Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6601
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
cheeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaa how about that a.ss whooping !!!

Pannuzzio needs to get them special teams ready tho.

However, good payback for the 48 they hung on us in the OB 2 years ago
 7 years ago '05        #6602
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
can somebody give me a recap of the game?

with the exception of the collier punt return td

i dunno who the f**k scored for the canes...i was fuucking plaastered
 7 years ago '05        #6603
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
KEION PAYNE just commited....cheah!!!!!:applause::cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '04        #6604
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
can somebody give me a recap of the game?

with the exception of the collier punt return td

i dunno who the f**k scored for the canes...i was fuucking plaastered
J12 threw 2 TD passes, I don't know who caught the first one but the second one was a jump ball to Jimmy Graham I swear homeboy could've dunked that ish when he went that high. :agreement6:

Damien Berry scored two TDs from 1 yd out and 2 yds out respectively.

Pimp Collier took the punt to the crib :wow:

Graig Cooper ran for 152 yds or something like that and scored on a 3 yd run :agreement6:

Wesley had an interception that set up a AJ Highsmith TD pass to Kendal on 4th and 5

We did go on 4th down a lot this game even when we were already up by 20+. I guess Shannon is learning that style points do matter.

Can't wait til the pus*y gates come down and we run up the score up their a.ss

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 11-08-2009 at 08:37 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #6605
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12161 12161
^ it was regis with the INTO famo
 7 years ago '07        #6606
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
hank had the other td reception

the defensive was very impressive
 7 years ago '04        #6607
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Cap Peeler said:
Can't wait til the pus*y gates come down and we run up the score up their a.ss
dont worry, i'm sure they'll weasel their way outta that game
 7 years ago '05        #6608
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
dont worry, i'm sure they'll weasel their way outta that game
they are not gonna wanna come down to miami...theyre gonna lobby to get the game in jax or orlando or some s**t...honestly i dont care they could have the game in gainesville for all i care...we just dont give a f**k
 7 years ago '05        #6609
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #6610
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12161 12161
this f**got Junior G saying Stom Johnson is a bum

[pic - click to view]

how did he do against highly ranked GA football ball team?

224 yards and 3 TD in 10 atemps. just amazing.
shannon recruiting>>>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '04        #6611
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon Reaction: The Day After UVA
Nov. 8, 2009

By: David Lake

Randy Shannon
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami had their most impressive win of the second half of the season with a 52-17 win over Virginia.

The UM defense limited Virginia to just 149 yards of total offense while Graig Cooper led the offense with a career high 151 yards rushing.

After watching film of the game, Coach Randy Shannon met with the media Sunday morning to discuss the game against Virginia.

News & Notes

• The defense had their best performance of the season, Shannon said. Miami limited Virginia to 149 yards of total offense. “I thought that was the best game on season we have played on defense. To go out and hold them to under 150 yards of offense, they were 2-for-12 on third down and as a total group of running and chasing the football, it was unbelievable.”

• Virginia blocked two punts against Miami and Shannon said it was a problem where it was a miscommuncation between the blockers. Shannon said punter Matt Bosher is getting rid of the ball in enough time. “It is the same rush we have been seeing all year long and it is a different guy every time,” Shannon said. “We have to coach them up to get them to do it and our coaches have to do a better job of making them understand what we need to get done. That will be a big point for us this week because North Carolina has a very good punt block special teams.”

• Miami has never won a road game at UNC in the history of the program. 2007 and 2004 were the last trips Miami made to North Carolina and Miami lost by a combined nine points. “I don’t think we have ever beat them there,” Shannon said. “That is something they will understand and we will address it as a team.”

• Miami defensive coordinator John Lovett was a defensive a.ssistant at North Carolina last year. Shannon said the only advantage UM can get out of Lovett going into this week’s game is that he knows UNC’s personnel. “Usually when somebody leaves your staff you change the terminology right away,” Shannon said. “The only thing you can get is personnel. The other things will change.”

• Thearon Collier‘s 60-yard punt return for a touchdown against Virginia came during a punt block situation. “There are some punt block situations where we will say ok we have a punt block and then wall right and in that particular time it was punt block wall right,” Shannon said. “When he came there was pick off blocks and we make sure to tell the guys to get behind the blocks and that is when they get leverage.”

