Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
24 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Reminder Black Friday Starts Now at Walmart.com
37 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside TEKASHI69 saves Magnolia producer Pierre from an ass whooping or worse
41 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #6481
booie4 
space
space
$5,238 | Props total: 1524 1524
This Kylan Robinson s**t is scaring me.
 8 years ago '07        #6482
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,507 | Props total: 1132 1132
Fortson better tighten the f**k up we need him on the line to clog s**t up

injuries do hinder you but he needs to get it together
 8 years ago '04        #6483
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,967 | Props total: 2776 2776
every year shannon does some weird shyt with the lineup

whether its putting slow a.ss richard gordon on kick returns, starting kirby freeman over kyle wright or not starting his best running back:disdain2:
 8 years ago '04        #6484
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
my n*gga dchis coming through hardcore :applause:
 8 years ago '05        #6485
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
 madness said:
every year shannon does some weird shyt with the lineup

whether its putting slow a.ss richard gordon on kick returns, starting kirby freeman over kyle wright or not starting his best running back:disdain2:
lmao i forgot who it was. but wasnt someone in here excited about gordon returning kicks
 8 years ago '04        #6486
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
K-Rob Was Most Improved Player Says Shannon
Apr. 9, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Kylan Robinson.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Sometimes it just takes time for a player to come into his own.

For senior linebacker Kylan Robinson, that time appears to be now.

Head coach Randy Shannon named Robinson, who was the first-team middle linebacker throughout the spring, as the most improved player on the team.

“K-Rob, the man, the legend. K-Rob has came a long ways, I’m being honest with you,” Shannon said. “I like the way he’s come around, he’s playing his butt off. He’s enthusiastic out there. He’s not the guy that was in his shell all of these years. Like anything, it takes time. You never think it’s going to take, three, five, four years, or whatever, but now he’s a fifth-year guy if I’m not mistaken so the light came on in practice. The guys have confidence in him, they joke around with him.”

Robinson, a native of Anchorage, Alaska, would be a nice addition to the defense if he can continue his progression, which Shannon believes will happen.

“Yes, he can really help us in the fall,” Shannon said.

It could be a quite a turnaround for a player coming off a season in which he registered just one tackle while playing in all 13 games primarily on special teams. He had three tackles in seven games in 2008 and did not record a tackle in two games in 2007.

“This is my last opportunity to make something good of myself so I am just really pushing hard and working as hard as I can,” Robinson said.

Teammate Sean Spence believes Robinson is a different player this year.

“He is a smart physical linebacker who can make checks and the calls before the snap,” Spence said. “He can get the defense lined up to where we need to be. He has made a big change. He is a totally different player mentally and physically.”

Shannon recalled a moment in which he felt Robinson showed something that they had not seen in the past.

“K-Rob made a play and tossed a guy to the ground, we had never seen K-Rob do that before so anytime players do that, you get excited,” Shannon said.

Robinson stands 6-foot-1 and weighs 235 pounds. He played running back on the scout team in 2006 before switching to linebacker.
 8 years ago '04        #6487
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Bright Future in Store for Chavez Grant
Apr. 9, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Chavez Grant.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Chavez Grant played all over the field as a player at the University of Miami. From corner to nickel to safety to Special Teams, Grant did whatever was asked of him, and did it pretty well.

So that’s what he did on UM Pro Day when he worked out just about everywhere.

“I think I did pretty well. I was excited to see everybody perform well. Some guys could have did a little better in some things, but it is what it is. There were nerves out there. But it’s pretty satisfying,” Grant said.

Grant said he wasn’t nervous going while some of his teammates were and failed to sleep the night before.

“Javarris (James) said he couldn’t sleep and Sam (Shields) said he couldn’t sleep, but the way I look at it, some of these drills and running, I’ve been doing this my whole life. The only thing is there are other guys watching me do it. I definitely put out my best effort,” Grant said.

Grant said he clocked in the 4.5 range in the 40, a far improvement from when he first arrived at Miami when he ran in the 4.8 range.

“Swasey has done wonders for me,” Grant said. “When I first got here I ran in the 4.8 range.”

Football though might not be in Grant’s future. He’s not expected to be drafted and still has no scheduled NFL workouts, but what he does have is a Bachelor’s degree and on track to get his Master’s Degree in International Administration by May 2011.

Football is a dream of his though, although not the way it might be for some other players who don’t see beyond the gridiron.

“This is like, I don’t know. It’s kind of in the middle (as a dream). I love the sport, but I don’t know if just seeing my dad in the business world, dreaming of following in his footsteps. I just like to wear suits, but I feel like both are my dreams. I am going to try to do this football thing til it’s exhausted and then use my degree,” Grant said.

Hearing things like that are good to hear from football players at major Division I programs when the focus is always NFL, NFL, NFL with nothing else in mind.

Grant clearly isn’t in that mold, but he will take every opportunity he is given to try to make an NFL team.

“Definitely, I did that here my whole career, played corner, nickel, safety when needed, a lot of special teams, a lot of guys know me for the big hits on punt returns, so I am willing to do whatever,” Grant said.

He is one of two corners who are gone from the 2009 team. He expects Brandon Harris to be the main guy to take over and be the vocal and leader by example.

“I got to say my boy Brandon Harris. We’ve been down for a long time. I know his work ethic. I know what he can do. I know he has those leadership qualities. I feel he’s going to be on those big leaders on that defense. I think his overall knowledge of the game. He’s always had a long stride. I think track will give him confidence that he can run with receivers, along with that confidence, the confidence to take some risks, you might make some big plays, you might make some mistakes. I think he’ll make a big impact,” Grant said.

And with it being Harris’ junior year, it’s that time for him to step up according to Grant.

“I think it is the junior year. The freshman and sophomore year you are learning the ropes. The junior year is the year is when you are coming full circle, guys are trusting you and believing in you. The senior year, now you are well established, you kind of lead the team however you can,” Grant said.
 8 years ago '05        #6488
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
tavadis glenn, devont'a davis, jeremy davis, travis williams, delmar taylor, david perry, clive walford

have not qualified yet,
 8 years ago '04        #6489
booie4 
space
space
Most was gonna red-shirt anyway with maybe the exception of the Davis boys.
 04-10-2010, 12:32 PM         #6490
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
-star WR likes Miami's offense

Kelvin Benjamin is considered one of the best wide receiver prospects not only in Florida but perhaps the entire country and the Glades Central standout is getting recruited like it. He has a lot of interest in Miami so read on to see what he's saying about the Canes, the recruiting process, and more.
Kelvin Benjamin helped lead his team to the state championship game against Cocoa last season by putting up some big numbers.
"I did OK," Benjamin said. "I had 40 catches for 920 yards. It was a good season but we gotta go back and win it this season."

Those production numbers were very impressive, especially for a 6-foot-5, 210-pound receiver.

"I've basically just been working out since last season ended," he said. "I have been working out with college players and running track, trying to stay in shape and getting ready for spring."

Benjamin has quickly become one of the state's top wide receiver prospects and he has the offers to prove it. Miami, Florida, USF, Tennessee, West Virginia, and on and on. They just keep coming.

"I am still not sure yet about a list of favorites or anything," he said. "More offers are gonna come in so I am gonna wait and start over and go from there. I am still open to anybody."

The standout receiver prospect says he followed all three Florida schools growing up.

"I watched all the schools around Florida," he said. "I've watched Miami a lot."

Benjamin is very familiar with the Canes and spoke highly about them.

"I like that they give the ball to their receivers a lot," he said. "I went to one of the games last season; I like the hype in the locker room. I didn't get out to a spring practice but I talk to Travis Benjamin and he tells me good things and Randy Phillips says good things too. I like Miami a lot."

Benjamin, who says he plans on attending Florida's spring game this weekend, talked about some of the things he'll be looking for when choosing a school.

"Playing early and education are two big factors," he said. "I wanna play and also having a good relationship with the coaches is important to me."
 8 years ago '05        #6491
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 booie4 said:
Most was gonna red-shirt anyway with maybe the exception of the Davis boys.
the redshirt is not what me...its the fact that, thats 7 potential recruits that would have to go prep..and ykno when they go prep they wont resign...or worse just look to sign with another skool...which leads to my case why would shannon recruit players if they academic casualtys
 8 years ago '04        #6492
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Canes Race to Top Time in 12 Years
Apr. 10, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

DeMarcus Van Dyke, Brandon McGee, and Travis Benjamin.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Four University of Miami football players teamed up to run the fastest 4x100 time in 12 years at the Hurricane Invitational on Saturday night.

Senior cornerback Cory Nelms ran the first leg before handing off the baton to senior cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke who handed it off to junior wide receiver Travis Benjamin before sophomore cornerback Brandon McGee closed out the win.

The foursome ran a 40.15, which qualifies them for nationals.

The Hurricanes narrowly beat out perennial power LSU, which ran a 40.26.

"LSU is a powerhouse, but we are a powerhouse too and we have a lot of speed," Van Dyke said. "I expected to beat them."

The 40.15 mark ranks third all-time at UM. The school record in the 4x100 meter relay is a 39.99 set in 1998 by Santana Moss, Robert Williams, Davian Clarke, and Daryl Jones.

The relay team could receive a boost next week by freshman running back Lamar Miller, who has been out with a shoulder injury he suffered in the spring game.

Later in the night, Van Dyke, Benjamin, and McGee competed in the 100-meter dash.

Van Dyke ran a 10.79, McGee posted a 10.88, and Benjamin was disqualified due to a false start.

"It was my first time running since high school so there is always room for improvement," McGee said. "I'm not really pleased with my time, but I talked to Coach Deem and she said I have to work on my form because that's something I really got away from."

The football players were well-supported with as many as 25 current teammates were in the stands watching them in action.

Also in attendance was former Hurricane Willis McGahee, a Baltimore Ravens running back.

Nelms also participated in the 110-meter hurdles finishing fifth running a 14.31. Junior defensive tackle Micanor Regis participated in the shot put to round out the action for the football players.
 8 years ago '04        #6493
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
gaw lee dem n*ggas is fast :wow::wow:
 8 years ago '04        #6494
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
jeremy davis needs to qualify that boy's gonna be f**king amazing in college man.. .he's got some devin hester type of speed... shalala can't f**k these kids over !!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #6495
booie4 
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
the redshirt is not what me...its the fact that, thats 7 potential recruits that would have to go prep..and ykno when they go prep they wont resign...or worse just look to sign with another skool...which leads to my case why would shannon recruit players if they academic casualtys
Depends where they go, i know we have a great relationship with either Milford or Hargaves (sp) and solid with the other. Also i don't remember the last player who went prep and didn't re-sign that we wanted. Coop, B. Washington, Dixon, Hester, Franklin all came back.
 8 years ago '04        #6496
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,836 | Props total: 4096 4096
 booie4 said:
Depends where they go, i know we have a great relationship with either Milford or Hargaves (sp) and solid with the other. Also i don't remember the last player who went prep and didn't re-sign that we wanted. Coop, B. Washington, Dixon, Hester, Franklin all came back.
lesean mccoy is the only one that immediately comes to mind.
 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM         #6497
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah McCoy backed out like a little b**ch. Still can't stand him

[pic - click to view]

04-11-2010, 09:04 PM         #6498
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cali DE Townsend Has UM Top 3
Greg Townsend

Defensive end Greg Townsend Jr. from Beverly Hills High in Beverly Hills, California, is just one of a handful of in-state prospects currently holding an offer from USC.

However, Townsend (6-4, 240) doesn’t list the Trojans, or any other California school for that matter, among the schools he has the most interest in at this point.

“My offers are USC, UCLA, San Diego State, Cal, Oregon, Washington, TCU, Miami, Arizona, and Arizona State,” Townsend said. “I really like Washington, Oregon, and Miami right now. At Washington, the coaching staff is real cool and I have a couple friends going up there. At Oregon, the coaches are cool too and the Nike thing attracts me. With Miami, just the thought of being in Miami appeals to me.”

Townsend, whose father played 13 seasons in the NFL, had 73 tackles, 7 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 blocked field goals as a junior but it turns out he is high on the Canes without being recruited all that much by them.

“Yea Miami offered me like right when the season started,” Townsend said. “Coach Robinson gave me the offer but I know he’s not there anymore. I know they got a new defensive line coach and I’m supposed to give him a call. To be honest, I don’t know much about Miami at all. I’ve been to Miami once or twice and I liked it out there so I’m just basing things off my experience in Miami.”

Even though Townsend doesn’t know much about the school, he did see Miami playing on TV multiple times this past season.

“I saw them play against Florida State, I saw them when they had the new jerseys (USF), and then I saw them play in the rain and they had a bad game (Virginia Tech),” Townsend said. “My thoughts on watching them was speed and strength because they have a lot of athletes out there. I was thinking ‘Where do I see myself fitting in?’ and I could see myself in their defense.”

Townsend also mentioned he didn’t really follow Miami or any other school that much growing up because football is a more recent interest for him after being a basketball player before that.

Townsend plans on taking all of his official visits since he hasn’t really seen much of anything outside of the West Coast.

“I’m going to take all of my official visits and I’m not going to rush my decision,” Townsend said. “I’m going to really evaluate each school throughout the process. The schools I’ve been to before are USC, UCLA, and Oregon. I plan on getting up to Washington on April 30th but I’m not sure about that yet.”

Townsend finished by talking about his priorities in regards to a decision, including both factors that are and are not important to him.

“Staying close to home is not a factor and I just want to play early,” Townsend said. “I want to get some exposure to get me ready for the next level. As far as their style of defense, I definitely like the 4-3 better than the 3-4.”

Townsend's father went to TCU and is 16th on the NFL's all-time list for career sacks.
 04-11-2010, 09:06 PM         #6499
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cali LB Gibson is a Disruptive Force

Jason Gibson

Linebacker Jason Gibson from Junipero Serra High in Gardena, California, was a disruptive force as a junior making 97 tackles, 16 sacks, and 3 fumble recoveries.

Coming from a school that featured 2010 five star athlete Robert Woods (USC) and current star junior George Farmer, it was pretty easy for colleges to notice Gibson.

“I have offers from the whole Pac-10 except for USC, then Florida, Tennessee, and Colorado,” Gibson said. “California is my number one school right now but I’m probably going to take some more visits to see what else is out there.”

Gibson (6-2, 215) has visited the campus in Berkeley and he explained why the Golden Bears are ahead of the rest of the pack.

“The whole surroundings around California are great and I basically like everything about them,” Gibson said. “I took a visit up there and I liked all the new things they were doing so I think I could fit in pretty good there.”

Gibson discussed the decision timeline he currently has in mind as well as when he will take some more visits.

“I plan on taking some more visits and probably in the middle of my senior season, I’ll probably have my decision ready,” Gibson said. “The schools I have been to so far are Stanford, California, UCLA, and USC. I don’t know about any visits during the spring but maybe over the summer I will go to some more schools.”

Gibson said that things were going on the right track with Miami shortly after the season ended but that the lines of communication between both parties have cooled since then.

“Earlier, like around December and January, I had been talking to Miami but that’s really the last time,” Gibson said. “I haven’t talked to them too much all together. They were just asking how I was doing and they said to keep up the good work. I never found out if they were planning to offer me because we didn’t stay in contact after that.”

Gibson talked about what he does know about Miami as a program and what he saw from the Canes on the field since he saw a couple of their games.

“I like their program and their school, I just have to get in contact with them,” Gibson said. “If I was to get in contact with them, I think my interest in them would grow more. I think I remember watching a couple of their games and they looked like a fast team. Their defense was pretty good and it’s just a good program.”

Gibson mentioned that he would like to stay in the state of California for college but if he were to head out of state, it would probably be for a school in Florida.

“If I was to go outside the state, I would probably go to Miami or Florida but I kind of want to stay home,” Gibson said. “I want to get some early playing time and make an impact on the team.”
 8 years ago '04        #6500
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
screenshot from ncaa 2011

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Tig ol Bittie Ms. Christine Lashawn
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside When you try to sell 4 new games and a system and GameStop offers $30
91 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is she too pretty to be a pornstar?
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Who is Currently your NFL MVP?
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to choose the sites customers see..
206 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Lit UPS Worker delivering a package near you soon
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ‘Aquaman:’ Director James Wan Says His Film Won’t Use Air Bubbles Like..
30 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cormega Responds To The Steve Stoute Interview Via IG
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy