Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Eminem getting destroyed on Twitter for terrible SNL performance last night
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Tracee Eliss ROSS American music awards ass!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nov 19 - Arabs in Libya enslaving Africans and selling them to Arab countries
58 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y’all remember Chyna Whyte?
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6621
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
thank goodness for the world cup.... it has made me sort of forget about football season otherwise i would be going f**king nuts right about now :guns:
 7 years ago '05        #6622
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
 Cap Peeler said:
thank goodness for the world cup.... it has made me sort of forget about football season otherwise i would be going f**king nuts right about now :guns:
damn i cant stand soccer...havent seen a minute of it my entire life and i plan to keep it that way...however it does give me a perfect ice breaker for these spanish chicks in my class
 7 years ago '05        #6623
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Release Date Announced for "The U" DVD
Jun/15/10 07:54 PM Filed in: The U
When Dave and Billy began editing The U in Spring 2009, they knew it would be a monumental task to sandwich 20 years of football history into a 90 minute documentary. Compromises would have to be made.

Like we do with all our projects, the film was storyboarded and a.ssembled in scenes. Then the scenes get laid out together, transitions are massaged, refinements are made, and ultimately entire scenes get cut.

Scenes get cut for a variety of reasons: repetitiveness, length, deviation from pushing the story forward, etc. One of my favorite scenes that didn't make the final cut was the QB competition between Kosar and Testaverde in 1983, but there simply wasn't enough time for it.
So when The U dvd comes out August 17th, it will include a dozen deleted scenes:

The Locker Room
Schnellenberger's Pipe
QB Contest
Joe Namath 1984 Orange Bowl
Michael Irvin in the Cafeteria
Locker Room Speech
Tim Brown 1987
Discipline & Education
Tad Foote at the White House
Lamar and Irvin on the Phone
Ibis Arrest
Depth & Competition

We're also including all the player intros and three additional featurettes:
the World Premiere at the Lyric Theater Miami City Hall screening Randal Hill's Q&A from the University of Miami campus screening

On top of that, we cut an additional six scenes that didn't make it as bonus features on the DVD. Starting next Tuesday and every Tuesday until the release on August 17th, we'll be posting those scenes on rakontur.com and on The U Facebook fan page.
 7 years ago '05        #6624
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CFN Miami preview

miami offense

defense

:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #6625
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Teddy Bridgewater's commitment to Miami Hurricanes shows program is on the rise

Northwestern QB Teddy Bridgewater outruns a Carol City defender during the first half Friday, Sept. 4, 2009 at Traz Powell Stadium.
DAVID ADAME / FREELANCER
Photo

BY LARRY BLUSTEIN

The defining moment came just three weeks ago during a spring game against Jackson at Traz Powell Stadium.

As University of Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple stood in the end zone with fellow college coaches, including defensive back coach Wesley McGriff, his eyes began to wander, looking around at the building crowd on a rainy evening. He was also there to see one of the top prospects in the nation.

As Northwestern came out of one end of the lockerroom, everyone, including the some 20 coaches on hand from various colleges and universities, were fixed on Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater is used to the attention after leading his team to the 6A state title game as a sophomore as well as guiding the Bulls to the national 7-on-7 title in Oregon last summer.

In a spring game that watched him throw an early interception, Bridgewater indeed showed why he is still regarded as one of the best in the nation, riddling the Generals in the second half of a game that showcased the Bulls as a contender once again. He also sent a message to those who questioned his intentions of playing quarterback.

While nobody ever questioned Bridgewater's athletic ability or knack of making something from absolutely nothing, there was concern, from several college coaches, who felt that he lacked total leadership at the position.

Even before his game against Jackson, a number of college coaches were talking about his pending move to receiver at the next level. As they talked, he ran for first downs, picked up valuable yardage and spotted his receivers. As they plotted to use him as a possession receiver at the next level, he threw for touchdowns, one to close friend and teammate, Eli Rogers.

As coaches and fans spoke about his value to a team at safety or receiver, Bridgewater continued to show why he is a difference maker, someone you build teams around.

While the game against Jackson doesn't count or have a bearing on the upcoming season, it did give athletes such as Bridgewater, that final look before the summer. It also gave coaches, such as Whipple to answer any questions he and the Hurricanes had.

It also provided an opportunity for Bridgewater to silence more critics as he huddled with his receivers to plan strategy, went over plays with the offensive coordinator and provided enough leadership for Miami to land the best quarterback prospect in the state.

When Bridgewater committed to attend the University of Miami on June 4, along with Rogers, he gave his vote of confidence that the Hurricanes are on the way up, and he will be a major reason why.
 7 years ago '07        #6626
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,496 | Props total: 1129 1129
i hope so

we shoulda never fell off

f**k you coker....took our program into the dirt

its bout time we turned it around

06-17-2010, 09:46 AM         #6627
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Major disappointment if we lose O'Leary to Bama.

O’Leary Paying Attention to QB Situations
June 17, 2010

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Extremely skilled and extremely tough.

That’s the best way to describe Nick O’Leary.

Sounds a lot like his favorite tight end, Jeremy Shockey.

O’Leary, a 6-foot-4 tight end from Dwyer, who is up to 235 pounds, 15 more since the state title game, draws a lot of comparisons to the former Hurricane All-American and recent New Orleans Saints Super Bowl champion.

“He’s physical, kind of plays dirty every once in a while, and I like his attitude,” said O’Leary, who dominated Dwyer’s spring game with 10 catches, 142 yards, two touchdowns and along with eight tackles and two sacks.

O’Leary could follow Shockey’s footsteps to the ‘U’ as he’s considering the school in Coral Gables, which recently picked up a verbal commitment from quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

“I was talking to him about (his commitment),” O’Leary said. “He was texting me and just telling me how much he loves it, how it is, and all of that. I’m probably going to take a visit there and probably meet up with him and see what he’s thinking about.”

O’Leary will be paying close attention to the quarterback situation of the schools recruiting him.

“I’m looking at that and trying to find where the good quarterbacks are,” he said. “Alabama has a good young quarterback, Miami’s Jacory Harris is good and with Teddy Bridgewater coming in, he’s going to be a good player. And I want to see where (teammate) Jacoby (Brissett) is going too.”

Alabama has been pushing hard for O’Leary, who recently visited Tuscaloosa with Brissett and teammate Curt Maggitt.

During the Heath Evans 7-on-7 tournament, O’Leary was wearing an Alabama hat on the sidelines during games when he wasn’t in and after the games.

“I liked it a lot,” he said of his visit. “Nick Saban was a really nice guy. It was fun up there.”

O’Leary said he could sense the excitement around the program, which is coming off a national championship season. He also said there was something he learned about Alabama that he didn’t know before the visit.

“They showed me how much they really used the tight ends,” O’Leary said. “I didn’t really know. Sometimes they have three tight ends, which shows how much they use it.”

He’ll be taking a visit to Wisconsin on June 20 with his two teammates.

“I’m looking forward to it,” O’Leary said.

Dwyer lost in the semi-finals of the 16-team tournament, but O’Leary shined and put on arguably the best performance of any player at the event as he scored a number of touchdowns and was nearly impossible to contain in 1-on-1 situations.

“(Seven-on-sevens) help you and not just bulrush people,” he said. “You’ve got to use your hands and be skilled with it. It helps me with my routes and getting open.”

O’Leary recently finished up his lacrosse season falling to Benjamin in the state semi-finals. To make it worse, O’Leary used to go to Benjamin and his cousin is on the team.

He finished his junior season leading the team in receptions with 43 and receiving yards, 679. His seven receiving touchdowns were second as Dwyer won the Class 4A state championship
 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM         #6628
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RB Savon Huggins: UM wants me bad
June 17, 2010

Running back Savon Huggins from St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City, New Jersey, had been confused at the lack of interest coming from Miami since around signing day.

Huggins (5-11, 190) is now singing a different tune, because Miami has been singing a different tune to the Under Armour All-American.

“Actually I talked to Coach Stoutland last night and we had a good conversation,” Huggins said. “We were just catching up on stuff and he wants me to come down for a visit again. We’re keeping in touch some more now and everything is good again.”

Huggins was visited twice by Miami during the spring evaluation period and they let him know that he is their number one target at the running back position.

“They came by twice, Coach Stoutland came the first time and the defensive backs coach (Coach McGriff) came the second time,” Huggins said. “They said they want me bad and I’m the number one back on their board. They’re going to wait for me until the end, regardless of who commits. They said I could be a difference maker for their program.”

The break Miami took in recruiting Huggins may have damaged their chances to land the talented ball carrier in the long run.

“Wherever my heart is, that’s where I’m going to go,” Huggins said. “If I go there again for a visit and I feel like that’s where I should be, then that’s where I will be. It does factor in a little bit though because the whole thing was kind of sketchy to me. Coach Stoutland explained the reason behind everything so I respect him for that and I take it for what it is.”

What was the reason that Miami was slowed in their pursuit of Huggins?

“Back in the 90s, they got in a lot of trouble so the people in the office are very strict about the emails and the calls,” Huggins said. “Their phones get checked almost every day so he said it’s been kind of hard to stay in contact with me. They try to email me as much as they can and it’s been hard for them because of the NCAA. Coach Stoutland emailed me a couple days ago and I gave him a call last night like I said.”

An unofficial visit to Miami this summer, which would be his second trip to Coral Gables, is up in the air at this point. Florida, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame are certainly on his summer schedule of destinations.

“(Urban) Meyer, (Greg) Schiano, the whole Pittsburgh coaching staff, North Carolina, and Stanford as well,” Huggins said of the schools doing the best job recruiting him. “In about a couple weeks, I’m going to get down to ten or eleven schools. Rutgers is the only school that I know will be in there so we’ll see about the rest. I want to commit on signing day but if I feel my heart is somewhere, I might pull the trigger before that. Who knows, I couldn’t tell you what’s going to happen right now.”

Huggins finished his junior season with 211 carries for 1544 yards and 22 touchdowns to go with 14 catches for 79 yards and 1 touchdown.
 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM         #6629
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miramar cornerback Tracey Howard is one of the top prospects in the 2012 class. The 5-foot-10, 160-pound cover corner had a strong month of May during spring ball garnering early attention from several schools.
“The schools that came, West Virginia, Florida, UM (Miami), Marshall, Kentucky, there was a bunch, LSU,” said Howard.

Was Howard’s play this spring impressive enough to land verbal offers?

“Yes from Marshall, West Virginia and UM,” said Howard of the schools to extend verbal offers to the rising junior.

This past weekend, Howard’s talents were put on display at highly competitive Heath Evans 7-on-7 tournament. The biggest test, literally, for Howard on the day was when he faced 6-foot-6 2011 wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin of Glades Central.

“Going against KB it was a challenge you know,” said Howard. “I came to play, I played my heart out and did the best I could do. Overall, we did a good job sticking him, but there were a couple breakdowns in coverage. It was a challenge and I came to play.”

Moving forward with the summer, Howard would like to improve his size, working towards finishing the fall season with plenty of interceptions to his name.

“I want to get better. I want to get bigger, stronger, and faster. I want to hit the weight room more. I want to lead Broward and Dade in picks, and I want to be the top rated cornerback to ever come out of my high school.”

When asked why separates him from other cornerbacks, Howard was not bashful about his play on the field.

“I think I have more confidence than any other corner. I feel that I can lock anybody down. I have more confidence and I’m quicker. I break on the ball better and I’ve played receiver before so I have my hands.”

Howard and his teammates will be participating in the Dolphin 7-on-7 this Saturday.
 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM         #6630
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Booker T. Washington’s physical corner Amos Leggett is one of the top players in the 2012 class. The 5-foot-11, 175-pounder registered 6 interceptions as a sophomore, and just wrapped up a strong month of spring practices. All of which has cause college coaches to begin buzzing around Leggett early in the process.

“It’s good to have that many schools looking at you in the 10th grade,” said Leggett. “Just waiting for September 1st, but I got a lot of verbal offers. Ole Miss, Florida State, UM, South Carolina, North Carolina, and that’s about it.”
Leggett continued his strong play in the spring by kicking his summer off with a good showing at the Heath Evans 7-on-7. It’s the first of several stops Leggett plans to make this summer.

“”The UM camp looking forward to going to that one, Florida State, and I think Georgia,” said Leggett on his possible summer tour.

It would be easy for a player with Leggett’s amount of success and attention from colleges this early in his career to sit back and coast. Don’t expect Leggett to rest on his laurels. He is looking to put last season behind him and move forward with an even better fall as a junior.

“First step, I’m trying to forget about last season,” explained Leggett. “Last season was last season, and I got to make another name for myself this season. I just got to work hard and have a better season.”

Leggett went on to talk about himself as a player. What he believes are his strengths and weaknesses at the cornerback position.

“My strengths are playing on the line, jamming, being physical, but I got weaknesses too I got to work on. My speed, playing off, and that’s pretty much it.”
 06-17-2010, 09:49 AM         #6631
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM in Pursuit of 4 star OL Antonio Richardson
June 17, 2010

Offensive lineman Antonio Richardson from the Ensworth School in Nashville, Tennessee, is the top overall prospect in the Volunteer State.

Miami recently got involved with Richardson (6-6, 310) when they extended him an official scholarship offer to gauge his level of interest.

“They offered me about three weeks ago,” Richardson said. “I wasn’t surprised because they had been corresponding through mail for awhile. They had been talking to me before because I’m getting a lot of offers. They wanted to see if I was interested before they offered just to make sure I really wanted that offer. I told them I was interested and I really am interested in the University of Miami. I wasn’t surprised, but I was still grateful for them to offer.”

Richardson has mostly been in touch with Coach Stoutland, who filled in the big man on most of the typical questions about Miami.

“I talked to the offensive line coach, Coach Stoutland,” Richardson said. “He filled me in on the numbers about the school, like how many students they have, and how good of an educating that I’ll get. He talked about the location of Miami and he said a lot of great things about the program.”

Richardson saw Miami play Florida State last season but interestingly enough, he also saw the Canes spring game which gave him a look at the offensive line.

“I watched them play Florida State, maybe Clemson, but I watched their spring game from this year,” Richardson said. “I was pretty impressed by the team and they’re looking pretty good right now. The offensive line looked great but they said they need some tackles. The line looked solid to me and I think they’ll do a good job this year.”

Richardson has reached 24 to 26 offers including most of the SEC and ACC powers, but he is completely open in his recruitment right now. He added that he will stay open until at least some point during the season.

Richardson briefly touched on his plans for the summer, as well as the fact that a trip to Coral Gables will likely have to be an official visit.

“We might take some visits over this summer,” Richardson said. “We just went to a camp at Tennessee to mess around but it’s so easy because it’s close. I’m really busy with classes and football but I believe I’ll take a lot more visits in the fall. Yes sir, if I get to Miami, that probably would be as an official visit.”

Richardson said that he sees so much in common between all the schools he is considering, so he is focused more on the people at each school.

“One thing that I’ve learned on some visits is that every division one school that’s really good, like SEC and ACC schools will have good academic support,” Richardson said. “What matters to me are the people because everybody has all the good facilities. It comes down to the people like my position coach, my strength coach, and my head coach because you’re with them more than anybody. Like I said, the people I feel really comfortable with will play the biggest factor.”
 06-18-2010, 12:11 AM         #6632
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
O’Leary’s favoring four

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee had Nick O'leary on their campus last week and two of those schools are in his top four. Get the latest on this five-star tight end here.
Last week, Nick O’Leary and his teammates Curt Maggitt and Jacoby Brissett visited four schools. They visited North Carolina first, then headed to Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.
The 6-foot-4, 240 pound tight end out of Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer shares what stood out most about each visit here:

North Carolina: “I like Butch Davis a lot, I think the coaches are cool, it is a nice place to play, and I had a good time up there.”

Tennessee: “It was fun; they had a lot for us to do there and I liked Coach Dooley too.”

Georgia: “Georgia is a really nice place, they have a lot of construction going on up there updating things, so that is nice, and I think Mark Richt is a very nice guy.”

Alabama: “I like the Alabama offense a lot; sometimes they have two tight ends and sometimes they have three, so I really like their offense. I like Nick Saban a lot too.”

Two of those schools are now in his top four. Over 20 schools have offered this elite tight end, but four currently stand out above the rest.

“Alabama is way up there and they have been there from the beginning. Alabama, Miami, Florida State, and North Carolina are my top four.”

He talked about the Crimson Tide and Tar Heels above and he likes the way Miami uses their tight ends and how close they are to home, but what about FSU stands out to O’Leary?

“I think Jimbo Fisher is going to use the tight end more, work them into the offense more than FSU used to, and I just think he is going to be a very good head coach,” he explained.

Working the tight end into the offense is something O’Leary is really looking at when evaluating his schools. He said, “I want to find the perfect fit for me as a tight end. I want a school that moves their tight ends around, that keeps them involved, and that knows how to use them.”

O’Leary plans to take all five of his official visits before he makes his decision.
 06-18-2010, 12:12 AM         #6633
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4-star DE enjoyed Miami visit

Anthony Chickillo is one of the top defensive end prospects in all of Florida and the Tampa (Alonso) standout took in Miami this past weekend. Read on to see what he's saying about that, the recruiting process, and more.

Anthony Chikillo has become a national recruit. His offer sheet will match up with just about any other player at his position. This past weekend, he took a visit to Miami -- where his father once played.
"I was watching a little bit of the camp and talking with the coaches," Chickillo said. "It was a good experience and my family was talking with the coaches, seeing everyone again was real good."

Chickillo said he didn't just talk to one or two of the coaches. It was all of them.

"I talked to the whole coaching staff," he said. "I like all the coaches; I got to know them all a little better, an dmy family is starting to as well."

Chickillo, 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, said he hasn't really started to narrow down his list yet but one school still jumps out to him.

"I don’t have five schools or anything like that," he said. "Miami is at the top. I just feel real comfortable with the coaches, real comfortable when I go down there. It’s a good feeling for me."

Next up for the standout defensive end prospect could be a trip to Gainesville.

"I think I might get up to Florida and do some camps," he said. "I am not sure though yet."

Chickillo knows what he's looking for in a school as well.

"I wanna have a good relationship with the position coach and it's gonna be important on just how it feels," he said.
 7 years ago '05        #6634
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
props
 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM         #6635
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brandon Fulse:UM high On My List

Fort Meade (FL) High School TE/DE Brandon Fulse lists 25 scholarship offers, including Miami, but he's still in the early stages of narrowing things down.

"I've got it to 15, and I'll try to get to all 15 of those schools this summer," Fulse said. "A lot of them are in the south - I'm going to try and visit all the Florida schools, will try to stay in the south area like Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas. And if I can I'll head out west to Oregon."

He says Miami remains "definitely in it."

"I talked to Miami coaches - coach (Rick) Petri and coach (Joe) Pannunzio," Fulse said. "They were just saying they want me to come there."

If the Canes want to land Fulse, they'll have to beat out Auburn, where he took a visit recently and left impressed.

"I wouldn't say they're No. 1 on my list, but I like them a lot and they're high on my list," he said of Auburn.

Of where Miami fits in, Fulse said, "I don't have a leader or an order, but they're high on my list, too."

Fulse says he will narrow things to a top 10 after the summer.

"I'll have visited places and seen what I liked," he said. "I'll get it to 10, then eight and seven and go from there."

Fulse says he had hoped to announce a decision Nov. 3, the date a favorite aunt passed away, but that he might not be ready by then.

Last season Fulse had 70 tackles, 20 for losses, with 10 sacks. On offense he had 18 receptions for 220 yards with two touchdowns. Most schools are recruiting him for offense, but some also want him at defensive end.

"Miami wants me as an athlete, whichever one is the best fit for me," Fulse said. "I like tight end better, but I'm still open to playing defensive end."
 06-18-2010, 09:34 AM         #6636
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DB Crawford talks UM visit
June 18, 2010

South Fort Myers cornerback Dallas Crawford repeatedly tried to set up unofficial visits to Miami this spring to take his first look at the school.

At least two or three times, Crawford (5-10, 185) was forced to postpone, and he felt bad because he knew his actions would come off in a way to suggest that he didn’t have that much interest in Miami.

“It was real frustrating because that made it seem like we were not serious about our interest in the university,” Crawford said. “We were a little worried about the coaches losing faith in us actually coming for a visit.”

Crawford, accompanied by highly touted teammate and Cane target Sammy Watkins, finally made it to Coral Gables for an unofficial visit on Thursday.

“It was fun, very fun, and I liked everything about Miami,” Crawford said. “The coaches were down to earth, it was a beautiful campus, and it felt like a family atmosphere. Basically we ran around to meet all the coaches and we got a tour of the campus. It was kind of just shooting the breeze, hanging out with the coaches.”

Since Crawford had not previously been to Miami, he talked about how the visit compared to his expectations before it started.

“I didn’t expect it to be as down to earth as it was,” Crawford said. “I thought it would be all these people trying to put on a show but everyone was being themselves. It was pretty laid back so I had fun.”

Crawford talked a little more about the time he spent with the Miami coaches, including Randy Shannon who he had previously spoken with on the phone.

“I probably met all the coaches, Coach Shannon, Coach Hill, Coach McGriff, even Coach Whipple,” Crawford said. “I spoke with Coach Shannon on the phone before but this was my first time meeting him. He said that he doesn’t need to sell anything to me about Miami too much. He talked about the academic side and it’s a great institution to go to if you want to have a prestigious degree. Most of the time we didn’t talk about football actually, like we just shot the breeze like old friends or something.”

Crawford has also been building a relationship with Teddy Bridgewater after one of the newest commits gave him a call not too long ago.

“One day, I was walking to football practice and I get a call from a 786 area code,” Crawford said. “I answered and he said ‘This is Teddy’ and I said ‘Teddy who?’ He said ‘Teddy Bridgewater’ and that’s how it got started because I don’t even know how he got my number. He said he wants to get something started so Miami can get back to where they used to be. He thinks I could help get Miami back to a national championship. That helps because I want to be around someone that wants to win because that’s what I want to do. With him committing, it’s good to know that at least he’ll be there and we have the same goals.”

Miami stacks up pretty well for Crawford who touched on some other schools he likes as well as his summer visit plans.

“They’ve always been up in my top five, if I had one, but they’re right there for number one basically,” Crawford said. “I don’t really have a number one but they’re right there at the top. I like Miami, Michigan, Wake Forest, North Carolina, LSU, places like that. This summer, I’m going to Wake Forest, North Carolina, Ole Miss also and hopefully up north to Iowa if that works out.

Crawford hopes to return to Miami “as soon as possible,” definitely during the summer. He still wants to take some official visits to make sure he knows the right place for him before he is ready to commit.
 7 years ago '04        #6637
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,966 | Props total: 2766 2766
keep the updates coming, fellas
 7 years ago '04        #6638
booie4 
space
space
$5,237 | Props total: 1522 1522
I stand corrected but Phillip Dorsett just commited to us.
 7 years ago '09        #6639
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
Add Watkins and this WR class
 06-20-2010, 08:19 AM         #6640
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UM Reels in WR Dorsett
Jun. 19, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Miami jumped to the top of the list for St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Phillip Dorsett after he took an unofficial visit to Coral Gables last Thursday.

Dorsett (5-9, 167) wanted to go public with his intentions so he decided to end his recruitment and commit to Miami today.

“When I went down there last week, it felt like home and the coaches were real down to earth,” Dorsett said. “The academic side was great too with all the private tutoring and the eleven to one student to professor ratio. That’s going to help a lot so that’s great.”

Dorsett previously said that growing up a big Miami fan was an advantage for the Canes in his recruitment, but he explained that it didn’t factor much into his decision.

“It really didn’t matter a lot because when you get into the recruiting process, you really don’t think about it,” Dorsett said. “Well I thought about it a little but it wasn’t a big thing. It is a dream for me and it’s a great situation to be able to play for your dream school.”

The Miami coaches weren’t surprised to hear the news on Dorsett since he had already informed them that he would be committing in the near future.

“Yea they knew already but they were really excited when I told them,” Dorsett said. “I talked to Coach Hill and he had a feeling I was going to commit. He was around Coach Shannon at the time so that’s when I told them. I said that I’m ready to be a Cane and they loved it.”

Dorsett definitely knew about Northwestern’s Eli Rogers who already committed to Miami as a slot receiver but it wasn’t a concern for him.

Dorsett will now turn his focus on getting more talent to join the Miami recruiting class, with his main target being his teammate, cornerback Marcus Roberson.

“Whoever shows interest in Miami , I’m just trying to get them here,” Dorsett said. “I’m trying to get Marcus over to Miami too because he’s really interested.”

Dorsett was a top threat on offense for the Raiders with 30 catches for 594 yards and 9 touchdowns along with 7 carries for 93 yards and 1 touchdown.

ESPN ranks Dorsett as the 42nd best receiver in the nation and he has been clocked at 4.43 seconds in the 40 yard dash.

Dorsett is Miami’s fifth commitment in the current class joining offensive lineman Marcus Jackson, defensive back Albert Louis-Jean, quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, and wide receiver Eli Rogers
Home      

most viewed right now
EyeCandySweet SwingWeeknd SMASHES🏏: The Hoe Run Derby
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of meganxdenise
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If you could pick one main character to live instead of die in the end. Who?
78 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
nothing beats a natural pawg
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy slaps ya girls ass, what ya gonna do?
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bambino Gold Body Finally Found......R.I.P.
247 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Timberland two below zero collection
24 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
A visual History of The Rock in WWE Games! (1998-2017)
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy