Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #6581
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
our depth next yr should be vastly improved

in other news (ie my personal life ) - i am now in a relationship with a UF alum / gator, i swear to you the irony
shoulda waited till after the seasons over to make it official

thnksgiving weekend just became a toss up between um/usf or fsu/uf
 7 years ago '07        #6582
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
thats a easy decision

make her come to the mia/usf game

ima be there
 7 years ago '04        #6583
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Practice Report: 11/4
Nov. 4, 2009

By: David Lake

Javarris James
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes held practice Wednesday morning in preparation for Virginia.

See what the latest buzz is around the team and what coach Randy Shannon had to say following practice.

• Running back Javarris James practiced today, Shannon said. James did not play at Wake Forest. He leads the team with 418 yards and four touchdowns. “He is going to add to the running game and add to what we do as an offense. Javarris is a veteran guy, so when you get him and Cooper back healthy, you have some guys with what you need for the long stretch.”

• Miami practiced Tuesday at 3 p.m. for just an hour and he said he is pleased with the way the team practiced yesterday and this morning. “The day was good,” Shannon said. “Guys flew around and got in and out of it. We did a lot of good things today and we looked sharp today. We looked faster than we did the last couple of weeks.”

• Shannon on how running back Lamar Miller and defensive back Jamal Reid are doing on the scout team: “Those guys are coming along and when we go ones-against-ones they are getting some reps, so they usually get 8-to-10 reps live full speed with what we are running on offense and defense. They are getting better and they are not just on the shelf.”

More on Miller
More on Reid

• Freshman tight end Billy Sanders will be depended on heavily next season with seniors Dedrick Epps, Tervaris Johnson, and Jimmy Graham all leaving after this year. Shannon said Sanders is doing a good job of getting acclimated this year. “Like anything with all freshmen he is learning and getting better. When we put him in he is doing a good job, but you have to wait for the spring with those guys.”

• Shannon on Virginia coach Al Groh: “He is a good football coach. He has been in the NFL and college. That is his alma mater and he has done a nice job there. He has some tough football players that play hard for him and he is doing a good job ever since I have known him as a football coach.”

• Sophomore receiver Aldarius Johnson has had a tough season this year with injuries, so it was good to see him make the big fourth down play at the end of the Wake Forest game. “It was good for him to come back and play,” Shanno said. “It is not just the catches that Aldarius was doing, he was doing a good job of blocking. When you have a guy that can do both, then he can play receiver.”
 7 years ago '04        #6584
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
McCarthy: Defense f!ghting Through Injuries
Nov. 5, 2009

By: David Lake

Colin McCarthy
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- With the injury bug hitting Miami hard in recent weeks, players are having to tough it out and play through nagging injuries of their own.

With the injuries depth is thin, rotations are shorter, and keeping players healthy is crucial.

Linebacker Colin McCarthy is one of the few Hurricanes who says he isn’t beat up too bad right now and he says playing hurt is just part of the game.

“I feel pretty healthy now,” McCarthy said. “Throughout the season you have little nicks here and there and you kind of expect to not be feeling great and get banged up, but come Saturdays you just go out and play no matter what.”

“A lot of people are banged up, but it is the point in the season when you have to keep pushing. The coaches are doing a great job now of giving us time to rest and get our legs back and try to finish out the season strong.”

Eight games into the 2009 season, McCarthy has emerged as one of the ACC’s top taclers after missing most of last year with an injury. He currently leads Miami with 60 total tackles, ranking seventh in the ACC with a 7.4 tackle per game average.

McCarthy has recorded a team high 11 tackles in each of UM’s past two games.

“I think I am just getting the opportunity,” McCarthy said. “Whenever I get in the game I try to help out the team as much as I can. The more plays that I get, I am going to try and take advantage of it. The more tackles I have, the more I am helping the team out so I am happy about that.”

Wake Forest totaled 555 total yards of offense last week and when asked about giving up all that yardage, McCarthy was not pleased.

“That is pretty impressive (said sarcastically) and for us to still win, you have to give them credit, but we got the win and that is all that matters. There is a lot of things that we need to correct. Whatever that number was is pretty high and we need to bring that down and get off the field.”

One point of emphasis this week against Virginia will be beginning the game strong defensively and coming out with more energy.

“Lately with the first drive against teams, the whole season they have started strong with a field goal or a touchdown,” McCarthy said. “We have to be more excited I guess in the beginning of games to try and stop them. We have to find a way to get up for games.”
 7 years ago '04        #6585
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
UCLA Pledge Jefferson Planning UM Visit
Nov. 4, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Tony Jefferson
Athlete Tony Jefferson from Eastlake High in Chula Vista, California, was an early Cane target when he received an offer back in the spring.

Jefferson (6-0, 195), who is the number 9 overall prospect in the ESPNU 150, proceeded to fade from Miami’s radar after making a commitment to UCLA in July.

Jefferson, who is having a standout senior year with 1,300 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns along with 35 tackles and 3 interceptions, is now considering the Canes again after deciding to look at some other schools despite still being committed to the Bruins.

“I’m open to everyone right now, I can’t really say if I’m going to be at UCLA or not,” Jefferson said. “I’m having some second thoughts about UCLA and I just want to make sure the decision I’m making is the one I want to make. I never got the chance to get out and see some other schools so I can compare what they have up against UCLA.”

Besides UCLA, Jefferson is considering the schools who are really recruiting him hard in Michigan, Miami, Oklahoma, and Florida.

Jefferson recently returned from his first official visit over the weekend to Oklahoma for their 42-30 win over Kansas State. He has two others set up for rivalry games to Michigan against Ohio State (11/21) and Florida against Florida State (11/28). He is planning to visit Miami in December but hasn’t picked out the exact dates yet.

Jefferson, who is set to graduate early, says his interest in Miami stems from the fact that he’s been watching the Canes for years.

“I mean I grew up watching the ‘U’ and everybody on my team is hyped up about the ‘U’,” Jefferson said. “There are a lot of Miami fans out here in California and I have a lot of family down in Florida. Personally, I really get along with Coach Barrow and their head coach.”

Jefferson has caught a few of Miami games so far this season, and he’s liked what he’s seen on the defensive side of the ball.

“Yea I’ve watched a few of their games and their defense is flying around real well,” Jefferson said. “That’s why they’re ranked where they’re at but there’s always room for improvement. I know Miami’s working their tails off to get better and better every week so that’s basically what I’ve seen from them.”

Jefferson is honestly not too sure what another school would need to show him in particular to sway him from his UCLA commitment.

“To be honest, they don’t need to show me anything because it’s basically about how I feel,” Jefferson said. “They just need to do what they do and if I feel with it, then I feel with it. That’s just me but the other schools don’t need to do anything special.”

Jefferson has the versatility to play multiple positions on either side of the ball, and he hasn’t figured out what the future holds for him in regards to that issue.

“On defense, a lot of schools are looking at me as a safety,” Jefferson said. “Miami is contemplating if they should put the weight on me and stick me at weakside linebacker. Actually that’s an option a lot of schools are thinking about with me but most schools just want me at safety right now. Florida wants me at running back or safety and most of the PAC-10 schools want me at running back. I can’t tell what position I want to be based on just high school because college is a different level.”
 7 years ago '05        #6586
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
what f**kin games is this dude watching??, with the exception of the oklahoma and ga tech game...we been pretty wack on defense this yr
 7 years ago '04        #6587
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
what f**kin games is this dude watching??, with the exception of the oklahoma and ga tech game...we been pretty wack on defense this yr
... maybe he only watched those two games

which is a good thing, i would't want him to see our defense getting ripped for 33 first downs and 500 yds of offense by a below .500 team
 7 years ago '05        #6588
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

whos the genius behind this...now we gatta throw up the roc/dynasty signs to make the U
 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM         #6589
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why didn't they go with the Green and orange camo on the glove itself? (I'm guessing that's what it is supposed to be, camo.) And I agree you could have positioned the "U" to when you throw up the U it makes the U. <<< That made alotta sense didn't it lol
 7 years ago '06        #6590
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
we better blow VA out

point blank period

i know we got mad injuries but we should win by 17 points or more

7 years ago '04        #6591
booie4 
space
space
$4,870 | Props total: 582 582
i don't know why, but i have a strange feeling about this game.
 7 years ago '07        #6592
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
you not the only one

i still got faith tho

it depends on which hurricanes show up on the field

i hope its the one ready to buss a.ss for 4 qtrs
 7 years ago '04        #6593
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
Lets Go Canes !

and R.I.P. to Bryan Pata...i cant believe its been 3 years on this day.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #6594
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
yesssir gameday...leaving work now to get some early tailgating

Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia views on tailgating

"Grrrraaain alcohol baby, whenever theres a potential riot, I'm gettin blasted on grain alcohol"
 7 years ago '04        #6595
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Good Win. We came out corrected our mistakes on D from the last two weeks and played good ball

and Keion Payne CB from STA went public
 7 years ago '04        #6596
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
some say keion payne is better in coverage than lamarcus joyner
 7 years ago '05        #6597
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
Who? never heard of him....
 7 years ago '04        #6598
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
Who? never heard of him....
one of the cb's from #1 Hs team in STA. probably the best pure cb on the team.
 7 years ago '07        #6599
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
good a.ss win

we rollin

7 years ago '04        #6600
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
and Wake's beating Gt right now..which is good as hell..because if thats the case..we win out we play for ACC title
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago