Rare pic of Fif when he got locked up!
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball shuts down any psychological interpretation of his new look
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Backlash over Star Wars F*ckery Results End EA stock falling. Wall Street frea..
45 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside And Another Unsatisfied Teacher Gets a Rape Charge
74 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #6321
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Wilder Will Attend UM Spring Game
Mar. 2, 2010

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

James Wilder,.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tampa Plant athlete James Wilder is as good as it gets.

He’s dominating on defense. He may eventually even be better on offense.

Following a filthy season that saw him lead Tampa Plant to the Class 5A state championship and rushing for over 1,000 yards rushing and 19 touchdowns and 18 sacks on defense, Wilder is arguably the top prospect in the state of Florida.

There is no doubt that he’s a highly sought out prospect as he’s regarded as one of the top prospects in the nation by about everyone, but what position is he better at – running back or linebacker?

While even he admits that he feels like he is currently a better player on defense playing linebacker, the University of Miami is recruiting him as a running back, the position he says that he wants to play which bodes well for the ‘Canes.

“I think I am better at linebacker, but I have more passion for running back, but that’s still not decided yet. I have more offers at linebacker than running back, but I haven’t decided yet,” Wilder said of the position he will play in college.

The history at the University of Miami helps the ‘Canes as well. With many running backs have been drafted into the NFL after being star running backs in Coral Gables, Wilder has taken notice of that.

“Yeah, they want me for offense at running back. It’s a good school. I know they get guys to the league especially at running back and that’s what I am trying to do,” Wilder said.

Over the next few weeks Wilder is planning to visit Miami during the ‘Canes Spring practice and also plans on attending the ‘Canes Spring Game.

“Me and coach Weiner are supposed to see how the campus is there this Saturday. We are going to take a visit and see how the school and football surroundings are,” Wilder said. “I am going to be going there for the Spring Game too with our Special Teams coach, coach Dekamp.”

Wilder said the coach he has been talking to is coach Pannunzio. He said he gets along with him and feels that Pannunzio is being straight with him at all times.

“It was coach Hurtt (I was talking to a lot) and coach P. That’s about it. Coach Weiner always connects me with him three-way constantly. We talk at least twice a week. I talk to coach P a lot. He’s real cool. I haven’t met him person. It’s always been through the phone and email, but he is a real cool person, he tells you straight up how it’s going to be when you get there. He doesn’t make up stuff just to get you there,” Wilder said.

Wilder said that he’s never spoken to head coach Randy Shannon though.

“No, just coach P. That’s who I talk to,” Wilder said.

Wilder won’t be making any decision anytime soon though. He said it will be a signing day decision as he wants to be completely sure before committing himself to anyone.

“I think I am going to wait it out to the end. That will be the smartest thing for me to do. There’s no rush for me to do it. I have to make sure it’s something I really want to do, so I think I will wait it out until signing day,” Wilder said.
 8 years ago '04        #6322
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
James Glad to be Back at Tailback
Mar. 2, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Mike James.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Make no mistake about it, Mike James is enjoying being back at tailback.

James was needed at fullback last season when Pat Hill went down with a season-ended injury and James started six games in his absence.

Following the season, James was moved back to tailback.

“It’s wonderful. I love it. I’m glad I’m back,” James said. “I get to run the ball more so I’m glad I’m back.”

The 5-11, 220-pound sophomore said he was happy to help the team out when they needed a fullback and he responded as a solid blocker and also rushed for 46 yards and a score on 15 carries and caught 15 passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. He also returned 22 kicks for 496 yards (22.5 average).

“He’s very natural,” running backs coach Mike Cassano said. “He’s a very, very natural runner and very smooth and is deceptively fast as well. He’s another guy with great size. He’s a very deceptive runner whether it be size or speed and also his elusiveness as well.”

James said he wasn’t sure if the move to fullback was full-time, but says he learned a lot by playing a different position.

“I learned a lot (at fullback),” James said. “I learned another aspect of the game. My blocking got better and I caught more balls at fullback. It was one of those things where they needed me somewhere and I just got in there and did what I needed to do.”

One of James’ favorite players, Willis McGahee, went through a similar transition during his time at Miami. When McGahee was moved back to tailback in 2002, he responded by setting a school record with 1,753 rushing yards.

“I knew about his move since I was a little because Willis McGahee was one of my favorite players and I’ve been looking up to him ever since I saw him play here,” James said.

James has a new look this spring as he’s changed his number to 5, his high school number, from 22 as the number opened up after the graduation of Javarris James.

“It’s a wonderful, I love it,” James said. “22 was okay, it was alright. A number is a number, but I love having 5 back. I miss J.J., but I love this 5.”

James is in a fierce competition at tailback with senior Damien Berry and freshman Storm Johnson as redshirt freshman Lamar Miller has been busy with track and Graig Cooper and Lee Chambers are both out this spring due to injuries.

“We are just approaching it like it’s a competition every day,” James said. “All of our backs are able to play on any given day so we are just approach it that hard work is going to pay off.”

Berry is the favorite to be the team’s starter after finishing second on the team in rushing last season with 616 yards and leading the team with eight touchdowns.

However, James is pushing hard for the top spot.

“Everybody wants to be a starter, but it’s all about who works hard and who gets to play,” James said. “We are not really big on ‘I get more playing time than you or you get more playing time than me’. It’s amore about the team and the offense and helping out the team.”

The team has completed four of their 15 spring practices with practice resuming Tuesday afternoon.

“I feel I have been doing alright, but there’s always room for improvement,” James said. “I’ve been doing okay, but I can be doing better.”
 8 years ago '05        #6323
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
word on the street is storm johnson ran over ray ray on saturday
 8 years ago '07        #6324
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Mike James spitting real s**t with how hard work earns the spot and how you gotta earn the starting spot. No matter who is the main tailback, theyll put up numbers. Competition between players makes the team overall better
 8 years ago '05        #6325
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
ohhh no!!! please help me!!! goddungit!!! awwww man :cry:

B WASH hurt his MCL

:cry: k!ll ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry12::banghead:

f**kin-a!!
 8 years ago '04        #6326
stevecham 
space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
Don't claim the U as my favorite CFB team, but always interested in them..figured a few on here might be interested in this ESPN Insider rumor. Probably nothing that U fans already didnt know.

Miami really wants top 2011 QB | 12:40PM ET | Miami (FL) Hurricanes

Miami is apparently chasing top 2011 QB Teddy Bridgewater pretty hard. He was just down at Miami for a visit, and he told ESPN affiliate Inside The U, "Yes, Miami is coming very hard."

The website reports that Miami is "in non-stop pursuit" of the high school junior, but Bridgewater is getting interest from a large number of schools -- most recently Alabama.

But his decision might come early, because he plans on enrolling early at whichever school he decides to attend.
 8 years ago '05        #6327
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 stevecham said:
Don't claim the U as my favorite CFB team, but always interested in them..figured a few on here might be interested in this ESPN Insider rumor. Probably nothing that U fans already didnt know.

Miami really wants top 2011 QB | 12:40PM ET | Miami (FL) Hurricanes

Miami is apparently chasing top 2011 QB Teddy Bridgewater pretty hard. He was just down at Miami for a visit, and he told ESPN affiliate Inside The U, "Yes, Miami is coming very hard."

The website reports that Miami is "in non-stop pursuit" of the high school junior, but Bridgewater is getting interest from a large number of schools -- most recently Alabama.

But his decision might come early, because he plans on enrolling early at whichever school he decides to attend.

yea nothing new to us....shannon so commited to dude.that he told bridgewater if he commits to miami he wont offer another qb
 8 years ago '04        #6328
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
yeah Storm ran over Ray Ray's a.ss

And also, there have been little f!ghts and altercation and smack talk between players on the field

I think Shannon is letting the dogs loose this time around !!!!!!!

But damn B-Washington can't get hurt we need that fool strong this year!
 8 years ago '04        #6329
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Maurice Hagens

[pic - click to view]

n*gga is scary as f**k

And hes only 17 years old

Cant wait til he lits the f**king nolies up and every team he has to face for the next 4 years
 8 years ago '07        #6330
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,496 | Props total: 1129 1129
 Cap Peeler said:
Maurice Hagens

[pic - click to view]

n*gga is scary as f**k

And hes only 17 years old

Cant wait til he lits the f**king nolies up and every team he has to face for the next 4 years
my bro a beast

he gonna tear s**t up
 8 years ago '05        #6331
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Miller ready to flash breakaway speed
You have to give Lamar Miller credit -- at least he tried. Twice during track season the 5-11, 212-pound running back said he challenged receiver Travis Benjamin for the title of fastest Hurricane. And twice, Miller laments, Benjamin got the better of him -- barely.

"It's hard to beat him," Miller said of the much thinner Benjamin who placed fourth in the 60 meters (6.74 seconds) and two spots ahead of Miller (6.84 seconds) at last weekend's ACC Track and Field Indoor championships. "He runs at warp speed."

Miller might not be fast enough to catch Benjamin in track, but on the football field he's fast enough to grab just about everyone's attention. Tuesday, as the Hurricanes resumed spring practice in full pads and shorts, the redshirt freshman was back on the football field, flashing his speed and talent. And just like last season, he's receiving rave reviews.

"I couldn't wait to see him come back out on the field," said redshirt freshman defensive end Dyron Dye who faced Miller plenty on the Canes' scout team. "The things he sees, does, I've never seen a running back do the things he does. It's very exciting to go against him. It's crazy. I'm excited to see what he does this year."

Miller said he had a couple "big runs" Tuesday. "One, we were running a counter and I saw the hole, cut back and outran everybody," he said. "The next one was a stretch play, I cut back in the inside and did the same thing."

Miller knows the Hurricanes are likely to rotate running backs plenty this season and he said he just wants to earn his share of carries with the other guys -- likely senior Damien Berry and sophomore Mike James. He said his goal this spring is to stay healthy, drop down a few pounds (he wants to weigh 205 when the season starts), and work on his pass blocking -- something he didn't do a lot of at Miami k!llian.

A FEW MORE TIDBITS...

> I almost made the mistake Tuesday of confusing redshirt freshman defensive end Dyron Dye with senior Allen Bailey. Dye isn't as beefy as Bailey yet, but you can definitely see his 6-5, 250-pound frame has room to grow. Dye, who had knee surgery before the Oklahoma game last season, said he has added 15 to 20 pounds since returning.

"The way I put it on, I don't feel heavy," Dye said. "It came on bit by bit. I feel real good. I'm still moving the same as I did before."

> UM coach Randy Shannon said he hopes to run about 130 to 140 plays during Saturday's closed scrimmage at Greentree practice field. That's seems like a lot more than usual. The Canes usually run about 75 to 80 per scrimmage. Shannon said all players -- including the quarterbacks -- will receive equal reps. The scrimmage is open to local high school coaches and youth football coaches who participate in UM's weekend coaching seminar ($50 to register).

> The Hurricanes will have two open scrimmages for the public. The first one is Thursday, March 11th at Fort Lauderdale's Lockhart Stadium at 7 p.m. The spring game is set for Saturday, March 27th at Traz Powell Stadium in Miami. Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m. and the game will be broadcast live on CSS. There will be an autograph session for fans an hour before both scrimmages are set to begin.

> Shannon said he was pleased with the first week of spring practice including the progress of his young quarterbacks in the offense. Occasionally, he says, a few scuffles have broken out between other players because of the intensity of the workouts. "That' the one thing you like, that those guys are really going after each other," Shannon said. "Instead of `you're my teammate, my roommate,' it's more of `you're on offense, I'm on defense, now I'm going to get after you,' which is good."

> Shannon praised receiver LaRon Byrd as one of his one of the opening week's biggest standouts. "He made a lot of plays last week, improved from last year," Shannon said. "We told him, and I told him Saturday, `Hey you had a great week. But now when we come back you have to have a different mentality; what you did last week is over with.' I'm trying to prepare those guys for next season, because we had success early in the season, guys were feeling good about themselves and probably slacked off. Now this is a time you can actually work on it to see if you take that next step, not relax now."

> Former Hurricane Ed Reed watched Tuesday's practice.

LETS GET IT!!!
 8 years ago '05        #6332
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
These ballyhooed UM receivers speak of wanting to be the nation's best. And the competition has ratcheted up this spring, with Tommy Streeter and Kendal Thompkins pushing to join a rotation that lost no one and might have room for five regulars among nine receivers.

UM expects returning starter Leonard Hankerson to improve on his 45-catch breakout season, and LaRon Byrd (nine starts in '09) could start alongside, with Travis Benjamin, Aldarius Johnson and Streeter in the mix and Thompkins battling incumbent Thearon Collier for the slot role. Long shots: Davon Johnson and early enrollee Allen Hurns. Among the intriguing story lines this spring:

• Can Aldarius Johnson rebound from last year's falloff? Though his yards per catch increased (from 10.7 as a freshman to 17.2 as a sophomore), his receptions dropped from 31 to 16. But receivers coach Aubrey Hill said, ``Remember, he tore his groin in the Florida State game and missed two games. In the FAMU game, he popped out his shoulder and missed a game. So before we go write off Aldarius Johnson, he's a really good player. I think of his catch on 4th-and-16 versus Wake Forest.''

Johnson said he's ``lighter and quicker'' and is determined to return to his freshman form. Ex-UM great Andre Johnson, a friend, told him ``to just worry about this season'' and not bemoan 2009.

• Will Streeter make a splash? Expect him to be a factor next season, Hill said. He redshirted in 2008 (wrist injury) and had few chances in 2009, but caught a 47-yarder in the Champs Sports Bowl because offensive coordinator Mark Whipple knew he could beat Wisconsin deep. ``He was behind last year because those other guys played [in 2008],'' Hill said. ``You're talking about a guy who's 6-5, as fast and talented as any receiver we have, really good hands. We're trying to get him to put it all together.''

Streeter said he ``felt uncomfortable'' in '09 but now reads defenses better: ``I can bring a lot to this offense. The coaches know that.'' He said every receiver has a skill better than the others, and his is deep balls. Benjamin has electric speed, but Streeter ``can keep up with him,'' quarterback Jacory Harris said.

• Will Byrd take a Hankerson-type leap and become elite? Randy Shannon singled out Byrd as a standout last week. Byrd (33 catches, 460 yards in '09) is very good, but UM believes he can be special; the Colts' Reggie Wayne said he has more skills than ex-Giants star Plaxico Burress. ``I want people to list my name with the top receivers that played here,'' Byrd said. ``I want criticism. I tell coaches to find my flaws. My grandmother and mother told me I had to improve a lot. I've lost baby fat; I'm more explosive.''

• Can Thompkins get on the field more? UM wanted to move him to defensive back, but he persuaded Shannon to allow him to stay at receiver. ``He's good enough to be our slot receiver,'' Hill said. Though Collier is tough to beat out, Thompkins has drawn raves. ``He's so quick off the line, by the time he takes his first step, he's already gone,'' cornerback Brandon McGee said.
 8 years ago '04        #6333
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,965 | Props total: 2748 2748
 8 years ago '04        #6334
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Spring Practice Report #6
Mar. 3, 2010

Stength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey with former Hurricane Frank Gore, now with the San Francisco 49ers.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes held their sixth practice of the spring Wednesday afternoon.

The team practiced in full pads for the third time this spring.

Miami will hold 15 practices this spring including the annual spring game on March 27.

Read here for the latest news and notes coming out of practice including who had a good day today for the Hurricanes.

Click here to view photos.

NOTABLES IN ATTENDANCE

Former Hurricanes were at practice including San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore, Jimmy Graham, Glenn Cook, and Tervaris Johnson.

A number of top high school players were also in attendance including 2010 signees Eduardo Clements, Brandon Linder, and Jermaine Barton as well as 2011 recruit Jeremy Cash in addition to multiple players from the Hialeah team.

NEWS & NOTES

• The team's primary focus of today's practice was the running game, in which the team practiced full speed. It was a physical practice in which the receivers were not part of this drill, which featured 12-15 plays. "We were just seeing who could line up and knock some guys off the football and who could tackle," coach Randy Shannon said. The team finished with a third-down drill, about 12 plays. This was also done in full speed as the team prepares for the 140-play scrimmage on Saturday.

• Shannon said he is more comfortable this year than in the past because of the depth they have on the team. He also said he has talked to a number of former players about their time at UM including a recent conversation with Michael Irvin, and they consistently talk about how much improvement they made in year three--which the team has a number of key third-year players.

• Shannon noted that WR LaRon Byrd continued to make plays in practice after challenging him at the end of the week for a good first week to see if he would follow it up or drop off. It's great to see Byrd continue to make plays.

• While Byrd was the top offensive player during the first week of practice, Shannon said DL Allen Bailey was the most impressive defensive player.

• S Vaughn Telemaque is starting to show good signs of making plays on the ball, something he did not do a lot of last season despite being a guy that was active against the pass in high school. "He's doing a lot better now than he was last season as this time," Shannon said. "He's starting to make a lot of plays and we're real excited about the way he is producing right now."

• OL Malcolm Bunche played tackle before at Milford Academy and at Newark (Del.) High, but is currently the team's second-team right guard. Bunche compares guard to being "in a phone booth" and just having to worry about getting his feet set. Shannon said Bunche is doing "ok", but expects he will pick up on the offense and college ball better mid-way through spring practices as he's still adjusting. Shannon said Bunche is too heavy right now as he's weighing 340-350.

• LB Sean Spence is having a very good start to spring ball according to Shannon, who attributes Spence's lack of production in 2009 due to injuries. Spence said he's up to 217 pounds and feels good about that weight. Spence said he has been impressed with freshman LB Tyrone Cornileus.

• CB DeMarcus Van Dyke had another interception today, which is always a good sign considering he has just one pick in 37 career games.

• OL Orlando Franklin did not practice due to unspecified reasons.

• CB Brandon McGee did not practice for the second straight day. It was reported that he had a toothache on Tuesday.
 8 years ago '04        #6335
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Miller Makes Impact on First Spring Practice
Mar. 3, 2010

Lamar Miller.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Lamar Miller had an impressive first day of spring practice.

The redshirt freshman running back reeled off two touchdown runs of over 50 yards on Tuesday after missing the first four practices due to participating on the track team.

"It was a good first day because I haven't practiced in pads in so long," Miller said. "I felt good about it."

His teammates were excited to see Miller in action.

“It is exciting,” said defensive end Dyron Dye. “I couldn’t wait to see him get on the field because the things that he can do, I have never seen a running back do. It is very exciting to go against him. It is crazy and I am excited to see him run this year.”

Miller is looking to make his mark this spring and add his name to the mix for playing time at running back along with Damien Berry, Mike James, and Storm Johnson.

"I just want to show what I got and just help my team out," Miller said.

Miller, 5-11, 205, has changed his number to 6 from 27 last season, and is hoping to make a big impact on the team this year after playing on the scout team.

He says he improved the most on his pass protection and reading the defense better.

"In high school we really didn't do that much pass protection because we just ran the ball," he said.

Miller was the top-ranked prospect in Miami-Dade County during his senior season in 2009 while rushing for over 1,700 yards at k!llian. He has plenty of fans pulling for him to succeed and get his opportunity to star on the field.

"I don't pay attention (to the attention), I just try to stay focused and get on the field," Miller said.

Miller competed in the ACC Indoor Track Championships in Blacksburg, Va. on Saturday where he finished sixth in the 60-meter dash with a 6.84 in the finals.

"I did pretty good," Miller said. "Track helps me a lot with my speed and competing against other fast people, which makes you faster."
 8 years ago '04        #6336
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
DE Dye Bigger, Ready To Contribute
Mar. 3, 2010

By: David Lake

Dyron Dye
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- After missing the 2009 season with a leg injury, defensive end Dyron Dye is ready to make an impact at the University of Miami.

Dye (6-5, 250) arrived at UM this past summer as one of the most highly touted recruits in the class of 2009.

He admits he expected to come in as a true freshman and get on the field much like his high school teammate Ray Ray Armstrong did last year, but because of the injury he had to put those plans on hold.

“It hurt real bad,” Dye said of having to watch UM games from the sidelines last year because of the injury. “I hate standing on the sidelines just watching. I was aggravated because it hurt so bad, but it is all good. I am getting better and my main thing now is getting healthy.”

“I talked to my mom and dad about it a lot and I prayed every night and I got through it.”

When spring football started, Dye couldn’t wait to get on the field.

“I was very excited,” Dye said of the first day of spring football last week.

While he wasn’t healthy enough to get on the football field during the 2009 season, Dye made sure to put the weight on his frame that he needed to gain, putting on 20 pounds since he arrived at UM. Now Dye says he hasn’t felt any bad affects of putting on the weight.

“With the way that I put it on, I didn’t put it on and feel heavy,” Dye said. “I put it on and I felt pretty good. I am still moving the same.”

“He is bigger, but with his size and his strength he just has to get accustomed to running around again,” coach Randy Shannon said. “We expect a lot out of him. He plays with a lot of intensity and he brings a lot to the table.”

With Dye in the thick of a talented and deep defensive end position, he says his goal is to work his way up the depth chart.

Dye is a part of a defensive end rotation that includes seniors Allen Bailey and Steven Wesley, juniors Adewale Ojomo, Andrew Smith, and Marcus Robinson, and sophomore Olivier Vernon.

He knows he will have to work his way up.

“Right now I am trying to work to get a spot and compete so that I can get better and help the team out the best way that I can. We are all going to get better by competing.”

For now Dye says he is working at both defensive end spots.

With his play through the first week of spring football, Dye has certainly got the attention of his teammates.

“He has a good motor,” cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke said. “He reminds me of a younger Adewale Ojomo. He is a tough minded kid with a good motor.”

One player who has Dye excited this spring is fellow redshirt freshman Lamar Miller, who in his first practice for the Hurricanes on Tuesday broke two touchdown runs of over 50 yards.

“It is exciting,” Dye said of watching Miller run the ball. “I couldn’t wait to see him get on the field because the things that he can do, I have never seen a running back do. It is very exciting to go against him. It is crazy and I am excited to see him run this year.”
 8 years ago '04        #6337
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Van Dyke: Secondary's Goal To Get INTs
Mar. 3, 2010

By: David Lake

DeMarcus Van Dyke
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- With Miami’s secondary coming up with just five interceptions in the 2009 season, coming up with turnovers has been a big emphasis for the UM defensive backs this spring.

Through the first week of spring practices, senior cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke has led the charge in getting interceptions for the Hurricanes defense.

In UM’s first practice in pads on Saturday, Van Dyke came up with an interception during red-zone drills and then on Tuesday he followed that practice up by making another pick.

“Every week we are trying to do something better,” Van Dyke said. “In the defensive meetings with coach Lovett we just talk about each week raising our games and getting in the playbook. We try to get interceptions every day so that when game time comes and we get the ball in our hands we feel ok with it.”

“Our team goal is to get more turnovers so that we can give the offense more possessions. If we give the offense a lot of possessions, then we can score a lot of points.”

Van Dyke made the first interception of his UM career during the 2009 season against Wake Forest. Now he says he wants to improve that mark in 2010.

“That interception go the monkey off my back,” Van Dyke said. “Now I want to improve my turnover ratio. I want to get more interceptions to help my team.”

Van Dyke says he believes the 2010 secondary will be better because of the experience he and fellow cornerback Brandon Harris now bring to the position.

“The maturity level will be better,” Van Dyke said. “Brandon McGee got his feet wet last year and now I expect him to come in and make plays as a sophomore.”

One area Van Dyke has made big strides in is his open field tackling. Van Dyke finished the 2009 season with 30 total tackles and two tackles for loss, which equaled his total tackles from his first two season at UM in 10 starts.

“I have improved my tackling a lot,” Van Dyke said. “My first two years I wasn’t good at tackling, so I have worked with coach McGriff on that, so now I feel like my tackling ability is up to my coverage skills. I made a bit of an improvement. I just have to keep building on last year.”

Van Dyke says his confidence is as high as it has ever been going into this season because he knows he faces the best receivers he will see every day in practice.

“My confidence is real high because I am going up against guys like Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson, and Kendal Thompkins,” Van Dyke said. “Those guys are great receivers and if I can cover those guys then I can cover anyone in the ACC. Going against those guys raise my confidence.”

Former UM star and current All-Pro safety Ed Reed was at the Hurricanes’ practice Tuesday and Van Dyke got coached up by the future Hall of Famer.

“We were doing individual drills today and Ed Reed pulled me aside and told me to take my angles better and that I am coming too flat,” van Dyke said. “He helps a lot just being out here and giving me tips.”
 8 years ago '05        #6338
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,925 | Props total: 6742 6742
Lamar Miller got them t-mac eyes :lmfaooooo:
 8 years ago '05        #6339
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,925 | Props total: 6742 6742
 P. Dedos said:
ohhh no!!! please help me!!! goddungit!!! awwww man :cry:

B WASH hurt his MCL

:cry: k!ll ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
lol @ n*ggaz gettin nicknames when nobody knows who they are

BWash? he aint got that G5 swag....yeah you know who im talkin bout....he s**t all over you by hisself last year
 8 years ago '04        #6340
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
lol @ n*ggaz gettin nicknames when nobody knows who they are

BWash? he aint got that G5 swag....yeah you know who im talkin bout....he s**t all over you by hisself last year
Who the f**k is G5 ??

n*gga quit bringing up nickname from your junior varsity team daw go back to the hole you came from.
Home      

most viewed right now
Hoops hottie's sexy basketball videos are a total slam dunk
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
71 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
156 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
443 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
438 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
200 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Google Fiber 1000 now $55/month in its newest city
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Nov 15 - Terry Crews names his molester live
91 comments
1 day ago