most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
36 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Steve Kerr response to why Klay Thompson didn't play in fourth
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM         #6421
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just read on twitter that Jordan Futch is gone for the season now..

ByTimReynolds Don't sleep on the loss of #Miami LB Jordan Futch for season (knee). He was making big strides for the 'Canes. #AP_Top25

Don't think this was posted yet... but damn
 7 years ago '04        #6422
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Yeah Futch seems to be out for the season, he tore his ACL in the FAMU game.

Thankfully we seem to have good depth at linebacker. Pretty inexperienced but Cookie is a monster and he makes plays everytime he gets a chance. Arthur Brown is fast and very physical hopefully he knows the playbook more and gets a feel to covering his a.ssignments. I think his biggest flaw is the pass game but none of the teams Miami is gonna face are a threat with their passing so he should fit in nicely against the run :applause:
 7 years ago '05        #6423
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
ryan hill is out too
 7 years ago '07        #6424
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
damn futch was a beast to

ryan hill i really dont care that much for

jus when i thought we was staying healthy....damn damn damn
 7 years ago '05        #6425
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Freshman Brandon McGee corners a spot on Hurricanes’ defense
by Jorge Milian

Brandon McGee’s name doesn’t appear on the stat sheet from Saturday’s UM-Florida A&M game.

But make no mistake about it. The freshman cornerback showed enough in his first extensive playing time as a collegian that he’s become part of the rotation at the position, according to UM coach Randy Shannon.

“Some nice reps, some nice plays in the game which will help us out down the stretch,” Shannon said. “He had a great week last week. We put him in the fire and we didn’t take him out.”

McGee, from Plantation, played briefly on defense in the season opener against Florida State, then didn’t play at all against Virginia Tech or Oklahoma. But with senior Sam Shields struggling some in his coversion from receiver to cornerback, McGee was given an opportunity and impressed coaches with his practices leading up to the FAMU game.

“As a player you want to get out there and get on the field but the coaches know what’s best for the team,” said McGee, who was ranked by Rivals.com as the nation’s 10th best cornerback prospect in the class of 2009. “If they felt like keeping me on the sidelines was best for the team, I wasn’t going to be a selfish player. Just being patient waiting my turn was my mindset.”

McGee played steadily against the Rattlers, successfully defending one long pass thrown in his direction. Beating McGee deep won’t be easy for any opponent. He ran 40 yards in 4.23 seconds after enrolling at UM in January and is said to be the second-fastest UM player behind Shields. McGee adds good size for a corner at 6-feet and 190 pounds.

“You’re not going to beat him deep because you can’t run by him,” sophomore cornerback Brandon Harris said. “He’s physical, too. He’ll get his hands on you. So for a couple more years, guys are going to have to look out for Brandon McGee.”

McGee is one of seven true freshmen – along with Olivier Vernon, Mike James, Curtis Porter, A.J. Highsmith, Ray Ray Armstrong and Brandon Washington — to play this season, acccording to UM’s participation chart. With depth issues at cornerback, McGee could end up playing more than the other six.

“Now I got my first game out of the way,” McGee said. “Now I can go out there and play with more confidence, more loose and everything. I’m definitely feeling good.”

A couple of other things:

…..Brandon Harris’ 11 passes defended rank No. 1 in the country although his per game average of 2.20 ranks second among FBS players to Oklahoma State’s Perrish Cox (2.25). In five games Harris has nearly double the team-leading six passes defended registered by Bruce Johnson all of last season. Harris had a sensational game against FAMU, intercepting one pass and breaking up five others but was upset afterwards because he dropped at least one interception. “Five breakups are good, but three interceptions sounds better than five breakups,” Harris said.

….The Oct. 24 game between UM and Clemson will be played at either 3:30 or 8 p.m., the ACC announced on Monday.

…..UCF coach George O’Leary said on Monday that the school expects Saturday’s game to be sold out. Bright House Networks Stadium seats 45,301.

…..Rumors are running rampant that linebacker Jordan Futch sustained a serious knee injury against FAMU. If true – and you would need a court order to get it out of Shannon – the Hurricanes are going to have serious depth issues at linebacker.
 7 years ago '06        #6426
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,671 | Props total: 12186 12186
so much for junior gay saying brandon harris was garbage

hes one of the best in nation!!!
 7 years ago '04        #6427
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,796 | Props total: 1400 1400
yo i read somewhere that Miami returned 400 tickets to UCF, im going to go up to the school to see if i can get some. I might be able to grab a few people a ticket depending on the price. ill let yall know
 7 years ago '05        #6428
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
yo i read somewhere that Miami returned 400 tickets to UCF, im going to go up to the school to see if i can get some. I might be able to grab a few people a ticket depending on the price. ill let yall know
just checked you have to buy them through ucf ticket office and buy a 4 game plan for 110 :angry12: tf i want a 4 game plan if i dont live there
 7 years ago '04        #6429
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
yeah heard about that s**t to...looks like im gonna have to find a way to view the game without going home
 7 years ago '05        #6430
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
other than crip.....whos going to the ucf game?
 7 years ago '05        #6431
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Miami (4-1) at UCF (3-2),7:30 EST, Saturday, October 17

Why to watch: How often will Randy Shannon show his ‘Canes the tape of South Florida’s upset of Florida State three weeks ago? Miami faces a similar quandary this weekend as the ‘Noles did, playing an in-state opponent looking to use it as a vehicle for local bragging rights and national exposure. The Hurricanes are on the brink of the top 10, and can ill-afford to lose focus at this stage of the season. Bright House Networks Stadium will be packed and energized with Miami visiting Orlando. After nearly pulling off the unexpected in this game last season, UCF could get a much-needed boost in all areas of the program by actually following through and delivering an upset. The Knights have been up-and-down this fall, needing a rally to beat Memphis two weeks ago.

Why Miami might win: The speed and talent of the Hurricane defense is going to overwhelm a UCF offense that’s one-dimensional and highly inconsistent. The Knights rank 100th nationally playing a schedule that includes games with Samford, Buffalo, and Memphis. The ‘Canes will feast on a leaky offensive line, flooding it with an active front seven that features talented linemen Allen Bailey, Joe Joseph, and Marcus Robinson, and linebackers Sean Spence and Colin McCarthy. With little to worry about from QB Brett Hodges and an average set of receivers, Miami can concentrate on stuffing RB Brynn Harvey.
Why UCF might win: No, it’s not Miami, but the Knight defense also has speed and has played rather well all year. It leads Conference USA against the rush and has gotten a consistent push from ends Bruce Miller and Jarvis Geathers, and LB Lawrence Young. As well as ‘Cane QB Jacory Harris has played this year, he’s also thrown seven picks, and the running game has had a habit of disappearing. A lathered-up Bright House Networks crowd can be a daunting venue. Just ask Texas, which almost fell in Orlando two years ago.

Who to watch: Without a lot of national attention, sophomore Brandon Harris is on his way to becoming the next big thing in a Miami cornerback. A tremendous all-around athlete and instinctive defender, he’s off to a fantastic start, leading the nation with 11 passes defended. Whether it’s Rocky Ross or Kamar Aiken, he has the skill set to completely neutralize the other team’s best receiver.

What will happen: Whatever electricity is in the air at kickoff will not last very long. Miami will make sure of that. Although UCF can be feisty in Orlando, it just doesn’t have the necessary weapons on offense to flirt with the upset past halftime. The Hurricanes will hit Hodges repeatedly, turning loose balls into short fields for Harris & Co. Once Miami jumps out to a double-digit lead, the Knights’ hopes of emulating South Florida will be over.

CFN Prediction: Miami 34 … UCF 16 ... Line: Miami -15
 7 years ago '05        #6432
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Jacory Harris: "I got to make smart reads"
The way Jacory Harris and his wide selection of receivers opened the season, it looked like the Canes were going to be able to stretch the field all year long.

While Harris has hooked up on a few deep balls the last couple weeks (remember Travis Benjamin's 38-yard TD catch against Oklahoma and Leonard Hankerson's 37-yard catch against FAMU), the big play simply hasn't been there quite as often as it was against Florida State and Georgia Tech. The reason? Opposing defensive coordinators are game-planning for Miami better, taking away the deep ball and forcing Harris to work underneath more and more.

"The first couple of weeks everyone was playing us man," Harris said after Wednesday morning's practice at Greentree Practice Field. "They didn't know what we were coming with. So it was opening up the deep passing game. Now everybody is playing soft, so now we can throw little short routes."

If you are wondering why Harris has thrown as many interceptions (5) as he has TDs (5) in his last three games, he already knows the answer.

"I'm trying to go for the big play instead [of settling for a short gain]," Harris said. "I just got to make smart reads and trust everything around me and read the defense. [The interceptions] will lower itself."

Harris didn't see much action against UCF last season. He was 4 of 6 for 14 yards and came in late to convert a two-point conversion scoring play. UM had its second-worst passing day of the season against the Knights, throwing for just 88 yards as a team. Robert Marve, who played most of the game, was intercepted three times by a talented UCF secondary.

This Knights secondary isn't as experienced. But it is littered with South Florida speed. Freshman corner Josh Robinson was a standout at Plantation, junior Darin Baldwin was a star at South Dade, strong safety Michael Greco, a senior, starred at Cardinal Gibbons and freshman free safety Kemal Ishmael was a star at North Miami Beach High.

"They're going to give us a good game. They have a bunch of wonderful players," Harris said. "They want to take down Miami, and I guess that can make their season. A lot of people just want to bring down the University of Miami. We already had one disappointing loss, and I don't think this team wants any more losses. We're going to go out there and play our hardest in order to win."

> The last time UM was ranked in the Top 10, they fell hard at Virginia Tech. Harris said the team is approaching their second venture into the Top 10 differently.

"Last time we were real excited being ranked No. 9," Harris said. "At this point we understand we can't get like that anymore. We've just got to be our regular selves, and we just go out there and have fun. Keep winning games and all the rankings and things like that will come."

> Sophomore linebacker Ramon Buchanon seems like a nice kid. But getting two words out of him feels a lot like trying to scratch out a nasty stain on a shirt. We asked Buchanon about eight different ways how he feels about being given the opportunity to play more with Jordan Futch going down.

Here are some of his short and sweet responses...

- Do you feel you have a pretty good grasp of the plays? "Yeah."

- What would you say has been your biggest challenge? "Staying focused."

- Do you feel more comfortable having played the last two games? "I'm getting accustomed to the game speed. I played the whole fourth quarter and like the last 10 minutes of the third. It was pretty exciting."

He's only a sophomore. He'll come around. We hope.

> UM's official injury report will be released Thursday. But for now, here is what coach Randy Shannon told us this morning: Safety Randy Phillips (shoulder) didn't practice Wednesday; Running back Graig Cooper did and should play; defensive end Olivier Vernon is back, "He practiced all week. I expect him to go in the game," Shannon said.

> Junior Allen Bailey said he's still playing "a few snaps" at defensive tackle, but has played primarily at defensive end since the Georgia Tech game.

> For all of you enamored with the SpongeBob-Canes connection, Harris told us the team has decorated the locker room with SpongeBob fathead stickers.
 7 years ago '05        #6433
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Joseph has emerged as leader on banged up DL
AJ Trump and Joe Joseph have a running joke they share around campus and in the locker room. It was born from the bond they share as warriors in the trenches.

"Wherever we go, he calls me the white Joe, and I call him the black AJ," said Trump, who arrived with Joseph as part of UM's 2004 signing class five years ago and whose locker on the road and at home is right next to Joseph's.

"We have similar shapes, same type of hair -- or lack of it -- and our personalities are scary similar."

Said Joseph: "When I had the beard, we really did look alike."

Black/white, offense/defense, Joseph has become an integral part of Miami's front line on defense as Trump has on offense. But like Trump, whose career was riddled with injuries early on, it took Joseph some time to get where he is today. And he might not have turned the corner without plenty of pushing from defensive line coach Clint Hurtt.

"When Joe was a redshirt freshman, hell, there was nobody that rode Joe harder [than me]," Hurtt said. "Nobody. He's a very prideful kid, a work hard kid, try hard kid. When he was freshman, I grinded on him to the point that it was, to him being personal.

"Sometimes it was. But the thing is, I knew this: I knew when he would become a junior or senior he was a guy that was going to be a leader and I needed him to understand what my expectations were of him and the standard I wanted him to hold the rest of the group to."

The pushing and prodding has paid off this season. No defensive lineman for the Hurricanes has been more consistent than the 6-3, 304-pound fifth-year senior from Orlando Oak Ridge. Joseph, who said he'll have 16 family members at Saturday night's game against UCF, leads all Canes defensive linemen in tackles (17) and the entire defense in tackles for loss (5 for minus 12 yards).

Last year, he made 17 tackles in 13 games and nine starts at left defensive tackle. As a sophomore, he started in five games and played in 10 and finished with 25 tackles.

"He's doing a great job for us," UM coach Randy Shannon said. "He's been here five years, kind of one of the older guys on the football team who has started to make some plays for us. He's always on the players about what the coaches ask them to do as far as technique and making them successful. He's a leader."

Joseph's growth spurt couldn't have come at a better time for the Canes. UM's defensive line has been decimated by injuries. The Canes, still undecided whether or not they will seek a medical redshirt for sophomore Marcus Forston, are down to four legitimate defensive tackles: Joseph, sophomore Micanor Regis, senior Josh Holmes and true freshman Curtis Porter, who burned his redshirt when he played against FAMU last week. Junior Allen Bailey, who began the season playing defensive tackle, has moved back out to end because of the shortage and injuries to that position.

Joseph said because of the injuries he's playing about five to 10 more snaps a game -- 35 to 40 total. But if you ask his teammates, his play hasn't tailed off.

"He's brought big time leadership from a senior, an older guy, what those guys needed," linebacker Colin McCarthy said.

"When you watch him on film, he's out there making plays -- big plays. Against Oklahoma, he had the penalty on the punt block, but came back and had the big hit in the backfield. I know he had like 3 1/2 tackles for loss against FAMU. The energy he's bringing is there, and we're feeding off it."

> Sophomore linebacker Jordan Futch tore his right ACL when his foot got caught in the grass while he was trying to tackle FAMU's LeRoy Vann Saturday night in the third quarter. Futch will have surgery in two weeks, but expects to be back in time for spring ball.

"It hurts us a lot," McCarthy said. "Special teams wise, he was on everything, making plays, making big plays. At linebacker, he was in there on the base package, playing the will. It's going to hurt us a lot. When a guy goes down, it gives an opportunity for another guy to step up. So Arthur Brown and Buchanon will get a shot."

> Shannon will provide plenty of lip service to get the four linebackers trying to fill Futch's spot to compete hard in practice this week. But the job is really sophomore Ramon Buchanon's to lose. Buchanon practiced with the regulars Tuesday according to several teammates while Arthur Brown, C.J. Holton and Kylan Robinson continued to work primarily with the scout team.

"[Ramon] is real athletic," McCarthy said. "He's a fast linebacker for us on the outside. He has a good idea. Some of the motion and stuff, he needs to learn. But he's in there wanting to learn. I think that's what coach Lovett likes about him. When Buchanon was in there, he really didn't miss a beat. He was in there making plays, making tackles. That's all coach Lovett can really ask for."

McCarthy and Sean Spence say Brown has improved. Spence said Brown made strides understanding "run fits and pass fits and knowing where to line up." But McCarthy said Brown still needs time before he's ready to start calling plays.

> Spence said Forston has taken his struggles and injuries this season "tough." On Sunday, UM coach Randy Shannon said it was likely Forston was done for the season. But reports have surfaced recently that might not happen. Here's what Forston's best friend had to say on Tuesday.

"I know he wants to play and what not, he's still trying to play," Spence said. "But he has to do what's best for him. He's not sure what he's going to do yet .He doesn't want to redshirt, but it's not his call."
 7 years ago '07        #6434
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
props

7 years ago '05        #6435
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
haha funny encounter last night...i met matt perrelli (back up qb - ls and extra pointer holder *i think) i was in baracudas in the grove...enjoyin some dollar beers - real cool dude - dude baaallin too driving a h2...decked out all in um s**t
 7 years ago '06        #6436
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,671 | Props total: 12186 12186
 Deeangoe said:
haha funny encounter last night...i met matt perrelli (back up qb - ls and extra pointer holder *i think) i was in baracudas in the grove...enjoyin some dollar beers - real cool dude - dude baaallin too driving a h2...decked out all in um s**t
hes walk on

meaning he paid to go to college

meaning his family is rich as f**k $$$$$$$$$$$$$
 7 years ago '05        #6437
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
hes walk on

meaning he paid to go to college

meaning his family is rich as f**k $$$$$$$$$$$$$

lmao that explains alot... ne ways injury report for the ucf game

Probable

RB Lee Chambers – Lower Extremity

RB Graig Cooper – Lower Extremity

Doubtful

OL Joel Figueroa – Lower Extremity

Out

FB Patrick Hill – Lower Extremity

DL Josh Holmes – Lower Extremity

WR Aldarius Johnson – Upper Extremity

DL Eric Moncur – Lower Extremity

DB JoJo Nicolas – Upper Extremity

DB Randy Phillips – Upper Extremity

Surgery and Out for the Season

DL Dyron Dye – Lower Extremity

DL Marcus Forston – Lower Extremity

LB Jordan Futch – Lower Extremity

TE Richard Gordon – Upper Extremity

LB Shayon Green – Lower Extremity

DE Gavin Hardin – Upper Extremity

DB Ryan Hill – Upper Extremity

DE Adewale Ojomo – Jaw

Last edited by Deeangoe; 10-15-2009 at 06:36 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #6438
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
not neccessarily true...dude could have a a.ss load of loans

edit

then again i forgot you said he had a hummer lol
 7 years ago '05        #6439
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
not neccessarily true...dude could have a a.ss load of loans

edit

then again i forgot you said he had a hummer lol
lmao i dunno bout the loans - but yea everyone ive met from um is f**king loaded

i know this kid whos parents send him 2g's a week as allowance - like seriously
some chick i used to f**k around with - she had a porsche cayanne and parents had houses all over / overseas too
other dude who lamps in his parents 2 million dollar condo as his off campus apt
 7 years ago '04        #6440
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
some dude where i go to school at, got a lambo...a charger and some other s**t to....dude must be loaded.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
69 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
219 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
275 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
249 comments
20 hours ago