• Shannon thought the changed practice time this week helped the team enter the Virginia game more fresh. “On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, we are basically not in pads. That is two days instead of three. Then we back off on Thursday and Friday. Mentally, your a.ssignments are your a.ssignments. You have to execute. I think if you keep them fresh now it will get a lot better. It makes a difference this time of the season.”

• Running back Graig Cooper ran for a career high 151 yards and one touchdown against Virginia. “Cooper hasn’t been healthy the last two weeks,” Shannon said. “If he is healthy, then Cooper is going to do a great job.” Shannon said Cooper will likely be the player of the game.

• Safety Jared Campbell finished the game with four tackles and three pass beakups. Shannon said he is pleased with the way Campbell is playing this year. “Jared is doing a nice job,” Shannon said. “He is playing hard and playing well and executing what we need to get done. I am proud of him because he has come a long ways and he is working hard. He has been a very valuable a.sset to the defense.”

• Shannon on freshman cornerback Brandon McGee: “He played a lot in the first half and did well. If they don’t catch a ball on him that means he does well.”

• Shannon on the personal foul call Virginia was called for when Jacory was tackled by his helmet. “You can’t grab from the back or the ear or anywhere like that,” Shannon said. “It is a new rule. All they saw was the helmet came off. That is the thing with officiating and it was a deal where they could review it.”

• Miami sustained no injuries from the Virginia game. “There are no injuries or anything for the first time,” Shannon said.
 7 years ago '04        #6612
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
CB Payne Commits to UM
Nov. 7, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Keion Payne
St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Keion Payne has verbally committed to the University of Miami.

Payne (5-11, 152, 4.55) has six tackles, one interception, one fumble recovery, and one pass breakup this season for the nation's number one ranked team.

Payne picked Miami over Florida State, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Florida, and let Cane coaches know he was ready to go public when they visited him at school on Friday.

“I committed yesterday before our game when their coaches came to the school,” Payne said. “I had been ready to commit all along but I just wanted to put it out there.”

The biggest attraction to Miami for Payne was how he felt the entire coaching staff would be able to help him over the next four years.

“It was really just how they play and the coaching staff,” Payne said. “I feel like they can get me where I want to be in the next four years, both with my personal life and on the field.”

Payne added that the recruiting process is now over for him, and he’ll now turn his focus towards convincing teammates Brandon Linder and Jermaine Barton to join the 2010 Miami recruiting class.

Payne was also in attendance for Miami’s 52-17 win over Virginia, and he added some quick comments about the game.

“Yeah it was a good game, Miami pretty much put it on them in every aspect of the game,” Payne said. “I think a lot of people thought it was going to rain so there were some fans there.”

Payne will be arriving at Miami in the summer as St. Thomas Aquinas does not allow early graduation, and he’s unsure of when he’ll take his official visit to Miami.

Payne is Miami's sixth cornerback who has verbally committed and the 24th player in the class, which has seen four commitments in the past week.

As a junior at Dillard, he had 33 tackles and four interceptions.
 7 years ago '05        #6613
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
University of Miami wide receiver Thearon Collier returns a punt 60 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter against Virginia on Saturday, Nov. 7 2009 at Land Shark Stadium in Miami Gardens.
University of Miami sophomore Thearon Tyrone Collier III said his mother, Tranise, ``broke down and cried'' when she watched him return a punt 60 yards for a touchdown Saturday.

His father never got the chance.

``My father was k!lled when my mom was pregnant with me so I never had the opportunity to meet him,'' said Collier, who turned 19 in June and is a year older than his father was when he was shot to death Dec. 14, 1989.

The tragic story was documented in The Miami Herald.

``Thearon Tyrone Collier and his friend Fred Brown looked so much alike it was uncanny,'' the story began. ``For Collier, the resemblance was fatal. . . . Someone gunning for Brown fired a .45-caliber slug into the 18-year-old Collier's chest.

``No doubt about it, he was an innocent victim,'' the homicide detective said. ``Collier was a good kid.''

Collier's mother was 15 and three months pregnant at the time. Collier's father, who graduated from Miami Beach Senior High and was a wide receiver there, was raised by his grandmother. He was scheduled to enter the army the next day so he could earn money to go to college.

A TIGHT BOND Tranise Harris is a single mother and school-bus driver for Miami-Dade County. She also is her son's hero. She can't afford to travel to road games, but she'll be planted in front of the TV with her three younger children when Collier returns punts and catches passes for 12th-ranked UM (7-2, 4-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) on Saturday at North Carolina (6-3, 2-3).

``She's very supportive,'' Collier said. ``I talk to her every night before I go to bed and before and after every game. She's my mother. She's my father. She's my pride and joy. I love her to death.''

Collier, according to teammates and UM coach Randy Shannon, is quiet, humble, respectful and so shy that it took him a while to be able to pass Shannon without avoiding eye contact.

``Everytime I'd see Coach Shannon in the hallway I'd drop my head down,'' Collier said. ``He'd say, `Put your head up.' I came into his office a couple times but I was scared because I'm not used to opening up. Since then, I've tried to sit with different guys and start conversations. I've made a lot of friends. We're a team, a family -- I just can't be around Davon Johnson and Brandon Harris all the time.''

Johnson and Harris played with Collier at Miami Booker T. Washington, where Collier was described as a big-play threat and compared with former Hurricanes Roscoe Parrish and Devin Hester. As a senior in 2007, he had 711 receiving yards and seven touchdowns. He also was an All-State returner, returning six punts for touchdowns. He chose Miami over Auburn, Florida and South Florida.

A slot receiver, Collier played in 12 games as a freshman and was the second-leading receiver with 324 yards and two touchdowns. His only missed game came after he bruised his ribs and was taken to UM's Ryder Trauma Center during the UNC loss. He has 201 yards on 12 catches in nine games, and has returned nine punts for 138 yards and two touchdowns.

Collier's dazzling 60-yard return was No. 2 on ESPN SportsCenter's top-10 plays of the day. He evaded seven defenders and was aided by magnificent blocks from Ramon Buchanan, Colin McCarthy and Chavez Grant. He became the first Hurricane with multiple punt returns for touchdowns in a season since Hester had three and Parish had two in 2004.

He also had a clutch 18-yard catch on third down to extend UM's winning drive at Wake Forest, where he came down with one foot in bounds.

``I only stand 5-9, Ma'am,'' he said. ``The defender was 6-1. I saw the jump ball in the air and the only thing in my mind was `I gotta come down with the catch -- toe-tap sideline drill.' Big-time players step up in big-time games.''

`A GREAT YOUNG MAN' Collier's mother lives in Overtown and works two jobs. She sometimes shows her son the only picture she has of his father: a worn prom shot from 1989. He's in a white tuxedo with a pink bow tie. She's in a pink dress.

``He's a very quiet kid and his dad was the same way,'' Tranise Harris said. ``He would have been proud of his son.''

Collier, whose father had a close-cropped, low-fade haircut, has dreadlocks. He's stockier than his dad, but said he lost 12 pounds to get to 186 so he could use his quickness and agility -- he's not super fast -- more to his advantage. He'd like to get to the NFL, ``but everybody can't,'' he said. ``Whatever God has planned for me I'll accept.''

Tranise's greatest day will be when her son, in the sports administration program, earns his degree.

``He's the only kid in my family to see something positive like this in life and go to college,'' she said. ``Everybody I meet says, `Miss Harris, you have a great young man.' ''
 7 years ago '07        #6614
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Collier>>

i been said he should be the punt returner. I like TB3 but all that dancing before taking a step forward pisses me off wit any returner.
 7 years ago '04        #6615
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400

[pic - click to view]

i dont like em..then again im not a fan of white socks
 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM         #6616
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna see the alt views of it..
 7 years ago '05        #6617
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
white shoes, no U on the helmet :angry12:
 7 years ago '05        #6618
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,673 | Props total: 3793 3793
some clown named Allen Hurns commited.....never heard of him
 7 years ago '07        #6619
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
i need to see alt views also

the number thing is kinda cool

but we got some good colors to mess with and thats all they can come up with
 7 years ago '04        #6620
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
some clown named Allen Hurns commited.....never heard of him
WR from Carol City :dancingcool:

In the meantime, some clown who for real, nobody in the world hasn't heard of is still deciding between Georgia Southern and Florida State ....

ouch :greetings10:

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 11-10-2009 at 11:08 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago