most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #6281
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
 Junior G said:
haaa you clowns got another 3-star scrub that wanted to go to UF but they didn't offer.
you have a bunch of nobodies

@ this clown talking about stars

you know we are gonna finish with a loaded class right

your 8th best in the ACC right now on RIVALS ( if that even matters )

you get sonned everytime
 7 years ago '05        #6282
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,179 | Props total: 21 21

[pic - click to view]

10-07-2009, 12:32 AM         #6283
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:

[pic - click to view]

:
I laugh at that s**t everytime I see it

then I sit there and watch it over and over again for a good 2-3 minutes lol
 7 years ago '05        #6284
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
Miami defeated Oklahoma 21-20.
Everyone knows the biggest difference between this year's Hurricanes and the past few classes -- prized quarterback, bevy of receivers, offensive linemen who block, emerging tight ends, and now what appears to be a running game.

New offensive coordinator Mark Whipple hasn't just been embraced, he has been smothered with love by Miami fans who had zero tolerance for former coordinator Patrick Nix.

The Hurricanes are 3-1, having fun and scoring some touchdowns.

They're pretty good, right?

Not according to Whipple.

``Offensively, I don't think we're very good, honestly,'' Whipple said Tuesday. ``I told our guys this morning: `Everybody wants to talk that we're 3-1. We've been outscored. Bottom line: stats are stats.'

``What are we, 85th in the country or something in offense? Jacory Harris is seventh in the conference. I don't see any of our guys playing that well.''

Actually, they're 67th in total offense and 83rd in scoring. They've scored 99 points to their opponents' 102.

And quarterback Jacory Harris is third, not seventh, in the conference in passing.

But if you're not No. 1, you're not good enough. Whipple doesn't want any bowl. He wants a bowl in January -- the later the better.

``If we stay on this track, then hey, we're playing somewhere in December and that's not what we want,'' Whipple said. ``We have to get a lot better. We have to clean up a lot of things from Oklahoma. We've just been inconsistent.''

`HIGH EXPECTATIONS' No doubt that Whipple, the former Philadelphia Eagles offensive a.ssistant who tutored Donovan McNabb and has a Super Bowl ring from his days grooming Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, is a perfectionist. Or at least as close to one as you can get.

He's tough, he's intense, and he's hard on his players and himself -- ``The play-calling hasn't been great.

``My expectations have always been high,'' he said. ``These kids have high expectations but I still don't think they have the expectations that I have for them, individually and collectively.''

UM coach Randy Shannon, who seems to have a similar demeanor, said he likes Whipple's approach to the game. ``Same mentality,'' he said. ``We're aggressive-type guys. He demands a lot out of people and players.''

Whipple does the unexpected. He throws when opponents expect a run. He likes motion, involves the running backs in the passing game, uses his tight ends, integrates different blocking schemes.

``He has got ways of being able to get people out of position so he can run the football,'' said defensive coordinator John Lovett, who has coached with Whipple before and has been friends with him for three decades. ``You see a lot of receivers open. He has a very creative mind. He gives defenses problems.

``And he has good players to help him execute. That's the secret to a lot of this stuff.''

The players are responding.

``He actually coaches,'' left tackle Jason Fox said. ``He's not one of those coordinators where his job is just to call plays.''

Fox said he likes the way Whipple ``challenges the defense to adjust or shift or respect what we're doing.''

LaRon Byrd, one of 12 UM players to catch passes this season, said the best thing about the offense is ``we can score a touchdown on any given play. He works with us and keeps us in our comfort level. Whatever is comfortable for us, he'll create the play.''

`PRO MENTALITY' Tight end Jimmy Graham likes the ``pro mentality'' Whipple brings. ``He treats us like pros and he speaks to us that way. He tells us, `If you were in the league you would have been fined $15,000.' It seems like the NFL fines for a lot of things.''

Said running back Mike James: ``It's an offense that involves everybody.''

``Everybody'' includes the newest UM walk-on, Whipple's son, Spencer, 20, who recently transferred from Massachusetts and is the new scout-team quarterback.

``It's always great to have your son around,'' said Whipple, 52. ``I said, `This guy can run the scout team and he can help us win,' and that's the only reason he's here. I don't tell my wife that all the time, but that's the bottom line, really.''

Said Spencer: ``He's a great dad. It has been awesome because I get to spend the most time I've ever had with him.''

Whipple knows he has a special quarterback in Harris, and acknowledged he coaches a good team. ``I just want the best for him,'' he said of Harris. ``He has a world of potential and you have a chance to win a championship always when you have a quarterback.

``We don't have `I' guys. We have guys that will share, guys that like to help each other. You see the camaraderie.''

So, what about Whipple's future plans? After all, the fans love him.

``They were in love with me after [the] Virginia Tech [loss], too,'' he said, grinning. ``I know how it is. My plan is to get the game plan set for Florida A&M [on Saturday]. That's all I ever do, one day at a time.''

And what, if anything, have the Canes done best?

``They found a way to win,'' he said. ``That's the most important thing.''
 7 years ago '05        #6285
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #6286
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
 7 years ago '06        #6287
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Miramar (FL) High School WR Ivan McCartney attended UM's game against Oklahoma as an invited recruit and went in the locker room after the game.

"It was great; I loved it," McCartney said. "I was meeting the players, meeting with the coaches, just was around the UM atmosphere.

"There were a lot of recruits at the game. They were rooting for Miami, and so was I. I had confidence in Miami. I'm not going to say I knew they'd win, but I had that confidence."

Of the experience of going into the locker room afterward, McCartney said, "It was awesome. I walked in there, the players were all talking to the recruits, telling them how the school is and how the football team operates. You could just see the love for the U that was in the locker room.

"I talked to Jacory Harris - he was just asking how our season was going, saying he would love to throw the ball to me. That was great, made me feel great."

McCartney also got some words from coach Randy Shannon.

"He walked up to us in the locker room," McCartney sid. "He was telling me `What do you see? You see how we run, how we operate things.' He asked how I feel about it, and I said `I love it. You all spread the ball around, and that's what I'm looking for.'"

Asked if the game made McCartney want to become a Cane more, the talented receiver said, "Yes. It's kind of a caught-up-in-the-moment thing. Watching it from a first person view, seeing how Jacory and the coaches, how they spread the ball around and gave it to all the receivers, it was overwhelming."

Of the latest with his recruitment, McCartney said, "It's crazy. It's just a lot of recruiting going on. I'm talking to a lot of coaches. I grew up a Miami fan, so I take Miami into heavy consideration.

"I'm open. I went to Oregon two weeks ago, which went great, and I'm going to West Virginia Oct. 17."

So far this season McCartney has 10 receptions for 217 yards with two touchdowns
this guy is a problem :wow:

7 years ago '06        #6288
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
> For those of you clamoring about the Gators getting commitments this weekend from Booker T. Washington defensive end Lynden Trail and receiver Quinton Dunbar, I was told by two UM sources the Hurricanes turned Trail down when he tried to jump on the bandwagon two weeks ago and Dunbar stopped being recruited after he decommitted from UM this summer.
Cold Blooded GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :rasta:
 7 years ago '04        #6289
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,476 | Props total: 424 424
What channel is the game on this week? Sun sports? I don't see it listed anywhere
 7 years ago '06        #6290
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 D.A.R.S. said:
What channel is the game on this week? Sun sports? I don't see it listed anywhere
its not on TV i believe

but its on ESPN360 and im sure there will be other type of streams for it
 10-07-2009, 09:11 AM         #6291
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I heard it was on the College Sports Network channel, which I have, but I looked ahead on their schedule and I don't see the game anywhere.

I could be wrong, though. I'll most likely be watching it on espn360
 7 years ago '04        #6292
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1397 1397
the FAMU website will stream the game for those who cant make it
 7 years ago '07        #6293
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
ima need a stream because espn360 doesnt support brighthouse
 7 years ago '08        #6294
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
my bro told me FAMU students gon be deep at the game. game tix = $44. bus ride, tix, and hotel = $90

not sure how they came up with those prices tho, then again its FAMU
 7 years ago '06        #6295
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
look at when them lame a.ss noles started

leave it the big 3 just kick the noles out and add USF
 7 years ago '05        #6296
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
i have a 360 accout if ne one needs one to see the game....ima be at the stadium watching the game
 7 years ago '04        #6297
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
let me hold that account
 7 years ago '05        #6298
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 FSU_CANE561 said:
my bro told me FAMU students gon be deep at the game. game tix = $44. bus ride, tix, and hotel = $90

not sure how they came up with those prices tho, then again its FAMU
theirs a deep famu alum base in south florida...so famu might very have more fans than cane fans...
 7 years ago '08        #6299
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
 Deeangoe said:
i have a 360 accout if ne one needs one to see the game....ima be at the stadium watching the game
that account will def be appreciated. thanks in advance
 10-07-2009, 03:50 PM         #6300
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I could use that account as well.. props
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago