on defense is against the run.

Last year, the Canes capped their season by getting scorched on the ground. Georgia Tech, N.C. State and California ran for 908 yards against Miami over the final three games. This season, the Hurricanes -- despite losing Sean Spence and Jordan Futch to injury -- have improved their overall run defense from 75th (151.85 ypg) to 30th (116.09 ypg).

You can credit a healthy Colin McCarthy for having a big hand in that. But while your at it, give some love to Shaprton, who has obviously improved his senior year.

"I think the numbers speak for themselves," McCarthy said. "I think the chemistry between players, the confidence with the guy next to you. I think that's good enough. I think at times last year we were trying to do too much. Guys were out of place. Now, guys are doing what they have to do and we're successful. Coach Lovett deserves a lot of credit for that.

"Turnovers would be nice. You saw with Darryl getting the pick, getting the touchdown. We're doing everything we can to get turnovers. I think as long as we bend, don't break. We may give up some big plays, but as long as we force them to field goals, three-and-outs with the offense we have they'll put up enough points so we don't have to worry about it."

MORE THOUGHTS AND NOTES...

> Got word at tonight's basketball game that left tackle Jason Fox was held out of Wednesday practice for an undisclosed reason. I was told Fox went to the hospital to get checked out, but was released and that he told folks at practice he was "fine." When I asked Shannon about injuries, he said we'd have to wait until the injury report comes out. I guess we'll have to see if Fox shows up on the injury report Thursday night.

> UM quarterback Jacory Harris admitted Tuesday he was "messing with reporters" when he showed up to his postgame press conference wearing a sling. But he was joking about the pain in his thumb. Wednesday, I saw him walking off the field with the thumb still heavily taped.

> If you wondering why Leonard Hankerson is leading UM with 42 catches for 752 yards and why guys like Aldarius Johnson (15 catches, 257 yards) and LaRon Byrd (29 catches, 420 yards) have fallen behind, Harris told us Tuesday Hankerson is the only receiver in on every passing formation. Harris said AJ has taken a good attitude even though he's seen fewer passes come his way. "One thing about Aldarius is he's not a selfish guy," Harris said. "He understands how offenses work, who's going to get what balls on certain plays depending on the read. He's not that type of guy to say why am I not getting the ball. He doesn't point his finger."

> Enjoy your Thanksgiving Turkey tonight and while you're at it think of old Onion (Shannon). He told us Tuesday his plan was to "sleep, hibernate a little bit." When asked if he'd eat Turkey, Shannon said, "Nah, turkey makes me sleepy."
 11-26-2009, 06:26 AM         #6719
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Former University of Miami defensive coordinator Tommy Tuberville once called end Kevin Patrick ``one of the best defensive players in the country. He plays hurt. He's played hurt ever since he's been here.

``They don't come any tougher than Kevin Patrick.''

That was in October 1993, a few days before Patrick and his sixth-ranked Hurricanes humiliated No. 23 Syracuse 49-0 in the Orange Bowl.

Back then, Patrick was a senior All-American out of West Palm Beach Forest Hill High School, playing with a torn rotator cuff. Today, he is the University of South Florida's defensive ends coach, preparing his Bulls (7-3, 3-3 Big East) to play No. 19 Miami (8-3, 5-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) on Saturday at Tampa's Raymond James Stadium.

Along with more than 20 players from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties on USF's rosters, Patrick is one of several USF coaches connected to UM through coaching or playing stints.

Patrick, 38, played with current UM defensive a.ssistant Micheal Barrow, and he was coached by current UM coach Randy Shannon when Shannon was a graduate a.ssistant and then a defensive line a.ssistant.

Also, UM defensive coordinator John Lovett coached with USF co-defensive coordinator David Blackwell at Clemson, and UM receivers coach Aubrey Hill coached with USF running backs coach Carl Franks at Duke and Florida.

``It's a great opportunity, and I look forward to playing against them,'' Patrick said. ``I'm a Bull through and through now, and this is where my life is. But anytime you play against people you grew up with, that's exciting.

``That's a part of my life I'll always cherish. Those memories and experiences have brought me to where I am today.''

Said Shannon: ``Kevin is a very fiery, competitive guy. He brings lots of charisma and excitement to the game.''

Patrick said he met USF coach Jim Leavitt when Leavitt was an a.ssistant at Kansas State and visited UM to confer with Canes coaches.

``He came out and ran with the defensive line,'' Patrick said. ``He loved our work ethic. Years later, when he took over the USF job, we had a chance to speak, and that's how I came to be here.''

Leavitt has his own UM connection: UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt.

Hocutt was coached by Leavitt, his position coach for five years when he played linebacker at Kansas State.

``I'm very close to Kirby,'' Leavitt said. ``He was a tremendous player for us when we were building that program at Kansas State. We have a very special bond.''

Hocutt said he was especially looking forward to the reunion.

``You won't find anybody who works harder, is more dedicated or more passionate about the game of football than Coach Leavitt,'' Hocutt said. ``He maximized our talent and all the ability he had to coach.

``Connections are something that make college football so special. It's a small world, and you can find crossovers almost ever weekend. It's always fun to talk about the old days.''
 11-26-2009, 06:28 AM         #6720
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2011 QB Who Likes Miami

Curtric Evans had heard the stories about just how hard and how far Jerrard Randall could throw a football. At times, they sounded like tall tales.

``People were telling me he could throw it the length of the field and that he threw the ball so hard he was breaking receiver's shoulder pads because they were afraid to use their hands,'' Evans said.

``I didn't believe it until I got to Chaminade. I've been playing football from the time I was 4 years old and I had never used gloves before I played catch with Jerrard. I do now. He can throw that ball hard.''

Randall, a 6-2 , 195-pound junior with a rocket right arm, can do more than just fling it. Just ask five-time Class 2B state champion Pahokee, which was victimized by Randall (who ran for 230 yards and four touchdowns on 12 carries) in a 35-0 first-round playoff loss Friday.

As the leader of the undefeated Lions (11-0), Randall has proven to be as dangerous a dual-threat quarterback as there is in the country. And he's only part of the reason why Chaminade -- a program that went 2-8 a season ago when Randall was sitting on the bench at Miami Norland -- has suddenly become a serious state championship contender.

``Nobody expected us to beat Pahokee -- especially the way we did it,'' said Evans, who leads the Lions in receiving with 22 catches for 459 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Randall's physical gifts ``are off the charts.'' According to coach Tim Tyrell, Randall was timed running the 40-yard dash during spring football in 4.3 seconds. Tyrell said Randall benches 355 pounds and claims to have seen him complete a pass earlier this season to sophomore receiver Fred McRae ``72 yards down field in stride.''

This season, as a full-time starting quarterback, Randall has completed 64 of his 124 attempts for 1,261 yards, 15 touchdowns and five interceptions. On the ground, he's tallied 674 yards and 15 touchdowns on 69 rushes.

``He's a horse,'' Tyrell said. ``He's only played a half in six games. He should be a 1,000 yard rusher and 2,000 yard passer.''

Before he arrived at Chaminade last January, Randall was closer to a wild child than a budding 2011 national recruit. At times, he simply didn't know how to put touch on his passes or put the clamps down on his attitude.

``To me the biggest improvement he's made is off the field,'' Evans said. ``He used to be a little hot-headed, wouldn't listen to people because he thought he was too talented, too fast and strong. Now, he outworks all of us.

``Between our old quarterbacks coach and [offensive coordinator Matt] Saunders, he's learned to be more calm, cool, collected. Jerrard is hungry. He wants to get better.''

Randall, who said he's a fan of the hometown Miami Hurricanes, has naturally received dozens of college offers already. Tyrell, however, is not letting him see any of them until after the season.

Randall is hoping that isn't until after the weekend of Dec. 12 when the Class 2B state championship game is played in Orlando. But first, the Lions must cross two more hurdles, including winning at North Broward Prep (9-2) at 7:30 p.m. Friday.

``I just want our team to play up to our full potential,'' said Randall, who played with a separated shoulder last week against Pahokee.

``I feel like our whole team is finally coming together. Now, it's time for us to put together a complete game.''
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
176 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kobe A.D. ID (my colorway) Your thoughts......
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy