Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #6621
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
 7 years ago '05        #6622
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,703 | Props total: 3816 3816
 Cap Peeler said:
WR from Carol City :dancingcool:

In the meantime, some clown who for real, nobody in the world hasn't heard of is still deciding between Georgia Southern and Florida State ....

ouch :greetings10:
stop making things up.......show me an article or somethin
 11-11-2009, 07:52 AM         #6623
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do any1 got news on safety dietrich riley who wants to visit miami
 7 years ago '06        #6624
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,723 | Props total: 12271 12271
 Junior G said:
some clown named Allen Hurns commited.....never heard of him
becuase your a clown that dosent hear shyt about recruiting

he won MVP Honors at the Florida Camp You DUmb Son of a bish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any commit you got

you not even in the top 30 MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

dismissed
 7 years ago '06        #6625
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
stop making things up.......show me an article or somethin
yall won the battle congrats on beating that Double A school
for a recruit.... that was his only offer

:owned:
 7 years ago '06        #6626
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
florida state is tied with UTAH #40 ranking in rival that he cares about so much and hes over he talking shyt ... dont you have any shame?!?!!?

UTAH MAGAAGAGAGAHAAHAHHAAH

#40 ranked

and you have the nerve to talk shyt about our commits????
 7 years ago '05        #6627
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
the only reason Erving isn't ranked is because he didn't send film to rivals so they havent seen him play....he's one of the best linemen in the country

and keep laughin b**ch, we gonna see who has a better class when our new dc comes in
 7 years ago '06        #6628
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
the only reason Erving isn't ranked is because he didn't send film to rivals so they havent seen him play....he's one of the best linemen in the country

and keep laughin b**ch, we gonna see who has a better class when our new dc comes in
bobby already stated that hes gonna be the one making the choice on DC

bahahahhahhahaha good luck with making a bowl game too!!!

ohhh i forgot u have no chance

pee ons in the state of florida
 7 years ago '05        #6629
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
bobby also thinks he's gonna be back next year........that old man dont know s**t
 11-11-2009, 12:03 PM         #6630
Dchis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does ne1 have newz on dietrich riley??? herd him n joshua shaw r good pals..he wants to visit UM also...
 7 years ago '05        #6631
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 Dchis said:
does ne1 have newz on dietrich riley??? herd him n joshua shaw r good pals..he wants to visit UM also...

if no ones replied yet..prolly cuz noones heard ne thing
 7 years ago '05        #6632
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Jacory Harris has spread the wealth to his receivers this season, and his many options could play a big role Saturday against UNC's stingy pass defense.

Most quarterbacks have one, two, maybe three favorites they look to when the sure thing is imperative.

Maybe it's the long, lean receiver with the graceful stride. Maybe it's the little hyper guy who makes opponents miss. Or maybe it's the big, physical type who outleaps and outmuscles the competition.

Jacory Harris has them all -- and more.

Thirteen University of Miami players caught passes Saturday against Virginia.

Seventeen Hurricanes have caught at least one.

Ten have at least eight.

Coach Randy Shannon said he would shorten the wide receiver rotation this season. But he never said he would reduce the total bunch at various positions.

Even recruit Allen Hurns, a 6-3, 180-pound Carol City High receiver who committed to UM on Monday night, said he was lured by the sheer number of receivers in the mix.

``It's amazing, but it comes as no surprise,'' UM cornerback Brandon Harris said when he learned 13 players caught passes Saturday. ``They have been giving us problems since we stepped on campus. They're a bunch of great guys and they complement each other well. Nobody is selfish in that group. Everybody is happy when the next guy makes a play.''

Shannon praised Harris for his varied tastes.

``It's a situation where the more you can diversify your offense, the better off you'll be,'' Shannon said Tuesday. ``Just a good job by Jacory of spreading the ball around. He's giving them opportunities. He's starting to get in the groove.

``Two weeks ago, he threw one ball away. This week, he threw three or four away, not taking sacks. It means you can't roll the coverage to one guy or double one guy because you leave another guy isolated.''

It all could come in handy when No. 12 Miami (7-2, 4-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) plays at North Carolina (6-3, 2-3) on Saturday. The Tar Heels have the nation's fifth-ranked pass defense. Miami has the 28th-ranked passing offense.

Junior Leonard Hankerson, the veteran of the group, leads the team with 27 catches for 517 yards and four touchdowns. Travis Benjamin has 23 catches for 428 yards and four touchdowns and LaRon Byrd has 24 catches for 342 yards and a touchdown.

``We have many playmakers on this team who play hard,'' Hankerson said, ``and everybody has different styles.''

Slot receiver Thearon Collier said that he and Benjamin, both considered small, ``are apples and oranges. I run the 40 in 4.5 flat. Travis Benjamin is a speedster. I'm very quick -- and shifty.''

Tight ends Dedrick Epps, Jimmy Graham and Tervaris Johnson have combined for 28 catches, 338 yards and seven touchdowns. And three running backs have at least eight catches apiece.

``Jacory definitely shares the ball,'' Graham said. ``That's why we've been successful so far. It's a very exciting offense to play for. I feel blessed.''

UM receivers coach Aubrey Hill is hoping the Tar Heels won't know which way to turn when Harris drops back to pass.

``You never know whether it will be a receiver or tight end or running back,'' Hill said. ``We're kind of excited about that. If you try to shut one person down we'll have an opportunity to hit the big plays another way.''
 7 years ago '05        #6633
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Hurricanes’ DeMarcus Van Dyke ignoring personal history with Tar Heels

by Jorge Milian

DeMarcus Van Dyke politely avoided talking much about last year’s game against North Carolina when I asked him about it on Tuesday afternoon.

“That’s in the past,” said Van Dyke, the Hurricanes’ junior cornerback. “I got to move forward.”

You can’t blame Van Dyke for wanting to forget. In last season’s 28-24 loss to the Tar Heels, Van Dyke allowed UNC receiver Brooks Foster to catch a 14-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone with 46 seconds to play.

Speaking after the game, UM coach Randy Shannon said about Van Dyke: “We talked before we got on the field that, ‘This is what we want you to do. The young guy went out there and blew the coverage again.”

UM and Carolina will face off again on Saturday in Chapel Hill, N.C. and Van Dyke, glowing with confidence and considerably beefier, is looking forward to facing the Tar Heels.

“I’m playing like I did in Little League and high school,” said Van Dyke, a graduate of Miami Pace.

Van Dyke isn’t a finished product, but there’s no question that he’s playing the best football of his career this season. He isn’t the liability he was last season in coverage and has gone from 161 pounds last year to 181 pounds this season on his 6-foot-1 frame. That’s made him more of a factor against the run.

“I have that confidence to go up there and put my head there,” Van Dyke said.

Shannon praised Van Dyke’s play when I asked him about it this week.

“He’s coming into this own,” Shannon said. “That comes from maturity.”

Not just physical maturity. Getting beat on a play no longer sends him into a mental funk that he can’t shake.

“Last year, if I gave up a catch or missed a tackle, I’d go into a shell,” said Van Dyke, who has started four games and shares one corner position with Sam Shields. “Now I realize I have to keep going and let that play pass.”

Through nine games, Van Dyke already has career highs in tackles (17) and pass break-ups (3). He registered the first interception of his career against Clemson.

“He’s playing a lot better,” said Brandon Harris, a semi-finalist for the Thorpe Award. “He’s really accepting the coaching, going out and practicing every day, staying late, coming out early. So he’s really putting a lot of time and effort into his performance.”

Van Dyke, a highly-regarded prospect out of high school, said he’s simply “doing what I’m expected to do.”

This week, that means holding up against a North Carolina team that left Van Dyke shaken last year.

“God did it for a reason so I’m glad I went through that last year,” Van Dyke said.
Reply | Quote
 7 years ago '05        #6634
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Game of the Week

Miami (7-2) at North Carolina (6-3),3:30 EST, ABC, Saturday, November 14

Why to watch: Yeah, North Carolina head coach Butch Davis will be facing his old employer, but that’s no longer the main headline when these programs meet. Instead, this is more about defining the pecking order in a Coastal Division that’s as deep and as talented as it’s ever been. The Tar Heels have gotten off the mat over the last two weekends, upsetting Virginia Tech and derailing Duke to get beyond a dreadful Oct. 22 collapse to Florida State. Finishing strong is the edict for Davis, who’d like his young team to carry some momentum into the postseason and the offseason. Miami still has its sights fixed on a BCS bowl game after destroying Virginia at home, 52-17. Winning the division will require a Georgia Tech loss at Duke earlier in the afternoon, which is improbable. Still, the ‘Canes are sitting at No. 14 in the latest BCS rankings and with three more wins, could be an at-large option.
Why Miami might win: The Hurricane offense is far superior in this game, especially at quarterback, where Jacory Harris holds a wide edge over T.J. Yates. Since nipping Oklahoma on Oct. 3, Miami has scored at least 27 points each game, which is about five more than the futile Heel offense has averaged this fall. Beyond just Harris and his fleet-footed receiving corps, the ‘Canes have also started getting more help from Graig Cooper, Damien Berry, and an improved running game. If they can keep the chains moving, Carolina simply doesn’t have enough firepower or consistency on offense to keep up.
Why North Carolina might win: Yeah, the ‘Canes have been pretty good with the ball, but they’ve met their match in the Carolina D. The Tar Heels lead the ACC in total defense and scoring defense, yielding just 249 yards and 15 points a game, respectively. The unit is so fast and athletic that the Miami skill position players will have a tough time getting out to the edge. The front seven, led by sack-happy DE Robert Quinn and linebackers Quan Sturdivant and Bruce Carter, has had a penchant for completely taking games over. And in the secondary, corners Charles Brown and Kendric Burney are good enough to neutralize ‘Cane receivers Leonard Hankerson and Travis Benjamin.
Who to watch: With Sean Spence out with a knee injury, Miami needs linebackers Colin McCarthy and Darryl Sharpton to really step up and shut down Carolina backs Shaun Draughn and Ryan Houston. The Heels don’t have a prolific ground game, but if Yates is forced into third-and-long situations, the offense has no chance of extending drives or reaching the end zone. McCarthy and Sharpton have been solid this season, but without Spence’s trademark range, the veterans will be asked to cover a much larger swath of grass.
What will happen: Miami has the better offense. North Carolina is tougher on defense. It shapes up as another ACC game that doesn’t get decided until the waning moments. This one will be played tight and close-to-the-vest throughout, which means special teams and turnovers will be more critical than normal. ‘Cane Matt Bosher vs. Heel Casey Barth is a push at placekicker. The clearest advantage for Miami is at quarterback. In one of those last-team-with-the-ball-wins games, Harris will be the difference, guiding his teammates to another edge-of-you-seat win.
CFN Prediction: Miami 23 … North Carolina 16 ... Line: Miami -3.5
 7 years ago '05        #6635
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
UM FOCUSED ON CAROLINA, NOT COASTAL RACE... In case you didn't know, there is at least one member of the University of Miami football team who knows how it feels to win at North Carolina. Tight end Jimmy Graham did it his freshman year on the basketball court, helping the Canes punk some guy named Tyler Hansbrough and the eventual senior class that won a national title last March.

Graham would love to help the Canes punk some one else: former Hurricanes coach Butch Davis, whose new team has owned the Hurricanes of late. Graham was in the stands at Land Shark Stadium last season when the Tar Heels scored the Canes secondary and rallied from a 24-14 fourth quarter deficit to beat UM. Beating Carolina is something Graham wants to make sure Miami's football seniors get to experience.

"0-3 -- it's a big part, kind of a mindset of what we're doing this week," Graham said. "It's a big game for us, it's a big game for them. It's going to be sold out. It's going to be a great atmosphere. We know we're going to get an A-plus game from them. Hopefully, we bring the same."

A big part of bringing an A-plus game to Chapel Hill -- where the Hurricanes haven't won in three tries -- will be making sure players' eyes are on the field and not on the scoreboard. About a 15 minute drive down Tobacco Road, Duke and Georgia Tech will be playing in a game that means a ton to UM's season. If Georgia Tech wins the noon kickoff, they'll clinch the Coastal Division and Miami's hopes of reaching the ACC championship game will go out the window.

Shannon has made it a point this week to make sure his players don't worry about it, comparing scoreboard watching to driving while text messaging. Although the Canes would love to play for the ACC title, it feels like Shannon's message has been well received.

"We're not going to be thinking about Georgia Tech at all because the only thing we can control is beating North Carolina," cornerback Brandon Harris said. "Everybody wants to go undefeated when the season starts. But if we win out and go 10-2, it can give us a lot of momentum in years to come. All we really want to do is go to a big bowl game. Hopefully, the bowl picture works out for us."

WHY U SHOULD FEAR CAROLINA... The last two times I wrote blogs that started with "Why U should fear..." the Canes ended up losing to Virginia Tech and Clemson. I don't want to be accused of jinxing them, so I'll avoid it this week. But, that being said, there are plenty of reasons for U to be worried about this game.

The Tar Heels might not have first round talent at receiver like it did a year ago, but it seems like they have the perfect formula to beat UM -- a tremendous all-around defense, very good special teams and power running game that is starting to hum. Shannon said Tuesday Carolina's defense is better than Oklahoma's -- "way better."

"Watching North Carolina on tape, their record is not what they are as a football team. They're a tough football team," Shannon said. "You look at their scores, they've lost some close games in the last 2-3 minutes of a game and they've won some close in the last 2-3 minutes of a game. We're not going to take this team lightly. This team beat Virginia Tech and we lost to Virginia Tech."

It's hard to argue with Shannon when you look at a few of these facts and figures...

> The Tar Heels have forced 11 turnovers in their last four games and is ranked in the top 11 in all four major defensive categories. They rank fifth in total defense (249.4 yards per game), fifth in passing defense (157.8 yards per game), eighth in rushing defense (91.7 yards per game) and 11th in scoring defense (15.3). UNC opponents have also converted just 30.7 percent on third down,which ranks eighth in the country.

> While Carolina's offense has suffered 13 injuries -- including to six starters -- no starters on defense have missed a game. And there are stars all over the field. Sophomore defensive end Robert Quinn, who is returning from emergency brain surgery after a tumor was discovered his senior year of high school, leads the ACC in tackles for loss (15.5) and ranks second in sacks (10). The 6-5, 270-pounder receives plenty of support from big defensive tackles Marvin Austin (6-3, 305) and Cam Thomas (6-4, 325).

""Their front seven is outstanding," Harris said. "Oklahoma had a good interior guy, and Beal was a good end. But overall, North Carolina has the best defensive line we've seen. It's going to be a tough challenge and something very hard to overcome, but we have to f!ght through it."

> Offensively, despite the fact running back Shaun Draughn was lost for the season last week, Carolina continued to run the ball effectively with tailback Ryan Houston, who finished with 164 yards. The Tar Heels have run for an average of 193.8 yards over their last four games.

> On special teams, Da'Norris Searcy ranks 10th in the nation with a 15.0 average. Sophomore kicker Casey Barth is 13 of 16 on field goal attempts and Carolina ranks 16th in the country in punt return defense, allowing an average of just 4.5 yards a return.
 7 years ago '05        #6636
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Canes trying to avoid Carolina blues
University of Miami special teams coach Joe Pannunzio thought he was getting a pat on the back from offensive coordinator Mark Whipple after last Saturday's 52-17 win against Virginia. Turns out, his buddy was really razzing him.

"Whip looked at me and said 'Man, you helped me a bunch,'" Pannunzio recalled of their encounter on Wednesday. "I said 'How is that?' He said, 'Man, I knew we couldn't punt, so I had to call good plays.'"

Pannunzio and Whipple were kidding of course. But the trouble UM has had protecting punter Matt Bosher this season (opponents have three blocks) is nothing funny to coach Randy Shannon.

This week, Pannunzio and Shannon, who share the brunt of special teams coaching, made it a point to emphasize avoiding the same individual breakdowns in punt protection schemes that have led to the blocks.

Last year, UM used a conventional punt scheme. Pannunzio said he switched to a spread formation this season because Miami had been having such a hard time returning punts against it and thought it would be more effective. Pannunzio said he plans to remain in the spread the rest of the season and that no personnel changes are being made this week because no one in particular has been blamed for the breakdowns.

Shannon said the coaching staff has done a better job this week preparing players and said the breakdowns come down to "communication." But Pannunzio said he's more than willing to point the finger at himself.

"Ultimately, it's coaching," Pannunzio said. "We've got to coach them better."

> North Carolina hasn't blocked any punts this season. But linebacker Bruce Carter had three against UConn alone last season. In last year's game at Land Shark, the Tar Heels partially blocked a Bosher punt with 2:49 to play. UNC took over on its own 44 and then drove down the field for the winning touchdown.

> Despite the mistakes on special teams, Bosher has continued to have another MVP type season. He currently ranks second in the ACC in punts (42.7) and 83.3 percentage on field goals (10-12) ranks fourth in the conference. He's also handling kickoffs again for UM and doing a much better job than earlier in the year. If there is a secret to his success, consider it a coaching decision by Shannon, who has asked Bosher to kick less in practice.

"Everybody has been kept down kicking wise -- it's kind of like a pitching count," Bosher said last week. "We always kick field goals. But in most practices, we don't do much other than mental reps during practice. Everybody knows where they have to be without kicking 20 balls. It's kept everybody's legs a lot fresher."

> Pannunzio said redshirt freshman Jake Wieclaw has improved, but he simply doesn't have the leg strength to handle kickoffs. "We have a field goal guy that doesn't miss many field goals," Pannunzio said. "So, we're not going to make that switch. But [Wieclaw] is an accurate field goal kicker. He just doesn't have the leg strength. Matt can make a field goal from 55 yards. Jake is more like 45 to 50. That's still pretty good.[Wieclaw's] biggest problem is he has a very good player ahead of him."
 7 years ago '05        #6637
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
By BARRY JACKSON

When the University of Miami program was floundering a couple years ago, one of the complaints -- as voiced by ex-Cane Jonathan Vilma at the time -- was that ``guys are not improving year to year.'' That clearly has changed.

Recruiting has been the biggest key to UM's revival, but also credit the staff's roster management and player development. Some who improved were supposed to be very good (Allen Bailey, Brandon Harris, Leonard Hankerson, etc.), but look at what UM has extracted from players once considered afterthoughts.

Against Wake Forest, tight end/H-back Tervaris Johnson -- who played sparingly at defensive back for two years -- made critical blocks to help win that game. Against Virginia, it was safety Jared Campbell knocking away three passes. (That's the same Campbell who played in one game in 2008 and whose previous football highlight was sitting next to Paris Hilton at this past Super Bowl.)

UM could have left Sam Shields languish on the bench at receiver, but moved him to cornerback, where he has contributed. Coach Randy Shannon wisely shifted Damien Berry from safety to running back in 2008, and he has 356 yards (6.4 per carry) in the past five games after overcoming fumbling problems in practice.

When Pat Hill was injured last month, UM moved running back Mike James to fullback --Jacory Harris told him this week ``how thankful we are'' he has pulled it off. It was Shannon who suggested basketball player Jimmy Graham become a tight end, and he has blocked well and caught four touchdowns.

Shannon followed Jimmy Johnson's advice to try to get something from everybody on his roster. The players deserve credit for improving, but Campbell said in his case, ``I give most of the credit to the staff'' -- including defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff, who kept telling him his time would come.

``That's what our job is -- we're teachers,'' Shannon said. ``We're putting guys in position where they can help us.'' Not everybody has panned out yet (Arthur Brown, Kylan Robinson, for example), but far more have than have not.

• Recent oral commitments from Booker T. Washington running back Eduardo Clements and St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Keion Payne raised UM's 2010 recruiting ranking to 12th on Rivals.com. (UF is seventh, FSU 39th).

``Miami could end up in the top 10,'' Rivals.com's Jamie Newberg said. ``They have to keep [Jacksonville defensive tackle/oral commitment] Louis Nix. There's speculation he could switch to Notre Dame. And they've got to beat out Notre Dame for [St. Thomas offensive lineman] Brandon Linder.''

• UM's offense, under Mark Whipple, has such an NFL approach that Whipple gave Travis Benjamin the routes run by Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson, and Leonard Hankerson the routes run by Pittsburgh's Hines Ward. (Whipple worked for the Eagles and Steelers.)

``Coach Whipple treats us like pros, talks about the Steelers and Eagles quite a bit,shows us how Philadelphia ran plays to perfection,'' Graham said. ``He says, `If you were in the league, we would just fine you $10,000.' '' Whipple can appear agitated after offensive miscues. ``The looks on his face are intimidating'' but his words are``encouraging,'' Harris said.

• UM loves how its secondary is developing. Junior cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke is more physical after gaining 20 pounds (to 181) and said he's more willing to accept coaching now. ``Last year, if I gave up a catch or missed a tackle, I would go into a shell.'' . . .Most improved UM basketball player? Center Julian Gamble, coach Frank Haith said
 7 years ago '05        #6638
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Butch Davis: “Ludicrous” to think Miami game isn’t special
by Jorge Milian

Saturday’s game between the Hurricanes and North Carolina will mark the third consecutive year that Tar Heels coach Butch Davis will face UM, where he served as head coach from 1995-2000.

Davis was asked Wednesday afternoon on the ACC’s football coaches conference telephone call if the game still carries extra meaning for him.

“Having spent so many years in south Florida and intimately involved in the program, it would be ludicrous to think there isn’t some special significance,” said Davis, who was 51-20 at Miami. “But when game gets started and all that stuff, it’s still about the execution, the performance and the preparation of your players. The first [time he faced UM in 2007] was kind of somewhat unique and unusual, but now three years into it, that part of it is more about they’re the opponent, they’re the other team and they’re real good.”

Davis has beaten the Hurricanes and his former a.ssistant, Randy Shannon, in each of the two previous meetings. On Wednesday, Davis dismissed those victories as the Tar Heels being “just fortunate enough to hang around and be in the game.”

The Hurricanes, Davis said, display “no visible evidence on film of any weaknesses…This will be a real significant challenge for our team.”

Davis was especially effusive in his praise for UM’s offense, which he said “totally demolished a Virginia team [in last week’s 52-17 victory] that we could barely make first downs against.” Carolina (6-3, 2-3) lost to the Cavaliers 19-3 on Oct. 3.

“You wish they were one dimensional,” Davis said. “But Miami has made a dramatic change offensively, schematically. The previous two seasons they tried to run some version of the read-option offense and the spread offense and stuff. They certainly changed that…I wish we could find weaknesses, but it doesn’t look like they have any.”

A few other notes:

…..Shannon said that safety Randy Phillips practiced on Wednesday, but said his status for Saturday is “game-day situation.” Defensive end Eric Moncur also practiced on Wednesday, according to Shannon. Moncur, whose injury-ravaged career continues into a sixth season, was on the UM sideline in the Virginia game wearing a cast/brace around his lower right leg.

…..Jeremy Lewis, the sophomore defensive lineman by way of Palm Beach Lakes High, has worked into the rotation at defensive tackle. Lewis batted a pass into the air against Virginia on Saturday that Micanor Regis intercepted. Shannon said he expects Lewis to share snaps with freshman Curtis Porter the rest of the season. “He’s coming around,” Shannon said. “Me and coach Hurtt were talking about how against Virginia, he was snapping off the football. Before he was easing into the play. He’s not thinking any more. He’s just going, ‘boom’ off the ball. If he can continue to do that the rest of the season, that’s going to give us a tremendous boost.”

…..Linebacker Ramon Buchanan, who has replaced injured Sean Spence the past two weeks, improved his play against Virginia after and uneven performance against Wake Forest, Shannon said. “He did some good things last week,” Shannon said. “He got better. The first time he played, he was okay. Last week, a whole lot better. Recognizing plays. Not just being out there nervous. He’s calmed down. He sees the plays. He understands what [the offense] is trying to get done.”

….With UM losing both starting offensive tackles, speculation has been that if guard Orlando Franklin returns for his senior season, he’ll play offensive tackle. When I asked Shannon if the 6-foot-7, 318-pound will eventually be a tackle, he said, “Don’t know. Tackle is a different world. You can be big as a house and be athletic, but if you don’t have the proper technique you can forget it.”
 7 years ago '05        #6639
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
word on the street is linder might commit to us tom :laughing19:
and for the moment dunkley is a silent to us also

Last edited by Deeangoe; 11-12-2009 at 06:44 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #6640
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Miramar (FL) High School WR Ivan McCartney says he's building a close relationship with Cane head coach Randy Shannon.

"I call him, we talk," McCartney said. "We just talk about life, not football. A lot of our conversations are about life. We have a great relationship."

McCartney said he got a visit at his school last week from Shannon, Tommie Robinson and Aubrey Hill.

He says that continues to show how badly UM wants to land him.

"They came to the game on Friday," McCartney said.

He had four receptions for 99 yards in that game as his team improved to 8-1 and now plays Dillard before the start of the playoffs. McCartney has eight touchdown receptions this season.

Asked his favorites, McCartney simply said, "It's still open."

He's already visited Oregon and West Virginia and is set to visit Florida at the end of this month.

His final two official visits?

"It'll be hard to decide," he said. "Miami, it's possible. I could visit unofficially, too."

Of what he likes about UM, McCartney says, "I like the way they play. It's the U. There's nothing much more you can say."

He says he plans to wait until signing day to announce a decision.

Of what he wants in a college, McCartney said, "A good campus lifestyle, education program. That's the most important school-wise. Football-wise I want to play right away, see the coach-player relationship and the relationship players have with the other players and how the team is run on offense."

* McCartney is first cousins with Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco.

"People compare us - a lot of people do that," McCartney said.
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago