Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #641
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 dade4sho said:
this trend has to stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes it does..but dont sweat this. we gone get our guy.

Robert Marve...Mr.Florida Football
 10 years ago '04        #642
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
any new news on Mavre

signing day is in 2 weeks?
 10 years ago '04        #643
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
any new news on Mavre

signing day is in 2 weeks?
he meets with our OC on Thursday, goes to Hawaii that weekend and announces that tuesday or wendsday

any body caught word on Deonte Thompson down there.

his coach said he will commit next week.
 10 years ago '04        #644
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
nah but he should be saying something by the end of this week^^

n yeah no sh*t i dunno why the U be losing QB recruits... but i do hope Marve commits cuz he's the truth.

MAN SO WHO THE SURPRISE RECRUIT IS ??? fu*k!
 10 years ago '04        #645
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE=Cap Peeler;8748023]nah but he should be saying something by the end of this week^^

n yeah no sh*t i dunno why the U be losing QB recruits... but i do hope Marve commits cuz he's the truth.

Damn by the way, that schedule looks pretty tough

at Oklahoma, Florida State in midseason, i like that cuz that way the teams aren't that raw in the first game of the season. At Virginia Tech, Maryland... hope dem boys get dat swagger back and spank dem a.sses.
 01-25-2007, 10:09 AM         #646
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Yazoo City (MS) High School WR Ronnie Tubbs won't have a qualifying test score by signing day.

The best he's done on the ACT is a 16. He needs an 18. Tubbs says he'll re-take the test Feb. 10, so he doesn't plan on inking anywhere on signing day.

When he gets his score back two weeks later, if he has an 18, he says he wants to be a Hurricane.

"Miami's just waiting for me to take the ACT," he said. "If I make the score I plan to sign with Miami. That's the school I wanted to go to since when I was growing up."

Tubbs could be a quality late signee for UM.

He had 64 receptions for 864 yards and 16 touchdowns this year and had 54 catches for 834 yards and 14 scores as a junior.

"My coaches say I remind them of Jerry Rice," he says.

Tubbs is being recruited by Joe Pannunzio.

"I told him I'll be going there," Tubbs said. "He said he'd love to have me down there, said I'm one of the best receivers they're recruiting right now."

Tubbs lists a 2.5 grade-point average.
 01-25-2007, 10:09 AM         #647
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 25, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Leonard Hankerson bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School WR and Cane commitment Leonard Hankerson was planning on taking his official visit to Miami this weekend.

But he changed his plans based on a close friend.

"[Safety prospect and teammate] Major Wright is coming the next weekend, and I want to go the same time as Major," Hankerson said. "I changed it to the next week."

Hankerson says that will be the only official visit he takes this recruiting season.

He is a solid Hurricane commitment.

So perhaps his biggest job for UM from now until signing day will be trying to convince Wright that Coral Gables is the right place for both of them.

"Me and Major are real good friends," Hankerson said. "We've known each other ever since high school.

"I never tell him where he should go, but we talk about things."
 01-25-2007, 10:10 AM         #648
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 24, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Christian Tupou bioVideo highlights

Sacramento (CA) Grant High School DL/OL Christian Tupou hopes to be on Miami's campus this weekend.

And he hopes to be a Cane on signing day.

But it all depends on whether UM offers him a scholarship.

"I don't know if they'll offer me yet," Topou said. "[Coach Jeff Stoutland] said he's going to call me up and tell me if I have an offer.

"He's saying `We're really interested in you, want you on both sides of the ball.'"

Tupou played both ways in high school but says he prefers to play defense -- "D end or outside linebacker," he says.

He says, if he gets a UM offer, "Most likely I'll wind up there."

He says if all his favorites offer that Miami would be on top.

He has Fresno State and USC as his other frontrunners -- he's waiting on an offer from USC and has one from Fresno State.

Why does he favor the Hurricane?

"It's because of the people Miami sends to the league," he says. "Warren Sapp, Sean Taylor, Ray Lewis -- all those guys have something in common, and that's that they are from Miami."

Tupou got a taste of what the South Florida area is like when he was invited to an all-star game in Ft. Lauderdale earlier this month.

"It was really nice," he says.

The 6-foot-4, 280-pounder with 4.9-second speed played defensive tackle this year and had 105 tackles and six sacks.

As a junior he led the area with 19.5 sacks while playing defensive end.

"He's a three year starter for us, was Defensive Player of the Year in the area," said Grant High School coach Mike Alberghini, whose team finished undefeated and was ranked No. 3 in California. "He's been an All-Area player two years in a row, was First Team All-State for us.

"He's a ferocious player, is going to be a good player at the next level. He's already been offered by most of the Pac-10 schools. Everyone coast to coast on the West Coast likes him. USC is making a late push for him. His upside is great. He's a great student, great kid. He's a very strong kid, gets off the ball extremely well."

* Tupou's teammate, WR Jevon Stallworth, is also waiting on a Miami offer and could visit this weekend if he gets one.
 01-25-2007, 10:11 AM         #649
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 24, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jabaal Sheard bioVideo highlights

Hollywood Hills (Fla.) High School DE Jabaal Sheard has a visit date for Miami set up for this weekend.

But Sheard says he doesn't have a solid Hurricane offer just yet.

"I was talking to coach (Clint) Hurtt, and he said he's going to come by the school to let me know (about an offer)," Sheard said. "But they want me to come up there. They want to get my transcripts before offering."

Sheard says he expects to be fully qualified, but he still has work to do to make his grades.

So far he has visited Pittsburgh, Auburn and Rutgers. He says he may take one more visit next weekend, but he hasn't set anything up yet.

"I just want to take all my visits," Sheard said.

He lists a top three of Miami, Pittsburgh and Rutgers.

Does he have a favorite?

"If Miami offers they'd be a little ahead," he said. "I think Miami will offer, but who knows?"

Sheard finished his senior year with 11 sacks at defensive end.

"I get compared to Jason Taylor by my coaches and teammates," he said.
 01-25-2007, 10:12 AM         #650
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 24, 2007

Related Links:
Josh Miller bio

Palatka (Fla.) athlete Josh Miller says the Hurricanes are recruiting him as a wide receiver.

He lists a Cane offer, and he's set up a visit for Super Bowl weekend.

"Miami's neck and neck with Louisville," he said. "If I love my visit to Miami I'll commit on the spot."

He already visited Louisville Dec. 17.

A 6-foot-3, 183-pounder who ran a 4.37-second time at the UF summer camp, Miller played quarterback this past season and threw for 600 yards while rushing for 850 more.

What does he want in a college?

"I'm looking for something that fits me -- the players and coaching staff being behind me," he says.

Miller's primary recruiter at UM is Marquis Mosely.

"He's been in touch with me, recruiting me," Miller said. "He's a down-to-earth guy. He lets me know how they are at Miami."

Miller has spoken once so far with coach Randy Shannon and expects an in-home visit from him in the near future.

"I think coach Shannon is supposed to come this week or next week to talk with me and my family," Miller said.

Miller says South Florida also remains in the hunt, although UM and Louisville are his leaders.

Of UM's chance to land him in the end, Miller says, "They have a real big chance."

Miller says he is still waiting on a qualifying test score.

"I'm very close," he said.

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 01-25-2007 at 12:31 PM..
 01-25-2007, 10:15 AM         #651
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"It's because of the people Miami sends to the league," he says. "Warren Sapp, Sean Taylor, Ray Lewis -- all those guys have something in common, and that's that they are from Miami."
YESSIR

theres something in the water in coral gables, florida

lets not forget Vilma, Shockey, Winslow, Edge, Portis, Willis, Gore, D.J., Reggie Wayne, Santana, Andre, the list goes on

do what you do kid and you will be an upper 1st round pick in 2013
 01-25-2007, 01:37 PM         #652
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 25, 2007

Chad Simmons
UGASports.com

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Rivals100 jumbo-athlete Allen Bailey has had four finalists for months now and has taken three official visits already. He has talked things over with coaches and has now eliminated one school. This is breaking news and you can find out who his final three schools are right here.

Allen Bailey eliminated UGA Thursday morning.
"Allen has eliminated Georgia," said McIntosh County Academy linebacker coach Ben Turner. "He has just called and let Georgia know that he will not visit them this weekend and that he has eliminated them."

It is now down to three schools.

"Alabama, Florida, and Miami are still in the mix," Coach Turner said. "Miami visited him today and Florida was in here yesterday."

Many thought Georgia was the team to beat, but that is not the case.

"It was a real shock to a lot of us. He must feel that he fits better in other schemes as a linebacker."

Bailey is a 6-foot-3, 270-pound athlete that wants to play middle linebacker in college. Right now he plans to commit around signing day.
 10 years ago '04        #653
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh

let's getttttttttt it
 10 years ago '04        #654
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
word is Bailey and the LB from Jacksonville, Hicks are both Silent Commitments. so Shhh...
 01-25-2007, 08:01 PM         #655
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 25, 2007

Miami's new offensive coordinator appears to have scored a touchdown on his first recruiting play for UM.

He spent in excess of three hours late this afternoon speaking with Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School record-setting quarterback Robert Marve, Marve's parents and coach.

The high school coach, Robert Weiner, said, "It went really well. I got a chance to get some time with coach Nix and (Joe) Pannunzio. I talked about some concerns I had, Robert came in and watched film with them -– Robert loves watching film and getting feedback from the coaches.

"His parents then came and asked some questions. Then the parents talked with Pannunzio while Robert, coach Nix and myself got down to talking some good football for about an hour. It was a great visit."

Weiner said Nix was very impressive throughout the visit.

"He is a knowledgeable football coach and, most importantly to Robert, his family and me – it was important to establish a relationship with him because Robert will be spending most of his time with coach Nix (if Marve chooses Miami)."

Marve is expected to announce his decision at a press conference at his school next Wednesday. He is visiting Hawaii this weekend and won't return home until late Monday night.

Marve is choosing between Alabama, where he committed before Mike Shula was fired, Miami and Hawaii.

Weiner said Nix helped Miami's cause.

"I think he's a quality, quality human being and coach," Weiner said. "Before (the visit by Nix) there was still an unknown factor about Miami. There were questions Robert needed to get answered. Now Robert got them answered."[/RIGHT]
 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM         #656
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna see Bailey, Major Wright and Thompson in a hurricane uniform next year
 10 years ago '04        #657
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
major wright is coming..... i got a feeling
 01-25-2007, 08:10 PM         #658
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
COTT DAMN @ a 270 pound college LB'er :jawdrop:
 10 years ago '04        #659
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
i dont know about Major Wright...kid is hard to read.

but look for

Demarcus VanDyke
Robert Marve
Allen Bailey
Brandon Hicks
Deonte Thompson

to end up in this class.

with a possibility of Joe Nicholas as well.
 01-25-2007, 08:45 PM         #660
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why are none of these recruits qualified yet they should have been taking the ACT their jounior year ?? am i right or wrong someone explain this to me please.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy