Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Gamestop offered him $8.62 for 17 games 2 controllers and a Ps4 Pro
39 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cam responds
216 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Mase In Studio Video Recording 'The Oracle' Cam'ron Diss (Engineer Vibi..
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Blind date: She wants to meet at the gym and get Chipotle after... what do?
71 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #6521
booie4 
space
space
$5,238 | Props total: 1526 1526
Anyone have his highlights or stats from last season. Talking about the QB
 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM         #6522
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hurricanes reportedly to take only one RB in 2011 Class

Apr 29, 2010

Abilene (TX) High School RB Herschel Sims spoke recently with Hurricane coaches.

"They said they liked my tape and to get to their summer camp so they can see me in person and increase my chance of getting an offer," Sims said. "I'm going to try to go to the camp - that's the only place I'd go to a camp that's so far, because I'm so interested in the school. They said to keep working hard, and they told me they're only taking one running back (in this class)."

Sims says he grew up a big Hurricane fan.

"It's the first college team I ever watched," he said. "Since Willis McGahee played I always wanted to go to Miami. Willis' wife was from Abilene - her dad went to my church.

"If Miami offers, that's going to be my No. 1 school."

So far Sims lists 13 offers, including the likes of Texas A&M, USC, Oklahoma State and Notre Dame.

Among schools that have offered, Sims lists USC, Oklahoma State and TCU as his frontrunners.

"I want to wait as long as possible to decide, but at the same time I don't want someone to fill up all their spots," Sims said. "Like Oklahoma filled their spots - they called last week to say they didn't have a scholarship for me anymore.

"if Miami hasn't offered by the time the football season starts, then they're not going to offer so I'll start looking elsewhere."

As a junior Sims ran for 2,300 yards and 40 touchdowns. He also had 30 receptions for over 400 yards.

"I get compared to Emmitt Smith in my playing style, but I like to think of myself as Adrian Peterson without the fumbles," Sims said.
 04-29-2010, 02:25 PM         #6523
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Glades Central coach Jessie Hester sees three good fits for WR Kelvin Benjamin
by Jason Lieser
Any college football program in the nation could find use for Glades Central WR Kelvin Benjamin, but his head coach said he needs to be careful about going to a school that thrives on a spread offense.

Although Benjamin said he has not started narrowing his list of possible destinations, Raiders coach Jessie Hester believes Alabama, Miami and Florida State are three of his best options.

“There’s some really good programs outside the state that suit his style, particularly Alabama and the pro set those guys run,” Hester said. “I like the University of Miami offense and Florida State as well. They have a real pro-type offense that will suit him really well.”

Benjamin (6-5, 215, No. 3 on The Big Board ) has offers from the big three in-state schools and powerhouses around the country. Hester said several college football coaches have referred to him as “a program-changer.”

Because he is so highly coveted, it seems unlikely Benjamin will be pressured into an early commitment.

“There’s no rush or need for that,” Hester said. “The pressure the coaches may try to put on him is a smoke screen. If you tell that guy you want to come there a year later, that coach is going to welcome you with open arms.

“He has that type of talent. He’s in the driver’s seat. Most kids don’t have that card to play, but he most definitely does and he should take advantage of that.”

For his part, Benjamin seems to be patient about the process. He said he does not have a top-10 list and will probably wait until the summer to figure out his finalists.

He said he is considering Florida, Florida State and Miami and they are all equal at this point. He also plans to make an official visit to Southern Cal.

Navigating the recruiting process could be an overwhelming chore for Benjamin, who has only traveled outside Florida once and did not start playing organized football until his sophomore year at Glades Central.

In 2009, playing alongside Division I signees Greg Dent and Demetrius Evans, Benjamin caught 24 passes for 606 yards and four touchdowns. He was second-team all-area.
 04-30-2010, 05:39 AM         #6524
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Age limit to shorten WR Kelvin Benjamin’s senior season at Glades Central
by Jason Lieser
Glades Central will not have star wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin for its final two regular season games, including the Muck Bowl, and the entirety of the playoffs.

The Florida High School Athletic a.ssociation does not allow students to participate in athletics once they hit the age of 19 years, 9 months. Benjamin will reach that limit in November, after the Raiders’ eighth regular season game.

“At that time of the year, to tell him, ‘You can’t play anymore,’ will be a serious blow,” Raiders coach Jessie Hester said. “That’s a serious emotional deal to see your fellow teammates continue on and you can’t help them.

“To not have his services during the most important time of the season is going to be crucial. That’s one position that we’ll be ok because of the talent that we have, but still, you can’t replace a kid like that.”

Glades Central coaches might have done the math any time over the past two years and figured this out, but Benjamin said he was unaware his age would be a problem until three weeks ago.

Benjamin (6-5, 215, No. 3 on The Big Board ) has offers from many major college football programs , including Florida, Miami, Florida State and Southern California. This is not expected to diminish his recruiting status.

He can appeal for an exemption to the policy, but Glades Central athletic director Henry Cook said it would be unlikely to succeed. Benjamin also has the option to transfer to a preparatory school for his senior year, which could allow him to play a full season.

“Kelvin and his parents need to sit down and discuss his options,” Cook said. “I have supplied them with other options and he needs to discuss that. We can’t make that decision for him. That’s a decision between his coach, him and his parents.

“It’s not the end of the world. There are several paths to get to where he wants to go.”

Hester said he believes Benjamin’s best option is to remain at Glades Central, but would understand if he opted for prep school.

Benjamin said he is considering all of his choices, but has not made a decision yet. He has not ruled out the possibility of leaving Glades Central at the end of the current school year.

“That’s life,” he said. “I’m still going to go to college and that’s my goal.”

Benjamin said he repeated third and seventh grade and also had a legal issue that kept him out of school. He declined to elaborate on that situation other than saying he “got in some trouble.”

Benjamin caught 24 passes for 606 yards and four touchdowns in 2009.

FHSAA bylaw 9.6.1 states that students are eligible for until the age of 19 years, 9 months. The day a student reaches that age, he or she is permanently ineligible. If the state playoffs begin prior to an athlete reaching that age, he or she is eligible for the remainder of the post-season.

In football, the FHSAA considers the date of the Monday tie-breaker events (following the ninth game of the season) as the official starting point of the playoffs, said a.ssociate Executive Director for Compliance and Eligibility Denarvise Thornton.

Thornton also said every state has an age limit in order to maintain a “level playing field.”
 8 years ago '06        #6525
Xaiv 149 heat pts149
space
space
$4,267 | Props total: 2173 2173
Yall Bums better handle Ohio State! Cuz I know we gon rock Oklahoma cuz thats how we do in Tally. Ya dig
 04-30-2010, 10:04 PM         #6526
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gretzky Brings a New Sport to the Family
Apr. 30, 2010

By: Nate Adelson

Trevor Gretzky

Quarterback Trevor Gretzky from Oaks Christian in Westlake Village, California, has a last name that anyone who knows anything about sports would recognize.

Trevor is the son of hockey legend Wayne Gretzky, and only started playing football three years ago after growing up a hockey player himself.

“I played hockey all growing up but I stopped that around middle school,” Gretzky said. “We lived in New York and I played a lot up there but when we moved out to California, it was all football and baseball. There is a universal business between sports and just living with my dad, he’s been giving me tips everyday. Even though he doesn’t play football, we don’t chalk talk, and he doesn’t know much about the actual game, he helps me a lot with game management.”

Gretzky (6-3, 180) has been the backup quarterback the last two years behind Washington signee and Under Armour All-American Nick Montana.

“It’s been a good experience backing up Nick and I still got to play like as much as him,” Gretzky said. “I would play every second half because we would usually blow teams out in the first half. Getting mental reps behind a guy like that and just learning the system I think will prepare me a lot for this year.”

Gretzky completed 23 out of 41 passes for 288 yards and 4 touchdowns with 1 interception to go with 13 carries for 44 yards.

“I’m pretty much a pro-style guy I think and I get the ball to the athletes so they can make plays,” Gretzky said. “We got a lot of talent here and all I have to do is be smart so I don’t turn the ball over. It’s been hard going back and forth with baseball and football so it takes a couple weeks to get back in the rhythm of things with my throwing motion.”

Oaks Christian has recently been one of the top California schools in producing recruits and Gretzky said it all starts with the coaching staff.

“It all starts with the coaching staff,” Gretzky said. “I got there freshman year and all the seniors were a big help so the senior leadership is great too for the young guys. Our coaches prepare us really well to mature into the role of being leaders as we get older.”

Gretzky is still looking for his first scholarship offer but he hopes it’s not too far off since a bunch of Pac-10 schools have been stopping by this spring to check in on him.

“A lot of schools are coming by Coach Redell’s office and I’ve been talking to them the past couple weeks,” Gretzky said. “Hopefully things will really get rolling this spring and over the summer. Arizona State is one that I like a lot, UCLA, California was here, most of the Pac-10 schools. I heard a lot from Miami during the season but I’m just going to work hard and hope that they’re still interested. I want to prove to them that I can play there so that’s one of my goals.”

Gretzky is obviously high on the Canes and he saw plenty of them in action throughout the 2009 season.

“I like the tradition they have and I grew up watching Miami so I love them,” Gretzky said. “The style of offense they run is awesome and all the coaches there seem like really cool guys. I watched a lot of their games last year and I think their quarterback, Jacory Harris, is pretty cool. He seems like a good guy and I like the way he plays.”
 05-01-2010, 09:55 PM         #6527
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"The top executive for the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game at the Georgia Dome said he would like to match Miami with Alabama (or if that doesn't happen, Auburn, Georgia or South Carolina) in 2012, with each participant getting $2.25 million. 'It's something we would be interested in,' UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt said." ~ Barry Jackson, Miami Herald
 8 years ago '04        #6528
booie4 
space
space
$5,238 | Props total: 1526 1526
I want Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and then South Carolina. In that order
 8 years ago '05        #6529
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,045 | Props total: 641 641
 The Lefty said:
"The top executive for the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game at the Georgia Dome said he would like to match Miami with Alabama (or if that doesn't happen, Auburn, Georgia or South Carolina) in 2012, with each participant getting $2.25 million. 'It's something we would be interested in,' UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt said." ~ Barry Jackson, Miami Herald
ahh s**t roadtrip!!!:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '05        #6530
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Expectations running high for Hurricanes’ Allen Baileyby Jorge Milian
No UM player will carry greater expectations into the 2010 season that defensive end Allen Bailey.

According to ESPN.com, SI.com and CBSSports.com, the hulking UM pass rusher will be one of the nation’s top players next season.
Allen Bailey led UM last season with 7 sacks. (Miami Herald)

ESPN.com’s Todd McShay projects Bailey as the 30th pick of the first round in 2011 NFL Draft. [One, though, has to wonder how familiar McShay is with Bailey considering that in his a.ssessment, the draft analyst writes that Bailey is a “former end” who is going into “his second full season at defensive tackle.” Actually, Bailey is a former defensive tackle going into his first full season at defensive end.]
SI.com’s Andrew Perloff has Bailey as the 29th-best prospect in next year’s draft while CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco is the most bullish on Bailey, rating him as the 10th-best NFL prospect.
If the above three projections are correct, Bailey would become the Hurricanes’ first No. 1 draft pick since Kenny Phillips in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Nobody doubts Bailey has the physical gifts to be one of college football’s top players. Bailey is listed as 6-foot-4 and 288 pounds with seemingly not an ounce of fat on his body. Ask any UM player or coach to name the team’s most gifted athlete and Bailey wins hands down. He power cleans 400 pounds, squats 570 pounds and bench presses 405. Last summer, Bailey vertical jumped 39 inches and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds.
But now, Bailey has to combine those enormous physical gifts with commensurate production.
Yes, Bailey has led the Hurricanes in sacks each of the past two seasons, but his combined two-year total of 12 hardly evokes visions of Jared Allen and Dwight Freeney.
Last season, Bailey piled up seven sacks in his first eight games, but was shut out over the Hurricanes’ final five games. Bailey did bounce between defensive tackle and end last season, but he played the final five games on the outside, which is the position he prefers.
A healthy Bailey who remains at defensive end all season should easily generate 10-12 sacks. UM hasn’t had a defensive end pile up double digits in sacks since Calais Campbell had 10.5 in 2006.
If Bailey can live up to expectations, UM could find itself in the ACC and national championship races. And Bailey could find himself getting picked in the first round by an NFL team next April.
 8 years ago '04        #6531
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 2776 2776
• The 2011 recruiting battle is heating up, and Miami Northwestern senior-to-be quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has emerged as UM's No. 1 priority, recruiting analyst Larry Blustein and others say.

Bridgewater, considered Florida's top quarterback and perhaps the nation's best dual-purpose one, could give UM an elite prospect to succeed Jacory Harris in 2012.

UM likes Stephen Morris and A.J. Highsmith, but Bridgewater is a far better prospect. ``He's more athletic than Jacory,'' Blustein said. ``He does things so effortlessly.'' Analyst Tom Lemming said Bridgewater ``could be special. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the country, as good or better than Jacory was coming out.''

Bridgewater, whose numerous offers include UM, UF, Alabama and LSU, said he will consider Miami -- ``they've been calling me a lot'' -- but has no front-runner. He has called the idea of succeeding Harris appealing, but said the large Northwestern presence on the UM team won't influence him.

He said key factors include academics and graduation rates and ``what schools are putting guys in the NFL.'' Top Northwestern receiver Eli Rogers said he and Bridgewater want to go to the same school and that Miami is a strong contender. UM might sign two quarterbacks and also is pursuing Arkansas-based Kiehl Frazier, whose top five includes UM and UF.

Among other local players UM has offered: defensive backs Jabari Gorman (Pace), Wayne Lyons (Dillard); defensive ends B.J. DuBose (Northeast), Anthony Rabasa (Columbus) and Johnathan Harris (Boynton Beach); receivers Rashad Greene and Phillip Dorsett (St. Thomas Aquinas); and Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens) tight end Nick O'Leary (Jack Nicklaus' grandson). Most players aren't close to deciding.

Coach Randy Shannon said UM will add 15 players or fewer, with receiver among priorities. Miami has two oral commitments: Vero Beach offensive lineman Marcus Jackson and Boston-area cornerback Albert Louis-Jean.

• a.ssessing UM off the air, ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit said, ``Legitimate maturity is missing. They want you to think they have swagger, but they show a lack of maturity. They need to show toughness and grit.'' But he's hopeful: ``This is a young team that will grow up in 2010.'' He added, ``Everyone is wondering if Randy is the right guy. How can you not question it at this point based on the numbers? Long-term, I believe he will prove he is.''

• Though Marcus Forston will start August practice on the third team, UM expects he will challenge spring sensation Micanor Regis, Curtis Porter and Josh Holmes for two starting defensive tackle jobs. Roommate Sean Spence tells us Forston, who redshirted with injures in '09, ``is real driven and can't wait to get back on the field. He talks about what he needs to do to be dominating. We talk all the time about it.''

• UM is eager to see the damage Lamar Miller will do on kickoff returns. Anytime he has the ball, ``no one behind me will catch me,'' he said. ``It won't happen. Once I get ahead of someone, it will be a touchdown. I'm second fastest on the team, behind Travis Benjamin.''
bridge and eli will end up staying at tha crib

watching lamar on kick returns will be fun:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '04        #6532
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
college football don't want it this year ..

we runnin' this b**ch :applause::applause:

lamar on kickoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and jeremy davis is close to being accepted too by admissions >>>>>>>>>>

a return team consisting of MillerTime, Jeremy Davis, TB, Collier or Thompkins :wow::wow:

n*ggas are bound to smoke teams like a mothaf**king blunt
 8 years ago '07        #6533
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,509 | Props total: 1133 1133
:dancingcool::dancingcool:

Its commin and i cant wait

Category 5
 8 years ago '05        #6534
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,947 | Props total: 6814 6814
Lonnie Clinton Pryor - Headed to hammer heads with Jacory Harris, Channing Crowder and D.J Boldin...world...

f**k is Lonnie doin chillin with a f*g like Jacory.....he probably tellin Jacory to throw him a INT next year since he does it for everbody else

Last edited by Junior G; 05-08-2010 at 11:38 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #6535
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,947 | Props total: 6814 6814
 P. Dedos said:
who the f**k is lonnie pryor
I probably shouldn't do this....but he's the negro in the video really that's him....

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #6536
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 MARTIAN MAR said:
I probably shouldn't do this....but he's the negro in the video really that's him....

f**k's wrong with that house n*gga.........
 8 years ago '05        #6537
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 MARTIAN MAR said:
Lonnie Clinton Pryor - Headed to hammer heads with Jacory Harris, Channing Crowder and D.J Boldin...world...

f**k is Lonnie doin chillin with a f*g like Jacory.....he probably tellin Jacory to throw him a INT next year since he does it for everbody else

Awww Cmon b yknow b**ches love a f**got
 8 years ago '05        #6538
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ESPN Radio is reporting SEC Commish Mike Slive has..
already had preliminarily discussions with WVU, GT, Miami and FSU. No offers have been made. The discussions have been going on for well over a month.

-He said this would expand the SEC to 16 teams which Slive wants.

-He wants to stay within the region.

gators will no longer duck us :laughing19:
 8 years ago '07        #6539
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Deeangoe said:
ESPN Radio is reporting SEC Commish Mike Slive has..
already had preliminarily discussions with WVU, GT, Miami and FSU. No offers have been made. The discussions have been going on for well over a month.

-He said this would expand the SEC to 16 teams which Slive wants.

-He wants to stay within the region.

gators will no longer duck us :laughing19:
s**t this would be too wild. It would feel so damn weird playin in the sec
 8 years ago '04        #6540
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 2776 2776
now that boss shannon's locked down, other schools cant use that as negative recruiting against us
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Woman goes missing after posting about upcoming Tinder date
79 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Have Found The Marshmallow For My Sweet Potato Pie
25 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Australian but lives in L.A.
28 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
321 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Of all the niggas in cinema who should’ve never died at the end of a movie/wan..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ralph Lauren 40% Off Items $125 And Better, One Day Sale Only !!!!
12 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Tekashi69 First show in NYC (Sold Out Venue)
64 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside There's no need for us to rush it through, ohhh
39 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy