NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6561
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Clements committed to the U :applause:

Well supposedly he was a silent before the season started.
 7 years ago '04        #6562
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,790 | Props total: 1395 1395
lol we gotta have more RB's and WR's than anybody in the country
 7 years ago '06        #6563
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12018 12018
talent talent talent talent talent talent at those positions

:wow: :wow: :wow:

now lets close sticks at wideout and call it day
 7 years ago '06        #6564
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Miami Booker T. Washington running back Eduardo Clements silently committed to the University of Miami prior to the start of the 2009 football season. He knew that he wanted to be a Hurricane but also figured he would experience the show business that has become major college recruiting. Clements visualized himself in front of rolling television cameras and bright lights on National Signing Day, a crowd of reporters sitting in the audience with his hushed classmates, awaiting word on which school was his choice.

But there was one thing Clements didn't realize, and that was the degree of commotion in a kid's life that recruiting creates - constant phone calls and questions, hundreds of people looking for insight into what he might be thinking. That craziness, as much as anything, is why Clements decided Tuesday morning that he would publicly proclaim his allegiance to the Hurricanes, revealing that he will become the fourth back in a priority position for Miami in the 2010 signing class.

"It's bittersweet because there are so many great people and coaches that I met through the recruiting process," Clements said. "But at the same time I am excited about being a Hurricane and am really happy to get it all over with. When I silently committed, I thought a lot of the commotion would settle down. But it didn't. So now it is time to let everyone know what I am doing."

Clements joins Darion Hall, Storm Johnson and Maurice Hagens in the signing class. But he said he isn't the least bit concerned about the competition he will face, that he expects it to make him a better player and a better person.

"Every school has competition. Every school has top running backs," Clements said. "I am a guy who will come in and work hard. If that doesn't get me on field, it just means I have to work harder.

"The competition will make me a better player and more of a team player. It will make me more humble. I have to give praise to anyone in front of me because that will mean they are a good player who can pick up blitzes and do little things better than me. It will make me work harder."

But make no mistake, Clements is a player loaded with confidence who feels someone will have to play extremely well to beat him out.

"I'm a running back who can do everything," Clements said. "I can run with the ball, catch passes. I'm a complete back."

Former high school teammates Brandon Harris, Thearon Collier and Davon Johnson a.ssisted in getting Clements to Miami, but Clements said none of those present Hurricanes pressured him.

"They were a big part of my recruiting, but they told me don't just follow us, do what is best for you," Clements said. "I have looked up to Brandon since my ninth grade year. Just looking at what he has achieved at UM makes me want to follow in his footsteps. I want to do the things he is doing. And I see big things coming for the Hurricanes. We would have been No. 7 without the loss to Clemson. I think we will end up in a big bowl this year and then even bigger things will happen next year. I'm very excited."
 7 years ago '05        #6565
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,665 | Props total: 3775 3775
At DA UUUUUUUUUUUUUu gettin FSU leftovers......lmaoooo....half them n*ggaz gon transfer after not gettin the PT they was promised
 7 years ago '06        #6566
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
After taking a pair of visits to Notre Dame, rumors swirled that Jacksonville Raines High School DT Louis Nix was considering a decommitment from Miami.

So what does Nix have to say about that?

"Right now Miami is where I plan to go," he said.

Asked how much Notre Dame is in the picture, Nix sad, "There's no way I can put it. I don't even know."

That's because Nix says "I haven't been worrying about it too much. I'm worrying about my senior year. When my season's over I'll worry about it.

"I told everybody I'm just calming down about the recruiting."

Asked if he still should be listed as a Hurricane commitment, Nix said, "I'm still considered a commitment."

He says he hasn't spoken with college coaches much recently.

"I haven't talked to Miami coaches in about two weeks," he said. "This whole month has been district games, so I've been staying to myself. I have school. All that college stuff can wait."

Nix said he will take his Cane official visit after his season ends.

So far this year he has over 60 tackles and eight sacks.
:rasta:
 7 years ago '06        #6567
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Junior G said:
At DA UUUUUUUUUUUUUu gettin FSU leftovers......lmaoooo....half them n*ggaz gon transfer after not gettin the PT they was promised
FSU left overs?

fsu has nobody commited this year

since you like to go with star rankings so much

RIVALS DOSENT EVEN HAVE FSU IN THE TOP 30 in the TEAM RANKINGS!!!

WE IN THE TOP 10 EVEN WITH RIVALS LONG HISTORY OF SHORT CHANGING CANE RECRUITS WHO'VE GONE ON TO SHYT ON THEM

now you tell me who won???:owned:
 7 years ago '04        #6568
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
that's 2 4-star running backs in less than a week:applause:

shannon's recruiting swag >>>

meanwhile FSU is battling with Bethune Cookman and FAMU for commits

Last edited by madness; 11-03-2009 at 03:39 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #6569
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 madness said:

meanwhile FSU is battling with Bethune Cookman and FAMU for commits
dont forget georgia southern

thats the only school there last recruit had any intrest whats so ever from
 7 years ago '04        #6570
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Collier Makes Clutch Catches At Wake Forest
Nov. 3, 2009

By: David Lake

Thearon Collier
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Sophomore wide receiver Thearon Collier was Mr. Clutch for the Miami offense last week at Wake Forest.

Collier made three big catches on two drives that led to touchdowns on his way to a 78 yards receiving game.

The biggest catch Collier made during the game came on 3rd-and-10 from their own 18 yard line on UM’s final offensive drive.

Quarterback Jacory Harris lofted a high pass out to him on the sideline and Collier jumped higher than the Wake Forest defensive back and came down with the ball for a 29 yard gain.

That play kept the drive alive and allowed Miami to score the game winning touchdown.

“It was a real scary night on Halloween night for us,” Collier said. “We had to make a play on the last drive to win the game and I was able to make a play to keep that drive going. Big time players step up in big time games and that’s what I did to come down with the catch.

Collier’s catch was impressive because he attacked the ball against Wake Forest cornerback Josh Bush, who has at least three inches on him.

“It was a very high throw and I am only 5-feet-8 and on the scouting report their cornerback stands 6-feet-2, so I had to be the bigger man and go up and catch the jump ball. I had to show my 32 inch vertical leap and come down with the catch.”

Collier said he never lost faith while the Miami offense was working down the field on that final drive and he had the feeling somebody would make a play.

“We never lost faith,” Collier said. “Jacory is an awesome quarterback and we have a very talented group of receivers with LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson, Travis Benjamin, Aldarius Johnson, and me. They all step up in big games when we need them and they did on that drive.”

Collier also made two clutch catches for Miami on their final drive going into halftime. Miami took the ball with a little over a minute left in the second quarter at their own 36 yard line. On the first play of that drive Harris hit Collier for a 29-yard gain that set the tone for the rest of the drive.

Then Collier caught a 12-yard pass that got the offense down to the three yard line and set up a touchdown run by Damien Berry before the half.

“That was a tough situation that we were in,” Collier said. “We needed to get some points there because we were down 20-7 and I was able to make two clutch catches on that drive and we were able to strike them before halftime and then come out in the second half motivated and ready to roll.”

Collier has totaled 12 catches for 201 yards this season and has also returned seven punts for 81 yards, including a 61 yard touchdown. Collier says he is happy with the way he has played this year.

“I am really happy and motivated by the way I have been playing this year,” Collier said. “I really feel like I can make an impact on special teams with returning punts and with receiver I just know things a lot better this year, so I have improved there and been able to make some clutch catches.”

This week Miami is matched up against a Virginia defense that allows just 175 passing yards per game. Virginia features two starting corners in Chris Cook and Ras-I Dowling who stand 6-feet-2. Collier expects for the Virginia game to be physical for the receivers because of the size of their defensive backs.

“They have a very physical defense and they match our size that we have at receiver,” Collier said. “We don’t really have that size advantage over them this week, but we are very fast and athletic, so hopefully we can make plays for us to come out with the victory.”
 7 years ago '04        #6571
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Shannon Cuts Practice Time
Nov. 3, 2009

By: Christopher Stock

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Head coach Randy Shannon has decided to cut practice time.

Fresh off a 28-27 win over Wake Forest, the Hurricanes, now 6-2 (3-2 in the ACC), will only practice one hour a day the rest of the season instead of the typical two-hour practice they have been having.

"(I changed it) to keep guys fresher," Shannon said. "Right now it is all mental. At offensive line, there's only so many combo blocks, mike-will blitzes that you can see so they have to be fresh and sharp. We are going to run those same blitzes in practice, but as far as staying out there for a two-hour practice, no, we are going to go one hour each day and get a lot of things done, it's going to be fast."

In addition to changing to one-hour practices, Shannon has decided to changed Tuesday practices from 5:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., which not everyone received notice of as four security guards showed up around 5 a.m.

The team will continue to practice at 5:45 a.m. on Wednesdays and 2:45 p.m. on Thursdays with walkthroughs on Friday and Sunday and a day off on Monday.

"We practice for an hour, but it is quick tempo, no time off, no breaks, nothing like that and no water breaks, it's kind of good for us," cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke said. "

Shannon said his decision comes from his time with the Miami Dolphins, where he spent three years (1998-2000).

He is hoping that cutting practice time will help the team down the stretch after losing the final three games last season and the final four the previous year.

"Last year we were at this point and we were young and I thought we needed the reps last year, a standard two-hour practice, and I think it got to us at the end of the season," Shannon said. "Now we are a year older, a year more experienced and I think it will help us out. I think it will give us a fresh mind going into a game."

The 16th-ranked Hurricanes are preparing to face Virginia (3-5, 2-2) on Saturday with their first noon game. Miami is 3-2 against Virginia since joining the ACC in 2004 including a 24-17 overtime win last season.

Athletic director Kirby Hocutt said that there are over 60,000 tickets that have been sold due to homecoming and employee day.

Now, it is just a matter of getting people to show up.
 7 years ago '04        #6572
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Press Conference News & Notes: 11/3
Nov. 3, 2009

By: David Lake

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- After a come from behind 28-27 win over Wake Forest last week, No.16 Miami is preparing for their game on Saturday against the Virginia Cavaliers.

Miami's homecoming is this week as the Hurricanes look to improve their ACC record to 4-2.

Read here for the news and notes leading up to this week’s game.

Shannon Opening Statement

“We have a twelve o’clock game against Virginia, it is a homecoming game and another ACC game. It will be a tremendous game for us because it is a home game and it is a game where we have to come out and play very well. When you watch Virginia on tape, they are a team that plays hard. We have to get better as a whole unit. We have some injuries right now, but it is part of the game. We are not the same team that we were earlier in the season. In the first four games we had some guys on the roster that were healthy. Right now those guys are out and we need some other guys to step up.”

News & Notes

• Virginia has changed their offensive scheme since the beginning of the year and become more of a conservative offense that will try and out execute a defense. “They have changed their offense from the beginning of the season,” Shannon said. “They were going four or five receivers in the game. Now they are going back to smash mouth football where they have boots and nekkid quarterbacks on the edge with tight end crosses. You know what you are going to get from them, but you just have to out execute him.”

• The Virginia defense is particularly strong in the red-zone, Shannon said. “When they get in the red-zone they are not giving up touchdowns, they are giving up field goals,” Shannon said. “We have to execute offensively and score touchdowns.”

• With the Miami injury list long at this point in the season, Shannon says it just depends on how players heal as to when they will come back and play. “We have some guys out with some injuries that it takes a while to come back,” Shannon said. “Some guys are just out and it just depends on the body to heal. We have some guys out that whenever the body wants to heal, then they will be back.”

• Shannon has been impressed with the play of the tight ends recently, particularly with how they are blocking and picking up blitzes. “Everybody talks about the fourth down play that we completed,” Shannon said. “If that tight end doesn’t protect like he did and go out to help out somebody else, we would have lost the game. It ain’t the point of the tight ends catching the ball, it is what they are doing to help us win games. You see Tervaris Johnson making blocks to score that touchdown run.”

“If you take [Johnson’s] catch, block, and protection, that got us three touchdowns. Those were three vital points that helped us.”

• Defensive lineman Allen Bailey continued his dominant play against Wake Forest. Shannon highlighted Joe Joseph and Olivier Vernon as defensive linemen who have also done a good job of getting pressure on the quarterback.

• Shannon on the linebackers and how they are doing in pass coverage: “We don’t have many linebackers on the roster now, but it is not the linebackers it is not everybody,” Shannon said.

• Late in the game against Wake Forest, the defense put in more defensive backs in the place of linebackers because Wake was using the tight ends and running backs a lot in the passing game. “That was a package that we felt like we needed to do that week,” Shannon said. “People are starting to flex the tight end out who are giving four wide receiver sets and that gave us an opportunity to get another defensive back in the game in those situations.”

• Shannon changed the Tuesday practice time from 5:45 AM to 3 PM. Shannon said the practice time change will keep the team more fresh. “We changed practice times and from now on it will be a little different,” Shannon said. “It will keep them fresher. They are going to go out there for an hour each day and get a lot of things done. It is going to be fast now, a lot of fast movement.” More on Shannon cutting practice

• Miami allowed 555 total yards against Wake Forest. Shannon says he is more concerned about the points UM allows. Miami allowed just seven points in the second half. ZS“It is a concern, but I worry about points and what gives you a chance to win the game,” Shannon said.

• Damien Berry has scored a touchdown in each of the last four games. Shannon on the play of Berry: “He has been good in short yardage and goal line type of back and in the four minute offense,” Shannon said. “Damien is getting his opportunities and he is capitalizing on them. If he gets in those situations he knows that we have confidence in him getting tough yardage and getting into the end-zone.”

• Fullback Pat Hill is a player that Shannon would still like to bring back at some point this season when he becomes healthy. “We’d love to have him back, but he is just not ready yet.”
 7 years ago '04        #6573
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
RB Hall Reacts to Commitment
Nov. 3, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Darion Hall
Naples Lely running back Darion Hall became the first to commit at his position when he made his pledge to Miami all the way back on June 10th.

Hall (6-0, 200) received the news yesterday that a fellow running back had joined him in Georgia product Storm Johnson.

How did he react?

“Well I didn’t know he committed but that’s good news,” Hall said. “You were the first to tell me but all I knew is that they were taking two and I was one of them. I wasn’t sure who the other one would be but now I believe that’s it and they won’t take any more. I feel like by getting him (Johnson) there’s going to be more competition. We’ll have more talent and if there’s too much, we can move everything around and shift things a little.”

Hall added that he feels that Coach Robinson has been doing a pretty good job of recruiting him since his commitment over the summer.

“I think the last time I talked with him was sometime before the Wake Forest game, maybe a couple weeks ago,” Hall said. “They’ve been calling me pretty often this season to see how I’m doing and see how I’m playing.”

Hall has enjoyed watching the current Miami running backs this season, and feels he has the best connection with Javarris James.

“I think they’re really talented so I have a lot of respect for those guys because they run hard,” Hall said. “I sort of know Javarris James because he’s from my part of town so I can relate with him a little bit more than I can with (Graig) Cooper.”

Hall mentioned that he continues to hear from Florida State and West Virginia even though they acknowledge he’s still a Cane commit. He’s still unsure if he’ll be taking any more official visits besides a trip to Miami.

Through nine games, Hall has carried 113 times for 806 yards and 5 touchdowns, a big drop from his junior year where he had 169 carries for 1791 yards and 23 touchdowns.

“Well we’ve had a young offensive line to begin with but they’re picking it up more now,” Hall said. “I’ve played good enough for the team to win some games but I should have did a lot better. I think what I said about the offensive line is the biggest thing why I’m not playing as good as I did last year.”

Lely is sitting on a 6-3 record, but their matchup on Friday against Collier will determine who wins the district championship.

“If we win this game on Friday, we’re in the playoffs and it’s all good,” Hall said. “It’s a real important game because they know we beat them 42-21 last year and they need the win this year. They’re going to come in and try to beat us but we’re not going to go out without a f!ght.”
 11-03-2009, 07:06 PM         #6574
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seeing how I'm sure Michaelee Harris will be a Cane..

would like to see em close it out with..

Lemonier
Sticks
Linder
Payne
Hurns

probably forgetting a few..
 7 years ago '05        #6575
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
UM: Defense will still be short-handed against Virginia

By JORGE MILIAN

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

CORAL GABLES The University of Miami's struggling defense will have to play again without starting linebacker Sean Spence when the Hurricanes host Virginia on Saturday, coach Randy Shannon said Tuesday.

Joining Spence on the sideline, Shannon said, are reserve defensive end Eric Moncur and safeties Ray Ray Armstrong and JoJo Nicolas. All four players missed last week's 28-27 victory against Wake Forest with undisclosed injuries.

Shannon said starting tailback Javarris James, who also missed the Wake Forest game, might play Saturday depending on how he practiced this week.

Without Spence and the other injured defenders, the 16th-ranked Hurricanes (6-2, 3-2 ACC) gave up 555 yards of total offense and 408 passing yards to the Demon Deacons. The passing total was the third-highest against UM in school history. In its past two games, UM has allowed 965 yards of total offense.

The injuries have hit UM hardest at linebacker, where depth already was short. Spence injured his left knee against Clemson. The Hurricanes also are missing Jordan Futch, the top reserve linebacker who sustained a season-ending knee injury against Florida A&M on Oct. 10.

"We've got to do a great job of coaching the guys that we have at those positions," Shannon said. "The injuries, you wish you wouldn't have them. But if injuries come, you have to get other guys to step up."

Starting fullback Patrick Hill will be sidelined for the fifth consecutive game Saturday, but Shannon said he hopes to have the senior back before the end of the regular season.
 7 years ago '04        #6576
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
dont forget georgia southern

thats the only school there last recruit had any intrest whats so ever from
lmao I went to school at georgia southern

If a FSU recruit is really scratching his head choosing between Tally and Statesboro, then FSU :hang:

7 years ago '06        #6577
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 The Lefty said:
Seeing how I'm sure Michaelee Harris will be a Cane..

would like to see em close it out with..

Lemonier
Sticks
Linder
Payne
Hurns

probably forgetting a few..
theres an article in ITU about tony jeffrson blue chip and joshua shaw blue ship both planning officials down here and they set the dates

can anybody with in an inside the U account post the articles about these two

7 years ago '06        #6578
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
i got one of those articles... still want the tony jefferson one

joshua shaw blue chip cornerback :wow: :wow: :wow:

The University of Miami is making a serious run at Palmdale (Calif.) cornerback Joshua Shaw.

And Shaw is definitely interested.

On Tuesday, Shaw, the fourth-ranked cornerback in the country according to ESPN.com, cancelled his fifth and final official visit to Oklahoma scheduled for Nov. 13 on and instead will visit Miami on Dec. 11.

"Miami is definitely a team that will be playing for a national championship in no time," Shaw said. "Miami's playing pretty well. I've been watching them. The program is on the rise and it is pretty successful."

Shaw had been lobbying for interest from Miami, but had been exchanging phone call attempts back-and-forth with defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff to no avail until Saturday. Following UM's win over Wake Forest, McGriff talked with Shaw before boarding the plane.

"It's the first time that we've really talked," said Shaw, who will graduate in December. "We had been playing phone tag. We hit it off pretty well. He seemed like sometone I would enjoy playing for. He was telling me that they want to offer me. He asked me for my address and the offer will be coming in the mail this week."

Shaw, an Under Armour All-American, is definitely glad to hear from UM.

"It's the 'U', how could I not be excited. I'm real hyped about it," Shaw said.

Miami already has five committed cornerbacks in the 2010 class and McGriff was honest with Shaw about the competition.

"When we talked Saturday, he talked about how I can help," Shaw said. "He's a real honest dude. He said, 'it's Miami, you are going to have the best there and it is really up to the individual as far as playing time.' I know that if you go to the 'U', you better be good. He talked to me about the depth chart and how they have a junior and a true sophomore starting and a lot of the time, they play seven defensive backs, which is good."

When asked if he is worried about the competition, Shaw replied, "Nope, not at all. I feel the best man will get the job."

Being promised playing time by coaches trying to recruit Shaw is not something he likes.

"I never want to be promised playing time," he said. "I know that's untrue because they don't know too much about me and they can't say I can come in and start over someone who has been there for three years. I just want to come in and compete and coming in early helps."

In addition to McGriff's interest as the two talked Saturday and Sunday, UM head coach Randy Shannon will speak with Shaw on Wednesday.

Shaw's four official visits were to Ohio State (9/11) , Florida (9/18), LSU (10/9), and Notre Dame (10/16).

This season, he has also taken unofficial trips to USC, twice, Washington, and is headed to Florida this upcoming weekend.

"I'm going back to Florida for an unofficial trip because my official visit was cut short. My parents and I flew in, watched the game, then went to sleep that night and left the next morning."

In the spring, he took unofficial trips to Oregon, Ohio State, and Washington. He's also been to UCLA, but has not been to a game yet this year.

Shaw will make his announcement public at the Under Armour All-American game on January 2.

This season, Shaw has not seen many passes in his direction, but has managed to intercept two passes. He's also returned a kick and punt for a touchdown for 6-2 Palmdale, a Division III school.

this kid is a problem... true freshman type impact check his film :rasta:
 7 years ago '04        #6579
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
shaw is a shannon-type corner, tall, strong, physical - GET HIM IN THIS CLASS!!
 7 years ago '07        #6580
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
damn these injuries are k!ller

more PT for other people tho

all the talent thats about to be on this team next yr :wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Fresh Prince otw to Netflix
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago